• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which option should we go with for our winter/star-based fourth party Mii costume

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of voting. FINALLY! After nearly a week!!!!!

Name2 Points1 PointTotal
Sans9 (18)321
Undyne077
Frisk5 (10)111
Mettaton1 (2)35

With that....

Sans from Undertale
Sans from Undertale will be making his entry into the roster as a playable fighter. This will include an Undertale-themed Festival complete with a change to the Smahs HUb, Undertale-related collectibles, and more. We will begin to craft San's moveset based on this write-u[p

Sans's attacks could be he using bones and gaster blasters,Sans's playstyle i think that could be Bait & Punish or Trapper
There is much to go by so, instead, we will be turning to the fans to craft a character gimmick for Sans. What kind of character gimmick should Sans have? I was reading through several that use Karma and other gameplay concepts. Obviously, we should try to have it emulate his boss battle version which can be found here

Please submit a character gimmick for Sans

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
When I wrote his submission for him a while ago. I mentioned how he would be a fast spammable fighter who can slowly poison his opponents. Making him sorta of a boss character. However, he would be a glass canon. Meaning he'll be at an disadvantage if a heavy fighter were to grab him.

But if I were to give him a unique gimmick and to try to have Sans to represent Undertale in general for Smash. I think Papyrus should be in the background supporting his brother whenever Sans feeling too lazy or tired (such as if Sans were to teleport or spam his bones too much). Papyrus will lend him a hand by using orange attacks or his own bone attacks or just coaching him. There would be like a bar to showcase this and it would go down if Sans is overdoing it. The bar will passively go up if you take it easy with Sans.

It wouldn't really be a duo fighter since Sans will have to actually pick up the slack mostly for himself while Papyrus just stands there in the background looking cool. But I think its a good way to showcase the funny side of Undertale rather then just having Sans being all alone and serious if we wanted to represent Undertale in smash.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Here is an idea:

Sans, as you may know, always inflict 1 damage for all of his attacks in his game, however the more frames of damage he inflicts the more KARMA he inflicts, essentially acting as a poison. My concept is taking that concept and adapting it towards Smash. All of Sans' attacks deal very weak direct damage and hitstun, however they last a very long time on the field, the longer a fighter is in the range of these attacks their percent will be slowly ticking down, with more accumulated KARMA speeding up the damage. KARMA also speeds up shield degradation and weakens an opponent's dodges, and to remove KARMA you have to attack Sans, so it fuses the Undertale mechanic with the concept of gray damage in many normal fighting games, which fits for a plat fighter like Smash.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
My idea is more aesthetic rather than explicitly related to gameplay gimmicks or all that but

My idea is that Sans is so lazy that he rarely directly attacks. He will either do something mundane like make a hotdog or play trombone but not use his actual attacks. Papyrus would appear in grabs and maybe some specials. Other characters could even appear too.

The only time Sans uses his actual boss abilities would be for a Final Smash and maybe a special or Smash Attack.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be voting for one of these character gimmicks…
When I wrote his submission for him a while ago. I mentioned how he would be a fast spammable fighter who can slowly poison his opponents. Making him sorta of a boss character. However, he would be a glass canon. Meaning he'll be at an disadvantage if a heavy fighter were to grab him.

But if I were to give him a unique gimmick and to try to have Sans to represent Undertale in general for Smash. I think Papyrus should be in the background supporting his brother whenever Sans feeling too lazy or tired (such as if Sans were to teleport or spam his bones too much). Papyrus will lend him a hand by using orange attacks or his own bone attacks or just coaching him. There would be like a bar to showcase this and it would go down if Sans is overdoing it. The bar will passively go up if you take it easy with Sans.

It wouldn't really be a duo fighter since Sans will have to actually pick up the slack mostly for himself while Papyrus just stands there in the background looking cool. But I think its a good way to showcase the funny side of Undertale rather then just having Sans being all alone and serious if we wanted to represent Undertale in smash.
Here is an idea:

Sans, as you may know, always inflict 1 damage for all of his attacks in his game, however the more frames of damage he inflicts the more KARMA he inflicts, essentially acting as a poison. My concept is taking that concept and adapting it towards Smash. All of Sans' attacks deal very weak direct damage and hitstun, however they last a very long time on the field, the longer a fighter is in the range of these attacks their percent will be slowly ticking down, with more accumulated KARMA speeding up the damage. KARMA also speeds up shield degradation and weakens an opponent's dodges, and to remove KARMA you have to attack Sans, so it fuses the Undertale mechanic with the concept of gray damage in many normal fighting games, which fits for a plat fighter like Smash.
My idea is more aesthetic rather than explicitly related to gameplay gimmicks or all that but

My idea is that Sans is so lazy that he rarely directly attacks. He will either do something mundane like make a hotdog or play trombone but not use his actual attacks. Papyrus would appear in grabs and maybe some specials. Other characters could even appear too.

The only time Sans uses his actual boss abilities would be for a Final Smash and maybe a special or Smash Attack.
Please use the thread poll to vote

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As we decide on a gimmick, we doing a...

Undertale Stage Submission

As you submit, please provide the name of the stage, how it looks, any stage gimmicks, any cameos, battlefield/omega forms, and more. Please keep in mind we have yet to fully decide if Papyrus will be available for Sans so, in the mean time, assume it will be a Toon Link situation on Spirit Tracks. Heck, we could also say the same for Sans as well.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I had some extra time so I finished San’s stock icon. Is ansvg file so I can’t post it here but it’s on the wikis. I really like it

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Undertale Stage: Snowdin

imagem_2024-02-23_140801633.png

Snowdin is a place from Undertale,it is a snowy city where Frisk travels after the Ruins and it's the place where Sans and Papyrus lives.

Snowdin as a stage is hard horizontal snowy platformer with two soft platforms who are snow,the stage have the Snowdin Inn and Snowdin Shop and a lot of pine trees as parts of the scenario of the stage,the sky could be black but the stage is illuminated.

Snowdin have cameo characters who are Papyrus, Toriel, Undyne, Mettaton, Alphys, Flowey, Asgore, Frisk and Sans if he is not in the stage as a fighter, similar to Toon Link on Spirit Tracks and the cameos works similar as the KOF characters on KOF Stadium.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Undertale Stage: Snowdin

View attachment 385331

Snowdin is a place from Undertale,it is a snowy city where Frisk travels after the Ruins and it's the place where Sans and Papyrus lives.

Snowdin as a stage is hard horizontal snowy platformer with two soft platforms who are snow,the stage have the Snowdin Inn and Snowdin Shop and a lot of pine trees as parts of the scenario of the stage,the sky could be black but the stage is illuminated.

Snowdin have cameo characters who are Papyrus, Toriel, Undyne, Mettaton, Alphys, Flowey, Asgore, Frisk and Sans if he is not in the stage as a fighter, similar to Toon Link on Spirit Tracks and the cameos works similar as the KOF characters on KOF Stadium.
And somewhere in the background. You'll see the river person taking other monsters into other places. With rare cameos appearing such as Spamton, The Fun Gang, or Jevil.

And on a very rare occasion in the stage. There is may be a grey door somewhere.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Looks very unique compared to the streamlined Ultimate stock icons we've had before with curved smooth edges, this one seems a lot more sprite focused and shows the full face (eyes, nose, mouth).
That was the idea due to Undertale's pixelated graphics as a way to call back to it without changing San's overall model.

He should have an Easter egg where if the opponent is on his last stock, one of his eyes will glow blue
Sansstock2.png

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Due to a lack of stage submissions, we will be going with Snowdin

In addition, we will be going with both of these submissions…

Here is an idea:

We will begin submitting moves for Sans which includes Normals and Specials but we will need to highlight which moves utilize KARMA as well as in what ways does Papyrus interact with Sansx

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Neutral Special
Ribcage

A simple but iconic attack that has Sans summon a close-knit row of bones from the ground to damage the opponent, the bones deal KARMA damage and are one of the more common ways to inflict the status condition. Sans can hold down the special button to allow the bones to travel farther, allowing the attack to have surprising range. If the target is on the ground they will be tripped, allowing the attack to deal more KARMA damage. When Papyrus is involved he tosses a bone from above that acts as a potent spike, the purpose of this bone is to spike the opponent into Sans' bones to maximize the amount of KARMA received

Down Tilt
That Darn Dog
Sans doesn't actually attack, instead the Annoying Dog trips him and then trips the opponent as well, for a down tilt it's quite a long range, though that comes at the cost of have noticeable end-lag if it misses.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
poor Rayman,was submitted twice and lose twice,the first one was a sci-fi super soldier and the second is hypothetically a lazy and funny skeleton with a blue hoodie
Reminds me of how in the original Infinite, Ahri got to two runoffs and lost them both to Lara Croft and Angry Birds Red before she finally got in Season 3.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Down Special:
Blue SOUL

Sans will flash his eye for a brief moment, preparing to counterattack his foe. If the foe strikes him, Sans will inflict the foe with a status where they possess a blue heart for 60 frames + 1 frame per every 1% the attack would've dealt. While in this state, a fighter is reduced to Steve's jump power, but if going beyond the stage, the status effect will wear off. If attempting to initiate DSpec while this is active, Papyrus will appear and summon a trail of bones from his position like they were a bed of spikes dealing medium damage and knockback on hit.

Up Tilt:
Ketchup Swig
Sans leans back while chugging on a large bottle of ketchup, the bottle hitting anybody above himself for minor damage. While this has short endlag, there is a cancelable animation where he wipes the ketchup from his mouth after the swig.

Last edited:

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
Down Air
Bone Spike
Sans swings a bone downwards, which can result in a meteor spike.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Neutral Special
Ribcage

A simple but iconic attack that has Sans summon a close-knit row of bones from the ground to damage the opponent, the bones deal KARMA damage and are one of the more common ways to inflict the status condition. Sans can hold down the special button to allow the bones to travel farther, allowing the attack to have surprising range. If the target is on the ground they will be tripped, allowing the attack to deal more KARMA damage. When Papyrus is involved he tosses a bone from above that acts as a potent spike, the purpose of this bone is to spike the opponent into Sans' bones to maximize the amount of KARMA received

Down Tilt
That Darn Dog
Sans doesn't actually attack, instead the Annoying Dog trips him and then trips the opponent as well, for a down tilt it's quite a long range, though that comes at the cost of have noticeable end-lag if it misses.
I know next to nothing about Undertale and just started watching San’s battle. I still understand very little about Undertales combat system so I’m not going to try to know what I’m talking about but wouldn’t the Ribcage be perhaps better for side special and make Gaster Blaster a neutral special?

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Up Special: Gaster Blaster Flight

Sans jumps who a Gaster Blaster appears below him,the Gaster Blaster shots a laser beam downards who makes Sans flying with the Gaster Blaster pushed and flying like a rocket,this attack causes 27,3% of damage,when the Gaster Blaster shots the opponent

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Side Special: Gaster Blasters / COOL DUDE
Sans summons out Gaster Blasters at any direction and use them to blast the opponent at 5% damage with 1.5% damage increasing from KARMA. While this move can be spammed. if used too much. Sans will get tired and Papyrus will fill in for his Side Special by summoning an trail of bones that formed the words "COOL DUDE" at the enemy till Sans is ready again. The cooldown would be 8-10 seconds. It does a little more damage but its less faster. It does no KARMA damage when Papyrus attacks.

Up Special: Teleport / Papyrus's Blue Mode
Sans can briefly teleport where he would disappear and suddenly appear at any given direction within range in a fair distance. This would not put Sans into freefall as he can freely use any other moves right after. Of course, if used too much. Papyrus will help Sans instead by turning his brother's soul blue to move upwards but will get into freefall.

Final Smash: Sans's Strongest Attack.
If any opponent gets get by a single bone rising from the ground when his FS is active. It would send them to the Undertale battle bud where Sans to proceed to use his strongest attack like he did at the start of the genocide fight. It may be possible to dodge it but more often then not. You'll get hit with tons of KARMA poison.

If on his last stock and high damage, he will do his last desperate attack which also uses his telekinesis to whip the opponent around but also causes Sans to be fatigued at the end of the Final Smash.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I know next to nothing about Undertale and just started watching San’s battle. I still understand very little about Undertales combat system so I’m not going to try to know what I’m talking about but wouldn’t the Ribcage be perhaps better for side special and make Gaster Blaster a neutral special?
i gotta agree with this

Jab Attack - Sans jabs a bone fowards
Forward Tilt - Sans does a lazy kick towards
Forward Smash - Sans summons two bones, one form above and one form below to crush a a fighter
Grab - Sans puts his his palm out and holds the opponent with his psychic powers

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I notice that strong projectiles tend to be side specials, Sephiroth's Flare, Ness' PK Fire, Mega Man's Crash Bomb, among others, Gaster Blaster also feels more like a side-special than a simple projectile.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think what we will go with is:

Neutral Special: Ribcage
Side Special: Gaster Blaster / COOL DUDE

Up SpeciaL; Teleport / Papyrus' Blue Mode
Down Special: Blue SOUL
Final Smash: San's Strongest Move

Blue can be switched IMO but we can discuss that later

Side Special: Gaster Blasters / COOL DUDE
Sans summons out Gaster Blasters at any direction and use them to blast the opponent at 5% damage with 1.5% damage increasing from KARMA. While this move can be spammed. if used too much. Sans will get tired and Papyrus will fill in for his Side Special by summoning an trail of bones that formed the words "COOL DUDE" at the enemy till Sans is ready again. The cooldown would be 8-10 seconds. It does a little more damage but its less faster. It does no KARMA damage when Papyrus attacks.

Up Special: Teleport / Papyrus's Blue Mode
Sans can briefly teleport where he would disappear and suddenly appear at any given direction within range in a fair distance. This would not put Sans into freefall as he can freely use any other moves right after. Of course, if used too much. Papyrus will help Sans instead by turning his brother's soul blue to move upwards but will get into freefall.

Final Smash: Sans's Strongest Attack.
If any opponent gets get by a single bone rising from the ground when his FS is active. It would send them to the Undertale battle bud where Sans to proceed to use his strongest attack like he did at the start of the genocide fight. It may be possible to dodge it but more often then not. You'll get hit with tons of KARMA poison.
Again, not to be nitpicky, but I love the idea of Sans having a Final Smash that, when he is at his last stock and high damage, will do his last desperate attack which also uses his telekenesis to whip the opponent around but also causes Sans to be fatigued during the Final Smash.

I notice that strong projectiles tend to be side specials, Sephiroth's Flare, Ness' PK Fire, Mega Man's Crash Bomb, among others, Gaster Blaster also feels more like a side-special than a simple projectile.
That's not always the case. I am not sure if you meant Flare or Shadow Flare. Shadow Flare is the side special while the Flare family of spells are neutral and easily his strongest attacks. Likewise, the following characters have very strong attacks for neutrals
:ultfalcon::ultbyleth::ultcorrin::ultdk::ultganondorf::ulthero::ultike::ultkirby::ultlittlemac::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultrob::ultrobin::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsamus::ultdarksamus:

So it is not a rule but rather just how the character's kits are. While Down Specials tends to be gimmicky, it is not always the case. I was rationing that Ribcage would work better for a side as players move to use the control stick to the right to indicate where they want the bones to go. Side Specials, are their core, emphasize the need for movement or direction due to the player automatically shifting the control stick to that direction as they move so attacks that move in that direction. Gaster Blast does this as well but also utilizes an even more iconic imagery since many people know Sans with the Gaster Blaster as his arm cannon as a Mii Outfit. This ties the Mii Outfit Gaster Blaster to the Sans that is currently playable...if that makes sense.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for your submissions! Of course, you may submit things as we move forward but, that being said, I will be opening up the next submission process for...

Submit Additional Content for Sans as well as Sans Color Swaps

We will be submitting additional content along with color swaps for Sans. IU am also adding a new things we add to this lineup. This is a "defeat quote" which appears when KO'd. Like Pit says "I never learned how to read!" I know some characters, like Pit, are ratrher unique while other's, while generic, are true to the character. We will be adding Sans but also doing the same for, well, the whole Infinite+ Beyond roster.We will be submitting the following:

• Entrance Animation (1)
  • Idle Poses (2)
  • Taunts (4)
  • Victory Animations (3)
  • Victory Theme (1)
  • Crowd Cheer (1)
  • Boxing Ring Title (1)
  • Kirby Hat (1)
  • Splash Tagline (1)
  • Palutena's Guidance (1)
  • Snake Codec (1)
  • Classic Mode Route (1)
In addition, we will also be adding palette swaps for Sans. We won't have any alternate costumes like another character; just a change of color. His main default outfit uses the Blue color swap.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Sans Color Swap

Undyne

San's coat and shoes are now grey like Undyne's armor. His pants are silver like Undyne's spear. The inner part of the coat (originally white) including the hoodie is now red like Undynes hair. The skeleton part of Sans is slightly tinted blue like Undyne. His teeth and glowing eye are slightly yellow like Undyne's teeth and eyes.

1708815455384.png

1708815475529.png

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Boxing Ring Title: Giver of Bad Times

Alternate Color
1708817344107.png

Black Alt
Since Undertale sprites are black during battle, it would make sense that Sans has a costume to reference that. His shirt and pants turn black when he has this alt on.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Color Swap:
1708816362207.png

Mettaton EX
Sans's coat and slippers becomes a bright magenta like some of Mettaton's, his pants becoming black and his bones become metallic to match the robot.

Additional Content:

Boxing Ring Title: "skele-ton of fun" (Yes, it would be in lower-case and in Comic Sans)

Victory Animation: Sans is walking away from the camera before the screen turns to black for a split second. When the black disappears, Sans is sitting at Grillby's with a nice bottle of ketchup to drink.

Classic Mode: The Seven Human SOULS
Sans's battles replicate the nature of the seven SOULS in the underground.
Round 1Joker (Sans is allied with Light Blue :ultkirby:)
Stage: Ostrheinsberg Chapel
The Light Blue SOUL, Patience. Items attributed to this are the Toy Knife and Faded Ribbon, which can be found on Joker.
Round 2Marin (Sans is allied with Meta Knight :ultkirby:)
Stage: Snowdin
The Blue SOUL, Integrity. The ballet-heavy theme of the items can be attributed to Marin's dance-like moveset.
Round 3Ryu (Sans is allied with Orange :ultkirby:)
Stage: Underworld (Elysium)
The Orange SOUL, Bravery. The aesthetic of the items is heavily reminiscent of the gear Ryu possesses.
BONUS ROUND
Round 4Roll (Sans is allied with Green :ultkirby:)
Stage: Mushroomy Kingdom (Battlefield)
The Green SOUL, Kindness. The nature of these items can be tied to Roll's, ahem, role as a housekeeping robot.
Round 5Leon (Sans is allied with Yellow :ultkirby:)
Stage: Aperture Smash Chamber
The Yellow SOUL, Justice. The aesthetic of Leon's default skin can allude to the fangame Undertale Yellow, where the Yellow Child has an old west aesthetic.
Round 6Zagreus (Sans is allied with Purple :ultkirby:)
Stage: Saffron City
The Purple SOUL, Perserverance. The nature of Zagreus's runs in the Underworld shows off his determination to get out.
BOSSMARX (Sans is allied with Red :ultkirby:)The Red SOUL, belonging to both the player character and Chara.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Splash Tagline: Sans dunks the Competition!

Entrance Animation: The screen briefly goes black for one second before Sans and Papyrus suddenly appears on the stage.

Kirby Hat:
Kirby (Sans) by JosueCr4ft on DeviantArt

Kirby has Sans's blue hoodie and can raise its short arm to summon a Gaster Blaster on his own.

Victory Theme: a remix of sans. - Toby Fox

Victory Animation: Sans would be holding a medal on his hand, but he didn't look interested in it and gave it to Papyrus next to him who happily accepts it.

Idle Pose: When standing for a period of time. Sans will fall asleep standing until the player wakes him up by moving. Papyrus would either look disappointed by the lack of anything or makes a cool pose while his cape flows in the wind

Taunt: Sans turns to the camera winking and a shrug as a rimshot plays. As if he’d just told a bad pun. While Papyrus stomps on the ground in annoyance.

Extra Bonus: To capture the spirit of Undertale in the game. If one waits for a 1-2 minutes on Snowdin Town with Sans and another fighter. Sans and Papyrus will often make small talk with various of topics and commenting on each fighter sometimes.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Alt

Fangamer Green

His jacket would be this shade of Green, Fangamer is the official merchandise provider for Undertale and Deltarune.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
taunt - sans would fall asleep with multiple zs appearing when he uses the taunt
That is very familiar with the idle pose we accepted so, while certain taunts do seem similar, this one is just too close to the idle pose.

FazDude

Smash Master
Boxing Ring Title: The Weakest Enemy
Taunt: Sans drinks a bottle of ketchup, with Papyrus looking on in disgust.
Victory Animation: Sans is sleeping before Papyrus raises him into the air in triumph. Sans is initially surprised, but is ultimately glad to see his brother happy.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for the submissions! We will continue to allow for additional content. That being said, we will begin to focus on other Undertale content to submit.

Submit a Mii Costume for Undertale

While the Sans outfit is still available for the Mii Gunner, we will be submitting Mii Costumes from the Undertale series. We will be accepting more than one winning submission when we get to voting. When submitting, please indicate what Mii Costume it is for and how it may affect the weapon that it goes to.

Submit Music from Undertale

Undertale has some gems in it. You may submit 2 original tracks and one remix track. While I know it is tempting to submit all remix tracks, remix tracks tend to be less common than original tracks and we will stick with that for the Undertale music submissions. When submitting, please keep this in mind. Also, keep watch on other submissions to ensure there aren't any duplicates. Deltarune music will not be allowed as we are only focusing on Undertale. I will consider the possibility of Deltarune content later,

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Could we submit a 3rd original track in place of a remix track or it has to be 2 original and 1 remix? Also is there a possibility of a Deltarune music round later (it was mentioned before that spirits and music were the areas that Deltarune content could be available)?

Deltarune is not a part of Undertale when it comes to characters but the two may share some content in areas such as Spirits and Music.

Last edited:
Top Bottom