• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neenja13

Smash Cadet
Ken tried using his "Mindgame" mentality in the real life. He's a snake and I'm actually happy his true disgusting colors are actually coming out now.

He's not going to win. They're going to figure that out soon enough. He won't even make it to the final 3. You can't keep tricking your way to the top. This isn't Melee. You can't exploit glitches or whatever phrase people use these days. You need to play on the same grounds as everyone else. Hopefully this will be a good life lesson for him.

if you watch survivor alot then you would know that this is how it works. if you dont like the way kenny and tons of players every play the game then dont watch it.

But the big mistake he made was when he said vote 4 for matty and 3 for corinne, so that they flush the idol out and matty is gone. Well if he votes 5 for corinne and lets bob and corinne do what they were going to do, then either way it's the same result, but Kenny dosen't get his alliance mad at him.

Neenja13

Smash Cadet
besides from the voting mistake Kenny made, he has made this one of the best survivors yet.

Umpadumpalump

Smash Apprentice
Actually eliminating Corinne wasn't too bad since Bob no longer has a partner in crime. I don't think Matty is as strong as a player as they make him out to be, and I think they underestimate Krystal(sp?) a lot.

Neenja13

Smash Cadet
By doing what not many people have been able to do. And when i say this, i'm talking about when he and crystal got susie to switch aliances, and destroying the once big alliance, where kenny's took its place.

The good thing about this, is in susies old alliance she was like the least favorite, and when the smaller alliances try to persuade someone like susie in any season, they rarely swap, but Kenny and Crystal got her to.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
This whole time you've been saying "kenny will fall, he's getting too cocky, it's going to happen." Now, all of a sudden, when it's clear he should probably fall, you're saying...nothing about that anymore?!

Kenny will fall next week. Count it. It's just too convenient that he's not mentioning it now.
Unfortunate, if kenny hadn't fallen for that stupid trick, he could have gone all the way. I would have liked to see him win.
If you pay attention to his blog regularly, this might frighten you...
(Its been so long since I've posted here, do people still remember me?)

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
If you pay attention to his blog regularly, this might frighten you...
(Its been so long since I've posted here, do people still remember me?)
On the other hand, the fact that the editing is focusing on making it look like Kenny's going down next week might mean just the opposite.

And if we go by the blurry images...Ken should be ok.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
I think you guys are overestimating the flaw in kens vote. By voting matty he can easily guilt bob in to sticking with him. This gives him a reliable three man base of him, bob and crystal. Thats enough that they can't get majority against him. Also, we have sugar who may be willing to vote with him as well as susie who is less likely but we don't really know as we never see anything from her. I think ken at least knows what he's doing.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I think you guys are overestimating the flaw in kens vote. By voting matty he can easily guilt bob in to sticking with him. This gives him a reliable three man base of him, bob and crystal. Thats enough that they can't get majority against him. Also, we have sugar who may be willing to vote with him as well as susie who is less likely but we don't really know as we never see anything from her. I think ken at least knows what he's doing.
Taking Bob with him to final three is suicide.

infernovia

Smash Ace
Ken is an interesting quandry. He needs to start mindgaming more, he is making the same mistake Matty made. And that is, not making sure the bottom of the chain are comfortable with the alliance.

Also, survivor fails. Those beads looked plastic.

Oh and bob was awesome this episode. It would be awesome if we saw kenny v. bob (before finale, that would be auto lose).

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Except Bob is also the most likely to win immunity.
He can also try to get bob out at final 5 although that leaves room for the girls to realize that he would beat them all in a jury vote. Its risky but he's in a very winnable position.

blaaa

Smash Cadet
from http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/200...ff+Probst+blogs+'Survivor:+Gabon'+(episode+12)
Kenny the master manipulator is at it again. Spreading lies and making up stories like any good potential Survivor winner must do! Bravo Kenny. You are really playing this game and I love it. Side note: When I first met Kenny in casting I told him he could not win this game. yes I am ready to admit I was wrong if he does.(this is good prob) I will say it loud and I will say it at the live finale. I'm not proud. (yay)I also told Marcus he couldn't win....

XD do you think that's good or bad?

and Next week on...Survivor. A new agreement could completely change the game....if only you could trust these people to keep their word..... the end of the Survivor: Gabon finale on Dec. 14th

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
hey guys look, more proof how ******** and non-strategic corrine is :laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1VlhlnRw84&fmt=18
She can't admit that voting out Dan instead of Susie wasn't a mistake, and she claims that her mistake was that she voted out sugar instead of paloma in their first tribal council

First of all, not voting off susie (and/or not voting for her at all, to minimize the risk of her flipping) was CLEARLY and BY FAR the biggest mistake the Onion alliance did. I shouldn't even have to go through why, it's obvious.

Second, what would be the huge strategic advantage in voting out sugar instead of Paloma? It might've really changed things since Sugar has been such a key player, but blaming the onions down-fall on that.... :psycho:
It's obvious that she wished she voted her out for personal "I HATE SUGAR" reasons.

Another funny thing is that if Randy and Corrine hadn't been such horrible *******s, Susie would've been MUCH less likely to flip. AND Sugar would've probably not voted out Charlie that time (she was the deciding vote), she liked charlie and said she only voted him out because he chose the wrong allies.

Corrine's *****y acting was the biggest strategic mistake she ever did, lol.

Conclusion: Corrine player a huge role in the 3 most deciding factors in the onions downfall, and she's to stupid to realize it :laugh: She even claims she was a "rational, strategic player". All of her decisions in who to vote out where based on her feelings about those people. I'd even say she's the least strategic player that made it this far (yes, even less strategic then susie and sugar)

Here's even more :laugh: interview with corrine:
http://survivorsucks.com/topic/42632/t/Castaway-Interview-Corinne-Kaplan.html
And I thought marcus was a self-rigteous johnner, holy ****
. Not only is she stupid, racist (read the interview) and has a superiority complex... she's also more of a scrub then freakin Marcus

And half of the interview is about how much she hates sugar... Corrine probably is jealous over how Sugar didn't have to spend money on a plastic surgery to get nicer **** then her, lol. Or how she proved that she had more guts then corrine? Or that she proved to be much smarter then corrine thought? or all of it? Either way, she's obviously jealous, otherwise she wouldn't be so obsessed.
What a pathetic person corrine is ugh

edit: btw, the reason she likes ken is b/c he didn't vote for her. It's not because he's smart or because he's playing a good game. She makes it very clear in that interview that she likes people who does what she wants, and dislikes people who don't. (Read what she said about matty in the interview)
She acts as if she has good reason to dislike people she does, but she doesn't. She probably thinks so aswell, after all she is very stupid.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
the end of the Survivor: Gabon finale on Dec. 14th
This confuses me... After next week's episode, there will be 5 people remaining. Does the finale cover so much that they knock out 2 people AND vote for the winner? Is it a 3-hour episode or something? O_o

Unseen_Killa

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so I think here would be the best place to post my dream. I had a dream I was on a reality type show with around 15 contestants probably, three of them being my brother, my mom, and myself. Others were random people from Survivor Gabon, the only that I remember being Ken, Krystal, and someone else (Bob I think). Anyways, the host was like an evil magician I think, but I don't rememer much about it. We lived in like an underground cave near lava I think. The magician/host like, made us float/fly there. The only thing I remember him saying was something about Ken going on a second Survivor like show so quickly.

Anyways, Ken was actually a little buff in this dream, and I could see him working out a few times in it. I was strategizing with my brother about how he could be a good ally, but he's okay with lying to you if its strategic (which is true kind of). I also told my brother how our family has to stick together and how because of that we have three times a higher chance to win then anyone else, but that we couldn't give away our identities. I also told him that Krystal IS a really good ally if we can get her on board.

That's all I remember for now XD. ****ing weird right?

MajorasMask999

Smash Apprentice
This confuses me... After next week's episode, there will be 5 people remaining. Does the finale cover so much that they knock out 2 people AND vote for the winner? Is it a 3-hour episode or something? O_o
There are generally 14 episodes each season.

The final episode is aired on Sunday and happens when there are 4/5 left. It starts at 8:00 and is a two hour episode. After that episode the live reunion starts and lasts one hour. So technically it will be two hours, but the whole thing will last three hours.

5ive

Smash Champion
I am aware of that,
but in Real time, that would only be about 2 or 3 days before the last tribal council.

And it shows Sugars opinion on being loyal to Kenny.
Maybe she will stay with Kenny, as she makes it clear she has a better chance with them.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
This is from the RTVW interview:

Reality TV World: Do you have any idea why Kenny felt the need to give Matty a third vote in order for his plan to work? Wouldn't Matty have still gone home [for being] the second highest vote-getter even if only Bob and yourself had voted for him?

Corinne: Right. Well I think Kenny wanted to show his support so that if Matty went home I would believe he was with me, and I wouldn't think the same of Crystal. So if there was a Final 3 it would've been me, Bob and Kenny [instead of] me, Bob and Crystal.

I would assume that's why he did it, but I have no idea, I don't speak to him.
Corinne didn't speak to Ken again after this episode?
Makes it likely Ken isn't going to Ponderosa and is in fact in the final three, eh? At worst, he's probably last to be voted out.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Interview with Corrine: http://realitytvworld.com/news/excl...hes-about-her-time-on-survivor-gabon-8112.php

Reality TV World: On last night's show, there was a clip were you were shown saying how incompetent the remaining former Fang members were. Given they'd already managed to beat your entire alliance by that point, how was that comment not more of an indictment of your own performance than theirs?

Corinne: Well, one thing I'd like to clarify is my alliance includes Bob, so they haven't beaten my alliance yet. And, truthfully, there's only one person that beats me. There are 18 people in this game, and there are 17 losers. So, I'm on the jury, there are four people on the jury already [and] the first three are my best friends. I will decide who gets the million [dollars], so take that for what it's worth.

I don't think... I mean, in your opinion, do you think if all those twists didn't happen that we would not have dominated?

Reality TV World: I think you guys definitely had it [going] up front in the beginning...

Corinne: (interrupting) Yeah, so the game was luck and chance! I don't give them credit for that.
Reality TV World: So you attribute it more to luck and things like that...

Corinne: Well I think... You know, listen... That's really cute. If I got seventh place and you got sixth place, mazel tov. But I mean, really did you win? I stayed 33 out of 39 days. Anyone who stayed the extra couple of days, I really don't think that makes you -- unless you win the $1 million -- I just really don't think that makes you some sort of rocket scientist compared to me.
:laugh::laugh::laugh: I can't stop laughing at all of her scrubby johns :laugh: this is just pathetic

edit: corrine's ******** scrubdom aside, the interview reveals some stuff about the idol and what kenny & crystal where thinking:
Reality TV World: Yeah, and going off of that, what was [Kenny's] explanation about why [if he and Crystal were going to be voting for Matty] he felt you needed to play the fake idol?

Corinne: Well he just said "You have to play it. You should play it. I don't know if [Crystal Cox] is definitely gonna switch and I'm scared that if I vote for you than I'm gonna put myself at risk. Please just play the idol." And you have to understand, an idol's only good through Day 36, so even if I kept it I only would've had it for one more round even it if was real.

I said to [Kenny] "Don't worry, I'm playing it no matter what, so just try and get Crystal," because I couldn't seem paranoid that I needed Crystal to vote with me, that doesn't make any sense. What I said to [Kenny] was "for solidarity purposes..." and I said this to her, "... if you vote with me, I know you're with me. If you vote against me, and I stay, I'm gonna take out one of yours, I'll take you next."

Reality TV World: So you told them you were going to play the Idol?

Corinne: I said "No matter what I'm playing this idol." (pauses) Apparently it wasn't believable.
...So this means Crystal did expect the idol to be fake, whereas ken thought it was real? interesting stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom