• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Jin and Kasumi appear as cameos on the Mishima Dojo stage and Kuma appears as a Assist while Armor King appears as a Mii costume. Mokujin/Tetsujin are enemies in Smash Dungeon while Ancient Ogre is a boss.

Those cameos can be worked around just like Heihachi though so it’s ok.
Alright, thanks!

Submission: Kuma/Panda (Tekken)
C8B3018A-6053-47A1-AA2A-0C943B45FCA7.png

Kuma is Heihachi’s pet bear and also a bear so I think that answers the question on what their merit would be. It wouldn’t really matter that it’d double down on Tekken because it’s a bear. If Kuma is inegilible then there’s always Kuma II and if Kuma II is also inegilible there’s always Panda, who is traditionally an alternate costume for Kuma but very much a different character. Panda can still join as an Alph-deal if Kuma or Kuma II are accepted

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
As much as I think Nightmare should be in to represent Tekken's sister franchise, I think Sol ultimately seems to be the best shot. Guilty Gear is more popular than ever thanks to Strive, and I feel like Arc System Works has proven themselves to be Smash-worthy. Besides, Guilty Gear is a completely different gameplay style than the others:
  • Street Fighter: Classic fighter, the OG
  • Tekken: More slower-paced. Simplistic control scheme, but deceptively complex and difficult.
  • Fatal Fury: Higher-paced version of Street Fighter, more refined in its mechanics.
  • Guilty Gear: Fighting game equivalent of cocaine in terms of pacing, fun factor is maximum.
I'm not sure Kasumi would make it in because even if she's the face of DoA, that game's main draw is its fanservice, and we all know that Mai couldn't make it into Ultimate over it. Melty Blood is on the rise and Arcueid sounds very unique as a vampire character. With Tekken, I think Yoshimitsu seems to be the best option out of all of them as a character who hits two birds with one stone, as he could represent both Tekken and Soul Calibur at once. Heihachi should probably be out of the running since he's a stage cameo in Mishima Dojo, but then again, Toon Link is also a stage cameo in Spirit Tracks, so I dunno. Bob and Asuka seem like random characters, but I know they have their fans. Merkava is also hella random too, but the video showing off a potential moveset seems like it could potentially cover the moveset job fairly well. Iori is extremely popular in the SNK and FGC communities for good reason, and having Iori be the Sora to Terry's Cloud, if that's accurate to say, sounds like it makes sense in all honesty. Ragna and Noel, meanwhile, seem pretty unique by themselves, with Ragna's soul-draining mechanic making him the perfect glass cannon and Noel using her guns in a manner different than Bayonetta and Joker.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Noel Vermillion

A pretty prominent and popular character in BlazBlue, what makes her special is her use of guns and weaponry which will be a good stark contrast to others in this submission.

What will she represent?

New Company. Recently Smash has introduce us with 2 company being represented, one being Microsoft, a direct competitor to Nintendo and made everyone mind boggled with the inclusion of Banjo and Steve that pave the way for more business collaboration, and second being SNK, a company that undergo major ups and down from being on equal foot to Street Fighter in terms of popularity that resulted in a crossover game and going bankrupt at many points in time to we are now today.
Arcsys, just like KT is a major ommission for many people, one reason being that they have a big legacy on their hand mostly because their old game are tied heavily with Nintendo (Double Dragon and River City specifically) and they are a big figure in the world of fighting game being the sole company that made a few bangers like P4A, DBFighterz and Granblue Versus and is very faithful to its source material and with the release of Strive giving Arcsys more attention and interest, another information is that Arcsys has some representation in Smash in the form of the River City spirit event so them hoping over as a fighter wouldn't be that strange

Anime Fighters. It's a major subgenre in the world of fighting game, it's basically taking the traditional 2D fighter and amp the gameplay to 11 with more flashy attacks, increased speed, an F ton of unique gimmick for almost every character in the game and of course the anime artstyle and BlazBlue is basically the poster child of its genre. Of course in Smash we're missing out on that, we already have 3 traditional 2D fighter in the form of Ryu, Ken and Terry and not too long after Kazuya came in representating 3D fighters, and while it's still count as a 2D fighting game the unique implementation is enough to make it distinct.

New playstyle. So far our reps for fighting game has just been all punches, fireball and swords, Noel is a little different as she dual wield a gun and would make for a great moveset basically fleshing out Joker's neutral special and made it it's own character. Here's a video showcasing her move:

Why BlazBlue over Guilty Gear?

While my cases could be applied to both BlazBlue has some going for it that eclipses Guilty Gear, one being that it is the first Arcsys series to hold a crossover between Persona 4 Arena, Under Night In-birth and Rooster Teeth's web series RWBY followed by Senran Kagura, Arcana Heart and Akatsuki Blitkampf so if wouldn't be out of ordinary to have them in Smash.

BlazBlue also has additional side media in the form of visual novel, XBlaze, manga, Remix and Variable Heart and light novel, Bloodedge Experience all of which expanded the world of BlazBlue, it also have an anime adaptation and a few other collaboration, and I haven't even mentioned the radio show hosted on Nico Nico that has been a thing since the early 2010 usually to promote a game release.
Note; I'm writing this on mobile, so sorry for the lackluster formatting.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, thanks!

Submission: Kuma/Panda (Tekken)
View attachment 335636

Kuma is Heihachi’s pet bear and also a bear so I think that answers the question on what their merit would be. It wouldn’t really matter that it’d double down on Tekken because it’s a bear. If Kuma is inegilible then there’s always Kuma II and if Kuma II is also inegilible there’s always Panda, who is traditionally an alternate costume for Kuma but very much a different character. Panda can still join as an Alph-deal if Kuma or Kuma II are accepted
Sorry, I wasn’t clear. Jin and Kasumi would be eligible as they are in a similar situation as Heihachi and we could work around it like Toon Link. That being said, Kuma would be ineligible due to the assist trophy status. I know “but assists don’t disconfirm!” but we are treating as such until we decide to break this rule in the future.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submissions are closed. I’ll accept Noelle but all submissions submitted here on out won’t be accepted.
Weird chill fever has a grace period due to being late about not accepting his submission.

Wierdchill, as someone who has dabbled in Tekken over the years, Jin, Kasumi, Paul Phoenix, Alisa, Nina Williams, Lars, and Ling are all potential candidates.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Sorry, I wasn’t clear. Jin and Kasumi would be eligible as they are in a similar situation as Heihachi and we could work around it like Toon Link. That being said, Kuma would be ineligible due to the assist trophy status. I know “but assists don’t disconfirm!” but we are treating as such until we decide to break this rule in the future.
When Heihachi is fighting in the Mishima Dojo, Alfonzo is in charge of guarding the dojo.

Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So guys, out of all the franchises these characters come from, which do you guys think should be in?
  • Tekken has a load of characters, each with their own levels of popularity, that it would be hard to pick who succeeds Kazuya. Honestly, though, I would give it to Yoshimitsu because of not only his extremely unorthodox yet fun playstyle,
  • Soul Calibur should be easy to implement because it is, to my knowledge, Tekken but with weapons. It's also fairly popular because of SC6 bringing the franchise back in the spotlight and even bringing on guest characters Geralt of Rivia, 2B, and Haohmaru. If we get another Namco rep, Soul Calibur seems almost completely logical.
  • Guilty Gear is absolutely [[Fornication]]-off bonkers in terms of both gameplay and recent popularity, and one of the bigger names in the FGC thanks to Strive.
  • Melty Blood has the benefit of being a part of the Nasuverse, which gets a majority of its popularity from Fate, and the recent release of the new Melty Blood seems to put it in the spotlight no problem.
  • BlazBlue may be old and its story may be over, but the way it plays still checks out.
  • Fatal Fury having its own Sephiroth in the form of Geese sounds pretty logical, especially since SNK is very generous to Smash. Hell, they even said "OK!" to 50 songs for crying out loud!
  • But if we don't wanna vote for Fatal Fury, King of Fighters is another extra-popular SNK franchise. You could probably call it the Mario to Fatal Fury's Donkey Kong considering it's a spin-off that surpassed the original. Again, Iori is extremely popular, and the reactions to the Terry trailer had people hyped up when Iori appeared. If that doesn't tell me that Iori could be a new Smash fighter, then I dunno what would.
  • I dunno if Dead or Alive would make it in because, again, a major draw is its fanservice. You could practically call it the Senran Kagura of the FGC community in all honesty.
  • Under Night In-Birth is an odd one, because if memory serves correctly, it only got popular because it was included in Blazblue Cross Tag Battle alongside other (at the time) more popular IPs, including Persona, Senran Kagura, and of course BlazBlue among others, though it did also get its own resurgence of popularity in recent years. Melty Blood and UNIB have some things in common, though the former seems to have the upper hand due to being closely-tied to an infinitely more popular franchise in the creator's multiverse.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of our stage voting!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Penguin Slide03 (6)06
Corneria FX2 (6)2 (4)110
Bloom Palace02 (6)17
Ramen Bowl3 (9)0312
Doc Louis Training Warehouse3 (9)1 (2)314
The Aurum Hive1 (3)1 (2)15
Formidable Oak0011
Opera House2 (6)1 (2)210
Katina1(3)2 (4)16

While it was a tight race, Doc Louis Training Warehouse is our last confirmed stage in our stage segment of the Direct. It will also be our last stage aside from affiliated newcomer submissions! Our next job? Finding an image to accompany the front page plus the wikia. The one provided might work but the fact there are too much images for it makes this stage submission a bit weak in my opinion. Perhaps we could put one together via editing?

Also, a reminder to vote for every point option. Only voting for one voids our your votes.

We will begin voting for our newcomer fighter in 8 hours. Please be ready to start voting them. We are discussing now.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
When Heihachi is fighting in the Mishima Dojo, Alfonzo is in charge of guarding the dojo.

Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"
When Heihachi is fighting in the Mishima Dojo, Alfonzo is in charge of throwing child Kazuya into the canyon.

Alfonzo: “Leave it to me!”

proceeds to throw a small kid off a cliff

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Here are the results of our stage voting!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Penguin Slide03 (6)06
Corneria FX2 (6)2 (4)110
Bloom Palace02 (6)17
Ramen Bowl3 (9)0312
Doc Louis Training Warehouse3 (9)1 (2)314
The Aurum Hive1 (3)1 (2)15
Formidable Oak0011
Opera House2 (6)1 (2)210
Katina1(3)2 (4)16

While it was a tight race, Doc Louis Training Warehouse is our last confirmed stage in our stage segment of the Direct. It will also be our last stage aside from affiliated newcomer submissions! Our next job? Finding an image to accompany the front page plus the wikia. The one provided might work but the fact there are too much images for it makes this stage submission a bit weak in my opinion. Perhaps we could put one together via editing?

Also, a reminder to vote for every point option. Only voting for one voids our your votes.

We will begin voting for our newcomer fighter in 8 hours. Please be ready to start voting them. We are discussing now.
Honestly, finding the image was already extremely difficult to do, so I just used the Snipping Tool to snip a portion of the Little Mac trailer and used that as the photo, though I suppose you might've guessed that already. I'd be more than happy to find a new screenshot of it, but the ones I could find (Whether it's in Punch-Out!! Wii's cutscenes or Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!) was either at too drastic an angle to notice or too dark to make out.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Honestly, finding the image was already extremely difficult to do, so I just used the Snipping Tool to snip a portion of the Little Mac trailer and used that as the photo, though I suppose you might've guessed that already. I'd be more than happy to find a new screenshot of it, but the ones I could find (Whether it's in Punch-Out!! Wii's cutscenes or Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!) was either at too drastic an angle to notice or too dark to make out.
I found this if it’s any help

While not exactly the same gym as we saw previously…

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So guys, out of all the franchises these characters come from, which do you guys think should be in?
  • Tekken has a load of characters, each with their own levels of popularity, that it would be hard to pick who succeeds Kazuya. Honestly, though, I would give it to Yoshimitsu because of not only his extremely unorthodox yet fun playstyle,
  • Soul Calibur should be easy to implement because it is, to my knowledge, Tekken but with weapons. It's also fairly popular because of SC6 bringing the franchise back in the spotlight and even bringing on guest characters Geralt of Rivia, 2B, and Haohmaru. If we get another Namco rep, Soul Calibur seems almost completely logical.
  • Guilty Gear is absolutely [[Fornication]]-off bonkers in terms of both gameplay and recent popularity, and one of the bigger names in the FGC thanks to Strive.
  • Melty Blood has the benefit of being a part of the Nasuverse, which gets a majority of its popularity from Fate, and the recent release of the new Melty Blood seems to put it in the spotlight no problem.
  • BlazBlue may be old and its story may be over, but the way it plays still checks out.
  • Fatal Fury having its own Sephiroth in the form of Geese sounds pretty logical, especially since SNK is very generous to Smash. Hell, they even said "OK!" to 50 songs for crying out loud!
  • But if we don't wanna vote for Fatal Fury, King of Fighters is another extra-popular SNK franchise. You could probably call it the Mario to Fatal Fury's Donkey Kong considering it's a spin-off that surpassed the original. Again, Iori is extremely popular, and the reactions to the Terry trailer had people hyped up when Iori appeared. If that doesn't tell me that Iori could be a new Smash fighter, then I dunno what would.
  • I dunno if Dead or Alive would make it in because, again, a major draw is its fanservice. You could practically call it the Senran Kagura of the FGC community in all honesty.
You forgot Merkava/UNIB

how could you

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I found this if it’s any help

While not exactly the same gym as we saw previously…

That second one is almost perfect, actually. Though the first one would probably need textures (maybe Doc Louis's Punch-Out). Maybe we could use this instead? The Deepsea Metro photo has Octoling in it, so I suppose it could work.
Doc_Louis.jpg

You forgot Merkava/UNIB

how could you
Ah, right my apologies. Will remedy that later.

EDIT: It should be up now, my dude.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
absolutely not, your point?
It's just odd that you hyping up something you don't even know lol, not to say you can't enjoy it, it's like discovering a new word because how cool it sounds because you basically just praising the mod.

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
I really do love all the submissions here.

That being said, fighting games are a unique genre of video games where each are different in their own way. For example, Fatal Fury's lane system, Guilty Gear's penalties and overdrives, etc. With this in mind, while we have had quite gimmicky characters in the past, I believe that it would be best to save these gimmicky fighting game characters for the future. If we do have these prompts in the future, of course. Guilty Gear especially would lend itself well to one of the most unique fighters we would have in Smash, with a unique DLC tier stage to boot.

What I'm trying to say here is that of the selections, only a few of these would really fit the direction that base game usually tends to go for. In fact we already had this insane argument for Sami. It would be pretty criminal to leave a lot of the gimmicks aside in base game rather than go all out for DLC. While I may be biased as Iori is one of my most wanteds, he and Geese definitely fit the mold of what this character should be - unique, but fitting for base game. Both characters are still unique characters in their own right - they have differing playstyles from the other fighting game characters in the roster already, and in the case of Iori, he would bring along a new universe.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
In terms of Arc-Systems Reps go, I feel Ragna or Noel would be the best choices, While Sol Badguy came first and is the most iconic his series has some inappropriate content that would be too much to ignore(Baiken and The Music, the latter which i heard).

Soul Calibur would make a lot of sense especially for a fighting game rep, Nightmare would be the most likely even though he is not the main character. Heihachi would be the most likely Tekken character to be the second tekken rep even though the reason he was left out was not only because he didn't posses the devil gene but his moveset was hard to impliment, i see characters such as Yoshimitsu(I know you ruled him out but still), Asuka, and Bob working since their gameplay styles are simple?

Ah Crud....

I have no thoughts on the others mainly for my unrecognizable knowledge to them but that doesn't mean they aren't interesting for example i'm kinda intrigued in Acrueid.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Sol Badguy came first and is the most iconic his series has some inappropriate content that would be too much to ignore(Baiken and The Music, the latter which i heard).
I mean Blazblue has sexualized characters too, Much like Baiken they can just be censored or not added as spirits or cameos. And the music can be censored or they can add instrumentals, or just add the songs that have no bad words.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Did you even know what an UNIB was prior to that mod you're obsessed with?
You know, we could do with submitting characters we know... I'm always wondering when someone is gonna submit somebody nobody knows and then we're stumped at the moveset creation process. Or you know, someone submits a character on the basis of them being cute with no knowledge of their role and then they win ahem

airConditioner

Smash Ace
You know, we could do with submitting characters we know... I'm always wondering when someone is gonna submit somebody nobody knows and then we're stumped at the moveset creation process. Or you know, someone submits a character on the basis of them being cute with no knowledge of their role and then they win ahem

bottom text

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I mean Blazblue has sexualized characters too, Much like Baiken they can just be censored or not added as spirits or cameos. And the music can be censored or they can add instrumentals, or just add the songs that have no bad words.
Eh, there's not much sexualized character in BlazBlue even if there's someone like Litchi, Nine and Mu-12, the latter can just be ommited, it's mostly just the side character not like I-No or Dizzy.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Well it's just that i heard from i believe Gamexplain who said that Guilty Gear might be too inappropriate to be in smash mainly with the music.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord

That being said, fighting games are a unique genre of video games where each are different in their own way. For example, Fatal Fury's lane system, Guilty Gear's penalties and overdrives, etc. With this in mind, while we have had quite gimmicky characters in the past, I believe that it would be best to save these gimmicky fighting game characters for the future. If we do have these prompts in the future, of course. Guilty Gear especially would lend itself well to one of the most unique fighters we would have in Smash, with a unique DLC tier stage to boot.

What I'm trying to say here is that of the selections, only a few of these would really fit the direction that base game usually tends to go for. In fact we already had this insane argument for Sami. It would be pretty criminal to leave a lot of the gimmicks aside in base game rather than go all out for DLC. While I may be biased as Iori is one of my most wanteds, he and Geese definitely fit the mold of what this character should be - unique, but fitting for base game. Both characters are still unique characters in their own right - they have differing playstyles from the other fighting game characters in the roster already, and in the case of Iori, he would bring along a new universe.
Returning series have a high chance of getting another rep, this prompt, for now is just a one time thing so giving it to a series that is guaranteed is just... idk what to say. Additionally we already have someone like Crazy Dave who's gimmick is just perfect for DLC and we already shown to have character without a stand out gimmick like Banjo or Byleth.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Lets put Iori in so the KOF spirits can have their own section instead of being in other.
We can just pull a Mii Series and just made separate section right now without a fighter, how come that can have separate section despite not having a fighter not counting the Mii Fighters and Wii Fit Trainer, they're coming together with Terry in the DLC so why can't they have a special treatment? Just think about it.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will begin voting!!

I wanted to highlight this post as I felt it really captured what we are going for leading up to DLC…

I feel this is very important to remember when voting

Talking about voting, please vote on who you think would make the most sense to include as a FG fighter as your last two base games fighters!!
YOU CAN VOTE HERE

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alternate Color Submissions: R.O.B., Toon Link, and Wolf

We will begin our alternate color submissions while we wait for the voting to finish! They will be for R.O.B., Toon Link, and Wolf. Alternate costumes aren’t allowed, recolors only. These will be for dlc color packs in the future. When submitting, please provide the source material and name, color slot, and why this particular Alt color should be included.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Alright, so I guess it's time to put in my 2 cents on our current selection, it's definitely... uh... interesting. Let me just preface this with the fact that I do outright either love or moderately like all of these characters (except for Bob, he can burn in hell). But I'm gonna be 100% honest about my feelings on their possible inclusions here in a possible Smash sequel.
  • Blazblue (Ragna/Noel) - Alright, look. I know I jokingly give Blazblue a lot of crap in my casual daily life, most people on the internet know me as the dude that would spam "cringebue" or "fartblue" whenever the topic is brought up, but I do honestly like this series a ton. Whenever I wasn't up for Accent Core, Blazblue would be my airdash fighter fix. And yet, this entire scenario is still the one thing that plagues Blazblue's chances in Smash for me. Blazblue will always live in the shadow of Guilty Gear, and that's just how it always has been. In fact, It's a well-known secret that Blazblue solely existed as a temporary replacement for Guilty Gear. For those unaware, in its early years, Guilty Gear was owned by Sammy Corporation, who is now a part of SEGA. ArcSys was indeed the developer but they wouldn't obtain the intellectual property for themselves until 2011, or at least they didn't own most of it. Which is why during that period they created Blazblue: Calamity Trigger, the first Blazblue entry, solely to fill in the shoes that Guilty Gear left behind. Anyone who has played both can confirm that Blazblue was designed to be heavily similar to Guilty Gear. You got your gatling combos, your Dead Angle/Counter Assault, your Faultless Defense/Barrier Block, your Bursts, etc... You literally have characters that look like clear-cut copies of their Guilty Gear counterparts: Ragna and Jin are literally just Sol and Ky, Tager is Potemkin, Bang is Chipp, etc... And once Guilty Gear started taking off again for ArcSys, they closed off Blazblue. Don't get me wrong, this is not supposed to be a bad thing. ArcSys just wanted to make Guilty Gear again, without using Guilty Gear, and they were able to do this by making Blazblue, and that's amazing. But I'm just going to end this history lesson by asking a simple question: who do you think would be in Smash first: the current-popular original airdash fighting game that boomed the genre into the spotlight recently, or the game that only served to fill in the shoes of its predecessor while they were away?
  • Guilty Gear (Sol Badguy) - Alright I know the first thing you did was look at my profile pic, start rolling your eyes, and had the intention to move on to the next section before finishing this sentence. Glad to have your attention. So, if you just finished the Blazblue section you already know I heavily implied to be more in favor of Guilty Gear compared to its younger sibling. But, in all honesty, Guilty Gear for base? airConditioner airConditioner said it best. Whenever I imagine Guilty Gear in Smash I imagine it as a new DLC universe with near-game-breaking mechanics and a stage that serves something entirely new. Remember those Guilty Gear mechanics I've just thrown at your face in the Blazblue section a few sentences back, yeah.. this game series got a ****ton of mechanics and I didn't even mention Roman Cancels which are an entirely other beast of their own. Hell, Sol would most likely be able to airdash too if he appeared in Smash, and don't you dare to forget that he has a Dragon Install where Heavy Metal starts to play loud as ****. Oh, what about that stage? We can put the Strive wallbreak mechanic in Smash where when you punch someone into the blastzone and everyone would be thrown into another section of the stage, and you'd only be able to KO the opponent if the knockback is hard enough (This may sound like it breaks Smash's conventions, but if I were to propose a KOF Stadium mechanic idea in a world where we didn't get Terry, no one would take me seriously on that one either. I genuinely think we can make this idea work somehow). Our imaginary budget is running out fast, and if I want to do this amazing series justice, I definitely 100% want it to be DLC. I'm saying this as someone who has been a genuine fan of this series before Xrd was even a thing.
  • Tekken (Heihachi/Asuka/Bob/Kuma) - As a Tekken fan and Asuka main, her and Bob's inclusion would be... off? Like, you'll not even get a genuine left-field reaction out of me with that one, all you'll get is a simple "what?" with a concerned stare. Kuma would at least be a decent joke character, and one I can kinda see to be this entry's Piranha Plant. Now onto the more serious submission, Heihachi. Representation-wise he makes tons of sense, he is Kazuya's anti-thesis and has been one of the primary faces of Tekken for its entire run. He also shares some moves with Kazuya that we could easily pull from. Except that, this is gonna sound so weird as **** but, the old man simply doesn't have any up-b material. And this actually applies to most Tekken characters in fact. Yeah, jumping is commonly known as a death sentence in Tekken and most characters don't have any moves where they jump. This is also the primary reason why they chose Kazuya, the dude got wings and can fly in his Devil Form. Heihachi lacks the devil gene, and simply doesn't really bring that much interesting stuff to the table. I believe he's best fit as a stage cameo, alone on the Mishima Dojo, condemned to solitude until random video game characters come to wreck his estate, all part of divine punishment for starting the endless cycle of throwing family members off cliffs.
  • SoulCalibur (Nightmare/Sophitia) - The Soul series is rad as **** and more people should appreciate it. I can actually see this series working in Smash, because it doen't face the same problem as Tekken does as jumping attacks are a thing and there's much more variation we can pull from for the like. A lot of people might dismiss Sophitia because she isn't as prevalent in speculation, but she actually does count as one of the protagonists of this series, so her inclusion doesn't necessarily entirely come out of nowhere. Although Nightmare does make more sense in my eyes as they're a recurring being throughout the series, not only using Siegfried as a host (although this incarnation would be most likely the one that is used given its the most prevalent) but many more. He keeps being the recurring antagonist, whereas protagonists of the Soul series keep shifting.
  • Dead or Alive (Kasumi) - Everyone I know that plays this game is unecessarily horny all the time and they're the reason why I have never given this series a shot. Besides, I believe there's other Koei properties that should be given fair treatment first. That's all I can say on this series, really. Booba Game.
  • Melty Blood (Arcueid) - This is such a complicated pick. Melty Blood is baller and all, but, are you really going to pick a Tsukihime character from a franchise owned by Type-Moon, and brand her as a character from a franchise primarily developed by another company, that being French Bread? The logistic sounds like a mess for this one, I'd rather have Arcueid in as a Tsukihime character who also brings in elements from Melty Blood. I don't know how people here are planning to go about her, so that's all I'm saying for now. Although, to prevent this entire ordeal we could've just gotten Sion in (who could also work as an under night in-birth rep in a way), I feel like her gameplay and design would also serve a nice breath of fresh air in Smash as her moves are quite unconventional for Fighting Game standards. She's not only an original Melty Blood character to boot, but she's, in a way, the protagonist of the Melty Blood series.
  • Under Night in-Birth (Merkava) - I like Merkava, who doesn't. He's wack as ****. But the simple idea of him being our first and only UNIB rep is so damn funny to me. Anyways, You should play PM EX REMIX.... NOW!
  • Fatal Fury (Geese) - Just like how Final Fantasy got a villain, it's perfectly logical to do one for Fatal Fury. I feel like Geese submissions have been thrown around and talked about endlessly here, although I may be exaggerating. Me and tonygameman tonygameman have been trying to get a second SNK rep in this damn thing since the beginning now, and Geese is an amazing and viable contender for it. If he does win the slot, I can see him having the same GO! gimmick as Terry, although get ready for the horror that is pretzel inputs in Smash. Also, imagine countering Final Smashes with Geese and hearing the iconic "Predictabo" line. Tony has made a great submission post on him and it really gives an idea on how he'll work.
  • The King of Fighters (Iori) - Well, talking about a 2nd SNK representative. One of the primary protagonists of the King of Fighters series, he's extremely popular and delivers not only a second SNK franchise, but technically a new universe to the table. KoF mechanics are also very unique and could serve as nice gimmicks (although nothing to the extent of Guilty Gear). If he gets in, we could add more cameos to KOF Stadium, give Terry his proper stage and add more SNK-related content in base. I have already made an extensive post on Iori and why his inclusion works in Smash, so I don't really want to repeat myself. But I would just like to remind you people that he's a cameo in the KOF Stadium, which means that when we enter DLC, he'll be ineligible. And this not only counts for him, but for Geese as well. This is quite literally their only chance, whereas the other fighting game characters all have a chance to appear in DLC. I know I'm speaking out of intense bias because my love for this franchise runs deep as hell, but getting him in would not only fundamentally set apart the KoF and Fatal Fury franchises for base, but we'd actually represent a cornerstone of the fighting game genre with a fighter, which would not be possible anymore for DLC considering all viable contenders are cameos (and it has been explicitly stated by Venus that cameos and Assists do indeed deconfirm fighters).

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I don’t have a lot of time to write this off but I’m going try to squeeze off at least a few thoughts:

I certainly think that we should go the Tekken/SC/FF/KoF route with this one as they feel the most sense in terms of base game; especially as we wind down. It would be a perfect hype inducer for the launch roster. However, including a character that doesn’t make much sense in the grand scheme of things like say Kasumi, Noelle, Ragna, Markava, and Acrueid would lead some really strange repercussions. I suppose we are a cross roads that
1) should we include someone who makes sense realistically in terms of representation and the roster?
2) say **** it and realism isn’t important and include whomever we damn want to
3) go for the lolz and include a character that makes zero sense period just to see it happen

We’ve gone all three routes in the past but we as end our launch roster and gear up for dlc, I think we should really consider what our roster has become and what can these last characters do to enhance it. How would the characters I mention d above contribute? I feel Geese, Iori, Nightmare, and Heihachi could bring the hype to finish off the roster but also make sense in the realm of realism.

But wait…what about Guilty Gear? I want this series in Infinite 100% but I agree with those who felt their inclusion feels better for dlc given the gimmicky/complicated nature of them. I’ve crafted a Sol moveset for a Smashboards news article. I only played the first two games and that was a looooong time ago so my GG knowledge was rusty. I had to get advice and help from dozens of people on the best way to incorporate Sol and, after it was said and done, Sol felt like he had the same amount of moves as Kazuya but the complexity of Terry.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
1635156855815.png
1635156869155.png
Hearts Outfit
(Pink)

Based on the Jack of Hearts and Queen of Hearts outfit in Triforce Heroes, Toon Link's tunic will turn pink as well as his cap but the sleeves and the trim of his cap is the color white.​
Joycons
(Neon Red/Blue)

Based on the iconic neon red and blue usually seen in the advertisement for the system. ROB's torso will be both red at the top and blue at the bottom, his arm and spine thing? will be a dull black, his shoulders and arm will be red and blue of course but the placement is switched (no pun intended) like say his right shoulder will be red while his left will be blue.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom