• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF GYM:(Injuries abound XD)

Have you worked out today?

• Yes!

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • I will right now.

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So this is the end of my 1st week of doing weights.

I'm doing dumbell workouts with 10 kg weights and benching/squatting with 50kg.

It feels good man, can't wait to see the results a few months down the line.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Exactly around the level of where I'm at, except I can do 12.5kg dumbells.

Also + 1 pro for an American using Metric

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Alright! I am now at my cousins, and I have weights here that I use pretty regularily. he has 10 pound ones, and 20. Now the 10 pound ones willl make me more lean and build a bit more muscle, which it has already been doing, and the 20's will make me build more muscle. I do not know what I want to do however, Do I want to stay at my current physique or do I want to get bigger. I have a big frame I think, so when I build muscle I look like a tank, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing now, because I only really work out for my body to feel good and for chicks to adore me. Chicks apparently don't adore huge hulking dudes that accidentally crush them in an attempt to hug.

Ah the choices :(

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Exactly around the level of where I'm at, except I can do 12.5kg dumbells.

Also + 1 pro for an American using Metric
That's mean Cao he's Irish.

On the flipside, I haven't done any exercise in like a month or so.

Feels good man.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Does anyone get that feeling of a sudden rush of blood to your head, excessive yawning, and even some slight uncomfort in the head when working out? Normally this happens when I'm exerting myself with short rest periods and high intensity exercises (Squats, Deadlift, etc.). Only happens in the beginning of my workouts though.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Teran you bum.

Do I want to stay at my current physique or do I want to get bigger.
I always think definition over size is the safest choice.

Does anyone get that feeling of a sudden rush of blood to your head, excessive yawning, and even some slight uncomfort in the head when working out? Normally this happens when I'm exerting myself with short rest periods and high intensity exercises (Squats, Deadlift, etc.). Only happens in the beginning of my workouts though.
Same. I'm always tired going in - goes away pretty quickly though.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Don't worry Meno I'm still dashing.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Guus do you even have any idea what you're talking about?

I was an athlete at school so uhhh

stfu

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Alright! I am now at my cousins, and I have weights here that I use pretty regularily. he has 10 pound ones, and 20. Now the 10 pound ones willl make me more lean and build a bit more muscle, which it has already been doing, and the 20's will make me build more muscle. I do not know what I want to do however, Do I want to stay at my current physique or do I want to get bigger. I have a big frame I think, so when I build muscle I look like a tank, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing now, because I only really work out for my body to feel good and for chicks to adore me. Chicks apparently don't adore huge hulking dudes that accidentally crush them in an attempt to hug.

Ah the choices :(
no offense, but i don't like it when people make it sound like getting big is easy. espc big enough for chicks not to like you anymore. its a huge commitment, and people (espc chicks) have a habit of making it sound easy. soz for the rant, but its something of a pet peeve.

@LM: want bigger veins? just take some arginine. works like magic. for a couple of hours anyway :p

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Irrelevant to working out, but did anyone see Barry Bonds yesterday? Holy crap is he skinnier than ever. I don't know if it's cause he's off the juice or what, but dang...

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have a good workout program just to increase strength, without bulking up too much?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The pushup/pull up thing I linked a while back seemed like a good strength exercise. You should also look up the trainers Mark Rippetoe and Bill Star. Both have strength routines that are pretty famous.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Low rep high weight is good for strength, might bulk up though...

So I suggest 6 for reps of something in sets of 3 for strength

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Bring on week 2.

I am starting to love looking in the mirror while doing certain sets.

Look at those veins pop!
@LM: want bigger veins? just take some arginine. works like magic. for a couple of hours anyway :p
lol this is like the one area where for once I don't need any help. My veins stick out even when I'm not doing anything. It's kind of gross. I tell people it's because I'm taking steroids. :D

Attila_

BRoomer
i almost dropped a 45kg barbell on my face while doing turkish getups today. my other hand managed to push it out of the way when i dropping it, so it just bumped my cheekbone as it went past. *phew*

Pikaville

Thank god for that man!

Good to hear your ok.

and Chill I'm the same, my veins just pop out when I'm doing anything.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
You know something? Getting sick is one of the worst things to happen when trying to lose weight. It's so annoying when you're on a roll with fitness untill--wham, you're stuck in bed not caring how many saturated fats you're consuming. Oh well, a bump in the road only makes one tougher I guess.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You eat unhealthy when sick? Hm...total opposite for me x_x...If we're talking about flu or bad cold, all I do is spam OJ, and eat healthier than ever.

Pikaville

OJ is the best thing for when you have a cold too.

Gets a ton of Vitamin C into you.

One you start drinking a carton of it you just can't stop.

Attila_

BRoomer
yeah i don't eat much when i'm sick. it makes sense; less exercise and therefore a slower metabolism. i had the flu a months back and dropped 2 kgs in a week O_O

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Honestly, if I was sick and ate unhealthy...I'd feel more sick >_>...I don't know if it's the thought of just digesting greasy bad food while sick, or maybe it's just plain bad for you in general.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
I find knowing the science on these kind of things really helps with building muscle and turning into a machine. Just little things like having a high zinc intake, eating foods known to increase T levels (like oysters), getting enough fat, avoiding soy, and other things. These days it really isn't that hard to find out this kind of information, and the more you learn, the better feel you get on the "tao" of the human body (couldn't think of a better word. =/)

just little things like this: http://www.ergo-log.com/onionjuice.html (which is a good website)
even if it isn't about humans, its still food for thought that could be connected with other ideas.

You know something? Getting sick is one of the worst things to happen when trying to lose weight. It's so annoying when you're on a roll with fitness untill--wham, you're stuck in bed not caring how many saturated fats you're consuming. Oh well, a bump in the road only makes one tougher I guess.
On the bright side, the higher body temp (if you have a fever) raises your metabolism quite a bit lol.

Oh yeah, I guess I could join the list. My goals are to pretty much.. get more muscular, have higher T levels, and... get more endurance so I can last more than 30 seconds while practicing bboying? (insert million subgenres of bboying goals here)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
nooooooooooooooooooo! I'm sick, you guys jinxed me! :mad:

I hope I get over it quickly because I'm supposed to work out tomorrow. I might do it anyways and gross everybody out. :D

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
:<

I'm getting paranoid about getting sick. It's fall and as soon as a single bacteria touches someone across campus, the closed environment guarantees I'll catch it within the hour. It might ruin all my progress plateauing!

Seriously. I've been at 145 lbs for a month. I'm 5 pounds away from my goal. Any tricks or tips for gaining you guys have? Vitamins? Eating a ton before sleeping? The five small meals a day thing?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Spent almost 3 hours at the gym today. A number of factors attributed to this, including more free time, spring and an upcoming date

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Obviously: getting sexier.

Imagine how sexy he'd look after 10 consecutive hours.

Or 20.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
nooooooooooooooooooo! I'm sick, you guys jinxed me! :mad:

I hope I get over it quickly because I'm supposed to work out tomorrow. I might do it anyways and gross everybody out. :D
XD Woah, sorry man. Hope you get better soon.

Yeah, lately I've been washing my hands like crazy and keeping minimal contact with anyone who looks sick, haha. I hate how when I get sick, it lasts a looong time for me.

Anyways! Now that winter is coming around, for those of us who doesn't go to gyms, what kind stuff do you do to stay fit during the freezing weather? I know I've had trouble with this in the past--[lose weight during the summer and gain it back during the winter]--but I'm hoping/sure to fix that this time.
...As I sit here and think about it, I may have asked this question before, but I don't remember.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
I've actually been sick for the past 3 days. Grrr!

When I had pneumonia for 1.5 weeks last year I lost SOOO much weight and I looked like a zombie toward the end :p.

As for you gigas, floor exercises should come in handy. Do you have access to dumbbells by the way? They're usually pretty darn cheap and can get you most of your workouts. I also blast music indoors to keep myself motivated :p.

Oh and... I still run outside in the freezing weather. I just bundle up and go.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
All this talk of sick kinda makes me regret skipping out on the flu shot on campus >_>...

I wish I had a camera here to note how much I've come along since I stopped fasting. I feel like I have gotten bigger (despite only adding 3 lbs after a month). I don't wanna say my body is adapting faster than usual...but it does seem like it considering how I was dumbbell pressing 27.5 to start, and now I'm at 35.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
XD Woah, sorry man. Hope you get better soon.

Yeah, lately I've been washing my hands like crazy and keeping minimal contact with anyone who looks sick, haha. I hate how when I get sick, it lasts a looong time for me.
I'm pretty fortunate I guess, I get over it quickly. For the past few years I've only been sick one day each year, typically in March. I didn't get sick this march so I guess I was overdue.I had a massive headache, a bad cough and mucus dripping everywhere. I took some vitamin c went to sleep and woke up feeling fine.Hopefully I won't get sick again but it's good to know that I can still recover from it in such a short period of time.

As for staying fit in the winter, just keep working out and play winter sports. I snowboard and ski, I don't think skiing does much for you but I know that whenever I go snowboarding I feel it in my legs and lower abs.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
What were you doing 3 hours at the gym? O_o That's generally way too much time to be spending there.
It is, as my usual gym visits are about an hour at most, but it's been a while since I shocked my body -- (although the last time I shocked by body I ****ed my calf muscle) and suprising your body is a really good way to size up once your body gets too used to your routines. It's not 3 hours of pure wieghts either, it was a 50/50 split of cardio and weight training.

Obviously: getting sexier.

Imagine how sexy he'd look after 10 consecutive hours.

Or 20.
Probably'd be in hospital, LOL

He's from Melbourne, He probably has an Accent.

Chicks dig accents.

he's probably going on a date with a melbourne chick
I have a disappointly thin Australian Accent, although it still earns points with the American crowd. It's close to a 50/50 split of Aussie/American accent.

i squeed my pants...
Bawwww~! <3

theeboredone

Smash Legend
**** that sucks. Reminds me of my friend who separated his shoulder pretty badly. He had to go through a lot of physical therapy to just get the motions back in order. He's fine now, but...man that stuff took a long while for him.

Top Bottom