• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I don't get why we're even allowing non-Sony owned characters for this job in the first place. Imagine if we allowed Mega Man or Simon for a Nintendo job if this were Sony, that'd be ridiculous.
This is Sony and Sony-affiliated in order to get a wider response of content considering the eligible pool of content is surprisingly slim.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
No? It isn't. Sony has a lot of IPs to draw from - I dunno why you'd think there isn't many options.
Who would consider as appropriate characters deserving of getting into Smash that fall under the Sony umbrella?

im looking at our submissions and, aside from mine which I plan on revoking, it all looks like idles Sony IPs.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Who would consider as appropriate characters deserving of getting into Smash that fall under the Sony umbrella?
  1. God of War
  2. Ratchet and Clank
  3. LittleBigPlanet
  4. Twisted Metal
  5. PaRappa the Rapper
  6. Ape Escape
  7. Uncharted
  8. InFamous
  9. Sly Cooper
  10. Buzz!
  11. Jak and Daxter
  12. Killzone
  13. Q*Bert
  14. Lemmings
  15. Resistance
  16. MediEvil
  17. Wild Arms
  18. Astro Bot
  19. Fat Princess
  20. Jumping Flash
  21. Wip3Out
  22. Gravity Rush
  23. LocoRoco

And those are just the ones I feel are popular or important enough (as if that matters) - I also excluded Last of Us because I feel that could be a little too heavy and Gran Turismo because car. Either way, there's more series here than we usually get fighter subs.

D

Deleted member

1. God of War
  2. Ratchet and Clank
  3. LittleBigPlanet
  4. Twisted Metal
  5. PaRappa the Rapper
  6. Ape Escape
  7. Uncharted
  8. InFamous
  9. Sly Cooper
  10. Buzz!
  11. Jak and Daxter
  12. Killzone
  13. Q*Bert
  14. Lemmings
  15. Resistance
  16. MediEvil
  17. Wild Arms
  18. Astro Bot
  19. Fat Princess
  20. Jumping Flash
  21. Wip3Out
  22. Gravity Rush
  23. LocoRoco

And those are just the ones I feel are popular or important enough (as if that matters) - I also excluded Last of Us because I feel that could be a little too heavy and Gran Turismo because car. Either way, there's more series here than we usually get fighter subs.
Q bert and lemmings a but no horizon, ghost of Tsushima or Bloodborne? What are you talking about, my dude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
  1. God of War
  2. Ratchet and Clank
  3. LittleBigPlanet
  4. Twisted Metal
  5. PaRappa the Rapper
  6. Ape Escape
  7. Uncharted
  8. InFamous
  9. Sly Cooper
  10. Buzz!
  11. Jak and Daxter
  12. Killzone
  13. Q*Bert
  14. Lemmings
  15. Resistance
  16. MediEvil
  17. Wild Arms
  18. Astro Bot
  19. Fat Princess
  20. Jumping Flash
  21. Wip3Out
  22. Gravity Rush
  23. LocoRoco

From my perspective, of those 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, and 22 are relevant and iconic enough to warrant being included as our primary Sony rep. Hence why I expanded it to allow characters who are pseudo-reps. The rest of the list doesn’t qualify in my opinion despite being a diehard Killzone/Resistance/Infamous fan. I would not make them eligible based on the fact Sony isn’t touching them currently. Still, most of the submissions have been confined to Sony-only so everything seems to be pointing to that. The only one is Lara which I plan to veto later on.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I totally forgot Bloodborne is owned by Sony!

So far, we far we do have a lot of icons that represent Sony thankfully.

I plan to scrap my Lara submissions and probably plug in Bloodborne content. Though I would rather have the Tarnished or Chosen Undead. And Pyramid Head for a horror rep.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will keep our rulings that job-Sony Ips that are tied to Sony intact but I will be more stricter with what can possibly be submitted.

I also forgot to announce the results of the tournament vote and to get us voting for DLC game modes

Name3 points2 points1 PointTotal
Journey to the West01 (2)68
Arcade Brawlout2 (6)039
Deadly Workout1 (3)036
Under the Super Happy Tree02 (4)04
This is Your Final Stand3 (9)0211

Our three winning Tournaments is This is Your Final Stand, Journey to the West, and Arcade Brawlout.

Here are our DLC Game Modes
Job 265:

OVERKILL SMASH (一撃必殺スマッシュ)

HOW TO PLAY:

Overkill Smash is a simple minigame inspired by videos like this:
And the Megaton Punch minigame from Kirby Super Star.

The rules are simple: up to 8 players are given 1 minute to accumulate as much bolstered power as possible through a combat arena that uses all Smash Dungeon enemies. When you kill an enemy, you gain either Spirits that bolster your power, Attack power-ups like those found in Smash Run, and on rare occasions Assist Trophies, PokeBall Pokemon, and Breidablik Heroes that have an attack-bolstering effect on the summoner. The stronger the enemy, the higher the chance to gain a rarer and more powerful boon in your favor. Dying drops a quarter of what you have accumulated throughout the endeavor.

After 1 minute is over, players line up to a large attack machine similar to this:
View attachment 347935

In comparison to the rest of the cast, the Power Gauging Machine has WAY more number digits to its damage meter than any other fighter. In fact, it has 20 digits that go across the screen overall! Each fighter will use their highest-damage attack to gauge how much power they've accumulated, with certain characters with buffs inherent in their kit like Sephiroth, Wii Fit Trainer, and Incineroar having the most optimal of their buffs pre-applied afterward.

The moment that highest-damage attack hits the Power Gauging Machine, something similar to when you knock a Sandbag in Home-Run Contest happens: the raw force of the attack will create a massive One-Punch Man Serious Punch-style turbulence that causes utter havoc to everything behind it, the camera progressively zooming out the more damage you've done to it. Initially, it just rings like a drum at its weakest, but at the utter strongest, the very fabric of the multiverse momentarily shatters before repairing itself near-instantly, and the machine will calculate that attack's potential damage output. The fighter with the highest damage output wins.

For example, this would be a good ranking:
1) Sephiroth: 724,591% Damage
2) Zagreus: 644,182% Damage
3) Octoling: 643,992% Damage
4) Ridley: 559,271% Damage
5) Min Min: 501,885% Damage
6) Reimu: 455,622% Damage
7) Bowser: 438,991% Damage
8) Ike: 299,341% Damage

If you do this minigame Solo, it can be used as a means of building up your GSP just like in Home-Run Contest, with each point of damage granting you a point in GSP. This will be released alongside Agumon, as his Terra Force Final Smash is among the most destructive of the First Smash Season.
Hold up, I've got something

Combo Contest
You're given the item-summoning tools and static foe of training mode, a time limit (that doesn't start until you hit), an insane hitstun boost, and are scored by how long the combos you perform with that time are (how many hits, not how much damage) - the biggest score between turn-taking players wins. While there is a CPU you can get to score the combos, you can also get a (group of) player(s) to rank the combos for a more human touch. This can be played on any stage with any fighter
I was racking my brain about an idea but I found one I think would be…

Dazzle Mode

Dazzle Mode is a based of the Japanese purikura or “photo booths” where people take pictures in these booths and then proceed to decorate, stylize, or otherwise bedazzle the photo.

You can take pictures of your battles and gives you further power to dazzle it up with various styles of pens, effects, and stickers including using your Spirits as stickers. We could even update this mode with more content as we continue the DLC.
PLEASE VOTE FOR HERE

Yiptap

Smash Lord
644D5303-D36F-4796-BCDB-B4D9780FA31E.png

I don’t got much time, but I’m gonna sub Makoto Naegi from Danganronpa (The other pro tags could be alts). All of their games were on PS consoles until they came to the Nintendo Switch. Before Danganronpa Decadence, one of the main factors of Makoto’s exclusion was being a PS exclusive. Alph made a spectacular writeup about them, so you should check it out.

D

Deleted member

Most of the big iconic picks have been taken so

Hunter

What is
BLOODBORNE?
Bloodborne is an action RPG developed by Fromsoftware and published by Sony in 2015 for the PlayStation 4. It's in the "Soulsborne genre" sharing a dev and similar DNA with games like Dark Souls, Demon Souls (also a Sony IP) and the recent Smash hit Elden Ring.

The game is set in a Gothic city known as Yharnam, where its inhabitants are under a plague that turns them into bestial creatures. The player must venture through this dark city and uncover its secrets, coming face to face with eldrich beings.

What could the Hunter do?
Like most games of this genre, there are a boat load of weapons that the player can equip. The Hutner would be a quick fighter, making use of a melee weapon and a gun. There could be soms kind of upgrading system, and a way to use Blood to power themselves up.

Why Bloodborne?
I genuinely think it would be a missed opportunity to not include a Fromsoftware character at some point in our DLC. The Souls games are one of the most successful new game franchises in years and the recent 10/10 reviews and record braking sales for Elden Ring prove that the studio are ready to sling it with the big guns. Bloodborne itself was considered a killer app for the PS4 in it's early life and people are still begging for a PC port to this day.

Soulsborne games are kind of a modern evolution of the Metroidvaina formula, so it could be cool to see them slinging it out with Simon and Samus.

What would the Hunter come with?
Bloodborne has a dark but gorgeous world that would make for a great stage. And personally I think any Fromsoftware character should come with a boss considering how known they are for their boss design.

Bloodborne's soundtrack rocks too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Blallargh I had an awesome idea. I don’t have time to write it up but I will finish it eventually.

Wander
Shadow of the Colossus

The lack of an actual render makes this one a bit difficult IMO but this game was such an impactful and important one that including it would be simply amazing. Now, constructing a Moveset might be difficult but I love the idea of utilizing the Colossi as moveset attributes in the attacks. This game spurned noted developers by Miyazaki to gaming development and can be seen as a precursor to Souls-like games as well as the whole “climbing up stuff open world” aspect that is now popular.

With this, Lara Croft isn’t my submission.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A while ago, I worked on articles for the site that dived into various potential characters. Some of them being 2B, Jonesy, Monster Hunter, Doomguy, etc. A lot of these characters are from games I never played but I still enjoyed. I never played NeiR Automata but by content alone, I’m a fan of the game based on what I have seen. I had prepared articles for Heavy, Pyramid Head, Monokuma, and that LoL Fox girl despite never playing any of these games.

I think there’s fun and even sincerity in diving into the lore and mechanics of these games you never played to further expand your understand and knowledge of gaming as a whole instead of pigeon holeling yourself in mediums you generally like and/or know. When I vote (which is rare as I prefer to let you all decide. I only vote to break tiebreakers), it’s for what I feel is best for the project and the content rather than my own feelings and desires. I’ve voted against charqcters I personally wanted as I felt they weren’t the strongest candidates and voted in favor for what I thought made sense/improved the project in that moment of time.

I get why people submit and vote based on their own desires and I don’t think that’s wrong. From my personally though, I think submitting and supporting something you aren’t familiar with and using the time to understand that to be far more genuine and sincere. That’s why I actually started the project: for people to expand their library of gaming knowledge outside of what they personally like.

Case in point, I had SotC on my PS3 but only played it a handful of times; never actually beaten it. Probably never will but I do recognize just how popular it is. I never actually played a Tomb Raider game in my life but I submitted Lara Croft. I never played Bloodbourne but I was prepared to submit Hunter. Likewise, I would love to see Tarnished or Chosen Undead despite never playing Dark Souls or Elden Ring before.

Last edited:

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Jin Sakai: Ghost of Tsushima

Why Jin:
Samurai are ****ing cool. We have one true samurai in Takamaru, but Jin would be much more different. Takamaru is more of an anime samurai, while Jin is a badass samurai.

What could Jin do?:

Jin has 4 stances similar to Shulk's Monado. They are Water, Stone, Wind, Moon.

Stone: could give superarmor and bonus damage on attacks at cost of slowing them down. This is the default stance, so that might be OP. I'm just spitballing ideas so people get a sense for them.
Water: In game water is good vs defensive enemies. In smash he could Bonus damage vs Shields.
Wind: In game, wind does more damage to ranged enemies. This doesn't translate well into smash, so it could instead bots damage to enemies in the air or his own aerials.
Moon: In game, moon does more damage to heavy targets. In smash, this wouldn't change.

Ghost attacks: Pretty much ranged attacks
Hidden Blade/Kunai: Just a range attack used in game to break enemies guarding.

That's probably enough stuff for now.

Also, Foxes

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As mentioned before, we have five slots for Season 2. That’s one more compared to what we had previously. We have one slot dedicated to western and at least one sot reserved for first party. That leaves this one plus 3 others up for grabs

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
And those are just the ones I feel are popular or important enough (as if that matters)
Popularity 100% matters when it comes to post game paid content.

If this was MvC, who would be more likely to sell DLC, a Resident Evil character or Gene from God Hand? The Resi character, no doubt.

I don't understand why you still can't get this through your head.

Weird content is shoved into basegame stuff or not at all, because it's too much of a financial risk.

---------------------------------------------------

**** it.

Dante (Devil May Cry)
1647708881212.png

Why Dante?
Devil May Cry is considered to be a pillar franchise for Capcom along with Street Fighter, Mega Man, and Monster Hunter, and Capcom has long been associated with Smash at this point; Dante's a highly popular character for his carefree attitude and badass abilities, so people would natural jump at the chance to play him in any game, even with a paywall (see the SMTIII Remake for proof), he's been in plenty of fighting games, and he absolute fits the moniker of "honorary Sony character" considering his games were all platform exclusive up until recent memory as well as [an incarnation of] him appearing in Sony's Smash ripoff, literally with the title Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, and as a bonus, quite a few of his games are even now available on Nintendo Switch, meaning he won't be alien or foreign to the core audience we're looking to sell to here.

In addition, his series has infinite potential for a great stage, music, assist trophy, bosses, whatever - he's a legacy character from a critically acclaimed franchise that's frequently features in crossovers and especially crossover fighting games, and Sakurai has even acknowledged he had extremely high popularity among Smash requests. He deserves the slot.

He has limitless moveset potential with his two guns, Ebony and Ivory, the demon sword he wields, Sparda, the ability to wield a number of infernal arms including a motorcycle imbued with demonic energy that he uses as a buzzsaw and a literally electric guitar, and his game is filled with extremely flashy combos. He is the quintessential action game character, as his series set the gold standard (except for DmC2).

Even original series director and director of Bayonetta, Hideki Kamiya, has admitted that fans would love to see him and Bayonetta meet, and regretted not allowing it to happen in Project x Zone 2. Now's their chance.

1647709275279.png

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
A while ago, I worked on articles for the site that dived into various potential characters. Some of them being 2B, Jonesy, Monster Hunter, Doomguy, etc. A lot of these characters are from games I never played but I still enjoyed. I never played NeiR Automata but by content alone, I’m a fan of the game based on what I have seen. I had prepared articles for Heavy, Pyramid Head, Monokuma, and that LoL Fox girl despite never playing any of these games.

I think there’s fun and even sincerity in diving into the lore and mechanics of these games you never played to further expand your understand and knowledge of gaming as a whole instead of pigeon holeling yourself in mediums you generally like and/or know. When I vote (which is rare as I prefer to let you all decide. I only vote to break tiebreakers), it’s for what I feel is best for the project and the content rather than my own feelings and desires. I’ve voted against charqcters I personally wanted as I felt they weren’t the strongest candidates and voted in favor for what I thought made sense/improved the project in that moment of time.

I get why people submit and vote based on their own desires and I don’t think that’s wrong. From my personally though, I think submitting and supporting something you aren’t familiar with and using the time to understand that to be far more genuine and sincere. That’s why I actually started the project: for people to expand their library of gaming knowledge outside of what they personally like.

Case in point, I had SotC on my PS3 but only played it a handful of times; never actually beaten it. Probably never will but I do recognize just how popular it is. I never actually played a Tomb Raider game in my life but I submitted Lara Croft. I never played Bloodbourne but I was prepared to submit Hunter. Likewise, I would love to see Tarnished or Chosen Undead despite never playing Dark Souls or Elden Ring before.
I agree with what you're saying here. I was mostly joking when I said I'd only vote for nathan and kratos because I've played their games. I can't deny I am biased towards them and are probably gonna vote for them but I also think there's a genuine reason to.

Also, I love discovering new game franchises and I'm sure everyone here does too but sometimes people do definitely want to vote for characters they know because it means they'll have more fun with submitting content for them and honestly, that's okay.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Is Lara Croft allowed or not? Either I missed a post or it was pretty ambiguous. If she's not allowed, then ignore this post, if she is, then....

Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
1647716921364.png

Lara Croft is one of the most iconic game characters in general and has been historically an icon of Playstation alongside Crash. Tomb Raider is a massive series and would be a great pick for the purpose of this job to be added.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will allow Dante and Lara Croft. I wasn't originally but I decided to accept our submissions do the fact my original rules weren't clear enough and, instead of going back and restructuring them to limit the scope thus voiding out our submissions, I decided to forgo that and just accept them. Less work overall.

I agree with what you're saying here. I was mostly joking when I said I'd only vote for nathan and kratos because I've played their games. I can't deny I am biased towards them and are probably gonna vote for them but I also think there's a genuine reason to.

Also, I love discovering new game franchises and I'm sure everyone here does too but sometimes people do definitely want to vote for characters they know because it means they'll have more fun with submitting content for them and honestly, that's okay.
Sorry if I seemed like I was calling out this post. It's just a common thing I see where people are only interested in seeing what they want to see be included. It comes with the territory I suppose.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
download (2).jpeg

Spyro
Spyro was a mascot for the latter half of the orginal Playstation's lifespan and is often closely related and associated with Crash Babdicoot, a fellow fighter on this game, With his many different incarnations and a recent spike in relevance Spyro would ba a great choices for this game thread.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

j3veui4kivt21.jpg

Usually I make long write ups but I'm not the most familiar with Dante, only played 1 and a bit of 3 but I'm sure someone who does could make this character flourish. I just think he's a popular character who deserves a high spot in Smash beyond the realm of costumes. I just want his name to be up there.

D

Deleted member

Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

View attachment 348070

Usually I make long write ups but I'm not the most familiar with Dante, only played 1 and a bit of 3 but I'm sure someone who does could make this character flourish. I just think he's a popular character who deserves a high spot in Smash beyond the realm of costumes. I just want his name to be up there.
He's been submitted

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
My nomination:

Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)

A35EABBF-09E1-49EF-A076-BEBEA9D69BA3.jpeg

His real name is Marcus Kane but he’s a clown that drives an ice cream truck. Twisted Metal is an iconic Sony franchise that’s about vehicular combat. We don’t have a character representing games involving the destruction of vehicles. Plus, this clown’s moveset would be unique as it involves the destruction of vehicles. There is a TV show coming soon based off of the video games so so definitely a unique pick here.

I was gonna go with Sly Cooper but wanted to be a bit more unique.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here’s current submissions…

HELL YEAH, now we're talking with the same language! Pardon me as this was straight borrowed from my previous attempt with added stuff, but considering how quotes doesn't work when replied from an another user, I had to write them all there again.

(sighs in relief) Now that takes many of us back to the 2000's, including myself. There's many nostalgic games in this console we all grew up with as a young kid, like Crash Bandicoot, Kingdom Hearts, Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, maybe Grand Theft Auto and God of War when we're old enough. And most of all, the topic of this submission, so it's time to rip ourselves a new one with the two and only...

Sony/PlayStation Newcomer - Ratchet and Clank/Rivet and Kit

Franchise: Ratchet & Clank
First Game: Ratchet & Clank (November 4th, 2002)
Console Debut: PlayStation 2
Companies: Sony Interactive Entertainment (publisher) and Insomniac Games (developer; also known for Spyro the Dragon and a Marvel universe with Spider-Man, Miles Morales and Wolverine)

Who are Ratchet and Clank/Rivet and Kit?

Ratchet & Clank is one of Sony's flagship franchises on their PlayStation console brand, created and developed by Insomniac Games since it's debut on PlayStation 2 in November 4th, 2002. The series focuses on 3D action platforming gameplay (akin to fellow "collectathon" games, Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie) with third-person shooting elements, following science fiction-based adventures of the eponymous intergalactic adventurer duo, Ratchet (a young Lombax mechanic and pilot, who lived in Veldin) and Clank (a sentient Zoni robot, who was deemed "defective" and ran away from Quartu) as they travel through the Solana Galaxy, saving it from evil forces that consistently threaten it, such as villains like Doctor Nefarious (their arch-enemy), Chairman Alonzo Drek, Courtney Gears (her theme), Gleeman Vox, Otto Destruct, Luna (yes, a little girl is evil), Emperor Percival Tachyon, Captain Angstrom Darkwater and Romulus Slag, with the help of various allies like Captain Qwark, Big Al, Angela Cross (in Going Commando), Sasha Phyronix, Merc and Green (in Deadlocked), Talwyn Apogee, Cronk & Zephyr, Alister Azimuth (in A Crack in Time), Rusty Pete, etc.

Debuting in the franchise's recent/latest installment which was released exclusively on PlayStation 5 in June 11th, 2021, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Rivet and Kit are the alternate dimension counterparts of a titular duo themselves. A Lombax just like Ratchet, Rivet grew up on Sargasso and joined the Resistance movement along with Captain Quantum and Phantom, going against the tyrannical Emperor Nefarious until she lost her right arm when a warbot (who is later revealed to be Kit, who went into exile from the army due to her power) blasted it off, later building herself a new robotic arm and since became wary of robots, before meeting Clank when he was separated from Ratchet following the Dimensionator's destruction by Doctor Nefarious, and later teamed up with a duo to help them stop the dimensional cataclysm, forgiving Kit (upon finding out) for her past actions and the two became partners.

Why They Deserve to be in Smash Over Others?

Thanks to it's charm which is full of over-the-top characters, epic story-telling & gameplay, catchy & intense music and wacky, funnily awkward moments (this old animated commercial, some weapons and a whole TV Tropes page also says it all - even for us adults), the franchise itself is so popular that it's titular heroes basically became one of Sony's most consistent, longest-enduring and iconic mascots alongside Kratos, Nathan Drake, Sackboy, etc. (Crash was declared one back in the PS1 era while under their ownership), thus appearing in multiple other PlayStation games and crossovers (yes, an Among Us one is real and then there's Fall Guys), even having a manga released in Japan (their games sold very big in the country with "The Best" titles and even has Crash-like changes as demonstrated above, a exclusive PS3 triple pack, bizarre anniversary videos and was the first Western-developed game bundled with a console), a comic book series by DC Comics in 2010, a theatrical feature film in 2016, etc. Ratchet & Clank would also represent a new company, Sony Interactive Entertainment themselves in this case (Microsoft has a fellow platforming mascot duo Banjo & Kazooie, Minecraft's Steve and now in Infinite, Crash Bandicoot himself, after all), and would complete the trio of main, prominent console developers alongside Microsoft and Nintendo.

While there are other Sony characters to pick up from their first-party exclusive library, Ratchet and Clank seems like a strong, logical contender and front-runner because of their popularity even in Japan (as just explained above), Nintendo-like cartoony aesthetics (alongside LittleBigPlanet; considering that most of Sony's still-living IPs, such as God of War, Uncharted and The Last of Us, are more realistic-looking and dark/mature in resemblance & theme/rating respectively; despite Deadlocked's dark tone) and would allow a development team to think ideas from "outside the box" due to how interesting a franchise is and should unironically fit in Smash very well, as explained below. I mean, Sony gave Epic Games permission to use Kratos and Aloy in Fortnite, even Nathan Drake to promote the Uncharted film, with all skins being usable in other consoles such as Nintendo Switch itself, so they're open to share their IPs to other companies if they want to. In fact, same could even be said with MLB: The Show 22 which was recently revealed for Nintendo Switch, developed by Sony's San Diego Studio from usually a PlayStation-exclusive franchise.

These facts alone, especially the last part, would be worth for a potentially very huge and strong hype-inducing reveal, which may even exceed Joker's reveal back in 2018 (at least in the level of him, Banjo & Kazooie, Steve, Sephiroth, Sora or even a Sans costume), considering that all three companies teamed up a few times before with executives showing up together the same year (a legendary moment for our lord, Reggie) and working on making social/online gaming more responsible and safer. And let's not forget how both Sony and Nintendo started the development of the original PlayStation console together, back when it was planned as a CD-ROM add-on for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. You may think at this point: "Console wars are over."

Even Masahiro Sakurai himself likes PlayStation itself, having a PS1 Classic Mini and & six PS3 and PS4s, one of them being the latter's Pro model on his console collection and played over 240 games in 2019. He even shared his thoughts of their newest console, PlayStation 5 and also highly recommended Astro's Playroom, which is a huge, all-encompassing love letter/tribute to it's history (which also include Ratchet & Clank as a easter egg/cameo in Turbo Trail, the first stage of SSD Speedway, a world based on PlayStation 2). After all, Sakurai said a few times before that Smash is more of a "celebration of gaming" rather than being just about Nintendo's IPs themselves.

In case anyone's still questioning all of this, let me tell you about rivals promoting each other's consoles:
Two years back before Banjo-Kazooie was ported to Nintendo Switch as part of a Nintendo 64 line-up for Nintendo Switch Online's expansion pack, during a duo's presentation stream in September 2019, Sakurai told watchers/Nintendo fans that if they want to play the original game itself, they should try it with Xbox One, which made Xbox trending on Twitter in Japan after a stream.

How They Would Work?

Of course, this isn't their first time in a platform fighting game, since they once appeared in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, which was released on PlayStation 3 and Vita in 2012, so they can be easily translated to Smash. They also have a VERY HUGE moveset potential thanks to LOTS OF crazy, unique weapons and gadgets besides Ratchet's signature OmniWrench, which he uses as a melee/boomerang-like weapon, wall-jumping, floating in the air with Clank's Heli-Pack, using Swingshot for a tether recovery-grab, Hoverboots in their full dash animation akin to Banjo & Kazooie's Talon Trot, Phantom Dash via Omniglove as a dodge and using either their most powerful and badassest weapon, R.Y.N.O. (especially it's upgrade, R.Y.N.O. Xtreme from the 2016 reboot, complete with 1812 Overture from A Crack in Time playing in the background - pretty much their own counterpart of Doomguy/Doom Slayer's BFG 9000), their spaceship (Aphelion in the R&C Future trilogy released on PlayStation 3) or Clank's giant form in their Final Smash, allowing for multiple playstyle/mechanic possibilities (check @BirthNote's sketches of both) with a weapon switch/upgrade gimmick and maybe even the Groovitron (maybe a special victory pose with teammates also dancing as a random disco song plays in the background?) Mr. Zurkon (with unique quotes towards other fighters) as their taunts.

Besides, we need more duo fighters since there's only like four of them (Ice Climbers, Rosalina & Luma, Duck Hunt Duo and Banjo & Kazooie themselves). And also, who wants to bring a wrench to a gunfight? (intentional reference)

Considering their identical controls/movesets in Rift Apart, Rivet and Kit themselves (using a hammer instead of OmniWrench, Glide Boots for hovering and a warbot mode in place of Giant Clank) would also possibly join in as their alternate costumes alongside slightly altered animations and different taunts/victory poses (such as dance moves; besides various armors and skins normally instead of palettes). And speaking of content representation, there's dozens of materials to pick up for stage (like Kerwan, which appeared in a few games), music (a soundtrack is so GODDAMN good, so take both a good listen and advice from videos below! - imagine a banger remix of Metropolis in a reveal trailer and this as their victory theme over the results screen similarly to Cloud's), assist trophy, item, boss and spirit possibilties in forthcoming jobs/prompts. Maybe even bring up other Sony-owned PlayStation franchises for additional content like Mii costumes and spirits?

And congratulations to everyone, who managed to read this whole post (hopefully every part of this long-written research with passion and emotions paid off), so remember this! (fans revived the online multiplayer support itself with even a Discord server - Epic stole from us)

View attachment 348008
ALOY

Who is she?
Aloy is the main protagonist of the Horizon duology, a popular open-world video game series made by Dutch Sony-owned studio Guerilla B.V., who has been previously known for their franchise Killzone. Horizon takes place in a distant-future post-apocalyptic Earth overrun by robots and humanity has been reduced back to Native American-style tribes.

Why Aloy?:
Horizon was a recent hit since its release in 2015, praised for many facets, and even nominated for Game of the Year, only losing out to Breath of the Wild that year despite overtaking it in sales. Furthermore, Aloy herself is no stranger to crossovers, having crossed over to Genshin Impact as a playable character, and Fortnite as a skin, both of which have some ties to Nintendo (Fortnite's crossplay allows you to use Kratos on Nintendo Switch, Genshin gave Aloy out to other platforms the update after she was added to the PlayStation version and has plans for a Nintendo Switch port, which still has no release date as of right now.)

Furthermore, Horizon: Forbidden West was released recently to generally favorable reviews, and is currently in stiff competition against Elden Ring. As of right now, it'd make sense for Aloy to be added as a way of promoting Forbidden West. From a creator standpoint, Sakurai himself was rather torn between Horizon Zero Dawn and Breath of the Wild and called Horizon more "stress-free" when comparing the two.

How would she play?:
While Smash has several characters that use a bow, we don't really have a character who predominantly uses a bow as of right now, and Aloy can fill that niche perfectly. Not only does she have a bow with several trick arrows to use, but she also has several gadgets to use in tandem with using her bow and a Focus Mode that she can use to make more precise shots. This tells me that she could have a zoner-heavy playstyle that's more akin to that of IRL hunters: you need patience and precision to line your shot perfectly, but once you land that shot, it's game over for them. In other words, she would be a very opportunistic long-range character who looks for opening points to strike for great burst damage and possesses good adaptability to help set herself up for that opportunity using her trick arrows.
Resubmitting Kat from Gravity Rush:

Also, while I understand that Sony's more iconic characters are Western, I feel having one of their Japanese reps would provide more unique gameplay opportunities. Just my opinion, though.
Sony submission

Nathan Drake

Man, do I have to explain why Nathan Drake would be a good pick for Sony's first rep? I mean, I will but the case is obvious. Uncharted is a massively iconic series and one of the top, if not the top, series ever produced by Sony. When you think of Sony games there's a lot of very high level games and series that come to mind, but if Uncharted isn't one of the first 3 you think of then I would call that fairly odd. Highly loved by both fans and critics alike, the series has taken home a high number of awards. Nathan Drake was also at one point considered the face of Sony while the series was at it's prime, making his selection one that would feel very natural.

On top of Uncharted high level of popularity, there's more reasons than just that to include Nathan and Uncharted. First, there's the movie that came out. While I've heard it's not great, that doesn't really matter as much to me as it does that it got one at all. To be a video game to get a movie is to be a video game with that's transcended the genre. Also, there's been heavy rumors of a return and reboot upcoming for the series, so it makes sense that sony would want to promote it

Overall, Nathan Drake is one of the most iconic characters of Sony's first party selection. For me, there's no better pick on the table
I'm surprised that no one submitted Kratos....
Sony Character:
Kratos (God of War)

Who is Kratos?
Kratos
is main Protagonist of Playstation series "God of War", made by Santa Monica Studios and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. His first game was released on Playstation in March 22, 2005.
He is a demigod or God (From now on) known as "Ghost of Sparta", who has vendetta against the Gods, who mistreated him. However, he started to kill them brutally without mercy and he was even responsible for Greece's destruction at end of GoW 3, which it led him to move to Scandinavia.
During the events of GoW (2018), he raised his child known as "Atreus" and he treated him nicely like "Father and son". Also, Kratos started to kill the Norse Gods, who also Kratos had vendetta for.
He was a son of Callisto and Zeus and he was Lysandra's former husband and Faye's former husband I guess... (I didn't played the God of War 2018, but I played God of War 3). He had two children: His son Atreus and his daughter Calliope, who were his children.

Kratos is no-brainer pick, since he is extremely iconic and he is flagship mascot of Playstation, which it led him popularity worldwide. He was even important for gaming history, especially Sony's. He is no stranger for crossover, since he appeared in Mortal Kombat 9, Fortnite and he appeared in Playstation Allstars Battle Royale in 2012 as Playable Character.

"How he could work?" + Aesthetics
You know, despite he is too brutal, he can really fight, since he was playable in PSABR and we could manage to make him playable in SSB without any issues.
First, he could heavyweight character, who doesn't have any movement options. His playstyle is "Rushdown" because of the God of War gameplay.
His moveset would be based on God of War games, like he could pull out his two blades or even his leviathan Axe to fight. However, his moveset would be also combo-based, since he could make huge amount of combos while pressing or mashing the buttons.
He could have Final Smash based on scene from "Father and Son", where he attacks the opponents while the Arrows fly straight at them. This FS instantly KOes the opponents (From 1 to 3).
Kratos would have some gimmick in Smash, which it would be based on God of War gameplay, like Combo-style gameplay, which like I mentioned earlier, pressing or mashing the buttons.

His design will be based on Modern Incarnation of Kratos, but he could have his old design as one of his alternates. He would be voiced by current actor and his one of taunts would reference his son Atreus.

Why Kratos in Smash?
Well, Kratos should DEFINITELY join smash, because he is one of Iconic Playstation Character and he is a flagship mascot for Playstation like I said earlier. Also, he could be another M-Rated character in Smash, but we can tone it down and reduce his brutality in this game.
Also, the upcoming GoW: Ragnarok game is going to release in 2022, which it would spice up it's inclusion in Smash Infinite. Speaking of new game, there is going to be a TV series based on it on Amazon Prime video.
We know that Kratos is not a stranger for Crossovers, so he should fit in "Celebration of Gaming".
Despite he didn't appeared on Nintendo Console, he still has a chance and nothing will stop from joining the Roster. Also his inclusion is worthy since imagine Pit or Palutena fighting Kratos or Mario meeting Kratos in reveal trailer.
His soundtrack is also worthy to appear in Smash, since his songs are bangers.
I can't tell all the reasons why Kratos deserves to be in Smash, but he is no-brainer pick and he is like Master Chief of Playstation.

Last words.
I would like to thank all of you for reading my essay/write-up of Kratos submission for Smash Infinite DLC.
Overall, Kratos is most Iconic Playstation Character and he deserves to be in Smash...
View attachment 348040
I don’t got much time, but I’m gonna sub Makoto Naegi from Danganronpa (The other pro tags could be alts). All of their games were on PS consoles until they came to the Nintendo Switch. Before Danganronpa Decadence, one of the main factors of Makoto’s exclusion was being a PS exclusive. Alph made a spectacular writeup about them, so you should check it out.
Most of the big iconic picks have been taken so

Hunter

What is
BLOODBORNE?
Bloodborne is an action RPG developed by Fromsoftware and published by Sony in 2015 for the PlayStation 4. It's in the "Soulsborne genre" sharing a dev and similar DNA with games like Dark Souls, Demon Souls (also a Sony IP) and the recent Smash hit Elden Ring.

The game is set in a Gothic city known as Yharnam, where its inhabitants are under a plague that turns them into bestial creatures. The player must venture through this dark city and uncover its secrets, coming face to face with eldrich beings.

What could the Hunter do?
Like most games of this genre, there are a boat load of weapons that the player can equip. The Hutner would be a quick fighter, making use of a melee weapon and a gun. There could be soms kind of upgrading system, and a way to use Blood to power themselves up.

Why Bloodborne?
I genuinely think it would be a missed opportunity to not include a Fromsoftware character at some point in our DLC. The Souls games are one of the most successful new game franchises in years and the recent 10/10 reviews and record braking sales for Elden Ring prove that the studio are ready to sling it with the big guns. Bloodborne itself was considered a killer app for the PS4 in it's early life and people are still begging for a PC port to this day.

Soulsborne games are kind of a modern evolution of the Metroidvaina formula, so it could be cool to see them slinging it out with Simon and Samus.

What would the Hunter come with?
Bloodborne has a dark but gorgeous world that would make for a great stage. And personally I think any Fromsoftware character should come with a boss considering how known they are for their boss design.

Bloodborne's soundtrack rocks too.
Blallargh I had an awesome idea. I don’t have time to write it up but I will finish it eventually.

Wander
Shadow of the Colossus

The lack of an actual render makes this one a bit difficult IMO but this game was such an impactful and important one that including it would be simply amazing. Now, constructing a Moveset might be difficult but I love the idea of utilizing the Colossi as moveset attributes in the attacks. This game spurned noted developers by Miyazaki to gaming development and can be seen as a precursor to Souls-like games as well as the whole “climbing up stuff open world” aspect that is now popular.

With this, Lara Croft isn’t my submission.
Jin Sakai: Ghost of Tsushima

Why Jin:
Samurai are ****ing cool. We have one true samurai in Takamaru, but Jin would be much more different. Takamaru is more of an anime samurai, while Jin is a badass samurai.

What could Jin do?:

Jin has 4 stances similar to Shulk's Monado. They are Water, Stone, Wind, Moon.

Stone: could give superarmor and bonus damage on attacks at cost of slowing them down. This is the default stance, so that might be OP. I'm just spitballing ideas so people get a sense for them.
Water: In game water is good vs defensive enemies. In smash he could Bonus damage vs Shields.
Wind: In game, wind does more damage to ranged enemies. This doesn't translate well into smash, so it could instead bots damage to enemies in the air or his own aerials.
Moon: In game, moon does more damage to heavy targets. In smash, this wouldn't change.

Ghost attacks: Pretty much ranged attacks
Hidden Blade/Kunai: Just a range attack used in game to break enemies guarding.

That's probably enough stuff for now.

Also, Foxes

Popularity 100% matters when it comes to post game paid content.

If this was MvC, who would be more likely to sell DLC, a Resident Evil character or Gene from God Hand? The Resi character, no doubt.

I don't understand why you still can't get this through your head.

Weird content is shoved into basegame stuff or not at all, because it's too much of a financial risk.

---------------------------------------------------

**** it.

Dante (Devil May Cry)
View attachment 348061

Why Dante?
Devil May Cry is considered to be a pillar franchise for Capcom along with Street Fighter, Mega Man, and Monster Hunter, and Capcom has long been associated with Smash at this point; Dante's a highly popular character for his carefree attitude and badass abilities, so people would natural jump at the chance to play him in any game, even with a paywall (see the SMTIII Remake for proof), he's been in plenty of fighting games, and he absolute fits the moniker of "honorary Sony character" considering his games were all platform exclusive up until recent memory as well as [an incarnation of] him appearing in Sony's Smash ripoff, literally with the title Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, and as a bonus, quite a few of his games are even now available on Nintendo Switch, meaning he won't be alien or foreign to the core audience we're looking to sell to here.

In addition, his series has infinite potential for a great stage, music, assist trophy, bosses, whatever - he's a legacy character from a critically acclaimed franchise that's frequently features in crossovers and especially crossover fighting games, and Sakurai has even acknowledged he had extremely high popularity among Smash requests. He deserves the slot.

He has limitless moveset potential with his two guns, Ebony and Ivory, the demon sword he wields, Sparda, the ability to wield a number of infernal arms including a motorcycle imbued with demonic energy that he uses as a buzzsaw and a literally electric guitar, and his game is filled with extremely flashy combos. He is the quintessential action game character, as his series set the gold standard (except for DmC2).

Even original series director and director of Bayonetta, Hideki Kamiya, has admitted that fans would love to see him and Bayonetta meet, and regretted not allowing it to happen in Project x Zone 2. Now's their chance.

View attachment 348062
View attachment 348063
I'm Suggesting Sackboy for this, He's one of the most iconic stars of Playstation and one that might fit well for smash bros.

More Info Later.
Is Lara Croft allowed or not? Either I missed a post or it was pretty ambiguous. If she's not allowed, then ignore this post, if she is, then....

Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
View attachment 348064

Lara Croft is one of the most iconic game characters in general and has been historically an icon of Playstation alongside Crash. Tomb Raider is a massive series and would be a great pick for the purpose of this job to be added.
View attachment 348069
Spyro
Spyro was a mascot for the latter half of the orginal Playstation's lifespan and is often closely related and associated with Crash Babdicoot, a fellow fighter on this game, With his many different incarnations and a recent spike in relevance Spyro would ba a great choices for this game thread.
My nomination:

Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)

View attachment 348074

His real name is Marcus Kane but he’s a clown that drives an ice cream truck. Twisted Metal is an iconic Sony franchise that’s about vehicular combat. We don’t have a character representing games involving the destruction of vehicles. Plus, this clown’s moveset would be unique as it involves the destruction of vehicles. There is a TV show coming soon based off of the video games so so definitely a unique pick here.

I was gonna go with Sly Cooper but wanted to be a bit more unique.
  1. Rachel & Clank
  2. Parapa the Rapper
  3. Aloy
  4. Kat
  5. Nathan Drake
  6. Kratos
  7. Makoto Naegi
  8. The Hunter from Bloodborne
  9. Wander
  10. Jin Sakai
  11. Dante
  12. Sackboy