• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF GYM:(Injuries abound XD)

Have you worked out today?

• Yes!

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • I will right now.

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Maybe we should post a picture of me with my shirt off on the front too. xD Just kidding. Anyways, What's the hat thing all about?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Im going to continue maintaining the abs and start working hard at my pecs/arms.

I love the way my 1 moth picture is described as a man body hahahahaha!

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
So I have decided to dedicate every minute I would normally spend playing games, towards exercising instead. And I play a lot of games, so hopefully it'll show some serious results.
easy to say things like that, hard to do it.

see obama

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Im going to continue maintaining the abs and start working hard at my pecs/arms.

I love the way my 1 moth picture is described as a man body hahahahaha!
^_^

So I have decided to dedicate every minute I would normally spend playing games, towards exercising instead. And I play a lot of games, so hopefully it'll show some serious results.
Good luck with that and that's great! I've actually neglected games with the exception of an occasional match or two during the past few months.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
in regards to working out, when is it better to eat; immediately before or after?
This has been a debated issue for awhile...

When it comes to what I do, I generally eat a small carb meal (pb&j sandwich) about 30 minutes before I go to the gym. Also, I eat some protein after.

My rule of thumb is 2 hours before, it its a big meal.
1 hour before, if it's an EHH meal
30 minutes, if it's a small meal
5 minutes, if it's a TINY snack

Chaco

Never Logs In
Man... I just ate 3 tacos from taco bell and some nachos. . .I got junk to work off.

GOD!

Smash Ace
in regards to working out, when is it better to eat; immediately before or after?
After your workout you want to have some protein within thirty minutes. Cheese, chicken, turkey, or some other lean meat (or powder if you're feeling bold, but I stay away from powder during the day).

You want to eat before a workout as well if you can; its best to have at least an hour between a meal and a workout, because once you start working out, your digestion of food will slow way down because blood is flowing to your muscles and not to your stomach. You will also have more energy available the longer you wait after eating. I find two hours after a meal is a good time for me to start my workouts.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I just ate 4 yoghurts,2 bananas,a bowl of tuna sweetcorn mayo and onion and washed it down with a glass of milk.

Quite yum.

(New font is still kinda weird to me)

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I'd love to cut off the last bit of fat I have on me. About 3 years ago during the summer before my freshman year of HS I dropped about 20 lbs. (I'm never using a treadmill ever again) In sophmore year, 25 lbs. at 185 lbs now I'm looking to drop the rest and be more active. I have no idea how though. Can I join?

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
^_^

Good luck with that and that's great! I've actually neglected games with the exception of an occasional match or two during the past few months.
Thanks, I'll need it.
easy to say things like that, hard to do it.

see obama
Agreed, though I've actually given away all my consoles, so I couldn't play 'em anymore if I wanted to, hahah. The only tricky part is getting the workouts in, and I don't really have anything else I like to do.

Well, now that winter is rolling in, I'm not satisfied working out unless I sweat, and that's not exactly easy to do when it's 45-degrees. I prefer to stay inside for wellness reasons during this time of year... any suggestions for a good workout? Specifically, I have a punching bag and dumbells. Otherwise, no exercise equipments.

EDIT: Though if I do the same exercise in the winter and don't sweat (i.e. jogging), as opposed to during the summer, does it provide me with the same amount of exercise? I have the feeling that the cool weather tones down such exercises.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
I'd love to cut off the last bit of fat I have on me. About 3 years ago during the summer before my freshman year of HS I dropped about 20 lbs. (I'm never using a treadmill ever again) In sophmore year, 25 lbs. at 185 lbs now I'm looking to drop the rest and be more active. I have no idea how though. Can I join?
Hello and welcome! Ask me if you need anything or even a whole workout.

Just get ready to work. :)

Thanks, I'll need it.

Agreed, though I've actually given away all my consoles, so I couldn't play 'em anymore if I wanted to, hahah. The only tricky part is getting the workouts in, and I don't really have anything else I like to do.

Well, now that winter is rolling in, I'm not satisfied working out unless I sweat, and that's not exactly easy to do when it's 45-degrees. I prefer to stay inside for wellness reasons during this time of year... any suggestions for a good workout? Specifically, I have a punching bag. Again, no exercise equipments.
Join a club sports program. You're bound to like one. :)

Oh, and I'm proud of you!

Chaco

Never Logs In
As of this week, I officially start working out again. Previously it was just ab workouts. Now I'm gonna hit it.

I need VM reminders everyday. Lol.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, gettin' ready to do my ab workouts. Skipping out tonight, as I have other things on my mind.

Edit: I just sat down, and watched a video. I really realize how much I need to get in better health now. I may not weigh much, and I may be small. But it doesn't mean I'm really healthy. I consume a lot of sugary foods, and drinks throughout the days. Take it in the last 24 hours I have drank over 4 liters of Dr. Pepper. So I think I've finally decided too give it all up and go to a new lifestyle. It'll require hardwork, and a lot of dedication which I do not know if I'm capable of. But I hope, in the long run it's worth it. It will be, I just have to wrap my mind around the fact that it is worth doing.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's been too cold/rainy (and some snow here too) to do anything outdoors
I played an outdoor lacrosse game today. I may have frostbite xD

There are plenty of exercises to do indoors, guys! Jump-ropes, treadmills, pushups, etc etc.

Yeah, gettin' ready to do my ab workouts. Skipping out tonight, as I have other things on my mind.

Edit: I just sat down, and watched a video. I really realize how much I need to get in better health now. I may not weigh much, and I may be small. But it doesn't mean I'm really healthy. I consume a lot of sugary foods, and drinks throughout the days. Take it in the last 24 hours I have drank over 4 liters of Dr. Pepper. So I think I've finally decided too give it all up and go to a new lifestyle. It'll require hardwork, and a lot of dedication which I do not know if I'm capable of. But I hope, in the long run it's worth it. It will be, I just have to wrap my mind around the fact that it is worth doing.
It's totally worth it, trust me. Girls dig the 6-pack... and since you wear fierce, they will TOTALLY dig you. :p

I'm going to yell at you on aim later.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I'm totally joining this. I'm 14 tomorrow in my freshman year of hs. I am 5' 3" and weigh about 100 lbs and I look pretty skinny. I would totally love to get abs since my friends are pretty ripped and I'm totally jealous so yeah. Starting today I'll be doing alot more exercising.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
I'm totally joining this. I'm 14 tomorrow in my freshman year of hs. I am 5' 3" and weigh about 100 lbs and I look pretty skinny. I would totally love to get abs since my friends are pretty ripped and I'm totally jealous so yeah. Starting today I'll be doing alot more exercising.
It's great to start young! If you keep up the exercise, it will REALLY show when you turn 25. Don't you want to be a beach stud in ten years? :laugh:

I started my lifting regiment during my summer before sophomore year in highschool(I was 15).

Ask me anything you need to know.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Hi, I'm Wenbo (creativity right), sophomore in college. 19 years old, a little taller than 6 feet, probably still around 160 pounds (haven't really gained anything since entering college).

Been basically stuck in the same skinny frame for like, years now haha. Recently I started up wushu again, but I'm neither flexible nor fit enough to really pull off forms like I want to.
The other motive is uhh...I don't feel like being stupid skinny anymore :bee:

Starting with Scooby's beginning plan, seeing as how this is only the 2nd time I've tried to go to the gym regularly (the first time died last year because freshman year sucked in so many ways :lick:).

An idea that popped into my head for motivation was to take a picture of myself every day, and after X number of days, piece together a time lapse "video" much like the the ones for pregnant ladies on youtube :bee:

No real set goals in mind, but I'm also trying to get more flexible, which is one of the most important things for good wushu forms...*sigh*

Any tips for eating at college? I haven't read through the entire topic yet (got up to around 12 and got tired of looking at the monitor ~_~)

And I did a pushup for every time I visited this topic and found a reason for myself to not sign up. xD

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Interesting.

Sure, I'm in.

I have some experience as well. My mother is a personal trainer, and due to that I have plenty of work out equipment downstairs. She's taught me enough where I can give relatively helpful advice to people.

...So now what do I do? Post my current work out routine? Height? Weight?
D: Halp

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Hi, I'm Wenbo (creativity right), sophomore in college. 19 years old, a little taller than 6 feet, probably still around 160 pounds (haven't really gained anything since entering college).

Been basically stuck in the same skinny frame for like, years now haha. Recently I started up wushu again, but I'm neither flexible nor fit enough to really pull off forms like I want to.
The other motive is uhh...I don't feel like being stupid skinny anymore :bee:

Starting with Scooby's beginning plan, seeing as how this is only the 2nd time I've tried to go to the gym regularly (the first time died last year because freshman year sucked in so many ways :lick:).

An idea that popped into my head for motivation was to take a picture of myself every day, and after X number of days, piece together a time lapse "video" much like the the ones for pregnant ladies on youtube :bee:

No real set goals in mind, but I'm also trying to get more flexible, which is one of the most important things for good wushu forms...*sigh*

Any tips for eating at college? I haven't read through the entire topic yet (got up to around 12 and got tired of looking at the monitor ~_~)

And I did a pushup for every time I visited this topic and found a reason for myself to not sign up. xD
Skinny frames are great places to start! Look at Pikaville's transformation on the second post for proof. :)

Try to get on going to the gym on a regular basis... get a gym pal! :chuckle:

A daily picture would be great! When you get your bulging muscles, I'll post the progression as inspiration for all. :bee:

-Stretch stretch stretch! At least 12 minutes a day of stretching will lead to a drastic change in a month!

-College food should be abolished ...:mad:... I ended up eating ramen and restaurant food a lot. I made my ramen noodles healthier by adding in fresh veggies etc. I also did not eat the insta-packs... since they were super salty. Caesar salad was also readily available to me, so I ate that pretty often. Sometimes I'd nab some groceries from my parents home in order to eat something a bit healthier. If you can give me an idea of what's available to you, that'd help me suggest more food to you. College food is tough :urg:

-Oh and, keep doing push-ups whenever you see this thread xD

Interesting.

Sure, I'm in.

I have some experience as well. My mother is a personal trainer, and due to that I have plenty of work out equipment downstairs. She's taught me enough where I can give relatively helpful advice to people.

...So now what do I do? Post my current work out routine? Height? Weight?
D: Halp
Oh that's great. Post whatever information you want about yourself, and help out with the newbies. :)

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Sure.

I'm 5'9, 17 (18 in less than 3 weeks), and hover around the 150lb range.
I'll get a picture up later today to do one of those before/afters like in the second post, since those are fun to do.

Currently I'm not doing much for exercise. Just mostly working on ab and chest.
Following the routine on hundredpushups.com (third column, currently on the 2nd week), and twohundredsitups.com (midway through the first week, third column). Started those, as you can tell, within the last two weeks.
I do planks pretty much nightly.

I'll begin running more in accordance to Cherry's post.

Also for those people in the before/after pics... wouldn't it make more sense to take a picture of yourself flexing? Shows what you have now, and then shows what you have after. Most cameras nowadays have a timer on them so it shouldn't be too hard.
Tiger what do you think?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
College food for me isn't too bad. I think I might just be lucky though - we have a dining hall here with a buffet, I just choose the healthy stuff. :D

Also, I'm really liking my results so far. It's possible I'm on a plateau right now, but at the least I'm being consistent in going to the gym, and little by little I'm upping the weights, the reps, and the durations of my exercises.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Our food is like...

Wrap / sandwiches place - wraps are fried chicken + lettuce + tomatoes + ranch + cheese + bacon on a tortilla, grilled possibly available (might taste like crap, I've never tried it)
Turkey, ham, egg salad, tuna...standard sandwich fare

Hamburger grill place
Chicken-burger grill place

Quesadilla / other stuff place - foods seem rather oily ~_~

Fried chicken / french fries for the really lazy

Salad bar - kinda expensive

Vegetarian wrap place that my vegetarian friend says is terrible >.>

Late night opens up a toasted sub place, which is like the sandwich place, but with toasted subs instead of sandwiches o_O

Pizza / lasagna place (stuff has lots of oil ~_~)

On the other end of campus (where I could go for lunch if I wanted to)...

Mongolian barbecue type thing - rice / noodles + broccoli / assorted veggies (meat optional, includes beef, chicken, shrimp) <-- I'd go here if it wasn't so expensive / hard to estimate how much you should be getting / out of my way

Chipotle type thing - never been here, my friend assures me it's Chipotle but worse (but still better than most of the stuff we have available)

And then, basically the same things we get at north campus. Heh.

I've been trying to get my roommate to go, but he's rather...unmotivated. ¬.¬

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Sure.

I'm 5'9, 17 (18 in less than 3 weeks), and hover around the 150lb range.
I'll get a picture up later today to do one of those before/afters like in the second post, since those are fun to do.

Currently I'm not doing much for exercise. Just mostly working on ab and chest.
Following the routine on hundredpushups.com (third column, currently on the 2nd week), and twohundredsitups.com (midway through the first week, third column). Started those, as you can tell, within the last two weeks.
I do planks pretty much nightly.

I'll begin running more in accordance to Cherry's post.

Also for those people in the before/after pics... wouldn't it make more sense to take a picture of yourself flexing? Shows what you have now, and then shows what you have after. Most cameras nowadays have a timer on them so it shouldn't be too hard.
Tiger what do you think?
Er, yes flexing would be ideal hahaha.

College food for me isn't too bad. I think I might just be lucky though - we have a dining hall here with a buffet, I just choose the healthy stuff. :D

Also, I'm really liking my results so far. It's possible I'm on a plateau right now, but at the least I'm being consistent in going to the gym, and little by little I'm upping the weights, the reps, and the durations of my exercises.
I'm heaps plateauing... haven't changed for 2 months. ****
Tell me what workouts you guys are doing right now. When you begin to plateau, use a different workout.

When you change it up you'll do the "muscle confusion" thing so you can continue to get results.

Our food is like...

Wrap / sandwiches place - wraps are fried chicken + lettuce + tomatoes + ranch + cheese + bacon on a tortilla, grilled possibly available (might taste like crap, I've never tried it)
Turkey, ham, egg salad, tuna...standard sandwich fare

Hamburger grill place
Chicken-burger grill place

Quesadilla / other stuff place - foods seem rather oily ~_~

Fried chicken / french fries for the really lazy

Salad bar - kinda expensive

Vegetarian wrap place that my vegetarian friend says is terrible >.>

Late night opens up a toasted sub place, which is like the sandwich place, but with toasted subs instead of sandwiches o_O

Pizza / lasagna place (stuff has lots of oil ~_~)

On the other end of campus (where I could go for lunch if I wanted to)...

Mongolian barbecue type thing - rice / noodles + broccoli / assorted veggies (meat optional, includes beef, chicken, shrimp) <-- I'd go here if it wasn't so expensive / hard to estimate how much you should be getting / out of my way

Chipotle type thing - never been here, my friend assures me it's Chipotle but worse (but still better than most of the stuff we have available)

And then, basically the same things we get at north campus. Heh.

I've been trying to get my roommate to go, but he's rather...unmotivated. ¬.¬
Ahh I see. So unfortunately the healthy stuff is expensive?? :(

The grilled chicken wraps, the Mongolian place, the sandwich place, the salad place, and the sub place look like your best bets. I do understand it's pretty hard finding things and such. The oily food isn't too bad either... as long as you try to limit yourself. Do you have a fridge in your dorm? If so, try and get a parent to send you groceries or something xD.

Ahh. If he is a stubborn rock try someone else... or just press him!
:mad::mad::mad:

Top Bottom