• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I think the point I'm trying to make is that all of these rules look really ****ing dumb in hindsight. How would you react if Bob Tekken makes it into Smash for real one day? Like, I don't think it's gonna happen, but then you're probably gonna adjust your fan rules to justify that addition, right?

Acting like there's any sort of barrier to entry in a game where you can beat people up as a Piranha Plant is kinda stupid if you ask me.

Because you're going all hardcore with the whole "Freedom can't exist without order" shtick that's even less relevant to the conversation

Lighten up, it's just a silly crossover fighter
If Bob from Tekken ever made it into Smash, I would throw out every piece of Nintendo merchandise I own and go take a vow of silence at a monastery, because clearly God would've abandoned us at that point and we'd need to try and convince him to give us a second chance

Smash isn't just a silly crossover fighter to me. It's far more than that. I'm not going to go into that because I don't have the full day to dedicate to what Smash means to me, but like it or not - I'm not leaving the thread, and I will keep bringing this up every time someone submits something like this. You can't stop me from doing so. Though I will say this - next time, with threads like these, being transparent about what is and is not allowed should really be invoked from the start.

Rules are important. Without rules, what are you gonna do, just throw the top hat token at the monopoly board and say you wanna buy the bank?

I think the prospect of throwing out the franchise's core identity for the sake of "haha Buck Bumble and fat Tekken man funni" is equally ridiculous.

Last edited:
If Bob from Tekken ever made it into Smash, I would throw out every piece of Nintendo merchandise I own and go take a vow of silence at a monastery, because clearly God would've abandoned us at that point and we'd need to try and convince him to give us a second chance

Smash isn't just a silly crossover fighter to me. It's far more than that. I'm not going to go into that because I don't have the full day to dedicate to what Smash means to me, but like it or not - I'm not leaving the thread, and I will keep bringing this up every time someone submits something like this. You can't stop me from doing so. Though I will say this - next time, with threads like these, being transparent about what is and is not allowed should really be invoked from the start.

Rules are important. Without rules, what are you gonna do, just throw the top hat token at the monopoly board and say you wanna buy the bank?

I think the prospect of throwing out the franchise's core identity for the sake of "haha Buck Bumble and fat Tekken man funni" is equally ridiculous.
Bro, this is Creation Thread. Smash can be whatever it will be like Silly Crossover or Serious Fighting Game. We have plenty of Serious and Crazy Ideas to have in the Game.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
GUYS! STOP BEING SO ANGRY OVER A GODDARN THREAD!!!
IT MAKES ME ANGRY WHEN YOU GUYS ARGUE OVER A FANMADE GAME!
THIS IS OUR PROJECT, NOT A STUPID PAPER OF LOW-QUALITY QUARRELS!

Ugh, maybe they will stop if I could wait for my Boi Sol to get in the Roster.
Dude this is a discussion, let them discuss. You're making it sound like they're throwing death threats at each other, relax.

Dude this is a discussion, let them discuss. You're making it sound like they're throwing death threats at each other, relax.
But I hate their Angry discussions. It makes me Uncomfortable.
So I pretending that it's Real Life conversation and need to stop them before they will make the Thread into Angry Thread and I don't want it to happen.
I want Peace and Tranquility along with Quality on Thread.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
But I hate their Angry discussions. It makes me Uncomfortable.
So I pretending that it's Real Life conversation and need to stop them before they will make the Thread into Angry Thread and I don't want it to happen.
I want Peace and Tranquility along with Quality on Thread.
Hate to break it to you kiddo but this thread isn't about you, it's about the next Smash game.
None of us are angry. Some of us just very passionate about this topic and want to make our opinions known. If you have a problem with that, you're free to leave

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
GUYS! STOP BEING SO ANGRY OVER A GODDARN THREAD!!!
IT MAKES ME ANGRY WHEN YOU GUYS ARGUE OVER A FANMADE GAME!
THIS IS OUR PROJECT, NOT A STUPID PAPER OF LOW-QUALITY QUARRELS!

Ugh, maybe they will stop if I could wait for my Boi Sol to get in the Roster.
No offense but you’re not helping this situation right now. We’re discussing something right now and both sides have admitted there’s not any personal beef or bad blood. You’re making this seem and feel worse than it actually is.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Smash is a meaningless franchise - there is no deep meaning or significance. It's just "look at all the IPs we got the license to!". Keep in mind, I say this as someone who probably spent a majority of his teenhood to the HOUR playing or thinking about Smash.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Smash is a meaningless franchise - there is no deep meaning or significance. It's just "look at all the IPs we got the license to!". Keep in mind, I say this as someone who probably spent a majority of his teenhood to the HOUR playing or thinking about Smash.
You're probably not as an emotional person as I am, but as someone who did not have a happy childhood from abuse and other things I'd rather not go into, Smash means a lot to me personally, especially seeing iconic characters I loved and grew up playing as, being what little happy time I had, I have a very clear vision of what Smash means to me, even as the overweight, self-hating, depressed man I am as an adult.

You're right but I doesn't mean that we need to make it Funny.
It can be serious. We're just playing with our Imagination to male the Thread.
The most important thing in anything Else is Fun.

Even I have very famous Quote:
"Fun is Infinite" - Majin Sonic, 1993

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Truth is, not every submission can be equally serious and iconic. Of course, there’s a more ideal submission to be had (I’m sure Bob isn’t eleventh in line for an additional third party Japanese-based fighting game character) but since the obligatory picks were there and then some, I think it’s absolutely fine to have a sillier submission in there once in a while. We’re not all meme lords, if a less obvious pick makes it through the voting round it’s because there was sufficient potential there to overlook the less stunning presence in other areas.

If the selection of other submissions were different I’d be more critical but the only character I felt was actually missing this voting round was Siegfried SoulCalibur, but with two SC characters in voting we definitely covered our bases. There is room for a more creative pick and for this round, that’s Tekken Bob.

In fact, I’d rather havw a more creative pick than the fifth choice in a franchise that might be more important, but offers absolutely nothing that the frontrunner can’t. I think we’re mixing up the idea that Tekken Bob was submitted instead of Heihachi with the truth that it was this or someone like Jack-7.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Truth is, not every submission can be equally serious and iconic. Of course, there’s a more ideal submission to be had (I’m sure Bob isn’t eleventh in line for an additional third party Japanese-based fighting game character) but since the obligatory picks were there and then some, I think it’s absolutely fine to have a sillier submission in there once in a while. We’re not all meme lords, if a less obvious pick makes it through the voting round it’s because there was sufficient potential there to overlook the less stunning presence in other areas.

If the selection of other submissions were different I’d be more critical but the only character I felt was actually missing this voting round was Siegfried SoulCalibur, but with two SC characters in voting we definitely covered our bases. There is room for a more creative pick and for this round, that’s Tekken Bob.

In fact, I’d rather havw a more creative pick than the fifth choice in a franchise that might be more important, but offers absolutely nothing that the frontrunner can’t. I think we’re mixing up the idea that Tekken Bob was submitted instead of Heihachi with the truth that it was this or someone like Jack-7.
Just because a character is a "creative" choice doesn't always make it a good fit for the franchise it's going to appear in. For example: Mega Man in SF x Tekken.

....honestly all of them in SF x Tekken are offputting and unappealing for the game or it's aethetic choice but Mega Man is the worst offender

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
You're probably not as an emotional person as I am, but as someone who did not have a happy childhood from abuse and other things I'd rather not go into, Smash means a lot to me personally, especially seeing iconic characters I loved and grew up playing as, being what little happy time I had, I have a very clear vision of what Smash means to me, even as the overweight, self-hating, depressed man I am as an adult.
I really do feel sorry that you had to live through that and I hope your life gets better in the future but that’s a really fallacious argument. I’m willing to guess smash has meaning to all of us here but that’s a subjective meaning. Smash is of course art and it does have value, most games are and do, but I’m sorry: Smash isn’t this painting that gets stained every time a random meme character is added to some creation thread.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I really do feel sorry that you had to live through that and I hope your life gets better in the future but that’s a really fallacious argument. I’m willing to guess smash has meaning to all of us here but that’s a subjective meaning. Smash is of course art and it does have value, most games are, but I’m sorry: Smash isn’t this painting that gets stained every time a random meme character is added to some creation thread.
Well, obviously, but again I stress that it comes down to a lack of a cohesive identity: Are we supposed to pretend this is the next "real" game like the OP implies or are we supposed to just throw **** at the wall and see what sticks? Users here clearly have different ideas of what this thread is supposed to be because no evidence towards either side was ever really given. A more established identity given from the beginning would've been nice. If this was always supposed to be balls-to-the-wall-anything-goes then it's one thing, but it seems clear by roster choices and even by the job prompts that this is supposed to be somewhat serious, so you see where I'm coming from, yeah?

I really do feel sorry that you had to live through that and I hope your life gets better in the future but that’s a really fallacious argument. I’m willing to guess smash has meaning to all of us here but that’s a subjective meaning. Smash is of course art and it does have value, most games are and do, but I’m sorry: Smash isn’t this painting that gets stained every time a random meme character is added to some creation thread.
Same Bro, but we need to Deal with it that everyone has various Ideas.
We're not Perfect and we have some cons in our opinions, even in real life.
So, I'm gonna make this Thread an Anti-Anger Conversation.

Last edited:
I mean very few people here know anything about UNIB so I doubt anyone knows they’re an obscure character in the series lmao
Yeah, everyone knows their Obscurity like Me, who only one knows about Brawl Stars, which is Obscure Game.
Same with other people, who don't know about Bob from Tekken.
Deal with it.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Just because a character is a "creative" choice doesn't always make it a good fit for the franchise it's going to appear in. For example: Mega Man in SF x Tekken.
That wasn’t exactly (or even remotely) my point.

All the good fits were already submitted. If we only take main characters into account for even just submissions, then the range of submissions and thus the amount of people that can submit a choice will be really small.

Tekken Bob‘s submission didn’t take any spot or niche that wasn’t already covered five-fold by other characters that were submitted and taking the route of strictly limiting what characters can be submitted also strictly limits who can submit content while only changing the outcome only a handful of times. Tekken Bob wasn’t submitted instead of Heihachi or the dozen of good choices, he was submitted alongside a dozen of good choices. His submission only adds a submission and a person that can participate in the thread and subtracts or detracts absolutely nothing from the other choices. The creative choice vs obvious choice is a fight that Tekken Bob lost 1-to-10 and the fact you are now complaining about that single one is what puts me off. Especially if any alternative would be in the exact same boat.

In fact, after the choices that were submitted there’s a crossroads that‘s never gonna amount to a winner. Either you can then submit a subpar choice like Jack-7 or someone else that’s like fifth in line in their series and doesn’t do anything that another submission cannot do, or you can go for a different angle and be creative. Either way you’re submitting a dark horse that is highly niche compared to the dozen of more classic speculation choices. Either way your standards are widely fullfilled by other choices and either way the one or three other submissions are going to fall outside of your viewpoint regardless of whether the submitter goes the distance to take more creative pick.

Limiting these types of picks directly decreases the amount of people that can share in the joy of building a submission, while rarely changing the actual outcome of a vote.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will say this (and for those in discord, this will be a rerun)…

It gets boring if we don’t have any sort of discussion. If we all agree with each other’s opinions and golf clap to every submission made; it gets stale. It was getting stale. Drama and discussion churns things up and I think, in the end, it’s better for the thread in the long run.

I will say that partially the past few pages of discussion my fault for…
1) Dropping the ball on keeping standards
2) Not setting limits initially
3) Not enforcing certain rules that favors quality over…something

Now, that being said, I do think adding out of the box submissions to be a fresh as … I mean. It gets boring submitting the same characters who gets regurgitated over and over during speculation. Curve balls are fun and helps bring life to the thread.

This was my very first creation thread and, sadly, not made without any pretext or really brainstorming behind. I just randomly made it one day during a period of my life that would eventually be chaotic and stressful. The past six months has been extremely difficult and trying for me. That and compounded by the fact I lacked an initial focus and didn’t seek to place limiters/caps on the thread; some things fell through the cracks. I’ll take responsibility for that. Should we include a sequel to Infinite (if I do, someone shoot me), I will institute a cap policy.

One thing I failed to touch on is it hate limiting submissions. Submitting a character you know has zero chance in appearing but still a character you want to at least talk about is fun and exciting. I suppose it’s like their own support thread in a way. I don’t want to take that away from people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom