• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, I'm relieved to hear that, how did you know about this anyway? Is this how previous seasons of Survivor have been?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Corrine on cbs.com:
"It's exactly how it was in High School, right, there's the cool, popular, intelligent kids, which would be me and my friends... and then there's the mutant losers, and that would be these people."

Words cannot describe how much I loathe you, Corrine. These "losers" just beat you.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
btw was anyone else dissapointed about how corrine acted tribal council this episode?
she said that she would be NASTY in tribal council and turn around and show them all that she had the guts to tell them that she hated them to their in face indeed!
....but she didn't >.>
I expected something dramatic/funny/epic to happen. Like last tribal council. Instead she just walks away like a nice little girl.

Corrine fails as a ***** (sounds like itch). She's just an unintelligent thrash talker with a superiority complex.

A few pages back I said "why does corrine act like she's a smart ***** when she's a stupid *****?" (again, sounds like itch)... I retract that statement, she's not even a *****. She's just stupid, period.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Corrine on cbs.com:
"It's exactly how it was in High School, right, there's the cool, popular, intelligent kids, which would be me and my friends... and then there's the mutant losers, and that would be these people."

Words cannot describe how much I loathe you, Corrine. These "losers" just beat you.
She throws in "attractive" as a positive adjective too in a ponderosa vid.

It's ironic that these "good guys" who wanted to play the game with integrity and honor are the truly shallow and pathetic ones.

OmegaXXII

Here's who should be in the top 3:

Ken
Matty
Crystal

I would say Sugar should be up there but I just like Matty that much more, he's awesome. Bob is cool and all but is a threat to Ken who is trying to get rid of him, Susie meh.....

I just so ****ing happy that Corrine was voted out last night, she talks like she a *****, yet she didn't do anything dramatic last night, such a faker.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Guys, I just realized....
why the **** did ken vote matty, his plan would've worked anyway :psycho:
why? cuz it would've been 5-2 matty-corrine. so if the immunity idol was real matty would've still gone
so... voting matty was 100% pointless
>.> wtf?!??!..
ken is stupid :(

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
That was the biggest mistake Ken did so far. He could of waited til Bob got voted off first, then vote off Matty next since they are both high threat targets. He should of voted Corinne and stay true with his alliance for at least 2 more episodes.
I'm pretty sure if Bob doesn't win immunity next episode, Matty might be going home.

infomon

Smash Scientist
why? cuz it would've been 5-2 matty-corrine. so if the immunity idol was real matty would've still gone
>.> wtf?!??!..
The episode made no sense to me, because of this. The whole fake idol plan.... I don't get it. There must be something they're not showing us.

Bob and Corinne tell Ken that they have an idol. If they had an idol, why would they need Ken and Crystal on their side? They could've just played the idol and voted Matty out, then they'd be in an okay spot to recruit someone. Unless they wanted to save their odol, which means they'd need both Ken and Crystal to vote Matty -- I assume this is what they told Ken. In which case, Ken would have needed Crystal to vote Matty as well, instead of Corinne.

If Ken wanted to flush the idol, he would've needed to convince Corinne that she's still in danger enough that she'd play it, even though Crystal would be set to vote Matty. But that didn't happen, since Ken actually told Crystal to vote Corinne.

So if Ken really knew that the idol might be fake, the best course of action would be for him to convince Corinne she's in danger enough that she should play the idol if it's real, but Ken and Crystal would still vote Corinne; a real idol would be flushed and Matty would still go home, whereas a fake idol means they're still on good terms with the old alliance.

KEN I don't understand what your plan ever was.......... :urg:

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
well, this is good. not going to bother looking my post up but i said ken should have talked to sugar and expand his really tight alliance past crystal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwRxrSLklxc

except he doesn't mention blindsiding matty or the ocean idol at all. i guess this was before the immunity challenge since they are still talking about voting bob out...

edit in an extra clip of crystal talking with her bf, she mentions that the first 9ish days were horrible, the rest have been a breeze...and that the next 8 days are going to be hard.

wonder how she knows how many days are left...well assuming next week's ep takes 3 days, the next two people are voted out on days 5 and 7, and then the f3 party or something on day 8...

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
OK, after reviewing the episode, I have some very frank comments.

Bob and Corinne are not playing the game.

Bob could not have been more stupid on the way back from Randy's tribal council. Ken even pointed this out in his secret interview. Why is Bob so upset about Randy's humiliation? Why did he feel it was necessary to express his anger? Randy is out. No amount of defending him will "make things better". Technically, Corinne made a valid point by stating that "we're not out here to make friends; we're out here to play the game" (though I'll address that statement in a bit). Bob is not playing the game. He is suffering through each tribal council not wanting anyone to go home. He understands that it is an unfortunate aspect of the game, but when it doesn't go the way he wants, he finally expresses disapproval. Given the way Randy acts, should anyone really be surprised that everyone mocked him on his way out? He's a tough kid; he can take it. Bob is letting too much of his hometown courtesies interfere with his judgment.

Now, Corinne claims to know how to play the game, but she has several false assumptions about this game. While the game does involve backstabbing, hurting people's feelings, etc. at the right times, Corinne has this crazy belief that she has to go out of her way to lie, hurt, etc. Bob and Marcus are both living proof that you don't have be two-faced every inch of the game. Granted, Marcus took it one step too far by inflicting his honesty upon Ken. The time would have come eventually where he needed to jump ship. Corinne relishes her role as a big jerk. She carried it too far. She would've been better off if she formed a few more positive relations. I suppose she did the right thing by aligning with Randy; at least she could be herself around him. Aside from that, she is not very smart for being a big bad college grad.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
pffft corinne has absolutely zero idea, she thinks she knows but really, it's like frequent movie go-ers saying they can act
Or smashers who think they're all big and bad because they watch pro smasher videos.

I really wanna know which season/episode of Survivor that Corinne watched that inspired her to devote so much energy to being a wench to everyone.

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
Or smashers who think they're all big and bad because they watch pro smasher videos.

I really wanna know which season/episode of Survivor that Corinne watched that inspired her to devote so much energy to being a wench to everyone.
wow couldn't have put it any better! buzz for my buzz!

Corinne is probably just a wench inrl, girls like that are everywhere, at least 2 per class.

OmegaXXII

Basically Corrine was taking big and claimed she was good at the game, yet she barely showed anything which is bad.

As for ken he really made a bad move by taking Corrine's plan into action and actaully sticking to it, it seems a feud might spurr out between matty and ken, which won't look good for Ken at all.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
The episode made no sense to me, because of this. The whole fake idol plan.... I don't get it. There must be something they're not showing us.
Yes. Very much yes.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/surviv...id=vbQ3C1azee8iMz6_ZXzTOWwexUa4tZ46&play=true
This just shows that it must've been the case even more. Ken said "I must get Bob to trust me". There was never anything about that in the show.
Also why'd he want that anyway? Cuz he thinks has an idol? Bob is the last member of his alliance left lol... >.>

Bob could not have been more stupid on the way back from Randy's tribal council. Ken even pointed this out in his secret interview. Why is Bob so upset about Randy's humiliation? Why did he feel it was necessary to express his anger? Randy is out. No amount of defending him will "make things better". Technically, Corinne made a valid point by stating that "we're not out here to make friends; we're out here to play the game" (though I'll address that statement in a bit). Bob is not playing the game. He is suffering through each tribal council not wanting anyone to go home. He understands that it is an unfortunate aspect of the game, but when it doesn't go the way he wants, he finally expresses disapproval. Given the way Randy acts, should anyone really be surprised that everyone mocked him on his way out? He's a tough kid; he can take it. Bob is letting too much of his hometown courtesies interfere with his judgment.

Now, Corinne claims to know how to play the game, but she has several false assumptions about this game. While the game does involve backstabbing, hurting people's feelings, etc. at the right times, Corinne has this crazy belief that she has to go out of her way to lie, hurt, etc. Bob and Marcus are both living proof that you don't have be two-faced every inch of the game. Granted, Marcus took it one step too far by inflicting his honesty upon Ken. The time would have come eventually where he needed to jump ship. Corinne relishes her role as a big jerk. She carried it too far. She would've been better off if she formed a few more positive relations. I suppose she did the right thing by aligning with Randy; at least she could be herself around him. Aside from that, she is not very smart for being a big bad college grad.
lol absolutely true.
The stupidest thing corrine did this show was to defend herself when Sugar attacked her. If she really WAS playing the game and acting nice to PLAY THE GAME she wouldn't have openly admitted in front of everyone >.> That's basically saying "dont trust me cuz I never speak the truth face to face".
Openly admitting it like that just to DEFEND her EGO is strategically ********.
She clearly just lacks the guts to say stuff to people's face's... but she just likes to think that she doesn't say stuff to people's faces for some reason (which clearly isnt the case), which just makes her behavior even more pathetic. She's embarrassing lmao.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

Bob could not have been more stupid on the way back from Randy's tribal council. Ken even pointed this out in his secret interview. Why is Bob so upset about Randy's humiliation?
It's worth noting that humiliating Randy probably severely hurt Bob's chances of getting a jury vote.

The problem with Bob is that he doesn't seem to think long-term. Each turn he's making the moves to keep him in the game just one turn longer, even when it means voting out an ally (Randy) WITHOUT entering a new alliance, weakening him long term.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
so... voting matty was 100% pointless
>.> wtf?!??!..
ken is stupid :(
this pretty much sums it up.
there's no ulterier motives or anything, KEN JUST MADE A MISTAKE.
there was probably a lot of crap running through his mind and he didn't realize it.

edit: As far as Bob being pissed at Sugar at the beginning of the ep: what did you expect, Bob? You said "I had no problem doing the thing" --that "thing" was INHERENTLY HUMILIATING, so I don't see why you have such a problem with people laughing at it. >_>

kr3wman

Smash Master
Ken : I just did so I could get in Bob's good side and we can blindside him easier.
Matty : Oh ok. Friends?
Ken : Friends.

And they lived happily until the next episode.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
If she really WAS playing the game and acting nice to PLAY THE GAME she wouldn't have openly admitted in front of everyone >.> That's basically saying "dont trust me cuz I never speak the truth face to face".
Openly admitting it like that just to DEFEND her EGO is strategically ********.
She clearly just lacks the guts to say stuff to people's face's... but she just likes to think that she doesn't say stuff to people's faces for some reason (which clearly isnt the case), which just makes her behavior even more pathetic. She's embarrassing lmao.
Exactly. She has no tact whatsoever. I can't believe that she honestly thinks that lying to everyone is an inherent part of the game. If the situation arises, of course, I would lie too. Corinne just likes to lie for fun.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Yeah, i think im offically going on the stance of Ken gets 5th. Why?
Bob obviously goes next. Tellinng by the preview for the next episode, Sugar doesnt like Ken or Crystal. Matty has the biggest chance of pulling immunity, so then Ken would have to convince Matty/Sugar to vote of Susie, which doesnt seem likely since they like her better and shes not pulling any jury votes anyways. If Matty nor Ken win, i think Sugar could give her idol to matty, nullifying his votes(since they would vote for him over her) and he goes. His best sht is winning immunity, but then Crystal goes and poof goes his ally, then he'd have to win immunity again(although final immunity is almost always a balance /endurance challenge, which he may do well in.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
EDIT POST 6000 I AM BEAST

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ken : I just did so I could get in Bob's good side and we can blindside him easier.
Matty : Oh ok. Friends?
Ken : Friends.

And they lived happily until the next episode.
this could actually work. ken could say that crystal and he had agreed to split and make the vote 4 corinne and 3 matty, so matty was never in danger of going home, unless corinne had the idol. i don't think matty knows the whole fake idol deal, so matty might believe it.

idk if ken is smart enough to say that though. :\

and sugar seems to be closer to ken and crystal than susie and matty. she may still decide to stick with ken because she's pretty safe (II hax) and could have an even better chance at 1st instead of 2nd, depending on if ken pisses others off. matty and susie seem pretty benign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom