• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which option should we go with for our winter/star-based fourth party Mii costume

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I like Rayman a lot but I feel like we should doo a series that would allow people to submit multiple characters, and there's no rayman character other than the rabbids who have any chance of getting in over rayman myself

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
What kind of poll would be get for character submissions if either wins? Would it just be full open submission rounds or would we just have a thread poll with the most popular choices? Obviously for Rayman the submission was Rayman as the character (and it wouldn't really make sense for anyone else), but for Undertale, I feel like Frisk and Sans would be the only ones with much of a chance (maybe Undyne, but that's a very heavy maybe), so would we have a poll with Frisk and Sans and a possible open submission round or just straight to open submissions? Or would we have a buffer job in between the festival opening and the character job like currency or collectables or something?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
HERE IS THE VOTING LINK FOR RAYMAN AND UNDERTALE RUN OFF

What kind of poll would be get for character submissions if either wins? Would it just be full open submission rounds or would we just have a thread poll with the most popular choices? Obviously for Rayman the submission was Rayman as the character (and it wouldn't really make sense for anyone else), but for Undertale, I feel like Frisk and Sans would be the only ones with much of a chance (maybe Undyne, but that's a very heavy maybe), so would we have a poll with Frisk and Sans and a possible open submission round or just straight to open submissions? Or would we have a buffer job in between the festival opening and the character job like currency or collectables or something?
Rayman is we vote for the Rayman franchise will automatically get in. If Undertale, it will be up to Sans or Frisky unless someone thinks otherwise as they are predominate characters

Im busy tongith and will be unable to get anything started up. I will also be tomorrow until Thursday so, possibly, expect results Thursday unless I can quickly get the votes vounted by tomorrow at 10 am. That is my only window between now and Thursday - literally 30 minutes where I will have access to the internet and free time

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
While I'm not against Undertale (though I wouldn't ever forgive leakers for ruining Terry's reveal and not bringing up that Mii costume), but like Ahri in a previous Infinite thread, Rayman had so many close calls there (Master Chief being the most memorable in Beyond's history), and as we once covered that time, he's got plenty of moveset and content potential to borrow from his nearly 30-year long history.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of voting! I am very strapped for time so I will be not only announcing but starting our next voting early:

NameTotal
Undertale9
Rayman6

Please open the spoiler below to find out who won!

Undertale is the winner! That being said, we have two characters that are basically viable. I know people MAY want to submit more characters but, honestly, Frisk and Sans are the only viable characters in my opinion. Deltarune is not a part of Undertale when it comes to characters but the two may share some content in areas such as Spirits and Music. I think it is important to establish this fact.

We will begin to vote for an Undertale character shortly. (In the future, I think we will be submitting a character instead and THEN base a franchise festival off that character.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Here are the results of voting! I am very strapped for time so I will be not only announcing but starting our next voting early:

NameTotal
Undertale9
Rayman6

Undertale is the winner! That being said, we have two characters that are basically viable. I know people MAY want to submit more characters but, honestly, Frisk and Sans are the only viable characters in my opinion. Deltarune is not a part of Undertale when it comes to characters but the two may share some content in areas such as Spirits and Music. I think it is important to establish this fact.

We will begin to vote for an Undertale character shortly. (In the future, I think we will be submitting a character instead and THEN base a franchise festival off that character.
Undertale and Detlarune share characters. Sans is in Detlarune. I really feel like people should be allowed to submit the other undertale characters at least

cashregister9

Smash Hero

NameTotal
Undertale9
Rayman6

I vehemently disagree that Sans and Frisk are the only viable characters, Darkvortex already mentioned that Deltarune shares characters with Undertale and then the Undertale cast is so popular that there are a bunch of characters that I could see being just as viable, Papyrus and Undyne are ridiculously popular and are characters that canonically would fight in a tournament when compared to characters like Sans and Frisk who are, for all intents and purposes, pacifists, and if we are not going the pacifist message route, Toriel, Mettaton, Asriel, Asgore, Alphys, Susie, Ralsei, Kris and most characters could bring something completely unique with them

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
On one hand we can get the Sexbomb, but on the other hand we can probably get U
poor Rayman,was submitted twice and lose twice,the first one was a sci-fi super soldier and the second is hypothetically a lazy and funny skeleton with a blue hoodie
We'll get him in the next shot

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
In my opinion, Fatal Fury and King of Fighter's are shared universes but are treated as separate. The same should go for Deltarune and Undertale. If we wanted a Deltarune character, we should og have submitted Undertale. Why should Deltarune and Undertale be treated as the same universe and not Fatal Fury and KoF?

darkvortex

Smash Lord
In my opinion, Fatal Fury and King of Fighter's are shared universes but are treated as separate. The same should go for Deltarune and Undertale. If we wanted a Deltarune character, we should og have submitted Undertale. Why should Deltarune and Undertale be treated as the same universe and not Fatal Fury and KoF?
that's fair but I still feel like we should allow submissions for the other undertale characters

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
I like to say Frisk getting in doesn't ruin pacifist messages because the neutral run literality exist. Undertale as a whole is about the choices you make as Frisk.

Like even in the pacifist run, you are forced to fight Asgore no matter what.

And while Sans is only fought if you were to go on a genocide route. In-universe, he would had killed you regredless but didn't because of Toriel's promise. So who to say Sans can't fight when he could?

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I like to say Frisk getting in doesn't ruin pacifist messages because the neutral run literality exist. Undertale as a whole is about the choices you make as Frisk.

Like even in the pacifist run, you are forced to fight Asgore no matter what.

And while Sans is only fought if you were to go on a genocide route. In-universe, he would had killed you regredless but didn't because of Toriel's promise. So who to say Sans can't fight when he could?
I was only bringing up the pacifist stuff because that is a valid consideration some people have when it comes to Undertale content in anything. I don't really think it should affect things here, But in the case that it did, I wanted to show just how many characters could still be valid.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’ll open submissions for a general Undertale rep but I’m still going to hold true to Deltaeune being available because of the Fatal Fury/King of Foghyers precedent. I understand they may share games but so does Mario and its umbrella franchises along with FF/KoF.

Submit an Undertale Newcomer

We will be submitting an Undertale rep. Now, in regards to a Rep, please submit the reason why this character should be considered along with, and I’m going to hold true to this, a general character gameplay write-up on how to consider the character would play as. This is will be open to interpretation though and possibly tweaked yo nature it incorporations elements people submit. So please just don’t please don’t just submit a character. Submit why this character should be considered along with a summary of how you think they would be as a playable character.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
before everyone will submit first this character,i will say that my submission is..

Undertale Newcomer: Sans

Sans is a reocurring character from the game Undertale, he is a skeleton who lives in snowdin with his brother Papyrus, he is also lazy, likes ketchup and the most strongest boss on the game even he have just have 1 HP,just on genocide route of Undertale, Sans is litterally the most popular character by Undertale fandom and by internet, he is the winner of the Tumblr Sexyman tournament, have a Nendoroid figure, almost was in the webseries Death Battle who his opponent is The Judge from the other Indie RPG game OFF and... he is in Smash Ultimate as a Mii costume

Sans's attacks could be he using bones and gaster blasters,Sans's playstyle i think that could be Bait & Punish or Trapper

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
UNDERTALE Newcomer: Undyne

I know I'm not very active on this thread (and that's putting it VERY nicely), but I find the idea that Frisk and Sans are UT's only viable fighters kinda silly, so allow me to throw my hat in the ring with this pitch.

Out of all of UT's cast, Undyne is probably the one that'd be most likely to accept a Smash invite. Plus, she's a very popular character in her own right, with one of her battle themes getting remixed by ZUN!

As a fighter, I'd imagine she'd be very up-close and personal and wield a spear as her primary weapon, making her fit right at home alongside BWD. In addition, she could summon magic spears to give herself a nice projectile and suplex opponents, just because she can. Her brash, gung-ho personality would make for an interesting and fun translation to Smash, being a lot more damage-orientated than BWD at the cost of some mobility. If you wanted to, you could also translate her Undying form as a risk/reward transformation which amps up her damage/specials at the cost of taking constant chip damage due to the effects of DETERMINATION. Would be a lot more interesting than a standard comeback mechanic.

Overall, I think Undyne would be a fun add to the cast!

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
UNDERTALE Newcomer: Frisk

Undertale has a colorful cast of memorable characters with each main cast being important to the story and its themes. But I believe the main character who actually moves forward and push towards the plot itself deserve a spot in Smash Bros. They are the one who pull the main cast together after all. Frisk may seen as an blank state at first of course as our choices in the game interpret who Frisk can be. However, Frisk represent the moral compass and game mechanics of Undertale itself like how Steve incorporates Minecraft's game mechanics into their moveset too.

Frisk may be an normal child but they're actually quite strong when determined enough. Being able to keep with with Undyne, Papyrus, Mettaton, and King Asgore with the power of their determination. I believe we should incorporeate the moral compass and choices of Undertale into the moveset. Basically, every action we as a player do as Frisk will affect how the character plays moving forward.

They may start off as neutral but depending on our actions rather we make Frisk more aggressive and ruthless like Ridley or more fun and loving like Isabelle. Making Frisk having three possible different playstyles in general. It be a bit complicated but I believe its the best way to include Undertale in Smash rather then having Sans to fill in. They would be a fun unique character to play as in Smash.

Overall, I believe Frisk may be one of the best fitting to represent Undertale in Smash as a whole and how our choices will still impact Frisk in the battle. Plus, depending on your interpretation. They may be the first non-binary fighter in the game.

Last edited:

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
before everyone will submit first this character,i will say that my submission is..

Sans is a reocurring character from the game Undertale, he is a skeleton who lives in snowdin with his brother Papyrus, he is also lazy, likes ketchup and the most strongest boss on the game even he have just have 1 HP,just on genocide route of Undertale, Sans is litterally the most popular character by Undertale fandom and by internet, he is the winner of the Tumblr Sexyman tournament, have a Nendoroid figure, almost was in the webseries Death Battle who his opponent is The Judge from the other Indie RPG game OFF and... he is in Smash Ultimate as a Mii costume
We can't get the Sexbomb, but as a consolation prize we get Sans Gaming.

I see this as a win tbf.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
...we're getting...an Undertale character...?

OH, YES~!
1708553231928.png
Mettaton is a major boss in the indie game Undertale. A creation of the reptilian scientist Alphys, Mettaton is a celebrity in the Underground, hosting wild puzzle-filled game shows for the masses. But perhaps what most people know Mettaton for is his boss fight, which transforms him from a cartoonish toaster on a wheel into a stylish curvy-legged android with a penchant for spamming flashy poses. There's an extra form he possesses during the Genocide Route of the game, Mettaton NEO, that lasts for about one hit before he gets dismantled. That being said, the NEO body would make a later reappearance as the body of Deltarune's [[#1 Rated Salesman 1997]] Spamton G. Spamton, where it's become a lot more durable. Spamton would not have as memorable a secret boss fight as he did if Toby Fox never made Mettaton, I'm just gonna say right now.

Mettaton would be a very evasive and tricky character who could have a mechanic revolving around Ratings, a major mechanic that's a part of his boss fight. His playstyle would revolve around him being the center of the spotlight, a robot who flourishes when in the advantage and relishing in buffs provided by having high Ratings.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Your submission needs to include an actual playstyle write-up rather than just a character submission.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
By the way, in the past, when we had submissions which included moveset submissions ALONG with the character, we allowed multiple submissions of a character since som emay disagree with the moveset submitted. As we are included gameplay mechanics along with it, I decided to incorporate that again. This was something we had instituted it but phased it out later.

We will be allowing submissions of the character. We will group them into a character but, should that character win, we will then vote on which submission we wish to utilize. This allows:

1) everyone to get a submission in
2) wider interpretations of the character

So Sans, Frisk, Matttron, and Udyne can hav emutliple submissions. Once we get to voting, we will vote on the submissions based on user since some users may disagree with the interpretations of the character.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I am on the side of Sans being the only choice that makes sense since he just seems so much more popular especially to people who havent played the game.

That being said i just wanted to make note of the Project M Sans mod. I think they really nailed making him a fun/unique fighter & hopefully we would have some similarities. My one complaint for that interpretation being i remember him being a bit op, especially his Gaster Blaster Summon attack. Admittedly this mod did make me warm up to the idea of Sans in Smash quite a bit as someone whos only played about an hour Undertale.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be moving on to voting for our Undertale rep! Here are the submissions. Please keep in mind that we will be going with the character design written by the person who submitted it with very few changes unless deemed necessary.

Here are the submissions:

Sans's attacks could be he using bones and gaster blasters,Sans's playstyle i think that could be Bait & Punish or Trapper
UNDERTALE Newcomer: Undyne

I know I'm not very active on this thread (and that's putting it VERY nicely), but I find the idea that Frisk and Sans are UT's only viable fighters kinda silly, so allow me to throw my hat in the ring with this pitch.

Out of all of UT's cast, Undyne is probably the one that'd be most likely to accept a Smash invite. Plus, she's a very popular character in her own right, with one of her battle themes getting remixed by ZUN!

As a fighter, I'd imagine she'd be very up-close and personal and wield a spear as her primary weapon, making her fit right at home alongside BWD. In addition, she could summon magic spears to give herself a nice projectile and suplex opponents, just because she can. Her brash, gung-ho personality would make for an interesting and fun translation to Smash, being a lot more damage-orientated than BWD at the cost of some mobility. If you wanted to, you could also translate her Undying form as a risk/reward transformation which amps up her damage/specials at the cost of taking constant chip damage due to the effects of DETERMINATION. Would be a lot more interesting than a standard comeback mechanic.

Overall, I think Undyne would be a fun add to the cast!
UNDERTALE Newcomer: Frisk

Undertale has a colorful cast of memorable characters with each main cast being important to the story and its themes. But I believe the main character who actually moves forward and push towards the plot itself deserve a spot in Smash Bros. They are the one who pull the main cast together after all. Frisk may seen as an blank state at first of course as our choices in the game interpret who Frisk can be. However, Frisk represent the moral compass and game mechanics of Undertale itself like how Steve incorporates Minecraft's game mechanics into their moveset too.

Frisk may be an normal child but they're actually quite strong when determined enough. Being able to keep with with Undyne, Papyrus, Mettaton, and King Asgore with the power of their determination. I believe we should incorporeate the moral compass and choices of Undertale into the moveset. Basically, every action we as a player do as Frisk will affect how the character plays moving forward.

They may start off as neutral but depending on our actions rather we make Frisk more aggressive and ruthless like Ridley or more fun and loving like Isabelle. Making Frisk having three possible different playstyles in general. It be a bit complicated but I believe its the best way to include Undertale in Smash rather then having Sans to fill in. They would be a fun unique character to play as in Smash.

Overall, I believe Frisk may be one of the best fitting to represent Undertale in Smash as a whole and how our choices will still impact Frisk in the battle. Plus, depending on your interpretation. They may be the first non-binary fighter in the game.
...we're getting...an Undertale character...?

Mettaton is a major boss in the indie game Undertale. A creation of the reptilian scientist Alphys, Mettaton is a celebrity in the Underground, hosting wild puzzle-filled game shows for the masses. But perhaps what most people know Mettaton for is his boss fight, which transforms him from a cartoonish toaster on a wheel into a stylish curvy-legged android with a penchant for spamming flashy poses. There's an extra form he possesses during the Genocide Route of the game, Mettaton NEO, that lasts for about one hit before he gets dismantled. That being said, the NEO body would make a later reappearance as the body of Deltarune's [[#1 Rated Salesman 1997]] Spamton G. Spamton, where it's become a lot more durable. Spamton would not have as memorable a secret boss fight as he did if Toby Fox never made Mettaton, I'm just gonna say right now.

Mettaton would be a very evasive and tricky character who could have a mechanic revolving around Ratings, a major mechanic that's a part of his boss fight. His playstyle would revolve around him being the center of the spotlight, a robot who flourishes when in the advantage and relishing in buffs provided by having high Ratings.
In listed form:
  • Sans
  • Frisk
  • Udyne
  • Mettaton

PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE!

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Poor Papyrus got left out lol.

I believe this all comes down to between Frisk and Sans. Which is hard to choose since they are both equally important although Sans is def more popular and known to the mainstream audience. But he is a supporting character (and a boss) in the end and it be weird to pick him over Frisk, the main character personally. But I do like to see how we can make Sans work here if he wins. Again, hard to choose for me.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
I was waiting for more Undertale characters, Papyrus, Muffet, Toriel, Flowey/Asriel, Asgore, even Deltarune characters (even that Undertale and Deltarune could be different series)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Lol this isn't even close

I do want to ask, and I know next to nothing about Undertale and, honestly, I am not a fan of it. Would Papyrus work for a possible "assist" move for Sans? Or even a Pyra/Myhra siuation?

Asking for a friend

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion

I do want to ask, and I know next to nothing about Undertale and, honestly, I am not a fan of it. Would Papyrus work for a possible "assist" move for Sans? Or even a Pyra/Myhra siuation?

Asking for a friend
So Sans won huh

Honestly Sans being a swap character is the funniest thing ever so why not, as long as he a Papyrus get a swapped color alt

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman

Asking for a friend
I mean, at best he would be cheering his brother in the background as the big supportive guy he is.

I guess if we wanna take the route that Sans is too lazy in some of his moves to fight. Papyrus can take it for him but that would mean it be Sans and Papyrus as a duo fighter like Pyra/Myhra which i don't think its the case here unless we should include Papyrus in his moveset.

FazDude

Smash Master
Sans winning isn't surprising or upsetting (my main goal with Undyne was to encourage non-Sans/Frisk submissions rather than actually winning), but I disgaree with making him team up with Papyrus, at least in a "same normals, different specials" sense like the Aegis. The two brothers have very different fighting styles; Papyrus focuses on presentation and fair, while Sans is a lot more to-the-point and just sticks to what he knows will work. Trying to find a middleground between these two extremes would undermine at least one of the brothers' personalities.

So no, I don't think they should be clones like the Aegis, and an assist move doesn't sound that appealing either (having Sans nap while Papyrus does the FS would be hilarious and in-character, but I don't think that'd be very popular). Giving Sans a victory animation where he gives his trophy to Papyrus would be great, though.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Regardless of moveset, I think it would be cool is Sans' grab had him turn the opponent blue like he and Papyrus do in their battles and then turn the opponent orange when he uses one of his throw attack. Would make a nice reference to the games.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'd be a-okay with having Papyrus be alongside Sans. Could probably have a tapped/held input style similar to Ryu/Ken where tap A and Sans attacks but hold A and Papyrus attacks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom