• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Yoshi enemies:
Fuzzy

Any kind of contact with Fuzzy (including from projectiles) will leave you stunned and dizzy. It does not have screen shaking effects though.

Pak E. Derm

Carries a stop sign which will stop you from passing through. He will sometimes turn around, which leaves him open if you're facing his behind. You can quite easily jump atop the sign, but if you land on it you'll take very small damage

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
ECHO VOTING IS LIVE
Refer to Venus's discussion announcement post for each individual submission
Zelda Spirits actually with details this time, mainly Hyrule warriors edition​
Divine Beasts (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild) (Artwork: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
Class: Legend ★★★★
Type: Support Neutral
Effect: Giant Killer, 1 Slot
  • Summon with the cores of Daruk, Mipha, Revali, Urbosa, and Guardian
Monk Maz Koshia (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: The Champion's Ballad) (Artwork: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
Class: Advanced ★★
Type: Primary Grab, 2 Slots
Effect: PSI Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Bunny Ganondorf (White)
  • Stage: Great Plateau
  • Music Track: Vs. Monk Maz Koshia medley
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions: The enemy is easy to launch, The enemy has increased Attacks, Certain items will appear in large numbers (crates, barrels)
1627747855594.png
Great Fairies (The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild) (Artwork: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
Class: Novice ★
Type: Support Shield
Effect: Lip's Stick Equipped, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Giant Peach (White), Giant Peach (Purple), Giant Peach (Green), Giant Peach (Pink)
  • Stage: Great Cave Offensive (Omega)
  • Music Track: Song of Healing
  • Conditions: The enemy has a sudden final smash, The enemy favors back air, The enemy favors Up Smash, Certain items will appear in large numbers (Fairy Bottle)
1627747800559.png
Harbringer Ganon (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
Warriors: Age of Calamity)
Type: Support Attack
Effect: Can be Evolved, 1 Slot
  • Summon from the Cores of the Diminutive Guardian, Astor, and 3 Attack Type Spirits
Calamity Ganon (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity) (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
Effect: Critical Fast Final Smash Meter ↑ ↑, 3 Slots
  • Evolve from the Harbringer Ganon Spirit
Astor (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
Class: Ace ★★★
Type: Primary Grab, 1 Slot
Effect:
  • Puppet Fighter: Robin (Blue), Tiny R.O.B. (Red)
  • Stage: Dracula's Castle
  • Music Track: Push Forward
  • Conditions: The enemy favors Down Special, Defeat the Main Fighter to win, The enemy has increased Special Attacks
Sooga (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity)
Type: Primary Attack, 2 Slots
Effect: Sword Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Giant Mii Swordfighter (2123, Yiga Clan Outfit)
  • Stage: Suzaka Castle
  • Music Track: Strong Enemy
  • Conditions: The enemy spawns with a killing edge, Certain items spawn in large numbers (Banana Peel), The enemy is easily distracted by items, The enemy has super armor
1627747740076.png
Guardians of Time (Hyrule Warriors)
Type: Primary Neutral, 3 Slots
Effect: Weapon Attack & Move Speed ↑
  • Summon from the Cores of Lana, Cia, and Dialga

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Smash Infinite thread mods learn how to use Google Docs challenge (IMPOSSIBLE)
Pinging us is a far better way to let us know about an issue. I know it was sarcasm/attempt at humor but, really, please just ping or quote us to let us know if we do mess up so we can quickly fix it.

Also, I do want to thank Krookodilian for taking the wheel and getting the vote out as I was signing leases and setting up utilities for the house my family is moving to for most of the day. The leadership team has been extremely helpful and understanding of my situation during this past month. While my future with this thread is looking far less involve, it comforts me to know that there is an amazing team dedicated to seeing this through.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Voting will continue until tomorrow

Submissions for enemies will continue for five+ more hours.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
I'd like to retract my Spearhead enemy and submit two Yoshi enemies
Bushydo

The Bushydo acts exactly as it does in Yoshi's Crafted World: It walks slowly and swings its sword downwards. It's a powerful enemy, but not powerful enough to be considered a miniboss. Getting hit by the flat part of the sword near the top buries you. I chose these enemies because they represent the newest game in the series.

Toadies

The Toadies would pick you up and either
1. Pick you up, carry you to a high place, and drop you, dealing damage when you hit the ground.
2. Pick you up and either carry you to a pit or carry you off-stage.
These enemies are found in groups of 4. I chose these enemies because they are classics that have been around since the beginning of the series.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Smash Dungeon Enemy
Genome Soldiers - Metal Gear Solid

BZhflEYIVphrOTG3mdHfpigFtUj6KHGOaPCY3xQecDA.jpg

The Genome Soldiers, officially known as the Next-Generation Special Forces, are the enemy type encountered most regularly in 1998's Metal Gear Solid. The "genome" part of their moniker refers to the fact that they have all been genetically modified to receive the genes (via injection) of the greatest soldier who ever lived, Big Boss. These so-called "soldier genes," which heightened their senses and skills in combat.

There are several Genome Soldier Types, these being the NBC Warfare Troop in Yellow, Arctic Warfare Troop in White, Heavily Armed Troop in Blue and Light Infantry Troop in Green. In Smash Infinite these variations would only differ in stats and other minor differences and would all be contained under the "Genome Soldier" umbrella.

Their function is as follows. When the enemy has not detected the player, they would normally patrol along a certain route. This gives the player an opportunity to deal with the enemy in a pacifist way, and continue their adventure in the dungeon without facing them, just like in the Metal Gear games.
Though if the player appears in the Soldier's line of sight, the enemy will get in Alert Mode. In this state, the enemy will converge on the player and attack. The mode is accompanied by the iconic exclamation point appearing above the enemy, with sound effect and all, once they're alerted by your presence. Alert mode remains in effect until the enemy either loses sight of the player or is defeated. If the player is playing with Snake, they can activate the taunt where he equips the cardboard box disguise to not alert the enemy despite being in their line of sight.

These Genome Soldiers have minor differences, and their variations depend on the biome the player is currently in. They all behave the same, and fight with their trusty CERO-approved Italian 9mm-inspired handgun and CERO-approved M67 Frag-inspired grenade depending on their relative distance to the player.
  • The NBC Warfare Troop would patrol in junk and poison-based biomes. Their grenades would inflict a poison status effect to the player.
  • The Arctic Warfare Troop would patrol in snow and ice-based biomes. These don't really have anything special about them.
  • The Heavily Armed Troop would patrol in city and wasteland-based biomes. These have increased defense.
  • The Light Infantry Troop would patrol in city and grass-based biomes. These have decreased defense, but they shoot out their bullets faster.
These buddies are as iconic as Metal Gear Solid enemies get, well apart from the titular Metal Gear themselves lol.

----------

Got some Spirits lined up as well, not much but it's something

Stray Fairy (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
(Artwork: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D)
Category: Support
Type: Shield
Ability: Can Be Evolved (Evolves into Great Fairy spirit)
  • Puppet Fighter: Tiny Reimu x 5 [Orange, Pink, Green, Violet, & Yellow preferably], Giant Zelda [Blue]
  • Stage: Fountain of Dreams [Battlefield]
  • Music Track: Clock Town Medley
  • Conditions:
    • Health Recovery
    • Reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd
    • The enemy's special moves have increased power [Zelda]
    • The enemy is healed significantly when the enemy's at high damage [Zelda]
Deku Royal Family (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
Type: Grab
Ability: Improved Escape
  • Puppet Fighter: Young Link (Deku Form) [Orange] x 3, Giant Young Link (Deku Form) [Red]
  • Stage: Kongo Jungle
  • Music Track: Mine Cart Carnage
  • Conditions:
    • Item: Fairy Bottle
    • Join forces with a CPU ally [Tiny Diddy Kong (White)]
    • You lose if your CPU ally is KO'd
Alice Margatroid (Touhou Kaikidan ~ Mystic Square)
(Artwork: Touhou Eiyashou ~ Imperishable Night)
Category: Primary
Ability: Magic Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Robin [Red], Tiny Peach/Daisy Team (x10)
  • Stage: Hakurei Shrine [Alice Cameo]
  • Music Track: Doll Judgement ~ the Girl Who Played with People's Shapes
  • Conditions:
    • Defeat the main fighter to win
    • The enemy starts the battle with an Armorslayer [Peach]
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Killing Edge [Daisy]
    • The enemy is less affected by gravity
    • All fighters have increased projectile power
Benben Tsukumo & Yatsuhashi Tsukumo (Touhou Kishinjou ~ Double Dealing Character)
Type: Attack
Ability: Easy Rhythm
  • Puppet Fighter: Marin [Orange preferably], Marin [Black preferably]
  • Stage: Bowser's Castle
  • Music Track: Illusionary Joururi (New Remix)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy favors Neutral Special
Okina Matara (Touhou Tenkuushou ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons)
Type: Neutral
Ability: Can be Evolved
  • Puppet Fighter: Reimu [Orange]
  • Stage: Final Destination
  • Music Track: Secret God Matara ~ Hidden Star in All Seasons
  • Conditions:
    • Item: Back Shield
    • The enemy's FS Meter charges quickly
    • The enemy will charge up a powerful Final Smash
    • The enemy is easily distracted by items
Th16Okina-Ex.png
Okina Matara (Extra Stage) (Touhou Tenkuushou ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons)
Ability: Jam Meter Charge [slows down U.I. meters, like Cloud's Limit Break]
  • Evolve from the Okina Matara spirit

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Smash Dungeon Enemy
Genome Soldiers - Metal Gear Solid

View attachment 324919

The Genome Soldiers, officially known as the Next-Generation Special Forces, are the enemy type encountered most regularly in 1998's Metal Gear Solid. The "genome" part of their moniker refers to the fact that they have all been genetically modified to receive the genes (via injection) of the greatest soldier who ever lived, Big Boss. These so-called "soldier genes," which heightened their senses and skills in combat.

There are several Genome Soldier Types, these being the NBC Warfare Troop in Yellow, Arctic Warfare Troop in White, Heavily Armed Troop in Blue and Light Infantry Troop in Green. In Smash Infinite these variations would only differ in stats and other minor differences and would all be contained under the "Genome Soldier" umbrella.

Their function is as follows. When the enemy has not detected the player, they would normally patrol along a certain route. This gives the player an opportunity to deal with the enemy in a pacifist way, and continue their adventure in the dungeon without facing them, just like in the Metal Gear games.
Though if the player appears in the Soldier's line of sight, the enemy will get in Alert Mode. In this state, the enemy will converge on the player and attack. The mode is accompanied by the iconic exclamation point appearing above the enemy, with sound effect and all, once they're alerted by your presence. Alert mode remains in effect until the enemy either loses sight of the player or is defeated. If the player is playing with Snake, they can activate the taunt where he equips the cardboard box disguise to not alert the enemy despite being in their line of sight.

These Genome Soldiers have minor differences, and their variations depend on the biome the player is currently in. They all behave the same, and fight with their trusty CERO-approved Italian 9mm-inspired handgun and CERO-approved M67 Frag-inspired grenade depending on their relative distance to the player.
  • The NBC Warfare Troop would patrol in junk and poison-based biomes. Their grenades would inflict a poison status effect to the player.
  • The Arctic Warfare Troop would patrol in snow and ice-based biomes. These don't really have anything special about them.
  • The Heavily Armed Troop would patrol in city and wasteland-based biomes. These have increased defense.
  • The Light Infantry Troop would patrol in city and grass-based biomes. These have decreased defense, but they shoot out their bullets faster.
These buddies are as iconic as Metal Gear Solid enemies get, well apart from the titular Metal Gear themselves lol.

----------

Got some Spirits lined up as well, not much but it's something

Stray Fairy (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
(Artwork: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D)
Ability: Can Be Evolved (Evolves into Great Fairy spirit)
  • Puppet Fighter: Tiny Reimu x 5 [Orange, Pink, Green, Violet, & Yellow preferably], Giant Zelda [Blue]
  • Stage: Fountain of Dreams [Battlefield]
  • Music Track: Clock Town Medley
  • Conditions:
    • Health Recovery
    • The enemy's special moves have increased power [Zelda]
    • The enemy is healed significantly when the enemy's at high damage [Zelda]
Deku Royal Family (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask)
Ability: Improved Escape
  • Puppet Fighter: Young Link (Deku Form) [Orange] x 3, Giant Young Link (Deku Form) [Red]
  • Stage: Kongo Jungle
  • Music Track: Mine Cart Carnage
  • Conditions:
    • Item: Fairy Bottle
    • Join forces with a CPU ally [Tiny Diddy Kong (White)]
    • You lose if your CPU ally is KO'd
Alice Margatroid (Touhou Kaikidan ~ Mystic Square)
(Artwork: Touhou Eiyashou ~ Imperishable Night)
Ability: Magic Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Robin [Red], Tiny Peach/Daisy Team (x10)
  • Stage: Hakurei Shrine [Alice Cameo]
  • Music Track: Doll Judgement ~ the Girl Who Played with People's Shapes
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy starts the battle with an Armorslayer [Peach]
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Killing Edge [Daisy]
    • All fighters have increased shooting power
Benben Tsukumo & Yatsuhashi Tsukumo (Touhou Kishinjou ~ Double Dealing Character)
Ability: Easy Rhythm
  • Puppet Fighter: Marin [Orange preferably], Marin [Black preferably]
  • Music Track: Illusionary Joururi (New Remix)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy favors Neutral Special
Okina Matara (Touhou Tenkuushou ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons)
Type: Neutral
Ability: Can be Evolved
  • Puppet Fighter: Reimu [Orange]
  • Stage: Final Destination
  • Music Track: Secret God Matara ~ Hidden Star in All Seasons
  • Conditions:
    • Item: Back Shield
    • The enemy's FS Meter charges quickly
    • The enemy will charge up a powerful Final Smash
    • The enemy is easily distracted by items
Okina Matara (Extra Stage) (Touhou Tenkuushou ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons)
Ability: Jam Meter Charge [slows down U.I. meters, like Cloud's Limit Break]
  • Evolve from the Okina Matara spirit
Nice idea for enemies. But do they like to S P E E N ?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'd like to retract my Spearhead enemy and submit two Yoshi enemies
Bushydo

The Bushydo acts exactly as it does in Yoshi's Crafted World: It walks slowly and swings its sword downwards. It's a powerful enemy, but not powerful enough to be considered a miniboss. Getting hit by the flat part of the sword near the top buries you. I chose these enemies because they represent the newest game in the series.

Toadies

The Toadies would pick you up and either
1. Pick you up, carry you to a high place, and drop you, dealing damage when you hit the ground.
2. Pick you up and either carry you to a pit or carry you off-stage.
These enemies are found in groups of 4. I chose these enemies because they are classics that have been around since the beginning of the series.
We are only doing one for each series. As I mentioned earlier, anyone’s that get multiple submissions will have a vote. You can still do them but we will vote on any Yoshi enemies we receive.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
We are only doing one for each series. As I mentioned earlier, anyone’s that get multiple submissions will have a vote. You can still do them but we will vote on any Yoshi enemies we receive.
I'm not sure if this means that I can only submit one enemy, or if this means that we'll be voting on series with multiple submissions, but if it's the latter, then I am aware.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm not sure if this means that I can only submit one enemy, or if this means that we'll be voting on series with multiple submissions, but if it's the latter, then I am aware.
I didn't properly tell people to submit one enemy per series so we will be going forth with the submissions.

Here are our submissions for Smash Dungeon enemies! For now, we are only accepting one submission except Yoshi to be included per franchise. We may revist these later on down the road.

Please go here to vote for the Enemies

Spirit Submissions: Sports Themed

While we are currently working on adding Legend of Zelda related Spirits, this may be a good time to start a small event related to Sports themes in honor of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. While the Olympics have been controversial both in Japan and abroad, it can't be denied this is a massive event for athletes and the world as a whole. To commemorate the start of these postponed games, we will be allowing Sports and Athletics-themed Spirits and Spirit Battles. And yes, we will be allowing for Mario & Sonic Olympics-related Spirits and relevant art. These will be included within the Mario universe and Sonic universe. This event can also use content from Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics. As per usual, Spirit Submissions must be from games that have appeared on a Nintendo console. Spirits that seem way to outlandish/obscure may be vetoed by the staff.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
on the topic of Mario & Sonic at the Olympics spirits, most characters who already have spirits but this time are wearing ice skates or gear will likely not be accepted. I'm not sure what else there is to submit from that series of games but take that into account before submitting.

More Zelda Spirits: OoT edition
These are the rest of the Sages, recurring Zelda enemies, the iconic Phantom Ganon, and the admittedly deep cut Zora King who was a sticker in Brawl. (Plus Deku Butler's Son from Majora's Mask, since he's become quite iconic due to the theories surrounding him)
Rauru (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Type: Support Grab
Effect: Gravity-Change Immunity, 2 Slots
  • Evolve from the Kaepora Gaebora spirit
Iron Knuckle (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Nabooru (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Type: Support Attack, 1 Slot
Effect: Can be Evolved
  • Puppet Fighter: Byleth (Red), Mii Brawler (Shantae)
  • Stage: Gerudo Valley
  • Music Track: Gerudo Valley
  • Conditions: Reinforcements will spawn after the main fighter is defeated, The enemy favors Down Attacks (Byleth),
Nabooru (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Type: Support Attack, 1 Slots
Effect: Easier Dodging
  • Evolve from the Iron Knuckle Spirit
Princess Ruto (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Type: Primary Shield, 3 Slots
Effect: Water Attack ↑
  • Enhance from the Princess Ruto (Young) Spirit
Ruto is now an advanced spirit and enhances at Lv. 99.
1627753264068.png
Phantom Ganon (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Type: Primary Neutral, 1 Slot
Effect: Impact Run
  • Puppet Fighter: Ganondorf (Red)
  • Stage: Hyrule Castle
  • Music Track: Boss Battle (Ocarina of Time)
  • Conditions: Certain items spawn in large numbers (Black Hole), The enemy has increased speed, The enemy deals damage upon impact
1627752823238.png
Skulltula (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Type: Neutral Support
Effect: Lightweight, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Tiny Mii Gunner x10 (Sans Head)
  • Stage: Great Cave Offensive
  • Music Track: Ocarina of Time Medley
  • Match: Stamina (10), Timed Battle 2:00
  • Conditions: The enemy prefers not to move, Defeat all the opponents in the time limit to win
1627753719611.png
Lizalfos (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Class: Novice★
Type: Primary Attack, 1 Slot
Effect: None
  • Puppet Fighter: King K Rool x4 (Default)
  • Stage: Great Bay
  • Music Track: Overworld Theme (Melee)
  • Conditions: The enemies spawn with a killing edge, The enemy has increased speed
1627753700708.png
Stalfos (The Legend of Zelda) (Artwork: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Type: Primary Shield, 0 Slots
Effect: Sword Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Link x4 (White)
  • Stage: Temple (Omega)
  • Music Track: Death Mountain
  • Conditions: The enemy has increased Sword Attacks, The enemy has decreased speed
1627767668997.png
Deku Baba (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Type: Support Grab, 1 Slot
Effect: Bury Immunity, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Piranha Plant x4 (Blue)
  • Stage: Distant Planet
  • Music Track: Overworld Theme (Brawl)
  • Conditions: The enemy favors forward tilt
↑↓
Poe (The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past) (Artwork: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Effect: Magic Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Kirby x4 (White)
  • Stage: Eldin Bridge
  • Music Track: Dark World
  • Conditions: The enemies will turn invisible
Deku Butler's Son (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask) (Artwork: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D)
Effect: Initial Damage 30%
  • Summon from the cores of Deku Royal Family, Peashooter, and Sudowoodo
Zora King (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Effect: Electric Weakness
  • Puppet Fighter: King K. Rool (Blue), Greninja x4 (Default)
  • Stage: Great Bay
  • Music Track: Ocarina of Time Medley
  • Conditions: Defeat the Main Fighter to win, The enemy tends to avoid conflict

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Quick, somebody submit a Matt Spirit!
I gotcha!
1627790377926.png
Matt (Wii Sports)
Class: :starman::starman::starman::starman:
Type: Balanced, 3 Slot
Effect: Punch Attack +

• Puppet Fighter: Mii Brawler (Orange)
  • Stage: Boxing Ring
  • Music Track: Wii Sports Series Medley
  • Match: 3:00, 3 Stocks
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy has increased punch power
    • The enemy has a stronger shield

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Still have the image might as well turn it into a spirit
images.png
Baseball Boys
Yoshi
2 Star
Type Attack 2 Slots
Effect Home Run Bat Equipped

Puppet Fighter Green Ness and Yellow Lucus, holding a Home Run Bat and Baseball respectivly

Stage Yoshi's Island (Final Destination)
Music Athletic Theme (SMW)
Match 1 Stock (KO them both)
2:30
Conditions:
Opponents Prefer Side Smashes

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Still have the image might as well turn it into a spirit
View attachment 324952Baseball Boys
Yoshi
2 Star
Type Attack 2 Slots
Effect Home Run Bat Equipped

Puppet Fighter Green Ness and Yellow Lucus, holding a Home Run Bat and Baseball respectivly

Stage Yoshi's Island (Final Destination)
Music Athletic Theme (SMW)
Match 1 Stock (KO them both)
2:30
Conditions:
Opponents Prefer Side Smashes
That's already a spirit, they are called Slugger and Green Glove.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
I gotcha!
View attachment 324951Matt (Wii Sports)
Class: :starman::starman::starman::starman:
Type: Balanced, 3 Slot
Effect: Punch Attack +

• Puppet Fighter: Mii Brawler (Orange)
  • Stage: Boxing Ring
  • Music Track: Wii Sports Series Medley
  • Match: 3:00, 3 Stocks
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy has increased punch power
    • The enemy has a stronger shield
Does Matt have any official art?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Somehow a lot of these have series-listing shenanigans going on.
B8B7EA74-9A60-4364-8C37-C427015D7DEA-removebg-preview.png
Alice and Ape III
Arm Wrestling (listed with Punch-Out!! spirits)
Novice support - fist attack up

Stage: Omega Beaumonde
Song: Title - Punch-Out!! (Wii)
Opponents: Giant Metal DK, invincible female green Villager (replace with Paula if she gets in)
Rules: Defeat DK to win, DK favours grabs, Villager/Paula is passive but has more power when she does attack
DC1329B1-05D2-48C9-AC19-F1E01C5D8546.jpeg
The Amazon
Pro Wrestling
Legend class primary - grab, no trait

Stage: Boxing Ring
Song: Mach Rider (Melee)
Opponent: Green Incineroar
Rules: Stamina battle.
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games series (listed in others)
Legend class support - Team Power-Up

Stage: KoF Stadium
Song: Wonder World (Sonic Lost World)
Opponents: Mario, Sonic, Luigi, Orange Fox, Peach, Red Little Mac, Yoshi, Black Sonic
Rules: Fight foes in batches of two (Mario + Sonic, Luigi + Fox, Peach + Mac, Yoshi + Sonic), footballs; beastballs; and baseball bats spawn often, foes lose strength when only one is present.
White Mage (Mario Hoops 3-on-3)
Mario Hoops 3-on-3 (listed in Final Fantasy)
Advanced class primary - shield, enhancable

Stage: Omega Gaur Plain
Opponents: white/red female Robin, dark green Toon Link, blue Mr. Game and Watch, red scarf Marth
Rules: defeat all to win
Song: Sherbet Land - Mario Hoops 3-on-3
White Mage
Final Fantasy series
Ace class primary - enhanced from White Mage (Super Mario) - Luck up

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Baseball (Wii Sports) (Artwork: Wii Sports Club)
Effect: Smash Attack ↑
Puppet Fighter: Mii Brawler ×9 (Team Rocket Outfit)
Stage: Wuhu Island
Music Track:
Match: Stock (1)
Conditions:
  • You start the battle with Home-Run Bat
  • The enemy has increased speed
  • Items appear commonly (beastball)
IMG_20210801_113258.jpg
Boxing (Wii Sports) (Artwork: Wii Sports Club)
Effect: Fist Attack ↑
Puppet Fighter: Mii Brawler (Spring Man Outfit)
Stage: Boxing Ring
Music Track:
Match: Stamina (50HP)
Conditions:
  • The enemy's punches and elbow strikes has increased power
  • The enemy's Smash Attack have increased power
IMG_20210801_113312.jpg
Tennis (Wii Sports) (Artwork: Wii Sports Club)
Effect: No Effect
Puppet Fighter: Mii Swordfighter (Lip Outfit)
Stage: Pokemon Stadium 2 (Hazards Off)
Music Track:
Match: Stock (1)
Conditions:
  • The Enemy favors Smash Attack
  • Projectile aren't effective against the enemy

Attachments

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
More Zelda Spirits Misc Edition
Minish (The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap)
Effect: Tiny, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Tiny Young Link x10 (Red)
  • Stage: Garden of Hope
  • Music Track: The Hidden Village
  • Conditions: Certain items will spawn in large numbers (Lip's Stick)
Dark Train (The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks)
Type: Attack Support
Effect: Can Be Evolved, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Curry Dr. Eggman x 3 (Blue)
  • Stage: Spirit Train
  • Music Track: Full Steam Ahead
  • Conditions: The enemy has increased speed, The enemy deals damage upon impact
Demon Train (The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks)
Type: Attack Support
Effect: Dash Attack ↑, 1 Slot
  • Evolve the Dark Train Spirit
Anjean (The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks)
Effect: Move Speed ↑, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Marin (Pink)
  • Stage: Venus Lighthouse
  • Conditions: The enemy favors Down Special (or whichever move ends up being the conch), The enemy spawns with a Killing Edge, The enemy has reduced move speed
Chancellor Cole (The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks)
Type: Primary Grab, 2 Slots
Effect: Trade-Off Attacks ↑, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Tiny Toon Link (Brown), Donkey Kong (Blue)
  • Stage: Spirit Train
  • Conditions: Reinforcements will spawn after the main fighter is defeated, Certain items will spawn in large numbers (Boomerang)
Veran (The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages)
Type: Primary Grab, 1 Slot
Effect: Transformation Duration ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Zelda (Blue), Medusa (Blue), Young Link x4 (Dark)
  • Stage: Dracula's Castle
  • Music Track: Woodlands - Tri Force Heroes
  • Conditions: Certain items will spawn in large numbers (Deku Nut, Timer), The enemy favors Side Special, Defeat the Main fighter to win, Reinforcements will spawn after the Fighter is defeated (Blue Zelda)
Onox (The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seaons)
Effect: Weapon Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Simon Belmont (Yellow), Zelda (Red), Giant Ridley (Yellow)
  • Music Track: Hyrule Castle (Outside)
  • Match: Death Mountain
  • Conditions: The enemy favors neutral special (Zelda), The enemy favors side special (Ridley), Reinforcements will spawn after the main enemy is defeated (Simon, Zelda)
1627799416036.png
Bubble (The Legend of Zelda) (Artwork: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Effect: Landing Lag ↓, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Tiny Charizard x4 (White)
  • Stage: Eldin Bridge
  • Music Track: Overworld Theme
  • Conditions: The enemy likes to Jump, The enemy has reduced move speed, The enemy has a Fire Flower (2 Charizards), The enemy has a Snowflake (2 Charizards)
Zelda & Loftwing (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
Type: Support Shield
Effect: Instadrop, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Zelda (Pink), Giant Falco (Light Blue)
  • Stage: Skyloft
  • Music Track: Ballad of the Goddess (Remix)
  • Conditions: Gravity is reduced
Gaepora (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
Effect: None
  • Puppet Fighter: Robin (White)
  • Stage: Garreg Mach Monastery
  • Music Track: Ballad of the Goddess (Original)
  • Conditions: Take your strongest team into this no-frills battle
Reasoning for Inclusions:
Minish: Name in the title of Minish Cap, and grants a cool spirit effect
Dark Train, Demon Train, Anjean: All trophies in Smash 3DS
Chancellor Cole: Malladus was a trophy in Smash 3DS, however he doesn't have art, so Cole will reference him in his spirit battle since he summons him in Spirit Tracks
Veran & Onox: The main Bosses of Oracle of Ages & Seasons
Bubble: recurring Zelda enemy which was a Trophy in Smash 3DS, I missed it in my last batch of OoT enemies
Zelda & Loftwing: This art got an amiibo, and Skyward Sword Zelda is currently without a spirit.
Gaepora: Trophy in Smash Wii U

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
**** it. Logo spirit. They gave Diskun a Spirit, this counts too. There is no other possible way to represent such a big series
EA Sports
EA Sports series

Stage: Omega KoF Stadium
Song: Arms Grand Prix Theme
Opponents: Tennis Waluigi x 4, Tennis Waluigi's alt (I can't remember what colour it was but I do remember it was there) x 4
Rules: Take down all 4 Waluigis of a specific team - your first KO will determine the team to take out. Taking out a Waluigi on your side will ensure failure.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
**** it. Logo spirit. They gave Diskun a Spirit, this counts too. There is no other possible way to represent such a big series
EA Sports
EA Sports series

Stage: KoF Stadium
Song: Arms Grand Prix Theme
Opponents: Tennis Waluigi x 4, Tennis Waluigi's alt (I can't remember what colour it was but I do remember it was there) x 4
Rules: Take down all 4 Waluigis of a specific team - your first KO will determine the team to take out. Taking out a Waluigi on your side will ensure failure.
The Spirit Battle also has a 10,000 Coin challenge fee, I take it? :4pacman:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I don't have a WHOLE bunch of time to dedicate to this today but we will ne announcing the results of the Echo Submission Voting for a popular first-party Echo!

NameSubmitterVotes
Funky Kong Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 16
Felix airConditioner airConditioner 13
Gooigi cashregister9 cashregister9 7
Dixie Kong GolisoPower GolisoPower 25
Paula Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 11
Birdo Jomosensual Jomosensual 7
Impa Golden Icarus Golden Icarus 33
Alph C chocolatejr9 20
Here is how the voting broke down with graphs compiled by airConditioner airConditioner

View Voting Information
Forms response chart. Question title: Please vote for a character to appear as an Echo Fighter. Voting for a character in the 3 column will grant it 3 points, 2 2 points, and so on. You may vote for your own submission. Please make a selection in all three columns.. Number of responses: .

8B5707DD-B789-4C4E-920A-EC60305FA1FC.jpeg

CLICK TO FIND WHO OUR NEXT ECHO FIGHTER IS!

IMPA JOINS THE BATTLE!
Impa will be joining the roster as out second egend of Zelda rep and will appear after Marin is officially reealed via a "Another challenge approaches" segment. Both will get a small overview by Sakurai at the beginning of the Direct.​
Expect this post to be updated with further r voting information. I apologize but I am trying to take care of some legal and moving affairs and can't dedicate a whole lot of time to the announcementbut I wanted to get it out sooner rather than latter.​

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hi everyone. I’m so sorry for the sporadic announcement of this character. My life has been extremely busy as of late due to moving preparations and job opportunities plus two part time jobs.

We will kick off our Impa Discussion period!

Based on voting, Impa will be out next fighter who will be an echo fighter of Sheik. In our discussion period, we will cover two subjects:

1) What model should we go with for Shiek? Hyrule Warriors 1, Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity, Ocarina of Time, or Skyward Sword? The original post made by Golden Icarus never indicated what model we could use. While HW1 might seem the most logical, the Skyward Sword may be a potential design to go with considering the game is getting ported to the Switch. HWAoC could also be included but that version of Impa is extremely unique to the point that having her be a copy of Sheik, even a little bit, might be received poorly. OoT Impa is also a possibly but could maybe be better served as an alternate costume in the same vein as Sephiroth and Joker?

2) Just how much of an Echo fighter should she be? The original post never indicated that this character would be any particular type and left it open for interpretation. Should Impa be an unique Echo like Ken, one with different moves like Chrom, one with unique aesthetics like Dark Samus, or perhaps more inline with Richter? Considering Galacta Knight is more in line with Chrom, perhaps it might be best to go a different direction for the sake of diversity in our Echo roster?

To date,
Ocotoling - mix of Ken and Dark Samus
Medusa - Dark Samus and Dark Pit
Leon - mix of Richter and Lucina
Galacta Knight - Chrom
Impa - ?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think this is a tough one:

On the one hand, I could see Impa taking from one of her Warriors designs, but on the other hand, Sakurai has mainly used stuff from the source material and even if he does use stuff from spin-off titles or crossover appearances, it's minor, like Mega Man's U-tilt from Marvel vs Capcom or some of Cloud's design coming from Dissidia. I just don't see her having a set like Sephiroth's, where the attacks are majorly from spin-off titles. I think they'd base her off her younger appearance from either OoT or Skyward Sword, probably the latter to capitalize on the recent release of Skyward Sword HD.

Meanwhile, I could see her being a Richter/Lucina-style Echo. Sheik replicated Impa's techniques, which one of you guys mentioned on this thread before, so it would make sense for Impa to be stronger and more skilled than Sheik as a Richter-like Echo.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I think we should go with the Skyward Sword design or the Hyrule Warriors Design

Currently, Every Zelda character represents a different game or is a combination of a few, Link with BOTW, Zelda with Between Worlds and Link to the past, Ganon with Ocarina, Marin with Awakening and then there is sheik who is a combination of Ocarina and BOTW.

We have no Skyward sword representation in the main roster yet.

And for the moveset I think she would be fine with a chrom style echo, maybe replace a special with a weapon or ability from Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
One idea is to incorporate the Sheikah Slate type content from AoC in a visual style. Like replace the needles with bluish energy needles and the bomb (forgot the name) with an explosion more like Link’s Remote Bombs. Even if she is based on OoT or SS Impa.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Maybe it's just me, but I feel her AOC design might be the best bet. It seems to be her most popular one, despite being the most recent.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Maybe it's just me, but I feel her AOC design might be the best bet. It seems to be her most popular one, despite being the most recent.
I think the one thing preventing that is that version of Impa is largely different than what we saw previously…

I know that’s not a deal breaker in Smash but I feel that perhaps utilizing elements from this version of Impa into one we saw previously that feels more akin to Sheik would be a safe bet.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I think the SS design better meshes with Sheik's slender physique. Adding seeing as Zelda has been pretty starved of unique characters and Impa being considerably prevalent throughout the series, I'd argue in favour of making her more unique. Perhaps her specials could be the same but have different properties like Fox and Falco.

However is if we went with AoC Impa, we could have Paya be an alt costume <3

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Kasumi Todoh (Art of Fighting 3) Sport: Aikido
Ability: First Strike Advantage
  • Puppet Fighter: Female Mii Brawler 2133 (Takamaru Wig, Fighter Outfit White), Male Mii Brawler 2133 (Martial Artist Wig, Fighter Outfit White)
  • Stage: Hakurei Shrine [Omega]
  • Music Track: ART of FIGHT
  • Match: Stamina (150 for player and Kasumi, 160 for Ryuhaku)
  • Conditions:
    • Enemy's physical attacks have increased power.
    • The enemy starts with a Beam Sword (both Todohs)
    • All Fighters have reduced Jump Power.

🏀a basket ball (basket ball) sport; Basket ball
category :basketball
type: basket ball
class: basket ball
ability: put the ball in a basket

puppet fighter: kirby (orange)
stage: basketball stage
music track: space jam
tenko chabashira (danganronpa v3) sport: aikido
category: primary
type: defense
class: uhhh novice
ability: being the best character in danganronpa v3

puppet fighter: kasumi todoh (blue), ashley
stage: raccoon city
music track: class trial break

enemy prefers to tell you how much you suck

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Here's some move ideas I had for Impa that I wanted to share doing what I could without pushing too far past the echo label.

Neutral Special (Knife Storm): Impa accumulates up to three knives and throws them forth at light speed similarly to Sheik's Needle Storm but half the projectiles. This variation uses knives instead of needles which is more in line with what Impa uses in her playable appearances. Knife Storm will also go through players and does more damage to shields taking inspiration from Sheik's second custom move for her neutral special, Penetrating Needles.

Up Special (Giant Blade Slash): A completely different up special, Impa could slash upwards similarly to Sephiroth's Blade Dash or perform a series of quick slashes with it similar to Octaslash. This attack could be angled just like those as well with a tilt of the control stick. The Giant Blade would be based off of her weapon from Hyrule Warriors 1 if we end up going with that design or Skyward Sword as AoC Impa does not use that specific weapon.

Forward Smash: Impa unsheathes her giant blade and strikes forth with it moving forward slightly.

(The other smash attacks could also involve her giant blade.)

Everything else is fine although her down air could be changed seeing as it's already Sheik's least useful move. I say give Impa the treatment Ganon got where his blade gets some more focus.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I 100% believe that we should go with Impa’s Skyward Sword design. It was her most prevalent appearance in a mainline title (imo it’s the game that really solidified her status in the series) and SS is one of the more noteworthy games that still doesn’t have its artstyle repped by a character in Smash. BotW’s artstyle is already showcased by Link, so her AoC design doesn’t really cover any new bases in that regard. Also her Skyward Sword design is just badass.
E8739E4D-DEF4-48DC-BB9F-5E63CCACB877.png

There’s also this fanmade render that combines her blonde hair and darker skin from SS with her clothing from Hyrule Warriors. It’s a pretty perfect look for her if you ask me and I’d probably prefer this one simply because it’s a bit more high quality than most of her other renders.
FFCC27F9-6600-4E30-8B5B-0C8C6C332F92.png

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Olympics Spirits. Love using spirit themes and tasks as much as I can to include more SNK ones.

Goro Daimon (The King of Fighters '94) Sport: Judo
(Artwork: The King of Fighters '97)
Ability: Earth Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Donkey Kong [White]
  • Stage: Raccoon City [Hazardless]
  • Music Track: ESAKA!! - KOF 2002 UM
  • Match: Stamina (160HP)
  • Conditions:
    • Stamina Battle
    • The enemy favors grabs and throws
    • The enemy's throws have increased power
    • Periodic earthquakes will shake the stage
    • All fighters have reduced jump power
Big Bear (Fatal Fury 2) Sport: Wrestling
(Artwork: Fatal Fury Special)
Ability: Can Be Enhanced at Lv. 99
  • Puppet Fighter: Bowser [Blue]
  • Stage: Raccoon City
  • Music Track: Tarkun and Kitapy - FATAL FURY 2
  • Match: Stamina (160HP)
  • Conditions:
    • Stamina Battle
    • The enemy favors grabs and throws
American Sports Team (The King of Fighters '94) Sport: Being Swag (obvious)
(Artwork: The King of Fighters '98)
Ability: [No Effect]
  • Puppet Fighter: Little Mac [White], Kirby [Orange], Wario [Blue]
  • Stage: KOF Stadium
  • Music Track: Sparring Ring [I do recommend a listen to any of their themes]
  • Conditions:
    • Reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd [Wario -> Kirby -> Mac]
    • The enemy starts the battle with a beastball [Kirby]
Ramón (The King of Fighters 2000) Sport: dying of cringe (Wrestling)
Ability: Instadrop
  • Summonable with following Spirit cores:
Jhun Hoon (The King of Fighters '99) Sport: Taekwondo
(Artwork: The King of Fighters 2000)
Ability: Foot Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Ken [Blue], Hero [Blue], Impa [Black/Brown, preferably]
  • Music Track: Tame a Bad Boy - KOF XIII
  • Conditions:
    • Reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd [Impa -> Hero -> Ken]
    • The enemy's kicks and knee strikes have increased power [Ken]
    • Hostile assist trophies will appear [Akira Yuki]
May Lee (The King of Fighters 2001) Sport: Taekwondo
Ability: Transformation Duration
  • Puppet Fighter: Wii Fit Trainer [Red Female], Jill [Pink], Min Min [Red]
  • Music Track: Tame a Bad Boy - KOF XIII
  • Conditions:
    • Reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd [Jill -> Min Min -> Wii Fit Trainer]
    • The enemy's kicks and knee strikes have increased power [WFT]
    • The enemy loves to taunt [WFT]
    • Hostile assist trophies will appear [Zeke & Pandoria]

Also yeah, 100% Skyward Sword. That game isn't represented yet through a character despite it being a cornerstone of the series. All fighters should try to represent a different mainline entry in my opinion. As much as I personally prefer Impa's Hyrule Warriors design, it's not mainline sadly. Though that design was primarily influenced by her Skyward Sword appearance so that's the next best thing for me.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I think Skyward Sword is the way to go because:
  1. It hasn't been repped yet despite the game having its own dedicated stage
  2. Skyward Sword has been ported and Nintendo themselves have been pushing it hard to the point they made fancam for Groose and Girahim (no I'm not kidding)
  3. Skyward Sword Impa herself is featured as a trophy in Smash 4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom