• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER Street Fighter IV Thread: SEYAAAAA

DC

Smash Cadet
You're judging the game right off...so...obviously you didn't read what i said? so once again....don't judge something before you actually take it in.

And if you were talking about a seperate game you shouldve stated rather than making 40 posts about your first hour experience in SSF4.

- This is the reason why i dont go on smashboards anymore.
Yes, what I said in those posts is that I originally did not like the game because I thought all the characters were terrible and the combos not fun, but now I've found a character that I think is fun and easy for a newbie to the game (like me) to play, so I actually have fun with the game now.

NOOOO GALUUDA DOESNT GO ON SMASHBOARDS ANYMORE?

anyways

Also GA Peach, I recommend crying some more.

EDIT: Hey what do I do about people spamming Hadokens online? :( How do I do that Focus Attack cancel thing?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
focus attack, to take the hit of the hadoken, then cancel the focus attack with a dash in either direction

DC

Smash Cadet
If I do that I get hit by their next hadoken, lol.

EDIT: Holy **** I completely forgot my character has a move that gets around hadokens lol.

I got my second legit win, and punished an ultra with ultraaaaaaa. I'll get this game up to BB status, just wait.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
well, im in story mode going through all the players...get that done before i even think about going online.

i wanta know why DC gets the mod title--no red name, so i know youre not...

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
well, im in story mode going through all the players...get that done before i even think about going online.

i wanta know why DC gets the mod title--no red name, so i know youre not...
His custom title is moderator. If he was as cool as me, he'd have two titles, and moderator would be in awesome bold.

DC

Smash Cadet
DC you taking the game seriously?
Yeah, but right now I know absolutely nothing about the game. Still workin on it. I'm starting to win like 1 out of every 50 matches lol. Usually when the guy I'm playing doesn't really know how to play.

Wanna practice with me?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThRwXfBfU1o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThRwXfBfU1o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Bruce Lee must be turning over in his grave.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Excuse me for asking a dumb question, but in BlazBlue I can do 5 move combos with Tager (I'm not impressed with it, I know I suck. I just have to use it as an example,) but in Street Fighter IV I tried going into the trial mode thing where it teaches you combos and I can't even do hp>change of direction with Abel. It really bothers me a lot. Is the buffer timing a lot different between the two games?

Sorry, again. I just feel the need to get this answered.
you'll find that, in general, your window for performing combos is much more strict than in BlazBlue. they will require noticeably more practice.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThRwXfBfU1o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThRwXfBfU1o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
that is one sorry ultra. how's that kikosho treating you, though?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I really don't know whether I should stick with Ultra I or II with Abel.

Projectiles are punished by both, but:
Ultra I can deal with multi-hit projectiles while the other can't
Ultra II can punish charge characters on reaction

Punishing Normals:
Ultra II is better, hands down

Basically, all I see is, do I want to have the option of punishing a lot of things or do I want the option of dealing a lot of damage within combos (namely the f.MK --> cl.st.FP --> CoD --> FADC --> Cr.FP --> Ultra)? I'm having a tough time deciding because either one can be used in all match-ups fairly equally.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Awesome, if I didn't drop combos so much lol
lol, don't worry, you'll get it. Chun is INCREDIBLY sexy in SSF4. Not that she wasn't good in SF4, but her bad matchups(Viper, Rufus, Sagat) have all been improved to even, IMO, due to the damage and health nerfs for those characters(only damage for Viper, i believe). and, Flame Kick doesn't give frame advantage on block any more, which helps Chun out a lot. now that she can combo every character with Ultra, and received no notable damage nerfs of her own, she seems strong.

GreenAce

Smash Ace
Yeah, but right now I know absolutely nothing about the game. Still workin on it. I'm starting to win like 1 out of every 50 matches lol. Usually when the guy I'm playing doesn't really know how to play.

Wanna practice with me?
Sure i'm free ''ALL'' this week I got suspended for not serving my detentions lol.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
lol, don't worry, you'll get it. Chun is INCREDIBLY sexy in SSF4. Not that she wasn't good in SF4, but her bad matchups(Viper, Rufus, Sagat) have all been improved to even, IMO, due to the damage and health nerfs for those characters(only damage for Viper, i believe). and, Flame Kick doesn't give frame advantage on block any more, which helps Chun out a lot. now that she can combo every character with Ultra, and received no notable damage nerfs of her own, she seems strong.
Yeah. I'm really loving Chun now. I'm still getting used to stick, so hopefully those drops will become less frequent as I get more accustomed to it.

do you have any reason to use s1 over s2 with chun in ssf4 marty?
U1 still does more damage, but good luck hitting a opponent with the full attack.

I'm also strangely drawn to Makoto. She doesn't seem that good, and I'm absolutely awful with her, but for whatever reason I've taken it as a challenge to become competent with her. Is it worth the time/effort?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Yeah, I just tested the grab bug on Guy and apparently it only works if he is hit while crouching which isn't going to happen much, if at all.

@Jam Stunna: No, it isn't worth picking up Makoto at all. She's baaaaad.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Yeah, I just tested the grab bug on Guy and apparently it only works if he is hit while crouching which isn't going to happen much, if at all.

@Jam Stunna: No, it isn't worth picking up Makoto at all. She's baaaaad.
yet semi senseless that everyone crouches when they defend often. therefore punishable harshly, but give it time before more exploits are found

GA Peach

Smash Lord
do you have any reason to use s1 over s2 with chun in ssf4 marty?
well, Jam Stunna named a good reason, but also, Hosenka(U1) goes through projectiles, so it's still good against the likes of Ryu and Sagat.

Yeah. I'm really loving Chun now. I'm still getting used to stick, so hopefully those drops will become less frequent as I get more accustomed to it.
glad to hear it, man. she'll take you far in this game.

DC

Smash Cadet
Hey Dreadz, if you're reading this come to ZP on Friday night. I'm gonna be practicing Street Fighter for the FIRST TIME EVER.

QUESTIONS:

1. Where the **** am I supposed to rest my hands on the stick? Should I rest it on the 4 buttons BB style?

2. Can I punish Akuma's invincible slide thing or his ultra #1?

3. Is Ryu's Tatsu punishable?

4. DOES EVERY CHARACTER HAVE AN OVERHEAD?

EDIT: Just won 3 matches in a row, super ****in hyped right now.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
2. Akuma's teleport is completely invincible, but punishable at the end if you can predict it and follow it. Ultra 1 has very few invincibility frames so just mash DP or jump, attack, and combo.

3. Ryu's Tatsu whiffs on crouchers and is vulnerable to any crouching move. Ryu's air Tatsu has slight landing lag.

4. I wish. :(

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Hey Dreadz, if you're reading this come to ZP on Friday night. I'm gonna be practicing Street Fighter for the FIRST TIME EVER.

QUESTIONS:

1. Where the **** am I supposed to rest my hands on the stick? Should I rest it on the 4 buttons BB style?

2. Can I punish Akuma's invincible slide thing or his ultra #1?

3. Is Ryu's Tatsu punishable?

4. DOES EVERY CHARACTER HAVE AN OVERHEAD?

EDIT: Just won 3 matches in a row, super ****in hyped right now.
1. It really depends on your setups and what feels more comfortable to you. But I suggest resting your hand on the top 3 buttons or between the top and bottom.

2. You can punish his slide after it's done. You can jump over or straight up against his ultra 1. You can also hit it with throw invincible moves.

3. For one, if you're crouching you should be able to punish since it will whiff. His air version shouldn't be too much of an issue. lk Tatsu is highly punishable, mk/hk Tatsu should be command grab punishable, and ex Tatsu is not punishable.

4. No.

Of course, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
DC, you can punish Akuma's tely with your dive kick, or if he spaced it porely, heavy/feirce pinwheel. I'm assuming he's running away, if he's getting in your face with it, that **** can be punished by anything, don't worry about teleporting as an approach unless he's got an Ultra II at his hands, but that can be sweeped (crouching heave kicked) out of. You can punish Tatsu with Ultra II if spaced right. Don't let him get ontop of you when you use it though, then he floats right on by and that's gay. The best way for you to punish it is with forward jump heavy kick. THen he'll be in knock down giving you time to set up against him, be that charging a fireball or whatever you chose to do. I'm not sure if every charecter does, but most do, though only a few are real game changers, like Dudley's.

And no, don't use the stick like Blazblue, that's the worst possible position DC. You need to have three fingers on your most used button depending on character, which for you shuold be kick.

DC

Smash Cadet
shhhh Crashic, don't hint to my secret character!

Anyways, what about Ibuki's stupid neckbreak bull****. Is that unblockable or have I not been blocking low every single time?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Ibuki's neckbreaker can be blocked.

Just out of curiosity, which characters don't have overheads?

DC

Smash Cadet
Wait, so if Akuma does a random slide ultra then I can just punish with U2?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yep. assuming he's ultraing towards you. Akuma's teleport is a poor approach, and they nerfed it so its ever worse for approaching. You can punish its recovery fairly easy if he used it to approach.
And I meant jump forward heave punch. got confused since its actually a kick hahahaha.

DC

Smash Cadet
I love Juri's idle animation, she grills the **** out of you.

DC

Smash Cadet
I meant characters with standing or command overheads like Sakura's foward medium kick.

Top Bottom