• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which option should we go with? I can't operate both the wikia and front page anymore.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Underground Stage: Catatombs of Carthus (Dark Souls)

Catatombs of Carthus is a place from Dark Souls 3

Catatombs of Carthus as a stage is a hard platform who is made by old dungeon floors with two bridges on both sides,the bridges can be broke,and have two wooden platforms who are setted up on hard platform,the background is like an old dungeon and appears skeletons,rats and crabs as cameos on stage

Gem Mii Costume; Tiger's Eye

the Mii gets an armor made by Tiger's Eye,ho remains a tiger,and Mii gets an helmet of tiger
Needs to be from an IP that’s repped by a character.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Stage Submission

Bombs Away (Donkey Kong)

Takes place on a stage with the mine rails as the platforms. Occasionally carts will ride by and drop bombs that destroy parts of the track.

1717386226427.png

Gem Submission

Diamond

1717386526938.png

Mii gets a diamond covering, a colorless shine over their armor.

Pokemon Submission

Crustle

1717386482193.png

Uses Rock Blast as its attack. Will blast rocks at opponents causing moderate damage.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Outaway Cave (New Pokemon Snap)

I never got into Pokemon but really like Pokemon Snap which became a cult classic & even saw a rerevival. Feel like it could make for a fun stage (especially in more creative hands than my own) & the cave levels stood out in the games plus fit our theme.

Stage will have a platfrom travel above the Neo-One as it goes in a looping straight line. The gimmick here will be the pokemon who have thier picture taken. A frame similar to the Yuri assist will appear & take a photo which will have various effects to any caught in it depending on the background Pokemon. The Pokemon will be randomly placed but remain consistent through the match when you loop back through.

Gengar - Poison Damage
Clefairy - Sleep
Glaile - Freeze
Drifloon - Low Gravity
Diancie - Heavy Gravity
Jolteon - Stinging Electic
Mawile - Equip Back-Shield

Omega/Battlefield layout would stay stationary at a particular scenic part of the background with a couple random Pokemon from the above still also appearing.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of voting!

Underground stage: Marble Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Has the layout of Planet Clancer from Smash Remix. Comp stage. A Catterkiller can sometimes be seen in one of the background windows, but otherwise there are no cameos.
Stage:
View attachment 390554
Jewel Man's Stage

A jewel mine from Mega Man 9, This is a stage that has the same layout as two of the above image mirroring each other. Occasionally, from the sides of the stage, a minecart robot will roll across the stage throwing rocks from side to side. In the background, Jewel Man, the Robot Master of this stage, will make an appearance fighting either Mega Man or Proto Man depending on whether or not the former is selected for battle.

Pokemon:
View attachment 390553
Garganacl (Pokemon Scarlet & Violet, Gen 9)

Garganacl will slowly walk around the stage with its arms raised. Once someone is in range, Garganacl will grab a foe and cover them in a layer of salt crystals with its signature move Salt Cure. While a fighter is being Salt Cured, they will take 2% damage periodically and the decay rate of their shields will be increased by 1.5x. If the afflicted fighter is under the effects of the Metal Box or is submerged in the water of certain stages, it will deal 4% damage periodically and increase shield decay to 2x the speed.

Mii Costume:
View attachment 390551
Obsidian

The Mii will gain a blackened-sheen crystal layer over themselves. The armor and weapons all have Aztec designs.
Underground Stage: Kannon's Klaim (Donkey Kong Country)

View attachment 390601

Kannon's Klein is a place for the underground level on Donkey Kong Country 2,the stage is based on this image that you're seeing

Gem Mii Costume; Tiger's Eye

the Mii gets an armor made by Tiger's Eye,ho remains a tiger,and Mii gets an helmet of tiger
My Pokémon submission: Tyrantrum

Debuting in Gen 6, this Tyrannosaur is a Rock/Dragon type and would make a fun Pokéball Pokémon.
Its main attack is Rock Smash, a dangerous move that deals 50% damage to any opponents. This move injures the user in the main game, but should not be a problem for Tyrantrum here.
Stage Submission

Bombs Away (Donkey Kong)

Takes place on a stage with the mine rails as the platforms. Occasionally carts will ride by and drop bombs that destroy parts of the track.

View attachment 390569

Gem Submission

Diamond

View attachment 390573

Mii gets a diamond covering, a colorless shine over their armor.

Pokemon Submission

Crustle

View attachment 390571

Uses Rock Blast as its attack. Will blast rocks at opponents causing moderate damage.
Outaway Cave (New Pokemon Snap)

I never got into Pokemon but really like Pokemon Snap which became a cult classic & even saw a rerevival. Feel like it could make for a fun stage (especially in more creative hands than my own) & the cave levels stood out in the games plus fit our theme.

Stage will have a platfrom travel above the Neo-One as it goes in a looping straight line. The gimmick here will be the pokemon who have thier picture taken. A frame similar to the Yuri assist will appear & take a photo which will have various effects to any caught in it depending on the background Pokemon. The Pokemon will be randomly placed but remain consistent through the match when you loop back through.

Gengar - Poison Damage
Clefairy - Sleep
Glaile - Freeze
Drifloon - Low Gravity
Diancie - Heavy Gravity
Jolteon - Stinging Electic
Mawile - Equip Back-Shield

Omega/Battlefield layout would stay stationary at a particular scenic part of the background with a couple random Pokemon from the above still also appearing.
View attachment 390612
Dodongos Cavern
Fight on the top are a and jump down to down below. Here is a bridge you can break. he boss himself appears in the background.
We seem to be good with stages so I will submit a Pokemon

1717463383757.png

Diance is a Rock/Fairy-type Pokemon from Gen VI. It uses Diamond Storm where it whips up a whole bunch of gems and fires it in a circular pattern around itself much like a whirlpool. It is possible to avoid this attack by following the pathway of the attack. The longer the attack lasts, the more widespread it is. There is a chance Diance may even Mega Evolve near the end which causes even more damage.

Stage
  • Marble Zone
  • Jewel Man's Stage
  • Kannon's Klaim
  • Outaway Cave
  • Bombs Away
  • Dodongos Cavern

Pokemon
  • Gargancl
  • Crustle
  • Tyranrum
  • Diance

Mii Costume
  • Tiger's Eye
  • Obsidian
  • Diamond

Along with the above Mii Costumes. Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, and Amethyst will also be used.

PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE!!!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Next we will be submitting the following content....

Submit an Underground/Jewel-type Speeder
This can be entirely original OR you can draw from video games but the speeder must have an underground or jewel-type theming.

Submit an Underground/Jewel-type Airship
Same as the speeder.

Submit a Pose for the Festival
Submit a Pose relating mining/gems/or jewels

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Speeder:
1717473270133.png

Drill Dozer

Airship:
1717473405371.png

Drilldozer (Deep Rock Galactic)
As opposed to other "Airships" in Smash, the Drilldozer will instead rise from the ground to drop off the Mii.

Pose:
1717473203119.png

Mining for Treasure

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Minecart Speeder

A common element in Mine levels, render is from dkc returns but some creative liberties may be made like switching to two wheels or hovering to fit better with other speeders.

Black Jewel Airship

Based on Wario Worlds main antagonist.

Crystal Showoff Pose

Will match the animation Crash has when returning to a warp room after collecting a crystal. Crystal will be pulled from pocket & displayed above head while thumbs up is given.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for your submissions!

Here is our content!

Speeder
  • Drill Dozer
  • Minecraft Speeder

Airship
  • Black Jewel Airship
  • GolisoPower GolisoPower that doesn't work because, due to the actions of the Titans, the island has been fragmented and became floating islands.

Pose
  • I got a Crystal!
  • Mining for Treasure

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of voting!
Name4321Total
Marble Zone2 (8)01 (2)212
Jewel Man's Stage001 (2)13
Kannon's Klaim1 (4)1 (3)1 (2)09
Outaway Cave2 (8)2 (6)2 (4)018
Bombs Away01 (3)1 (2)16
Dodongos Cavern1 (4)02 (4)210

Name21total
Garnacl1 (2)02
Crustle011
Tyrantrum2 (4)26
Diance3 (6)39

Seems we have a Pokemon theme here with Outaway Cave and Diance being our content we are adding!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hi everyone! Sorry for the wait but we will be running a two prong approach as we are ending our Festival of Gems and starting our second Festival which will last in June. We have 2 more festivals after this which is the Summer Festival and Festival of Fright. Both these has characters attached to the festivals but also a fight against a Titan.

That being said, we will be including

Submit a Stage Variation

We will be creating a stage variation that takes the concept of gems and jewels. The idea is that the stage is now encrusted with jewels, gems, and other precious stones thus making the stage glitter and pop. When submitting, please provide how the stage looks with the gems and jewels. Please also keep in mind that

Our next Festival is going to be a Franchise-specific one! We are first going to submit a franchise to base our Festival on. That being said, this festival will be focused entirely on first party instead of third party....

Submit a Third Party Franchise to Base our Festival On
We will be basing a third-party game to submit a newcomer for and base on a festival on. When submitting the franchise, please provide the name and a picture as well as why this franchise needs to be included in Smash. In addition, due to try to exploring other possibilities and expanding our pre-existing IPS, we are ONLY drawing from franchises that is repped by a playable character. Therefore, the following franchises are eligible:

Metal Gear Solid
Sonic the Hedgehog
Mega Man
Pac-Man
Street Fighter
Final Fantasy
Bayonetta
Castlevania
Persona/Shin Megami Tensei
Dragon Quest
FatalFury/King Fighters
Minecraft
Tekken
Kingdom Hearts
Crash Bandicoot
Resident Evil
Plants vs Zombies
Hades
Ace Attorney
Sakura Wars
Digimon
Guilty Gear
Tomb Raider
Tales
Ratchet & Clank
Angry Birds
League of Legends
Soul Calibur
Doom
NeiR

Please be aware that while we are submitting a franchise, this franchise WILL be representing an entire festival. In addition, that festival will included a newcomer which we will be submitting. As you submit an IP, please be aware that when we decided which franchise to go with, we will then be submitting a newcomer for that so it needs to be from a franchise that has enough characters to warrant an inclusion! This list does not include Infinite Beyond third party.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Stage Variant:
1717610091171.png

Rainbow Dragon Cave (Hakurei Shrine)
Replacing Hakurei Shrine is the source of Reimu's Yin-Yang Orbs. While the gimmicks remain the same, this variant adds a few new characters to the cameo pool: Sannyo Komakusa, Megumu Iizunamaru, Chimata Tenkyuu and Himemushi Momoyo.

Festival:
1717609661933.png

Hades

During production of the first iteration of Smash Infinite, we received news of a first from Supergiant Games: a sequel. Not just that, but one for the world-renowned roguelike Hades. And now that Hades II is out in Early Access, I think it's high time we get Zagreus's sister, new blood protag Melinoë, into the game as a new character. She would come with a brand new stage and set of Spirits, as well as a set of new songs from this sequel.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Dig Dug Pac-Maze

The platforms are represented by carved tunnels, the ground being in the background and the standable areas potruding out of the background in 3D. The hard platforms are rocks. Pookas replace the ghosts, their "edible" forms being their inflated states. Taizo and Fygar are wandering around in the background, with Taizo carving paths (though this has no gameplay effect). Pac-Dots are gone while Power Pellets are tomatoes. The spawn points for tomatoes are automatically carved at the start of a match for readability

Festival: Crash Bandicoot
Tons of cool potential characters from the rogues gallery.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
3rd Party Festival: Metal Gear Solid + Raiden as Playable Character

images (8).jpeg

The Festival will be Raiden (Cyborg one from MGR) as a playable character and will be based on Metal Gear series

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
91kBNcOpxgS._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Castlevania is a classic and popular franchise that is still has relevance takes to its animated series and such. Plus with many memorable characters and enemies that along with its gameplay that still inspired Metroidvania games to this day. Perhaps we'll finally see Alcuard get a chance into the game.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

While I know we do have Cloud and Sephiroth to represent Final Fantasy, the series is so vast that it seems almost criminal to not consider other iconic characters from this massive series, This also allows more freedom in submitting newcomers as opposed to some of the other franchises that were submitted. While I could see Guilty Gear, Kingdom Hearts, and even Doom possibly getting a second rep - one thing I want to make note that the Final Fantasy series is presented not as Final Fantasy 7 (a meteor would be used as the icon) but for FF in general.

This could lead to an amazing submission period for newcomer with the likes to Squall, Warrior of Light, Tera, Noctis, Lightning, Tidus, and more getting submitted. Or go the Chocobo and Mog wrote for more silliness.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
drakengard-nier.jpg

Neir \ Drakengard
I think this series has grown in a lot in popularity since we added 2B and there are some really fun options for characters and other content from the original Neir and the Drakengard series (if SMT counts so should this).

View attachment 390688

The Festival will be Raiden (Cyborg one from MGR) as a playable character and will be based on Metal Gear series
I don't think you're meant to put the specific character.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Festival Submission

Tales Of Series

IMG_3286.jpeg

I didn’t really know what to submit since the best options have already been submitted but the Tales Of franchise has many cool characters and it can use expanding beyond just Lloyd who is in the game. We can potentially pull a side character as well and even a non-swordsman as well.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for your submissions! We will be voting for a franchise to base off our upcoming newcomer for as well as that Festival!

Stage Variant:
View attachment 390680
Rainbow Dragon Cave (Hakurei Shrine)
Replacing Hakurei Shrine is the source of Reimu's Yin-Yang Orbs. While the gimmicks remain the same, this variant adds a few new characters to the cameo pool: Sannyo Komakusa, Megumu Iizunamaru, Chimata Tenkyuu and Himemushi Momoyo.

Festival:
View attachment 390678
Hades

During production of the first iteration of Smash Infinite, we received news of a first from Supergiant Games: a sequel. Not just that, but one for the world-renowned roguelike Hades. And now that Hades II is out in Early Access, I think it's high time we get Zagreus's sister, new blood protag Melinoë, into the game as a new character. She would come with a brand new stage and set of Spirits, as well as a set of new songs from this sequel.
Dig Dug Pac-Maze

The platforms are represented by carved tunnels, the ground being in the background and the standable areas potruding out of the background in 3D. The hard platforms are rocks. Pookas replace the ghosts, their "edible" forms being their inflated states. Taizo and Fygar are wandering around in the background, with Taizo carving paths (though this has no gameplay effect). Pac-Dots are gone while Power Pellets are tomatoes. The spawn points for tomatoes are automatically carved at the start of a match for readability

Festival: Crash Bandicoot
Tons of cool potential characters from the rogues gallery.
Third Party Festival: Persona/Shin Megami Tensei

I'm surprised we haven't got much mainline SMT representation besides the Persona series. I can definitely see tons of great fighters potential, especially ones like Demi-Fiend or Nahobino.

View attachment 390682
View attachment 390681
Digimon
I think there's actually a lot of fun options for a second character from this series. We could use more non human characters and characters of different body types in our DLC and I feel like there's still a lot of the series we haven't covered yet.

View attachment 390688

Festival Franchise: Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic is one of the biggest names in gaming, with plenty of distinct, popular characters just waiting for their chance in Smash.
View attachment 390696
Castlevania is a classic and popular franchise that is still has relevance takes to its animated series and such. Plus with many memorable characters and enemies that along with its gameplay that still inspired Metroidvania games to this day. Perhaps we'll finally see Alcuard get a chance into the game.

While I know we do have Cloud and Sephiroth to represent Final Fantasy, the series is so vast that it seems almost criminal to not consider other iconic characters from this massive series, This also allows more freedom in submitting newcomers as opposed to some of the other franchises that were submitted. While I could see Guilty Gear, Kingdom Hearts, and even Doom possibly getting a second rep - one thing I want to make note that the Final Fantasy series is presented not as Final Fantasy 7 (a meteor would be used as the icon) but for FF in general.

This could lead to an amazing submission period for newcomer with the likes to Squall, Warrior of Light, Tera, Noctis, Lightning, Tidus, and more getting submitted. Or go the Chocobo and Mog wrote for more silliness.
View attachment 390723
Neir \ Drakengard
I think this series has grown in a lot in popularity since we added 2B and there are some really fun options for characters and other content from the original Neir and the Drakengard series (if SMT counts so should this).

I don't think you're meant to put the specific character.
Festival Submission

Tales Of Series

View attachment 390724

I didn’t really know what to submit since the best options have already been submitted but the Tales Of franchise has many cool characters and it can use expanding beyond just Lloyd who is in the game. We can potentially pull a side character as well and even a non-swordsman as well.
My choice: Minecraft

Being a major high selling game, Minecraft has some potential for a second rep. A Spider Jockey, a Piglin or the Arch-Illager from Minecraft Dungeons would make a fun rep.
  • Hades
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Persona/Shin Megami Tensei
  • Digimon
  • Metal Gear SOlid
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Castlevania
  • Final Fantasy
  • NeiR/Drakengard
  • Tales
  • Minecraft
GO HERE TO VOTE!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of our voting! We have a good number of entries but we didn't get a lot of votes when compared to previous voting sessions..

Name54321Total
Hades001 (3)014
Crash Bandicoot1 (5)1 (4)4 (12)0021
Persona/Shin Megami Tensei3 (15)1 (4)1 (3)1 (2)125
Digimon000011
Metal Gear02 (8)1 (3)1 (2)013
Sonic3 (15)1 (4)1 (3)2 (4)127
Castlevania01 (4)03 (6)313
Final Fantasy3 (15)2 (8)3 (9)2 (4)137
NieR1 (5)00005
Tales0001 (2)23
Minecraft03 (12)01 (2)115

While Sonic had a good lead on Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy pulls ahead with a steady lead with a grand total of 37 votes. With that being said, our next festival will be the.....

Festival of Fantasy Rebirth

Despite the title alluding to Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, this is a general Final Fantasy festival but also references how we already had a fantasy based festival so this is a double feature. Both Final Fantasy as well as general fantasy.

Submit a Final Fantasy Character Newcomer

We will be submitting a Final Fantasy character as our upcoming newcomer. Now, generally, most characters are fine but it must be one of the mainline characters or a reoccurring element/summon. While I understand some may want to submit Fat Chocobo for the Lolz, let's not go that route. If we want to submit a chocobo, let's just keep it at Chocobo though referencing the Fat Chocobo would be permissible. Other reoccuring enemies such as Tonberries and Cactaurs are not permissible though. Other summon characters like Shiva and Ifrit will not be accepted as they could be utilized better in a moveset (already apart of Midgard).

Our focus will be our main cast of characters from the flagship FF series because, let's be honest, those are what sales. We have a huge cast of characters to choose from which should yield some fun and interesting additions.

When submitting, please provide the name, game the character is from, and why this character should be considered.

TL;DR:
  • Please submit a mainline character from a flagship series.
  • Can submit Chcoobo, Moogle, or a combo of the two
  • No Fat chocobo
  • No reoccurring enemies or summons outside of that

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Now we battle like Fighters! And Miis! And Miis who dress up like Fighters!
1717813810015.png

For GILGAMESH, it's Smashing Time!
Known for his eccentric demeanor and vast variety of weapons plundered from across the worlds of Final Fantasy, Gilgamesh is a recurring character who made his debut in Final Fantasy V as the right-hand man of the main antagonist Exdeath before becoming a popular character to appear in other entries of the series, including being a boss in the likes of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2 and a summon in Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and World of Final Fantasy. He even became playable in one of the Dissidia titles, too.

In Smash, Gilgamesh would be a complex character who dominates the midrange not with hefty swings of a singular sword, but a flurry of several diverse hitboxes that each have different effects, ranging from the demonic katana Muramasa to the all-cutting Zantetsuken to the laughable joke weapon Excalipoor (If need be we could possibly even throw in weapons from the other Smash fighters as per his reputation of a weapon collector). His moveset would be packed to the brim with multi-armed swordplay and magic, allowing Gilgamesh to adapt to the situation if need be.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Final Fantasy Character: Chocobo & Moogle

Chocobo_&_Moogle_FFVIIR.png

Chocobo & Moogle are two races of species from Final Fantasy series, Chocobo is a bird used for mounting and Moogle is a flying creature who is intelligent and know the humans, both these creatures are mascots from Final Fantasy series,also Moogle appears on 2 Mario games who are Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Mario Sports Mix,for have a possible connection on Nintendo.

Chocobo & Moogle are two fighters fighting together, like Banjo & Kazooie or Duck Hunt for base for moveset.

I wanted to submit Black Mage,but i decide to anyone submit Black Mage and i choose Chocobo & Moogle as fighters

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have a submissions but I am curious on what others will submit so I am holding off on that. I would like to finish submissions by today'ish

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
xd5n3sbzqbp81.png

Terra Branford (Final Fantasy 6)

While Cloud and Sephiroth are indeed well-known characters from the Final Fantasy series. I think it also makes to have Terra from FF6 to finally represent the classic side of the franchise. She and het game FF6 are beloved enough that Sakurai even considered choosing her before going with Cloud. Which makes sense since FF6 is also popular on the SNES, making her Nintendo-based.

Much of Terra's story is filled with mysteries at first since we don't know who she is. But despite that, she still tries to do the right thing to oppose the Empire while making allies along the way. She could be a glass cannon zoner who can openly use the many ranged spells from Final Fantasy as parts of her main moveset and get in close range combat with her sword. She would be a fun character with a playstyle that of a mage and a swordfighter.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Emet-Selch

The main villain of Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers and a Major Character in Endwalker.

Solus Zos Galvus or Emet-Selch is an ascian who is also the being Hades. Emet-Selch is a popular character in FFXIV for his personality, story and design.

In terms of gameplay he has the ability set of a Dark Knight, Black Mage and His true firm if Hades. Making Emet-Selch a powerful shadow and magic user.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I REEEEEEEEALLY wanted to submit Tidus or Yuna as FFX is one of the best FF games out there IMO but I opted for.....

LIGHTNING (FINAL FANTASY XIII)

Why Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII should be in Smash Bros.:

Lightning would be an excellent addition to the Smash Bros. roster due to her status as one of the most iconic characters from the Final Fantasy series. As the main protagonist of Final Fantasy XIII, Lightning has garnered a large fan base and has become a symbol of strength, determination, and resilience. Including her in Smash Bros. would not only celebrate the legacy of the Final Fantasy franchise but also introduce a strong female character with a diverse set of abilities to the game. Furthermore, Lightning's dynamic personality and striking appearance would add depth and variety to the roster, appealing to fans of the Final Fantasy series and newcomers alike.

How Lightning could play in Smash Bros.:

Lightning could utilize a versatile blend of sword-based combat, elemental magic, and advanced technology in her moveset, drawing inspiration from her abilities in Final Fantasy XIII. Her standard attacks could incorporate quick sword slashes and martial arts techniques, showcasing her agility and combat prowess. Additionally, Lightning could use her unique Paradigm Shift ability as part of her special moves, allowing her to switch between different combat roles on the fly, such as Commando for offensive strikes, Ravager for elemental magic attacks, and Sentinel for defensive maneuvers. Her Final Smash could unleash the devastating power of her ultimate Eidolon, Odin, who would deliver a powerful onslaught of lightning-based attacks, dealing massive damage to opponents within range. Overall, Lightning would offer a dynamic and strategic fighting style, reflecting her multifaceted nature as a warrior and leader in the world of Final Fantasy.

Why Lightning?

Like I said, I wanted to submit Tidus and still do but I feel Lightning has A LOT more content to add into her toolkit rather than Tidus' hack/slash/blitzball. As mentioned earlier, her Paradigm Shift could be an unique stance set up that would be simply amazing. While FF13 is a bit.... iffy on the iconic scale and Lightning getting in would be a huge head scratch - I think she would be more fun to play as compared to other ideas.

Noctis, Clive, Squall. and Black Mage were also considered....

PLEEEASE SOMEONE SUBMIT TIDUS OR YUNA....

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job Submission

Tifa Lockhart

1717890348985.png

One of the most popular characters in the series and Cloud's closest companions. Would bring an interesting martial arts moveset. I know we might have a lot of FF7 already but the character herself is very iconic and beloved by fans and would be a great addition on character alone rather than the game she's from.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
DFFNT_Yuna_Render.png

Yuna
I was gonna do this anyway since FFX is my favourite one after 7 and I think a summorer moveset like this could be really fun. She would summon her Aeons, FFX's take on summons. This would be done with her staff. I know the Midgar stage has summons already but this could be done differently. She would also use other kinds of magic with her stafft. She has a graceful dancing like fighting style that could make her really stand out and We could maybe include her guns from FFX-2 in her kit if we wanna get really wild. FFX has long been rumoured for a remake and is due a big anniversary soon. Yuna herself is a really popular character who constantly ranks high on polls.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Vivi Ornitier (FF9)

Actually currently playing through my 1st FF game now (7 Remake). Think that game is well repped now though so will nominate something else from a game im not too familiar with.

Vivi is a very popular character, would give us a more magic based fighter from the series, & the close resemble to a black mage would stand out as it is very recognizable from the series.

Plus this would be very timely if the FF9 remake rumors are true

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
i'm gonna change my submission to other Final Fantasy Character,i have a thought the Chocobo & Moogle is not a good submission

Final Fantasy Character (but different): Black Mage

Black Mage is a class who was debuted on the first Final Fantasy game, and a most popular class who is in on Final Fantasy series pre-FF5...or pre-FF6,and this class appears on various Final Fantasy games,who Veigar from League of Legends is based on Black Mage by his appearence,also Black Mage is one of the main characters from a old webcomic series 8-Bit Theather,who is a video game parody comic series

Why Black Mage in Smash Inifinite Beyond?

Black Mage is one of the most iconic class from Final Fantasy series,who his design was influencied,he appeared on 2 Mario games as Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Mario Sports Mix,who Nintendo and Square have a partnership with these games,and i can't forget the Fortune Street,but it's use more Dragon Quest characters,also Black Mage is a playable character on Super Smash Flash 2 and Super Smash Bros. Crusade

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
i'm gonna change my submission to other Final Fantasy Character,i have a thought the Chocobo & Moogle is not a good submission

Final Fantasy Character (but different): Black Mage

Black Mage is a class who was debuted on the first Final Fantasy game, and a most popular class who is in on Final Fantasy series pre-FF5...or pre-FF6,and this class appears on various Final Fantasy games,who Veigar from League of Legends is based on Black Mage by his appearence,also Black Mage is one of the main characters from a old webcomic series 8-Bit Theather,who is a video game parody comic series

Why Black Mage in Smash Inifinite Beyond?

Black Mage is one of the most iconic class from Final Fantasy series,who his design was influencied,he appeared on 2 Mario games as Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Mario Sports Mix,who Nintendo and Square have a partnership with these games,and i can't forget the Fortune Street,but it's use more Dragon Quest characters,also Black Mage is a playable character on Super Smash Flash 2 and Super Smash Bros. Crusade

Nirvana Champ already submitted this.

Top Bottom