• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Venus has previously stated to be very cautious with spirit selection to give our project a sense for responsibility but this doesn't mean you can't submit stuff from that series. For example I made an "Impostors & Crewmates" spirit from Among Us. I specifically worded it so that there could still be a fighter down the line that would just be either Crewmate or Impostor similar to how Luigi appears in several spirits but never as just "Luigi" it's always some variation.

Additionally, I've noticed that there are several A Hat in Time spirits but no Hat Kid to be seen. This is a precaution in case we ever go for an indie rep and it ends up being Hat Kid. So if you for example wanted to add an Eye of Cthulhu spirit, you could have room to add a Terraria rep but if you added specifically a "Terrarian" spirit, you'd probably be locking in Terraria's chance for a fighter.
If I was making terraria spirits I was mainly going to do some bosses, Terrarian for smash is something that may be interesting. With this things info I'm now going to make some Terraria Spitits for this thread

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
If I was making terraria spirits I was mainly going to do some bosses, Terrarian for smash is something that may be interesting. With this things info I'm now going to make some Terraria Spitits for this thread
Right now we're only accepting Resident Evil Spirits because of the Resident Evil Spirit Task and Spirits based on Inanimate Objects as that is this week's Spirit Theme. Be sure to save those Terraria Spirits for later however, as there will probably be several occasions where they'll be applicable somewhere down the line. Here's some more info straight from the OP itself:
Spirit Regulation

We have a great Spirit list but, looking at it, we have a lot of series bloated up with Spirits and other series not so much. We will no longer have a completely open submission process. Instead, we will have both our usual Spirit Theme submissions as well as Task Submissions. Task Submissions are a set of multiple guidelines in submitting a Spirit that we can follow to help make the Spirit List more expansive for every series.

We will still be holding off on adding Spirits until the wikia is up to speed. Once I get the ok, we will begin our Task Submissions.
Also, the protections system has been reworked. Spirits don't deconfirm characters, until they get shown off in a trailer that is.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Right now we're only accepting Resident Evil Spirits because of the Resident Evil Spirit Task and Spirits based on Inanimate Objects as that is this week's Spirit Theme. Be sure to save those Terraria Spirits for later however, as there will probably be several occasions where they'll be applicable somewhere down the line. Here's some more info straight from the OP itself:

Also, the protections system has been reworked. Spirits don't deconfirm characters, until they get shown off in a trailer that is.
Okay when the chance arises expect some Great Terraria Spirits

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I was surprised no one nominated Conker, i mean outside the remake for the xbox he was still elligable

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Greetings, Saiyan Warriors. I, Piccolo, will be announcing the winner of the Retro prompt. Here are the full results!

1617264946022.png

Well, this was quite a tight race between 2 obvious frontrunners, but I'm pleased to announce that the winner of this prompt is Goku from the hit Retro Game Dragon Power!!

.... Just kidding, April Fools. The winner of the Retro prompt is Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle!!!

SSBU_spirit_Takamaru.png

Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle will be the Retro representative character of Infinite. Personally, I'm quite pleased. I'm a sucker for Samurai and I can say his spot is deserving. As the first Samurai getting in Smash, his moveset could prove to be unique, despite him being yet another (blue-haired) swordsfighter nonetheless.

We will announce the Job for Takamaru's Moveset quite shortly, but I want to remind people that there is still an open prompt for the Resident Evil trailer for the Game Awards left open. If anyone wants to have a go at it, please feel free.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Greetings, Saiyan Warriors. I, Piccolo, will be announcing the winner of the Retro prompt. Here are the full results!

Well, this was quite a tight race between 2 obvious frontrunners, but I'm pleased to announce that the winner of this prompt is Goku from the hit Retro Game Dragon Power!!

.... Just kidding, April Fools. The winner of the Retro prompt is Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle!!!

Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle will be the Retro representative character of Infinite. Personally, I'm quite pleased. I'm a sucker for Samurai and I can say his spot is deserving. As the first Samurai getting in Smash, his moveset could prove to be unique, despite him being yet another (blue-haired) swordsfighter nonetheless.

We will announce the Job for Takamaru's Moveset quite shortly, but I want to remind people that there is still an open prompt for the Resident Evil trailer for the Game Awards left open. If anyone wants to have a go at it, please feel free.
Note to self: Piccolo is a fan of samurai...

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Hey, Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , I'd like to double check something. I know we limit the fighters based on what the last one was, so I want to check in advance how much Takamaru will limit the next fighters. Does he take out all swordfighters, or just katana users/samurai/feudal Japan-styled ones? Might seem a bit too early for that, but I want to make sure for when the next submission.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Hey, Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , I'd like to double check something. I know we limit the fighters based on what the last one was, so I want to check in advance how much Takamaru will limit the next fighters. Does he take out all swordfighters, or just katana users/samurai/feudal Japan-styled ones? Might seem a bit too early for that, but I want to make sure for when the next submission.
I doubt he'd take out ALL swordfighters. The sword is the most popular weapon in all of fiction, after all.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
There have been multiple swordfighters in a row in the past such as Cloud and Corrin, Sephiroth and Pyra & Mythra, Robin and Shulk, so I dont think swordfighters entirely would be disqualified. Venus isn’t awake right now so I can’t speak for his opinion on this but I assume Ninja/Samurai characters and retro reps would be the main archetypes affected, as well as characters with the same color scheme.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
We get a traditional japanese themed character on the day that the website is centered around an anime.

View attachment 309556
I'm just happy that 7 people voted for Virtual Boy, I feel like I was the only one who wanted him in smash so I'm happy their is a group who does want him in smash, I ever used this reception to make my own Virtual Boy Support Thread

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I'm sorry but it's really hard to take all of you guys seriously with the Dragon Ball profile pics. I'm loving it.

As for Takamaru, he doesn't disconfirm any future swordfighters. That would be a bit silly lol. Takamaru does disqualify all other Samurai/Ninja characters for base game however. As Venus already shared with you, there will be an FE prompt in the future, so you can rest easy knowing that SharkLord SharkLord lol.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I'm sorry but it's really hard to take all of you guys seriously with the Dragon Ball profile pics. I'm loving it.

As for Takamaru, he doesn't disconfirm any future swordfighters. That would be a bit silly lol. Takamaru does disqualify all other Samurai/Ninja and Retro characters for base game however. As Venus already shared with you, there will be an FE prompt in the future, so you can rest easy knowing that SharkLord SharkLord lol.
Wait were getting another fire emblem rep, I never see that in a smash fan thread

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I'm just happy that 7 people voted for Virtual Boy, I feel like I was the only one who wanted him in smash so I'm happy their is a group who does want him in smash, I ever used this reception to make my own Virtual Boy Support Thread
Word of advice: if we decide to do that WTF prompt, bring it up again, he might be a better fit for that. That's what I'll be doing for Captain N...

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Word of advice: if we decide to do that WTF prompt, bring it up again, he might be a better fit for that. That's what I'll be doing for Captain N...
Yeah, and with the evidence I have on the voting it seems that soem people want Virtual Boy in smash, so I'll wait for the joke fighters prompt, until then I have a bunch of ideas in my brain backlog for whenever a new enemie or stage job gets announced

SharkLord

Smash Hero

As for Takamaru, he doesn't disconfirm any future swordfighters. That would be a bit silly lol. Takamaru does disqualify all other Samurai/Ninja characters for base game however. As Venus already shared with you, there will be an FE prompt in the future, so you can rest easy knowing that SharkLord SharkLord lol.
Oh good. Wanted to make sure a certain red-haired guy in my profile pic was fine.

Oh wait I'm Majin Buu now he's not even in my profile pic anymore

WELP

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
As for moveset I think with Waluigi we should use his moveset as a assist trophy in his smash moveset, like his shurikens can be his neutral special or something

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Do we have the results based on how many people voted for who? All I see are the ranked points.
7 people voted for Virtual Boy and of those a few had them as their top pick for 3 points giving Virtual Boy 13 points, that's 4th/5th place I believe

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Takamaru does disqualify all other Samurai/Ninja characters for base game however.
Damn. What a rough week for Hayabusa...

Big fan of Takamaru though. I am quite happy with these results. Here's a banner update Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom . Honestly, I would be very happy if we got another retro character prompt in the future. There is a lot of potential in that category. I feel like it's hard to have too many, as they all represent their own series. Like we could easily have Takamaru, Excitebiker, Ayumi etc. without feeling like overkill, in my opinion. I just think it's a really fun and diverse category.
Infinite Current.png

God, I can't get over that I got ****ing Videl of all characters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom