• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER Street Fighter IV Thread: SEYAAAAA

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
flash metroid been beastin in NY wit makoto and even won a tourney with her.

dogy samich ima hit u up on xbl
Flash did what? Why haven't i heard of this yet? XD How is like, the most technical man in america destroyin with makoto.

And aight.

___

Risk to sonic boom? Gettin jumped, lol, just like every other projectile. Risk goes higher with the harder boom.

Or, depending on range, gettin out footsied into a KD.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
DC, if you know a sonic boom is coming, crouching medium kick into pinwheel works wonders. Or if you want to get really silly, crouching medium kick into counter the sonic boom for the flashy lulz.

And low fireball avoids his sonic boom as well.

Or just dash under lol. Juri's got the tools for any projectile war.

DC

Smash Cadet
lol Nice job showing up, Dreadz. Anyways, I practiced SSFIV tonight. I can confirm it sucks even when played with other people.

Back to CT!

ElChubaNebre

Smash Apprentice
lol Nice job showing up, Dreadz. Anyways, I practiced SSFIV tonight. I can confirm it sucks even when played with other people.

Back to CT!
u serious? i was actually gonna consider playing it legit
:] but i guess i save me money from another stick.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Yo why can't Cody like merge all dem rocks to make like an unmissable rock throw, like a boulder right? Cause **** that'd be beast like ****.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero

Back to CT!
Nah, you just suck. Blazblue has no redeaming feature over any other fighting game whatsoever. Anything it does, someone does better. This game is miles more balanced than Blazblue.
Yo why can't Cody like merge all dem rocks to make like an unmissable rock throw, like a boulder right? Cause **** that'd be beast like ****.
That's his final smash.

nevershootme

Smash Master
his criminal upper shoulda been like joe higashi's tornado projectile.

guy vs chun is a **** messed up matchup for guy... i've been scratching my head on solving it if i wanna beat her with guy cuz there will be a load of chun players in the long run

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Those tier lists are terrible. Wtf sagat at above most characters? Lol
if you don't think Sagat is at or near the top, you are crazy. he still has the tools to give every character in the game Hell. the developers at Capcom even said that was their intention.

his criminal upper shoulda been like joe higashi's tornado projectile.

guy vs chun is a **** messed up matchup for guy... i've been scratching my head on solving it if i wanna beat her with guy cuz there will be a load of chun players in the long run
yeah, the matchup is hard for Guy. what he HAS to do in the matchup is find a way to make Chun-Li approach him. if he can get an early life lead and do that, the match is better for him, but not great for him. her pokes beat the garbage out of him.

I've only fought three other Chuns since the game was released.
you'll see a lot more, i think, now that she has a dedicated anti-air.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
*supersized sigh*

my 360 RRoD'd today while I was at my friend's house. Super ironic. First time I've moved it since I had it, and this happens.

:(

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I played the game some more yesterday, and I found more of an appreciation for Vega's buffs. Makes me smile.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Which move is that?
df+LK. the kick where she flips backwards very quickly. this move only had a few niche uses in SF4(like stopping repeated dive kicks from Rufus), but in SSf4, they gave it full lower body invulnerability, allowing her to easily anti-air just about anything. and of course, you get a free kikosho for your efforts.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Kikosho is always free. As gay as some **** is in this game, that's the only one I really wish they would have never created. It was gay in SFIII when Ibuki had it, it was gay when Chun-Li had it in third strike, and its gay now.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Kikosho is always free. As gay as some **** is in this game, that's the only one I really wish they would have never created. It was gay in SFIII when Ibuki had it, it was gay when Chun-Li had it in third strike, and its gay now.
lol, i guess, but kikosho does VERY little damage. most of the time, you'll only get about 300 damage, which is less than Ryu's super. good utility move, though.

DC

Smash Cadet
Oh wow, Friday past and I forgot to tell everyone who I main.

It's

dramatic music

Sakura

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Does anyone have some useful advice on how to handle Dictator?

I have no idea how I'm supposed to fight against him with Abel and I think that's actually one Abel's worst match-ups anyway. Maybe with Cammy... or Sagat...

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Does anyone have some useful advice on how to handle Dictator?

I have no idea how I'm supposed to fight against him with Abel and I think that's actually one Abel's worst match-ups anyway. Maybe with Cammy... or Sagat...
well, maybe I can help you out. I know that matchup, most of the time, is rated even or very slight advantage Dictator. since i don't know what you specifically have trouble on, I can give general advice. NEVER let Dictator corner you. This leads to very bad situations, such as forcing you to block Scissor Kick strings, or forcing you to roll and get thrown. And, since Falling Sky is actually useful now, whenever he Psycho Crushers or does anything to go into the air, you should be able to grab him. I mentioned PC because Guy can air-grab him out of it, so maybe Abel's can grab him, as well. Dictator's reversal game is a little weak, so if you can stay on top of him after a knockdown, that can lead to big things. I don't know very much about Abel, so I can only give you very general advice.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
i think cammy would be a good one to go with against bison.
i tried the matchup against a friend who mains bison and her cannon spike was really effective against a lot of his moves.
the main issue is the fact that cammy has **** for health

also, with abel i say:
roll, tornado throw, repeat

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i think cammy would be a good one to go with against bison.
i tried the matchup against a friend who mains bison and her cannon spike was really effective against a lot of his moves.
the main issue is the fact that cammy has **** for health

also, with abel i say:
roll, tornado throw, repeat
i would say that Cammy would be at a disadvantage due to it being hard to approach Dictator with her. Cammy's main offense comes from the air, and Dictator can stop all of her stuff with st. RH. Plus, if she tries to approach on the ground, st.MK gets added to the mix, and makes it harder to get to him. Plus, Dictator can stay on the ground or Devil Reverse to nullify her anti-air options. Cammy's normals on the ground are miserably bad, so she is better suited to fight air-to-air, somewhere Dictator never has to go against her.

DC

Smash Cadet
Just played against a C.Viper for the first time

lolwut

HUT

HAAAAAAAAAH

lol anti air shinku hadoken right in her mouth

Top Bottom