• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Job #84: Classic Mode

Broken Chains (fights characters who were previously Assist Trophies)
Round 1: :ultlittlemac:
Round 2: :ultdarksamus:
Round 3: :ultisabelle:
Round 4: Waluigi
Round 5: Ashley
Round 6: Isaac
Final Round: Takamaru
I like the idea, however Waluigi's classic mode already has him fighting previous assist trophies. Perhaps another route would work better?

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Job #84: Takamaru Victory theme:
0:00-0:04, ending with the gong hit and fading out instead of continuing.

Since all the melodies from the NES game are already represented in Smash through the Murasame Castle Medley, I figure Takamaru's Nintendo Land game is a good source to pull music from. I also think it sounds quite a bit cooler than anything from the NES game, and it references an actual victory theme.
w... woah bro

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job 84 Classic Mode (Swords and Ninjas)

Round 1: :ultlink:
Round 2: :ultmarth:
Round 3: :ultmetaknight:
Round 4: :ultgreninja:
Round 5: :ultsheik:
Round 6: Mii Team (Ninjara, Generic Ninja costume, and Yiga). Fight takes place on Suzaku Castle.
Final Round: Marx (closest boss I could think of to an Alien creature (the final boss of Mysterious Murasame Castle), since the fight takes place in space).

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
The Mysterious Murasame Castle Stage: er, Murasame Castle
129304.jpg

Here it is: the titular Murasame Castle. It's mysterious. It's Murasame Castle. It's the Mysterious Murasame Castle.

Roll credits.

Anyway, this is the game's final dungeon - an ancient Japanese castle that's being haunted by an alien presence: one that is possessing the castle's statue, Lord Murasame.

So how do we approach this? After all, in the OG, the dungeon itself is a bunch of skulls and other than that, it's just a shadow...

So! I've decided to take elements from other castles in the game - elements that would also probably apply to this castle. This stage places quite some emphasis on atmosphere and a e s t h e t i c: the castle itself stands in the background, and will shift between several enviroments: whether it be a storm, harsh red skies or a night sky with an otherwordly combination of colors shining on the castle like in this artwork:
murasame_castle.png

The stage layout takes place just outside the castle grounds: it's basically a combination of these two places, adjusted a bit in appearance:
129307.jpg

129305.jpg

(im sorry you cant see ****)

TIME TO EXPLAIN!

So, ya got the path from da first image, right? Straight and flat, nothing special. Behind it are the bushes - sometimes a lil' ninja will pop outta one of them and throw out a shuriken. Behind the bushes is the wall from the second image. Those things on top of it - I can't remember what they're called for the life of me - serve as a pass-through platform: pass-through cause otherwise it'd just be an inconveniently-placed ceiling.

I'll show it off as a drawing/sorta blueprint that perfectly shows off my epic drawing skills:
20210403_204937.png

Of course, you'd be able to see more of the Murasame Castle background than this pic would suggest, but LET'S NOT WORRY ABOUT THAT

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The Mysterious Murasame Castle Stage: er, Murasame Castle
View attachment 309821
Here it is: the titular Murasame Castle. It's mysterious. It's Murasame Castle. It's the Mysterious Murasame Castle.

Roll credits.

Anyway, this is the game's final dungeon - an ancient Japanese castle that's being haunted by an alien presence: one that is possessing the castle's statue, Lord Murasame.

So how do we approach this? After all, in the OG, the dungeon itself is a bunch of skulls and other than that, it's just a shadow...

So! I've decided to take elements from other castles in the game - elements that would also probably apply to this castle. This stage places quite some emphasis on atmosphere and a e s t h e t i c: the castle itself stands in the background, and will shift between several enviroments: whether it be a storm, harsh red skies or a night sky with an otherwordly combination of colors shining on the castle like in this artwork:

The stage layout takes place just outside the castle grounds: it's basically a combination of these two places, adjusted a bit in appearance:
View attachment 309825
View attachment 309826
(im sorry you cant see ****)

TIME TO EXPLAIN!

So, ya got the path from da first image, right? Straight and flat, nothing special. Behind it are the bushes - sometimes a lil' ninja will pop outta one of them and throw out a shuriken. Behind the bushes is the wall from the second image. Those things on top of it - I can't remember what they're called for the life of me - serve as a pass-through platform: pass-through cause otherwise it'd just be an inconveniently-placed ceiling.

I'll show it off as a drawing/sorta blueprint that perfectly shows off my epic drawing skills:
View attachment 309833
Of course, you'd be able to see more of the Murasame Castle background than this pic would suggest, but LET'S NOT WORRY ABOUT THAT
I feel like it would be more thematically appropriate to have at least one of these bushes be a bunch of bamboo.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey guys, I’m back and in America. I’m taking some extra time off from the thread as I gather myself up and recoup after this sudden change. Also, I’m jet lagged bad lol.

I do want to mention that Spirit Theme submissions are officially finished.

We will begin submitting Spirits related to Mysterious Castle Murasame which also includes spin-off content. In addition, spirits related to Nintendo Retro series are also able to be submitted. I will submit the next spirit theme event user around Tuesday.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I’m back and in America. I’m taking some extra time off from the thread as I gather myself up and recoup after this sudden change. Also, I’m jet lagged bad lol.

We will begin submitting Spirits related to Mysterious Castle Murasame which also includes spin-off content. In addition, spirits relates to Nintendo Retro series are also able to be submitted. I will submit the next spirit theme event user around Tuesday.
Technically off topic, but WELCOME TO AMERICA!

blows party horn

Krookodilian

Smash Ace

We will begin submitting Spirits related to Mysterious Castle Murasame which also includes spin-off content. In addition, spirits related to Nintendo Retro series are also able to be submitted. I will submit the next spirit theme event user around Tuesday.
Just like previous series spirit submission, Mysterious Murasame Castle spirits will have no limit to number, but please try to space them out if you plan to submit a lot. I suppose now is a good time to announce the Easter spirit event as well! Any egg, bunny, chicken, candy, or any tangentially Easter spirits will be accepted, as long as you can relate it to Easter well enough. Please limit it to 3 Easter spirits per person, and please consider whether a spirit really deserves to be a spirit, and doesn't just happen to fall under the spirit theme. Previous spirit themes have had quite a few spirits cut, so try to prioritize quality over quantity.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Krookodilian Krookodilian does the limit also apply to the general retro Nintendo spirits?

Tin Star
Tin Star
Advanced class support - Super Scope Equipped

Stage: Spirit Train
Song: Dillon's Rolling Western
Allies: Ness, Peach
Opponents: Waluigi with Super Scope x 3, Wario with Ray Gun x 3
Rules: Stamina. Allies are passive, make sure they aren't harmed. Defeat all Waluigis and Warios to win.

Magic Monkey
Monkey Magic
Ace class primary - neutral

Stage: Battlefield Pac-Maze
Opponent: Giant blue Diddy Kong
Song: Mario Bros.
Rules: Footballs spawn often, Diddy Kong has super armour, Diddy Kong will sometimes go invisible.

Professor Hector and Smicks
R.O.B. series
Legend class primary

Song: Gyromite Game A
Stage: Night Walk
Allies: Dr. Mario, R.O.B.
Opponents: Green Kirby with Falco hat x 4, red Dr. Mario
Rules: Defeat all Kirbies to go on to red Dr. Mario. R.O.B. can be KO'd but white Dr. Mario cannot. Thwomp assist will spawn often

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Krookodilian Krookodilian does the limit also apply to the general retro Nintendo spirits?

Tin Star
Tin Star
Advanced class support - Super Scope Equipped

Stage: Spirit Train
Song: Dillon's Rolling Western
Allies: Ness, Peach
Opponents: Waluigi with Super Scope x 3, Wario with Ray Gun x 3
Rules: Stamina. Allies are passive, make sure they aren't harmed. Defeat all Waluigis and Warios to win.

Magic Monkey
Monkey Magic
Ace class primary - neutral

Stage: Battlefield Pac-Maze
Opponent: Giant blue Diddy Kong
Song: Mario Bros.
Rules: Footballs spawn often, Diddy Kong has super armour, Diddy Kong will sometimes go invisible.

Professor Hector and Smicks
R.O.B. series
Legend class primary

Song: Gyromite Game A
Stage: Night Walk
Allies: Dr. Mario, R.O.B.
Opponents: Green Kirby with Falco hat x 4, red Dr. Mario
Rules: Defeat all Kirbies to go on to red Dr. Mario. R.O.B. can be KO'd but white Dr. Mario cannot. Thwomp assist will spawn often
For the sake of the spirit team, yes the retro spirits are also limited to 3 per person. Also keep in mind the retro spirits are limited to first party nintendo series.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Easter Spirit Time! Here's part one...
500px-SMO_Art_-_Spewart.jpg
500px-Topper-SMO.jpg
500px-SMO_Rango.jpg
500px-SMO-HarietArtwork.jpeg
The Broodals
Debut Game: Super Mario Odyssey
Advanced Class Grab Primary (Can be evolved at level 99)
Slots: Two
Song: Broodals Battle
Stage: Bowser's Castle
Opponents: Piranha Plant (Blue Alt), Small King Dedede (Green Alt), Sonic (White Alt), Isabelle (Purple Alt)
Conditions: The opponent favors side special (Piranha Plant), The opponent starts the battle with a Bonneter (Dedede), The opponent favors up special (Sonic), The opponent starts the battle with a Bob-omb (Isabelle)
Robobrood.jpg
Robobrood
Debut Game: Super Mario Odyssey
Ace Class Grab Primary (Giant)
Slots: Two
Evolves from The Broodals at level 99

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
For purposes of music submissions, I've discovered two more songs technically ineligible based on current Smash music patterns.

Slot Machine, in the Star Fox section contains a mix of public domain and copyrighted music not originating from the Star Fox franchise; and
Title Theme (Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!) is also a licensed song, weirdly enough, by the Gillette corporation for boxing match sponsorships in the 1950s and has yet to enter the public domain.

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Krookodilian Krookodilian Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto

If you guys would like, I'd be more than happy to overlook the whole list for potential copyright infringing selections.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
For purposes of music submissions, I've discovered two more songs technically ineligible based on current Smash music patterns.

Slot Machine, in the Star Fox section contains a mix of public domain and copyrighted music not originating from the Star Fox franchise; and
Title Theme (Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!) is also a licensed song, weirdly enough, by the Gillette corporation for boxing match sponsorships in the 1950s and has yet to enter the public domain.

Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku Krookodilian Krookodilian Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto

If you guys would like, I'd be more than happy to overlook the whole list for potential copyright infringing selections.
Nice Catch! Those songs do appear to use copyrighted material so I doubt they would be eligible for smash. Those two can be removed in that case and replaced with other songs. If you're willing to look through the rest of the list its more than welcomed! no pressure to do so though of course.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Nice Catch! Those songs do appear to use copyrighted material so I doubt they would be eligible for smash. Those two can be removed in that case and replaced with other songs. If you're willing to look through the rest of the list its more than welcomed! no pressure to do so though of course.
I'm super passionate about gaming music, so I definitely should be able to catch things like that. I'll give the list a thorough look-through tomorrow.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Some Easter Rabbit Spirits of My Own

Buneary (Pokemon)
Primary Neutral Common
1 Slot

Puppet Tan Pikachu

Special Conditions: Side Special Is Stronger and will use it more and the puppet has bunny ears on it

Stage: Pokemon Stadium

Theme: Wild Pokemon (Diamond and Pearl)

Can Be Enhaced at Lv 99.
Loppuny (Pokemon)
Ace Class Neutral Spirit
3 slots

Kick Power Up (Increased power from kicking attacks)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
1617552878553.png

1617552412474.png
Pokemon Egg (Pokemon series)
Neutral Novice Support

Effect: Undamaged attack up, 1 slot

Battle:
Fighters: Red Wario x1, Flower Pichu x5
Music: Route 10 theme
Stage: Prism Tower
Rules: Defeat the main fighter to win, Enemy likes to use side special (Wario), Enemy doesn't do much (pichu).

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
View attachment 309905
View attachment 309904Pokemon Egg (Pokemon series)
Neutral Novice Support

Effect: More damage at 0%, 1 slot

Battle:
Fighters: Red Wario x1, Flower Pichu x5
Music: Route 10 theme
Stage: Prism Tower
Rules: Defeat the main fighter to win, Enemy likes to use side special (Wario), Enemy doesn't do much (pichu).
Quick note for clarity, the official term for the spirit effect is "Undamaged attack up."

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Billy Hatcher (Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg)
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Defense
Slots: ⬡
Effect: Item Gravitation
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultinklingboy:
  • Minion: Giant White :ultyoshi:
  • Stage: Windy Hill
  • Music Track: Monkey Watch
  • Match:
    • 1 Stock
  • Conditions:
    • Defeat the main fighter to win
    • Everyone has decreased jump height.
    • The enemy likes to use smash attacks (:ultinklingboy: )
    • The enemy likes to use Special Attacks (:ultyoshi: )
    • The enemies special attacks deal more damage

Yeah he himself is more chicken themed but the game revolves around Eggs.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Billy Hatcher (Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg)
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Defense
Slots: ⬡
Effect: Item Gravitation
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultinklingboy:
  • Minion: Giant White :ultyoshi:
  • Stage: Windy Hill
  • Music Track: Monkey Watch
  • Match:
    • 1 Stock
  • Conditions:
    • Defeat the main fighter to win
    • Everyone has decreased jump height.
    • The enemy likes to use smash attacks (:ultinklingboy: )
    • The enemy likes to use Special Attacks (:ultyoshi: )
    • The enemies special attacks deal more damage

Yeah he himself is more chicken themed but the game revolves around Eggs.
If this Spirit gets added, can I add Billy Hatcher music as well?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
For purposes of music submissions: I have found no further potential examples of copyright infringement; however I did note some oddities in the document.

1. There's a song from the game "Daydreamin' Davey" listed under the Duck Hunt section; I figured it might be sort of like Smash categorizes all the Light Gun games into one thing, but as far as I can tell, this game was neither created nor published by Nintendo (it was published by HAL), and does not use the Light Gun in any capacity, so why it's not categorized under "Other" is a mystery to me.
2. The song "Intro - Rare Replay" is categorized under Banjo-Kazooie's music despite it not being from a Banjo-Kazooie game, or even including a melody from the series; it should likewise be categorized under "Other."
3. "I Feel Fine" from Rhythm Heaven could be a bit of a gray area. It's a song written by Tsunku - an actual musical artist in Japan - however, Tsunku did help create the RH franchise; whether or not this song was always intended to be created for RH specifically or not remains to be seen.
4. In the Wario section there's music from a Mario Kart game. Yes, the track is based on a location from the WarioWare franchise, however, the music itself is wholly original, and thus would technically qualify as a "Mario" universe track, or if we're separating them like Ultimate does, a "Mario Kart" universe track.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
For purposes of music submissions: I have found no further potential examples of copyright infringement; however I did note some oddities in the document.

1. There's a song from the game "Daydreamin' Davey" listed under the Duck Hunt section; I figured it might be sort of like Smash categorizes all the Light Gun games into one thing, but as far as I can tell, this game was neither created nor published by Nintendo (it was published by HAL), and does not use the Light Gun in any capacity, so why it's not categorized under "Other" is a mystery to me.
2. The song "Intro - Rare Replay" is categorized under Banjo-Kazooie's music despite it not being from a Banjo-Kazooie game, or even including a melody from the series; it should likewise be categorized under "Other."
3. "I Feel Fine" from Rhythm Heaven could be a bit of a gray area. It's a song written by Tsunku - an actual musical artist in Japan - however, Tsunku did help create the RH franchise; whether or not this song was always intended to be created for RH specifically or not remains to be seen.
4. In the Wario section there's music from a Mario Kart game. Yes, the track is based on a location from the WarioWare franchise, however, the music itself is wholly original, and thus would technically qualify as a "Mario" universe track, or if we're separating them like Ultimate does, a "Mario Kart" universe track.
Yeah makes sense in context, BTW where did you find the music doc I want to see it

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Another Easter Spirit:
Jinxed Jade
Debut Game: Dragon Quest XI
Advanced Class Support (Poison Damage Reduced)
Song: Marching Through The Fields
Stage: Wrecking Crew
Opponents: Zero Suit Samus (Blue Bikini), Giant Bowser (Blue Alt)
Conditions: Defeat the main fighter to win (Zero Suit Samus), the opponent periodically heals damage (Zero Suit Samus)
I'd say she counts as an Easter spirit, since she is dressed up as a rabbit, even if it is a playboy rabbit.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace

Thanks! I'll be sure to update these soon. I think I Feel Fine should be ok since Tsunku has worked on all of the Rhythm Heaven games and isn't just credited with this one song. As you said though it's a grey area so if there's evidence that points in the contrary that decision can be changed.

Job #85: Takamaru's Stage Voting
We had two submissions for Takamaru's Home stage. A bit of a small selection, but not that surprising considering the lack of source material. Thanks you to our submitters! Please vote for one stage, and you may vote for your own stage since there are only two options.​

Aosame Castle - PeridotGX PeridotGX
Murasame Castle - Speed Weed Speed Weed

Once Takamaru's home stage wraps up we will move on to a simultaneous assist and mii costume submissions, in which all nintendo retro series will be eligible.​

BowserKing

Smash Lord
1617573065857.png
Spirit: Bunnelby
Game Debut: Pokémon: X and Y
Spirit Type: Primary Novice Grab
Spirit Battle: Tiny Bunny Hood Grey:ultlucario:
Rules: The Enemy is wearing a Bunny Hood. The enemy’s attack is increased. Earthquakes appear randomly.
Arena: Kalo’s Pokémon League
OST: Victory Road (X and Y)
Enhances into
1617573101841.png
Spirit: Diggersby
Spirit Type: Primary Advanced Grab
Spirit Effect: Increases Damage
Giving this format a try

Also voting for Murasame Castle

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Some Easter Rabbit Spirits of My Own

Buneary (Pokemon)
Primary Neutral Common
1 Slot

Puppet Tan Pikachu

Special Conditions: Side Special Is Stronger and will use it more and the puppet has bunny ears on it

Stage: Pokemon Stadium

Theme: Wild Pokemon (Diamond and Pearl)

Can Be Enhaced at Lv 99.
Loppuny (Pokemon)
Ace Class Neutral Spirit
3 slots

Kick Power Up (Increased power from kicking attacks)
View attachment 309936Spirit: Bunnelby
Spirit Type: Primary Novice Grab
Spirit Battle: Tiny Bunny Hood Grey:ultlucario:
Rules: The Enemy is wearing a Bunny Hood. The enemy’s attack is increased. Earthquakes appear randomly.
Arena: Kalo’s Pokémon League
OST: Victory Road (X and Y)
Enhances into
View attachment 309937Spirit: Diggersby
Spirit Type: Primary Advanced Grab
Spirit Effect: Increases Damage
Giving this format a try

Also voting for Murasame Castle

I apologize for this not being mentioned in the rules anywhere, but Pokemon spirits tend to only have one representative per evolutionary line unless they're from the Charmander line, a split evo, a cross gen evo, or an alolan form / mega. Can both of you please leave a response saying which one of the two you'd like to keep as a spirit? Keep in mind the other one would be getting cut.

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Voting for Murasame Castle.

I believe the Rhythm Heaven one is fine for now. We'll move the Daydreamin' Davey track to Other whenever that opens up a bit, though we'll need to cut the Rare Replay song as it's not a Banjo-Kazooie track and it's a game that has never appeared on a Nintendo console. About the Wario song from Mario Kart, that's a matter we'll have to take to Venus himself as it's in a bit of a complicated spot. Thanks a lot though! We appreciate people helping out like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom