• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which option should we go with? I can't operate both the wikia and front page anymore.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Not sure if the submission window is still open but...

Warriors of Light

ff1_weapons_guide_list_locations.jpg

Since most of the Final Fantasy content so far is based around the more modern JRPG genre, how about we go a little more retro with the more original 8-bit Warriors of Light? They would be a four-in-one fighter with a turn-based gimmick based around RPG battles. The warrior would do attacking, the Black Mage would be ranged, the White Mage would be more pacifist and heal and the thief would steal moves. The main reason why I think they should join is due to how we can showcase Final Fantasy back when it popularized the RPG genre in the late 80s. This game set the standard for other role-playing games and even gave way to Final Fantasy VII. A solid choice here and the Warriors of Light can provide a fun RPG-based gimmick.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Considering we haven't had any new submissions, we will begin to start our voting phase!

Here are our submissions!

Now we battle like Fighters! And Miis! And Miis who dress up like Fighters!
View attachment 390784
For GILGAMESH, it's Smashing Time!
Known for his eccentric demeanor and vast variety of weapons plundered from across the worlds of Final Fantasy, Gilgamesh is a recurring character who made his debut in Final Fantasy V as the right-hand man of the main antagonist Exdeath before becoming a popular character to appear in other entries of the series, including being a boss in the likes of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2 and a summon in Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and World of Final Fantasy. He even became playable in one of the Dissidia titles, too.

In Smash, Gilgamesh would be a complex character who dominates the midrange not with hefty swings of a singular sword, but a flurry of several diverse hitboxes that each have different effects, ranging from the demonic katana Muramasa to the all-cutting Zantetsuken to the laughable joke weapon Excalipoor (If need be we could possibly even throw in weapons from the other Smash fighters as per his reputation of a weapon collector). His moveset would be packed to the brim with multi-armed swordplay and magic, allowing Gilgamesh to adapt to the situation if need be.
Final Fantasy Character: Chocobo & Moogle

View attachment 390796

Chocobo & Moogle are two races of species from Final Fantasy series, Chocobo is a bird used for mounting and Moogle is a flying creature who is intelligent and know the humans, both these creatures are mascots from Final Fantasy series,also Moogle appears on 2 Mario games who are Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Mario Sports Mix,for have a possible connection on Nintendo.

Chocobo & Moogle are two fighters fighting together, like Banjo & Kazooie or Duck Hunt for base for moveset.

I wanted to submit Black Mage,but i decide to anyone submit Black Mage and i choose Chocobo & Moogle as fighters
View attachment 390797
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy 6)

While Cloud and Sephiroth are indeed well-known characters from the Final Fantasy series. I think it also makes to have Terra from FF6 to finally represent the classic side of the franchise. She and het game FF6 are beloved enough that Sakurai even considered choosing her before going with Cloud. Which makes sense since FF6 is also popular on the SNES, making her Nintendo-based.

Much of Terra's story is filled with mysteries at first since we don't know who she is. But despite that, she still tries to do the right thing to oppose the Empire while making allies along the way. She could be a glass cannon zoner who can openly use the many ranged spells from Final Fantasy as parts of her main moveset and get in close range combat with her sword. She would be a fun character with a playstyle that of a mage and a swordfighter.
Emet-Selch

The main villain of Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers and a Major Character in Endwalker.

Solus Zos Galvus or Emet-Selch is an ascian who is also the being Hades. Emet-Selch is a popular character in FFXIV for his personality, story and design.

In terms of gameplay he has the ability set of a Dark Knight, Black Mage and His true firm if Hades. Making Emet-Selch a powerful shadow and magic user.
I REEEEEEEEALLY wanted to submit Tidus or Yuna as FFX is one of the best FF games out there IMO but I opted for.....

LIGHTNING (FINAL FANTASY XIII)

Why Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII should be in Smash Bros.:

Lightning would be an excellent addition to the Smash Bros. roster due to her status as one of the most iconic characters from the Final Fantasy series. As the main protagonist of Final Fantasy XIII, Lightning has garnered a large fan base and has become a symbol of strength, determination, and resilience. Including her in Smash Bros. would not only celebrate the legacy of the Final Fantasy franchise but also introduce a strong female character with a diverse set of abilities to the game. Furthermore, Lightning's dynamic personality and striking appearance would add depth and variety to the roster, appealing to fans of the Final Fantasy series and newcomers alike.

How Lightning could play in Smash Bros.:

Lightning could utilize a versatile blend of sword-based combat, elemental magic, and advanced technology in her moveset, drawing inspiration from her abilities in Final Fantasy XIII. Her standard attacks could incorporate quick sword slashes and martial arts techniques, showcasing her agility and combat prowess. Additionally, Lightning could use her unique Paradigm Shift ability as part of her special moves, allowing her to switch between different combat roles on the fly, such as Commando for offensive strikes, Ravager for elemental magic attacks, and Sentinel for defensive maneuvers. Her Final Smash could unleash the devastating power of her ultimate Eidolon, Odin, who would deliver a powerful onslaught of lightning-based attacks, dealing massive damage to opponents within range. Overall, Lightning would offer a dynamic and strategic fighting style, reflecting her multifaceted nature as a warrior and leader in the world of Final Fantasy.

Why Lightning?

Like I said, I wanted to submit Tidus and still do but I feel Lightning has A LOT more content to add into her toolkit rather than Tidus' hack/slash/blitzball. As mentioned earlier, her Paradigm Shift could be an unique stance set up that would be simply amazing. While FF13 is a bit.... iffy on the iconic scale and Lightning getting in would be a huge head scratch - I think she would be more fun to play as compared to other ideas.

Noctis, Clive, Squall. and Black Mage were also considered....

PLEEEASE SOMEONE SUBMIT TIDUS OR YUNA....
Job Submission

Tifa Lockhart

View attachment 390834

One of the most popular characters in the series and Cloud's closest companions. Would bring an interesting martial arts moveset. I know we might have a lot of FF7 already but the character herself is very iconic and beloved by fans and would be a great addition on character alone rather than the game she's from.
View attachment 390836
Yuna
I was gonna do this anyway since FFX is my favourite one after 7 and I think a summorer moveset like this could be really fun. She would summon her Aeons, FFX's take on summons. This would be done with her staff. I know the Midgar stage has summons already but this could be done differently. She would also use other kinds of magic with her stafft. She has a graceful dancing like fighting style that could make her really stand out and We could maybe include her guns from FFX-2 in her kit if we wanna get really wild. FFX has long been rumoured for a remake and is due a big anniversary soon. Yuna herself is a really popular character who constantly ranks high on polls.
Vivi Ornitier (FF9)

Actually currently playing through my 1st FF game now (7 Remake). Think that game is well repped now though so will nominate something else from a game im not too familiar with.

Vivi is a very popular character, would give us a more magic based fighter from the series, & the close resemble to a black mage would stand out as it is very recognizable from the series.

Plus this would be very timely if the FF9 remake rumors are true
Not sure if the submission window is still open but...

Warriors of Light

View attachment 390846

Since most of the Final Fantasy content so far is based around the more modern JRPG genre, how about we go a little more retro with the more original 8-bit Warriors of Light? They would be a four-in-one fighter with a turn-based gimmick based around RPG battles. The warrior would do attacking, the Black Mage would be ranged, the White Mage would be more pacifist and heal and the thief would steal moves. The main reason why I think they should join is due to how we can showcase Final Fantasy back when it popularized the RPG genre in the late 80s. This game set the standard for other role-playing games and even gave way to Final Fantasy VII. A solid choice here and the Warriors of Light can provide a fun RPG-based gimmick.
Here they are in listed form:
  • Gilgamesh (reoccurring summon/enemy)
  • Chocobo and Moogle (reoccuring character/element of gameplay)
  • Terra Branford (Final Fantasy 6)
  • Emet-Selch (Final Fantasy 14)
  • Lightning (Final Fantasy 13)
  • Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy 7)
  • Yuna (Final Fantasy 10)Vivi/Black Mage (Reoccuring/Final Fantasy 9)
  • Warriors of Light (Final Fantasy 1)

PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Fixed driving right now please revote dont k ow who voted already but deleted responses please revote so sorry

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m sorry about that earlier. Everything is fine now and you can all recite. If you voted already, please do me the favor of casting the vote again.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Results will be publishing toon. I do apologize for my mess up yesterday and, sadly I don't have a lot of time today to take care of this but I hope to get us started.

NameTotal
Gilgamesh18
Chocobo and Moogle16
Terra Bradford28
Emet-Selch2
Lightning13
Tifa Lockhart16
Yuna13
Vivi/Black Mage27
Warriors of Light 13

Please click the spoiler below to see who won and how the votes tallied up. We did get the lowest number of votes as of late.
We will be holding a run-off poll for the following characters....

Tera and Black Mage

Even though Gilgamesh did get 3 5-point votes, not nabbing any 4 point or 3 point votes doesn't mean there is universal support for the character. When I typically look at votes, 5 point votes are obviously a huge key factor but also nabbing lower points indicates that, even though those top support factors aren't there, they still is some general support for the character. This is why I decided to hold the run-off poll for Terra and Black Mage/Vivi.

Name54321Total
Gilgamesh3 (15)001 (2)118
Chcobobo and Moogle02 (8)2 (6)0216
Terra Bradford2 (10)2 (8)3 (9)1 (2)028
Emet-Selch0001 (2)02
Lightning01 (4)1 (3)1 (2)413
Tifa Lockhart04 (8)1 (3)3 (6)016
Yuna2 (10)01 (3)0013
Vivi/Black Mage3 (15)2 (8)01 (2)227
Warriors of Light01 (4)2 (6)2 (4)1 13

Please check back for more information.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As we wait for our votes to be submitted, we will begin our next job....

Submit a Final Fantasy Mii Costume

We currently have Squall in as a Mii Gunner but, outside of that, we don't have any other characters repping the other FF games. That being said, we will begin submitting the following

Submit a Mii Costume from one of Main Heroes of a Mainline Final Fantasy Game

Minus Squall, we are adding someone that is not Terra. This character MUST be the main protag of a mainline FF game so, while Yuna is a huge character obviously, Tidus would get the spot.

Likewise,

Submit the Main Villain from a Mainline Final Fantasy Game

That being said, due to being to risqué, the Cloud of Darkness is unsubitable. When submitting, please provide the following information for both the HERO and the VILLAIN

• Name
  • Game they appeared in
  • Mii Fighter Class
  • How the Mii Fighter's may change the weapon appearance

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Protagonist:
1718048829237.png

Clive Rosfield (Final Fantasy XVI) (Mii Swordfighter)

Villain:
1718048902730.png

Kefka Palazzo (Final Fantasy VI) (Mii Mage)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We didn't register as many votes as we usually do but I decided to pull the plug on this voting process.

NamePoints
Vivi/Black Mage5
Terra Bradford4

Black Mage Casts It's Magic!

We actually had a tie and I voted in favor of the tiebreaker. I actually wanted to vote for Terra as, well, I love the game she is from and, honestly, I sort of regret not voting for her but Black Mage nabbed a lot of 3 point votes previously and held a cosniderable lead for the voting process so I felt people wanted Black Mage more. Plus, Black Mage would utilize a combination of magical attacks whereas Terra uses both swords and magic in a way Sephiroth sort of does. Now, in terms of design, I do think we should go with the above but also offer the traditional Black Mage which looks like this...

I will be voting a voting round via the poll thread to see if we want Black Mage or Vivi to be the default character because, honestly, I think we could do a Olimar/Alph situation.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
**** YEAH!!!, Black Mage Won!,i'm glad that he is on the roster,also i wonder of which designs does we used for default costume

1718117767305.jpeg

1718117847108.png

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Little disappointed, but oh well. Bit confused on the reasoning for tiebreaker though, Black Mage didn't really nab any 3 point votes? And if you look at the combined vote count for 5, 4, and 3 points in the original vote, Terra actually had more (7 to 5). And Terra's original vote count was greater as well, 28 to 27, so not sure how that is construed as people wanting Mage more. (It was actually 29 to 27, now that I do the math).

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Little disappointed, but oh well. Bit confused on the reasoning for tiebreaker though, Black Mage didn't really nab any 3 point votes? And if you look at the combined vote count for 5, 4, and 3 points in the original vote, Terra actually had more (7 to 5). And Terra's original vote count was greater as well, 28 to 27, so not sure how that is construed as people wanting Mage more. (It was actually 29 to 27, now that I do the math).
Black Mage had 1 more 5 point vote in the original voting.

Also, technically it was a tiebreaker vote but also my own vote. While I did want Terra originally, I opted for Black Mage as I felt there was more to go from a character perspective and would be more fun/engaging for thread members. So I used my vote for Black Mage.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I feel like overall vote count should matter more, and Terra had more combined 4 and 3 point votes as well. But if that's your decision, then so be it. (Although the fact that you said you wanted to vote for her and you regret not voting for her makes it a little more bitter).

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I do regret not voting but I'm not really active anymore. Not the result of have gone for.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
It's just quite sad to me because adding unique 3rd Parties from already represented franchises is extremely rare (the fact that Chun-Li still isn't in this game after all this time speaks to that), and now that FF has 3 reps, the thread voting in a 4th rep seems nigh impossible at this point since every other franchise aside from Sonic has only 1 or 2 reps. This probably was Terra's last chance, and that's quite a disappointment considering how great both her character and her game are.

I'll probably be a little less active myself as well, just due to stress and personal life stuff.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I mean, I am personally fine with both. Terra is a great character but Black Mage is such an iconic character that transcends each game. Both perfectly fit FF as reps. I don't have any actual qualms with it nor, honestly, do I really mind it. I also feel that Black Mage may have more interaction about added content then Terra does since, realistically, we have like 4 or so people who contribute. This is another reason why I don't often vote.

To people jumping ship, that is fine. It's sad yes but it's inevitable. Eventually the project will end or, due to lack of participation, it will phase out but even if we have 2 or 3, it can continue. I will say that I have more time to work on it. I bought myself a computer finally (I didn't have that or a phone earlier an dused library wifi/computer or a family member's system) so things might be a bit more stable.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I did vote (& nominate) Vivi/Black Mage, either way works for me although DragonRobotKing26 seemed pretty excited about the result & there are 2 other voters who switching up things at this point may not sit the best with. Will say either way wont really alter my participation as im only decently familiar with 7 remake. Depends on how creative & eager to learn i feel when the job starts without that familiarity.

On another note almost forgot about the Mii costume job.

Bartz Klauser (FF5) Mii Swordfighter

Remember him coming up i believe when Sakurai mention other considered series characters. Has a recognizable design & seems decently popular.

Cid Raines (FF13) Mii Mage

FFs Cids kind of remind me of Fire Emblem & Anna. This is the 2nd? Cid to take on a villainous role. Was the 1st name for FF13 main antagonists on the wiki & reappeared in Lightning Returns so hopefully he fits what we are looking for.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will be submitting....

Tidus
Final Fantasy X
1718137945462.png

Mii Swordfighter
The sword changes to Brotherhood

As for the villain....surprised no one submitted the OG Villain

Garland
1718138058914.png

Mii Swordfighter
Final Fantasy 1
Weapon becomes Garland's Rebellion

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Everyone....

I have a proposition for you all. Even though we recorded a significantly low amount of votes per usual (highest we recorded in SSBIB was 20), throughout the voting process, Terra and Black Mage/Vivi was pretty much neck and neck throughout the entire thing. I know we don't do this often but Infinite Beyond has, well, broken a lot of rules and standards and what not that rules Smash Bros.

What if we were to included Terra along with Vivi/Black Mage under the following conditions: that it reduces a character slot in Year 3 Festival from 2 characters to one character. That being said, this inclusion would be NO MORE SQUARE characters would be allowed from here on out.

1) Terra is included along with Vivi in this update and is made available. Still only 1 character for Year 3 Festival.
2) Terra is included as a timed exclusive in this update and then not made fully available until Year 3 Festival along with the new character. So we technically get 2 characters just with one who was added earlier but now fully made available.

Thoughts on this Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 D darkvortex DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 nirvanafan nirvanafan Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999 GolisoPower GolisoPower . Again, I normally don't do this but one thing I like about the DLC season of this game is that.... it's unpredictable. I think it would be rather well-received and honestly on par to Sephiroth's reveal to have a reveal trailer that is like this:

"An ARMS-esque "Grab the Smash Invitation" with Black Mage/Vivi ultimately getting it with Terra JUST about to nab it but somehow incapacitated by Black Mage only for her to get the Smash Invitation "somehow" within the realm of Dissidia or something like that once Black Mage's gameplay stuff ends. Like all of the characters we submitted try to grabs the Invitation in a Dissidia like manner. "

I will allow for us to have a discussion about it and then proceed with voting. Again, I normally don't do this but I see a possibility for a "give and take" but also recognize how tight the race was between these two and considered how hyped it would be to get these two characters.

I do worry about calls against this due to "Final Fantasy eating well" and why don't other Franchises get the same treatment. This is my primary worry but I wanted to bring it you guys before I personally made a call.

......Now, we will be doing a vote for the Mii Costumes and my intention is to do this:

We vote and except the top 2 heroes and villains. Then, to create a Dissidia-like pairing, we also then bring in the contrasting Hero and Villain. So, for example, if Tidus wins, then Jecht automatically gets added in as a Mii Costume as well. This is to create a "Dissidia-like event". This does pose a problem with Kefka but we could easily subsitute Terra with Locke Cole.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Yeah, I dunno, man. As much as I usually like 2 characters in a single event (like with Alear and Rayman), I think what you're proposing is a little too extreme.

I get it, both Terra and Black Mage are super-popular among the FF community and the game community at large, but with what you're proposing, Terra would feel almost shoehorned, it wouldn't sit well.

I think we should just stick with Black Mage. They're popular enough, they were already voted for, let's not make this more complicated than it needs to be.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
Dissidia_OnionKnight.png

Onion Knight - FF3 (Swordfighter)

Mateus.png

Emperor - FF2 (Mage)

As much as I wanted Terra, I think if Black Mage won then he's the one who should get in. I don't hate the idea but it sounds like complicating things and makes the win less special.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
i'm on the GolisoPower's side, Venus, you are going extreme

and i agree that Black Mage should stay being a playable character and Terra is out, because Black Mage who the most voted

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
For the sake of time, I have decided to pull an executive decision and make it so that the default is the Black Mage for our character. Vivi will be an Alph situation.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be conducting a poll for Terra to see if we will include her along with Black Mage. This means we wont have an additional character for Year 3.

As we move on, we will be conducting the next job.

Submit Moveset Content for Black Mage
We will be submitting the following content for Black in regards to a moveset. That being said, much like Hero, Black Mage does have an MP system with points allotted for each spell but, to avoid having Black Mage be "too much" like Hero, there won't be a command select system. I don't mind if we do a Sora-type attack where he has access to numerous spells but I do want to encourage not to go that route.

Black Mage was added to Super Smash Flash 2 so you can always go over there to check out. It might be a good idea to dabble into the lesser used spells from Final Fantasy that hasn't been used.
  • Normals (Jabs and Tilts)​
  • Smash Attacks​
  • Aerials​
  • Throws​
  • Specials​
  • Final Smash​

Now, we do have 3 stages from Final Fantasy: Midgard, North Cave, and Airship which was included in Infinite. I have yet to fully decide but I am considering some options for our stage. While in theory we should go with something connected with Black Mage, I do think the beauty of this submission is that we can dab into anyone of the Final Fantasy stages. We will be doing the stage submissions later this week.

DKing

Smash Rookie
I don't know if the submission is close but I would like to suggest Shiren the wanderer create by spike chunsoft.His games influences the dungeon genre. Its popular in Japan and have released the game in the west. They worked with Nintendo, the pokemon company to create the pokemon mystery dungeon that is influenced by the Shiren the wanderer(series).

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Up Special: Warp

1718210302584.png

Black Mage creates a magic circle who can controls on anywhere and Black Mage have is own magic circle on below him, Black Mage teleports on the the magic circle who he was controling, this atack don't make damage.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Neutral Special: Bio
1718236162649.png

Black Mage casts Bio which is a sphere that appears about one Bowser body away. It will expand until it stops expanding and anyone who enters its field will instantly begin to take damage with 1.4% damage per second. This has a lingering effect as it will continue to effect the opponent; especially if they are at higher damages. Black Mage can hold and charge the attack to expand it even further to increase its range by .1% damage reduction penalty the longer it is charged. The furthest it can be charged is 4 1/2 Bowser bodies which would quate to about .7damage per second.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Side Special:
1718239112896.png

Quake
Black Mage will cast Quake, a forwards-traveling burst of magic that deals 11.5% damage and leaves behind a fissure that reduces foe's movement speed to 0.75x and sinks any foe standing on it by half their body height. The magic burst itself also inflicts some medium-high knockback and the fissure lasts about 8 seconds. Using Quake again will result in the previous fissure vanishing instantly. If used in the air, the magic orb, the size of a Poison Mushroom'd Kirby, will instead fall downwards and spike on hit.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry to not update at all but we elected to make decline including Terra as well.

With that being said, we will be moving into voting for the Mii Costumes

Protagonist:
View attachment 390882
Clive Rosfield (Final Fantasy XVI) (Mii Swordfighter)

Villain:
View attachment 390883
Kefka Palazzo (Final Fantasy VI) (Mii Mage)
Final Fantasy Protag Mii Costume: Noctis (Mii Swordfighter)

View attachment 390884

Final Fantasy Villain Mii Costume: Gaius (Mii Costume)

View attachment 390885
I did vote (& nominate) Vivi/Black Mage, either way works for me although DragonRobotKing26 seemed pretty excited about the result & there are 2 other voters who switching up things at this point may not sit the best with. Will say either way wont really alter my participation as im only decently familiar with 7 remake. Depends on how creative & eager to learn i feel when the job starts without that familiarity.

On another note almost forgot about the Mii costume job.

Bartz Klauser (FF5) Mii Swordfighter

Remember him coming up i believe when Sakurai mention other considered series characters. Has a recognizable design & seems decently popular.

Cid Raines (FF13) Mii Mage

FFs Cids kind of remind me of Fire Emblem & Anna. This is the 2nd? Cid to take on a villainous role. Was the 1st name for FF13 main antagonists on the wiki & reappeared in Lightning Returns so hopefully he fits what we are looking for.
I will be submitting....

Tidus
Final Fantasy X
View attachment 390914
Mii Swordfighter
The sword changes to Brotherhood

As for the villain....surprised no one submitted the OG Villain

Garland
View attachment 390915
Mii Swordfighter
Final Fantasy 1
Weapon becomes Garland's Rebellion
View attachment 390916
Onion Knight - FF3 (Swordfighter)

View attachment 390917
Emperor - FF2 (Mage)

As much as I wanted Terra, I think if Black Mage won then he's the one who should get in. I don't hate the idea but it sounds like complicating things and makes the win less special.
View attachment 390953
Zidane - FF9 (Swordfighter)

View attachment 390954
Exdeath - FF5 (Mii Mage)
Keep in mind that including these characters also means that a Hero and a Villain related to these submissions will also be included. We will accept two heroes and villains that are associated with the voted-in candidates. Here is how it looks like:

Hero/VillainAssociated Hero/VillainHero/VillainAssociated Hero/Villain
Clive Rosfield (FF16)UltimaKefka (FFVI)Terra
Noctis (FF15)Ardyn IzuniaGaius (FF15)Y'shtola Rhul
Bartz Klauser (FF5)Exdeath Cid Raines (FF13)Lightning
Tidus (FFX)JechtThe Emperor (FF2)Firion
Onion Knight (FF3)Cloud of Darkness (we could make it less revealing I suppose)Garland (FF1)Warrior of Light (FF1)
Zidane (FF9)Kuja

Exdeath was not included as Bartz is already up there and gives FF5 an unfair advantage.

PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will begin to move into Black Mage related content but, that being said, you are free to add more content if you see fit.

Black Mage Additional Content and Alternate Costumes

Please keep in mind that Black Mage does have a presence in Final Fantasy that isn't only restricted to that of certain games so you are able to freely explore content from a wide-range of courses. Including other character's is not permitted though.

We will be adding the following content:
  • Entrance Animation (1)
  • Idle Poses (2)
  • Taunts (4)
  • Victory Poses (3)
  • Kirby Hat (1)
  • Boxing Ring Title (2) (1 for Black Mage and one for Vivi)
  • Splash Tagline (2) (1 for Black Mage and one for Vivi)
  • Codename (1)
  • Palutena's Guidance (2)
  • Snake Codec (2)
  • Classic Mode (1)
As for alternate costumes, we do have Vivi as a secondary set much like Alph and Olimar....

Black Mage (Dark Blue default)
Vivi (Light blue default)

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Entrance animation: a character selection screen who have all playable classes on Final Fantasy 1 appears choosing Black Mage, Black Mage jumps on the character selection screen

Idle Animation: Black Mage ajusts his hat

Kirby Hat: Black Mage's hat

Codename: Magician

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Boxing Ring Title: Magician of the Warriors of Light

Taunt: Black Mage raises a hand and channels his magic, making the image of a clock that goes either fast or slow, referencing the Haste and Slow spells he can learn.

Victory Animation: The Black Mage will be standing in front of his enemy fighters, who fade out defeated enemies in the original FF1, and he will do a small victory dance. Based on when you win a battle in FF1.

Pre-Reveal Easter Egg: In all stages based on RPGs (Such as Yggdrasil's Altar and Airship), 8-bit versions of Cloud and Sephiroth will be seen duking it out in the background, styled after FF1 sprites from the NES.

Last edited:
Top Bottom