• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i saw marcus's ****

it was pretty unimpressive

also, i too recall jeff calling marcus arrogant. i've read a lot of stuff though, so idk where i got it from. try jeff's blog on www.ew.com, that might be it.

also, no way susie wins, she is way too under the radar. same with bob although he's facing really tough odds atm anyway. crystal is far too negative so she won't win either. same with randy/corrine although it looks like strategically they aren't going to win either. these assumptions are based on portrayals of past survivor winners and typical editing trends i've picked up from survivorsucks and such.

matty/sugar/ken are the only true contenders imo.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Regardless, I totally believe it. Marcus was incredibly arrogant. Honestly, telling Ken to his face that he plans on voting him out...? What kind of tact is that? "I've been completely honest so far, and you're a skinny little kid. I'm just letting you know that I deserve to keep playing; meanwhile, you are just not meant to continue. GG, Ken." I'm glad Crystal didn't budge on her alliance. Ken and Crystal stuck together and gave Marcus the boot.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
It's nice to see some serious discussion in this thread. Before, it was just loaded with smash puns, spam, and out-of-place gifs. Now, I don't feel lonely....

On that note, I want to do a little serious discussion C-C-C-Combo breaker!
"Sasquatch is Bigfoot, which is Crystal... which is also T-Rex." -Randy

Yeah, he's an arsehole, but maybe he had a bad history or tough life. We may know after the show, or on Wikipedia (when I'm not too lazy).

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738

Ken seems pretty close with Matty. Just sayin'
I had the same thought. :laugh: But it's nothing to dwell on.

I think we established the fact that Marcus was pretty arrogant.

I also think that Randy is going to stay. He seems somewhat... valuable.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Nah. Randy and Corinne are of equal value: zero. They are not real powerhouses when it comes challenges. They just whine around camp. They are always angry. The key to victory here is reducing the final two to players whom they both hate. Then they have to choose.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
That's what I mean, lol.

I'm pretty sure NO ONE likes Randy. Having him in the final two is like an insta-win.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
On a side note, I also think Corinne is frackin' ugly.

metaphysicist

Smash Cadet
I never saw any footage of Ken calling Charlie a homo, and that seems like something that would be kind of important. From what I saw, Ken voted Charlie off as revenge for blowing his cover on the immunity clue, and nothing more. And seriously... Randy told Charlie about it. I think I recall him saying in an interview "He's the first homo friend I've ever had." It just seems more like something to come from Randy.

metaphysicist

Smash Cadet
oh... lol I didn't know you were talking about watching them... lol my bad!
Yeah Jeff does a really good job. And there are most likely going to be three more seasons after this AT LEAST! And in the next three you can be 18 or older! I'm auditioning for Season 19 and 20! (If I don't make 19...)
What was the age limit before? I really think I would consider auditioning.

Edit: Sorry about that double post if that offends people here.

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
I never saw any footage of Ken calling Charlie a homo, and that seems like something that would be kind of important. From what I saw, Ken voted Charlie off as revenge for blowing his cover on the immunity clue, and nothing more. And seriously... Randy told Charlie about it. I think I recall him saying in an interview "He's the first homo friend I've ever had." It just seems more like something to come from Randy.
lol why would they show that on TV? That's the kind of stuff they would never put on air.

A lot happens off camera....

Matty and Sugar are the only 2 with ken that have a shot at making the final three and winning. So I would say they definitely are the bigger threats. I'd get on it ASAP once randy corinne and bob are gone. No need to boot crystal or susie. Those two cannot win.

Timbers

check me out
I never saw any footage of Ken calling Charlie a homo, and that seems like something that would be kind of important.
Um...obviously. Why would CBS deliberately edit footage to show a homophobic personality against another person that has never been in the same tribe as Ken? It's not important, it's rather unnecessary. Past seasons tend to censor a lot of talk on gay, as it's a fickle subject and overall an irrelevant element in this game. You can look at any past season and see that it's edited to avoid that sort of conflict. A good example of this is Jean-Robert on "China", who apparently had a very strong homophobic personality, yet we never seen an ounce of that aired. Micronesia as well, yet everyone hated Chet anyways so nobody cared.
It just seems more like something to come from Randy.
I'd agree, but he mixed not only Randy into that, but also Dan and Susie.

Not sure why this is such a big issue in the first place. If Ken doesn't like homosexuals then that's his decision and not ours to make for him. I can't believe this discussion has went on as long as it has.

And on that note, I think Ken has a very realistic position in top 4 right now. I'm not sure who those people will be, but the idea of Ken attempting to take out Matty seems depressingly possible. Physical threats are like, always the first to go. The only thing I think keeping Matty safe in top 4 is that Sugar poses a bigger threat with immunity. If she didn't have that I definitely think Ken would take her with him instead of Matty.

So on a theoretical standpoint, they get rid of

-randy
-sugar
-corinne
-bob

leaves Ken, Susie, Matty, Crystal. Of the remaining 8, I think Sugar is really the only one that would gun for Ken. Randy I think would be too hellbent on taking out Crystal or Susie to go after Ken, and if Randy's out it leaves original Kota helpless.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Marcus was incredibly arrogant but always acted nice and righteous. That's why I hated him so much.

More important matters: I really want to know if ken really did call charlie a homo.
If he did I'm seriously gonna stop rooting for him. I ****ing hate homophobes.
Right now I'm sort of hoping Randy made that up or something. But I really don't think that Dan and Susie would support that lie. This combined with him having to say "I'm not homophobic or anything" during voting in tribal council (watch the thing on cbs) makes it more like that he actually DID say it.

I don't mind if he said it if he didn't mean to be prejudice or anything with it tho. Maybe they where discussing the people in the other tribe, and someone said "I wonder if charlie's gay?" and Ken said something like"Yhea he's deffinetly a ***"(starts with f sounds like bag). Doesn't sound very nice but people throw that word around all the time without meaning anything.

Timbers

check me out
I really want to know if ken really did call charlie a homo.
If he did I'm seriously gonna stop rooting for him. I ****ing hate homophobes.
Right now I'm sort of hoping Randy made that up or something.
why care lol

he's still playing a good game regardless. I can't believe one word is all it takes for you to lose complete faith in him.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Even if he did say it, it might not be that he hates gays, it's just that he doesn't know any gay people so he's used to using it.

For example, you know the song "Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Moe, catch a Tiger by the toe"? Back in the day instead of Tiger it was N*****. People would say N***** because they didn't know any black people and were used to using those words, not because they had anything against black people.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Even if he did say it, it might not be that he hates gays, it's just that he doesn't know any gay people so he's used to using it.
This is true. I don't mind if he said it if he didn't mean to be prejudice or anything with it. Maybe they where discussing the people in the other tribe, and someone said "I wonder if charlie's gay?" and Ken said something like"Yhea he's deffinetly a ***"(starts with f sounds like bag). Doesn't sound very nice but people throw that word around all the time without meaning anything.
****, I've called a gay guys things like that without thinking about it :ohwell:

Also, I think that the hidden immunity idol could've been enough for ken to get a personal grudge against charlie. Look at how pissed off at Marcus he got lol.

idk tho, this might just be wishful thinking, i want confirmation >.>

Cyntalan Maelstrom

Smash Ace
NNID
Cyntalan
3DS FC
4227-1428-3954
yeah like when she kicked off ace by mistake and then cried about it.

Shes such a genius.
I'm tellin' ya, that ****'s an act. She one of the more intelligent people there. She's just a **** good actor. Being underestimated in this game is a big vantage point.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
stop being biased, the evidence suggests that Ken is homophobic.

Move on.
Hearsay from Randy (who hates almost everyone ever) does not qualify as "evidence". In all the post-show interviews, Charlie has not specifically qualified WHO told him WHAT. This combined with the fact that he was blindsided by Ken makes all these accusations kind of fishy.

Also, Ken's "I'm not a homophobe or anything..." at elimination is just him being extremely socially awkward.

greenblob

Smash Lord
And then he said it was "Homo", not "***"...
That was in the video. In the interview transcript, it was "***."

The fact that this isn't shown in the episodes could potentially be significant. I could mean...
1. They didn't get footage of it
2. They didn't think it was very important
3. It's not appropriate to show on TV
4. They're trying to portray Ken in a positive light

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
It apparently happened during a still early part of the show, when Randy and Susie joined Kota (right?) and at that point Ken wasn't featured prominently in the show.
I don't know why they wouldn't show it on TV or in an online video... it would certainly generate ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom