• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUPER Street Fighter IV Thread: SEYAAAAA

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Is sagat still uber?
He was never uber. If he's uber MK is Jesus Tier.
People are still talking about that. Some people are saying he's mid now, but others are saying he's still the king for a reason.

Also, why does Cody's knife do chip, but Vega's Claw doesn't?
Sagat is still good. His zoning is just un-rivaled, I mean, Whens the last time Sagat was Mid tier? ST:top HF:top SFA3:high CvS2:top.

And Cody's knife has always chipped. They're not trying to break Vega. He has the potential to **** this game, just like he does in EVERY other SF.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
No one used the new Sagat, why should that matter? The old version was the best character in the game. He's high tier in HDR, and was top in HF.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
What I'm trying to say is that an updated version of Sagat is not the same as the original Sagat. Just because he was king back then, doesn't necessarily mean he would stay king in a later installment.

Also, went to a Gamestop tourney. I went by Daigo, and I might have a picture of me and the other guy who placed on the website, lol. We had to play on a tv that repeatedly blacked out and the controllers were garbage. WHAT THE **** IS THE LEFT TRIGGER BUTTON DOING ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE CONTROLLER?! No one was able to do anything on that garbage controller. I ended up losing the finals (which were 1 round of 3/5, single elimination) because I couldn't get my links down or cross-ups right on the thing with Abel.

The dumbest part was that the ordinary controllers were right in front of us, still attached to the 360, but weren't allowed. Oh and my prize was one of the pieces of trash with Bison on it.

I'm not really gonna hold a grudge about it since it was free and all, but I seriously can't think of a single time that Gamestop actually knew what they were doing with tournaments.

nevershootme

Smash Master
What I'm trying to say is that an updated version of Sagat is not the same as the original Sagat. Just because he was king back then, doesn't necessarily mean he would stay king in a later installment.

Also, went to a Gamestop tourney. I went by Daigo, and I might have a picture of me and the other guy who placed on the website, lol. We had to play on a tv that repeatedly blacked out and the controllers were garbage. WHAT THE **** IS THE LEFT TRIGGER BUTTON DOING ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE CONTROLLER?! No one was able to do anything on that garbage controller. I ended up losing the finals (which were 1 round of 3/5, single elimination) because I couldn't get my links down or cross-ups right on the thing with Abel.

The dumbest part was that the ordinary controllers were right in front of us, still attached to the 360, but weren't allowed. Oh and my prize was one of the pieces of trash with Bison on it.

I'm not really gonna hold a grudge about it since it was free and all, but I seriously can't think of a single time that Gamestop actually knew what they were doing with tournaments.
certain gamestops in the nation can run tournies legitly with the right people

**** those FADC setups... time to upgrade my stick into octogate...

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
Invite me to a game if you're a good player, otherwise I'm most likely going to destroy you :)

And in your response to talking about vega being top notch in this game....he's not THAT much better, his ultra got buffed mainly..other than that it's not really much, I still haven't had a vega take a game off of me. I'd say the biggest surprise to me is the bison buffs they gave out, as well as guile being crazy good in this one..

XBL: prawr

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Oh i know it's punishable, but what my opponent dont know dont hurt me. ^_^

Safety issue = yup. I really don't know the extent of it yet, but yeah, I feel pretty uneasy doing.... everything. Sucks that he has a hard time backing out of stuff, as well. :/

yeah, it's unfortunate, but Cody can't safely do a special move unless he knows it's going to connect against someone who knows what they are doing. just stick to normals most of the time, and you'll be good. One thing to watch out for on normal Zonk, though, is the fact that he can't go through low normals with it. so, any one doing a quick low move can counter hit you.

Criminal upper is safe on block.
no, it is not completely safe on block, and it is character dependant, of course. not all characters have the same reach and speed on moves, obviously. LP CU is -5 on block, so anything 4 frames or faster will punish on block. the other versions are even more unsafe on block. a very good example is Cody against Guy. at most distances, when CU is put into a block string, Guy can punish with a full Bushin Chain because he has a 4 frame jab, plus it has long range, plus the Bushin Chain drags Cody's body towards him, and Guy steps towards him. i do admit that some characters don't have things to punish Cody if he does LP CU at max range, as 5 frames isn't enough time for most to dash and throw a jab.

Sagat was "uber" in ST and SF4. He is simply ridiculous in those two games, and Sagat has the tools to be the best again in SSF4, although he will have to work a bit harder for victories now. I vote either him or Gouki for best in SSF4.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Juri's pretty good. Well rounded charecter, able to exploit weaknesses and versatile. Every one of her good sides has a weakness. For instance, she has wonderful normals for footsies, but has a sluggish walk.

DC

Smash Cadet
Yeah and she has that low fireball + high dive kick mixup that has an obvious weakness.

Wait no.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Dive kick is mad unsafe on block, dive kick gets stuffed by everything and has no priority even with EX, the fireballs don't build that much meter, the low fireballs don't even hit low, the medium fireballs can be crouched under, fireballs build up meter vary slowly, and can be rather easy to get in on.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Blah blah blah blah my name is Marty and I think I'm so cool cause I play street fighter and hang out with all the cool street fighter "european name for cigarettes" at east point.

Don't listen to THAT loser.

I should know because I play at east point meaning I'm right and you're wrong.

Plus I heard Marty likes real women and not little girls. I just don't trust him.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
so how's juri?
i enjoy her ability to jump to the opposite sides of opponents-easily spammed but i try not to, it 's punishable, and her damage is decent/good.

her kicks have good range and her 'spin kicks' cover a good amount of ground.
(i say her spin kicks bc i cant think of the real name)

but hey, im just a scrub;
maybe some pros can tell us a little more about juri and correct me on anything ive typed.

btw-im maining juri...im on Zero_Gamer and Derp's tag. haha, im their sister.

Purple

Hi guys!

Sagat is still good. His zoning is just un-rivaled, I mean, Whens the last time Sagat was Mid tier? ST:top HF:top SFA3:high CvS2:top.

And Cody's knife has always chipped. They're not trying to break Vega. He has the potential to **** this game, just like he does in EVERY other SF.
MID TIER IN SFA2 OH MY GOD CAN I PUNCH YOU REAL QUICK?

LEARN BEFORE YOU SPEAK

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
oh... I see...
haha, yeah, well i like SF, so im gonna keep playing...doesnt everyone start out a scrub?

i know my post was general, but im here to get the info i need to help me get better; maybe someone could add some things theyve noticed about juri that would be beneficial to both pros and scrubs.

DC

Smash Cadet
I have an announcement. I am going to buy SSFIV. Your brother Zero has been begging me to get the game.

I too, will start out as a scrub, but I hope we can learn a lot together, MLEsis!

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
hmm, that's cool, im under my bros gamertag-
XBL-- X_the_Derp

they attempt to keep me off it; theyre just threatened by the thought of a woman picking up skill...
men trying to break my "spirit," i think i can take it though--lol, women dont have spirits! :p

DC

Smash Cadet
Don't let them do that to you! Zero is probably still salty that I wreck his **** in BlazBlue and taking it out on others.

I'll play with you any time. ;D GT: DCXII

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Zero stays salty! nah, he's ok, he ***** me, but then he explains "see, what i did there..." im fine with it, builds up my fight...

i know you dont have it yet, but do you have an idea of who you'll main?
mine-Juri

ill see you online sometime ;)

DC

Smash Cadet
I was thinking Juri also, but it seems like everyone plays her.

So I'll probably go back to Sakura. (I played SFIV like once)

DC

Smash Cadet
Yeah pretty mad that they ****ed that one up.

I like how you have no problem with

whatever nevermind

DC

Smash Cadet
Zero when are you gonna invite me over anyways

We've been friends for so long.

Top Bottom