• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER Street Fighter IV Thread: SEYAAAAA

DC

Smash Cadet
Does Makoto have a command grab? **** Makoto.

Too many **** matchups to learn.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I know Cammy doesn't have an overhead :(
Neither does Dan.
Neither does Bison.

Makoto is horrible, DC. Just run away and throw fireballs or run away and throw kicks or rush her down. She really can't do much about anything.

DC

Smash Cadet
Idk wtf is punishable

And why is she glowing red lol

DC

Smash Cadet
For everyone, I ****in started playing this **** like 3 days ago. I hate not knowing anything. :(

At least my character is mad fun. I'll be revealing said character on Friday.

nevershootme

Smash Master
unless u count the overhead as the crossup lol... pretty much some characters have command imput overhead punches, (dudley's f+HK, viper's f+MK)

****it.. who knows more about Guy anyways... i just need some playtime experience to get things pact with him, watching floe on stream yesterday was all execution, yet all fundamentals with him lol.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Lol at overheads. Yeah this is old school 2D fighters, this aint new age GG, BB, and MB where the game is built around high/low mixups, although there are alot more now than there were then, and alot more dangerous ones now (i.e. dudley's overhead)

Now taking MMs against My Dan.

Come at me if you dare.
.... lol.

$20 Sakura/Dan ft10. Come on, it's sakura, she's bad right?

I'm down for saturday if i drag myself to that monthly. And then after that, I'll do

$10 Dan Mirrors ft10. But if you dont do Sakura/Dan, then you get no Dan mirrors.
unless u count the overhead as the crossup lol... pretty much some characters have command imput overhead punches, (dudley's f+HK, viper's f+MK)

****it.. who knows more about Guy anyways... i just need some playtime experience to get things pact with him, watching floe on stream yesterday was all execution, yet all fundamentals with him lol.
*points to GA Peach*
*points to Angry Lobster*
*points to SRK*
i think dreadz plays guy too, i honestly forgot already. If he does i know he knows his s***.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Characters who have no overheads at all. I didn't know any existed.
Even though Piece of Mercury looks more like than overhead than just about any command normal in the game, Vega didn't have an overhead in the original.

DC

Smash Cadet
I DONT UNDERSTAND RUFUS

why is he so fat and fast

why is he dive kicking me (not an overhead?)

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Lol at overheads. Yeah this is old school 2D fighters, this aint new age GG, BB, and MB where the game is built around high/low mixups, although there are alot more now than there were then, and alot more dangerous ones now (i.e. dudley's overhead)

.... lol.

$20 Sakura/Dan ft10. Come on, it's sakura, she's bad right?

I'm down for saturday if i drag myself to that monthly. And then after that, I'll do

$10 Dan Mirrors ft10. But if you dont do Sakura/Dan, then you get no Dan mirrors.

*points to GA Peach*
*points to SRK*
i think dreadz plays guy too, i honestly forgot already. If he does i know he knows his s***.
I iz a poor high schooler. I haz little monies. I'd do $5, but that's about it. I'll Dan mirror you in friendlies.

...****. I need to start playing SERIOUSLY. I will show people the true power of Dan Mother-****ing Hibiki!!!

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I DONT UNDERSTAND RUFUS

why is he so fat and fast

why is he dive kicking me (not an overhead?)
Be glad it isn't an overhead. I just LOVE how Rufus's divekick is safe at any height, can be done with any type of jump, can easily combo into 40% life, and is easy to perform while characters with less health and worse options can't dive kick unless it's really low and even then it's still punishable.

Pretty much, you want to AA if he's divekick spamming and tech his grabs. Also, be careful of EX Messiah Kick since it's got a ton of invincibility frames.

DC

Smash Cadet
What is messiah kick? Is that where he jumps in the air and spins?

DC

Smash Cadet
lol I got butt****ed by that attack once. Wtf is with that poke he has on the ground? WHAT DOES HE DO THAT IS PUNISHABLE?

EDIT: Just noticed that Sakura's U2 is Ryu's super. That's pretty cool.

nevershootme

Smash Master

*points to GA Peach*
*points to SRK*
yea i guess, but i live somewhere in the vacinity of angry lobster, so at least i should pay a visit to get some practice with him

more as ITT, DC whines about every little detail...

*heads back to "the lab"*

DC

Smash Cadet
Actually in every post I'm either asking a question or for advice. Btw, you're an idiot.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
just to let everyone know, if Rufus's dive kicks were over heads, i would have quit Street Fighter a long time ago. it's bad enough he doesn't have to wait until the peak of his jump to dive. Yun and Yang had to do that.

oh, and, nevershootme, even though i don't live near you, i do know some stuff about Guy, so feel free to ask me a question, should you have one. i will answer it to the best of my ability.

DC

Smash Cadet
just to let everyone know, if Rufus's dive kicks were over heads, i would have quit Street Fighter a long time ago. it's bad enough he doesn't have to wait until the peak of his jump to dive. Yun and Yang had to do that.
Neither does Juri but hers aren't nearly as fast.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Hey Dreadz, if you're reading this come to ZP on Friday night. I'm gonna be practicing Street Fighter for the FIRST TIME EVER.

QUESTIONS:

1. Where the **** am I supposed to rest my hands on the stick? Should I rest it on the 4 buttons BB style?

2. Can I punish Akuma's invincible slide thing or his ultra #1?

3. Is Ryu's Tatsu punishable?

4. DOES EVERY CHARACTER HAVE AN OVERHEAD?

EDIT: Just won 3 matches in a row, super ****in hyped right now.
yea come thru friday

DC

Smash Cadet
w/e I've already given into the fact that Juri is slutty as ****. w/e, I'm already committing blasphemy by playing Street Fighter, might as well try a non-innocent character for once.

DC

Smash Cadet
Can anyone give me a list of characters that can wakeup DP?

DC

Smash Cadet
lol Sakura's is bad.

Guy and Deejay have ones, I think.

Top Bottom