• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Ike Try Outs - FINISHED

theeboredone

Smash Legend
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8311225#post8311225

Link to SWF Tournament. Go Ike players.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245102

That link is the original topic.

GO HERE FIRST TO FIND IKE PLAYERS: http://xat.com/IkeBabies

Use that link to also determine banned stages, strikes, CP's etc...If no one is in there or available, feel free to use this thread.

Ladies and Gentlemen, wifi and offline players, SWF has decided to host a 64 man low tier tourny. There are 5 spots available for each character that qualifies for this tournament. If you, or if anyone you know is wanting to try out for the 5 Ike slots, we will be taking sign ups in this topic.

So how are we going to see who are the top 5 Ike players online? It's simple, the Ike boards will host a Round-Robin tournament for those that want to qualify. Although this is strictly an Ike only tournament, this is only to see which Ike players are able to handle the intense flames of lag. Based on how many wins, and people's opinions on your performance, we will take the top 5 players and make them the representatives for the Ike community.

Now for the gritty details. I don't exactly know when they plan to host the SWF Low Tier tourny, however I will go ahead and make preparations for the Ike tourny.

Each participant will go ahead and submit their profile onto this topic. Profile will consist of the following.

Name:
WIFI Tag:
FC:

Entries will be accepted until Sunday, 11:59 PM PACIFIC.

The tournament will proceed the following Monday. Players will battle other participants in a best of 3 format. Rules for how the sets will be carried out will be explained in a minute. In any case, players must take note of THE FINAL SET SCORE after you are done. Both winner and loser will contact me (AIM or PM) with their name, tag, and the set score. Here is an example.

"Hey Bored, this is Kimchi letting you know that I beat Rykoshet 2-1. Ok, peace awesome guy who I look up to." -- Kimchi

"Hey Bored, this is Ryko letting you know that I lost to Kimchi 2-1." --Rykoshet

Confirmation from both users will let me input the score. I will be running TIO, so no need to worry about organization. I GOT THIS. If there is any dispute, players will have to re-do the set with a third person spectating. I'm not going to take "proof" as it can easily be rigged.

Because the date for the Low Tier SWF tournament has not been announced, this Ike tourny will be running from Monday, August 17 to Thursday, August 20. This gives everyone more than enough time to compete with everyone else. If by any chance, a contestant does not compete with another, neither side will receive points from what set they should have played.

In any case, I think I have gone through most of the gritty details. Finally, if you wish to see the rules and regulations for running a set, here is the link. I will make some adjustments to eliminate any confusion.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230481

*All C/B stages are allowed.
*Striking for a neutral stage is difficult online, therefore, I recommend you either communicate through a messenger or simply go random.
*You can't counter pick with another character so...no point in announcing that xD.

That's all I got for now. If anyone comes up with anything, just let me know in this thread. I will be monitoring this carefully to make sure I add the contestants into TIO.

--Bored

P.S. If anyone wants to help me run this, I would gladly accept your help.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Some things I'd pretty much like to get out of the way:

1) Don't even bother with making the first stage strike based. Everyone is using Ike so as long as it's a neutral stage for the first time (which everyone should be accustomed to) it should be fine.

2) You may as well make the tourney go from Monday-Friday instead of Monday-Thursday (just in case some people can't make it on Thursday, I guess!).

3) If you need basic assistance (in the form of making bracket or whatnot) then you can PM me for a hand. Doing something like this by yourself is just frustrating.

4) I (personally) recommend we have a vote anyway so we can seed the winners of the vote in different brackets so the results don't get super skewed. Let me give an example:

a d g
b e h
c f i

We'll have everyone fight in their respective rows so if abc were the winners of the poll (which we have 3 days to do, plenty of time) they wouldn't have to face off against each other so early.

That's about it, good luck everyone. Oh, I should probably enter myself into this:

Name: YagamiLight
WIFI Tag: Light
FC: 0688-5673-6522

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
I suggest having a third person stream the matches so other offline players can view then vote. It'll be better if we vote not only off of placement, but performance. Cause the top 5 may not be the 'best 5'. Get me?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Third person = even more lag. : / I'll join just in case I end being oddly good over wifi, but I doubt it.

Name: Niddo
Tag: Niddo
FC: 5455-9080-6591

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
This sounds like fun. I always did want to know firsthand how some Ikes here played.

Name: san
Tag: SAN
FC: 0002-0484-8419
Contact: AIM. You know mine already. PM is fine too, but I might be a little slow to get it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Shoot. I forgot first post reserved for tournament organizer lol. Anyways, THIS POST HERE will list all the entries.

ENTRIES:

1. Name: YagamiLight
WIFI Tag: Light
FC: 0688-5673-6522

2.Name: Niddo
Tag: Niddo
FC: 5455-9080-6591

3. Name: san
Tag: SAN
FC: 0002-0484-8419
Contact: AIM. You know mine already. PM is fine too, but I might be a little slow to get it.

4.Name: PeppyWil
WIFI Tag: Wil
FC: 1676-3433-9244
Contact: PM me here. I have AIM: PeppyWil. I don't get on it that often, but I can use it for communication during matches.

5. Name: Kimchi
Tag: Kimch
FC: 2191-8071-3034

6. Name: Nysyarc
WiFi Tag: Nyke
FC: 4769-3806-0431

7. Name: SaltyKracka
Tag: Salty
FC:1719-2963-1711
AIM: nacloverload

8. Name: Renegade TX2000
Tag: REN
FC: 5327-0574-1697
AIM: renegadetx2001

9. Name: King of Sack
Tag: Max
FC: 2406 6192 6609

10. Teh Brettster
BLF!?
0259-3994-1982
You have my contact info.

11. Name: Pentasalia
WIFI Tag: Mishi
FC: 2621-2318-8014

12. NAME: pc25
TAG: PC
FC: 2234-6817-2122

13. Name: TheeBoredOne
Tag: Bored
FC: 2578 2806 8664

14. Name: Kirky Kirk Kirk
Tag: Kirk
FC: 0044-2489-1662

15. Name: Kishin2
Tag: Kishn
FC: 0731 6583 8417

16. Name: GracefulAssassin
WIFI Tag: xGAx
FC: 1634-2996-1229

17. Name: Brimgs
WIFI Tag: BRims
FC: 4468 3507 6498

18. Name: Slaps or Ian
Tag: Slaps
FC: 4983-4610-6053
Contact: PM or AIM(Redsoxfan2thaend) or MSN (gamingviceprez@hotmail.com) preferably AIM since i'm hardly on MSN

19. Name: LCampoy8
Tag: LC8
FC: 2106 2674 6302

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
I'm in on this. Gonna be such an Aetherfest.

Name: PeppyWil
WIFI Tag: Wil
FC: 1676-3433-9244
Contact: PM me here. I have AIM: PeppyWil. I don't get on it that often, but I can use it for communication during matches.

Lookin' forward to playin' everyone. Fight for you friends on the Ike boards. :)

Edit: now that I think about it, we should do this sort of thing more often. Lag sucks, but it could still be a learning experience. :O

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
I'm a bit skeptical about this idea, since it'll mostly demonstrate who's best at the ditto matchup, but not necessarily who's the best in other matchups :o. But yeah, this will at least save us the trouble of picking out the 5 who will play in the tournament. I guess I'll start playing Wi-Fi again for this.

Name: Kimchi
Tag: Kimch
FC: 2191-8071-3034
Contact: You already know the cool, sexy Kimchi via AIM :laugh:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
My justification for making this until Thursday is because, Friday just seemed too long. Thursday puts more of a narrow window and forces people to make time for this rather than shrugging it off until the last few days.

Also, Yagami, I kinda don't understand what you are talking about the suggestion you made on seeding the winners x_x...If you could explain it in more detail and give a better example, I might consider it.

And no streaming, don't you need a hook up to the wii for that? It seems too tedious and may actually be a bad thing, because you'll be using your own intrenetz to stream the video rather than focusing all of it into the wifi play.

And yes Kimchi, I know this isn't the best idea, but this tournament is more important to see which Ike's have better ability on wifi. While match up experience can go a long way, I believe on wifi, you need to be able to input your commands and maneuver around the stage properly without doing something stupid due to lag. So this tournament should hopefully fish out the best online.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
My justification for making this until Thursday is because, Friday just seemed too long. Thursday puts more of a narrow window and forces people to make time for this rather than shrugging it off until the last few days.
What about the medical tests/getting read for university oppressed Ikes out there? I very well might end up needing that extra day there if worse case scenarios occur.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Awesome, I'm definitely in. Although, for the vote/seeding the winners thing, isn't this going to be a round robin anyways? So we aren't getting eliminated, it'll be more like a sports regular season than a playoffs. Unless we're not doing that anymore?

Name: Nysyarc
WiFi Tag: Nyke
FC: 4769-3806-0431

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
What about the medical tests/getting read for university oppressed Ikes out there? I very well might end up needing that extra day there if worse case scenarios occur.
I'm busy with college stuff and some volunteer stuff as well. I might consider extending it to Friday, especially if we get a lot of participants. Don't hold your breath on it though.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Meh, might as well try and get in on this if I don't get one of the 'Dorf spots.

Name: SaltyKracka
Tag: Salty
FC:1719-2963-1711
AIM: nacloverload

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
if san is entering I am too... guys think you can beat me in ike dittos? =) we shall see

Name: Renegade TX2000
Tag: REN
FC: 5327-0574-1697
AIM: renegadetx2001

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Also, Yagami, I kinda don't understand what you are talking about the suggestion you made on seeding the winners x_x...If you could explain it in more detail and give a better example, I might consider it.
Oh, I'm just saying that the winners of the vote will be placed in different initial brackets. So they all don't kill each other R1, you know?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Oh, I'm just saying that the winners of the vote will be placed in different initial brackets. So they all don't kill each other R1, you know?
Oh I see, well in round robin, you're gonna have to play everyone. So it really doesn't matter if they are placed far or close.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
soounds like fun lol
even if i don't make it far

Name: Pentasalia
WIFI Tag: Mishi
FC: 2621-2318-8014

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
It's been a while since I've been genuinely looking forward to a Wi-fi event, but this is certainly worthy of it. Something tells me this whole thing is going to be severely lacking in sympathy.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Edit: Daaaannggg I got pranked!
Lol, I wish someone would prank me, it's an even better pink than my Debater pink.

Something tells me this whole thing is going to be severely lacking in sympathy.
Ah but it's all good cause we'll be fighting for each other :) But wait... how can we fight for our friends and fight against our friends with no sympathy at the same time?

-mind explodes-

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Lol, I wish someone would prank me, it's an even better pink than my Debater pink.

Ah but it's all good cause we'll be fighting for each other :) But wait... how can we fight for our friends and fight against our friends with no sympathy at the same time?

-mind explodes-

lolol
i laughed hard:laugh:

i cant wait either
idk who ima fight first

this list needs more comboking:lick:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Less than 8 hours left. If you know anyone who enjoys playing with Ike or mains Ike, let them know ASAP to sign up.

BRIMS

Smash Rookie
i would like to sign up

Name: Brimgs
WIFI Tag: BRims
FC: 4468 3507 6498

I hang more around AiB but i'll be sure to do my matches
I look forward to facing some of the better players

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Wow... you've been a non-posting member here since October of 2008 and this thread made you finally end your lurking spree? Jeez... that's pretty epic.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i know him

BRims is alot more active on AiB =.=

hes the leader of the blue team or something;P

lawl lawl

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Name: Slaps or Ian
Tag: Slaps
FC: 4983-4610-6053
Contact: PM or AIM(Redsoxfan2thaend) or MSN (gamingviceprez@hotmail.com) preferably AIM since i'm hardly on MSN

theeboredone

Smash Legend
just a quick question: When Is this supposed to start?
This will be starting pretty much at 12:00 AM Pacific, Monday, August 17th. The tournament will go until Thursday August 20th, 12:00 AM Pacific. Read the first post to understand the rules and procedure of the tournament.

Cross.

Smash Ace
This will be starting pretty much at 12:00 AM Pacific, Monday, August 17th. The tournament will go until Thursday August 20th, 12:00 AM Pacific. Read the first post to understand the rules and procedure of the tournament.
Ok thanks. I know all the rules and stuff already so no worries there. Just wanted to know what time it was starting.

Top Bottom