• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 217:
1637202312975.png

Nagashi-Sōmen:
Literally translating to "flowing noodles", nagashi-sōmen is known from a summertime attraction in Tōsenkyō where people serve themselves from a continuously flowing river of noodles, which often uses bamboo like in the picture. In the SmashSpace, this is an item that spans the entire width of the room and can only be placed along the wall. Interacting with the nagashi-sōmen has you serve yourself and happily dine on some noodles.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 217

Ramen Cart

The Social History of Ramen

Job 218

Collector's Item:

A Smash Ball Trophy with a CD player built into it. Putting in a CD like the soundtrack that comes with the package causes an RGB LED inside the Smash Ball to sync up to the music.

Artwork:

This piece of Art would be a lineup of all the characters in the base game of Infinite but all the character artwork is done in the art style of their original series with their name and debut game underneath it.

Soundtrack:
1. Battle Scene/Final Boss - Golden Sun
2. Main Theme (Crash Bandicoot)
3. Title Theme (Style Savvy)
4. Final Remix
5. The One Who Survives
6. The Mysterious Murasame Castle Medley
7. Eternal Shrine Maiden (Remix)
8. Savior
9. Zombies On Your Lawn
10. Sami's Theme
11. Warrior from Another World
12. Waluigi's Island
13. Body Rock
14. Medusa’s Final Battle
15. Treasure Town
16. Fly Octo Fly
17. Death Egg Robot
18. Ballad Of The Wind Fish
19. Stormy Saxophone 5
20. Return To Nifl
21. Super Smash Bros. Infinite Main Theme <--- The theming is Perfect if you allow 1 more song but if you don't want to change the rules then remove this one.

Letter From Sakurai:

Thank You for Purchasing Super Smash Bros. Infinite, I never thought the day would come when a game would surpass Ultimate, Much less has me as a part of it. I hope you enjoy this game that has been decades in the making and truly is the ultimate battle.

Masahiro Sakurai.
With Boom Boom gone and Pom Pom looking awkward without her boyfriend, find me four suitable clown car riders that don't somehow feel forced as alts and I'll give you 2 dollars and 37 cents in CAD.
1. Koopa Kid
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Job 217

Ramen Cart

The Social History of Ramen

Job 218

Collector's Item:

A Smash Ball Trophy with a CD player built into it. Putting in a CD like the soundtrack that comes with the package causes an RGB LED inside the Smash Ball to sync up to the music.

Artwork:

This piece of Art would be a lineup of all the characters in the base game of Infinite but all the character artwork is done in the art style of their original series with their name and debut game underneath it.

Soundtrack:
1. Battle Scene/Final Boss - Golden Sun
2. Main Theme (Crash Bandicoot)
3. Title Theme (Style Savvy)
4. Final Remix
5. The One Who Survives
6. The Mysterious Murasame Castle Medley
7. Eternal Shrine Maiden (Remix)
8. Savior
9. Zombies On Your Lawn
10. Sami's Theme
11. Warrior from Another World
12. Waluigi's Island
13. Body Rock
14. Medusa’s Final Battle
15. Treasure Town
16. Fly Octo Fly
17. Death Egg Robot
18. Ballad Of The Wind Fish
19. Stormy Saxophone 5
20. Return To Nifl
21. Super Smash Bros. Infinite Main Theme <--- The theming is Perfect if you allow 1 more song but if you don't want to change the rules then remove this one.

Letter From Sakurai:

1. Koopa Kid
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???
Wait a minute, Koopa Kid had clones of himself in one of the games!

1. Koopa Kid
2. B. Koopa Kid
3. G. Koopa Kid
4. R. Koopa Kid

We can do both! It was right in front of us the whole time!

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Pom Pom without Boom Boom has happened in Mario Party but y'all really just had to make the perfect storm of bad decisions while I was out lol.

Your viable options here are Pom Pom, Koopa Kid and Baby Bowser, none of which are unappealing alts. Koopa Kid is a biiit of a retired character and he's frankly been replaced by Bowser Jr. in the remakes but let's assume Sakurai adds this as a cute little bonus alt so it passes the Wahoominati? What fourth option makes sense? We're really scratching bottom barrel after Koopa Kid. We could add a generic Koopa sure but what business does a Koopa have being in a clown car (Mario Maker's canonicity is debatable)

The clown car is something that seems dedicated to Bowser's higher ranking minions so... Unless we wanna undo Boom Boom being a boss, I just see stretches from here on out.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Bowser Jr.'s alts have been something I've thought about ever since we started the alt process, and theres no easy answer. Adding 4 palettes for Jr. seems like the easiest option, but then it just seems a little strange that he has 7 other alts and 4 regular colors. That leaves Four new characters as seemingly the only other option, although finding 4 more characters that work with the same rig and are fitting for smash is tough. That being said, I'll share my thoughts on what I view to be the possible candidates.

Boom Boom & Pom Pom
Just like the koopalings, these guys are recurring mini bosses with koopa anatomy. Boom Boom even debuted in SMB3 alongside the koopalings, although Pom Pom wouldn't debut until Super Mario 3D Land. Seems to be the most obvious choices. Boom Boom's proportions are quite different to Jr., although that didn't stop Iggy. Pom Pom is also not the most important Mario character, but it would be weird to have Boom Boom without her, and we're nearing the bottom of the barrel anyway.

Baby Bowser

Being essentially the original Jr. Bowser, Baby Bowser seems to make sense at first. However, I'm not in favor of him for a couple reasons. For one, his modern design is almost identical to Jr's. While his original design does look at least noticeably different, this design existed before Bowser Jr. even existed, so its clear that his design has evolved to match Jr's. That reason alone puts me off the idea of him, but the main villain of the Yoshi series being relegated to an alt of a mario character inside a vehicle which he never uses also seems very strange. So while the rig would definitely work, the similarity and status as a Yoshi series character makes him a lot less appealing imo.

Nabbit

Debuting in New Super Mario Bros. U, Nabbit is one of the most recent additions to the recurring mario character lineup. While he doesn't serve bowser, he is in opposition to Mario, as he steals the items from various toad houses multiple times throughout the game resulting in chases. This role puts him at about the same relevance as one of the koopalings within the game itself, although Nabbit's role would continue to evolve. Since Mario was excluded from New Super Luigi Bros. U, Nabbit took his role as the fourth playable character, skyrocketing him to a role which is more than the other Purple Mario character we've added can claim to have had. While this doesn't neccesarily make him more important to the Mario universe than the aforementioned character, it does cement him as an important part of the Mario universe. His relevance is further supported by his smash 4 & Ultimate cameos, playable appearances in Mario Golf: World Tour, Mario Kart Tour, Dr. Mario World, Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympics 2016, and Bowser Jr.'s Journey, as well as having a Nintendo Switch profile icon ,an enemy reference in Star Fox Guard, and replacing the Killer Rabbit in the Mario Minecraft Mashup.

Admittedly I am quite biased in favor of Nabbit as he is one of if not my favorite Mario character, but I think he fits quite well here, and was a popular mod for Bowser Jr. in Smash 4. His role in the New Soup games are similar to that of the koopalings, he's known for stealing items (he steals the clown car to get in to smash), and even has a bandana extremely similar to Jr's for some unexplained reason.

Koopa Kid

I do not like the Koopa Kids. I mentioned Nabbit being probably my Favorite mario character, but Bowser Jr. is in a close second. Koopa Kid is the inferior version of Bowser Jr. He exists solely within the Mario Party series, and hasn't made an appearance since Mario Party 7. He's pretty much retired at this point, with remade versions of old mario party minigames featuring Koopa Kid being replaced by Bowser Jr. instead. He's not even a spirit in Ultimate, so jumping straight to a playable appearance seems unlikely. While his default, green, red, and blue variations being the 4 new alts would make this considerably easier, I think we can do better.

Tatanga

Tatanga is thrown around as an idea for a Bowser Jr. alt quite frequently, although Im not a fan of the idea. Tatanga has never been in a clown car, and would need an entirely new 3D model to be constructed for him, as he's only ever appeared on a gameboy screen and in official art. Tatanga is also extremely obscure, only gaining some relevance after being included as a spirit in Ultimate which I think is a perfectly fine role for him.

Generic Enemy

I guess the proportions would work.... but Piranha Plant more than fills this tiny niche already, and none of them have much business being in a clown car.

Bowser Jr. Alt

While I think Boom Boom, Pom Pom, and Nabbit work pretty well for the first three alts, I have trouble finding a fitting 4th character. given Jr. is already shafted in the alt department compared to every other fighter, I dont think it would be too unreasonable to give him an alt costume instead of a 4th character. Options include a Shadow, Dry, or Cat variants, or my favorite, either his sunshine mask or new soup mask lifted over his mouth. With the Sunshine mask we could even replace all the hammer attacks with paintbrush swipes.

So in Conclusion, I believe Boom Boom, Pom Pom, Nabbit, and a Masked Jr. to be the best path to take. However if a consensus can't be reached I would be fine switching back to 4 recolors since the votes were pretty close anyway.

This was written before Boom Boom, and likely Pom Pom too, were killed :(

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I like the idea of one of them being a literal definition of a custome for Bowser Jr. like the aforementioned Sunshine mask, although I'll probably add more.
Lakitu

Actually, I do wonder if he count as a generic enemy or way past that given that he play in various role like being a cameraman and a referee, basically playing a major supporting role and in Smash 4 he even become an Assist Trophy albeit in sprite form. He also has his signature cloud which he uses to fly around so it isn't a stretch to place him on the Clown Car as it is also a flying vehicle. At first I was pondering if him showing his leg would be a little bit weird then I remember he was playable in Mario Kart in which his feet were exposed.
So narrowing it down the costume can be:
  • Pom Pom (the unofficial member of the Koopaling family)​
  • Nabbit (a rising star in terms of being introduce in a 3D game)​
  • Lakitu (holds major supporting role that eclipses beyond just another generic mook + cloud = clown car)​
  • Jr. Costume​

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I like the idea of one of them being a literal definition of a custome for Bowser Jr. like the aforementioned Sunshine mask, although I'll probably add more.
Lakitu

Actually, I do wonder if he count as a generic enemy or way past that given that he play in various role like being a cameraman and a referee, basically playing a major supporting role and in Smash 4 he even become an Assist Trophy albeit in sprite form. He also has his signature cloud which he uses to fly around so it isn't a stretch to place him on the Clown Car as it is also a flying vehicle. At first I was pondering if him showing his leg would be a little bit weird then I remember he was playable in Mario Kart in which his feet were exposed.
So narrowing it down the costume can be:
  • Pom Pom​
  • Nabbit​
  • Lakitu​
  • Jr. Costume​
Technically, the red shelled Lakitu from Mario Kart is considered a unique character apparently...

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Can’t we just pick four Broodals with a moon-esque almost mime version of the Clown Car? Would keep the cohesion while giving us four new characters. Will give my more…ahem….creative solutions later.

EDIT: There’s exactly four Broodals too, so you don’t run the risk of keeping one of them out when their sibs got in.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Can’t we just pick four Broodals with a moon-esque almost mime version of the Clown Car? Would keep the cohesion while giving us four new characters. Will give my more…ahem….creative solutions later.
Well, that could actually work, we have 4 slot and there's 4 Broodals just like how there's 7 slot left for Jr's alt that the 7 Koopaling luckily fit.

I honestly like this idea way more than just randomly select unrelated character for an alt that mostly play in cohesion. But, I'm not against the latter.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Well, that could actually work, we have 4 slot and there's 4 Broodals just like how there's 7 slot left for Jr's alt that the 7 Koopaling luckily fit.

I honestly like this idea way more than just randomly select unrelated character for an alt that mostly play in cohesion. But, I'm not against the latter.
Plus, they’re high-ranking Bowser minions from a 3D Mario Game that act as mini-bosses so they’re as close to the Koopalings as one can get and pretty well-known on their own.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Honestly at this point we should just give Bowser Jr. extra alts so every Koopaling and Jr. himself get one alt, so we can avoid this stupid fiasco of trying to pull picks out of the ass bottom of the scraped-dry barrel. Every other character who has alt characters gives them at least two alts anyway, and it's not like Smash hasn't done it before (Little Mac in Smash 4, Wario in Brawl)

Boom-Boom and Pom Pom, and maybe Koopa Kid are about the only characters that could reasonably fit with the way Jr.'s included as it is. Nabbit can't breathe fire so you'd have to change a taunt animation for him (and he doesn't fit the body type either), and the Broodals have been in one game, also can't breath fire, AND have never been seen even close to a Clown Car, so you'd have to create something completely original for them, which defeats the whole purpose of this.

Honestly, considering Darknut and Boom-Boom were literally a single vote apart, why don't we just vote on whether we'd like to see Boom-Boom as an alt or a miniboss. If alt wins, Darknut gets to be the mini-boss instead.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Honestly at this point we should just give Bowser Jr. extra alts so every Koopaling and Jr. himself get one alt, because we avoid this stupid fiasco of trying to pull picks out of the ass-bottom of the scraped-dry barrel.
If the poll specifically asked this I pick this no problem, it's cohesive and everything gets an equal amount of attention or heck if we still want to keep the 4 costume rules per character at least spread it out and not just have Jr. be the one that gets all of it.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Plus, they’re high-ranking Bowser minions from a 3D Mario Game that act as mini-bosses so they’re as close to the Koopalings as one can get and pretty well-known on their own.
My only concern is that big guy in the back.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
To me, we have these Options

Palette Swaps (Bowser Jr. exclusive)
Bowser Jr. gets four pure palette swaps like his dad.

2. Palette Swaps (Spread)
We choose 4 Koopas to get an extra alt. Thing is it’s very hard to quantify which Koopalings would get the honor

3. Palette Swaps (Wario)
All Koopalings and Bowser Jr. get exactly one alt

4. Palette Swap/Alternate (Wii Fit Model)
Bowser Jr. gets two alternate costumes (Sunshine Bib Up and Regular Bib Up) and a palette swap for each

5. Alternate Costumes (Broodals)
The Broodals fill up the rest of the slots

6. Alternate Costumes (Random)
We get four extra alts based on submissions regardless of consistency or coherence

7. Alternate Costumes (Boom Boom/Pom Pom + Sunshine Mask + Bib Up)
Adding consistency, the added alternate costumes are a bit more cohesive and all based on minibosses

8. Alternate Costumes (Koopa Kid + Koopa Kid Clones)
Fit four exactly

And some highly unlikely options
9. Alternate Costumes (Koopa)
Four minions from the Koopa Army are picked. Less random and does keep some consistency by picking Hammer Bro., Lakitu, Koopa Troopa etc. as Koopa-options

10. Alternate Costumes (Bro. Style)
Hammer Bro., Boomerang Bro., Fire Bro. and Sumo Bro. are added. Not preferred but an option or something.

My only concern is that big guy in the back.

77E902F0-C270-4B09-BF6E-E8A9A6E82D77.jpeg

The size differences between the Koopalings are no joke either. Iggy especially is pretty lanky like Rango is.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
To me, we have these Options

Palette Swaps (Bowser Jr. exclusive)
Bowser Jr. gets four pure palette swaps like his dad.

2. Palette Swaps (Spread)
We choose 4 Koopas to get an extra alt. Thing is it’s very hard to quantify which Koopalings would get the honor

3. Palette Swaps (Wario)
All Koopalings and Bowser Jr. get exactly one alt

4. Palette Swap/Alternate (Wii Fit Model)
Bowser Jr. gets two alternate costumes (Sunshine Bib Up and Regular Bib Up) and a palette swap for each

5. Alternate Costumes (Broodals)
The Broodals fill up the rest of the slots

6. Alternate Costumes (Random)
We get four extra alts based on submissions regardless of consistency or coherence

7. Alternate Costumes (Boom Boom/Pom Pom + Sunshine Mask + Bib Up)
Adding consistency, the added alternate costumes are a bit more cohesive and all based on minibosses

View attachment 338031

The size differences between the Koopalings are no joke either. Iggy especially is pretty lanky like Rango is.
If I was allowed to, I would go with number 7 and retract the winner for the Mini-bosses and go with the runner up which was Darknut who lost by one point.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
If I was allowed to, I would go with number 7 and retract the winner for the Mini-bosses and go with the runner up which was Darknut who lost by one point.
I think freeing up Boom Boom for an alt slot (and very much Pom Pom by extension) would indeed help a lot to keep the consistency and coherence that Bowser Jr. + Koopalings established, which is something that people seem to agree on is both important and hard to do even with Boom Boom + Pom Pom.

Job 217:
Samurai's Armor

The Armor hangs on Armor stand and it's based on Samurai armors from Japan's 16th Century (More historic references!)
If you interact with it, you can look at it's details.

Job 218:
SUPER SMASH BROS. INFINITE SWITCH PACK!
It contains:
  • Physical Copy of Smash infinite
  • Nintendo Switch with Smash Infinite skin
  • NS Pro Controller with Smash skin
  • Gamecube Controller based on Smash Infinite
  • Fighter Pass 1 by default
  • Smash Infinite Switch case

Other stuff:
  • Smash Infinite Soundtrack pack (with all songs, including DLC Songs) (In Vinyl form or Casette form)
  • Smash Bros. Infinite Artwork Book (With Game artworks and concepts arts for the Game
  • Isaac, Crash, Waluigi and Crazy Dave default amiibo pack
  • Poster of Smash Infinite Mural with all base roster characters
  • Sakurai's photo with Autograph
  • Official Smash invitations that act like Mail

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Let us vote on whether we'd rather see him as a costume or miniboss. He literally had one vote more than Darknut and frankly I'd retract my vote if I could

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 218:

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Great Fray Bundle:

Content Includes:
-A copy of Super Smash Bros. Infinite!
-A Nintendo Blossm console with a Smash Infinite theme!
-A Nintendo Blossm Pro controller with a Smash Infinite theme!
-The first wave of DLC fighters!

Special Content Includes:
-A library of Super Smash Bros. Infinite: Wishing Stars comics penned and drawn by Dark Horse Comics!
-An Assist Trophy Bluetooth Speaker! Play certain songs on it to display an Assist Trophy that you can summon in Smash Infinite!
-A disc for "Touhou Dairantou ~ Radiance of Chromatic Cross", the fully-endorsed Touhou Project video game by ZUN featuring characters from the Super Smash Bros. Series!
-An official Super Smash Bros. Infinite mural featuring the magical selection of fighters throughout the decades!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So this took like 2 and a half week when typically it would take me a few days. My free time has basically non-existent but I did manage to fart this one out. Enjoy!

Takamaru1.png

White`
Takamaru2.png

Black
Takamaru3.png

Orange
Takamaru4.png

Red
Takamar5.png

Teal
Takamaru6.png

Green
Takamaru7.png

Pink
Takamaru8.png

Dark Blue
Takamaru9.png

Magenta
Takamaru10.png

Brown
Takamaru11.png

Blue
Takamaru12.png

Purple

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Again, Shadow Mario seems like a good alternate costume for Bowser Jr. It's literally Bowser Jr's disguise in Mario Sunshine and he already has a model in Smash! Of course it would make sense for Shadow Mario to make it in!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Let’s try to keep the ideas reasonable and realizable. E. Gadd wouldn’t fit the bill as it doesn’t jive with the whole Bowser Jr and Koopalings theme. Goomba wouldn’t work as it does fit with the whole model rigging and body forms. I mean, can they wield the hammer with their legs? I don’t think so.

Let’s try to keep the ideas reasonable and realizable. E. Gadd wouldn’t fit the bill as it doesn’t jive with the whole Bowser Jr and Koopalings theme. Goomba wouldn’t work as it does fit with the whole model rigging and body forms. I mean, can they wield the hammer with their legs? I don’t think so.
Goomba could be Goomba Tower that could control the Car. The Hammer that exists in Bowser Jr.'s moveset could be handled by top Goomba, who holds it with teeth.
Some attacks could also performed by Goomba.
There are no problems here.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If I was to be honest, I can see a case being made for Koopa Troopa, Dry Bones, Baby Bowser, Kid Koopa, Hammer Bro,and other likewise characters. Goomba, while important, seems like a weak candidate for more worthwhile ones. Then again, I would far rather give Bowser Jr the bandanna Alt along with a Shadow Mario along with two Koopa related ones.

4 different colored bowser jrs. inside clown cars, they would share the same model as bowser jr. and would have different colors

(please spare me the effort of making stock icons)
I would also far prefer this option as well personally. That being said, we chose to go with alts instead of colors so I’ll honor the vote.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Okay. Let me toss out a few more ideas.

Mouser.jpg
Mouser, Bowser's right hand man in the original Mario cartoon.

Spike and Iggy.jpg
Spike and Iggy, Koopa's cousins from the Super Mario Bros movie
(might need to give them a more cartoonish design though)

4 and 9.png

4 and 9. Two otherwise unnamed Koopa kids that appeared in one of the educational Mario games, Mario's Early Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom