• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I would honestly want to do the animal/platform fighter. I feel a simpler animal character like Frogger or AiAi would round out the pass. Plus, I have a Super Smash Bros Infinite reveal trailer idea for Frogger if he gets in.

D

Deleted member

Opinions -

Animal: Would be a good way to set apart from the two "humans" we've gotten so far. But as noted, a lot of good options are western, so with that and a Sonic character being out of the running maybe save it for later. I definitely wouldn't be opposed though.

Basic: Ironicly enough, we could get extremely creative here. I am a fan of gimmicky characters as I feel they give us more to work with personally but I know a lot of people aren't.

Female: Allways up for these. Probably the one that gives us the most to work with due to being extremely broad. Will probably be my pick but I could be swayed to go for any of these.

Cartoony: Feel the same way as I do about the animal character honestly. Would be a good way to set the pass apart but some good options are currently out of the running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Animal: Could have unique playstyle, so yes.

Basic: It would be too easy for play, but it would be kinda boring.

Female: Well, that's gonna be the best shot.

Cartoony: Too much scrimblo bimblo-ish.

I'm gonna pick Female over an Animal character. The animal character would be saved for next DLC spot.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Gotta go basic, we've had a lot too many gimmicks.

I'd also prefer basic to be a characrer who could have gimmicks, but won't.
If a character could have a gimmick to make them more interesting why shouldn't it be incorporated. The goal is to make them feel as close to their home game in this kind of environment nowadays.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I don’t see any use of including a traditionally gimmicky character without the gimmicks other to be contrary. It doesn’t make sense from a wide range of angles. Like, say if Strve didn’t have the mining gimmick but use used various items…it would lack the identity of Minecraft. On the reverse side, I’d rather see a character who wouldn’t be gimmicky to have a particular gimmick.

Anyways, that aside, I’m getting the feeling people want to see a female character included. Does Lara Croft count as a Japanese rep seeing as she’s sort owned by Square now.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Anyways, that aside, I’m getting the feeling people want to see a female character included. Does Lara Croft count as a Japanese rep seeing as she’s sort owned by Square now.
That's...a bit of a tough question, actually. She's adopted by the Japanese, but she started off British. Zagreus already covered the Western character slot of this season, but Supergiant is based in the USA, and Eidos, the people behind the Tomb Raider franchise, is situated in Britain. We've had characters from both countries in canon Smash (Rare is a British company and Dark Samus was made in Texas. Minecraft is Smash's first-ever Swedish franchise, but that's another story). Regardless, I may be getting too specific talking about Western franchises, but if I'm being honest, I'd say we call it half-and-half.

Last edited:
I don’t see any use of including a traditionally gimmicky character without the gimmicks other to be contrary. It doesn’t make sense from a wide range of angles. Like, say if Strve didn’t have the mining gimmick but use used various items…it would lack the identity of Minecraft. On the reverse side, I’d rather see a character who wouldn’t be gimmicky to have a particular gimmick.

Just like GolisoPower GolisoPower , it's half-on-half.
Unless we won't gonna count her origin company, but rather make her under Square-Enix company to make it fair.

Crazy Dave and PvZ is owned by EA, but he represents PopCap.
Darn, we could count EA as represented company, but Venus decided to dump EA for some reason. (Despite it's bad, but c'mon, a Celebration of Gaming!)
Sight, Banjo-Kazooie represents Rare, but from my perspective, he represents Microsoft so it's a difference comparing to Crazy Dave.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Legally Lara is Japanese but developed by a western studio, culturally and in a legacy standpoint, she is western. I think in this sort of situation, going with the later is better and more appropriate.

Also, Taito and both SE are japanese companies and Space Invaders was produced in Japan. Tomb Raider was not so it’s a false equivalency.

Last edited:
Legally Lara is Japanese but developed by a western studio, culturally and in a legacy standpoint, she is western. I think in this sort of situation, going with the later is better and more appropriate.

Also, Taito and both SE are japanese companies and Space Invaders was produced in Japan. Tomb Raider was not so it’s a false equivalency.
Maybe we should leave her on Backburner if we don't decide completely...

Also, the Space Invaders were meant as example for character type like Lara.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Our next newcomer submission will be of the female variety! We will be submitting content this evening but feel free to discuss potential candidiates.

DLC #3: Submit a Female Newcomer

1) It must be from a Japanese developer/game/studio
2) No Capcom characters (Phoenix)
3) No Visual Novel Characters (Phoenix)
4) No Indie Character (Zagreus)
5) No SNK (Iori is still close to the of the list and that character has the potential of coming after Zagreus)
6) 3rd party only
7) While we aren't saying no to "gimmicks", we are looking for a rather gimmick-free character. That being said, command inputs do not count for gimmicks in this regard.
8) Character can't utilize blue or dark red
9) No Sonic characters
10) Arle is disqualified due to being in the game
11) Character must have appeared on a Nintendo console or connected in some way such as the studio who developed the series having another game on a Nintendo console
12) Lara Croft is ineligible
13) This character and her series should be moderately popular. Her inclusion should bring with it notable hype and, most importantly, cash for Nintendo. Characters in DLC are meant to market the DLC itself and, seeing as how the DLC is our first Season Pass, having a strong lineup is important to set the tone. That being said, we are looking less for one-shot or side characters and more so for important and legacy-oriented fighters. Especially considering this character could be an E3 reveal if the timing is right.

When submitting, please provide a picture, the name, the series, and why this character and her series deserves to be included in Season Pass 1.

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Who is she?

Asuka is the main protagonist of Senran Kagura (閃乱カグラ, "Flash War Dance"), a hack-and-slash video game known for its fast-paced action and spicy tongue-in-cheek fanservice. Asuka is a kunoichi-in-training at Hanzo Academy, and one of the most popular girls in the series, second only to Gessen Academy third-year Yumi, who would debut in a later game, Estival Versus, and would even be chosen as the SK representative in BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle.

Why Asuka?

As I've explained before, Senran Kagura made its debut on the Nintendo 3DS with Senran Kagura: Portrait of Girls, and since then has developed a very niche yet very dedicated fanbase. The series even spawned some anime, various spin-offs (including one important enough to be one of the games shown off at the Nintendo Switch Presentation two months before the console's release), and even a crossover with Hyperdimension Neptunia on two separate occasions.

Now I know you people have your horny bats ready to bonk me and send me to horny jail but to be entirely fair, Aphrodite was practically unavoidable the moment we voted Zagreus. Besides, we already have a character who is literally designed by a hentai artist in the form of Pyra & Mythra, and even with all their design tweaks for Smash they're still the #1 most fanservicey characters in Ultimate, so we already have some precedent. The two Aegises apparently even have jiggle physics, another notable feature in Senran Kagura. We could tweak Asuka to be more fitting in Smash just like with Pyra and Mythra, and unlike Mai Shiranui, Asuka's design shown above feels a little more conservative.

Even outside of the series, Nintendo and Marvelous have a great relationship with each other, working together to release Daemon X Machina as a timed Switch exclusive, and they've also worked together on other series such as Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, and even games like No More Heroes and the Fate/Extra series. They've even collaborated for some Pokémon arcade games!

How would Asuka play?

Despite its main draw being that the series is the video game equivalent of HighSchool DxD, its bigger main draw is its fast-paced combat. Asuka would be a character similar to two other ninja characters we have in Smash: Sheik and Greninja, being a fast-paced rushdown character with a heavy focus on combos. But unlike those two, she would be more air-focused, as that's a unique mechanic Senran Kagura possesses: Aerial Raves. Basically, if you time your dash after performing an attack that launches an enemy into the air, you basically pursue that launched enemy quickly to continue the combo in the air. This could work similarly in Smash: if Asuka launches an opponent into the air using an attack with high knockback and presses the Jump button during end-lag, she will dash towards them in an attempt to continue the combo. We could balance this by making it so she can only travel so far before she starts falling, as some opponents could be just knocked too far for her to reach.

As for other capabilities, she's a dual wielder with two wakizashi blades, and as such, she would possess swift, multi-hitting attacks. She also has the ability to summon a giant toad that can fight alongside her at the risk of hitting her as collateral. The toad could leap as part of an Up Special.

Final Words

You said you lowkey wanted her, Venus, so I decided to go through with this suggestion. I'm actually a little nervous about this one, in all honesty, lol. Oh, and before anyone critiques me for this suggestion...

Gonna resubmit this.
Here I go back to horny jail-

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Gonna resubmit this.
Here I go back to horny jail-
I don’t know much of this series beyond …well…yeah but looking into it, I kind of like the idea Yumi as being playable due to her ice powers and use of fans; both something we don’t see a lot of.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I don’t know much of this series beyond …well…yeah but looking into it, I kind of like the idea Yumi as being playable due to her ice powers and use of fans; both something we don’t see a lot of.
True, but Yumi's design is a lot more...shall we say, "risque", even when compared to Pyra & Mythra. Asuka's the first protag of the whole franchise for one, and her design seems much more conservative. Not to mention in canon Smash, we thought Heihachi was gonna be the playable Tekken fighter for all his popularity, but then we got surprised when we found out it was Kazuya that turned out playable.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
DLC #3 Submission: Alis Lansdale (Phantasy Star)

683701ed916b10974db7cd8c0367a5be.jpg

Alis Lansdale is the protagonist of the first Phantasy Star video game. She is avenging the death of her brother and saves her star system, Algo from darkness. She is a swordsman and she set out on her mission befriending a lot of companions while saving her home planet.

Why should Alis be in this game?

If SEGA were to get another game represented for Super Smash Bros Infinte's DLC cycle, Phantasy Star is definitely deserving of it. Phantasy Star is one of the forefather franchises of the JRPG genre and was one of the first online RPG games which is big in video game history. The game also introduced the west to console RPG and pushed the boundaries of the genre. Also, she was one of the first female JRPG protagonists. Phantasy Star has been on Nintendo consoles before as well.

How would she fight?

Alis would have a combination of both of her appearances from Phantasy Star and Phantasy Star Online. Think of her playing like Link and Hero (without the command specials and only the fireball attacks). She'd be a rushdown based character and also have her down special be like the Wii Fit Trainer's Sun Salute move. She wouldn't be all that gimmicky. Also, there is the music too. Overall, Alis would be a perfect pick for this game for sure.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
DLC 3

Estelle Bright (Trails)

The Legend of Heroes series by Nihon Falcom is a Tactical JRPG Series that started in 1989 with a game simply titled "Dragon Slayer" but gained popularity in 2004 with the release of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. The series still continues to this day with an MCU Like connected story with Trails from Zero/Azure and the 4 Cold Steel Games as well as Trails to Reverie and Kuro No Kiseki. Each Series of games has a different Protagonist (Estelle, Lloyd, Rean, C, Van) as well as taking place in different parts around the fictional world.

This franchise also has a fantastic soundtrack.

Estelle herself wields a bo-staff and has many abilities with it and has access to a variety of Orbal Arts which is this franchises equivalent of Magic. Using these she could make quick work of her opponents.

As of Infinite we have no Bo-staff wielder and Falcom is one of the oldest Video Game Publishers not referenced in any way.

(I also joined this site to shill Estelle)

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Resubmitting.

Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars series)
View attachment 319907

Sakura Wars is a combination dating/social sim, visual novel, and tactical RPG (though primarily falls under social sim as it's all about building relationships) set during an alternate timeline version of the Taisho era of Japan, in a world where the Industrial Revolution made steam power the primary source of energy. Sakura is the newest member of Tokyo's Flower Division (a defense force and theater troupe who fight demons and bring joy to the hearts of those they protect) and titular character of the series.

Why should we include Sakura Wars in Smash?
The series was a runaway hit from the Saturn-era, and is by far SEGA's most beloved series in Japan, outselling other franchises by the millions. On top of that, all of the genres it represents, social sim, and tactics RPG have been changed forever by the series' distinct mechanics, including, for example, Codename: S.T.E.A.M and Danganronpa.

In addition, we currently don't have anyone on the roster who wields a katana like Sakura. Her fighting style would involve a mix of swordplay, use of her spiritual power, common items from her life living at the theater, and even her mechanized defender unit, her Koubu. Yeah, that's right, it's a cute anime girl in a steampunk mech. What more could you ask for?

Oh, and just for good measure, it's got incredible music. This is a multimedia franchise so beloved in Japan, there's multiple anime, stage shows, and collectible merch, including plenty of model kits! And it's start to become less and less obscure in the states, and even returned after over a decade-long hiatus, and with a legacy of almost 25 years, she's been around so much longer than your "Minecrafts" and "Style Savvys."

Sakura and her fellow franchise characters are no strangers to crossovers - Project x Zone, Phantasy Star Online, Super Robot Wars, Star Ocean... and a chance here for Smash.

A Taisho era tale to touch hearts... SAKURA LOVES TO BATTLE!

She had a game on the Wii and two on Game Boy Color, and numerous crossover appearances; plus she's essentially the SEGA of Japan mascot, routinely outselling the Blue Blur in their home county back in the day. Also, as far as genre, she's from a Tactics RPG/Dating (Social) Sim. She could also either fight with a katana in her base form or theoretically in her steampunk mecha (Koubu) but I personally feel that should be for her final Smash. We don't have a theater stage either, and it's the most obvious choice for her.

Last edited:
DLC 3:
Kasumi (Dead or Alive)

Kasumi makes the fight dead or alive!

(Sorry for no photos, I'm on Mobile)
Who is Kasumi?
Kasumi is main Protagonist of Koei Tecmo's fighting game "Dead or Alive" series, which it debuted back in 1996..
In the games' canon, Kasumi, also known as "the Kunoichi of Destiny", is a teenage ninja princess who has left her clan, becoming an outcast and is pursued by her younger half-sister Ayane. There are several Dead or Alive player and boss characters who are clones of her. She also guest appeared in various other games, including Team Ninja's other flagship series Ninja Gaiden where she and Ayane play much bigger roles.

Kasumi has become a symbol of the Dead or Alive franchise and is the personal favourite of Team Ninja's founder and the series' creator Tomonobu Itagaki. She has been the subject of various merchandise and was used to promote the Xbox consoles in Japan. Kasumi is a popular *** symbol in video game culture and an iconic ninja character. Due to differences in cultural norms, she has attracted some controversy in the West involving eroticism and the use of underage female characters in video games.
She would be toned down in Smash Infinite to make her Family-Friendly like censoring her outfit, removing the inappropriate content and etc.
(Source taken from Wikipedia)

How she could fight in Smash?
Despite her game is 3D Fighting Game, she is no stranger to 2.5 Fighting games, since we have Kazuya in the game and it works, so she could also work in the game.
Her moveset potential could borrow from her game like she could use her signature moves. Also she could borrow attacks from other character from to series.
Her Final Smash could be her Ultimate-like move from "Dead or Alive", which she could really kick the opponents' backs.
Her playstyle could be like Ryu or other fighting game character, but she would be Middleweight ajd she could have ability to wall jump because of being a Ninja (Sorry Ryu Hayabusa).

Why Kasumi in Smash?
Well, here's the explanation why she could join the Roster.
First, because she is very popular *** symbol in VG culture like I mentioned earlier, which it can lead to popularity of Character and it's series. She even appeared on Nintendo Consoles like she appeared on "Dead or Alive: Dimensions", which it had Pyrosphere, meaning that she could have some connection to Smash series.
Besides that, Koei Tecmo collabed with Nintendo many times like they made FE Warriors or Hyrule Warriors, which her inclusion would make her more likely into Smash. Despite Ryu Hayabusa could take the Koei Tecmo spot, but I reserved for Female character Kasumi, since she could be first fighting game character in this season.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was going to submit Ryas from Atlier but I decided on this fighter. I didn’t get Skull Kid, Chrono was shot down, and so here on I am…pleading that we add one of my most wanteds in Smash…

2B

NeiR Automata

Commanding System: Check
Prompts Completed: Check
Hype Percentage Calculated: 75%
Black Box Temperature: Normal
Moveset Potential: Omega Level
Company Onboard: Confirmed
Vitals:
Green
Worthy of being DLC: Confirmed

YoRHA requests confirmation by Nintendo HQ for YoRHa No.2 Type B to participate in the greatest battle for humanity. Unit is ready to engage in hostiles upon receiving the Invitation Message Program. Unit 2B will come equipped with only the best tools to wipe away any threat. Despite her heavy frame, she remains quick and agile with remarkable attack speed on levels not seen yet. Unit 2B would be a mobile heavyweight with attacks to fit almost any situation which makes her. A flexible and malleable fighter unlike many in the database. Unit 2B will be accompanied by a YoRHA Pod which is capable of dozens of different programs which aim to defeat any enemy she may encounter. What program she had access to is for you to decide.

Hardly does any fighter have such a list of potential attacks to choose from. Unit 2B has plenty of attacks to choose from with both stance-based weaponry, projectiles, and even self-detonation. If this does not convince you that 2B would be a worthwhile addition, perhaps this may convince you to include 2B:

One of 2B’s most flexible aspects is the use of POD which can fire out various types of projectiles or even be used for attacks. The POD is 2B’s most trusted helper so it would make logical sense to have the POS be carefully grafted into her moveset.

The software program NieR Automata has a plethora of content to choose from with such locations such as Abandoned Factory, City Ruins, Forest Kingdom, or Amusement Park. These locations offer plenty of content which YoRHA believes would transition well into Smash variables. Speaking of YoRHA, we have dozens of personnel and databases on enemies to provide as both cameos and Spirits not to mention assist trophies, bosses, and other includable content.

And dare we mention how NieR Automata won the Best Gaming Score in 2017 (according to Wikipedia). Our processors believe that including such a score would be a huge success in Smash with plenty of tracks to choose from. We scoured our musical databases and found this to be of significance. Plus, focusing heavily on this amazing soundtrack would be fitting considering it’s win in 2017

We implore you to explore more of this, as humans say, breathtaking soundtrack here:

The consensus chose several tracks for your audio input pleasure as the music of this software is one reason why the authority wants to see 2B imported into the Smash mainframe

YoRHA databases indicate several other potential engrams which can be imported such as an assist trophy of A2 or Pascal, a Pascal Master Spirit, robotic enemies for Smash Dungeon as well as a Smash Dungeon level, and more.

The We understand that some users might not see the appeal of such a fighter and series to be imported due to a lack of general relevancy and important. NieR:Automata won many accolades and awards when it was released and 2B saw herself imported to other games such as SoulCalibur to much excitement. Indeed, 2B could be becoming just as irrelevant as potential one hit wonders. That being said, 2B still enjoys a lot of popularity due to her roll for being in a successful NeiR game; something that never happened before due to the lack of success in the series. This would also be a great way to incorporate this unit in.

Also, just incase this logic wasn’t enough…here is an idea how she would look compared to everyone else while smashing

This was done by a consensus within YoRHA but written in a way that is more approachable for past humans. We truly hope, for the sake of mankind, that YoRHA Unit 2B is included.

Disconnected…

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
DLC Pass 3

Heather Morris - Silent Hill 3

I don't have a ton of time to do this before the submissions close so I'll go jot dot style here

• Heather is one of the protagonists from the Silent Hill series, which is one of the most iconic series in the horror genre
  • Silent Hill 3 was very well received critically
  • Even though Resident Evil was added, there's still a good deal of horror games that should have a spotlight in Smash. A great 2nd choice for that genre would be Silent HIll
  • SH was developed by Konami, who already has a ton of content and playable fighters in the game. Silent Hill is a series that for whatever reason though just hasn't gotten the same smash buzz as other series in the same situation
  • Heather would be a pretty decent surprise to rep the series. For a SH rep someone would probably expect a character like Pyramid Head. Heather is also pretty important to the series for spoiler reasons I obviously can't post here.
For those reasons above I think Heather would be a great pick for Smash. If anyone else wants to pop in with some more reasoning feel free. Like I said, time constraints are limited me here

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I was going to submit Ryas from Atlier but I decided on this fighter. I didn’t get Skull Kid, Chrono was shot down, and so here on I am…pleading that we add one of my most wanteds in Smash…

2B

NeiR Automata

Commanding System: Check
Prompts Completed: Check
Hype Percentage Calculated: 75%
Black Box Temperature: Normal
Moveset Potential: Omega Level
Company Onboard: Confirmed
Vitals:
Green
Worthy of being DLC: Confirmed

YoRHA requests confirmation by Nintendo HQ for YoRHa No.2 Type B to participate in the greatest battle for humanity. Unit is ready to engage in hostiles upon receiving the Invitation Message Program. Unit 2B will come equipped with only the best tools to wipe away any threat. Despite her heavy frame, she remains quick and agile with remarkable attack speed on levels not seen yet. Unit 2B would be a mobile heavyweight with attacks to fit almost any situation which makes her. A flexible and malleable fighter unlike many in the database. Unit 2B will be accompanied by a YoRHA Pod which is capable of dozens of different programs which aim to defeat any enemy she may encounter. What program she had access to is for you to decide.

Hardly does any fighter have such a list of potential attacks to choose from. Unit 2B has plenty of attacks to choose from with both stance-based weaponry, projectiles, and even self-detonation. If this does not convince you that 2B would be a worthwhile addition, perhaps this may convince you to include 2B:

One of 2B’s most flexible aspects is the use of POD which can fire out various types of projectiles or even be used for attacks. The POD is 2B’s most trusted helper so it would make logical sense to have the POS be carefully grafted into her moveset.

The software program NieR Automata has a plethora of content to choose from with such locations such as Abandoned Factory, City Ruins, Forest Kingdom, or Amusement Park. These locations offer plenty of content which YoRHA believes would transition well into Smash variables. Speaking of YoRHA, we have dozens of personnel and databases on enemies to provide as both cameos and Spirits not to mention assist trophies, bosses, and other includable content.

And dare we mention how NieR Automata won the Best Gaming Score in 2017 (according to Wikipedia). Our processors believe that including such a score would be a huge success in Smash with plenty of tracks to choose from. We scoured our musical databases and found this to be of significance. Plus, focusing heavily on this amazing soundtrack would be fitting considering it’s win in 2017

We implore you to explore more of this, as humans say, breathtaking soundtrack here:

The consensus chose several tracks for your audio input pleasure as the music of this software is one reason why the authority wants to see 2B imported into the Smash mainframe

YoRHA databases indicate several other potential engrams which can be imported such as an assist trophy of A2 or Pascal, a Pascal Master Spirit, robotic enemies for Smash Dungeon as well as a Smash Dungeon level, and more.

The We understand that some users might not see the appeal of such a fighter and series to be imported due to a lack of general relevancy and important. NieR:Automata won many accolades and awards when it was released and 2B saw herself imported to other games such as SoulCalibur to much excitement. Indeed, 2B could be becoming just as irrelevant as potential one hit wonders. That being said, 2B still enjoys a lot of popularity due to her roll for being in a successful NeiR game; something that never happened before due to the lack of success in the series. This would also be a great way to incorporate this unit in.

Also, just incase this logic wasn’t enough…here is an idea how she would look compared to everyone else while smashing

This was done by a consensus within YoRHA but written in a way that is more approachable for past humans. We truly hope, for the sake of mankind, that YoRHA Unit 2B is included.

Disconnected…
Neither she nor her series have ever appeared on a Nintendo system tho

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord

Haruka Amami
【IDOLM@STER】

One of the main heroine of IDOLM@ASTER, a Bandai Namco game about managing your own group of girls who dream to become an idol with a goal to aspire everyone. The game is a combination of both simulation and rhythm genre of game with the first entry released as an arcade but was later ported onto Xbox 360 and became a household name, especially in Japan. The first iteration consists of 13 members and is part of the 765 Production agency, one of them is named Haruka Amami and you could say that she's the leader while also serving as the series' mascot. It's an underestimation on how big the series is having release their own CDs to a whopping success, cameo-ing in various Bamco games notably the Tales series, and is the favorite among the 2 men of legend.

As far as new genre goes she's the second one to ever appear in Smash right after Barista from Rhythm Heaven, with how Barista turns out to be I think Haruka could have a pretty unique playstyle weaponizing her singing voice which, to my knowledge has been done by Jigglypuff and several Assist and Pokemon on a limited capacity, while everyone expecting her to have a complicated gimmick like Barista I'd say that she can be a straightforward fighter, there are many ways to interpret her one of which by emphasizing her hardships on becoming an idol, have her moves be difficult to master by beginners and once you got the hang of it you can easily move at your own pace and give a great performance to the audience.

That's the gist of how she performs but how can she bring her appeal? Well the great thing about idol games is how many customization options are given and Idolm@ster is no exception, she has a big wardrobe that could easily fill all 12 slots. There are a few notable ones but these are ones that show how good her outfit gets:

Of course what constitutes a rhythm game if not for their selection of songs which in this case are all-vocal performances, there's the no brainer meme song that, at this point is a must choice the Go Step on Vampire Girl or something but also some from the anime and the female-oriented SideM where instead of cute girls it's all handsome boys :3 The game has a lot of entries including the aforementioned SideM, so here are some example:

Well then, I hope you enjoy the presentation and don't forget everyone!

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Dojo, casino, it's all in the mind...

leave it to...
Lammy!
Let me get something out of the way, I did read the rules so I know there's somewhat of a rule against characters who haven't appeared on Nintendo consoles - Lammy, being a Sony character, might seem strange in this regard, however there is another factor here to consider:
Character must have appeared on a Nintendo console or connected in some way such as the studio who developed the series having another game on a Nintendo console
NanaOn-Sha, the developers of the PaRappa the Rapper/UmJammer Lammy franchise, have released a variety of games on Nintendo platforms - notably Major Minor's Majestic March for Wii, which uses the same artstyle as PTR. Additionally, while it's said that side characters are to be avoided (though not explicitly stated as inellegible), Lammy appears in 2 games out of a 3-game-franchise and is the protagonist of the instalment generally considered the best so I still believe she qualifies.

That aside, who is Lammy?
Lammy is the protagonist of the PlayStation 1 rhythm game Um Jammer Lammy, the second instalment in the historically significant PaRappa the Rapper franchise, and a side character in the plot of its sequel, PaRappa the Rapper 2. She is the anxious guitarist of the girlband MilkCan who, when in a pinch, imagines a guitar in her hands and performs with ease - firefighting, baby rearing, plane piloting, and even escaping eternal damnation are incredibly easy for her once she puts her mind to it and (um)jams out.

Why should Lammy be added?
The PaRappa the Rapper series is extremely important to gaming history as the first modern rhythm game. Additionally she would give Smash its much-needed first Sony rep. Most of the female fighters in Smash thus far have been conventionally attractive human women, so a paper-flat teenage sheep would be an interesting change from the norm.

What would Lammy do in battle?
Lammy is a guitar player who imagines guitars to succeed - in Smash I feel Lammy would be somewhat of a make-shift axe user who, instead of imagining a guitar, imagines her guitar turning into the many faux-instruments she used in the game - which would include:

1. A fire hose
  2. A baby
  3. A plane's steering wheel
  4. A chainsaw
Additionally, you could also have references to the other PaRappa games as transformations for her guitar, which could add on - as an example:
  1. a car's steering wheel (Instructor Mooselini)
  2. a spoon or whisk (Cheap Cheap the Cooking Chicken)
  3. hair scissors (Hairdresser Octopus)
  4. chopsticks (Colonel Noodle)

Why Lammy over PaRappa?
because she's technically elegible for this job whille parappa isnt, shush.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Are we still pretending like that's a factor?
It should be, considering literally every character in Smash history follows the rule. It's not a pattern, and has been expressly stated to be a rule by Sakurai, who noted he would have had misgivings if Cloud hadn't been in KH first.

Dojo, casino, it's all in the mind...

leave it to...
Lammy!

Let me get something out of the way, I did read the rules so I know there's somewhat of a rule against characters who haven't appeared on Nintendo consoles - Lammy, being a Sony character, might seem strange in this regard, however there is another factor here to consider:

NanaOn-Sha, the developers of the PaRappa the Rapper/UmJammer Lammy franchise, have released a variety of games on Nintendo platforms - notably Major Minor's Majestic March for Wii, which uses the same artstyle as PTR. Additionally, while it's said that side characters are to be avoided (though not explicitly stated as inellegible), Lammy appears in 2 games out of a 3-game-franchise and is the protagonist of the instalment generally considered the best so I still believe she qualifies.

That aside, who is Lammy?
Lammy is the protagonist of the PlayStation 1 rhythm game Um Jammer Lammy, the second instalment in the historically significant PaRappa the Rapper franchise, and a side character in the plot of its sequel, PaRappa the Rapper 2. She is the anxious guitarist of the girlband MilkCan who, when in a pinch, imagines a guitar in her hands and performs with ease - firefighting, baby rearing, plane piloting, and even escaping eternal damnation are incredibly easy for her once she puts her mind to it and (um)jams out.

Why should Lammy be added?
The PaRappa the Rapper series is extremely important to gaming history as the first modern rhythm game. Additionally she would give Smash its much-needed first Sony rep. Most of the female fighters in Smash thus far have been conventionally attractive human women, so a paper-flat teenage sheep would be an interesting change from the norm.

What would Lammy do in battle?
Lammy is a guitar player who imagines guitars to succeed - in Smash I feel Lammy would be somewhat of a make-shift axe user who, instead of imagining a guitar, imagines her guitar turning into the many faux-instruments she used in the game - which would include:

1. A fire hose
  2. A baby
  3. A plane's steering wheel
  4. A chainsaw
Additionally, you could also have references to the other PaRappa games as transformations for her guitar, which could add on - as an example:
  1. a car's steering wheel (Instructor Mooselini)
  2. a spoon or whisk (Cheap Cheap the Cooking Chicken)
  3. hair scissors (Hairdresser Octopus)
  4. chopsticks (Colonel Noodle)

Why Lammy over PaRappa?
because she's technically elegible for this job whille parappa isnt, shush.
A fine example of why the Nintendo rule should stay. To curb out ridiculous nonsense like this. To avoid cases of "well, through connections of developer..."

Which is not the same thing as actually appearing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom