• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Job #201: Tsubasa Oribe from Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Tsubasa_Neutral.png

"Kowa****ai daijisou ni kakaeta watashi o zenbu~!"

Debuting in the spin-off Fire Emblem title Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE with an appearance in Fire Emblem Heroes, the shining idol of Fortuna Entertainment joins the fray of Super Smash Bros.!

You might be asking yourself "What the heck is a Tokyo Murder Session Hashtage F.E.?" Well luckily for you, I'm here to tell you all about it.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions was conceived when there was an idea to bring a group of remarkably talented people so when the world needed an epic crossover, they could bring the worlds of medieval tactical RPG Fire Emblem together with the post-apocalyptic wastes of Shin Megami Tensei, one of Atlus' flagship franchises.

So when people were hooked on the idea of the two series' crossing over, Nintendo and Atlus got together to create... Idol Persona. Okay yeah so the game was nothing like what was promised from the teaser of having the characters of FE and SMT combine. This atop of being a Wii U game amidst censorship issues across the seas.

In fact, the most the game features from FE are a few characters appearing as villains and "Mirages," Persona-like allies to the people of Fortuna Entertainment but I can explain more of that later. The game uses a combat system very similar to the SMT games including a lot of their spells and a modified press turn combat system.

Who is Tsubasa Oribe?

While Tsubasa Oribe is not the main protagonist of her game, that title belonging to Itsuki Aoi. However, as evident by Min Min, Pyra/Mythra and Kazuya, that's not a necessity. In fact, she is the only character from TMS with a spirit in Ultimate.

She is an aspiring idol who ends up getting sucked into a strange dimension where she encounters hostile enemies called Mirages. However, she and her partner Itsuki are able to break free a Mirage from its spell and ally with them. While Itsuki allied with Chrom, Tsubasa allied herself with Caeda. Similarly to Joker, she'd have Caeda fighting by her side like Arsene.

Caeda is a pegasus knight in her home game and she shares this ability with Tsubasa from time to time. Additionally, Tsubasa would be a lance user focusing in straight precise hits over overarching swings. Additionally, she would be the only Fire Emblem character at this point to-

-NOT USE A SWORD.

I mean come on, that's gotta be worth something, right? Additionally, Tsubasa Oribe represents an aspect of Fire Emblem that hasn't been yet, the spin-offs for as little as there are.

So to conclude, Tsubasa Oribe would be an awesome new addition to Smash for bringing new aspects on all fronts to the Fire Emblem series. And if you're questioning her legitimacy as a Fire Emblem character, her spirit uses the Fire Emblem series logo. She also has appeared as a playable unit in Fire Emblem: Heroes, the other Fire Emblem spin-off game currently downloadable on the app store.4

Tsuabasa supremacy is eternal.

Appears in Tokyo Mirage Session #FE

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job #161: Tsubasa Oribe from Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

View attachment 335770

"Kowa****ai daijisou ni kakaeta watashi o zenbu~!"

Debuting in the spin-off Fire Emblem title Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE with an appearance in Fire Emblem Heroes, the shining idol of Fortuna Entertainment joins the fray of Super Smash Bros.!

You might be asking yourself "What the heck is a Tokyo Murder Session Hashtage F.E.?" Well luckily for you, I'm here to tell you all about it.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions was conceived when there was an idea to bring a group of remarkably talented people so when the world needed an epic crossover, they could bring the worlds of medieval tactical RPG Fire Emblem together with the post-apocalyptic wastes of Shin Megami Tensei, one of Atlus' flagship franchises.

So when people were hooked on the idea of the two series' crossing over, Nintendo and Atlus got together to create... Idol Persona. Okay yeah so the game was nothing like what was promised from the teaser of having the characters of FE and SMT combine. This atop of being a Wii U game amidst censorship issues across the seas.

In fact, the most the game features from FE are a few characters appearing as villains and "Mirages," Persona-like allies to the people of Fortuna Entertainment but I can explain more of that later. The game uses a combat system very similar to the SMT games including a lot of their spells and a modified press turn combat system.

Who is Tsubasa Oribe?

While Tsubasa Oribe is not the main protagonist of her game, that title belonging to Itsuki Aoi. However, as evident by Min Min, Pyra/Mythra and Kazuya, that's not a necessity. In fact, she is the only character from TMS with a spirit in Ultimate.

She is an aspiring idol who ends up getting sucked into a strange dimension where she encounters hostile enemies called Mirages. However, she and her partner Itsuki are able to break free a Mirage from its spell and ally with them. While Itsuki allied with Chrom, Tsubasa allied herself with Caeda. Similarly to Joker, she'd have Caeda fighting by her side like Arsene.

Caeda is a pegasus knight in her home game and she shares this ability with Tsubasa from time to time. Additionally, Tsubasa would be a lance user focusing in straight precise hits over overarching swings. Additionally, she would be the only Fire Emblem character at this point to-

-NOT USE A SWORD.

I mean come on, that's gotta be worth something, right? Additionally, Tsubasa Oribe represents an aspect of Fire Emblem that hasn't been yet, the spin-offs for as little as there are.

So to conclude, Tsubasa Oribe would be an awesome new addition to Smash for bringing new aspects on all fronts to the Fire Emblem series. And if you're questioning her legitimacy as a Fire Emblem character, her spirit uses the Fire Emblem series logo. She also has appeared as a playable unit in Fire Emblem: Heroes, the other Fire Emblem spin-off game currently downloadable on the app store.4

Tsuabasa supremacy is eternal.

Appears in Tokyo Mirage Session #FE
Ah yes, Atlus's take on a Kingdom Hearts-style crossover.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
For the (likely) last time, I am resubmitting Edelgard:

I'm probably gonna get some flack for this, but here goes:

Character 1
Edelgard von Hresvelg
View attachment 298495

Now before you mention it, yes, she is "aNotHur Fiy Emblerm rep", but HEAR ME OUT. Edelgard's signature weapon is not a sword, but rather, an axe. For those not paying attention, axes are a bit underutilised in Smash. This would make her a slow yet powerful character to play as. Think Byleth, except the only weapon they can use is the axe.

As for why Edelgard? Well, like it or not, Fire Emblem is considered one of Nintendo's main franchises, with Three Houses being a massive success. With it, Edelgard has quickly become one of the most popular characters in the series, due to her complex nature and motives. I feel like if Three Houses were to get a second rep, it should be her.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Job 201: Fiya Emburem

Fjorm: Princess of Ice

943AAAEA-0812-4C29-9398-C003FA49D4CB.jpeg

Introduction:
Fjorm is a character that first appeared in Fire Emblem: Heroes. Appearing first in Book II of the story, Fjorm is the Princess of Nifl, the realm of ice and a neighbouring realm to Askr. In Book II, it is revealed that Nifl is under attack by Muspell and its general, Surtr. Fjorm, with the help of Alfonse, Sharena, Anna and the Summoner, defeats the tiran king and restores peace to Nifl at the cost of having sacrificed her life to Nifl, the Ice Goddess and protector of the kingdom of Nifl.

Fjorm’s story is revisited in the Tempest Trials series Ice and Flame. In this series of events, Fjorm’a debt to the Ice God Nifl is not paid with her life. Instead, Nifl enlists her to defeat the Flame God, Muspell as her Champion.

Why should Fire Emblem’s latest be from Fire Emblem: Heroes?
Fire Emblem: Heroes is a massively succesful mobile game, being the highest grossing mobile title Nintendo has put out by a mile. Said mobile endeavors are not represented by a character yet. Furthermore, Fire Emblem: Heroes is the latest Fire Emblem title so far and is still active.

Why should Fjorm be the Heroes rep?
While it is true that Fire Emblem Heroes in itself has a rotating cast of original characters, none are so beloved as Fjorm. Fjorm has received more in-game alts than any Fire Emblem Heroes original yet, and the Ice and Flame Tempest Trials is the only time a book’s story is revisited after the book is closed. Fjorm as a character has received a push by Nintendo as well, with both a music video and a chibi-style recap of the story of Book II.

Fjorm can thus act as the rep for Heroes, as Kiran has only recently been fleshed out as a character and the Askr Trio of Alfonse, Sharena and Anna are equal in prominence. Out of those, Alfonse exclusively uses a sword, whereas Fjorm has a lance and ice magic under her belt, as well as a canonical Ascendant form that uses an axe.

What can Fjorm offer?
As said before, Fjorm uses a lance named Leiptr. In-game, it’s a lance that can counter from any distance. Supplemented with ice magic, Fjorm has a defensive playstyle centered on countering the opponent. Ice Mirror, her exclusive special, reduces damage from magic attacks and retaliates based on the amount of damage she has taken.

Her Ascendant Form takes this playstyle to the next level. In this armored form with more stats, she can use her axe, Nifl’s Bite, to retaliate regardless of skills the opponents has, and can catch blows meant for the opponent with her Save skill.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Could you elaborate? I probably won't be a regular, but I'd still like to check in from time to time.
The idea is that instead of voting on stuff like characters and stages, it would instead be on stuff like the setting, the map, the civilizations, the creatures, etc. It's super WIP and I'm still gauging interest (And seeing if it's something I'll keep interest in and not just a fleeting idea), but I'm curious as to what might come out of it.

Anyways, uh

Fire Emblem

Yes. I'll whip something up eventually.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
The idea is that instead of voting on stuff like characters and stages, it would instead be on stuff like the setting, the map, the civilizations, the creatures, etc. It's super WIP and I'm still gauging interest (And seeing if it's something I'll keep interest in and not just a fleeting idea), but I'm curious as to what might come out of it.

Anyways, uh

Fire Emblem

Sorry, whips aren't a weapon type.

Yiptap

Smash Lord

Anyways, uh

Fire Emblem

Okay, I'm definitely checking this out.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 201

Tiki

Tiki is a recurring character in Fire Emblem appearing all the way back in the first game and has appeared in Fire Emblem Awakening, The Remake of Shadow Dragon, Tokyo Mirage sessions, Project X Zone 2, Dragalia Lost and FE Heroes. Tiki is a Manakete, which means she can shapeshift into a dragon. That fact can add a new playstyle not yet seen in smash and that is a Shapeshifter. This one idea has a lot of potential, she could use her Dragonstone like a dagger, similarly to how it's used in Warriors, She can use weapons she's had in Fire Emblem heroes or even use dragon magic outside of her dragon form.

Why should we go with Tiki?: Well with her status as an assist trophy people who are not necessarily into fire emblem are somewhat familiar with her. She tends to be a crossover darling with her appearances in TMS and PxZ. and the concept of a Shapeshifter fighter is interesting and has a lot
of potential.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The Gospel of Duma: The case for why Jedah should be added to Smash.

Here we are, the dreaded Fire Emblem round (or not, I’m typing this up in advance). The people have resigned themselves to voting for a realistically proportioned anime character with blue hair and a bladed weapon. Praise, for lord Duma has offered a gift to save us from this! I introduce you, to Jedah!

Those of you who do not play Fire Emblem might not recognize this man. Even those who do might not. Many mistakenly assume I am referring to the Jedah from the Darkstalkers series. Allow me to fix this problem, by systematically explaining why Jedah is the best choice for the ninth Fire Emblem character.

#1: Who is Jedah?

Jedah is the main antagonist of Fire Emblem Gaiden, and it’s remake Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. He’s the head priest of the Duma Faithful, a church dedicated to the worship of one of the two gods of the continent of Valentia, Duma. Duma (and his sister, Mila) are dragons, and are succumbing to madness, but Jedah has a plan to alleviate his madness. Jedah stormed the Temple of Mila, sealed the goddess via the sword Falchion (not Marth and Chrom’s Falchion, but a sister blade), and hides the corpse in the depths of Duma Tower. Without Mila’s influence, crops get worse and worse. Somewhere around here, Jedah sacrifices the souls of two of his three daughters to eternal servitude to Duma, and the third wasn’t spared intentionally..

Jedah seeks out Princess Celica, who herself was searching for Mila (Jedah's scheme was hardly common knowledge). Jedah convinced her to sacrifice her soul to save both of the gods, in reality, he had no plans of saving Mila, revealing the goddess's body only after it was too late. Alm finds Mila a corpse, Celica a puppet, and Jedah having essentially won. Obviously, various Dues Ex Machinas happen to ensure a happy ending, but Jedah’s scheme was well executed and almost worked.

#2: Why Jedah?

Gaiden/Echoes is easily the second most important Fire Emblem game to not have a playable character in Smash brothers. I will admit that FE7, as the game to introduce the series to western audiences, outshines it in that aspect. But unlike FE7, which at least has an Assist Trophy (and Roy as a direct link to that game), there’s a painful lack of Valentian content in Smash. There was a new remix in Brawl and Smash 4 each, but in Ultimate (right after it got a shiny new remake)? Basically nothing. A handful of ported tunes and a shared Alm and Celica spirit is all the game got in Ultimate. I’d argue Genealogy got the better deal, at least there was a new remix and multiple spirits for it.

OK, let’s hypothetically say that we had a Valentian character confirmed for Smash. The obvious first choice is to go with the main character, but here’s the problem with that: there’s more than one main character. Alm and Celica are of equal prominence, you can’t really choose one over the other. Neither have particularly intresting moveset potential either. Why not go with the villain, then? Jedah is a bit more prominent in the Celica side of the story, but he still plays a key role for both of them. And while some might be opposed to having a side character before a main one, I feel the sheer number of Fire Emblem heroes already present in the game makes up for it

#3: What could Jedah do?

Ok, by now you have most assuredly been convinced that Jedah is the most deserving character from the FE series by far. Some naysayers, their mind consumed by ideas of inferior characters, might be saying “but would Jedah have a unique moveset?”. And to that, I have one word… yes.

Do not worry, for Jedah has never once held anything resembling a sword in his hand. He is a mage, a trope that Smash is severely lacking in: Magicians. There are only a handful of characters who use magic in Smash, and none that use it like Jedah would. The two that come closest are Zelda and Palutena. Unlike those two, Jedah would use black magic instead of light, and would channel it into projectile attacks instead of close range buffs to hand to hand blows.
He also would have a mechanic only prominently featured on one character on the Smash roster: Self damage. Instead of tomes being breakable like in most games in the series, Valentian magic can theoretically be used infinitely… but at the cost of damage to the castor. Jedah would have incredibly powerful spells, one of the strongest zoners on the roster, but they slowly take their toll on him. Jedah’s defensive stats wouldn’t be all that grand, and would be rather slow on account of being one hundred and forty seven years old. A few good hits, once the opponent gets past the spells that Jedah cast, will find him down a stock. This is quite similar to how Cantors, a generic type of enemy that Jedah is similar to, functioned in the Valentian games. They’re tricky to deal with, not because they’re all that strong but because they summon more minions for you to deal with, plus the fact that they can self heal. I’ve made my own Jedah moveset, the link is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BpKEueZyTYKvy2J7grzAX9Jx4l3WPMO8pt19eWeskZo/edit?usp=sharing

(one part of Jedah that would not make it into Smash would be the fact that only one hit out of four on him would do anything. That would be atrocious, though perhaps an event battle could use that…)

#4: Other things

In essays in school, I always have to summarize at the end, and i put more effort into this than an actual school project. Here’s the cliffnotes as to why Jedah should be added.
  • Gaiden/Echoes are one of the most important and popular games in the series, but with little in the way of Smash content.
  • Alm and Celica share importance, picking one over the other would be difficult.
  • Jedah would be a much needed Fire Emblem villain
  • He has moveset potential through the roof.

A few miscellaneous statements...
For starters, if we get Jedah then that means we get Twilight of the Gods, a fantastic piece of music that’s exclusion from Ultimate haunts me to this day (there was even a fake leak that claimed it was getting a new remix, why does one do this unless their soul is even crueler than Jedah’s).

The side content that Jedah could bring… Duma Tower or Thabes’ Lab from Valentia seem like the best stage choices. Rudolf seems like a good choice for an Assist Trophy, mounted units have no representation in Smash and he’s the secondary villain.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Finally, Fire Emblem is here and i'm ready to submit one of my favorite female characters for this game, Tiki....Wait, she was already submitted? Cool.

Welp, time to wait for Anna.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Toon Link Alt: Ravio (Pink)

Toon Link's Hat and Tunic would gain the pinkish purple color, the brim of the hat would become Yellow, The belt buckle would become green, and his boots and hair would become black.

It would be similar to this render, although without the scarf and ears, and with a lighter pinkish color.

Also resubmitting Alpha's Leon alt for Wolf.​

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I've had this writeup prepared for quite some time.
Oliver
Much like many other Smash fans, I don't know much about Fire Emblem - but I do have a good enough grasp on Google to search "fire emblem ugly characters", and frankly after glancing over his face on Google Images I think Oliver has a lot going for him. I guess I could call him a "Fire Emblem character for people who hate Fire Emblem". Not an effeminate twink with blue hair nor a skimpily dressed waifu, Oliver would prove many of the Smash fandom's (justifiable) generalisations about FE wrong - a fat, greedy anti-hero who's balding, bares a stunning moustache, and has ties to slave labour.

A cowardly bishop who values beauty above all, Oliver's personality would be unique not just for FE but Smash in general as we have yet to see a truly cowardly Smash fighter. His skills are Shove (push the enemy away one tile) and Corona. (reduce enemies' damage output) He has two weapons: Light Magic and a Staff, his starting spell is Nosferatu, which Robin already uses but we could create a new Oliver-specific version of, and his starting weapon is the Silence staff which can make his enemies inable to use magic - perhaps a Smash equivalent could be disabling special moves?

Although I don't believe Oliver has a Spirit in Smash Ultimate, he does have a history with Smash due to his theme song (Power-Hungry Fool) having been a series staple since Brawl. As an unpopular character with a pathetic history in FE:H's voting events Oliver would shock even those anticipating or wanting a new FE rep, and his more Scrimblo-ey personality could certainly win over at least some non-fans of FE.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Leonie (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)

View attachment 335775

Technically not a swordfighter, we should add her in the name of tomboy supremacy
Based
Oliver
Much like many other Smash fans, I don't know much about Fire Emblem - but I do have a good enough grasp on Google to search "fire emblem ugly characters", and frankly after glancing over his face on Google Images I think Oliver has a lot going for him. I guess I could call him a "Fire Emblem character for people who hate Fire Emblem". Not an effeminate twink with blue hair nor a skimpily dressed waifu, Oliver would prove many of the Smash fandom's (justifiable) generalisations about FE wrong - a fat, greedy anti-hero who's balding, bares a stunning moustache, and has ties to slave labour.

A cowardly bishop who values beauty above all, Oliver's personality would be unique not just for FE but Smash in general as we have yet to see a truly cowardly Smash fighter. His skills are Shove (push the enemy away one tile) and Corona. (reduce enemies' damage output) He has two weapons: Light Magic and a Staff, his starting spell is Nosferatu, which Robin already uses but we could create a new Oliver-specific version of, and his starting weapon is the Silence staff which can make his enemies inable to use magic - perhaps a Smash equivalent could be disabling special moves?

Although I don't believe Oliver has a Spirit in Smash Ultimate, he does have a history with Smash due to his theme song (Power-Hungry Fool) having been a series staple since Brawl. As an unpopular character with a pathetic history in FE:H's voting events Oliver would shock even those anticipating or wanting a new FE rep, and his more Scrimblo-ey personality could certainly win over at least some non-fans of FE.
You didn't even show my man in all of his glory

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Job 201: Celica

1635231921787.png

People liked Echoes, right?

Celica's got the advantage of having both magic and a sword, though unlike Robin, her spells are more limited, her swordplay more graceful - she could be Robin, but infinitely less terrible!*

*Tier wise.

Plus she's cute as a button, and we love our waifus here, right? She's half the main duo of Echoes. Alm could join her in her FS and victory animations.

I dunno much about FE, but I like her design a lot.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
I know there are some people that don't read (though I'd like to think most do, it's how I believe Iori actually won this prompt), so for those wondering how we're planning to tackle KOF and Iori content your answers will most likely have already been answered in the Iori Bible (quoted below). This includes stuff as the KoF symbol we're going to use for the universe, what the distinction between Fatal Fury and KoF is, what gimmicks Iori would probably use as a fighting game character in Smash, different alternate costume possibilities, and many more. I actually spent a lot of time on this so it does feel a bit rude whenever someone asks a question I've already laid the time out to preface.

View attachment 335596Job 200View attachment 335597
Iori Yagami The King of Fighters

View attachment 335570
"Asobi wa owari da!"/"Playtime is over!"
Introduction – Who is this dude and where does he come from?
As many of you may know, Iori Yagami is a character from the highly acclaimed Fighting Game series: The King of Fighters. A series that has not only left its huge permanent mark on the Fighting Game genre in its whole, but is also still running to this day and experiencing a new resurgence of popularity. Iori himself originated from the 2nd game in the series, The King of Fighters ‘95, one of the games that Sakurai credits as the primary inspiration of the Super Smash Bros franchise.

In KoF ‘95 he started as part of the Rival Team, along with team members Billy Kane and Eiji Kisaragi, who got access to the KOF tournament by… stealing the invitation of the USA Sport Team. Anyways, ever since Iori’s inclusion, Team Rivals has been a reoccurring team in the series with a different set of characters most of the time. As the name implies, this team is created to act as rivals of the Hero Team, or against a set of specific characters. The team is composed, of the most part, of characters who are important to the current story arc or the series in general. In KoF ’95 all characters of Team Rivals served as the respective rival of a major SNK protagonist; Billy Kane hailing from the Fatal Fury franchise served as Terry Bogard’s rival, Eiji Kisaragi from Art of Fighting served as Ryo Sakazaki’s rival and Iori served as Kyo’s rival, who are both major characters made exclusively for the King of Fighters. And ever since that game, a hot-blooded rivalry has started to scorch the arcades…

View attachment 335573
The aforementioned Rival Team from KoF '95. With Eiji, Iori and Billy from left to right.

Though that's not to say that this was Iori's definitive team, his most reoccuring team has been that with Mature and Vice, who are 2 souls that have been haunting him ever since Iori murdered them in KoF '96 when he was possesed by Orochi's curse, the Riot of the Blood. They like to accompany him in KoF tournaments since they are not only binded to Iori, but also because they have great interest in the boy. As within Iori's veins runs the blood of Orochi, a deity both of the women serve.

Iori is the heir of one of three clans that sealed the legendary snake Orochi 1800 years ago, the two other clans being the Kusanagi clan and the other the Yata clan, His clan, just like Kyo’s clan, are wielders of pyrokinetic powers. Though in contemporary life, Iori, As the current heir of his clan, it is his job along with the other heirs, Kyo and Chizuru, to keep Orochi sealed. For those unaware, Orochi is one of the primary antagonists of the King of Fighters series. It is a godlike powerful being that can take on many forms and has appeared in many reincarnations throughout time, though within the King of Fighters games it uses the body of one their followers, a boy named Chris, as a shell and takes the appearance of a young white-haired man. Orochi serves Gaia, Mother Earth, by all costs. It shows no mercy to humans and plans to exact revenge on the human race for its sins performed to nature and Earth. So yeah, this series goes beyond the typical tournament arc trope, and keep in mind this is only somewhat a quick summary of the overarching plot of the franchise, the KoF story goes places lemme tell you.
View attachment 335575
Team Yagami, Iori's most reocurring Team. Vice, Iori and Mature from left to right.

But well, back to Iori. Let’s answer some crucial questions, shall we?
The King of Fighters? We already have Terry! What’s the difference?
As much as appearances would like to convince you that they’re one and the same, it isn’t really the case. You see SNK started their venture within the Fighting Game genre back 1991 with the first ever Fatal Fury, and then, after it, proceeded to make a prequel-series called Art of Fighting starring Ryo Sakazaki. They’ve made both of these series cross over in Fatal Fury Special through a so-called “Dream Match” between Ryo and Terry. A "Dream Match" refers to matches that have little or no canon story and are purely there for the sake of crossing over, like Smash! Even dead characters may return to fight for the delight of fans in these Dream Matches. This battle between Ryo and Terry in Fatal Fury Special was the first fighting game crossover ever, and thus they’ve decided to do more and largen the scope of series crossing over. And just like that the King of Fighters series has been born, which consists of SNK series like Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Ikari and Psycho Soldier through characters and Metal Slug and Top Hunter through cameos and stages. Though most of the cast consists of original characters, and credit where credit is due, these characters are probably the most popular ones SNK has ever designed. And much like Smash Bros, the series has its own timeline. Just like how nothing in Smash is canon to the Mario Universe, Everything that happens in KoF is isolated within that universe. So yes, the King of Fighters would also require its own symbol, as putting the series under Fatal Fury is the same thing as putting the Kingdom Hearts series under Final Fantasy.

View attachment 335578
A King of Fighters symbol made for Smash, taken from the iconic "F" you see in most KoF logos

And this is where Iori comes in, he is an original character designed to be Kyo’s rival all the way back in the King of Fighters ’95. Funnily enough, this is the specific game that Sakurai has credited as one of the inspirations of Smash Brothers, as the King of Fighters is a crossover game for SNK, just like how Smash Bros started out as a crossover game for Nintendo. Not only that, but several mechanics from Smash originated and are clearly inspired from this series,

View attachment 335577
the cast of the King of Fighters '94, the first game in the long-running series.

Now let's talk Gameplay, The King of Fighters is very fundamentally different from Fatal Fury. Fatal Fury moreso fights like Street Fighter 2 but with multiple lanes (well, in most games at least) and with a bigger emphasis on special and super moves (hence Terry’s GO! Mechanic in Smash) whereas the King of Fighters? Ooh boy, there’s a reason why most people credit this series as the true ancestor to the contemporary Anime Fighters like Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. The King of Fighters series is mechanically quite complicated, as there is a bigger focus on jumping (to give you an idea, the games feature 4 different ways to jump: Hyper Hops, Normal Hops, Normal Jumps and Super Jumps), all characters also have a MAX Mode they can get into by sacrificing one or multiple stock of their super meter (called a "Stock Meter" in the KoF series), this is a mode where the character start glowing yellow and becomes stronger, special moves can be canceled into another move which allows longer lasting combos that would normally not be possible, and in some games the character’s Super Desperation Moves are locked behind MAX Mode. Talking about supers, another unique thing are the amount of supers KOF characters have, there are quite a lot. If the amount of stocks allows it, they would be able to perform Supers ranging from Desperation Moves to Super Desperation Moves all the way to Hidden Super Desperation Moves. So yeah, a KOF rep would bring tons of stuff over to the table, and depending how we go about it, we can put so many mechanics into one.

As Terry represents Fatal Fury and SNK’s first venture into the fighting game scene, having a proper KoF rep would represent SNK’s biggest series, the monolith known as the King of Fighters. One of the series that has inspired Sakurai to make Smash, the game we’re currently developing! This representative would fill in as our Fighting Game rep of this base game, and why not expand the SNK library in that case? And hey, all major third parties in Smash at the moment, safe for SNK, have two or more representatives (Except Disney, I guess). Hopefully I’ve been able to convince you on the idea of a KoF rep, but maybe you might have another important question.
Why not Kyo? Isn’t he the primary protagonist of the series?
True! Kyo is indeed the first and one of the primary protagonists of the King of Fighters series. Though that’s not to say that he’s the only protagonist of the series. To understand this, it’s crucial to give you a bit of insight as to how this series is built story-wise. As of right now, the King of Fighters consists of 4 sagas. Those being the Orochi Saga (’94-’98), NESTS Saga (’99-2002), Tales of Ash Saga (2003-XIII) and the current Saga which is still nameless as of yet (XIV - ???). Each and every saga has their own primary protagonist, or in some cases, multiple protagonists. The current Saga spearheads Shun’ei as its main protagonist, Tales of Ash had the titular Ash Crimson as its primary protagonist with Elizabeth arguably being a second Protagonist of that Saga, NESTS had the awesome and badass K’ (and if it were up to me and my bias alone, he would be the perfect KOF rep) and Kula, and the Orochi Saga had both Kyo and Iori.

The most notable KoF protagonists up until XIV. From left to right: Kyo, Iori, Ash, Kula, K'.

So yes, while Kyo is undoubtedly the face of the franchise, he’s definitely not alone. Because Kyo and Iori are the only protagonists, and also one of the few characters in general, who have appeared in every King of Fighters game ever since their inception. Though while Iori Yagami made his entrance in King of Fighters history in its second game, King of Fighters '95, he hasn't missed a single game ever since. If that isn’t enough to put these two characters as equals to you. Then let me present you the fact that very often, if not always, Iori is seen next to Kyo in promotional material even outside of their own Saga. Even with their positions replaced as protagonists, their faces are still there to be seen in the covers of recent KOF games. Well, outside of the NESTS ones that is, as SNK (& Eolith) were really pushing for K’ to be the next protagonist of the series.

So now that we’ve established that Kyo and Iori are of equal footing, why should we pick Iori above Kyo? Well, let me present some points.
  • He is a fan favorite: Both Kyo and Iori have always competed for the number 1 spot in official popularity polls, with one slightly edging out the other each time. Though a recent official poll for KOF XIV conducted by the community manager of SNK has revealed that Iori has beaten Kyo quite badly. With the former coming in fourth, and the latter being all the way at 11th
  • Sakurai clearly loves him: It’s no secret that the King of Fighters is a favorite of Sakurai. And it’s also no secret that Iori holds a soft spot for Sakurai as well. Remember this little quote (pictured below)? Honestly with Sakurai’s popular anecdote on KOF ’95 (the game where Iori debuted), he explicitly stated that he played the most as Ryo, but with KOF being a 3vs3 team-based fighter and with him fanboying over Iori, it wouldn’t surprise me if he was one of Sakurai’s mains as well. In Terry's trailer, he was the last one to miss the envelope, which could possibly mean he was the closest to getting in after Terry. So let's give him that sweet justice now.
  • Left-Field Factor: SNK characters don’t really get taken seriously within the world of Smash speculation. Most people already see Terry as an all-encompassing SNK rep. But when people do consider other characters, the frontrunners have always been Nakoruru as a Samurai Shodown rep (too bad she has been disqualified due to the inclusion of Takamaru), another Fatal Fury rep in the form of Geese or Rock Howard, and Kyo as a KOF representative… and sometimes Shun’ei. Iori doesn’t really get brought up often, and when he does people mention his underdog status within the speculation scene, like this well written article from not-so-long-ago here. So yes, Iori would indeed be one way to shatter expectations, as SNK fans tend to say.
  • He is visually more interesting: Alright, I love Kyo a lot, he’s one of my favorite fictional characters ever. But as far as looks are concerned, the dude relatively looks like a normal High Schooler when put next to most SNK characters, and especially next to Iori. Western fans that might not be aware, might just dismiss him as another brawler boy, all the while Iori’s visual design invites you to know more of the character. Iori would surely stand out among the Asian-looking fighting game characters like Ryu and Kazuya and the American-inspired Terry and Ken. Iori’s design was a hit when it came out, and it still works today. There are also some designs to pick & choose from as alts.

Possible alternate costumes for Iori.
  • Morally ambiguous character? Hell yeah: Iori isn’t necessarily a villain, but he’s not a good guy either. He is moreso a Rival character, like Gary Oak or Meta Knight. You see, the dude hates Kyo a lot due to an ancestral grudge, and really wants him dead (or so he says, he’s most likely just exaggerating). Though if both Kyo and Iori have a common goal, which is defeating and sealing Orochi most of the time, he’s able to settle aside his differences and work with him. It does need a lot of convincing from Chizuru however. Just like when Kazuya entered the fray, having a morally ambiguous character is always a treat.​
Now that I hope you can see why putting in Iori over Kyo (or any other KoF character) makes sense, you might have another very important question...

So what are we gonna do with Terry and the KOF Stadium if Iori gets in?
There’s a quite simple answer for that. It’s fairly obvious the KoF Stadium does a more proper job representing the King of Fighters franchise than Fatal Fury. So I advise that instead of giving another KoF stage to Iori, we just give a Fatal Fury stage to Terry. Or else the man would quite literally be homeless. I’ve done a post on this not long ago and I don’t really want to repeat myself, or else this already long submission post would only be longer aaa, so here it is.

As for the music? Well, all Fatal Fury tracks (and mayybe the Art of Fighting ones too, given they’re canonically linked) would be under the Fatal Fury series. Whereas all the other SNK tracks would still be playable on the KOF Stadium, to reference the fact that it’s a crossover.

Talking about music. Even if only confined to KOF, the music library is straight up baller. Here are some of my favorites that haven’t made it in Smash yet. Granted most of these are Arranged tracks, which SNK don’t fully own (which is also the reason why you didn’t see them in Ultimate), but they serve as an amazing point of reference for hypothetical remixes. Yeah, I know, we already got tons of tracks, but there's just too much good stuff left untouched!

Last Words
I hope this was enough to convince you. This is a big post I know, but this dude deserves it. There's still tons of stuff I haven't delved into, but I don't really want this to get any longer. Although I do want to post the amazing lyrics of the KoF '98 intro.

It all began in '94, kept on rolling in '95, pieces were in place in '96, it came to an end in '97. Now, here it comes and here we go. KOF is here again. Nothing's gonna stop, its 1998.

Though now that's over with, I think it's my turn to finally say this, but LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
I'm super stoked, Iori's the character I wanted the most in here and I'm glad to finally see him have his deserved inclusion. He was so close to getting that invitation in Terry's trailer. He finally got one now though! Man, I can't wait till we craft that trailer. In fact, I am crafting his moveset as we speak. A very big shoutout to airConditioner airConditioner , Krookodilian Krookodilian , tonygameman tonygameman and Speed Weed Speed Weed as fellow Iori supporters during all this time.

As for Fire Emblem, I don't know squat about this franchise, this is airConditioner's field of expertise, but I've been enjoying the submissions so far and am looking forward to more.

ioriani.gif

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
I was originally going to submit my favorite lords, Eirika and Ephraim as a duo unit, but seeing as we already have a good amount of two-in-ones in Infinite as well as completely forgetting how I was originally going to have them work, I decided to go for my other choice.

Sigurd: The Holy Knight

First Appearance: Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (1995, Super Famicom)
Latest Appearance: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (2018, Nintendo Switch)

Genealogy of the Holy War
Released on the Super Famicom in 1995, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War is the fourth installment of the Fire Emblem series. Genealogy of the Holy War, or FE4 (which I will refer to it as from hereon out) set many standards and broke many boundaries for the franchise. The first, and honestly one of the most important, is that it is the first game to not take place in the Archanea saga. Unlike FE1 and FE3 (Marth's starring roles) and FE2 (Alm's & Celica's) before it, FE4 takes place in a new setting, that being the continent of Jugdral. The Jugdral saga consists of two games: Genealogy of the Holy War and its midquel, Thracia 776. Moving on from lore to gameplay: Genealogy of the Holy War is the first game to implement the Weapon Triangle, which has since been a staple element of the Fire Emblem series since. This mechanism is pretty self explanatory: the two types of attacks (weapons and magic) are split into triangles. These triangles dictate what weapon or what type of magic (though the magic triangle has effectively been phased out after Radiant Dawn) is effective against another. Another key element of the Fire Emblem series introduced in FE4 is the skills system. Skills are little bonus abilities that can grant the holder bonuses that can change the course of a battle. Finally, a mechanic that hasn't been too usual of an addition but one too important to gloss over is the love & inheritance system. FE4 is split into two parts (sound familiar?), with the first part focusing on Sigurd and the latter focusing on his son Seliph. Naturally, the time gap in between means that there would be an entirely new cast to play with, and who better to play as than the characters' kids? These kids are the result of certain pairings between characters, and depending on which characters, they'll inherit unique skills and traits.

Storywise, I won't go as in depth as I had for the previous character prompts because it is like 1 in the morning and I am in midterm season. All that you need to know is that this place called Jugdral was under subjugation by some evil dragon guy named Loptous for a good amount of time. However, this changed when a bunch of dragon lords gave their power to a dying resistance group, forming the Twelve Crusaders. These twelve folks would go on to found a bunch of kingdoms, the most important right now being Grannvale. Sigurd is a descendant of one of the Twelve Crusaders and has a pretty cozy job as a knight of Grannvale. When he gets word that it is suddenly attacked after some political shenanigans, Sigurd sets off to build his army. This is the premise for the first half of FE4. The second half focuses on Sigurd's son Seliph after Sigurd is put out of commission in the Battle of Belhalla. Seliph builds his resistance army after the main villain Arvis takes over Grannvale and becomes an oppressive ruler.

Presence in Smash
Sigurd himself is a spirit, which is pretty obvious. He's an important character from a well regarded game. But there's more! There is a key track in Ultimate: Edge of Adversity, which is the map theme for the Battle of Belhalla, where Sigurd and Arvis have their fated showdown. Infinite adds another with Uprising in Agustria, the map theme in Chapter 2. We also have the final battle between Seliph and Julius (Arvis's kid), The Final Holy War. One of our newly added masterpieces (which it is indeed a masterpiece) is Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, where you get a whole 8 minutes to play the game! In addition to these bits of representation, Sigurd is the basis for one of Ike's alt costumes. You know, the white and blue one. The good looking one. You know who else is a non Tellius character who was an Ike costume? Chrom. This doesn't mean much but it's a little food for thought.

Why Sigurd?
I've already discussed some reasons why Genealogy of the Holy War should be represented with a character - it established many of the series' most iconic gameplay mechanics. Without this game, Fire Emblem would not have important mechanics like the weapon triangle or skills, or the fun discourse that comes with the inheritance system. In addition to these important mechanics, it is often rumored that a Genealogy remake would be coming soon. Of course, these are just rumors and don't really mean anything. However, in the chance that these rumors are indeed real, wouldn't it be just like Nintendo to put in a promotional Fire Emblem character? ha ha ha. Anyways, Genealogy is often considered to be one of the best narratives in Fire Emblem (my summary does NOT do it justice at all, please actually play the game or watch a playthrough.) It also represents one of the unrepresented eras of Fire Emblem, that being the Jugdral saga. Many common suggestions tend to fall into already represented sagas like Archanea (being the games featuring Marth, Alm & Celica, and Chrom & Lucina) and Elibe (Roy). Adding Sigurd would represent a new saga and one that is highly popular at that. Also it has one of the best characters in Fire Emblem ever, my boy Arden.
<- cool guy​
Now going on to why Sigurd specifically should be in Smash: he's the more recognizable protagonist of the two. Sigurd has often appeared in official merchandise and games a lot sooner than Seliph: Sigurd is the only one of the pair to appear on the FE Premium Arrange II Album cover, a cover that is a celebration of every single Fire Emblem protagonist, even the Three Houses Lords. Seliph is just really oddly absent from it. Sigurd is a lot more recognized in Fire Emblem Heroes, with more alternate costumes than his son. He's also pretty popular, landing comfortably at 55 of 791 eligible characters in the 2017 Choose Your Legends poll and 29 of 801 eligible characters in 2021. Thus, it can be argue that Sigurd is the face of Genealogy as recognized by Intelligent Systems. Sure, we have broken precedence a lot, especially with Kazuya and freaking IORI YAGAMI in Smash over the more recognizable Heihachi and (arguably) Kyo. This leads us to why he should be in Smash Bros., period, with how his gameplay and imagery would be completely different than his son and other typically suggested Fire Emblem characters.

Possible Gameplay Styles
If you haven't noticed, every single piece of artwork I have used for Sigurd in this post have two things in common. His sword Tyrfing, and his horse. Yep, a horse. Sigurd, unlike many other common suggestions who have horses, starts his game out with his horse and ends his arc with his horse. Thus, when creating his moveset, we will have two givens: Sigurd will wield a sword, like his Fire Emblem friends before him (sadly), and he will remain put on his horse. This technically means that we will have the first quadrupedal Fire Emblem character. Naturally, as a Knight Lord, Sigurd will have high speed around the stage. However, like with other commonly suggested vehicular fighters, Sigurd will be awkward in the air. He's propelling two bodies at once, after all. There are ways to work around the problems faced in the air: magic, and the fact Fire Emblem horses are known for being quite... nimble (see the GBA and Three Houses critical animations). So combined, we would have a way for Sigurd to recover as well as hit enemies in the air.

Another way to distinguish Sigurd from the other blue hair pretty boys is with his sword. While we already have pretty mechanically interesting Fire Emblem swords (Marth and Lucina's Falchions), Sigurd's Tyrfing has the chance to be more accurate to his source material as well as be more mechanically interesting. It also comes with the skill Miracle, which allows for the wielder to have the chance of surviving lethal blows. This could be implemented in a number of ways, such as buffing his defense or activating via a button or condition. Regardless of how Tyrfing's skills are implemented, the combination of the factors that make Sigurd unique truly allows him to stand out from his peers.

Final Thoughts and TL;DR
So, if you read through all of that, you can probably see why Sigurd is not your typical anime pretty boy with blue hair. Sigurd's inclusion would recognize the origins of key Fire Emblem mechanics, introduce a new era, and hell, a new play style. While we do have an abundance of main characters from Fire Emblem, the series' rotating cast makes it difficult to branch off into side characters when there are so many interesting protagonists remaining. It would be pretty cool to have a main character on a horse, don't you think?

TL DR ↓↓
1. Sigurd represents Genealogy of the Holy War, which comes from one of the two unrepresented main Fire Emblem universes. (the other is Sacred Stones)
2. Sigurd and his game are extremely popular, often scoring high on polls and receiving high reviews.
3. Genealogy of the Holy War introduced many of the core Fire Emblem gameplay mechanics that are still in use today, and are still not represented in Smash.
4. He would be our first fully vehicular fighter, and a quadrupedal one at that, leading to a unique play style, especially for Fire Emblem.
5. He's hot 😏

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
ITSUKI AOI

It's Marth.. with a Persona, who doesn't want that right?

Hailing from a game that gets SMT fan the short end of a stick, he's basically our player character trust into a world of the Japanese idol industry that is far from normal, balancing between his life of acting and killing Mirages. He also made an appearance in Heroes and Cypher and is a legitimate part of the Fire Emblem series.

He's inclusion is basically the same as Grovyle and that it represent the series' spin-off title and while so far we've only gotten 1 game and am enhanced rerelease who's to say they won't make more?

Unpopular opinion but male idol > Female idol.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
If you haven't noticed, every single piece of artwork I have used for Sigurd in this post have two things in common. His sword Tyrfing, and his horse. Yep, a horse. Sigurd, unlike many other common suggestions who have horses, starts his game out with his horse and ends his arc with his horse. Thus, when creating his moveset, we will have two givens: Sigurd will wield a sword, like his Fire Emblem friends before him (sadly), and he will remain put on his horse.
If his up special doesn't have him dropping his horse into the void like Mario did with Yoshi, why bother.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Oliver

This and Bob? Hmm, beginning to sense a pattern here

Anyways my submission will be a bit of an odd pick, but still a popular character a lot of people love: Lysithea. There will probably be spoilers for Three Houses:
6B885DF6-6ADE-45FD-937C-FBF0B731D285.jpeg

Who is Lysithea?
Lysithea is one of the students in the Golden Deer house on Fire Emblem: Three Houses. She’s a magic prodigy who is hard-working, a bit stubborn, and easily gets frustrated when she thinks people treat her like a child but is still a nice person. She also really likes sweets. Lysithea also has a pretty sad back story: she was kidnapped and experimented on as a child to put two crests into her body, something which has never been done before. For those of you who don’t know, crests are rare magic abilities in Three Houses that allow people to do a certain type of magic. In the game they’re often used to discriminate against people who don’t have crests and they have caused a lot of suffering in people, including Lysithea. Anyways this worked but it unfortunately shortened her life span greatly meaning she had to live her life knowing she would die young. There are some endings of the game where she can be cured but most of the time she does end up dying. This makes her a pretty tragic figure but also one that shines brightly and is remembered by a lot of people. It may seem a bit sad to include her as a character given this backstory but I don’t think it would be that big of a point against her.

Her personality and backstory has made her a really popular character in the fanbase, and there are a lot of memes about how since she’s good with dark magic she can really easily beat the Death Knight enemy, who is really strong. She also yells out “You’re irrelevant!” in one of her win quotes which could be hilarious as a taunt.

Why Should She Be In Smash?
Why should Lysithea be in smash? Well, I think the popularity, like I mentioned before, is enough to consider her for a slot but it’s mostly her moveset which is based around dark magic. I imagine she would hit hard with big dark magic attacks and would be able to use a lot of the dark attacks we see in the game. This would make her a pretty unique fighter as far as potential FE reps go and would make her pretty fun to play as, as well. Overall it’s a character that would be a bit of a surprise but one they would make a lot of three houses fans excited, especially given the lack of any FE side characters in this game being playable.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Xehanort (Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep)
Class: ★★★★
Type: Primary Neutral, 3 Slots
Effect: Magic Attack ↑

Summons:
  • Xemnas' Core
  • Ansem's Core
  • 11 Support core
Now you could battle him in a spirit battle (Credit to Perkilator for the original fight on the Spirit Battle Ideas thread)
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultdarksamus: (Color 7)
  • Minions:
    • :ultlucas: (Color 5)
    • :ultganondorf: (Color 7)
    • :ultrobin: (default; starts the battle with a Beam Sword)
  • Stage: Umbra Clock Tower
  • Music: Fragments of Sorrow
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Hazard: Ice Floor
  • Conditions:
    • The floor is frozen
    • Reinforcements (:ultdarksamus:) appear after the enemy is defeated
    • The enemy (:ultdarksamus:) starts the battle with an Ore Club
Ansem (Kingdom Hearts) (Artwork: Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance)
Class: ★★★
Type: Support Neutral, 2 slots
Effect: Poison Immunity

• Puppet Fighter: Sephiroth, Dark Samus
  • Stage: Reset Bomb Forest (Omega)
  • Music:
  • Match: Stamina (300HP)
  • Conditions:
    • Defeat the main fighter to win
    • The enemy has super armor (Sephiroth)
    • Your control will suddenly reversed

Last edited:
JOB 201:
Edelgard Von Hlersvig (I don't know how to spell her last Name)

Edelgard is Character from Nintendo's Fire Emblem: Three Houses. She is leader of Black Eagles, which is one of the Houses in FE: Three Houses game. She was born 1211 of Empire Year (I didn't played that Game, sorry) and she wanted power as Kid, laster she grew up as 17-year old Woman and she started to rule her House.

Why Edelgard?
Despite people hate Fire Emblem, Edelgard could be useful for Smash Infinite, because she doesn't use Sword, but she uses Axe and she could have similar moves to other FE characters, but without Swords. She could be another Rep from Three Houses, but it's not like Byleth. She was mediocre Requested character due to her Status. Her final Smash could be Hegemon Edelgrad, where she sends opponents to the Cutscene Referencing Boss Battle between Edelgard in Three Houses. Also, Edelgard is most popular side character in Three Houses, so that's why she could be included in the Game.

My last words are the Inclusion of Edelgard could be like Byleth, but with better Accents of reveal comparing to Bad Byleth reveal in Ultimate.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
some alts

R.O.B. Alt: TV-GAME 15 (Orange)

R.O.B. lacks an orange color, so this would fill in that slot while referencing an old Nintendo console (which is the only assist trophy to not have a spirit). The Primary Color would be orange, the secondary color would be black, and it would have highlights of silver.

Toon Link Alt: Fierce Diety (Teal)

Similar to the all three Link's having a Dark Link alt, Toon Link will get a Fierce Deity alt to match Link and Young Link. It would be similar to the costume from triforce heroes, although he would have silver hair, and no special armor.​

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just to let people know, we will be not dedicating a discussion round for our Fire Emblem newcomer. This was decided based on how the submissions are as polarized as our previous round. However, I do want to encourage people to discuss the submissions leading up to us starting our voting phase. Therw ill be about 8-10 hours before we start voting.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I really like Tsubasa Oribe, since Pegasus Riders are a very reoccuring unit type and Tsubasa can reference characters like the Whitewings with her alts and such. Plus, Caeda’s pretty iconic and she’s a package deal with Tsubasa. Between her Pegasus, her mirage-related abilities and Tokyo Mirage Sessions mechanics, Tsubasa can be one of the most unique Fire Emblem characters yet and one of the most unique possible submissions.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
R.O.B. Alts:
The Wii U alt was passed up in favor of the OLED alt due to having a less distinctive color scheme and being less relevant.

Toon Link Alts:
Additionally, Toon Link's AlttP alt will be edited to have pink hair, similar to this render by @AltsUltimate on twitter.

The Pink Hearts alt for Toon Link was passed in favor of the Ravio alt since Ravio is more relevant than a costume from tri force heroes, and they share the color of pink.
Wolf Alts:
Panther (Silver) Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto
(Render by AlphaSSB AlphaSSB
Leon (Navy) Krookodilian Krookodilian
(Render by AlphaSSB AlphaSSB )
Brawl (Dark Blue) AlphaSSB AlphaSSB (Render by AlphaSSB AlphaSSB )
The Brawl Green alt was passed due to being a smash original, and Wolf already having a green alt, and the Wolfen alt was passed due to being very similar to the current Red and Pink Wolf alts.

And that wraps up Brawl Newcomers!​

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I really like Tsubasa Oribe, since Pegasus Riders are a very reoccuring unit type and Tsubasa can reference characters like the Whitewings with her alts and such. Plus, Caeda’s pretty iconic and she’s a package deal with Tsubasa. Between her Pegasus, her mirage-related abilities and Tokyo Mirage Sessions mechanics, Tsubasa can be one of the most unique Fire Emblem characters yet and one of the most unique possible submissions.
I agree, Tsubasa would really stick out in a good way as our first modern-themed FE character in a sea of medieval-fantasy-themed FE characters. Tsubasa's got so much going for her that I'd be surprised if she wasn't playable in a future Smash update. Not to mention, #FE being on Switch seems to help her quite a bit.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
There's a lot of good submission so far and I can't choose which one, obviously the talk of the town is Oribe although combining her Pegasus with her Mirage would be interesting but I have a severe problem on how can you balance it out when it's already pretty busy, Sigurd on the other hand is a lot toned down and while a mount gimmick would be interesting it's going to have some bit of akwardness in the animation and just thinking about the implication of Sigurd just glueing his butt to his horse is just funny to me.

But one that I'm leaning to is actually Tiki, I know that she's been discussed briefly but she's just an interesting subject, first off compare to Caeda, his wife she and Marth is basically an iconic duo in the whole series, if the story has the element of the Archanea games in it you bet that both of them will not be absent. As a shape shifting Manakete she could bring an interesting gimmick regarding transformation and while we already have Corrin they basically split his transformation and sword attack into 2 while Tiki will fully uses her draconic power, not to mention Manakete is a very important race in Fire Emblem, lore wise and has been present across the series and it's a surprise that the Daughter of Naga isn't in a playable role yet if we were visiting old games for newcomer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom