• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
charlie appreciates ken's gameplay. charlie is a big survivor fan and likes it when people play smart. in his post-elimination confessional, he gave props to ken and crystal because he thought they were not playing strategically at all. he's not a scrub like marcus.

ken needs to take crystal/susie/maybe sugar to the final 3 and he'll have a good shot at winning. i think people would vote matty over him. matty would vote ken over crystal/susie (idk about sugar). marcus would have to pick the lesser of 3 evils (or just matty). idk about bob's vote.

don't forget that it looks like randy likes ken more than any of the old fang alliance. corrine is just a ***** and probably won't really care since none of her core alliance made it lol.

amazing how this game played out so far...who would have thought, way back during the first tribal swap, that ken would actually be the leader and orchestrate the elimination of ace, marcus, and charlie? just amazing. no matter how far ken goes, he's done a great job.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
man i just read a whole bunch of wikipedia snippets of all the past seasons

yau-man was a **** cool dude lol

Cyntalan Maelstrom

Smash Ace
NNID
Cyntalan
3DS FC
4227-1428-3954
Haha. To be perfectly honest, I'm a member of www.fanfiction.net as well, and I'm beginning a fic of Super Smash Bros. Survivor!

XD
Fun Fact: there's been a group around for years that have turned the idea of Survivor into an interactive fanfic tournament of sorts (a come one, come all, psuedo-competition, usually getting around 30 or so people involved). In order to differentiate themselves from the show, in the last couple years, they renamed themselves Eternity, but between SRK, FFO, and RI, they've been running these things for years (I think they're about to run their 30th soon). For fic writers, these tend to be an interesting way to work. Also, a good example of it in concept here.

My guess is, at this point, unless Sugar gets blindsided in the next two, Ken won't make final 2/3. Aside from Crystal, no one's absolutely behind Ken, and the second Corrine and Randy are gone, they're gonna realize that.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
yes good sign.

Also I'm surprised nobody went crazy on the whole facebook thing someone posted earlier (sorry im lazy).

But sugar and matty only having ken and not people like corinne is someting that obviously shows they did not go against that alliance. Seems pretty clear to me. Also, Im kind of surprised Corinne would put Ken as friend. Maybe she wants to showoff by having someone famous (ie a WINNER) in her facebook? (same for randy actually)
They can probably talk after the show is over.
Who knows.

Oh, Maelstrom, Matty is with Ken. They are apparently close.
Susie is friends with Ken, but probably a little more focused on the show.
Sugar is mainly with Ken just to get into a group and be safer.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I'm not so sure that Matty and Sugar are with Ken. Matty told sugar that SephirothKenny lied to her about the Ace thing... That turns her against him, and it shows that Matty doesn't have a strong bond with ken

Also, Matty and Crystal aren't exactly best friends.

Man, if matty wouldn't have made that stupid pact with ace, everything would've been perfect.
Jury completely controls who wins lol..
Ok... so is it so that they start making the votes for who goes home towards the end? When does the power start to shift to them? (how many will be left when the jury starts voting)

Cyntalan Maelstrom

Smash Ace
NNID
Cyntalan
3DS FC
4227-1428-3954
They can probably talk after the show is over.
Who knows.

Oh, Maelstrom, Matty is with Ken. They are apparently close.
Susie is friends with Ken, but probably a little more focused on the show.
Sugar is mainly with Ken just to get into a group and be safer.
Oh I know. Right now, they're all pretty well behind him. I just don't see 'em blindly following him for long unless Sugar's out before Randy/Corrine. They're full well knowing that With Ken around, all of their chances, save Crystal, are in. If it's final 2, none of 'em are stickin' around. If it's final 3, probably only Sugar. IF they decide to keep Ken around. But with Ken gone, that opens up a huge possibility for any of them to get a shot, as Crystal would no longer be solid.

greenflame88

Smash Cadet
Well, the jury will vote for a winner when there are either 2 or 3 players left. There will be 7 or 8 members on the jury depending on whether there is a final two or final three. The merged tribe will continue to vote out people until only 2 or 3 remain.

With the whole Yau-Man thing, Yau-Man used his idol in the final six, not four. That was when Stacy was sent home (She was my favorite in the finals) So then Earl found the idol after it was rehidden, but never used it... lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I really wonder who they're voting out next. I really haven't been able to predict the last 3 votes where Ken mindgamed everyone... so I wonder if Ken is gonna be able to pull off some crazy **** again.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I really wonder who they're voting out next. I really haven't been able to predict the last 3 votes where Ken mindgamed everyone... so I wonder if Ken is gonna be able to pull off some crazy **** again.
I think Ken will be aiming for Randy. If he wants to keep Sugar's trust and alliance (which also means keeping her vote and idol close to him), then voting out the person she wants out most will help keep Ken in the right light.

I don't see why he would vote out anyone else of the remaining Onion, unless something happens during the next episode, or a member of his alliance wants someone else gone. Which, probably will happen, since next ep is apparently "one of the best of the season". So I'm not sure what might happen lol.

My vote's still on Randy, though.

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
Ken's mentioned in everybody's interviews now. He's not giving himself secure jury votes, but that's okay. I really hate Randy, but I admit he is funny, and he's got a sense of humor. His camera comments are pretty decent and he has lived up to his standard to be on the cast. On top of all that, I want him next to go. No one is safe though.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I just hope Ken and Crystal stay safe. They are doing so well.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
According to Jeff Probst, the final 2 supposed to be "Good vs Evil", and it's going to be "obvious".. any speculations..? Originally I thought it was going to be Matty(Good) vs. Ace(Evil), but with Ace gone now.. I started to lean towards Bob(Good) vs. Randy(Evil).. But who knows :]

Timbers

check me out
^Which is why I'm not thinking Ken is going to win.
It's hard to say.

Marcus would definitely vote for Ken over the likes of Crystal and Susie. Ken never broke an alliance with Marcus.

Charlie might feel inclined to vote for anyone (except Sugar?) over Ken. He seemed to have good relations with everyone, and the only thing he knows about Ken is that he knocked him out over an idol.

Randy looks like he's the next to go, and Randy would vote Ken over Sugar, Crystal, Susie.

I'd say Ken would be in a much worse position had Ace been on the jury, but he's not. There's really no one that is going to have anything near a clean slate going into jury. Bob and Matty (to an extent, I don't know how Randy will be with Matty and Bob in the future) being the only two to have healthy relations with the jury and the remaining players.

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
Well, the jury will vote for a winner when there are either 2 or 3 players left. There will be 7 or 8 members on the jury depending on whether there is a final two or final three. The merged tribe will continue to vote out people until only 2 or 3 remain.

With the whole Yau-Man thing, Yau-Man used his idol in the final six, not four. That was when Stacy was sent home (She was my favorite in the finals) So then Earl found the idol after it was rehidden, but never used it... lol
hum youre right it was the individual immunity that was used in the last 4

im not sure if the hidden idol stops after top5 though

clowsui

Smash Legend
Randy is unaware of the fact that Sugar has the true hidden idol
If Randy tries to target Ken (which he will, seeing as his belief of the current top 3 makes it so that he targets the strongest player first) then he'll be made to look dumb when he tries to use the false idol. Imo he BLASTS everyone because his strategy is to pair up with Bob, use the idol and basically shoot at Sugar or Ken. Basically Bob becomes a powerful player through this because he basically decides the fate of Randy; if he lets Randy have the "idol" then Randy is SCREWED but if he keeps it then Randy has a very small chance of living.

Ken will be voting Randy anyways because Randy is FAR more hated than Corrine lol, so Matty-Ken-Susie-Crystal-Sugar will launch an Eruption at him.

Kirbynator

Smash Apprentice
i'd say the odds of randy being voted off this thursday is over 90%

Will be epic when he uses it in tribal council I cant wait.

Timbers

check me out
I really want to know why Bob would put the nail in his own coffin like that.

I mean, if he gives Randy the fake idol to play, the only thing that accomplishes is making Randy look like a fool, and on the offchance that Bob does make the final 2/3, it would only give Randy more incentive to vote against Bob.

I don't know what Bob's reasoning is here, unless he gives it to Randy in hopes that Randy publicly announces that he has the idol to try and scare sugar, ken, matty, susie, crystal off. Who knows, it might work. Bob's idol looks VERY convincing. Sugar may have the idol, but the idea should most definitely cross their mind that a second idol was planeted between Sugar's time at exile and Bob's.

I dunno though, if it doesnt work it backfires and Bob creates a huge target on his back for trying to help Randy out. I guess it doesn't matter seeing as it's 5-3 against Bob's alliance.

Hmm I dunno, I can't wait for Thursday.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ken's safe this ep. pretty sure of it. mutinies usually happen when your alliance is the only one left, so he still has a few weeks of safety imo.

and here i was thinking the fake idol wouldn't make a difference...

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Just watching this would make the most epic moment ever in Survivor:

Jeff: If anybody would like to use the hidden immunity idol, now would be the time to use it.
Randy with a big *** smile on his face: Here you go *pulls out fake idol*.
Jeff: That's a fake idol, you're going home tonight.
Ken: Pwned. You got Bob Combo'd :[

Shinzaburo

Smash Apprentice
The preview doesn't really show how Bob is going to play the fake idol though...
Is he going to use it to trick Randy or to help him?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Just watching this would make the most epic moment ever in Survivor:

Jeff: If anybody would like to use the hidden immunity idol, now would be the time to use it.
Randy with a big *** smile on his face: Here you go *pulls out fake idol*.
Jeff: That's a fake idol, you're going home tonight.
Ken: Pwned. You got Bob Combo'd :[
I was thinking the exact same thing. XD

Randy must be drawing more attention to himself so that Ken and his guys vote him out, and then use the idol (at least he thinks it is...) to null their votes and vote for who they want. I really don't think Bob is gonna give it to him, though. It would be a poor idea to let his own teammate walk to his doom.

Next episode is sure to be epic, regardless.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I just realized, is randy racist or something? So far he's only HATED these people: GC, Krystal and (to a lesser degree) Suzie.... they all have something in common ._.

He doesn't really seem to like anyone, but these are the people that he has really hated
He also hated that old hag with a name i forgot who got voted off really early tho

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Interesting observation. To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me if he was racist. Shouldn't he hate Ken, though?

greenflame88

Smash Cadet
Woah... We're still forgetting the individual Immunity challenge! That could change things too! What if Randy wins individual and wants to give the fake idol to Corinne or something... (VERY unlikely, but if Jeff even said this was the best episode of the season, ANYTHING could happen!) Maybe wants to get the idol from Bob, to vote out Bob?

The next episode, the only ones I see in danger are Randy and Kenny. Sugar has her own idol and she and Matty are swing votes, Corinne, Bob, and Randy would be stupid to even TRY to vote them out. Crystal is behind Kenny, if anything comes towards Crystal, Kenny will take the hit first. I see Susie as in a good spot now. She is in the shadows and nobody is talking about her, yet she won last week's immunity challenge of BUILDING A FIRE! HAHAHAHAHA! I think it's funny how the two people that no one expected to start a fire! (Her and Sugar!) Susie is in a good spot now. If somehow Kenny's alliance goes down, Kenny and Crystal will both go before Susie... Corinne is safe next week, unless Kenny and all of them are saying they will vote out Randy and then blindside Corinne or Bob. SO MANY DIFFERENT SCENARIOS AND VARIABLES TO CONSIDER!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
The fire-building challenge was so rigged. Bob should have destroyed the competition in that one, but he didn't even get a flame going. Are you serious? Sugar and Suzie were the only ones with flames?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I've used flint before. They were all given crappy flint because it is not that hard to get sparks to catch. It must have been crappy kindling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom