• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Hey though if those advanced tactics make it to brawl, what would we say about it then?

come up with a witty analogy Renth, before I lose respect for you =O

D

Deleted member

brawl is like your toilet overflowing so your whole house smells like piss.

(comparable to as long as brawl is being played)

Renth

Smash Hero
Hey though if those advanced tactics make it to brawl, what would we say about it then?

come up with a witty analogy Renth, before I lose respect for you =O
Then it'd be ******* on steroids pretending they are doing something right while throwing snowballs at the sun.

Renth

Smash Hero
NES n00b (2:12:10 AM): your thread might give barwl players an idea advertently ban something else
NES n00b (2:12:45 AM): they have been pretty ban happy lately
Renth13 (2:13:29 AM): LOL
Renth13 (2:14:10 AM): What are they going to ban camping? or throwing snow balls?
NES n00b (2:14:28 AM): ledge camping, but i am pretty
NES n00b (2:14:35 AM): sure the next thing they are going to ban
NES n00b (2:14:38 AM): is pressing b twice in a row
NES n00b (2:14:40 AM): with snake

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
NES n00b (2:12:10 AM): your thread might give barwl players an idea advertently ban something else
NES n00b (2:12:45 AM): they have been pretty ban happy lately
Renth13 (2:13:29 AM): LOL
Renth13 (2:14:10 AM): What are they going to ban camping? or throwing snow balls?
NES n00b (2:14:28 AM): ledge camping, but i am pretty
NES n00b (2:14:35 AM): sure the next thing they are going to ban
NES n00b (2:14:38 AM): is pressing b twice in a row
NES n00b (2:14:40 AM): with snake
Oh ****....I predict bleeding ******s are about to visit this thread.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Brawl is like a nuclear plant gone wrong. *asplosion*

Sudai

Stuff here
Brawl is like Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. Huge expectations of a great franchise, followed by the biggest downer since you found out that chick had mono.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Luckily for me that didn't really happen, I never got a Wii. I did get brawl, but I let my friend have it. Wow big ****ing waste of money I know. I thought I would be getting a Wii, but left it at my friends house and its been there for forever. lol

Nikz0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nik615
3DS FC
4468-0969-5023
Brawl is like Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. Huge expectations of a great franchise, followed by the biggest downer since you found out that chick had mono.
He... He just kept... He kept ****** it... Over and over again. And we did NOTHING! We RAN! Sakurai ***** Smash and we didn't do ANYTHING to help! *CRY*

No but really, I enjoy both. >.> *runs away*

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
I refrained from puttin' any of the usual hateful sentiments in this thread but something just happened about an hour ago that I need to share.

Sooo...I was in a study group tonight at a friend's place tonight and there was a nice european girl in our group of 4. After several hours, we decided to take a break. A neighbor of mine, Brendan, who is amazing at 64 booted up some brawl.
It took us a minute to find the wii mote. During this time, another room mate, Evan, asked if he could play, but we needed a fourth if we were going to do free-for-alls. We couldn't find one. By this time we were at the loading screen.
We were enveloped in a really tense silence, because Evan knew me and 64 kid were really good and wanted to play 1v1. Now we're around the 7th elipse at the loading screen... and around here Evan just quietly put down the controller and said "I'll let you two play" and goes talk to some people. I knew this third kid from high school and he's decent at smash but quit when I learned the basics. A really nice guy, who had been given the time to destroy his own self esteem before a game could load.

So we're playing 1v1 and I'm samus. Im zairing because he's spamming aerials with squirtle. A couple people stop by to watch, but after a couple zair-> hit by me or whiffed aerial-> backwards roll by him, they walk back to their rooms. The girl stops by and stands with her arms folded.

"After this game we need to go back and study"

"OK, right after this match" I said. I'm building percent with zairs/ftilts, but that was only after every obvious but only lightly punishable retreating roll or so...as long as I'm "earning my kill" I guess. 2 minutes had passed since the last stock and she gets up and walks out after the same 2 or 3 bread and butter moves were used over and over by both sides; both of us double-penetrating the air between us.

Brawl ruins friendships. Brawl does not perk interest in a crowd. There is no micro. There is no flash. You build up percent, and hit them off the stage.

I'm going back to study and rebuild my cred with that woman.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
I refrained from puttin' any of the usual hateful sentiments in this thread but something just happened about an hour ago that I need to share.

Sooo...I was in a study group tonight at a friend's place tonight and there was a nice european girl in our group of 4. After several hours, we decided to take a break. A neighbor of mine, Brendan, who is amazing at 64 booted up some brawl.
It took us a minute to find the wii mote. During this time, another room mate, Evan, asked if he could play, but we needed a fourth if we were going to do free-for-alls. We couldn't find one. By this time we were at the loading screen.
We were enveloped in a really tense silence, because Evan knew me and 64 kid were really good and wanted to play 1v1. Now we're around the 7th elipse at the loading screen... and around here Evan just quietly put down the controller and said "I'll let you two play" and goes talk to some people. I knew this third kid from high school and he's decent at smash but quit when I learned the basics. A really nice guy, who had been given the time to destroy his own self esteem before a game could load.

So we're playing 1v1 and I'm samus. Im zairing because he's spamming aerials with squirtle. A couple people stop by to watch, but after a couple zair-> hit by me or whiffed aerial-> backwards roll by him, they walk back to their rooms. The girl stops by and stands with her arms folded.

"After this game we need to go back and study"

"OK, right after this match" I said. I'm building percent with zairs/ftilts, but that was only after every obvious but only lightly punishable retreating roll or so...as long as I'm "earning my kill" I guess. 2 minutes had passed since the last stock and she gets up and walks out after the same 2 or 3 bread and butter moves were used over and over by both sides; both of us double-penetrating the air between us.

Brawl ruins friendships. Brawl does not perk interest in a crowd. There is no micro. There is no flash. You build up percent, and hit them off the stage.

I'm going back to study and rebuild my cred with that woman.
... and now I can talk to animals. It's really cool, but totally secret. And you know what? Life's never been the same.

Fishcake56

Smash Cadet
You did it wrong.

The girl would have stayed and watched with an amused smile had you:

A) Turned on coin match with items

and

B) Grabbed a smash ball while simultaneously yelling something about coins

because

C) Coin match is on a visble timer

and

D) D is for Dillhole.

The guy, Evan, was indeed a nice guy; nice enough to notice that you and Brendan wanted singles.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
Brawl really isn't THAT bad.

It's the community.

After every tourney there's something new they want to take out of the game. Or some ******** rule they want to integrate into the game.

Imagine if the Melee community was like the Brawl community.

We'd have no L cancel's or dash dancing because they make the game too fast for some people to keep up with or some sheet.

Fvcking Brawltards, lol.

(I wrote something really funny about Brawl and a certain female smasher, but i dont want her to read it and then I never get to fvck).

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Brawl really isn't THAT bad.

It's the community.

After every tourney there's something new they want to take out of the game. Or some ******** rule they want to integrate into the game.

Imagine if Melee was like that.

We'd have no L cancel's or dash dancing because they make the game too fast for some people to keep up with or some sheet.

Fvcking Brawltards, lol.

(I wrote something really funny about Brawl and a certain female smasher, but i dont want her to read it and then I never get to fvck).
lol, I hope this post wasn't serious.

-Kimo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom