• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Quick question to the powers that be, would Yoshimitsu be accepted or would he interfere with Takamaru in terms of ninja/samurai aesthetic. Follow-up question, what series would he fall under? I read he’s both in Tekken and SoulCalibur

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Quick question to the powers that be, would Yoshimitsu be accepted or would he interfere with Takamaru in terms of ninja/samurai aesthetic. Follow-up question, what series would he fall under? I read he’s both in Tekken and SoulCalibur
I believe he's ineligible, due to him wielding the same weapon as Takamaru. (though if Venus thinks otherwise, feel free to submit him, I'm just going with pure gut feeling right now).

And to answer your second question: Yoshimitsu is kinda a complicated case, he did originate in the first Tekken and has returned for every mainline installment. Although as Yoshimitsu breaks the series' own conventions, being one of only two fighters who wield weapons in the series, they decided to put a character inspired by him in SoulEdge and every Soul Calibur game as well. The Yoshimitsu in Soul Calibur is believed to be the ancestor of the Yoshimitsu in Tekken, and they are also the characters that canonically bind the two games together.

I would personally assign him as a Tekken character, since he did first originate in the original Tekken. But I guess it kinda depends on how you go about him? Will he take more from Soul Calibur (Reversale Edge, Break Impact, etc..) or from Tekken (Kazuya's Rage for example)? That's the crux of the matter in my opinion.

Which design, stage, music you'll go with depends on which series he'd rep as well.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I believe he's ineligible, due to him wielding the same weapon as Takamaru. (though if Venus thinks otherwise, feel free to submit him, I'm just going with pure gut feeling right now).

And to answer your second question: Yoshimitsu is kinda a complicated case, he did originate in the first Tekken and has returned for every mainline installment. Although as Yoshimitsu breaks the series' own conventions, being one of only two fighters who wield weapons in the series, they decided to put a character inspired by him in SoulEdge and every Soul Calibur game as well. The Yoshimitsu in Soul Calibur is believed to be the ancestor of the Yoshimitsu in Tekken, and they are also the characters that canonically binds the two games together.

I would personally assign him as a Tekken character, since he did first originate in the original Tekken. But I guess it kinda depends on how you go about him? Will he take more from Soul Calibur (Reversale Edge, Break Impact, etc..) or from Tekken (Kazuya's Rage for example)? That's the crux of the matter in my opinion.

Which design, stage, music you'll go with depends on which series he'd rep as well.
Thanks! I guess I’ll go do a bit of research on both games then until I make my decision Out of curiosity, who is the other weapon-wielder in Tekken?

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Thanks! I guess I’ll go do a bit of research on both games then until I make my decision Out of curiosity, who is the other weapon-wielder in Tekken?
That would be Kunimitsu, as she fights using her knife along with ninjutsu. She and Yoshimitsu are one of the big rivalries within the series, hailing from the first ever Tekken (although, granted, she hasn't appeared in every mainline game unlike Yoshimitsu).

Worth to note though, since Tekken 7, she has a successor reffered to as Kunimitsu II within the fanbase.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Inspired by these two posts originally written by my dear friends, Venus and Robotto, I decided to submit our one and the only SNK Boss Syndrome master (considering that Rugal is a boss) with hobbies of falling off high buildings, good Engrish quotes and being a bad father to his son (I mean, why else he fought off with Heihachi?). Those may give you guys some explaining, besides my backstory and some moveset notes way below.
Name; Geese Howard
Series/Company: Fatal Fury/SNK
Why to Include: Geese is a iconic character within the fighting game community and one of the more famous fighting games baddies during the fighting game 16-bit era. His importance is enough to land him a coveted guest DLC spot for Tekken 7. Bringing Geese would close so many crossover gaps between not only him and his rival, Terry, but also with Ryu and Ken and Kazuya. Geese also has tons of moves to boot which would be interesting to see be formatted into Smash. He plays very differently from Terry in his home games and this would be very much the same as in Smash. Unlike Hat Ken, Throwing Ken would utilize various throws, grapples, and counters to play a more powerful yet defensive gameplay style.

We also have yet to include a third party launch boss and perhaps this could be the one we choose! Also, adding SNK seems like a safe bet as we wouldn't kill off Namco, Sega, or Microsoft reps. However, his demand and appeal for Smash is pretty low considering and people tend to want Iori, Naokoruru, or a Metal Slug character instead. Still, one can deny his importance and popularity when he was revealed for Tekken 7.

• Geese's Tower: One of the stages that I'm the most fan of when discussing them for Smash, but that's probably because it doesn't include an actual irl location in its name lol. A version of this stage made it in Tekken 7 along with Geese himself. Where Geese appears outside of KOF, this stage appears alongside him. We'll probably have to do the same what Tekken did and include our own take on the stage as there have been many variations of it in the Fatal Fury series. Some of these variations you can see here in the spoiler.​

A proper Fatal Fury stage would also be quite handy for if we end up including a proper King of Fighters representative somewhere down the line. As the KOF Stadium could serve as their homestage instead and this proper Fatal Fury stage would work as Terry's. And hey, if we don't, still having two separate stages representing KOF (which is basically just SNK Smash Bros.) and Fatal Fury is still hella neat. Because at the end of the day, Fatal Fury and the King of Fighters are 2 wildly different series and incorporating an actual stage for Terry would reinforce that fact for people that might not be aware.

Also more Fatal Fury tracks, hell yeah, hahah.
Job #200: New Third-Party Fighting Game Rep - Geese Howard (Fatal Fury)

As we all know, Geese Howard is the main villain/chief antagonist of the Fatal Fury series, and by extension, a secondary villain in Art of Fighting, created by SNK Corporation. He is the local crime boss of the South Town, who created and hosted a fighting tournament named "The King of Fighters", in which he faces the brothers Terry & Andy Bogard, and their friend Joe Higashi, who want to take revenge for their adoptive father Jeff's death. Finally, in Real Bout Fatal Fury, after several tournaments, Geese is unintentionally killed by Terry Bogard, who later adopted his son, Rock Howard, who held a grudge against him after he refused to save his mother (wife for Geese) from her death. In Art of Fighting and it's sequel, he focuses his efforts in overthrowing a kingpin named Mr. Big and eventually became the afore-mentioned crime lord, having ordered the latter to kidnap Ryo's sister, Yuri Sakazaki, to keep in line with their father, Takuma (as Mr. Karate) by forcing him to work for him, thus making him the arch-enemy for both Terry and Ryo.

He later appeared in The King of Fighters series, in which he seeks to get the power from the creature Orochi and often sends teams representing him, either having always been shown in the position of a villain or an anti-hero, and guest appearances in other games such as Capcom vs. SNK series, Tekken 7 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (as a Legend-class Spirit and cameo in King of Fighters Stadium).

Much like his rival, Terry Bogard, Geese's moveset also involves a combination of martial arts such as Aikijutsu, which he uses for several types of throws like counters and locks, and Hakkyokuseiken, which allows him to use chi for his techniques and Super Special/Desperation Moves by absorbing energy from the Earth such as:
  • Reppuken: Geese swipes his hand upwards, creating a wind-like chi blade projectile that travels forward on the ground or stays in-front of him, negating any projectile that comes in contact with it.
  • Double Reppuken: Same as before, except that Geese performs the technique twice in a quick succession, with a second Reppuken being slightly larger and sending a larger chi projectile forward, which then explodes.
  • Shippuken: While in the air, Geese fires a fireball-like chi projectile angled downwards from his hands. He can also shoot two of them at once with Double Shippuken.
  • Hishō Nichirinzan: Geese performs a quick, short-ranged shoulder tackle and then leaps into the air, creating a wind blade by slashing his hand downwards in a crescent motion. Acts as an anti-air move similarly to Terry's Power Dunk.
  • Ja'ei Ken: Geese dashes towards the opponent, performing a 3-hit combo which he ends with either a palm strike, large chi explosion or throwing the opponent far behind him.
  • Fudou Ken: Geese delivers a swift palm strike and then follows up with either a double palm attack (A), an overhead kick (Un) or a sweeping kick (Ba).
  • Atemi Nage: Geese's infamous counter techniques, which depends how an opponent attacks him at different heights.
    • Jōdan - When attacked with overhead/aerial attacks, Geese grabs the opponent above himand then slams them onto the ground behind him. Works pretty much similarly to Mii Brawler's Counter Throw, as used in his official Spirit battle in Ultimate.
    • Chūdan - When attacked at a normal height, Geese grabs the opponent in-front of him and then turns around as he slams them, much like his Jōdan Atemi Nage.
    • Gedan - When attacked while crouching, Geese blocks a low attack and then backhands the opponent away from him.
  • Raimei Gōha Nage: When an opponent is laying on the ground after been knocked down, Geese grabs them from the ground, lifting them by their neck and then turns around while slamming them back onto the ground, with a lightning bolt striking them.
  • Raging Storm: Geese's most iconic Desperation Move, in which he channels his power and then creates a shockwave around him by slamming his hands onto the ground, forming large spikes of chi that does powerful damage.
  • Deadly Rave: Geese lunges at the opponent and then performs a quick and strong 7-hit combo once he hits them, finishing it with an explosive chi blast that sends them flying forward.
  • Raigō Reppuken: Geese creates a stronger Reppuken infused with the power of electricity, that moves along the ground and can hit up to 4 times. It also does more damage and is larger than a normal Reppuken.
  • Rashomon: Geese's strongest Desperation Move, in which he taunts the opponent before uppercutting them high into the air. He then swings both arms in opposing directions while charging chi into them. As the opponent falls, he strikes them with a two-handed palm strike to their mid-section which launches them forward away.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sophitia Alexandra (Soulcalibur)

A major character in Namco Bandai's SoulCalibur series. A Greek woman with a strong will and sense of honor, she was tasked by the gods to seek out and destory the evil blade Soul Edge. However, a peice of the blade would embedded itself in her heart, causing trouble for her and her family in the future.

Sophitia is known for being a speedy character, using her sword and shield to attack. She uses a verity of kicks and strikes, being a juggle heavy character. Sophitia's moveset also makes heavy use of lightning.

Sophitia is one of the most popular characters in the franchise, even appearing in other games, such as a story relevant cameo in Koei's Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate.

Some of her appearances are a bit fan service-y, but I believe this shouldn't be an issue for us as she has plenty of appearances for us to pull from.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Because no one else has...

Job 200: Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear series; Arc Systemworks)
1635095645727.png

I'm not gonna pretend I'm some kind of expert on GG but damn, this series has had a huge impact on the fighting game genre, with stuff like the Tension Gauge and Insta-Kill techniques being adapted into later fighting games in similar forms; as well as being the first "Anime 2.5D fighter."

Sol's got a unique and iconic design, an interesting weapon, could provide a playstyle similar in scope to someone like Kazuya, and, most important to me personally, would bring in some incredibly awesome music from his home series. Without Sol and Guilty Gear, we wouldn't have BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena, Under Night-in-Birth, Skullgirls, and more. As series protagonist, I feel like Sol's the most obvious inclusion. He's also the de-facto mascot of ArcSys, so really only someone like him or maybe Kunio-kun really make sense to represent the company properly.

If you need any more convincing, just listen to this dude's theme music.

Last edited:

View attachment 335611

I'm not gonna pretend I'm some kind of expert on GG but damn, this series has had a huge impact on the fighting game genre, with stuff like the Tension Gauge and Insta-Kill techniques being adapted into later fighting games in similar forms; as well as being the first "Anime 2.5D fighter."

Sol's got a unique and iconic design, an interesting weapon, could provide a playstyle similar in scope to someone like Kazuya, and, most important to me personally, would bring in some incredibly awesome music from his home series. Without Sol and Guilty Gear, we wouldn't have BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena, Under Night-in-Birth, Skullgirls, and more. As series protagonist, I feel like Sol's the most obvious inclusion. He's also the de-facto mascot of ArcSys, so really only someone like him or maybe Kunio-kun really make sense to represent the company properly.

I submitted Sol Badguy already. Sorry man, you can submit someone else.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I submitted Sol Badguy already. Sorry man, you can submit someone else.
Next time, include a picture so people don't miss your post.

I don't actually think anyone else is really relevant since I can't submit Chun-Li, Nightmare's already been submitted, Hayabusa should absolutely be in before DoA, and any western characters are out, so there's no real point. I just wanted to make sure Sol got submitted.

Next time, include a picture so people don't miss your post.

I don't actually think anyone else is really relevant since I can't submit Chun-Li, Nightmare's already been submitted, Hayabusa should absolutely be in before DoA, and any western characters are out, so there's no real point. I just wanted to make sure Sol got submitted.
Or U know what.
Maybe you will submit someone else from Guilty Gear. (Not forcing you, just giving some advice)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I think people have this idea that "main character first" doesn't matter anymore because Min Min, Kazuya, and Pythra got in before the "obvious" pick, despite the fact that:

- According to ARMS' director, the game has no main character (which is supported by the fact there is no in-game story mode) and thus, literally anyone on the roster of ARMS could've made sense, Min Min was likely chosen for ease of adaptation of the core mechanics, and because she's clearly the creators' favorite.

- Kazuya was the protagonist of the first Tekken game, and one of the series three "revolving" protagonists along with his father, Heihachi, and son, Jin; arguably the three are interchangeable as far as protagonism goes, and Kazuya is the main central figure upon which the series' actual lore is focused on.

- Pyra and Mythra, or the Aegis as they are truly called, are the focal point of the entire scope of Xenoblade Chronicles 2's plot, and due to story spoilers I won't go into, are just as much the protagonist as Rex is, on a personal level. Just because Rex is the first proper playable character doesn't make him the full on protagonist. Mythra's also the main character/one of the main characters of the Torna DLC, which has events directly setting up the events of the main game in it, so...

Then there's the debate of the Pokemon, which yes, technically did get in before the player character, but they're the whole point of their world, and Pikachu was the mascot of the brand; and on top of that, we didn't start getting "player Avatars" until Brawl - unless you consider Link to be one.

My point is, we have never gotten a case of a character who isn't the clear main character of their series getting in before the main protagonist. I could maybe see an argument for Iori over Kyo or Ky over Sol, since their rivalries are so tied into the series lore that one could argue they might as well be the duerotagonist, but I still believe Sakurai would choose Kyo and Sol rather than Iori or Ky, and personally, I prefer his design philosophy to just "let's cram X character in because **** the rules"

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Eh Scew it Ramlethal has no chance of winning time to go all out

THIS WILL REPLACE MY RAMLETHAL SUBMISSION.

Job 200

Arcueid Brunestud (Melty Blood)

Arcueid is the main heroine of the visual novel series Tsukihime and primarily one of the major characters of the Melty Blood franchise. She is essentially a vampire. She has incredible physical prowess and speed and has access to an all powerful Marble Phantasm which allows her to warp reality.

Here is a video of her moveset in Melty Blood.

Arcueid would be a great addition because she would be the first Type-moon representative in smash, Type-moon created the incredibly popular "Nasuverse" that contains franchises like Fate/Stay Night which makes millions of dollars every year and is a cultural phenomenon and the new Melty Blood Type Lumina just released and is on track to do very well, and the other melty blood games have a consistent fanbase.

Oh yeah also Neco-arc

Neco-arc could be included in Arcueids taunts and the like.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
- Pyra and Mythra, or the Aegis as they are truly called, are the focal point of the entire scope of Xenoblade Chronicles 2's plot, and due to story spoilers I won't go into, are just as much the protagonist as Rex is, on a personal level. Just because Rex is the first proper playable character doesn't make him the full on protagonist. Mythra's also the main character/one of the main characters of the Torna DLC, which has events directly setting up the events of the main game in it, so...
You could also say that Pythra also got in over Rex because of the technical difficulties that Sakurai described, so the protagonist was still supposed to get in first.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Job 200

Arcueid is the main heroine of the visual novel series Tsukihime and primarily one of the major characters of the Melty Blood franchise. She is essentially a vampire. She has incredible physical prowess and speed and has access to an all powerful Marble Phantasm which allows her to warp reality.

Arcueid would be a great addition because she would be the first Type-moon representative in smash, Type-moon created the incredibly popular "Nasuverse" that contains franchises like Fate/Stay Night which makes millions of dollars every year and is a cultural phenomenon and the new Melty Blood Type Lumina just released and is on track to do very well, and the other melty blood games have a consistent fanbase.

Only if we can get a spirit of Neco-Arc.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
ABF3F70E-3210-43F4-BB58-81329A30C733.png
Yoshimitsu (Tekken)

Yoshimitsu is a veteran in not one, but two fighting game series. Appearing first in Tekken, Yoshimitsu in a mantle passed on from one to the other to maintain the illusion of an immortal fighter. In SoulCalibur, Yoshimitsu appears too!

His unique design makes for a wonderfully new fresh take on the fighting game character. While he does use a sword, he has a lot more tricks up his sleeve, such as self-healing, poisonous gases and a move where he uses his blade as a helicopter, which allows him to fly. Furthermore, he has various “stances” which allows him to use his sword like a pogo stick, among other things. As a blend between Tekken and SoulCalibur, he can act like a bridge between the two moveset-wise too, using both Tekken mechanics as well as Soul Calibur mechanics. What mechanics that are can be discussed because I cannot be bothered to look up what kind of things they do in SoulCalibur. However, Yoshimitsu is important in both series, so he’s reaching a wide audience, along with an even wider audience with his appealing designs.

Yoshimitsu is all in all pretty iconic and a great step away from the technical brawlers with a fun and zany take on the swordfighter archetype.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Y'know I'd try to submit Haohmaru but I've already cribbed from him for Takamaru so probably not. Sol's already submitted and I don't know enough about other fighting games to really add on, so I think I'll just wait and see.

Man I really need to play more dedicated fighting games

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I do want to add that Melty Blood is based off of Tsukihime although it does have its pretty distinct fanbase and atop that, Arcueid's moveset is right there to pull from Melty Blood. Obviously nobody would call Yu Narukami a fighting game rep due to P4 Arena. I'm curious on how we'd go about Tsukihime/Melty Blood if Arc got into Smash.

buranyuu!~

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I do want to add that Melty Blood is based off of Tsukihime although it does have its pretty distinct fanbase and atop that, Arcueid's moveset is right there to pull from Melty Blood. Obviously nobody would call Yu Narukami a fighting game rep due to P4 Arena. I'm curious on how we'd go about Tsukihime/Melty Blood if Arc got into Smash.

buranyuu!~
I see no reason to not count Melty Blood here. The series might not be originally a Fighting Game, but it's easily most popular for being one. Same situation with Arle, nobody would add her as an RPG rep.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Kasumi
Dead or Alive
Koei-Tecmo

I’m breaking my original rule about no females but this who I intended to submit before deciding on said rule. One reason why I’m submitting Kasumi because Koei-Tecmo needs some love. Another reason is that DOA, while not as big as the other fighting games, has quite e legacy. That being said, Hayabusa should obviously 100% get in before she does. Her inclusion could mean that we grandfather Hayabusa in via DLC. This would kind of break speculation and cause fans to look more so to secondary franchises from a company rather than then flagship franchises. It might be a nice way to break the montane of speculation.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please note that we will be closing submissions in the next few hours. We will then enter into a their discussion period about the submissions before getting into voting.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord

Kasumi
Dead or Alive
Koei-Tecmo

I’m breaking my original rule about no females but this who I intended to submit before deciding on said rule. One reason why I’m submitting Kasumi because Koei-Tecmo needs some love. Another reason is that DOA, while not as big as the other fighting games, has quite e legacy. That being said, Hayabusa should obviously 100% get in before she does. Her inclusion could mean that we grandfather Hayabusa in via DLC. This would kind of break speculation and cause fans to look more so to secondary franchises from a company rather than then flagship franchises. It might be a nice way to break the montane of speculation.
Hey Persona isn't a fighting game!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED, DISCUSSION WILL BEGIN. WE VOTE IN 12 HOURS.

Let's just get to the submitting...

Fighting Game Rep: Ragna the Bloodedge
View attachment 335549
Ragna is the main protagonist of the Blazblue series by Arc System. Also known as "The Grim Reaper", he is a lone warrior who constantly finds himself at odds with the local authorities, including his adoptive brother, Jin. As you can see, Ragna happens to be an anime swordsman, but with a twist: his sword is actually pretty big and is more like a giant cleaver. But he also has another gimmick, in that he can drain the opponent's health to refuel his own. Unfortunately, to balance this out, Ragna has much less health of his own compared to the rest.

(Sorry if I got certain details wrong, it's been awhile since I played Blazblue).
Bob

He's a thicc boy. This is not an ironic submission, I just want a fat American guy that much.

I also think he was an inspiration for K. Rool's moveset.
Job 200: Heihachi Mishima
from Tekken

View attachment 335556

From the Tekken series, Heihachi is no pushover. He is the father of the current Tekken character in Smash, Kazuya Mishima. He is just as ruthless and cunning as his son. He's shared the spot as a series main villain but unlike Kazuya, he was the villain in the very first Tekken and set the events of the future games to come. When Kazuya was a young boy, Heihachi threw him off of a cliff to prove his strength. Since Tekken 7 however, we learned that he had done so to test whether he had the devil gene inside of him passed down from his mother, Kazumi Mishima. Since then, throwing people off of cliffs has become something of a Mishima pastime. Heihachi also happens to be voiced by the Unsho Ishizuka whose last role before his death happening to be Incineroar in SSBU.

I'm pretty tired so I won't give a huge write-up for him but I've submitted him in the past. To be frank, I wanted to submit Heihachi because I wanted to figure out a way to adapt Tekken's multi-limb system but seeing as how Kazuya forgoes that, I've instead wanted to figure out something Sakurai rejected him in favor of Kazuya for. That thing being his specials.

Kazuya was chosen because his devil abilities would make his moveset more interesting and I given how all the command inputs were given to his normal attacks, that probably gave the DLC team some ease when it came to designing his, all things considered, simpler special moves. With that in mind, I'd like to be creative and think of what kind of attacks Heihachi could use to make him interesting as well as what his recovery would be given how he has no in-built wings to use.
View attachment 335561
Asuka Kazama from Tekken

Asuka is one of the characters in the Tekken series, She is the cousin of Jin Kazama and she goes after Feng Wei who took down her father's dojo & has some grudge against him since then(the later games are her vs. a girl named Lili).

She uses combat attacks such as kicking and punching similar to Kazuya but without the Devil Gene. She wouldn't be the most interesting character to vote for a fighting but she is a female character coming from the fighting game scene which is one reason to have her in the game, the other is also cause i kinda like her attractively and i'm sorry for saying that I just wanted to say the truth.
Job 200:

"Blood! Darkness! I shall drown Smash in both!"
View attachment 335562
Nightmare (Soul Calibur):

Hailing from the sister franchise of Tekken, Nightmare is an antagonist in the series and one of the most popular characters, up there with the likes of Ivy "The JUGgernaut" Valentine in terms of popularity. Wielding the giant sword that serves as the franchise's namesake, Nightmare uses hefty strikes, different stances, and dark soul-sucking magic to bolster his power. The fact that Tekken is in Smash Bros is already a bit of a foothold for Nightmare to make his debut, and since Soul Calibur generally follows the same rules as Tekken, it would make sense to give Nightmare a Kazuya-style control scheme. Imagine Cloud if he had Kazuya's diagonal inputs. That's not just a scary prospect. It's a nightmare.
Job 200: Merkava (Under Night In-Birth)
View attachment 335564
Who is Merkava? I have no idea. What I DO know is that someone made a really cool PM mod for him (it? them?). I would've submitted Nu-13, made by the same person, but someone already submitted Ragna so there's competition there.
He would need to be toned down... a bit... but his potential is evident from that trailer along. He's wildly different from every fighting game character in Smash right now.
Job 200:
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear) (Arc System Works)

Sol Badguy, his real name is Frederick is a main protagonist character from Guilty Gear series and he is a Gear that was made by scientist, who turns Humans into Bio-Weapon Gears, who have power of Fighting.
He made those Gears like Sol to destroy other Gears that weren't used in War. Instead, Sol Badguy became the Bounty Hunter of the series. During his attacks, he uses his Sword/Blade-like Weapon, but it doesn't mean that he is Swordfighter.

His Playstyle: Rushdown
His moveset would be cool, with references from Guilty Gear series and some original Moves that would beat those Guys out of the Stage. He could have Command Inputs like Ryu, Ken, Terry and Kazuya in SSBU and he could have 1v1 Facing like Ryu in Smash, where he faces opponent in opposite direction like straight at enemy. His Main Unique Gimmick in his gameplay, which it could be Tension Meter. By engaging on Enemy, moving towards or attacking it, this causes the Meter to fill up. If the Meter is full, he can spend it on Roman Cancel or an Overdrive, which he has in His moveset. However, zoning and acting passively would cause Meter to go down, draining from the position to Zero, where it was, causing Negative Penalty.
He could be Mid-Lightweight character and he can Wall Jump like Mario.

I nominate my Boi Sol Badguy, because he could represent Guilty Gear and he could also represent Arc System Works in Smash, which it could be Iconic. He could be unique fighter due to Fighting Game status and semi-swordfighter status mixed. He is also highly Requested and very likely character who would join the Infinite's Roster. He is very popular in East (Japan, Asia and Australia) and West (Europe and Americas), so why he can't join the Battle on Fighting Platformer with his unique Artstyle that could appeal the Roster.

And without Guilty Gear, there won't be Skullgirls, BlazBlue, Under Night, Persona 4 Arena and other fighting games that were influenced by Guilty Gear.

His Stage could be Lars Canyon, which it could be Sol's Home Stage and it could be another Desert-themed stage in Smash after Gerudo Valley. His series have cool soundtrack that it could fit in Smash, even with Remixes, who would sound more catchy.
View attachment 335596Job 200View attachment 335597
Iori Yagami The King of Fighters

View attachment 335570
"Asobi wa owari da!"/"Playtime is over!"
Introduction – Who is this dude and where does he come from?
As many of you may know, Iori Yagami is a character from the highly acclaimed Fighting Game series: The King of Fighters. A series that has not only left its huge permanent mark on the Fighting Game genre in its whole, but is also still running to this day and experiencing a new resurgence of popularity. Iori himself originated from the 2nd game in the series, The King of Fighters ‘95, one of the games that Sakurai credits as the primary inspiration of the Super Smash Bros franchise.

In KoF ‘95 he started as part of the Rival Team, along with team members Billy Kane and Eiji Kisaragi, who got access to the KOF tournament by… stealing the invitation of the USA Sport Team. Anyways, ever since Iori’s inclusion, Team Rivals has been a reoccurring team in the series with a different set of characters most of the time. As the name implies, this team is created to act as rivals of the Hero Team, or against a set of specific characters. The team is composed, of the most part, of characters who are important to the current story arc or the series in general. In KoF ’95 all characters of Team Rivals served as the respective rival of a major SNK protagonist; Billy Kane hailing from the Fatal Fury franchise served as Terry Bogard’s rival, Eiji Kisaragi from Art of Fighting served as Ryo Sakazaki’s rival and Iori served as Kyo’s rival, who are both major characters made exclusively for the King of Fighters. And ever since that game, a hot-blooded rivalry has started to scorch the arcades…

View attachment 335573
The aforementioned Rival Team from KoF '95. With Eiji, Iori and Billy from left to right.

Though that's not to say that this was Iori's definitive team, his most reoccuring team has been that with Mature and Vice, who are 2 souls that have been haunting him ever since Iori murdered them in KoF '96 when he was possesed by Orochi's curse, the Riot of the Blood. They like to accompany him in KoF tournaments since they are not only binded to Iori, but also because they have great interest in the boy. As within Iori's veins runs the blood of Orochi, a deity both of the women serve.

Iori is the heir of one of three clans that sealed the legendary snake Orochi 1800 years ago, the two other clans being the Kusanagi clan and the other the Yata clan, His clan, just like Kyo’s clan, are wielders of pyrokinetic powers. Though in contemporary life, Iori, As the current heir of his clan, it is his job along with the other heirs, Kyo and Chizuru, to keep Orochi sealed. For those unaware, Orochi is one of the primary antagonists of the King of Fighters series. It is a godlike powerful being that can take on many forms and has appeared in many reincarnations throughout time, though within the King of Fighters games it uses the body of one their followers, a boy named Chris, as a shell and takes the appearance of a young white-haired man. Orochi serves Gaia, Mother Earth, by all costs. It shows no mercy to humans and plans to exact revenge on the human race for its sins performed to nature and Earth. So yeah, this series goes beyond the typical tournament arc trope, and keep in mind this is only somewhat a quick summary of the overarching plot of the franchise, the KoF story goes places lemme tell you.
View attachment 335575
Team Yagami, Iori's most reocurring Team. Vice, Iori and Mature from left to right.

But well, back to Iori. Let’s answer some crucial questions, shall we?
The King of Fighters? We already have Terry! What’s the difference?
As much as appearances would like to convince you that they’re one and the same, it isn’t really the case. You see SNK started their venture within the Fighting Game genre back 1991 with the first ever Fatal Fury, and then, after it, proceeded to make a prequel-series called Art of Fighting starring Ryo Sakazaki. They’ve made both of these series cross over in Fatal Fury Special through a so-called “Dream Match” between Ryo and Terry. A "Dream Match" refers to matches that have little or no canon story and are purely there for the sake of crossing over, like Smash! Even dead characters may return to fight for the delight of fans in these Dream Matches. This battle between Ryo and Terry in Fatal Fury Special was the first fighting game crossover ever, and thus they’ve decided to do more and largen the scope of series crossing over. And just like that the King of Fighters series has been born, which consists of SNK series like Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Ikari and Psycho Soldier through characters and Metal Slug and Top Hunter through cameos and stages. Though most of the cast consists of original characters, and credit where credit is due, these characters are probably the most popular ones SNK has ever designed. And much like Smash Bros, the series has its own timeline. Just like how nothing in Smash is canon to the Mario Universe, Everything that happens in KoF is isolated within that universe. So yes, the King of Fighters would also require its own symbol, as putting the series under Fatal Fury is the same thing as putting the Kingdom Hearts series under Final Fantasy.

View attachment 335578
A King of Fighters symbol made for Smash, taken from the iconic "F" you see in most KoF logos

And this is where Iori comes in, he is an original character designed to be Kyo’s rival all the way back in the King of Fighters ’95. Funnily enough, this is the specific game that Sakurai has credited as one of the inspirations of Smash Brothers, as the King of Fighters is a crossover game for SNK, just like how Smash Bros started out as a crossover game for Nintendo. Not only that, but several mechanics from Smash originated and are clearly inspired from this series,

View attachment 335577
the cast of the King of Fighters '94, the first game in the long-running series.

Now let's talk Gameplay, The King of Fighters is very fundamentally different from Fatal Fury. Fatal Fury moreso fights like Street Fighter 2 but with multiple lanes (well, in most games at least) and with a bigger emphasis on special and super moves (hence Terry’s GO! Mechanic in Smash) whereas the King of Fighters? Ooh boy, there’s a reason why most people credit this series as the true ancestor to the contemporary Anime Fighters like Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. The King of Fighters series is mechanically quite complicated, as there is a bigger focus on jumping (to give you an idea, the games feature 4 different ways to jump: Hyper Hops, Normal Hops, Normal Jumps and Super Jumps), all characters also have a MAX Mode they can get into by sacrificing one or multiple stock of their super meter (called a "Stock Meter" in the KoF series), this is a mode where the character start glowing yellow and becomes stronger, special moves can be canceled into another move which allows longer lasting combos that would normally not be possible, and in some games the character’s Super Desperation Moves are locked behind MAX Mode. Talking about supers, another unique thing are the amount of supers KOF characters have, there are quite a lot. If the amount of stocks allows it, they would be able to perform Supers ranging from Desperation Moves to Super Desperation Moves all the way to Hidden Super Desperation Moves. So yeah, a KOF rep would bring tons of stuff over to the table, and depending how we go about it, we can put so many mechanics into one.

As Terry represents Fatal Fury and SNK’s first venture into the fighting game scene, having a proper KoF rep would represent SNK’s biggest series, the monolith known as the King of Fighters. One of the series that has inspired Sakurai to make Smash, the game we’re currently developing! This representative would fill in as our Fighting Game rep of this base game, and why not expand the SNK library in that case? And hey, all major third parties in Smash at the moment, safe for SNK, have two or more representatives (Except Disney, I guess). Hopefully I’ve been able to convince you on the idea of a KoF rep, but maybe you might have another important question.
Why not Kyo? Isn’t he the primary protagonist of the series?
True! Kyo is indeed the first and one of the primary protagonists of the King of Fighters series. Though that’s not to say that he’s the only protagonist of the series. To understand this, it’s crucial to give you a bit of insight as to how this series is built story-wise. As of right now, the King of Fighters consists of 4 sagas. Those being the Orochi Saga (’94-’98), NESTS Saga (’99-2002), Tales of Ash Saga (2003-XIII) and the current Saga which is still nameless as of yet (XIV - ???). Each and every saga has their own primary protagonist, or in some cases, multiple protagonists. The current Saga spearheads Shun’ei as its main protagonist, Tales of Ash had the titular Ash Crimson as its primary protagonist with Elizabeth arguably being a second Protagonist of that Saga, NESTS had the awesome and badass K’ (and if it were up to me and my bias alone, he would be the perfect KOF rep) and Kula, and the Orochi Saga had both Kyo and Iori.

The most notable KoF protagonists up until XIV. From left to right: Kyo, Iori, Ash, Kula, K'.

So yes, while Kyo is undoubtedly the face of the franchise, he’s definitely not alone. Because Kyo and Iori are the only protagonists, and also one of the few characters in general, who have appeared in every King of Fighters game ever since their inception. Though while Iori Yagami made his entrance in King of Fighters history in its second game, King of Fighters '95, he hasn't missed a single game ever since. If that isn’t enough to put these two characters as equals to you. Then let me present you the fact that very often, if not always, Iori is seen next to Kyo in promotional material even outside of their own Saga. Even with their positions replaced as protagonists, their faces are still there to be seen in the covers of recent KOF games. Well, outside of the NESTS ones that is, as SNK (& Eolith) were really pushing for K’ to be the next protagonist of the series.

So now that we’ve established that Kyo and Iori are of equal footing, why should we pick Iori above Kyo? Well, let me present some points.
  • He is a fan favorite: Both Kyo and Iori have always competed for the number 1 spot in official popularity polls, with one slightly edging out the other each time. Though a recent official poll for KOF XIV conducted by the community manager of SNK has revealed that Iori has beaten Kyo quite badly. With the former coming in fourth, and the latter being all the way at 11th
  • Sakurai clearly loves him: It’s no secret that the King of Fighters is a favorite of Sakurai. And it’s also no secret that Iori holds a soft spot for Sakurai as well. Remember this little quote (pictured below)? Honestly with Sakurai’s popular anecdote on KOF ’95 (the game where Iori debuted), he explicitly stated that he played the most as Ryo, but with KOF being a 3vs3 team-based fighter and with him fanboying over Iori, it wouldn’t surprise me if he was one of Sakurai’s mains as well. In Terry's trailer, he was the last one to miss the envelope, which could possibly mean he was the closest to getting in after Terry. So let's give him that sweet justice now.
  • Left-Field Factor: SNK characters don’t really get taken seriously within the world of Smash speculation. Most people already see Terry as an all-encompassing SNK rep. But when people do consider other characters, the frontrunners have always been Nakoruru as a Samurai Shodown rep (too bad she has been disqualified due to the inclusion of Takamaru), another Fatal Fury rep in the form of Geese or Rock Howard, and Kyo as a KOF representative… and sometimes Shun’ei. Iori doesn’t really get brought up often, and when he does people mention his underdog status within the speculation scene, like this well written article from not-so-long-ago here. So yes, Iori would indeed be one way to shatter expectations, as SNK fans tend to say.
  • He is visually more interesting: Alright, I love Kyo a lot, he’s one of my favorite fictional characters ever. But as far as looks are concerned, the dude relatively looks like a normal High Schooler when put next to most SNK characters, and especially next to Iori. Western fans that might not be aware, might just dismiss him as another brawler boy, all the while Iori’s visual design invites you to know more of the character. Iori would surely stand out among the Asian-looking fighting game characters like Ryu and Kazuya and the American-inspired Terry and Ken. Iori’s design was a hit when it came out, and it still works today. There are also some designs to pick & choose from as alts.

Possible alternate costumes for Iori.
  • Morally ambiguous character? Hell yeah: Iori isn’t necessarily a villain, but he’s not a good guy either. He is moreso a Rival character, like Gary Oak or Meta Knight. You see, the dude hates Kyo a lot due to an ancestral grudge, and really wants him dead (or so he says, he’s most likely just exaggerating). Though if both Kyo and Iori have a common goal, which is defeating and sealing Orochi most of the time, he’s able to settle aside his differences and work with him. It does need a lot of convincing from Chizuru however. Just like when Kazuya entered the fray, having a morally ambiguous character is always a treat.​
Now that I hope you can see why putting in Iori over Kyo (or any other KoF character) makes sense, you might have another very important question...

So what are we gonna do with Terry and the KOF Stadium if Iori gets in?
There’s a quite simple answer for that. It’s fairly obvious the KoF Stadium does a more proper job representing the King of Fighters franchise than Fatal Fury. So I advise that instead of giving another KoF stage to Iori, we just give a Fatal Fury stage to Terry. Or else the man would quite literally be homeless. I’ve done a post on this not long ago and I don’t really want to repeat myself, or else this already long submission post would only be longer aaa, so here it is.

As for the music? Well, all Fatal Fury tracks (and mayybe the Art of Fighting ones too, given they’re canonically linked) would be under the Fatal Fury series. Whereas all the other SNK tracks would still be playable on the KOF Stadium, to reference the fact that it’s a crossover.

Talking about music. Even if only confined to KOF, the music library is straight up baller. Here are some of my favorites that haven’t made it in Smash yet. Granted most of these are Arranged tracks, which SNK don’t fully own (which is also the reason why you didn’t see them in Ultimate), but they serve as an amazing point of reference for hypothetical remixes. Yeah, I know, we already got tons of tracks, but there's just too much good stuff left untouched!

Last Words
I hope this was enough to convince you. This is a big post I know, but this dude deserves it. There's still tons of stuff I haven't delved into, but I don't really want this to get any longer. Although I do want to post the amazing lyrics of the KoF '98 intro.

It all began in '94, kept on rolling in '95, pieces were in place in '96, it came to an end in '97. Now, here it comes and here we go. KOF is here again. Nothing's gonna stop, its 1998.

Inspired by these two posts originally written by my dear friends, Venus and Robotto, I decided to submit our one and the only SNK Boss Syndrome master (considering that Rugal is a boss) with hobbies of falling off high buildings, good Engrish quotes and being a bad father to his son (I mean, why else he fought off with Heihachi?). Those may give you guys some explaining, besides my backstory and some moveset notes way below.

Job #200: New Third-Party Fighting Game Rep - Geese Howard (Fatal Fury)

As we all know, Geese Howard is the main villain/chief antagonist of the Fatal Fury series, and by extension, a secondary villain in Art of Fighting, created by SNK Corporation. He is the local crime boss of the South Town, who created and hosted a fighting tournament named "The King of Fighters", in which he faces the brothers Terry & Andy Bogard, and their friend Joe Higashi, who want to take revenge for their adoptive father Jeff's death. Finally, in Real Bout Fatal Fury, after several tournaments, Geese is unintentionally killed by Terry Bogard, who later adopted his son, Rock Howard, who held a grudge against him after he refused to save his mother (wife for Geese) from her death. In Art of Fighting and it's sequel, he focuses his efforts in overthrowing a kingpin named Mr. Big and eventually became the afore-mentioned crime lord, having ordered the latter to kidnap Ryo's sister, Yuri Sakazaki, to keep in line with their father, Takuma (as Mr. Karate) by forcing him to work for him.

He later appeared in The King of Fighters series, in which he seeks to get the power from the creature Orochi and often sends teams representing him, either having always been shown in the position of a villain or an anti-hero, and guest appearances in other games such as Capcom vs. SNK series, Tekken 7 and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (as a Legend-class Spirit and cameo in King of Fighters Stadium).

Much like his rival and arch-enemy Terry Bogard, Geese's moveset also involves martial arts such as Aikijutsu, which he uses for several types of throws like counters and locks, and Hakkyokuseiken, which allows him to use chi for his techniques and Super Special/Desperation Moves by absorbing energy from the Earth such as:
  • Reppuken: Geese swipes his hand upwards, creating a wind-like chi blade projectile that travels forward on the ground or stays in-front of him, negating any projectile that comes in contact with it.
  • Double Reppuken: Same as before, except that Geese performs the technique twice in a quick succession, with a second Reppuken being slightly larger and sending a larger chi projectile forward, which then explodes.
  • Shippuken: While in the air, Geese fires a fireball-like chi projectile angled downwards from his hands. He can also shoot two of them at once with Double Shippuken.
  • Hishō Nichirinzan: Geese performs a quick, short-ranged shoulder tackle and then leaps into the air, creating a wind blade by slashing his hand downwards in a crescent motion. Acts as an anti-air move similarly to Terry's Power Dunk.
  • Ja'ei Ken: Geese dashes towards the opponent, performing a 3-hit combo which he ends with either a palm strike, large chi explosion or throwing the opponent far behind him.
  • Fudou Ken: Geese delivers a swift palm strike and then follows up with either a double palm attack (A), an overhead kick (Un) or a sweeping kick (Ba).
  • Atemi Nage:Geese's infamous counter techniques, which depends how an opponent attacks him at different heights.
    • Jōdan - When attacked with overhead/aerial attacks, Geese grabs the opponent above himand then slams them onto the ground behind him. Works pretty much similarly to Mii Brawler's Counter Throw, as used in his official Spirit battle in Ultimate.
    • Chūdan - When attacked at a normal height, Geese grabs the opponent in-front of him and then turns around as he slams them, much like his Jōdan Atemi Nage.
    • Gedan - When attacked while crouching, Geese blocks a low attack and then backhands the opponent away from him.
  • Raimei Gōha Nage: When an opponent is laying on the ground after been knocked down, Geese grabs them from the ground, lifting them by their neck and then turns around while slamming them back onto the ground, with a lightning bolt striking them.
  • Raging Storm: Geese's most iconic Desperation Move, in which he channels his power and then creates a shockwave around him by slamming his hands onto the ground, forming large spikes of chi that does powerful damage.
  • Deadly Rave: Geese lunges at the opponent and then performs a quick and strong 7-hit combo once he hits an opponent, finishing it with an explosive chi blast that sends them flying forward.
  • Raigō Reppuken: Geese creates a stronger Reppuken infused with the power of electricity, that moves along the ground and can hit up to 4 times. It also does more damage and is larger than a normal Reppuken.
  • Rashomon: Geese's strongest Desperation Move, in which he taunts the opponent before uppercutting them high into the air. He then swings both arms in opposing directions while charging chi into them. As the opponent falls, he strikes them with a two-handed palm strike to their mid-section which launches them forward away.

Sophitia Alexandra (Soulcalibur)

A major character in Namco Bandai's SoulCalibur series. A Greek woman with a strong will and sense of honor, she was tasked by the gods to seek out and destory the evil blade Soul Edge. However, a peice of the blade would embedded itself in her heart, causing trouble for her and her family in the future.

Sophitia is known for being a speedy character, using her sword and shield to attack. She uses a verity of kicks and strikes, being a juggle heavy character. Sophitia's moveset also makes heavy use of lightning.

Sophitia is one of the most popular characters in the franchise, even appearing in other games, such as a story relevant cameo in Koei's Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate.

Some of her appearances are a bit fan service-y, but I believe this shouldn't be an issue for us as she has plenty of appearances for us to pull from.

View attachment 335611

Job 200

Oh yeah also Neco-arc

Neco-arc could be included in Arcueids taunts and the like.

Kasumi
Dead or Alive
Koei-Tecmo

@wierdchillfever, Yoshimitsu would be ineligible due to being too much like Takamaru (a stretch I know but give their entire archetype). I meant to inform you earlier. While I am stopping submissions, you are free to do a substitute submission within the next 12 hours.

Here are our submissions!!
  • Ragna the Bloodedge (BlazBlue)
  • Bob (Tekken)
  • Heihachi (Tekken)
  • Asuka Kazama (Tekken)
  • Nightmare (SoulCalibur)
  • Merkava (Under Night In-Birth)
  • Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
  • Iori Yagami (King of Fighters)
  • Geese Howard (Fatal Fury)
  • Sophia Alexandra (SoulCalibur)
  • Acrueid Brunsteid (Melty Blood)
  • Kasumi (Dead or Alive)
This is a remember that this character will be placed after Ms. Pac-Man and before our final fighter.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Any restrictions I need to keep in mind before I submit a Tekken character? I know Kuma is occupied in several roles in the game already so I assume I can’t submit him.
Jin and Kasumi appear as cameos on the Mishima Dojo stage and Kuma appears as a Assist while Armor King appears as a Mii costume. Mokujin/Tetsujin are enemies in Smash Dungeon while Ancient Ogre is a boss.

Those cameos can be worked around just like Heihachi though so it’s ok.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom