• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which Rayman stage should we include?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheMicRula

Smash Apprentice
Oh boy! Here comes my suggestion!

The Rayman series!
Rayman Festival + Rayman for Smash

Raymanserie.jpeg

Originally supposed to be starting on the SNES with a prototype, Rayman has been a highly notable platformer series for not only in general but especially in the third party series with relations to Nintendo. With Rayman's recent appearance in Sparks of Hope, the exclusive Mario & Luigi costumes in Legends, Raving Rabbids being made for the Wii at launch as well as his appearance as cameos in Smash since Smash 4.
Besides the legacy with Nintendo, the Rayman games have tons of imaginative worlds, amazing soundtracks and an overall charm that is highly reminiscent of Franco-belgian comics. It has many potential for additionnal content: from a Land of the Livid Dead stage, Hoodlums or Robo-Pirates as enemies for Smash Run and probably even Globox (or the Rabbids) as an assist trophy!
1600570-rayman-2-the-great-escape-concept-art-pirate-on-the-boat.jpg
rayman2_conceptart_ekLxD (1).jpg

artworks-EwcJum7P6ZR1g6tj-Z8DQ1g-t500x500.jpg
unnamed (8).jpg

Ubisoft has yet to have a fighter in Infinite, and I think Rayman is a very solid choice, especially with his fan demand.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Feel like Paper Mario really shouldn't count as a separate franchise from Mario... if Mario is ineligible...
  • Splatoon and Mario are allowed due to the statute of limitations.
I just followed what the rules said, I am not saying Paper Mario is separate from the Mario franchise, I am just saying that this festival is just focusing on the Paper Mario branch of the Mario franchise since I feel like that part is underrepresented.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Feel like Paper Mario really shouldn't count as a separate franchise from Mario... if Mario is ineligible...
Mario and Splatoon is eligible as enough time has passed. Third party characters won’t be given the same treatment though so please keep that in mind.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
We do have several Spirits, Music, and Mii Costumes though. Plus a stage. What would a secondary Ace Attorney stage be possibly?
I mean, I didn't see that much on the Wiki, so I guess I assumed otherwise. I didn't even see anything about Mii costumes on there. Though if you'd rather me change it, I might have an emergency backup idea, but it's getting late on my end, so I'm not sure I'll be able to post it.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I mean, I didn't see that much on the Wiki, so I guess I assumed otherwise. I didn't even see anything about Mii costumes on there. Though if you'd rather me change it, I might have an emergency backup idea, but it's getting late on my end, so I'm not sure I'll be able to post it.
I can barely keep the wikis covered. It’s just me and one other doing it. I just focus on updating characters. The front page of this thread has information though. Scroll down past Inginite Beyond’s content and you will see content we added from AA. I’ll see if I can copy and paste it here as well. The wiki is never a good course of accurate info.

Here we go…

Bundle #2: A Smashing Turnabout

Character

1. Phoenix Wright
Stage
  1. Courtroom
Music
  1. Phoenix Wright ~ Objection 2001
  2. Pressing Pursuit ~ Cornered
  3. Maya Fey ~ Turnabout Sisters Theme 2001
  4. Questioning ~ Allegro 2001
  5. The Steel Samurai: Warrior of Neo Olde Tokyo
  6. Godot ~ The Fragrance of Black Coffee
  7. Great Revival ~ Miles Edgeworth
  8. Gumshoe ~ I Can Do It When It Counts, Pal
  9. Pursuit ~ Overtaken
  10. Klavier Gavin ~ Guilty Love
  11. Jake Marshall's Theme
  12. The Great Stray
  13. Herlock Sholmes' Theme
  14. Confess the Truth
  15. Investigation ~ Core 2007
  16. Pursuit ~ Cornering Together
  17. Athena Cykes ~ Courtroom Révolutionnaire 2016
  18. Naruhodo Ryutaro ~ Objection!
  19. Pursuit ~ Lying Coldly
  20. Pursuit ~ Caught
  21. Apollo Justice ~ A New Trial is in Session
  22. Pursuit ~ Questioned
  23. Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2013
  24. Gatewater Land - Blue Badger March
  25. Great Cross-Examination ~ Allegro
  26. Interesting People
  27. Trucy Wright ~ Child of Magic 2013
  28. Ema Skye ~ Forensic Scientist 2016
  29. Furio Tigre ~ Swingin' Tiger

Spirits
  1. Phoenix Wright
  2. Miles Edgeworth
  3. Judge
  4. Franziska von Karma
  5. Apollo Justice
  6. Klavier Gavin
  7. Miles Edgeworth (Chief Prosecutor)
  8. Ryunosuke Naruhodo
  9. Phoenix Wright (Fighter Spirit)
SmashSpace Items
  1. Polly
  2. Charley (the plant)
  3. Attorney's Desk
  4. Blue Badger
  5. The Thinker
  6. Fey Clan Urn
  7. Scattered Paper Flooring
Assist Trophy
  1. Franziksa von Karma
Master Spirit
  1. **** Gumshoe
Affiliated Mii Costumes
  1. Steel Samurai Mii Swordfighter (Ace Attorney)
  2. Frank West Costume (all classes) (Dead Rising)
  3. Amingo Mii Brawler (Marvel vs Capcom)
  4. Mega Man.EXE (Mega Man)

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I can barely keep the wikis covered. It’s just me and one other doing it. I just focus on updating characters. The front page of this thread has information though. Scroll down past Inginite Beyond’s content and you will see content we added from AA. I’ll see if I can copy and paste it here as well. The wiki is never a good course of accurate info.

Here we go…

Bundle #2: A Smashing Turnabout

Character

1. Phoenix Wright
Stage
  1. Courtroom
Music
  1. Phoenix Wright ~ Objection 2001
  2. Pressing Pursuit ~ Cornered
  3. Maya Fey ~ Turnabout Sisters Theme 2001
  4. Questioning ~ Allegro 2001
  5. The Steel Samurai: Warrior of Neo Olde Tokyo
  6. Godot ~ The Fragrance of Black Coffee
  7. Great Revival ~ Miles Edgeworth
  8. Gumshoe ~ I Can Do It When It Counts, Pal
  9. Pursuit ~ Overtaken
  10. Klavier Gavin ~ Guilty Love
  11. Jake Marshall's Theme
  12. The Great Stray
  13. Herlock Sholmes' Theme
  14. Confess the Truth
  15. Investigation ~ Core 2007
  16. Pursuit ~ Cornering Together
  17. Athena Cykes ~ Courtroom Révolutionnaire 2016
  18. Naruhodo Ryutaro ~ Objection!
  19. Pursuit ~ Lying Coldly
  20. Pursuit ~ Caught
  21. Apollo Justice ~ A New Trial is in Session
  22. Pursuit ~ Questioned
  23. Phoenix Wright ~ Objection! 2013
  24. Gatewater Land - Blue Badger March
  25. Great Cross-Examination ~ Allegro
  26. Interesting People
  27. Trucy Wright ~ Child of Magic 2013
  28. Ema Skye ~ Forensic Scientist 2016
  29. Furio Tigre ~ Swingin' Tiger

Spirits
  1. Phoenix Wright
  2. Miles Edgeworth
  3. Judge
  4. Franziska von Karma
  5. Apollo Justice
  6. Klavier Gavin
  7. Miles Edgeworth (Chief Prosecutor)
  8. Ryunosuke Naruhodo
  9. Phoenix Wright (Fighter Spirit)
SmashSpace Items
  1. Polly
  2. Charley (the plant)
  3. Attorney's Desk
  4. Blue Badger
  5. The Thinker
  6. Fey Clan Urn
  7. Scattered Paper Flooring
Assist Trophy
  1. Franziksa von Karma
Master Spirit
  1. **** Gumshoe
Affiliated Mii Costumes
  1. Steel Samurai Mii Swordfighter (Ace Attorney)
  2. Frank West Costume (all classes) (Dead Rising)
  3. Amingo Mii Brawler (Marvel vs Capcom)
  4. Mega Man.EXE (Mega Man)
Hm... I think we could MAYBE add more content, but you might be right in that we have all our bases covered for the most part. I had a few ideas to maybe add a stage based on someplace like Kurain Village and some Spirits based on some of the notable recurring characters, but now I'm not sure we'll have enough to justify... whatever else comes with these festivals.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Not sure if this is allowed but...

Franchise Submission:

Half-Life/Valve

ezgif-6-58807acd1b.jpg

Because of the Portal games being on the Nintendo Switch (Portal 1 and 2 to be exact), why not give this iconic western video game brand its chance to shine in Super Smash Bros Infinite: Beyond? I know we have Master Chief added in the base roster but Valve's IPs have some variety here. We have of course...Gordon Freeman from Half-Life but also Chell from Portal, various champions from DOTA, Team Fortress 2, etc. I see this as a SNK-style basis where all their IPs can be represented in some form as I feel one IP does not have enough content. An overall fun choice here.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hm... I think we could MAYBE add more content, but you might be right in that we have all our bases covered for the most part. I had a few ideas to maybe add a stage based on someplace like Kurain Village and some Spirits based on some of the notable recurring characters, but now I'm not sure we'll have enough to justify... whatever else comes with these festivals.
This is what we are including:

• Character
  • Stage
  • Assist Trophy
  • Smash Dungeon
  • Mii Costumes related to the franchise
  • Spirit Event
  • Music
  • Smash Hub Change
  • Global Event
  • Collectibles
    • Airship
    • Speeder
    • Festive Costumes and Colors for any characters from that franchise if an older franchise. If not, than zero costumes and colors.
    • Poses
    • Held Items
    • Pals
    • Effects

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
This is what we are including:

• Character
  • Stage
  • Assist Trophy
  • Smash Dungeon
  • Mii Costumes related to the franchise
  • Spirit Event
  • Music
  • Smash Hub Change
  • Global Event
  • Collectibles
    • Airship
    • Speeder
    • Festive Costumes and Colors for any characters from that franchise if an older franchise. If not, than zero costumes and colors.
    • Poses
    • Held Items
    • Pals
    • Effects
Yeah, I might have to scrap that idea. Maybe for a future job that didn't require THAT much content, but we might end up stretching things if we did it now. Not entirely sure what else to suggest now, though: I had Danganronpa as an emergency backup, but then I saw it already had an Assist Trophy, so I wasn't sure.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Fortnite + (Jonesy, Ramirez, Spitfire, Wildcat)

1708312796794.png

Fortnite is one of the largest gaming franchises in the world that has received millions of downloads. I struggled to find a franchise that could have enough content to fill an entire festival, but Fortnite more than takes the cake in that regard. Obviously we will constrain this to video game content only, non of the crossover 4th party stuff. Jonesy as the face of the franchise will be the playable rep, he will come as a Hero type character with Ramirez, Spitfire, and Wildcat as alts.

keleyeemoh

Smash Apprentice
Franchise submission: Animal Crossing

I keep trying to get another Animal Crossing character on the roster, and it hasn't been working, but in a way I'm glad, because this is my favorite way to include one so far! The world of Animal Crossing is so vibrant as has so many fun characters, locations, and items that I think it would lend extremely well to having a festival themed around it. Animal Crossing had been a moderately big series for a while, but it really blew up with New Horizons (which was announced along with Isabelle's Smash reveal trailer!) in 2020, right at the time when people all over the world needed an escape to a stress-free island with a bunch of fun and ute animals to interact with. But Infinite never really acknowledged the phenomenon Animal Crossing has become, and I think it's time that changed. Not submitting a character here because I could see multiple ways we could go, whether it be Tom Nook, KK Slider, an Ice Climbers-like Timmy and Tommy, an Animal Villager character where each costume is a different animal... the possibilities really are endless.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Yeah, I might have to scrap that idea. Maybe for a future job that didn't require THAT much content, but we might end up stretching things if we did it now. Not entirely sure what else to suggest now, though: I had Danganronpa as an emergency backup, but then I saw it already had an Assist Trophy, so I wasn't sure.
Danganrompa should be okay. I think. We only have one assist (which we added in base and could be upgraded) and there's a lot more content left

Assassins Creed
From a fandom perspective Rayman should get in first. But Assassins Creed is a huge Ubisoft series that has had many games on Nintendo platforms. Considering we have Mortal Komabt and Doom, and there was already a Mii Costume in Ultimate, I don't think the tone wil be an issue. Assassins Creed has so many historical locations we could choose as stages, and many characters that could be included. Honestly if allowed I think Assassins Creed is the perfect franchise to get two characters, a fighter and an echo, considering how many characters there are who take from each other. If possible Far Cry and Watch dogs content could be included as music and mii costumes considering they are heavily implied to share a universe with Assassins Creed, but even if not we have a lot of content to use.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord

Franchise Submission:

Half-Life/Valve

View attachment 385113

Because of the Portal games being on the Nintendo Switch (Portal 1 and 2 to be exact), why not give this iconic western video game brand its chance to shine in Super Smash Bros Infinite: Beyond? I know we have Master Chief added in the base roster but Valve's IPs have some variety here. We have of course...Gordon Freeman from Half-Life but also Chell from Portal, various champions from DOTA, Team Fortress 2, etc. I see this as a SNK-style basis where all their IPs can be represented in some form as I feel one IP does not have enough content. An overall fun choice here.
I feel like half life and portal could could allowed to be merged since they're in the same universe but not the others. idk the rules on whole companies though

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Dangan Ronpa is fine. All prior content in Infinite, while present here, is submittable.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Submissions will stay open a while longer.
I'm at work, so I doubt I'll be able to do a full fancy write-up, so this is going to be a bit more basic on my end. Just letting you know so you can change my submission:

Franchise Festivel: Danganronpa

Danganronpa is a series of visual novels by Spike Chunsoft that were ported to Nintendo Switch not too long ago. Each game follows a group of high school students as they are trapped and forced to engage in a killing game orchestrated by the series mascot Monokuma. The player's goal is to investigate the crime scene, collect evidence, and expose the killer amongst you. Danganronpa already has content in Infinite via Monokuma appearing as an Assist Trophy, however there is plenty of content from the series that can easily fill up an entire Festivel dedicated to it.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of the Spring Mii Costume voting:

Name2 Points1 PointTotal
Basketball Mii Athlete3 ()628
Tidus Mii Athlete2 (4)15
Lark Mii Athlete1 (2)24
Golfer Mii Athlete1 (2)24

Name5 Points4 Points3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Taiko Drum Swordfighter02 (8)02 (4)113
Wonder Momo Brawler2 (10)1 (4)2(6)0020
Mappy Swordfighter3 (15)1 (4)2 (6)1 (2)027
Rick Swordfighter1 (5)01 (3)019
Braveman Brawler1 (5)1 (4)1 (3)2 (4)117
Alisa Swordfighter1 (5)1 (4)02 (4)215
Pooka Goggles1 (5)1 (4)1 (3)0214

NameTotal
Baby Metal2
AKB480
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu5

Here are our following Mii Costumes which rounds off the Spring Festival!

• Basketball Player Mii Athlete
  • Mappy Mii Swordfighter
  • Kyari Pamyu Pamyu Mii Fighter

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario and DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 I have decided not to accept Slapcity or Cookie Run. If you wish to resubmit, you may as submissions will remain open within the next few hours.

Here are the rest:

Franchise-Focused Festival Submission: Fate Series
View attachment 385086
The Fate Series, debuting in 2004 as a Visual Novel, is a media giant, up there with the likes of Dragon Quest and Touhou. We have a few games for the Switch attributed to the Fate Series, such as Fate/EXTELLA, Today's Menu with the Emiya Family, Fate/Samurai Remnant and it was recently announced that Fate/stay night, the original game that started this subsection of the Nasuverse, is coming to Nintendo Switch as a remaster. Unlike a few others in this list, there are plenty of characters that could hypothetically be used:
  • Saber: I've suggested her several times before, but she's arguably the face of the franchise and could be fun as a fighter.
  • Mash Kyrielight: A main character of the mobile megatitan Fate/Grand Order, Mash could give us a unique playstyle and a shield to bash people with, something I believe only Hero has on one move.
  • Astolfo: If we really wanted to get memeworthy we could go with him. Yes, him. Granted, he technically debuted in a light novel, effectively being a reverse Android 21 situation, but it doesn't make him any less viable I'd argue.
  • Charlemagne/Tamamo: Major protagonists of the Extra side of the Fate universe, Tamamo & Charlemagne could be considered just as viable. Granted Tamamo may need a few design tweaks, but otherwise she's majorly just fine.
  • Miyamoto Iori: Granted he's more recent, but his stance system could set him apart from the other dual-wielder, Lloyd.
In fact, because of the nature of the Fate Series, we could have many bits of content to use from how big the franchise is: oodles of Assist Trophy candidates (maybe even an entirely new summon item if you want), a large variety of environments to choose such as Fuyuki City, the Moon Cell and Chaldea, there could even be the chance to have a Global Event themed after the recurring event of the series, the Holy Grail War.
Undertale

Undertale is one of the most popular indie games out there and has a large and varied cast, and each one is very popular. Hell we could even get into Deltarune. Undertale has so much stuff to take from and unique ways of handling it's content that it would be a great choice

Some characters could be
The Human/Frisk
Sans
Papyrus
Undyne
Toriel
Asgore
The Fun Gang
Asriel

and there are even more
Franchise Submit: Persona
The Persona Series: Where to Start? - RPGamer

Ok so originally. I was thinking of submitting Rayman as an franchise (I would gladly let someone else do it if they wish) but I decided to drive into some of my most recent and personal favorite franchise. Which is Persona. Yes, Persona is already in Smash Bros with Joker from Persona 5 being in Ultimate. But that was for just mostly Persona 5 in general. I believe this festival can fully utilize what the franchise as a whole has to offer.

With the recent release of Persona 3 Reload (and P3 Portable being on the switch), Makoto Yuki and Aigis can be contenders to be Smash Fighters. Or Yu Narukami from Persona 4. As both Yu and Makoto are Mii Costumes back in Ultimate. We could potentially have more reps from P5 such as Goro Akechi or Kasumi. There are plenty of popular and fan favorite characters from the franchise we can pull from

And with Persona being an spin-off of Shin Megami Tensei. If this prompt allows it, SMT can also be included along with the possible fighter with in the form of the Demi-Fiend, finally uniting SMT and Persona together in Smash in general. Least having elements from SMT in collectables and such. There is alot of content we can pull from as a love letter to its fans. This franchise is one of Sega/Altus's most popular franchise for a good reason
I was heavily considering doing a Zelda Franchise submission as 1) we could use another newcomer and 2) It would be cool to see the Smash Hub have Zelda content included but then I thought perhaps we don't really need an additional stage despite the fact I would love to see a A Link to the Past or even a new stage from like Twilight Princess or Majora's Mask.

But I decided to go somewhere different....

The Fallout series is a long-running sandbox, open-world shooter that, while doesn't have a strong presence on the Switch, is made available via Fallout Shelter. That being said, Vault Boy was a Mii Costume in Ultimate and Infinite along with the Deathclaw which was DLC for Infinite. While the Vault Boy is the ideal inclusion, we could also go with the Lone Wanderer or even the Deathclaw as representable fighters. The thing that allures me to include Fall Out that the aesthetic. Picture this....

Smash's entire menu HUD done in Fallout Green...
View attachment 385096

One thing that REALLY draws me into this series is the apocalyptic vibe which is something I enjoy regardless of the medium wether it be disasters, zomies, cyborgs.... I just really enjoy this kind of enviroment. This is brought to the Smash Hub with many of the buildings being reduced to rubble with a light colorless filter applies to the area. While the destruction isn't a PG13 kind of vibe, there is still destruction. Old timey unlicensed instruemental music can be heard as you pass stores. In addition to the changes in the Smash Hub, obviously Fallout-related content would be included such as a stage, Spirits, music, and more.
View attachment 385106
Paper Mario Festival + Paper Mario for Smash
I feel like having a festival representing this franchise would be a logical next step based on what we have and what is going on at the time. We haven't had an RPG character in a while represented as a fighter in Smash, and Paper Mario is one of the most iconic Nintendo focused RPGs of all time. It is also a good time for the franchise, having a new game under its belt in Origami King and a remake of the acclaimed Thousand Year door coming soon, so some cross-representation would work well in Smash (If Fire Emblem and Xenoblade can have reps from their latest games, why not Mario too?) Obviously this would bring Paper Mario himself as a fighter which is a very good choice in my opinion, we need someone to represent the RPG spin-off side of Mario, and Paper Mario would fit that niche. He would be a nice odd-ball fighter being another 2 dimensional character like Mr. Game and Watch and offer a lot of moveset potential with his varied game appearances. Paper Mario would also give some cool assist trophies, whether its an iconic partner like Vivian or Lady Bow or a villain like Count Bleck, and the varied twists on common enemies can give unique twists to Smash Dungeons. In conclusion Paper Mario feels like the most logical step in Smash Bros Infinite so that is why I chose them.

The Rayman series!

View attachment 385105

Originally supposed to be starting on the SNES with a prototype, Rayman has been a highly notable platformer series for not only in general but especially in the third party series with relations to Nintendo. With Rayman's recent appearance in Sparks of Hope, the exclusive Mario & Luigi costumes in Legends, Raving Rabbids being made for the Wii at launch as well as his appearance as cameos in Smash since Smash 4.
Besides the legacy with Nintendo, the Rayman games have tons of imaginative worlds, amazing soundtracks and an overall charm that is highly reminiscent of Franco-belgian comics. It has many potential for additionnal content: from a Land of the Livid Dead stage, Hoodlums or Robo-Pirates as enemies for Smash Run and probably even Globox (or the Rabbids) as an assist trophy!
View attachment 385107View attachment 385108
View attachment 385109View attachment 385110
Ubisoft has yet to have a fighter in Infinite, and I think Rayman is a very solid choice, especially with his fan demand.

View attachment 385112

Fortnite is one of the largest gaming franchises in the world that has received millions of downloads. I struggled to find a franchise that could have enough content to fill an entire festival, but Fortnite more than takes the cake in that regard. Obviously we will constrain this to video game content only, non of the crossover 4th party stuff. Jonesy as the face of the franchise will be the playable rep, he will come as a Hero type character with Ramirez, Spitfire, and Wildcat as alts.

I keep trying to get another Animal Crossing character on the roster, and it hasn't been working, but in a way I'm glad, because this is my favorite way to include one so far! The world of Animal Crossing is so vibrant as has so many fun characters, locations, and items that I think it would lend extremely well to having a festival themed around it. Animal Crossing had been a moderately big series for a while, but it really blew up with New Horizons (which was announced along with Isabelle's Smash reveal trailer!) in 2020, right at the time when people all over the world needed an escape to a stress-free island with a bunch of fun and ute animals to interact with. But Infinite never really acknowledged the phenomenon Animal Crossing has become, and I think it's time that changed. Not submitting a character here because I could see multiple ways we could go, whether it be Tom Nook, KK Slider, an Ice Climbers-like Timmy and Tommy, an Animal Villager character where each costume is a different animal... the possibilities really are endless.
Danganrompa should be okay. I think. We only have one assist (which we added in base and could be upgraded) and there's a lot more content left

Assassins Creed
From a fandom perspective Rayman should get in first. But Assassins Creed is a huge Ubisoft series that has had many games on Nintendo platforms. Considering we have Mortal Komabt and Doom, and there was already a Mii Costume in Ultimate, I don't think the tone wil be an issue. Assassins Creed has so many historical locations we could choose as stages, and many characters that could be included. Honestly if allowed I think Assassins Creed is the perfect franchise to get two characters, a fighter and an echo, considering how many characters there are who take from each other. If possible Far Cry and Watch dogs content could be included as music and mii costumes considering they are heavily implied to share a universe with Assassins Creed, but even if not we have a lot of content to use.
I'm at work, so I doubt I'll be able to do a full fancy write-up, so this is going to be a bit more basic on my end. Just letting you know so you can change my submission:

Danganronpa is a series of visual novels by Spike Chunsoft that were ported to Nintendo Switch not too long ago. Each game follows a group of high school students as they are trapped and forced to engage in a killing game orchestrated by the series mascot Monokuma. The player's goal is to investigate the crime scene, collect evidence, and expose the killer amongst you. Danganronpa already has content in Infinite via Monokuma appearing as an Assist Trophy, however there is plenty of content from the series that can easily fill up an entire Festivel dedicated to it.

Franchise Submission:

Half-Life/Valve

View attachment 385113

In listed form:

• Fate (Main Character Saber but will be up to submissions)
  • Undertale (Main Character is Frisk or Sans but up to submissions)
  • Persona (Up to submissions)
  • Fallout (Main character is Vault Boy but open to submissions)
  • Super Mario Bros. (Main Character is Paper Mario with Paper Mario submissions)
  • Rayman (Main character is Rayman)
  • Fortnite (Main character up to submissions but Recruit is the popular one)
  • Half Life (Sorry but Valve will not be it's own "universe" as Portal is also part of that equation. Morgan Freeman is the main character.)
  • Animal Crossing (up to submissions)
  • Assassins Creed (Up to submissions)
  • Danganronpa (Monokuma is the main character)
We will be open for a little while longer as we wait for Wario3 and DRK

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario and DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 I have decided not to accept Slapcity or Cookie Run. If you wish to resubmit, you may as submissions will remain open within the next few hours.

Here are the rest:

In listed form:

• Persona 3 (Main character is Mokoto but possibly Aegis)
  • Super Mario Bros. (Main Character is Paper Mario with Paper Mario submissions)
  • Half Life (Sorry but Valve will not be it's own "universe" as Portal is also part of that equation. Morgan Freeman is the main character.)
We will be open for a little while longer as we wait for Wario3 and DRK
I think the persona submission was meant to be persona in general (also unrelated but if we do danganrompa I think a case can be made for one of the humans)

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
I'll change my submit

Franchise-Focused Festival Submission: Grand Theft Auto

images (7).jpeg

Grand Theft Auto is an Action-Adventure game series created by David Jones and Mike Dailly and it belongs the Rockstar Games, the series tells various stories about people involved on crimes

Grand Theft Auto is the most iconic video game series of the history, the most recent game GTA 5 is one of the most selled game ever

The characters who i can choice could be CJ or the trio Franklin, Michael and Trevor

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Does Half Life have any games on Nintendo consoles? If Genshin can't be accepted...

If it was a Valve universe it might be different cause Portal has Nintendo games but I don't recall Half Life itself having a presence.
I typed it up in google and it said it was so I accepted it. Didn't look too much into it beyond that.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Which game exactly? I can't seem to find any.
I saw this headline so assumed it was

aprrently reading it is not

AlteredBeast AlteredBeast sorry, that is my fault but your submission is not allowed due to Half-Life being not on a Nintendo console. I know you listed Valve but Valve is a company and the description of the festival was for a Festival for a Franchise. Could you please change it out?

I am eager to get us going into the voting phase because my time to spend on this is going to be very low and, thankfully, I do not have any work today. I am more or less unable to sit and watch them to ensure they follow the appropriate submission criteria. A lot of things tend to fall through due to my inability to watch content; especially newcomer submissions. This is why I TRY to schedule them when I know I have downtime so a submission process that is smooth and goes well is always appreciated.

I REAAAALLLY wanted to get us all submitted and voted by 5 pm EST today but it doesn't look like it will happen. I know I am rushing things but there is a very good chance I may no longer be doing this come April or May so I am trying to hurry this through to the best of my ability. This is why following prompts is important as I am on a time crunch for this project.

I am hoping off but..... I hope to get a new submission soon. I guess if we need to push it back, I can do that but I don't know when I can get the results out. Knowing me, I will get it done.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Oh yeah should have picked up on that when I was talking about it earlier. Portal is in switch but we already have a stage

sal ig

Smash Apprentice
Franchise focused submission - hollow knight
VH_01_1080pjpg.jpg

Hollow knight has been one of the most popular indie games ever since its release while also getting praise both from fans and critics for its incredibly fluid controls that mix platforming with metroidvania gameplay
The character that will represent this franchise is the knight since its the only one that can actually provide a full moveset while being heavily asked for from fans

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Not calling out anyone submissions but I feel we're best with series that will allow people to submit multiple options rather than write a that into have one row viabile options

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be closing up shop in a little bit

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Franchise-Focused Festival Submission: Fate Series
View attachment 385086
The Fate Series, debuting in 2004 as a Visual Novel, is a media giant, up there with the likes of Dragon Quest and Touhou. We have a few games for the Switch attributed to the Fate Series, such as Fate/EXTELLA, Today's Menu with the Emiya Family, Fate/Samurai Remnant and it was recently announced that Fate/stay night, the original game that started this subsection of the Nasuverse, is coming to Nintendo Switch as a remaster. Unlike a few others in this list, there are plenty of characters that could hypothetically be used:
  • Saber: I've suggested her several times before, but she's arguably the face of the franchise and could be fun as a fighter.
  • Mash Kyrielight: A main character of the mobile megatitan Fate/Grand Order, Mash could give us a unique playstyle and a shield to bash people with, something I believe only Hero has on one move.
  • Astolfo: If we really wanted to get memeworthy we could go with him. Yes, him. Granted, he technically debuted in a light novel, effectively being a reverse Android 21 situation, but it doesn't make him any less viable I'd argue.
  • Charlemagne/Tamamo: Major protagonists of the Extra side of the Fate universe, Tamamo & Charlemagne could be considered just as viable. Granted Tamamo may need a few design tweaks, but otherwise she's majorly just fine.
  • Miyamoto Iori: Granted he's more recent, but his stance system could set him apart from the other dual-wielder, Lloyd.
In fact, because of the nature of the Fate Series, we could have many bits of content to use from how big the franchise is: oodles of Assist Trophy candidates (maybe even an entirely new summon item if you want), a large variety of environments to choose such as Fuyuki City, the Moon Cell and Chaldea, there could even be the chance to have a Global Event themed after the recurring event of the series, the Holy Grail War.
Undertale

Undertale is one of the most popular indie games out there and has a large and varied cast, and each one is very popular. Hell we could even get into Deltarune. Undertale has so much stuff to take from and unique ways of handling it's content that it would be a great choice

Some characters could be
The Human/Frisk
Sans
Papyrus
Undyne
Toriel
Asgore
The Fun Gang
Asriel

and there are even more
Franchise Submit: Persona
The Persona Series: Where to Start? - RPGamer

Ok so originally. I was thinking of submitting Rayman as an franchise (I would gladly let someone else do it if they wish) but I decided to drive into some of my most recent and personal favorite franchise. Which is Persona. Yes, Persona is already in Smash Bros with Joker from Persona 5 being in Ultimate. But that was for just mostly Persona 5 in general. I believe this festival can fully utilize what the franchise as a whole has to offer.

With the recent release of Persona 3 Reload (and P3 Portable being on the switch), Makoto Yuki and Aigis can be contenders to be Smash Fighters. Or Yu Narukami from Persona 4. As both Yu and Makoto are Mii Costumes back in Ultimate. We could potentially have more reps from P5 such as Goro Akechi or Kasumi. There are plenty of popular and fan favorite characters from the franchise we can pull from

And with Persona being an spin-off of Shin Megami Tensei. If this prompt allows it, SMT can also be included along with the possible fighter with in the form of the Demi-Fiend, finally uniting SMT and Persona together in Smash in general. Least having elements from SMT in collectables and such. There is alot of content we can pull from as a love letter to its fans. This franchise is one of Sega/Altus's most popular franchise for a good reason
I was heavily considering doing a Zelda Franchise submission as 1) we could use another newcomer and 2) It would be cool to see the Smash Hub have Zelda content included but then I thought perhaps we don't really need an additional stage despite the fact I would love to see a A Link to the Past or even a new stage from like Twilight Princess or Majora's Mask.

But I decided to go somewhere different....

The Fallout series is a long-running sandbox, open-world shooter that, while doesn't have a strong presence on the Switch, is made available via Fallout Shelter. That being said, Vault Boy was a Mii Costume in Ultimate and Infinite along with the Deathclaw which was DLC for Infinite. While the Vault Boy is the ideal inclusion, we could also go with the Lone Wanderer or even the Deathclaw as representable fighters. The thing that allures me to include Fall Out that the aesthetic. Picture this....

Smash's entire menu HUD done in Fallout Green...
View attachment 385096

One thing that REALLY draws me into this series is the apocalyptic vibe which is something I enjoy regardless of the medium wether it be disasters, zomies, cyborgs.... I just really enjoy this kind of enviroment. This is brought to the Smash Hub with many of the buildings being reduced to rubble with a light colorless filter applies to the area. While the destruction isn't a PG13 kind of vibe, there is still destruction. Old timey unlicensed instruemental music can be heard as you pass stores. In addition to the changes in the Smash Hub, obviously Fallout-related content would be included such as a stage, Spirits, music, and more.
View attachment 385106
Paper Mario Festival + Paper Mario for Smash
I feel like having a festival representing this franchise would be a logical next step based on what we have and what is going on at the time. We haven't had an RPG character in a while represented as a fighter in Smash, and Paper Mario is one of the most iconic Nintendo focused RPGs of all time. It is also a good time for the franchise, having a new game under its belt in Origami King and a remake of the acclaimed Thousand Year door coming soon, so some cross-representation would work well in Smash (If Fire Emblem and Xenoblade can have reps from their latest games, why not Mario too?) Obviously this would bring Paper Mario himself as a fighter which is a very good choice in my opinion, we need someone to represent the RPG spin-off side of Mario, and Paper Mario would fit that niche. He would be a nice odd-ball fighter being another 2 dimensional character like Mr. Game and Watch and offer a lot of moveset potential with his varied game appearances. Paper Mario would also give some cool assist trophies, whether its an iconic partner like Vivian or Lady Bow or a villain like Count Bleck, and the varied twists on common enemies can give unique twists to Smash Dungeons. In conclusion Paper Mario feels like the most logical step in Smash Bros Infinite so that is why I chose them.

The Rayman series!

View attachment 385105

View attachment 385107View attachment 385108
View attachment 385109View attachment 385110

View attachment 385112

Assassins Creed

My replacement sub will be
Sonic the Hedgehog - up to submissions
I'll change my submit

Franchise-Focused Festival Submission: Grand Theft Auto

View attachment 385122

Grand Theft Auto is an Action-Adventure game series created by David Jones and Mike Dailly and it belongs the Rockstar Games, the series tells various stories about people involved on crimes

Grand Theft Auto is the most iconic video game series of the history, the most recent game GTA 5 is one of the most selled game ever

The characters who i can choice could be CJ or the trio Franklin, Michael and Trevor
Franchise focused submission - hollow knight
View attachment 385131
Hollow knight has been one of the most popular indie games ever since its release while also getting praise both from fans and critics for its incredibly fluid controls that mix platforming with metroidvania gameplay
The character that will represent this franchise is the knight since its the only one that can actually provide a full moveset while being heavily asked for from fans
In listed form:

• Persona (Up to submissions)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (up to submissions)
  • Grand Theft Auto (up to submissions)
  • Hollow Knight (Hollow Knight character)

PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oh well...I missed submissions this time. But quick question for Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Will there be jobs soon for festivals based around video game companies? I will definitely try and participate in one of those if it were to happen.
We will be looking into that. For now, the next submissions for a character will be based on a Theme we submit and will be first party if a thir d party is voted in for this one. I do apologize for the late notification.

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Undertale, Rayman, Danganronpa (least personally for me since i'm a fan of it), and Fortnite are top contenders for me. They fit well for this kind of festival.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Sorry Ninja Gaiden looks like i missed my opportunity to nominate you. Here are my thoughts.

Fortnite & Undertale seem like the best choices, both very surprising to not see in already with how popular they are & would be exciting to see for many people as our 1st franchise focused festival.

Mario, Sonic, & Animal Crossing (alongside Zelda, Pokemon, & Splatoon) are probably the only series already in id see as really good fits (sorry Persona, unless we are dealing with SMT as whole which doesnt seem to be the case). Mario & Sonic have seen newcomers in base (plus i dont care for Paper Mario). Not itching for an Animal Crossing newcomer but it has been a while (last was still Isabelle).

I like the idea of Fate & Danganronpa but feel like we should have a series a little more widespread than them for our 1st franchise festival. Hollow Knight could also be in this category.

GTA & Fallout are big but not sure they are the best fits for Smash itself. Think the way they are repped in Inifinte is good for right now.

Similar to Koei Tecmo, an Ubisoft rep feels surprising to not already have & would be a good fit for the festival. Leaning towards Rayman due to personal bias & him seeming like a better fit overall for Smash but think you can make a good argument for Assassins Creed being the bigger series that Ubisoft would be itching to promote more. Although, series can get weird as not sure what we want to do about the historical side of the series which is a key element.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of voting!

NameTotal
Fate15
Undertale43
Persona13
Fallout7
Super Mario18
Rayman42
Fornite23
Animal Crossing21
Assassin's Creed6
Danganronpa15
Sonic28
GTA9
Hollow Knight10

Here are the results of voting!

We will be holding a Run Off Poll for Undertale and Rayman due to Undertale getting 43 points and Rayman getting 42 points. It was very close. We will hold a Google Form as this is more ambiguous while the Thread poll shows the results after voting.

Name5 Points4 Points3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Fate2 (10)01 (3)1 (2)015
Undertale4 (20)1 (4)3 (9)4 (8)243
Persona1 (5)01 (3)1 (2)313
Fallout0002 (4)37
Super Mario1 (5)1 (4)3 (9)0018
Rayman5 (25)2 (8)1 (3)2 (4)242
Fornite02 (8)3 (9)2 (4)223
Animal Crossing1 (5)1 (4)3 (9)0321
Assassin's Creed01 (4)01 (2)06
Danganronpa1 (5)1 (4)1 (3)1 (2)115
Sonic1 (5)4 (16)1 (3)2 (4)028
GTA1 (5)1 (4)0009
Hollow Knight02 (8)01 (2)010

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Geez, this is hard again. Both are equally to gaming history imo.

One has been going on for longer but didn't have much games until recent appearances while the other one is recent but is still mainstream to the public and still has an active audience. Helping with the fact they have a game coming in different parts.

I don't know. It comes personally which I like the most.

Last edited:
Top Bottom