• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Okay. Let me toss out a few more ideas.

View attachment 338085
Mouser, Bowser's right hand man in the original Mario cartoon.

View attachment 338086
Spike and Iggy, Koopa's cousins from the Super Mario Bros movie
(might need to give them a more cartoonish design though)

View attachment 338088
4 and 9. Two otherwise unnamed Koopa kids that appeared in one of the educational Mario games, Mario's Early Years
We don’t include content from outside the games unless for a VERY good reason. Two characters that no one knows about from a movie that tanked doesn’t cut it. While Mouser did appear in Super Mario Bros. 2, that probably wouldn’t cut it for an alt costume. And a total no on the unnamed Koopa kids from the Early Years game.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I feel like shoving any random Mario character in a clown car is just kinda tacky, I even think Boom Boom and Pom Pom are stretching it a little bit (but not that much). I think alts should be kept to Koopas only.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Alrighty then...Koopa Kid seems like a good option to represent Mario Party. And to be entirely fair, the Clown Car almost feels Mario Party-ish to me.

Since Darknut is winning the poll at the moment, Boom Boom and Pom Pom are also good candidates for alts.

Which leaves us with what our final alt will be. I'm gonna get really out there and say Fawful. He fits the proportions, and let's be honest, him piloting a vehicle like the Clown Car sounds pretty much like him. Besides, after what happened with AlphaDream, we need to throw their characters a bone.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Broodals have been in one game, also can't breath fire, AND have never been seen even close to a Clown Car, so you'd have to create something completely original for them, which defeats the whole purpose of this.
1. Have only been in one game, yes, but said game is the latest 3D Super Mario so they’re not a random one-off character. They also do fit the body type and appear as a team which puts them above average midbosses.

2. Haven’t been shown to breathe fire, but would actually fit the theme of them being entertainers at Bowser’s wedding with the flame spitting being a circus-y act. Alternatively, Spewart has been shown to spew poison so maybe that can be used for all of them.

3. I think a more metallic design with light-blue led lights would give the Clown Car a UFO-y feel which would be neat. The fact it would be uniform across four alts means it’s not a random one-off and would make it more like the “mass produced Koopaling version”. The Broodals are fought in a mech in Super Mario Odyssey, so it’s not the worst fit.

Personally, I prefer one of these options

• Bowser Jr. gets two alternate costumes. One with his Super Mario Sunshine mask and one with his New Super Mario Bros. mask up. Final two slots are palette swaps for each of these options.
  • The Broodals fill out the remaining alternate slots. Their Koopa Clown Car can get slight design changes to match the switch from Junior’s Clown Car to the mass-produced type the Koopalings use.
Bowser Jr. could also get regular palette swaps. One or both of the alternate costumes mentioned above could make it as part of these palette swaps (Like a blue palette swap giving him his Super Mario Sunshine mask, or a purple palette swap putting his regular ”teeth bib” over his face) The rest of the palette swaps are just Bowser Jr. getting different colors, but I just prefer the consistency of one swap an alt.

Alrighty then...Koopa Kid seems like a good option to represent Mario Party. And to be entirely fair, the Clown Car almost feels Mario Party-ish to me.

Since Darknut is winning the poll at the moment, Boom Boom and Pom Pom are also good candidates for alts.

Which leaves us with what our final alt will be. I'm gonna get really out there and say Fawful. He fits the proportions, and let's be honest, him piloting a vehicle like the Clown Car sounds pretty much like him. Besides, after what happened with AlphaDream, we need to throw their characters a bone.
If this is the road we’re going, I’m voting for

1. Boom Boom
2. Pom Pom
3. Koopa Troopa
4. Dry Bones

Koopa Troopa is a mainstay in Mario Kart and spin-offs and sticks close to the Koopa Troop theme while giving it a Mario Maker-minion vibe (with Mario Maker 2 even having Koopas drive cars as a seperate enemy). Dry Bones is there to provide duality with Koopa Troopa and his kart in Mario Kart DS was a tank, so I think the full-artillery vibe goes well with him.

Of course, if Sunshine Bandana and Teeth Bandana worn as face masks count as alts then you can add those to Boom Boom and Pom Pom if minions are a bridge too far but I think Koopa Troopa and Dry Bones fit the mold enough to work.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I did the only logical thing... made a robot write the sakurai letter. The website is https://app.inferkit.com/demo

Letter from Masahiro Sakurai

"I can't believe me and the guys over at Smashboards were able to create Super Smash Bros. Infinite. It was a dream for us to create a game like this that the fans would enjoy. What's happened so far has already been quite the surprise, but we still have a lot of surprises in store."

"Smashboards has a ton of talented readers with very very hard working editors. As you may be able to tell, Smashboards is running really, really lean. One single editor can edit and post 2-3 articles a day. It takes around 6 hours to create one of these posts, and it really does mean a lot that you guys spend so much of your time reading our article. I believe you're doing the same for them. You guys are part of the reason I'm able to create Smash Bros. Infinite. I truly am grateful."

"Here's some juicy information from behind the scenes. Originally, Metroid was in Super Smash Bros. 4. An IGN piece from last year, stated Metroid was going to be in Smash 4. However, the team who did the Metroid title didn't get the time they needed to complete it. Unfortunately, I can't say more than that."

"An early idea we had for the game was to have it on Nintendo Switch, but we ultimately opted not to do it. Another idea I can't discuss in this particular piece, but I can talk about something else..."

"A HUGE reason the team was able to make such a fantastic game in such a short amount of time is the fact that my staff writes constantly. We're making lists, checking lists, and we're pretty much taking note every second of our lives."

"I mentioned earlier that the list of what makes Super Smash Bros. so special is endless. I could give you a long list here to help explain why the game is so amazing. Even when the list gets boring, it never gets old to watch a newer fans try to explain Super Smash Bros. to someone who has never heard of it."

"I'd have to say that we are probably the biggest HENkaku (Hybrid Entertainment Network) in the world! If it's not that, then it's one of the largest sites that is trying to compare Super Smash Bros. with titles like Fire Emblem, Assassin's Creed, Saints Row and Zelda...I have tons of fan art floating around my desktop. I am constantly trying to figure out what I can do for my website's fans that they haven't seen yet."

Here is a short letter from Smashboards user M Mezz . He had a major role in making Super Smash Bros. Infinite

"I'm Mezz, and I'm the editor of Smashboards. I'm also a member of the Super Smash Bros. team. I'm not a writer, but I do edit the site and post articles. I also do a lot of other things for the site. I help out with tournament run by Crash Tournaments (EL7) on the scambui states (I arrive at 03/27hEM LONG WEEKENDEEEEEE!!!!). I help out with sponsors tie perosnal Help Them DH THUMP"

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, it's just a texture swap - if his Bandana was over his face I'd kinda understand (even if it's nowhere as big a difference as the ones you mentioned), but the mod you linked is just a texture swap.
Those were ideas to showcase what they would look like. As for Bandana Jr, they handkerchief would be brought around the face obviously. While borderline, it would be considered an alternate costume at it switches out the model.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Those were ideas to showcase what they would look like. As for Bandana Jr, they handkerchief would be brought around the face obviously. While borderline, it would be considered an alternate costume at it switches out the model.
Plus, you can always change up the Clown Car with like paint splatters on it or use the orangey Fire Clown Car from Super Mario Maker 2 to match with the firey orange brush he would use for his hammer attacks with it so it feels more elevated to an alternate costume, if that’s a concern.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of the Mii costume voting!

Name3 points2 points1 pointTotal
Muddy Mole2 (6)017
Mike Jones01 (2)13
Euden3 (9009
Adeleine03 (6)17
Jody Summers01 (2)24

Name2 points1 Pointtotal
Penny3 (6)06
Alexandra022
Susie2 (4)15
Mach Rider000
Wild Gunman022

We will be include both Euden and Penny for our Mii Costumes!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I know we have been busy discussing Juniorgate and what these alternate costumes could entail but please remember that SmashSpace and The Collector’s Edition jobs are open!

Here’s what we have thus far
Job 217

Ramen Cart

The Social History of Ramen

Job 218

Collector's Item:

A Smash Ball Trophy with a CD player built into it. Putting in a CD like the soundtrack that comes with the package causes an RGB LED inside the Smash Ball to sync up to the music.

Artwork:

This piece of Art would be a lineup of all the characters in the base game of Infinite but all the character artwork is done in the art style of their original series with their name and debut game underneath it.

Soundtrack:
1. Battle Scene/Final Boss - Golden Sun
2. Main Theme (Crash Bandicoot)
3. Title Theme (Style Savvy)
4. Final Remix
5. The One Who Survives
6. The Mysterious Murasame Castle Medley
7. Eternal Shrine Maiden (Remix)
8. Savior
9. Zombies On Your Lawn
10. Sami's Theme
11. Warrior from Another World
12. Waluigi's Island
13. Body Rock
14. Medusa’s Final Battle
15. Treasure Town
16. Fly Octo Fly
17. Death Egg Robot
18. Ballad Of The Wind Fish
19. Stormy Saxophone 5
20. Return To Nifl
21. Super Smash Bros. Infinite Main Theme <--- The theming is Perfect if you allow 1 more song but if you don't want to change the rules then remove this one.

Letter From Sakurai:

1. Koopa Kid
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???
Job 217:
Samurai's Armor

The Armor hangs on Armor stand and it's based on Samurai armors from Japan's 16th Century (More historic references!)
If you interact with it, you can look at it's details.

Job 218:
SUPER SMASH BROS. INFINITE SWITCH PACK!
It contains:
  • Physical Copy of Smash infinite
  • Nintendo Switch with Smash Infinite skin
  • NS Pro Controller with Smash skin
  • Gamecube Controller based on Smash Infinite
  • Fighter Pass 1 by default
  • Smash Infinite Switch case

Other stuff:
  • Smash Infinite Soundtrack pack (with all songs, including DLC Songs) (In Vinyl form or Casette form)
  • Smash Bros. Infinite Artwork Book (With Game artworks and concepts arts for the Game
  • Isaac, Crash, Waluigi and Crazy Dave default amiibo pack
  • Poster of Smash Infinite Mural with all base roster characters
  • Sakurai's photo with Autograph
  • Official Smash invitations that act like Mail

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Okay, I’ve narrowed my Juniorgate list down to these options, provided we’re doing all alternate costumes

1. The Broodals fill up the last four slots. I still really like this idea since there are exactly four of them to round out the alts in a nice, cohesive way and would give us ample opportunities to give a slight UFO-y redesign to the Clown Cars they use. Super Mario Odyssey is still the most recent 3D Mario game and the Broodals fight in a mech in that game too, so I feel they perfectly fit the zany and bratty vibe of the Clown Car and its moveset as the new take on Bowser’s henchmen. Still, the only reason I‘m really going for it is because they’re the exact number we need and adding too many seperate characters beyond the established group of Bowser Jr. + Koopalings would devalue the moveset imo. Adding a similar established group would keep the cohesion and provide a neat balanced alternative to the Koopalings.

2. Boom Boom & Pom Pom join, with the last two slots being Bowser Jr. (Sunshine Form) with his Sunshine Bandana on his face in a Fire Junior Clown Car with orange paint splatters (or even a little M on the side or a mustache drawn on the car’s face) and Bowser Jr. (Paint Form) with his teeth bandana used aa face mask with rainbow splatters on his Clown Kart (or even a funny drawing) to give him a graffiti vandalist vibe.

I think this choice give Bowser Jr. the Sunshine flair that was so beloved and got complaints from people who don’t like his Clown Car set and would shaft Bowser Jr. less in his own slot. I think it’s fair to quit while we’re ahead with adding characters after Boom Boom & Pom Pom: Other options can’t fit the mold as well, are a step down from the characters present and would make the Cart set feel even more random than it already is. Lack of creativity doesn‘t have to be an issue if we can decal the kart itself too.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
SmashSpace Item

Kabuki Masks
A staple in Japanese performance and tradition the design is inspired by various depiction of a tengu, kabuki performer, and many more from the last decade. when interacted you can wear them on your face for a few second.​

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #219: Please submit Masterpieces

We included Masterpieces before but we will expand our list a little bit. Please provide what game that the masterpiece belongs to, what segment of the game the masterpiece focuses on, the duration of the masterpiece, and why it should be included.

Here is our current list:
  1. Super Smash Bros. 64
  2. Super Mario 64
  3. Wario Land
  4. Pokémon Red & Blue
  5. Fire Emblem: Genealogies of War
  6. Pac-Land
  7. Castlevania Rondo of Blood
  8. Revelations Persona
  9. Dragon Quest III
  10. Banjo-Kazooie
  11. Fatal Fury Special
Please only franchises that’s repped by a character.

Alt Costume Job: Submit Alternate Costumes for Bowser Jr and the Koopalings

This indeed turned rather heated hut thankfully there wasn’t any paintslinging during it. Juniorgate turned out to be one of our biggest discussions though! So we will be submitting alternate costumes for Bowser Jr to join the him and the Koopalings. The idea is to include four additional costumes that is based on the baddies of the Mario franchise with the focus on including a character that generally fits the same form and design of the Koopas. An alternate costume is something that changes the appearance of Bowser Jr without it being a standard color swap.

If you are unsure if one can be accepted, please contact one of the leadership team members. I’ll largely be MIA due to work but please reach out to Krookodilian Krookodilian , Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto , airConditioner airConditioner or Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku via ping

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, I've never submitted an alt before, but I'm gonna try now:

Alt Costume: Fawful
MLSS+BM_Art_-_Fawful.png

Fawful is a major character in the Mario & Luigi franchise, being a recurring antagonist in the series. It may require a little tweaking, but I think we can make him work as a Bowser Jr. Alt, as he's of a similar stature to the son of the Koopa King. His version of the Koopa Clown Car, however, would DEFINETLY need to be redesigned to better fit his style.

(Um, since this is my first time submitting an alt, can one of the team let me know if I did it right?)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 219:
1637287580477.png

Touhou Koumakyou ~ the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil:
For the first time in history, the Touhou SHMUPs make their debut on Nintendo platforms with the game entry that put Touhou on the map and started a beautiful legacy. You pick from either Reimu or Marisa and can play until either Meiling is beaten, much like how many Touhou demos last until Stage 3, or until 5 minutes have passed.

Alt Costume:
1637288215949.png

Koopa Kid
Koopa Kid can be considered the "precursor" to Bowser Jr., as he made his debut in Mario Party in 1997 and has made consistent appearances until Mario Party 7 in 2005, with box art appearances on the box art of Mario Party: The Top 100 and the recent Mario Party Superstars. Because he's Bowser Jr's predecessor, the Clown Car won't have many changes from Bowser Jr's.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
COOL ALT: IT'S ME SPAMTON G SPAMTON
spamtonmobile.png

HOLY [Cungadero]] , YOU WOULDN'T BELIVE WHAT PEOPLE [[Abandoned...]]! THIS OLD BABY MIGHT BE A LITTLE [[Sent to the Junkyard]], BUT IT'S MY TICKET TO BEING A BIG SHOT! THE RUST IS [[Ornate Decoration!]]. INSTEAD OF A HAMMER, U'LL USE MY TRUSTY [["THE BIG ONE"]]. YOU MIGHT BE THINKING "WOW MR. BIG SHOT. YOU AREN'T [[King Koopa and his Minions!]]. TO THAT I SAY [[www.youtube/watch?v=SI5bkZcgvP0]]. I DON'T NEED HIM. ONCE I BECOME [[Banned in Multiple States]], HE'LL BE GROVELLING AT MY [[Buy One get One Free!]] Shoes! HaHAHHA=H=HASHA

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
View attachment 338144
HOLY [Cungadero]] , YOU WOULDN'T BELIVE WHAT PEOPLE [[Abandoned...]]! THIS OLD BABY MIGHT BE A LITTLE [[Sent to the Junkyard]], BUT IT'S MY TICKET TO BEING A BIG SHOT! THE RUST IS [[Ornate Decoration!]]. INSTEAD OF A HAMMER, U'LL USE MY TRUSTY [["THE BIG ONE"]]. YOU MIGHT BE THINKING "WOW MR. BIG SHOT. YOU AREN'T [[King Koopa and his Minions!]]. TO THAT I SAY [[www.youtube/watch?v=SI5bkZcgvP0]]. I DON'T NEED HIM. ONCE I BECOME [[Banned in Multiple States]], HE'LL BE GROVELLING AT MY [[Buy One get One Free!]] Shoes! HaHAHHA=H=HASHA

Maybe we should wait until DLC...

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I think he was talking about that Spamton submission.
Is it really? I mean he is the most vocal when it comes to the vote and try to convince everyone to do the opposite when it's too late and he barely contribute on suggesting which character fits to be an alt costume with the correlation between the Twitter vote seemingly fit as it is as controversial, or so he thought. Or I'm just reading this way too deep.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Bowser Jr. Alt: Nabbit (Purple)

Nabbit is one of the most recent recurring members of the Mario cast, and I believe he can fill one of the four Bowser Jr. alts exceptionally well. To start with a point which I think is crucial, yet doesn't apply to most submissions, Nabbit is a recurring individual Mario character in the mainline Mario series. Playable in 2 mainline 2D Mario games, as well as multiple spin offs, Nabbit's now a cemented part of the Mario universe. He's not a generic enemy, nor a character regulated to spin offs, nor a character which has been retired. Additionally, he's got a decent reason to be in a clown car. Nabbit's whole shtick is stealing items, so just on a surface level stealing a clown car and a hammer fits well enough for him. Furthermore, Nabbit's operated a clown car before in the final boss battle of Super Mario Bros U against Bowser. That's about the extent of his canon relation's with a clown car, but there are some fanon reasons to put him in a clown car too. Nabbit's stature, mischievous nature, and mask are all eeriely similar to Bowser Jr, sparking fan theories claiming they were the same character. While this has yet to be proven, and they have since both appeared at the same time in the same room, the similarities remain, which helps in terms of fitting as a model swap, both logistically and conceptually. Also none of the koopalings are purple so the lack of a purple bowser jr. alt needs to be rectified asap.

He's got a lot of pros in his favor, so I'll try to address some of the potential cons as well. To start with the most obvious, he's not a koopa. While he himself is not a koopa, he does serve a similar function to the rest of the Koopalings in NSMBU. The Koopaling's appear once per world, hindering the player's progress, just like Nabbit. Nabbit's somewhat of an enigmatic character himself, appearing mysteriously in the background of all the endings and credits in NSMBU, so him sticking out a little is fitting. Not to mention all the similarities to Bowser Jr. I mentioned earlier, nor his disposition for stealing, which works for both a clown car and a smash invite. One aspect which would definitely need to be changed is the fire breath taunt. However, given that Male and Female Byleth have entirely different up taunts, simply removing the fire from the taunt seems within the realm of possibility. His stage hazard also presents an issue, and while Chrom and Knuckles show that the same character can be on screen twice at the same time, the cameo can simply be removed if that presents a large enough issue.​

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
View attachment 338144
Just Imagined, The Auditions for Different Alternate Costumes for Bowser Jr. are currently running all Mario Characters and Others are casting their inclusions to audition, The Lights Stop for a moment then suddenly, a familiar theme song starts playing around the gym then a old 3D model of the clown car pops up, as the music gets past the first point of the beginning, A Handsome White & Black Puppet jumps on out then lands his feet on the sides revealing himself to the be a washup star chaser from the dumps who's willing to get into this game as a costume to make it Big.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Spamton G. Spamton and Ryo are way to big brain alts to include. It would break the game.

Bandana Junior

While not the most exciting, I think this is the most sensible and accurate one. While the picture depicts bsbadava brinh worn around the neck, it would cover Junior’s face. Somehow it doesn’t burn up during his taunt.

Job about masterpieces:
Star Fox (SNES)

It starts at Corneria and lasts 5 minutes.
(If you beat it quickly, you can fight with Attack Carrier)

Bowser Jr. Alt:
Topper (Dark Green)

The Clown car could be Dark green & Gray and it won't be confused with Iggy. Instead of Bowser Jr. we have Broodal named Topper.

I nominate Star Fox masterpiece, because it would cool if we implemented demo of Star Fox SNES.
I nominate Topper as Bowser Jr. Alt., because Broodals and Koopalings are similar, so Topper could fit in Clown Car, since he could Mario Odyssey rep and cool Inclusion of Alternate Costume Fighter, since we never had a Broodal Playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom