• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER Street Fighter IV Thread: SEYAAAAA

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Sakura has bigger breasts and booty than Chun Li AND she wears a sailor outfit.
you're ****ing crazy

This is madness.

Makoto is kind of hot in a tomboy way.
i can DEFINITELY dig it

Man, **** SSFIV, let's all play Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha.
you're ****ing crazy

Chun-Li has a lower body that can break up bank safes.
yes she does. and it's so magnificent.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
PSN: Will_Underscore

I main Cody, just got the game a couple days ago and I'm trying to get his links down.
hmm, good to see you here Will.

I thought i remembered you saying you liked Cody a while ago. I dont really post in here, but I like to read all the informative posts...

and the enlightening discussions concerning the female tier list, lol,

JURI
CHUN LI
MAKOTO

top three's all you need
*goes back to observing

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
well, i DO think she's trash in SF4/SSF4, but i wasn't talking about it then. she was just about godlike in SFA3, but i still hated her. i will always hate Sakura just because i think she's a stupid character design. in fact, by random coincidence, a lot of characters from different games/whatever named Sakura are characters that I hate... *shrugs*
I remember the speech at EP of why you don't like sakura, and I honestly do respect it cause it completely valid. Ironically, that's pretty much the reason why I like her. Not saying you're right, just throwing that out there.

As or here being trash in SSF4, I can't agree with that. She can get way too much frickin damage off of practically nothing to be straight trash in my books. Is she GREAT? No far from it. But I mean, a good chuck of somebody's bar for 2 stock, no ultra, from a variety of landed pokes has some use.

Is the combo easy? No. (Stuff -> HP Shoo -> FADC -> cs.HP -> stuff).

Does she have a ton of ways to land it? IMO yeah.

Beyond that, while it's nice to have j.mk back. It's not a godsend by any stretch. That's the truth. It does let her go back to her old shenanigans which mostly still work. To this day, I wish capcom would **** up and give me my NH f.mk -> c.lk link back. I'd kill for that.

But getting close to do any of that? She's not completely helpless, not by any stretch. But that's where her biggest flaw comes in, imo. Needing some f'ing meter. She's got ways to build it (combination of air shunpu, hado, whiffed shoo'ou), but without atleast one stock, yeah things are generally uphill for her.

So like, yeah, she's not exactly going to bully alot of people, but it's not like she winds up in horrible situations because of who she is. (I say that because I have flashbacks of walking richard down a few weeks and and I felt like I couldn't get **** accomplished. :laugh::laugh:)

...*shrug* I know i'm not going to convince you otherwise, but I chalk it up to us thinking like, night and day different. So it's not like I'm upset about it or anything.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I could go in the list of things I don't like about BB, and the few things I do like, but all I really need to say about the game is this~~

The ONLY character that looks remotely interesting to play to me is Rachel. And, to me, she really isn't THAT interesting compared to other characters I love, she's just interesting in comparison to the rest of the cast.

I could list a bunch of biased reasons why that is, but in the end when I look at the cast nothing jumps out at me as interesting. Not character style-wise nor design-wise.

*runs away before I get slapped in the face by the Crunkedge*

And no, that's not Noel in my sig, that's a d*** Gunner from Etrian Odyssey 2. <3 my gunner. (Rosette Christopher ^_^)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'm mad that I finally got around to getting PF:HDR and then my 360 RRoD'd, so I STILL havent played it outside of the one time I played Pikachad at waba and dont remember it.

But I mean.

Ask 'bout my Sakura in some Vanilla PF.

No seriously, ask bout her.

Some people know.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Chun Li > Juri
HEEEELLLLLLLL yes. Good ****, RJ.

I could go in the list of things I don't like about BB, and the few things I do like, but all I really need to say about the game is this~~

The ONLY character that looks remotely interesting to play to me is Rachel. And, to me, she really isn't THAT interesting compared to other characters I love, she's just interesting in comparison to the rest of the cast.

I could list a bunch of biased reasons why that is, but in the end when I look at the cast nothing jumps out at me as interesting. Not character style-wise nor design-wise.

*runs away before I get slapped in the face by the Crunkedge*

And no, that's not Noel in my sig, that's a d*** Gunner from Etrian Odyssey 2. <3 my gunner. (Rosette Christopher ^_^)

don't make me dust off the Crunkedge, son. but, honestly, i don't see how people DIDN'T want to play Litchi upon looking at her. Aside from her looks, her playstyle was incredibly fun and interesting.

OFT

<3 Hsien-Ko
yeah, Lei-Lei is pretty solid.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'm not gunna lie, first time I saw litchi, I was like "D*** that's alot of buttons". Come to find out that was a **** bnb? I mean, I like pressing buttons, but man. :/

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Yo. okay I decided on who I play so the OP can update with this if you want...

Main : Adon
Secondaries : El Fuerte, Bison

if anyone wants to know, I don't care if Adon is bad, or that his U2 is better than U1. I use him, and I use U1, and I only do so because of the way he yells "JAGUAAAR - REEEE-VOOOOLLL-VERRRRRRR" it is seriously one of my favorite things in a game ever. It was like when I first heard Tager yelling out his own name in his attacks. Instant-love.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You shuoldn't care if your charecter isn't "good." this game's crazy balanced. Once that final balance patch comes out, I expect this to easily be one of the most balanced games of all time, especially considering the size of the cast.

Wait, were we talking abuot Hsien-Ko in terms of using her on Puzzle Fighter, or just her hottness? the two conversations were right next to each other, so I got confused.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
um, i hate to tell you, but super actually is pretty balanced. I think the only thing that could possibly come close to it (or even be better atm) is tekken.

... I say that knowing tekken is like, THE fighter I know jack s*** bout, so I could be dead wrong.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Oh good, here I was thinking I was crazy for understanding Soul Calibur but not being able to grasp Tekken. Glad to see Dogy's like that too.

DC

Smash Cadet
All 3D fighters are bad except for Dead or Alive 4 and Bloody Roar.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Does that include 3D fighters like the UFC games? Just wondering; I don't play them.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Oh good, here I was thinking I was crazy for understanding Soul Calibur but not being able to grasp Tekken. Glad to see Dogy's like that too.
I'm startin to get the idea of how tekken works in that it's all about conditioning your opponent to block something, and then wrecking them with something else. It actually works fairly similarly to SC, it's just that Tekken is, in large, harder and more unforgiving than SC is.

... T6, afaik, doesnt have s****y, wonky hitboxes like SC4 does. XD

___

However, you ask me to like, commentate Tekken, and I be pretty **** close to clueless other than "... um he's going low, he's going low, OH HE GOT HOP KICKED YUAH LETS GO"

but SC2 and SC4 werent bad

SC4 not bad?
SC4 NOT BAD?
You must not have heard of The Doom Combo, Hilde's bnb.

Take note that that rung out from THE STARTING POSITIONS on one of the bigger stages, going the LONGEST LENGTH on the stage. You CAN tech that combo, but that only extends it, and Hilde dont even have to guess right on the tech trap, C2BB covers ALL tech options. Not to mention, if there's a wall, Doom Combo = half your bar+.

AND THAT'S NOT EVEN THE WACKEST S*** IN THE GAME.

____

And looooooooool at DoA4 and BLOODY ROAR being good games? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

____

In actual topic news.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8G8Z4cIgD04&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8G8Z4cIgD04&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Daigo and Mago speak the truth

GA Peach

Smash Lord
um, i hate to tell you, but super actually is pretty balanced. I think the only thing that could possibly come close to it (or even be better atm) is tekken.

... I say that knowing tekken is like, THE fighter I know jack s*** bout, so I could be dead wrong.

this man is speaking the truth. SSF4 is very well balanced so far, and Tekken even more so. ANY character can win tournies in Tekken. that game is almost ALL 5/5 matches

Top Bottom