• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
LOL! Man, so much hostility! I was no fan of Marcus, but I didn't have this burning fiery hatred of him. He was a nice/smart guy. He just got caught up in being self-righteous at the wrong moment.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Marcus was a strong player, but he was pretty arrogant if you ask me. Just like Ace, he thought he had this whole game in the bag, then he ate a chaingrab at the last second then got F-smashed.

Ace was just unlucky, but Marcus was full of phail. He had some serious john issues, but I got no quarrels with him. He got too relaxed and got a big head.

Hopefully Ken won't be the same way. It's starting to feel like that. >_>

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I just added Jacquie Berg onto myspace.! :)
Hopefully she accepts the add, so I could get some inside information from her, cause I would like to join the show next season, so it would be useful to get tips from the people who already been through it. Plus, she is really hot! :love:

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I can respect Marcus' desire to play the game with the utmost integrity and honesty.

BUT

#1 He didn't entirely follow his own mantra.
#2 If you go into SURVIVOR with that attitude, don't expect to win.

edit: Actually I've never watched before. Can some of the longtime viewers let me know if this season has been especially heavy on the backstabbing/pettiness?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I just added Jacquie Berg onto myspace.! :)
Hopefully she accepts the add, so I could get some inside information from her, cause I would like to join the show next season, so it would be useful to get tips from the people who already been through it. Plus, she is really hot! :love:
Good luck with that. I personally never add complete strangers on my Facebook. Also, Season 18 has already been cast and is in the middle of filming. Aim for season 19. ;)

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
you guys are gonna make me puke with all the smash analogies

I can respect Marcus' desire to play the game with the utmost integrity and honesty.

BUT

#1 He didn't entirely follow his own mantra.
#2 If you go into SURVIVOR with that attitude, don't expect to win.

edit: Actually I've never watched before. Can some of the longtime viewers let me know if this season has been especially heavy on the backstabbing/pettiness?
so-so. Some season like micronesia were hardcore scheming and blindsiding...

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, with them shooting 2 seasons a year, they tend to start filming one as the other's airing. Normally, the people get to watch the first 7 (sometimes 8) episodes of the season before them. So that'd mean they'd probably see up until uh....the episode where Ace and Dan went I think. If anyone cares.

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
XD I can see Bob trading his idol for Sugar's. That would be hilarious. And what if the challenge was really to eat $500 dollars?

It's really anyone's game. It's at a point where anyone can switch sides to Onion Kota and have the majority.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Episode 10 Jeff Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r9ASDzlCek

Bob + Sugar idol manipulation? Ken and Matty not mentioned by Jeff at all...
Ohhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyy gawwwwwwwwwwwwwwd.

This does not seem fun.

Biggest question I have right now is who does this pay off "in a big way" the most for? I can only imagine it would be either one of the "singular" players (i.e. Sugar) or a leader (i.e. Ken). Since there isn't much of a "leader" of the Onion right now, I don't think it would be any of them...or at least, I hope. Possible people it could "pay off" for are Bob, Sugar, and Ken, but I wouldn't count out the Onions just yet.

I am absolutely terrified of the next episode now.

Randy loses the auction, that's the only spoiler we really get, lol.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Oh man, I am so stoked. This episode is going to be a game-breaker. O_O

greenflame88

Smash Cadet
OMG! What do Sugar and Bob talk about?!
WHERE THE HECK WAS KENNY!?
I hope Sugar kicks Corrine's ssA!
I hope Randy goes home! =[
Why were Matty, Susie, Crystal, and Kenny not even mentioned?!

I'M WORRIED!!!! =[

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
jeff does a good job of hyping you up for the next ep

or at least for me. sounds like the council will be huge!

greenflame88

Smash Cadet
oh... lol I didn't know you were talking about watching them... lol my bad!
Yeah Jeff does a really good job. And there are most likely going to be three more seasons after this AT LEAST! And in the next three you can be 18 or older! I'm auditioning for Season 19 and 20! (If I don't make 19...)

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Although I couldn't find the exact place where Jeff Probst wrote it (which I found last night on the Survivor Sucks spoiler section, there was a link in one thread, I think an old one with pre-season spoilers/info) I found this interview with him which asks him the question: "I’m sure you’ve read and heard about Jeff calling you subtlely arrogant. Do you think that is a fair assessment?" so that's probably enough proof.

Interview: http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/foru...s-i-immediately-changed-brands-underwear.html

Sony2.0

Smash Cadet
what episode did his ***** pop out? i never saw that ****, thats pretty ****ing embrassing

Sony2.0

Smash Cadet
lol wow i never saw it or heard about it weird, but lmao he probably did it on purpose for charlie

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Well I just want to put out a prediction so when it happens I can say I called it...

Final 5:
ken
Susie
Matty
Crystal
Sugar

Final 3:
Ken
Matty
Sugar

Top 5 is pretty basic. Nothing too game changing happens they just vote off the remaining kota. After this is when it gets interesting. The basic instinct is to say ken should stick with crystal and susie... they've been unwavering allies that ken can beat in a jury vote but I don't think thats right. At this point ken is actually the swing vote if he votes with sugar or matty there is less immediate risk but more risk in the jury. Matty is most likely to win the individual immunity idol while sugar already has the hidden idol.

As top 3 goes to jury either side he picks he will be top 3 assuming sugar's idol doesn't come into play. His long term chance of winning will be better if he goes with susie and crystal but I don't think that is going to happen. My logic is a little less sound there is the idol thing that makes sticking with crystal and susie an immediate risk but I think that its going to be matty, ken and sugar. Matty and sugar really haven't done that much but they always get decent amount of screen time so it seems reasonable they will go to the finals. Alternatively I think Crystal has a good chance at final three for the same reason but I don't see susie making it that far so perhaps something more complicated will happen. As for the winner right now I'd predict Matty just as everybody likes Matty but a lot can change that will affect jury votes and its hard to tell how people will vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom