• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which option should we go with for our winter/star-based fourth party Mii costume

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Can I make a change to my up special submission? Specifically that the leader would strike the pose and control their fall and not the follower - just because it makes more diegetic sense for Callie to pose while in the lead than when Marie's in the lead (for example). Still the same otherwise - one can move away from the other.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Entrance Animation: A stage platform descends and the Squid sisters pose before hopping off
View attachment 382829

Idle 1: The Squid Sisters look around
Idle 2: The Squid Sisters adjust their gloves

Up Taunt: The Squid Sisters do their famed "Staaay Fresh!" pose, catchphrase and all
Right Taunt: The Squid Sisters look at the camera and smile while waving.
Left Taunt: They dance like a splatfest
Down Taunt: The Squid Sisters hop for a bit while shouting "Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!"

Victory Pose 1- The Squid Sisters perform the pose from the ''City of Color'' Dance.
Victory Pose 2- The Squid Sisters jump up and down excitedly, as Judd hops in excitement with them.
Victory Pose 3- The Squid Sisters twirl around, and pose in their “Stay Fresh!” pose.

Victory Fanfair: Remix of an excerpt from Splattack, the Main Theme of Splatoon

Boxing Title:
The Calamari Popstars

Kirby Hat:
Kirby gets the hair and headwear of whichever Squid Sister he sucks up. He gets their neutral special
View attachment 382830
While I don't mind mass submissions, I only pick and choose from these lists. My focus is on allowing others to submit content. I only include these kinds of submissions if I don't get anything else.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I forgot to post our results of the Masterpieces. We will be accepting the top 3 submissions

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Mischief Makers2 ()63 (6)113
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time2 (6)1 (2)311
Star Fox 641 (3)1 (2)27
DIddy Kong Racing1 (3)3 (9)012
Sin & Punishment2 (6)028

We will be including playable segments for Mischef Makers, Ocarina of Time, and Diddy Kong Racing

Second, in addition to more Squid Sisters additional content, we will be submitting but also voting on two things....

At the top of thread, we will conduct a vote to see who to replace the Squid Sisters with: Off the Hook or Deep Cut.

We will also be submitting....

Submit Festive Colors that Utilize a Nintendo 64 Black and Gray Coloration
We will be submitting Festive Costumes that utilize a black and gray theme to emulate the baseline Nintendo 64 coloration for its hardware; in particular the console itself and the controller. Submit which character will get this coloration.

Submit Festive Colors that Utilize a Nintendo 64 Black and Gray Coloration
In addition, we are submitting Festive Costumes that are based on models of playable characters who appeared in both Smash and Nintendo 64. An example of this would be Fox from Smash 64 or Yung Link from Majora's Mask. Please note we are not taking current characters and giving them 64-inspired models. JUST CHARACTERS WHO APPEARED ON THE N64 CONSOLE.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
N64 Coloration:
1705033465288.png

N64 Color Doom Slayer
The Slayer will be wearing his Eternal suit, recolored to look like the N64 Console. Smaller accessories like the shoulder-mounted cannon will be colored after the controller, with red, blue, green and yellow decorations to represent some of the buttons.

N64 Models:
1705033411148.png

N64 Banjo-Kazooie

cashregister9

Smash Hero
N64 Color

DJ Octavio

Octavio himself becomes light gray, His mech becomes black
The Green lights become C-button Yellow, The Purple Highlights become a mix of Green, Blue, Red and Yellow

Doom 64 Slayer

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Alt Colour
Mega Man
Mega Man gets a colour scheme based on the N64. He has a silver helmet, and a black body with elements (the lines ) in the colour of the N64 logo.

Costume:
128px-Link-MM64-Model.png

Young Link

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Nintendo 64 Festive Colors: Inkling

Inkling's hair is gray,sneakers are also gray but with red,blue and yellow on parts of the sneakers,shorts' line is blue,the shirt is black with Nintendo 64 icon on the middle of the shirt

Nintendo 64 Costume: Wario

5912.png

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
N64 Color

Gholdengo

File:1000Gholdengo.png

Gholdengo gets N64 colors, a dark grey body to represent the default console colors with green, blue, red, and yellow stripes to represent the logo. Its mouth and eyes are green to represent green being the predominant color on the logo. The belt stays the same but the circular belt buckle is emerald colored.

N64 Costume

Peach

Mario Party 3

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Lucas

Not sure it counts as it never released but will give Earthbound 64 Lucas a shot.

N64 Color - Roy
Shoutout to another cancelled N64 game. Rumor is some elements were reused in Tharcia 776 & Binding Blade (Roys game). Blue would be recolored black, red (including hair) & gold would become a darker grey, light grey & white would remain the same.

Last edited:

sal ig

Smash Apprentice
N64 recolour -
phoenix wrights suit would turn into a black color while his tie would be gray

N64 costume - pokemon trainer
the trainer would be represented by the icons for players in pokemon stadium 2 while squirtle, ivysaur and charizard would just use their models
29525.png
24485.png
4956.png
maxresdefault.jpg

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for your submissions! Please vote for which one you think is best!

I am submitting the following:

Festive Color
Ness

Festive Costume
Mewtwo

N64 Coloration:
View attachment 382871
N64 Color Doom Slayer
The Slayer will be wearing his Eternal suit, recolored to look like the N64 Console. Smaller accessories like the shoulder-mounted cannon will be colored after the controller, with red, blue, green and yellow decorations to represent some of the buttons.

N64 Models:
View attachment 382870
N64 Banjo-Kazooie
N64 Color

DJ Octavio

Octavio himself becomes light gray, His mech becomes black
The Green lights become C-button Yellow, The Purple Highlights become a mix of Green, Blue, Red and Yellow

Doom 64 Slayer
Alt Colour
Mega Man
Mega Man gets a colour scheme based on the N64. He has a silver helmet, and a black body with elements (the lines ) in the colour of the N64 logo.

Costume:
View attachment 382885
Young Link
Nintendo 64 Festive Colors: Inkling

Inkling's hair is gray,sneakers are also gray but with red,blue and yellow on parts of the sneakers,shorts' line is blue,the shirt is black with Nintendo 64 icon on the middle of the shirt

Nintendo 64 Costume: Wario

View attachment 382889
N64 Color

Gholdengo

File:1000Gholdengo.png

Gholdengo gets N64 colors, a dark grey body to represent the default console colors with green, blue, red, and yellow stripes to represent the logo. Its mouth and eyes are green to represent green being the predominant color on the logo. The belt stays the same but the circular belt buckle is emerald colored.

N64 Costume

Peach

Mario Party 3
N64 recolour: Banjo & Kazooie - Banjo gets black shorts, dark grey fur, and a light grey muzzle/belly/feet/backpack while Kazooie has a vibrant peacock-like pattern of the N64 logo colours.

Costume: Piranha Plant. Has green lips
Lucas

Not sure it counts as it never released but will give Earthbound 64 Lucas a shot.

N64 Color - Roy
Shoutout to another cancelled N64 game. Rumor is some elements were reused in Tharcia 776 & Binding Blade (Roys game). Blue would be recolored black, red (including hair) & gold would become a darker grey, light grey & white would remain the same.
N64 recolour -
phoenix wrights suit would turn into a black color while his tie would be gray

N64 costume - pokemon trainer
the trainer would be represented by the icons for players in pokemon stadium 2 while squirtle, ivysaur and charizard would just use their models
View attachment 382904View attachment 382905View attachment 382906View attachment 382908
Festive Colors
  • Doomslayer
  • DJ Octavio
  • Mega Man
  • Inkling
  • Gholdengo
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Roy
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Ness

Festive Costumes
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Doomslayer
  • Young Link
  • Wario
  • Peach
  • Piranha Plant
  • Lucas
  • Pokemon Trainer
  • Mewtwo

Please note that the following characters are on both lists twice: Banjo and Doomslayer. We can only accept either a costume or a color. If one or both of them wins a category, I will take which one has the most amount of votes.

GO HERE TO VOTE!!!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
For our next job....

Submit Alternate Colors for Squid Sisters

We will be submitting colors for both Callie and Marie. The colors should complement one another and make sense from the perspective of the source. When submitting, please identify the source and the color slot the color would take the place of. They will not have alternate costumes from Deep Cut or Off the Hook.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1705115609591.png

Order and Chaos (Gold + Silver)

The two colors of Splatoon 2's epic Final Fest. Callie swaps out the pink in her outfit for gold and her headpiece turns into that of a crown, whereas Marie gains a more silvery outfit with twinges of aquamarine on her body. Their ink colors also become gold and silver respectively.

Last edited:

sal ig

Smash Apprentice
alt color -
the squid sisters would take on their splatoon 3 appearence with this alt color
692px-S3_Squid_Sisters_Models.png

callie would switch from pink to yellow while marie would have a slight outfit switch with her switching from black to white
callies ink color would be black while maries would be white

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Yeah I wanted to submit a Splatfest color but I had choice paralysis since they were all so good and then I found the Paris one. Figures that idols would also be masters of fashion.

And it's not only the first game Splatfests, but the third game brought them back as Splatfest hosts in the DLC City expansion pack, so they even have sets of 3 colors to match the three color choices as well.

1705168194917.png
1705168268924.png

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for the alternate colors for our Squid Sisters! I will be compiling our results and putting them into a list. In addition, I have been working on our Infinite wikia and adding in content to try and update characters. Specials for every newcomer are up but I am working on adding additional content along with Classic Mode and Costume/Colors in the character pages.

Here are the results of our costumes....

Festive Colors

Name5 points4 points3 points2 points1 pointtotal
Doomslayer1 (5)1 (4)3 ()91 (2)020
DJ Octavio2 (10)002 (4)115
Mega Man3 (15)2 (8)01 (2)227
Inkling1 (10)2 (8)02 (4)017
Gholdengo2 (10)03 (9)0120
Banjo & Kazooie0002 (4)04
Roy01 (4)2 (6)0111
Phoenix Wright02 (8)00210
Ness01 (4)1 (3)1 (2)110

Festive Costumes

Name5 points4 points3 points2 points1 pointtotal
Banjo-Kazooie2 (10)3 (12)01 (2)124
Doomslayer2 (10)01 (3)1 (2)014
Young Link1 (5)02 (6)2 (4)115
Wario02 (8)02 (4)012
Peach2 (10)02 (6)0016
Piranha Plant001 (3)1 (2)38
Lucas1 (5)02 (6)0213
Pokemon Trainer1 (5)4 (16)1 (3)0024
Mewtwo0002 (4)26

Doomslayer scored high in both categories but scored higher in terms of the Festive Colors so we will be awarding Doomslayer a color slot.

Nintendo 64 Colors:
  • Mega Man (27)
  • Gholdengo (20)
  • Doomslayer (20)
  • Inkling (17)
  • DJ Octavio (15)

Nintendo 64 Polygon Costumes
  • Banjo Kazooie (24)
  • Pokemon Trainer (24)
  • Peach (16)
  • Young Link (145)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here is our next set of jobs!

Submit a Theme Set for the Mii Fighters

Previously, we included elemental theme sets for the Mii Fighters which included fire, water, grass, earth, ice, wind, darkness, and light. This time, we are submitting a theme set to vote on to base a theme set to submit costumes for. The theme set should be expansive enough to warrant up to 3 individual sets for each of the Mii Costumes so a total of 30 costumes that is fairly simplistic and easy to develop.

Submit an Original Smash Dungeon

We will be submitting a Smash Dungeon that does not have any tie-in with a video game. This must be an original concept. Please indicate what enemies appear in this Dungeon.

Submit a Currency along with Flair
We will be submitting Currency along with Flair which includes an Item, Pal, and Effect. The currency must be affiliated in some way to Smash and can draw from elements found in each game. This cannot be from other universes, just Smash.

The Flair must come from first party games and must be based off gaming.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Theme Set for Mii Fighters: Electricity

yes,it's just this that i have,and i don't have any idea for oriinal smash dungeon
I mean, we already have an “electrical Mii costume” that was included in the elemental set. This is a rather redundant submission.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Mii Fighters Theme:
Haunting Time
All Mii Fighter sets will be based on ghosts and spirits.

Original Smash Dungeon:
1705191412432.png

Tokusatsu Dungeon
Taking place in a brightly-colored city with saturated colors and an 80's film filter, the Tokusatsu Dungeon is filled with enemies that fit the aesthetic of various tokusatsu monsters. For the gimmick of this dungeon, there are "Kaiju Sections" where the player grows to giant sizes and can pick up nearby buildings as crate-style items to throw at enemies.

Enemies:
Armight, Primid, Oni, Tengu, Zebesian Space Pirate, Tyranitar, M83 Predator Unit, Octo Troopers, The Cell, Minotaurus, Shell Chimeras, Egg Pawn, Mettaur, Medusa Head, Killing Machine, Mokujin/Tetsujin, Tyrant T-03, Wretched Lout, Flame Wheel, Beelzemon, Ogremon, Monzaemon, Atlanteans, Ameboid, Mars People, Darknut, Bonkers, Devil Car, Mecha Dragon

Currency:
1705191214883.png

Mini Trophy Stands

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here's my submissions

Smash Dungeon: Big World Dungeon
Players get transported to that where normal enemies are the size of elephants and the fauna are like skyscrapers. I will be posting enemies in a little bit.

Enemies:
Keep in mind these enemies are all super-sized.
Primid, Mizzo, Mites, Bytan, Boo, Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Virus, Fuzzie, Zubat, Gulpin, Duck, Monoeye, Mettaur, Moto Bug, Pixie, Slime, Jack Frost, Creeper, Pooka, Mars People)

Mii Theme: Lights, Camera, Action
Mii Costumes focuses on three different sets inspired by three movie categories: action, romance, and comedy.

Item: Beam Sword
Iconic and a beating stick.

Pal: Mite
Customize to change the color!

Effect: Colored Smoke
The colored smoke you see when you get launched.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be closing submissions for the Smash Dungeon, Currency, and Mii Costume Theme but will keep open Flair submissions.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1547_Alicefilm.jpg

Wonderland Dungeon
The book is in the public domain so figure this would be allowed. This dungeon would have weird twsting parts, parts where you turn small, faint musbrooms, an area th bed on the queen of arts with card puzzles, a tea party themed area, and more.area

Mii themes
Past\Present\Future

Currency
SSBU_spirit_Smash_Ball.png

Mini Smash Balls

Pet
144px-Towtow_-_Brawl_Trophy.png

Towtow

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Couple updates....
  • Squid Sister Colors have been determined. You can view them here.
  • I am updating the Wikia with a lot of content. Special moves are up but I am mostly focusing on characters. People are free to add to the Stage pages though. I have descriptions on the front page of both threads so copying and pasting it in the description section would be helpful. I can handle any particular formatting.
  • I am looking for someone to help manage the Trivia sections of the wikia as I am not good at Trivia.
  • We will be ending our One-Year Anniversary in a little bit. We will have several content to add but it requires a bit more work to plug into it. We should finish by next weekend.
In terms of what is left over....
  • Global Event in the Hub World
  • Online Tournament
  • Several more Mii Costumes
  • Several more surprises

Here are our submissions for the Currency, Mii Costume Theme, and Smash Dungeon in that order....

Theme Set for Mii Fighters: Electricity

yes,it's just this that i have,and i don't have any idea for oriinal smash dungeon
Mii Fighters Theme:
Haunting Time
All Mii Fighter sets will be based on ghosts and spirits.

Original Smash Dungeon:
View attachment 382967
Tokusatsu Dungeon
Taking place in a brightly-colored city with saturated colors and an 80's film filter, the Tokusatsu Dungeon is filled with enemies that fit the aesthetic of various tokusatsu monsters. For the gimmick of this dungeon, there are "Kaiju Sections" where the player grows to giant sizes and can pick up nearby buildings as crate-style items to throw at enemies.

Enemies:
Armight, Primid, Oni, Tengu, Zebesian Space Pirate, Tyranitar, M83 Predator Unit, Octo Troopers, The Cell, Minotaurus, Shell Chimeras, Egg Pawn, Mettaur, Medusa Head, Killing Machine, Mokujin/Tetsujin, Tyrant T-03, Wretched Lout, Flame Wheel, Beelzemon, Ogremon, Monzaemon, Atlanteans, Ameboid, Mars People, Darknut, Bonkers, Devil Car, Mecha Dragon

Currency:
View attachment 382966

Mini Trophy Stands
Currency

Smash Coins and Bills

Smash Coins from the Coin Battle Mode found throughout the Smash series.

View attachment 382973

Item

Smash Ball Replica

View attachment 382975

Pal

Mini Sandbag

View attachment 382976

Effect

Final Smash Glow

View attachment 382977
Here's my submissions

Smash Dungeon: Big World Dungeon
Players get transported to that where normal enemies are the size of elephants and the fauna are like skyscrapers. I will be posting enemies in a little bit.

Enemies: Keep in mind these enemies are all super-sized.
Primid, Mizzo, Mites, Bytan, Boo, Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Virus, Fuzzie, Zubat, Gulpin, Duck, Monoeye, Mettaur, Moto Bug, Pixie, Slime, Jack Frost, Creeper, Pooka, Mars People)

Mii Theme: Lights, Camera, Action
Mii Costumes focuses on three different sets inspired by three movie categories: action, romance, and comedy.

Item: Beam Sword
Iconic and a beating stick.

Pal: Mite
Customize to change the color!

Effect: Colored Smoke
The colored smoke you see when you get launched.
View attachment 382997
Wonderland Dungeon
The book is in the public domain so figure this would be allowed. This dungeon would have weird twsting parts, parts where you turn small, faint musbrooms, an area th bed on the queen of arts with card puzzles, a tea party themed area, and more.area

Mii themes
Past\Present\Future

Currency
View attachment 382979
Mini Smash Balls

Pet
View attachment 382998
Towtow
Currency:
  • Mini Trophy Stands
  • Smash Coins & Bills
  • Mini Smash Balls
Mii Costume Theme Sets
  • Electricity
  • Haunting
  • Movies Genres
Smash Dungeons
  • Tokusatsu Dungeon
  • Big World Dungeon
  • Wonderland Dungeon

PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be continuing to our next set of jobs. I am not sure if we will get any submissions for the top 2 which is fine as I have my own ideas but I am willing to bet we will have submissions for the other jobs....

Submit a Global Event for the Release of Squid Sisters

Our One-Year Festival lasts almost the entire month of November with Squid Sisters being released shortly after the event starts. That being said, we will be doing an event that incorporates their release somehow. Please keep in mind that, while characters ARE released during events, they are not unlocked unless certain obligations are achieved. This could mean any of the following: using real-world or in-game money to purchase them, completing an event, unlocking them through matches, etc. Using real-world money is the easiest way as they are super expensive with in-game money, and trying to unlock them via matches are 1 in 100,000 lol. The second easiest way is through the event. We have let to include this previously as Shantae was made available for purchase or through matches while the Mii Mage and Athlete was a free update. The Squid Sisters can be obtained by paying money, matches, or the event. For those who don't want to unlock the Squid Sisters using money, the next easiest step is through the Unlock Event.

This unlock event NEEDS to be difficult and centered around Spatoon in some way. The event will last roughly several days with the Squid Sisters made available in Mid-November.

Submit an Online Tournament for our One Year Festival

The theme of this Online Tournament is Smash Infinite Beyond. What would this tournament entail?

Submit a Stage from a First Party Franchise Represented by an OG Character

We are submitting stages from one of the OG franchises with those being....
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Donkey Kong
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Metroid
  • Star Fox
  • Yoshi
  • Pokemon
  • Earthbound
  • F-Zero
The stage must be from the Nintendo 64 to Gamecube era which also includes handheld [platforms which would be Gameboy to Gameboy Advance. This puts the games from 1996 to 2006. Stages who are from a current game that has a stage, like Mother 3, are permissible.

When submitting content, please provide:

• Name
  • Series and Game it appeared on
  • Appearance and layout
  • Mechanics
  • Hazards
  • Cameos
  • Omega/Battlefield Designs
This will be our last stage submission...

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Squid Sisters Event:
Great Fray Rainbow featuring the Squid Sisters!

A unique series of rhythm minigames based on Splatoon soundtracks. There are three to choose from based on difficulty:
  1. Easy: City of Color (Requires 5000 points to unlock Medium)
  2. Medium: Bomb Rush Blush (Requires 7500 points to unlock Hard)
  3. Hard: Calamari Inkantation
The way these are played is that you are on an idol stage while the song plays in the background, your character on the center. You use your inputs to your advantage (Barring some special inputs like Kazuya's Diagonal tilts or Ryu/Ken's FGC inputs) and input right on the beat. Your character will move around in their own way while performing. But once you complete all three of the above, all with Perfect Ratings, you'll unlock a secret fourth option:

Extreme: Great Fray Rainbow ft. the Squid Sisters!

An entirely unique song by the Squid Sisters, "Great Fray Rainbow" combines the upbeat idol rhythm the duo are known for with the triumphant and uplifting battle beats synonymous with Super Smash Bros. Score 15000 points on Great Fray Rainbow and you'll unlock one final fateful event: an Idol Duel with the Squid Sisters! Fighting the Squid Sisters is about as difficult as fighting Sephiroth normally, but your character gets buffs proportionate to the amount of points you gained from the previous 4 minigames. Defeat the Squid Sisters, and you'll permanently unlock them for your roster!

Online Tournament:
Live On Xbox!

The following fighters are allowed for this Tournament:
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Steve
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Doom Slayer
  • Master Chief
The following stages are only selectable:
  • Spiral Mountain
  • Blood Gulch
  • Minecraft World
  • N. Sanity Beach
  • Mars
  • Ancients Ascent

OG Character Stage:
1705278124876.png

Mario Toy Company

From Mario vs. Donkey Kong and its upcoming remake, the Mario Toy Company is the setting for the first world of the game. The stage layout consists of a large Kalos Pokemon League-style main platform in the center with two giant green platforms on the side. At some point in the fight, two buttons appear: one blue and one red. When hitting either button, platforms corresponding to that color will appear. Hitting the other button will switch them over. As an added bonus, Mario Toys will appear behind fighters dependent on the number of stocks they've taken. This is mainly an aesthetic choice.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Stage Submission

Mushroom Village (Mario)

1705299944629.png
Village Square in Mario Party Superstars

The setting of the very first Mario Party game, specifically the Hub world where you could choose which mode you wanted to play. The setting was so iconic that it was later brought back in Mario Party Superstars. The stage will travel to each of the locations in the picture, before then going down the pipe and starting back at the bridge in front. I specifically chose this because, first off it's strange we don't have a new Mario stage at all in Infinite Beyond despite having stages for Zelda, Kirby, and Pokemon. Second off, Mario Party is one of the most iconic Mario spinoffs after Mario Kart and it certainly deserves a stage since Mario Kart already has multiple, and what better option than the first game's iconic hub? Various Toads and other Mario species will wander in the background like in the second picture.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
This just barely counts, being a 2006 release, buuut...
Rosy Rupeeland

This stage takes place on the rupee tower, and has the castle from the game's title screen in the background - balloons fly in diagonally from the bottom of the screen, each with their own Tingle attached (referencing the title of Balloon Trip of Love, as well as Tingle being a species in the plot of Rosy Rupeeland), each balloon is a hard platform that you can pop, sending the Tingles flying into the ground or water of the tower - if they're lucky enough to land on another balloon or the edge of the tower, they'll fall off, which can sometime create a funny scenario where a Tingle is bouncing off of other Tingle's balloons like Pachinko. Each balloon that pops creates rupee items, which are essentially weak healing items (rupees are Tingle's life force in FPTRR) that bounce like stars. A hard floor can come out either or both sides of the Rupee Tower on some occasions, creating a walk-off and wall, and preventing Tingles from entering. Balloons can also reflect projectiles

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Mario's Artist Studio (Super Mario)

maxresdefault.jpg

There's not much content for the Nintendo 64DD so why don't we go with an obscurer Mario title for a stage based one of the original fighters? Basically, the fighters stand on a 64-bit stage that transports them to the various areas of the Mario Artist game. In the Paint Studio, they stand on a canvas where drawings are made of various characters seen in Super Smash Bros Infinite: Beyond. Watch out for the ink blobs coming! In the Talent Studio, you are in an animation studio where various images are placed as hazards as you are now on a movie screen. The communication kit area allows you to fight on the various postcards and designs used then to share with friends. Finally, the polygon studio allows for the fighters to stand on the 3D plane used to make 3D models in the game.

As described by IGN, Mario Artist was the "killer app" for the 64DD.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Man, I was going to submit Bomb-omb Battlefield but I am seeing a lot of Mario stage submissions that I am not sure if that is appropriate.

Rethinking my submission at the moment...

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, I got it.

Sprout Tower
Pokemon Gold & Silver

This was intended for Melee but it lines up with our content restrictions. This location lines up with our time requirements and is from Pokemon Gold and Silver. This is a traveling stage in the same vein as those like Rumble Falls and Icicle Mountain where it scrolls upwards. The stage will sway side to side slightly and players scramble up wooden platforms that seem to have been constructed for Smash rather than for monks worshipping the Almighty Bellsprout. There are about 10 floors that players have to get through which generally lasts 2:00 minutes. Finally, players find themselves at the top of Sprout Tower. The pagoda is roughly 100 feet tall so it overlooks Johto. In the background, players can see the Bell Tower and Burnt Tower. Mt. Pyre can be viewed from in the background as well along with forests. It seems this version of the stage is during a festival at night as paper lanterns are hanging everywhere with crowds of people in the background milling about. In fact, the interior of the tower also has a warm, red glow.

As players move upwards, Bellsrpouts can be seen dancing about on the flowers as well as Weepingbells and even a Victreebell. Finally, upon arriving at the top, players may even see Ho-oh in the background where it will perch upon the Bell Tower. This also means Ho-oh as a Pokeball Pokemon cannot be summoned. In addition, Bellsrpout dances on the roof with occasional Crobats and Noctowls flying in the distance.

I based this submission loosely on the Johto: Bell Tower stage mod.

Last edited:
Top Bottom