• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenflame88

Smash Cadet
Ken + Susie + Crystal + Sugar = FTW!!!

Even though I hate Randy, what he says about Matty being on the outs in the final 4, it's true and with Sugar's idol, she'll (hopefully) make the final four!

XD

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
Since I'll want Ken to win this, I think it would be better if Matty got out before the top 3 or 4 because if the threat is physical he might win and they can't vote him out, so Ken has more chance of being backstabbed. Also, since out of the Fang people left, Ken and Matty obviously played better than the others. (and are less hated.)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Having been a longtime Survivor fan, things have been looking quite good lately for a Ken win. I mean....obviously Randy or Corinne or Crystal aren't going to win because they've all been portrayed as waay too negative (not even Brian Heidik and Amber Brkich Mariano were portrayed as close to that negative), and Bob and Susie are too UTR, leaving Ken, Matty, or Sugar as the 3 most likely cases for a winner. And no folks, that's not from spoilers or those Probst interviews that almost seem to spoil things, this is just going off of the episodes, insider clips, and commercials. Well, that and having seen all of the 16 previous seasons. :)

I don't know what's going to happen this week (nor do I want to know until I see it unfold as the episode goes on), but I DO know I just want Corinne gone, and I can see it happening soon.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLkY4KhQ4wQ&feature=related

Im pretty sure the reward challenge is an auction...it shows the mallet Jeff uses when something is sold... But I get the feeling that there are family members involved too...It also shows bits of the immunity challenge...
My Dish Network had this weeks Survivor episode entitled, "Nothing Tastes Better Than 500 Dollars". I can confirm that there is an auction this round.

Hey, next week can be the reuniting of family members, seing as Randy will be eliminated, there's no problem to find him a freind (kind of sad)...

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm going to assume you're just guessing that Randy goes home and that you're not basing it off of some spoiler. Because I can't stand Survivor spoilers and if you just spoiled the episode.....I'll up-tilt you to Alaska. :laugh:

Sharky

Smash Master
Darth Vader is Luke's Father

But seriously, if Randy doesn't go home this week, I'll eat my hat, and I really like my hat. >.>

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
It's really obvious that Randy goes home next, he has no hope left unless something game-breaking happens. Ken and Crystal both will only vote for people from the "Kota 6", but not for Suzie or Sugar because they've swayed them. Sugar hates Randy and already said she wants him gone, and since Ken and Crystal want to keep Sugar on their side (which apparently isn't easy), then they will vote for Randy along with Sugar. Suzie will play along just like she did against Charlie because she knows the "Kota 6" can't really help her, so there's 4 votes for Randy already. 4 votes left, and I doubt it would take much convincing to get Bob to vote Randy off. Game over for Randy.

Nothing to do with spoilers.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well yeah, I know it seems obvious, it's just there was this one season where someone randomly posted a list of the first 10 boots and who the winner was, so I've been kinda paranoid of spoilers since.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I LOL at the "fire challenge was rigged" johns a few pages back
I'm not even a fan of Bob. I have no motivation to just randomly support him. I say the game was rigged because he was easily the most qualified person there to start a fire. He never even had flames going! I am sorry, but if the game took over an hour long, someone would have made more progress. It was a silly challenge.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'd just like to point out that sometimes fire challenges don't go as well as you think. A couple of years back they had one between 2 people on day 37 or 38 and it took around 2 hours to do, and they gave them matches an hour in. Hell, one of the chicks ran out of matches and the other chick won with like...2 matches left. So just because someone SHOULD be able to make fire doesn't mean they CAN.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I won't go as far as to say the game was rigged, but there was definitely something wrong. I was positive that it would either be Bob or Ken that would light that flame.

The flint had something to do with it. It wasn't a rig, but it definitely wasn't equal.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm not accusing anyone on the production crew of cheating; I just feel that the game seemed to lack any real amount of skill. I'm proud of Suzie and all. She has received more flack than she deserves and needs some protection for once. The game just seemed... not right. :p

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, to be fair Susie seems to be the type who would spend the most time on the fire, but then again so does Bob, and Sugar looks like she wouldn't spend much time making fire at all, so...

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I agree, not to be finicky or anything, but I really found it odd that Bob wasn't the first to light the fire. It really seemed like something Bob would win at.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I agree, not to be finicky or anything, but I really found it odd that Bob wasn't the first to light the fire. It really seemed like something Bob would win at.
Agreed. I just felt that Bob should have, at the very least, had a flame going as Suzie was winning.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
There's no use worrying too much about it. When Bob lost the math puzzle, we were all like "yeayuuuhzz" even though clearly, Bob should have won that challenge as well.

It seems like he doesn't do well under pressure, considering how fantastic he is at camp and at exile island.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
When I heard "Fire Challenge", first thing I thought, Bob was going to win it within a second, that guy's all boy scout status... so yeah =/

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Very true. I remember making that observation during Ken's victory. Bob is probably "smarter" overall, but years of smash tournaments over-clocked Ken's brain. :D

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I suppose in contrast to what's been said, Bob was kind of blindly banging on the flint hoping for bigger sparks. You'd think he'd try a new approach after a while.

Johnny B

Smash Rookie
I would like it to happen like this: Randy wins individual immunity. Then Bob tells him, "I have a great idea. You give Corinne the individual immunity at tribal council, and I'll give you HIDDEN immunity right now. Then you, Corinne, and I can vote for Crystal, and everyone else will vote for you, but their votes won't count once you play the hidden idol. In the meantime, act like a nutcase for a few days so that the bestowing of immunity on Corinne looks more believable." But secretly, Bob has explained this entire plan and the fake-ness of the idol to the Fang alliance to be on the inside with them (or maybe he doesn't tell anyone, to ensure that there's NO chance that Randy would find out he's being duped). This would make for a grand episode.

Why might this happen?

Bob would do this so that he can get in the good graces of the Fang alliance, and because he wants to see his fake idol royally dupe someone. Also, this is the only way to get rid of Randy if he has won individual immunity.
Randy would do this because he wants Crystal gone, and he fears that Corinne would be voted off otherwise.
Corinne would do this because she gets individual immunity. Also, remember her quote from the preview: "We have to get this right. If we get this right, the whole game will change."
The remaining five would do this because it is the only way to get rid of Randy.
Jeff Probst would do this because it would make for one of the best episodes of the season--someone with individual immunity going home. No hype. Just truth.

Why won't this happen?

Besides being too good to be true, it doesn't account for the fact that Randy and Corinne are trying to convince Matty to vote against Crystal or Kenny. Of course, that could have happened before Randy wins individual immunity.
Bob doesn't seem that proactive.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
It is not too good to be true. I refer you to Erik from last season. He had individual immunity and was voted off. He didn't even have a fake immunity idol. He just... gave it away. :)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
It is not too good to be true. I refer you to Erik from last season. He had individual immunity and was voted off. He didn't even have a fake immunity idol. He just... gave it away. :)
That was so legendary. What an idiot. I couldn't imagine anyone doing that in this season though, to be honest with you. I'm sure Sugar might have if Ace was still in the game.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Given the rapid decrease of sanity around camp, I'd say it is very possible. Not only is Randy losing his mind, he would have an immunity idol to make him feel safe. He would give away immunity to Corinne, making himself a target, and then be voted off after Jeff reveals that the idol doesn't work. Will it really happen? Only time will tell. Jeff keeps saying how epic this episode will be. I'm sure we are in for a big surprise.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Yeah, I watched that one and I was laughing so hard throughout the whole time. Their faces were so priceless.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Come to think of it, has anything good ever come of giving away individual immunity (not the hidden idol)? Even if I was not a big target, handing my immunity off to a target would make me into a target. It's like stepping into the path of a rocket about to hit my friend. It's a funny little rule (allowing players to give immunity away) that has only seemed to lead to crazy moments that the production crew just loves.

Cyntalan Maelstrom

Smash Ace
NNID
Cyntalan
3DS FC
4227-1428-3954
That was most definitely the dumbest moment in the show by far. And it was done by the FAN.

My only guess is the guy wasn't thinking straight via hunger or something. I don't see how he could've been that dumb.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well,there was one time when someone gave away individual immunity (it was on season 7, the one with Johnny Fairplay and Rupert, who was the recipient of said immunity) in order to gain trust with someone and because oh him already being immune that round as a result of a twist.

Edit: And regarding the Erik thing, the guy had a bunch of girls that he thought he got along well with (especially Amanda and Natalie) saying he was a lying piece of crap that they didn't want to be friends with after the show, and well, he really wanted to be friends with them after. Plus, in some weird way, he thought that giving the necklace away would redeem him in the eyes of the jury. Why he felt he needed redemption for playing the game, I have no idea.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
If I can find a reliable place to watch them, I want to catch up on the seasons in Cook Islands, China, and maybe Fiji.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Catch up on China for sure, that season's really good. Cook Islands is...okay, but it's nowhere near the "uber good" season that Probst makes it out to be. And Fiji.....well, that's just the worst season EVER. Really, it's just difficult to get through, it even was difficult to watch when it was airing. Don't waste your time (or money if you use iOffer and happen to find all the seasons and foreign ones there) on it.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Hmm. Good call. OK, no Fiji. I've seen clips of Cook Islands. I wanna see Jonathan from his first attempt. It made me sad when he had to leave Micronesia due to injury.

I really cannot wait for the reunion episode of the current season. Ken made it really far. Even if he were voted off this upcoming Thursday, I'm interested to see everyone comment on this "weak little video gamer".

L2theZ

Smash Cadet
There was a lot of talk about the fake immunity idol being played. One was actually played last season, and here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1E0nDmDKJw

It's even better, because while Bob's fake idol looks legit, this fake idol is nothing but a stick with a smiley face on it. The comment Ozzy makes to Jeff is also very funny.

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
imo, micronesia was the best by far UNTIL they blindsided/mind-f'ed erik and jason... was pretty annoying to have 4 girls left at the end... Doesnt help that I was also rooting for Erik all the way through and felt soooo pissed off at how he got mindcontrolled.

Just watching the clip of Joel dragging Chet around like a doll and making him flip over and knock his head... and ozzy... and james... the fake immunity idol... geez what a season.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
This is sort of not-on-the-current-topic, but if I make a new thread it'll get closed so here goes:
Am I the only one who hate(d) Marcus and Charlie? I've hated them since the beginning lol

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Id say yes with the exception of charlie marcus was okay but charlie was just too much
I'm the opposoite lol. Charlie seemed pretty nice, and he has respect for the way Ken was playing the game. I respect Charlie.

Marcus is a total douche, though. I seriously hate him. I'll cry if he gets fan favourite. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom