• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER Street Fighter IV Thread: SEYAAAAA

DC

Smash Cadet
Never had a problem with it yet. Beats out most attacks I use it against.
On wakeup I've had it stuffed by real DPs, sweeps, Juri's divekick, just about all air attacks. Most of them are trades though but usually ends with me OTG

DC

Smash Cadet
EX counter is the closest thing Juri has to a DP on wakeup. EX so it'll be active on frame 1.
I was wondering wtf the difference was. I thought it was the distance she traveled.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You can do all three directions with it, don't remember how though since I don't use coutners as counters generally suck in fighting games. I mean, even Haka in Blazblue only uses his counter MAYBE once a match.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
whenever i have the urge to play FFXIII, i see super before i get to it, and i can never get past it :laugh:

I was playing Makoto like Diddy Kong, when I really should be playing her like Game and watch. Now im doing better than I was, but shes still bad (but ridiculously fun)

they need to bring back player matches. where you can play 1 person over and over and over again until one of you leaves. I like endless mode but sometimes I dont want to wait and watch other matches, just wanna keep playing.

DC

Smash Cadet
Just create an Endless room with only 2 player slots. (One of which is you)

EDIT: **** you Crashic

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i never made one so i didnt know. i assumed it had to be like at least 4 slots :laugh:

btw, playing snes/genesis emulators on the PC with a fightpad is too good. I now feel better about my decision to buy two for the 360

DC

Smash Cadet
wtf is with teching grabs in this game? lol I can win matches by just spamming grab all day.

edit: lol I learned how to play against Abel in 2 rounds.

Step 1: run
Step 2: away
Step 3: fireball

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Teching grabs is really easy in this game. Its not Blazblue easy to where you shuold almost never grab, but grabs are still considered poor in this game.

Also, you forgot the part where you grab Abel. He hates that. You know Juri's kara grab, right?

DC

Smash Cadet
What's wrong with BB's grab? The techable time is 13f (less than 1/4 of a second), not long enough to react to cold, just long enough to react to if you see it coming. If you're getting your grabs teched easily then you are being too obvious, or playing a seasoned online player. Not to mention Throw Reject Miss, so you can't mash it out. IMO there was nothing wrong with that system but mind you, you brought it up so I'm not saying its better or anything.

Anyways, trying to throw Abel = getting thrown from what I saw lol.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
In blazblue grabs are always teched at top level play. Its simply too easy once you have the timing down and doesn't take you predicting the grab. Its not a super WHAT THE ****?!?! system, but compared to most games its pretty poor. Street Fighter grabs have their own problems.

Nah, don't throw him when he's up close, but well placed grabs him can **** up his approaches. Part of the reason why his Zangeif matchup sucks balls.

DC

Smash Cadet
In blazblue grabs are always teched at top level play. Its simply too easy once you have the timing down and doesn't take you predicting the grab. Its not a super WHAT THE ****?!?! system, but compared to most games its pretty poor. Street Fighter grabs have their own problems.

Nah, don't throw him when he's up close, but well placed grabs him can **** up his approaches. Part of the reason why his Zangeif matchup sucks balls.
Yes, grabs are very powerful and (usually) leave you with good oki (see: Rachel, v-13, Arakune, Litchi, Tager) so they shouldn't be relied upon. Btw BB tech window = 13F, SF tech window = 10F (for most). ANYWAYS like I said let's stop talking about BB in the SF topic. ;3

I like my run away strat better. I noticed his roll has projectile invinci...?

all that....

or just grab him out of his roll
lol I tried! He just finished his roll and command grabbed. It seems hard to on reaction from the proper distance.

DC

Smash Cadet
Dreadz is online a lot, but we can't connect to other because the combined amount of black would be too much for SSFIV's netcode to handle.

DC

Smash Cadet
cr.mp, cr.hk, hk, and fuhajin can AA too

Pinwheel wrecks sloppy jump ins too, and U2 can AA but has strict timing

DC

Smash Cadet
When BBCS comes out I'm snapping this disc in half.

DC

Smash Cadet
Nope, snapping it in half, the only reason I'm playing it is cause no one else is on CT.

Juri's mad fun but.... nothing else is.

Top Bottom