• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Alright, this is my first time doing this, so it might be a little rough. I present to you...
Rayman

Who is Rayman?
Rayman is the star of the Rayman series, a series of platformers of the same name that started in the mid 90s. The series is incredibly popular with kids who grew up around that time period, and while it’s been a while since his latest installment, Rayman Legends, it’s considered one of the greatest 2D platformers out there by fans and critics alike.

Why should he be in Smash?
Oddly enough, Rayman has been represented in Smash for two games in a row as a “museum” character - a trophy in Smash for Wii U (accompanied by his friends Globox and Barbara), and a spirit in Ultimate. Since his trophy in the former game was revealed, he became a popular pick from fans and still has a strong support base to this day. Also, with Banjo and Crash in the game, Rayman is one of the only 90s platforming icons to not be playable in Smash.

How would he play?
Rayman would be a rather easy character to translate into Smash, since Rayman Origins and Legends control pretty similarly to a Smash game. You could take his attacks from those games and you pretty much have 50% of his regular attacks done. Of course, something that should be kept in mind when designing him is his lack of limbs, which could give him more range than your average fighter. However, he also has many tools from all across his series that he could use in his specials.

How would Rayman be received by the community?
Rayman’s inclusion would likely be rather well received due to being a popular request. There will likely be some jokes about how Rayman made it into Smash before we’ve seen a gameplay trailer for Beyond Good & Evil 2 (a game originally directed by Rayman’s creator). However, there could be some controversy due to Ubisoft - Rayman’s owner - being a fairly controversial company, but it would likely die down after a while.
Hi, great writeup on Rayman. Unfortunately, he was submitted as a Mii Costume and is quite tragically ineligible to be submitted. Thanks for your submission though! Hopefully Ray Man will get his chance another time in Infinite!

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Crazy Dave: It's About Time!

What is Plants Vs. Zombies?
1628743043723.png

Plants Vs. Zombies is a series of tower defense games where you defend your house, and brains, against an onslaught of hungry zombies commanded by the nefarious Dr. Zomboss. The first game in the series, Plants Vs. Zombies, was released for PC and Mac on May 5, 2009, after being promoted by the viral Zombies on your Lawn music video. The game launched with great success, selling over 1.5 million copies in the first year alone, this being before it received ports to iOS, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Android, PlayStation Vita, and most importantly, the Nintendo DS which is what qualifies the series for this prompt. The game even received Download Game of the Year, and Strategy Game of the year at the Golden Joysticks, prompting an updated game of the year release on July 11, 2010.

The game itself contains a 50 level adventure mode, spanning 5 different locations of the player's house, such as the front yard, pool, and roof. Upon repeat playthroughs the difficulty is ramped up as Crazy Dave locks 3 random plants into the player's selection of up to 9 plants. Outside of the adventure mode, there are 25 unique mini games, featuring mechanics entirely unseen in the main campaign such as plant zombie hybrids, portals, bejeweled like gameplay and more. Furthermore there is a puzzle mode, featuring a selection of Vasebreaker levels, in which plants and zombies are randomly hidden within breakable vases, and I, Zombie levels, in which the roles are reversed and you deploy zombies to fight your way through a set of predetermined plants. If that wasn't enough, for the most skilled botanists, there is survival mode in which you have to survive 5 days of increasingly challenging zombies in each of the 5 main stages. For the true sadists, Endless modes are available for I, Zombie, Vasebreaker, and Survival.

and for those who want to give the zombies a break there is even a gardening side mode, The Zen Garden, in which you can collect every plant for your viewing pleasure.

Whether it was the wacky character designs of the plants and zombies, such as the Imitater, Squash, Dolphin Rider Zombie and Yeti Zombie, the incredible OST by Laura Shigihara, or ability to appeal to both casual and hardcore gamers alike, Plants Vs. Zombies was a success. In fact it was so successful it became Popcap's fastest selling game, attracting the attention of EA who acquired them in 2012. While EA can often make poor game decisions, they started the series off well with a time traveling sequel, Plants Vs. Zombies 2: Its about time, and a surprisingly successful third person shooter spin off series, Plants. Vs Zombies Garden Warfare, which now has more installments than the main series. (and the most recent of which made its way to the switch).

Why Include Plants Vs. Zombies in Smash?
Plants Vs. Zombies isnt a name too heavily thrown around in the smash speculation scene, but I feel the series has a lot of things going for it, especially for this prompt. While I do think the series' merits are worth diving into, almost every potential new third party series brings a lot to the table, so I'll keep it somewhat brief, relative to the rest of this post anyway.

Tower Defense
Simply put, Plants Vs. Zombies brings an unrepped genre of gameplay to smash. The Tower Defense genre isn't particularly action oriented, which at face value may seem like a negative when translating the character to smash, but I view it as a positive, as it brings the potential for a fighter with a unique gameplay style and one that forces us to put our creative minds to the test.

It also represents an entire genre of games which really can't be seen as a negative. Being a Tower Defense also lends itself to some really neat ideas for bosses, items, and assists, as they would all presumably replicate some element of the tower defense gameplay.

EA
Now this may be a tough sell given EA's practices in the past, I do believe EA's acquisition of Popcap, and therefore the Plants Vs. Zombies IP is a positive for the series. When thinking of Western gaming companies, big ones that come to mind for me are Activision, Sony, Ubisoft, EA, and Microsoft. Comparatively EA is in quite a unique position in terms of Smash. Activision and Microsoft already have fighters in the from of Crash, and Banjo/Steve respectively, and Ubisoft and Sony are more or less out of the running due to having their mascot mii'd (Rayman), or not having Nintendo appearances in the case of Sony. So essentially Plants Vs. Zombies is in a position to bring a new major western company to smash, which not many other series can say about themselves.

While Western Indie fighters would bring new companies to smash as well, I think some of the appeal of an indie fighter has worn off after Reimu's inclusion, and its hard to claim that EA hasn't had a bigger impact on the video game industry as a whole than most indie companies. While I definitely agree that EA's business practices are generally abhorrent, we've generally agreed to put ethics aside for most inclusions, such as with Crash bringing Activision with him, the twitter deal shudders, and the potential returning of the accused predatory fighter pass system.

Modern but not too Modern
All of our third party inclusions in Infinite; Crash, Jill, Leon, Reimu, and Eggman date back to the pre 2000s. This stays true for most of Ultimate's roster as well, with Bayonetta, Steve, Joker, and the Luminary being the only post 2000s third parties. Of course this is understandable, as third parties often require legacy to get in, with the supposed exception of "shill" picks as the speculation scene likes to call them. Crazy Dave fits in this window nicely, coming right before Steve and Bayonetta to where his series carries a decade of legacy with it, but is also recognizable to soon to be adults that grew up on ipod touches playing plants vs zombies. Essentially the Plants Vs. Zombies series is one which can age up the smash roster without seeming like a pick to cash in on the latest craze.

We also can't ignore the fact that Steve was one of, if not the most hype-inducing reveals possibly in all of smash history, and Crazy Dave hails from around that same era, and appeals to around the same age range. The kids who grew up on Minecraft and Plants Vs. Zombies are now consumers and just as much apart of the gaming community as those who grew up on Final Fantasy 7 and Ocarina of Time, and our picks should reflect that.

Piranha Plant vs Zombie
We already are able to reference the series so closely, with the Piranha Plant and the Zombie skin for Steve both being in Ultimate, so why not go all the way and make plants vs zombies in smash a reality?

How Would Crazy Dave Work in Smash?
I've alluded to Crazy Dave's uniqueness as our potential first Tower Defense rep, but how would he work in execution? Like how Steve, Bayonetta, and Kazuya all feel like they're ripped out of their home game, ideally Crazy Dave would follow that pattern. The most essential part of the Plants Vs. Zombies gameplay is the accumulation of sun, which is required to plant plants, so naturally I'd expect Crazy Dave to have a sun meter of his own which he would use to bring out various plants in his moves.

While I won't be coming up with his full moveset here, examples include planting a potted peashooter acting as a turret for 100 sun, an explosive potato mine for 25 sun, or a sunflower for 50 sun which would increase the speed at which you generate sun.

Another aspect of the Plants Vs. Zombies gameplay is your limited selection of seed packets at the beginning of each level. you only have 9 slots to defeat every zombie, so its up to you to decide when to bring a specific plant based on the preview of zombies you see before each level. To simulate this, Crazy Dave could have a cycle move, in which you cycle between seed packets, allowing for different responses to different stages of a smash battle. You can cycle to your squash for an off stage spike, but if your opponent recovers you'll have to cycle back to the more neutral friendly starfruit for example. Playing Crazy Dave would be a constant game of managing your sun and active plant to guarantee you not only have the right move for the occasion, but also enough sun to use it.

However, for variety's sake its probably best we avoid another Barista situation where every move features another character, or in this case plant performing the move for them. Luckily, Crazy Dave has an arsenal of twiddydinkies, trinkets he sells out of the back of his car, at his disposal to both defend your house, and KO his opponents. Potential Attacks include Garden Rakes, Lawn Mowers, Fertilizer, Bug Spray, Watering Cans, a Phonograph, a Wheel Barrow, and Mallets. Stinky the Snail could even cameo, and we can't forget the trusty frying pan he's donned with. He can even borrow some attacks from the zombies if need be such as an explosive jack in the box, pole vault, pogo stick, or balloon. While I think the 48 plants and his twiddydinkies give him more than enough potential to need to dip into the zombie's arsenal, its there if we need it.

This is all without mentioning stuff we could pull from Plants Vs Zombies 2, and Garden Warfare. theres plenty of stuff to pull from those games as well, but I think a cohesive moveset can be crafted from just the first game, possibly with some of the more iconic plants from the sequel being in his moveset such as the bonk choy and snapdragon.

Surrounding Content
Its currently very late while typing this but I do have a few potential ideas for surrounding Plants Vs. Zombies content if Dave gets in

Stage
Player's House - cycles between Day, Night, Pool, Fog, and Roof
Neighborville - the setting of the garden Warfare games
any of the time eras in Plants Vs Zombies 2

Item
Garden Rake - acting similarly to the remote bomb
Seed Packet - Pokeball but with plant species
Wall Nut - Bowl a Wall Nut down your favorite smash stage

Assist
Football Zombie - charges into the opponent
Bungee Zombie - acts similar to boss galaga item
Flag Zombie - summons basic, Cone, and Bucket Zombies until he is defeated

Music
The entire PvZ OST as its only like 20 songs. Throw in a couple PvZ 2 and Garden Warfare tracks and we're set

Boss
Dr Zomboss - I submitted this earlier but if we include Crazy Dave, Dr Zomboss on the roof while Braniac Maniac plays has got to be one of our bosses

Spirits
Practically every Plant and Zombie could have a spirit so there is no issue there

Reveal Trailer
It would be such a missed opportunity to not have Dave rescue Jill and Leon from a horde of zombies. Piranha Plant also could have some funny interactions, as could Ivysaur and Villager with his watering can move.

Final Arguments:
1. Vote Dave I'm tired
pvz-pvz-gw.gif

Thank you for reading if you made it this far! I'm not sure how popular Plants Vs. Zombies is these days, especially within the context of smash, but its a series thats dear to my heart, and one that I think would be very cool to see in smash. If Crazy Dave does win this prompt you can expect me to submit a spirit for practically every PvZ 1 plant and zombie mark my words.​

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, this is my first time doing this, so it might be a little rough. I present to you...
Rayman

Who is Rayman?
Rayman is the star of the Rayman series, a series of platformers of the same name that started in the mid 90s. The series is incredibly popular with kids who grew up around that time period, and while it’s been a while since his latest installment, Rayman Legends, it’s considered one of the greatest 2D platformers out there by fans and critics alike.

Why should he be in Smash?
Oddly enough, Rayman has been represented in Smash for two games in a row as a “museum” character - a trophy in Smash for Wii U (accompanied by his friends Globox and Barbara), and a spirit in Ultimate. Since his trophy in the former game was revealed, he became a popular pick from fans and still has a strong support base to this day. Also, with Banjo and Crash in the game, Rayman is one of the only 90s platforming icons to not be playable in Smash.

How would he play?
Rayman would be a rather easy character to translate into Smash, since Rayman Origins and Legends control pretty similarly to a Smash game. You could take his attacks from those games and you pretty much have 50% of his regular attacks done. Of course, something that should be kept in mind when designing him is his lack of limbs, which could give him more range than your average fighter. However, he also has many tools from all across his series that he could use in his specials.

How would Rayman be received by the community?
Rayman’s inclusion would likely be rather well received due to being a popular request. There will likely be some jokes about how Rayman made it into Smash before we’ve seen a gameplay trailer for Beyond Good & Evil 2 (a game originally directed by Rayman’s creator). However, there could be some controversy due to Ubisoft - Rayman’s owner - being a fairly controversial company, but it would likely die down after a while.
Yes, sorry. Rayman is deconfirmed via Mii costume. This was decided a about two months or so. That was something I meant to put in the job prompt announcement but totally forgot to. Shantae is also deconfirmed as well but that was before her costume announcement.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I would have submitted frisk, but I've been beat to the punch by the skeleton. I'm not big on him being the undertale rep, but I won't fight it. My submission depends on how much energy I feel like exerting.
Can we even vote for a character for the winning series despite only one is submitted? I'm not feeling content to having him too but can we do this for series that has a possibility for more than 1?

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I would have submitted frisk, but I've been beat to the punch by the skeleton. I'm not big on him being the undertale rep, but I won't fight it. My submission depends on how much energy I feel like exerting.
Well what I ideally would like to do is to have Frisk and Sans be part of the job together and if they win, we vote on who later. I don't care who gets in as long as I get to help make a moveset for an Undertale character so if you want to submit Frisk, as long as we can submit the characters together so the votes aren't split between them, I'm in for it.

Edit: Change of plans, I'm revoking my Sans submission to submit someone else. Peridot, feel free to submit Frisk.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm frankly not sure on this character's elegibility, but here goes:
CLIPPIT (Clippy) boots up! (Microsoft Windows)

Let's talk about the elephant in the room: Clippit ain't a video game character - HOWEVER, in the context of Smash, "video game" has its own unique definition as proven by content for "games" such as Wii Fit and Cooking Guide. While both of those products have minigames, those are not the main goals - which can also be said of the Windows franchise.

Windows has appeared on Nintendo consoles, albeit without Clippit, through ports of Microsoft's Entertainment Pack games to the GBC, complete with Windows 9X-themed menus. The wording was "series must've appeared on Nintendo" after all.

Now we've got the logistic problems out of the way, let's talk Clippit.

Being a paperclip, Clippit would likely be one of the lightest fighters in the game, and possibly quite weak too - however, he'd have great ways to deal with foes through excellent mobility and unique move attributes.

Clippit provides many unique things to the realm of Smash: he's a shapeshifter for one thing - there are more than enough transformations to make a full moveset of, and we could create new ones with no hastle.

For another, Windows has so many iconic elements that it's pretty easy to make a moveset out of it - dragging people around with a cursor, throwing their projectiles in the Recycle Bin, planting Minesweeper mines, getting the SkiFree yeti to chase foes down, so on.

The reaction to Clippit in Smash would be intense, possibly more so than Piranha Plant - at least for those of us old enough to have an attachment to him. There'd be memes and lots of laughter to go around (hopefully enough to quench to anger of Master Chief and Conker fans!) and his potential moveset would give him staying power once the hype is dead. There is a fanbase for classic Windows, though I'm not sure how much overlap it has with the Smash fandom.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I'm frankly not sure on this character's elegibility, but here goes:
CLIPPIT (Clippy) boots up! (Microsoft Windows)

Let's talk about the elephant in the room: Clippit ain't a video game character - HOWEVER, in the context of Smash, "video game" has its own unique definition as proven by content for "games" such as Wii Fit and Cooking Guide. While both of those products have minigames, those are not the main goals - which can also be said of the Windows franchise.

Windows has appeared on Nintendo consoles, albeit without Clippit, through ports of Microsoft's Entertainment Pack games to the GBC, complete with Windows 9X-themed menus. The wording was "series must've appeared on Nintendo" after all.

Now we've got the logistic problems out of the way, let's talk Clippit.

Being a paperclip, Clippit would likely be one of the lightest fighters in the game, and possibly quite weak too - however, he'd have great ways to deal with foes through excellent mobility and unique move attributes.

Clippit provides many unique things to the realm of Smash: he's a shapeshifter for one thing - there are more than enough transformations to make a full moveset of, and we could create new ones with no hastle.

For another, Windows has so many iconic elements that it's pretty easy to make a moveset out of it - dragging people around with a cursor, throwing their projectiles in the Recycle Bin, planting Minesweeper mines, getting the SkiFree yeti to chase foes down, so on.

The reaction to Clippit in Smash would be intense, possibly more so than Piranha Plant - at least for those of us old enough to have an attachment to him. There'd be memes and lots of laughter to go around (hopefully enough to quench to anger of Master Chief and Conker fans!) and his potential moveset would give him staying power once the hype is dead. There is a fanbase for classic Windows, though I'm not sure how much overlap it has with the Smash fandom.

What timeline have I walked into?

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Job #147: The Impostor is Among Smash!

Ten astronauts, two of them possessed by a parasitic alien lifeform. None of them know it yet but once they find the first body, and with nobody else on the ship, they know only one thing…

THERE IS AN IMPOSTOR AMONG US

What is Among Us?

Among Us is a multiplayer party game developed by InnerSloth LLC. It consists of up to fifteen players with up to three of them being saboteurs trying to sabotage the game.

There are two primary roles in vanilla Among Us, the crewmate and the impostor. The crewmate's goal is to complete all their tasks aboard the ship. They are the good guys that everyone wants to convince other players that they are who they say they are. They win when they complete all their tasks or discover the identities of the impostors.

The impostors are in direct opposition to the crew. They want to prevent the crewmates from leaving their ship or station and kill everybody on board. They can sabotage the ship's oxygen systems, lights, cameras, communications and doors. The impostors win upon killing all the players or performing a successful oxygen/reactor sabotage.

When a dead body is discovered, anyone (even the impostors) can report the body and instantly call an emergency meeting where the players are prompted to discuss everyone's whereabouts and most importantly, who the impostor is. Everyone can vote on who the impostor is or to skip and the most voted for player will be ejected from the ship.

Why the Impostor over the Crewmate?

The Impostor is merely the Crewmate in build and capabilities but with more. It is also the more popular role of the two so it would make sense to make the character be based on the antagonistic role of the game.

Why the Impostor at all?

So Among Us actually released back in 2018 despite its popularity surging primarily in 2020. Call it a stroke of luck but when people were desperate to cope with the pandemic, a fun yet simple multiplayer game was there for everybody to enjoy at a cheap price on Steam and free on mobile.

It would be another indie rep for Smash and one that has made a large impact on pop culture. I mean, you won't be able to look at a red trash can again without thinking 'hey, that looks like the Among Ys crewmates!'

What would their moveset even be?

Well obviously, they'd be slashing, shooting and punching their way out of tough situations but they could also use the visuals of tasks for some of their normal attacks too.

I think the most important aspect however is making one of their special attacks relate to either sabotaging or summoning another crewmate on board. There are lots of fun ways you can have a fighter like the Impostor maintain stage control in remote ways using sabotages.

What would the spirits be? There are literally only two characters.

Similar to Wii Fit Trainer's and Mr. Game & Watch's spirits which are different poses, the spirits for Among Us could be the different tasks that the crewmates must perform. Additionally, there is already a Crewmates & Impostors spirit I submitted a long time ago which mimics the gameplay loop of Among Us.

What about music? There's hardly any music!

That is a very valid point. There wouldn't be much music but think of characters like Ice Climbers whose game also has a limited OST. Besides, the Among Us music selection can also pull from other InnerSloth games such as Henry Stickmin.

Here are a few remixes and songs I found that could be used for Among Us x Super Smash Bros. Infinite:

Among Us - Main Theme

Among Us Medley

The Airship

What would the stage be?

Obviously one of the maps from Among Us… or even a travelling stage that includes all of them! Imagine fighting your opponents with tons of other crewmates on the stage when suddenly, one of them stabs you from behind!

Final thoughts and reactions

i'mma be real, people would be absolutely pissed if this happened but I feel there's always more positivity to go around that will drown out the negative reception. Then the competitive Impostor community will start to form and seriously look at the character for their gameplay.

Btw if you are reading this, u r sus.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 147:

Booker/Elizabeth
Bioshock

Job 126:

Booker/Elizabeth - Bioshock Infinite
Genre - First Person Shooter

Who are Booker and Elizabeth

Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth Comstock are the 2 main characters of Bioshock Infinite, which is the game where they first debut. While that is the only game they’ve been a part of in the series, the 2 of them help shape the plot for the upcoming and even some of the past games in the series(it makes sense once you play it). Booker is the main playable character from the series while Elizabeth is a main NPC who the story revolves around. They would be a tag team character due to how Bioshock Infinite’s gameplay works. Booker would do the fighting while Elizabeth remains in the background. I’ll expand on this more later.

Booker/Elizabeth’s main competition from Bioshock would be Jack and Delta, the other 2 protagonists in the series. I think Booker and Elizabeth would be the pick though. Even though the original Bioshock is the most highly regarded, Jack is kinda generic looking, and I’m not sure he even has a canon face that can be used. Delta is a Big Daddy, which is pretty much the mascot of the game series, but he’s a different type of Big Daddy than the ones people would think of when it comes to Bioshock. There’s also the issue of him being massive and using a ton of projectiles. It would make it likely pretty hard to balance. Booker/Elzabeth wouldn’t come with balancing issues, have a set look, and also have the best moveset potential as they can use the vigors and guns like the other 2 but also can use Elizabeth’s tears. For Booker and Elizabeth their only real knock is that they might not have Rapture as a stage, which wouldn’t properly rep Bioshock. But I have a solution for that below as well.

Smash Prominence

Bioshock currently has no content in Smash outside of one spirit that got added in the E3 spirit event. For a series as iconic as it is, this shouldn't be the case. I’m not going to argue that Bioshock should be everywhere in Smash, but a playable fighter it has earned given that it’s one of the most iconic series of the 2000s/2010s. And now with it on the switch it feels like there’s no real reason as to why the series shouldn’t get a role in Smash.

So, How Would Booker/Elizabeth Even Function?
The moveset for Booker/Elizabeth would be a pretty complex deal, but once hammered all out it would be one of the most unique in the games. Booker would obviously use both guns and vigors(which would likely have cool downs much like Robin’s items) and also have Elizabeth around to open tears and toss items to Booker, much like how she does in Infinite gameplay. Elizabeth would be like Pokemon trainer where you can’t attack her in the background.

I invision Booker to be a middleweight character. His jumping and floating would be pretty much in the middle. His air and grappling would be ok at best most likely. He doesn’t do a ton of either in the game outside of sneak attacks or skylines. With most of his game being projectiles he would be very strong in that area.

For his moveset viability I imagine him being able to pull up 2 different weapon wheals to cycle through. One would be for his guns and the other for the vigors. I’m at the airport while I type this so I’m not going to give an ability or usage for each but some of the vigors could also be worked into things like grabs, For example, Undertow could also function as one of his grabs or murder of crows could be a recovery. There’s so much moveset potential here that not including a character from this series feels like almost a waste.

Now on to Elizabeth’s role in the team. Like I said above she both throws Booker items and opens tears, which are portals to other universes that can give him items or allies for a short period of time. She could work in a few ways, but the most viable two for me would be either using a command to call for her(obviously with a cool down) or to have her call out to Booker when he’s in danger of losing a stock and pressing a command to use her. Either way, she’s a necessity in this moveset. The items she would throw would be things like health(or food, since this is Smash), items such as extra ammo or salts to speed up Booker’s cool downs or other items in the game such as beam swords, Mr Saturns, Pow Blocks, etc. Maybe in really tough deals for the player she could spawn stuff like a Patriot to run in and fight with Booker but that could be a little much or tough to balance. I personally like the idea of her not always being available as that would be somewhat OP.

For the stage I picture it being a combination or traveling stage between Columbia, which is where Infinite takes place, and Rapture, which is the main location of the first 2 games. I just don’t see a good way to rep Bioshock without Rapture being around, but it wouldn’t make a ton of sense to leave out Columbia if Booker and Elizabeth are on the roster. I figure they can travel through all most well known areas of both locations and feel reasonable still, with there being being a brief stop at the lighthouse as well in between. All 3 of those would cover the best known locations in the series.

For spirits I’d imagine that would be super easy as well. Jack and Delta would be easy calls, as well as Andrew Ryan, Frank Fontaine, Atlas, and all the other major characters in the game. Music I could see as a bit of an issue since there’s a lot of copyrighted tracks in Bioshock, but there still are some good tracks I’ll link here later, as well as some atmospheric tracks that would be different that most songs we have in the game.

Potential Concerns

I feel like I’ve addressed most issues involving the content from the series that would come with or issues with them being the potential fighter already, but let me address some out of series issues I could see people take with the pick:

Wouldn’t Bioshock make it harder for other characters from FPS to get in? My answer to that is no, and easily no. While I know guns are something all the FPS series have in common, the Bioshock protags, espiaclly Booker, would be very different moveset wise. Most FPS characters would likely include stuff like grenades, mines, and other throwables, while Booker uses Vigors that would act extremely different from those. That leaves room for Doom Guy or Master Chief or whoever to also rep the genre but still be different. Then there’s obviously Elizabeth’s abilities which neither of them would likely have. Booker would only really be the same as far as guns go, which wouldn’t disqualify another series in DLC.

Booker and Elizabeth seem too complicated for Smash. How would all this work? I laid it out a bit above, but there’s so many different ways the moveset could work. 2 weapons wheels for guns and vigors/plasmids could exist. It could be a gun wheel and vigors worked into the moveset. Elizabeth’s involvement could work with a shield + B input, randomly, or when Booker in is trouble. There’s so much here that saying it’s too much is short sighted when there’s likely even more solutions I haven’t considered yet.

Bioshock is cool and all, but should it really be the first FPS in Smash? Doom has a longer history with Nintendo and Halo is more iconic. Why not them? I don’t think that’s a terrible point, those 2 do seem like the front runners from the genre. But as I menionted above, Bioshock doesn’t kill off either of those series due to how different the moveset would be. Now for who should come first, I honestly do think that Bioshock should be in the running due to how much more available it is to all gamers. Doom is, at least in my exierence, the FPS series most Nintendo fans lean towards while other gamers lean other series. Halo is still Xbox/PC exclusive, which means the majority of gamers likely haven’t played it either. Not that its not more iconic, but Halo is also not very big in Japan while the Bioshock Collection actually did fairly well there. So between the 2 big hitters I think more gamers in general would be hyped up over Bioshock than Doom and Halo, even if those 2 obviously have their pluses. Bioshock also isn’t speculated too much for Smash, so it would be a pretty major moment seeing it being the series that gets repped first for the genre. It’s one of those under talked about series that I always mention deserving more Smash buzz. Also it would be another western 3rd party, which is a major roster need. And it’s not like we’re digging deep for one either, Bioshock is one of the highest regarded western gaming series worldwide. It would 100% feel deserved.

Alright, all this seems awesome, but wouldn’t it make more sense to save them for E3 or the VGAs? This is a very good point as they would be amazing choices for those spots, but I don’t think it’s 100% needed that they show up there only. While Bioshock 4 is seemingly in development, it isn’t officially announced yet to my knowledge. And in general, a new title in the series hasn’t been released since 2013 or so. That meaning of course, that Bioshock isn’t super relevant right now, nor is it a major player in the Smash spec scene. So while I could see the argument that it could be held off, it feels like you could drop the character right here and surprise people while holding off on a bigger name in the spec scene or more relevant character for one of those dates. If Bioshock 4 was about to release or just got announced then yeah, I’d say hold off, but until then I think you could slip it in at the end of a Smash direct for a big moment. Also, not all big western characters need to be held off for a western event. Dropping one now would break the current trends and leave at least a little doubt in everyone’s minds as to when certain characters can be revealed when.

TL;DR

In conclusion, Bioshock belongs in Smash for so many good reasons. The series is iconic and fills multiple needs on the roster. Booker and Elizabeth would maximize the potential of what this series has to bring to the table, while using the core concept of the entire series and also use Elizabeth to bring never before seen moveset potential onto the roster. And with how unique the character would be, there’s still room for Doom Guy, Master Chief, and all the other popular characters from FPS series in the game. Who doesn’t love a good surprise character that deconfirms nobody and helps open more doors for amazing characters? That would come with an extremely unique character as well from a series basically every gamer has at least heard of. There really is no downside to adding a Bioshock rep into Smash.
Alright, so with a lot of the normal explanation stuff done due to my past write up lets go over the important points here

Unique Features of Booker/Elizabeth:
1. Changing weapons and vigors - Given the number of guns and vigors/plasmids in Bioshock, there would absolutely be some sort of mechanic that goes towards changing them. One possibility is a weapon wheel where players can select the gun and another where you can select a vigor. While pretty complicated it's also possible to work the vigors into the moveset more naturally while the guns get a switching or wheel mechanic.

2. Elizabeth's powers - Elizabeth doesn't fight too much in Bioshock, but her not being present for Booker would make no sense. I'm thinking she would mostly stand in the background much like Pokemon Trainer. However, she would make some jumps to the foreground to do parts of the moveset. In Bioshock Infinite she has a few roles in combat and she will do those here as well. The first and most basic ones are that she'll throw Booker items such as money, ammo, salts, and health. This can either be a part of the moveset or happen as it does in Bioshock's gameplay, which is throwing items when Booker is in need of them.

Elizabeth also has the power to open tears and summon items or people, as she does in the game. This would likely be part of the moveset, as randomly spawning help seems pretty OP.

Overall, between the weapon wheel(s?) and Elizabeth's assistances would absolutely make this character and Ultimate DLC type character, which is something I think a few people missed on in the prompt.

Fanbase Reaction:
I think that the speculation scene would be turned on it's head, and much like what happened after Joker's reveal, people would be scrambling to try and be the first to throw out a name that fits along the lines of Booker and Elizabeth. Characters from dormant but rumored to be returning franchises would start popping up more often. Series that originated off Nintendo but were later ported over long after the games started would likely become more popular in the spec scene too. Characters from 2k series like Borderlands would start getting tossed around for DLC. Overall I think it would just open up some new life in the spec scene and make people think about some different names. Other western series who aren't really brought up start getting called sleeper picks as well.

Then just in general, we'd have a lot of stunned reaction videos. Bioshock in Smash isn't something I've seen really anyone other than myself talk about, so there would be a lot of people out there who didn't even consider the possibility. I imagine the opening parts of the trailer would would have some sort of reference to Rapture and Columbia before going into the main deal, so the reaction would be split between a "wait, what?", "..... Is this Bioshock? There's no ****ing way." or a just very confused in general reaction.

Smasher Reactions:
So I don't watch a ton of Smash youtubers, but I can tell you what will probably come across my Youtube feed after watching the reveal trailer 500 times there. It would be the following video titles:

Booker/Elizabeth BROKEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! - Any competitive Smash player pretty much

Speculation Scene Post Booker/Elizabeth - Papagenos, who somehow found someone who put them in a leak. The leak has a lot of random other **** in it that makes no sense and Papa ends it with saying "yeah, this one's probably fake but feel like I need to cover it because it somehow got this right".

Can Booker/Elizabeth do(insert a random and arbitrary but fun task here) - Whoever uploads these

My Uncle is a Janitor For Nintendo and Told Me About Booker and Elizabeth - The title of some random 4Chan post. This person also claims to know the entire moveset, base roster as a whole, and exact details of the conversations between 2k and Sakurai.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, since I got the go-ahead:

Western Third Party: Hat Kid
Hat_Kid_Transparent.png

Hat Kid is the main protagonist of the critically-acclaimed indie game A Hat in Time. A young alien, she finds herself traveling a bizarre planet with wacky characters in order to find her missing Time Pieces, which fuel her Spaceship and will allow her to return home. Hat Kid's primary weapon is her Umbrella, which she can swing around at her enemies. However, her real gimmick is the various hats she can wear. This includes the Sprint Hat to increase her speed, and the Time Hat (I don't remember if this is the actual name or not) to slow down time. Hat Kid was a relatively popular Smash request back when the game first came out, though it has since died down quite a bit. Despite this, I think she'd fit Smash like a glove, given her vast moveset potential.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here is the frisk moveset. the moveset for frisk is here.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Hey that's pretty cool.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
JOB 147:
The Beheaded (Dead Cells)

You awake in a cell on a desolate prison island, roamed by monsters who are out for your every cell. All you have is a measly weapon and shield. Get going. There’s only one way out of here: through The King. If you fall, try again. Your only allies are the shopkeepers in and between areas. Good luck.
Dead Cells is a 2018 rougevania by indie developer MotionTwin where your main goal is to overcome all of the enemies in your way, unlock permanent upgrades, and find the best weapon loadouts. Steal your enemies’ cells and use them to nab things that will last from The Collector-even if you die, they will still be in your possession or able to be found on the long, long road ahead. You must use your cells and combat skills wisely in order to inch closer towards The King, bit by bit, until you can finally…actually, I’m not sure. Haven’t beaten it yet. No spoilers please.
The Beheaded himself doesn’t have a ton of personality-as he’s mainly speaking for the player-but he can be a smartass at times. And he’s got a cool design, being beheaded and all. However, the real stars of the show are the weapons. You’ve got sword, bows and shields of all kinds, with different effects that you can combine for serious offensive or defensive potential. There’s also traps you can set, powers you can use, there’s even a weapon where you just kick the enemy into a wall and it’s hilarious. The weapons define everything about dead cells, and if you haven’t played the game, they are highly worth a wiki visit. They would surely make for a very interesting smash fighter.
And of course, Dead Cells has amazing music. Ranging from atmospheric chills to boss-fight rock ballads to whimsical break room music, Dead Cells just has really good tunes.
Dead Cells is hardly the most popular candidate for an indie series to get in smash-hell, on SB the support thread is limited to just myself and SharkLord SharkLord .But it is a very popular indie title which has been spotlighted by Nintendo on a few occasions, and is regarded as one of the best rougelikes ever made. The Beheaded would make for a fun and unique smash character with lots of moveset potential and be a pretty underrated pick.

Thank you for reading all of this! Now that you have, forget everything I just said and just please vote for Crazy Dave

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario , your submission for Clippy was ultimately vetoed by the leadership staff based on the following criteria:
1. It isn’t an actual video game character as the rest of the roster.
2. From our perspective, the character works more as a cameo or acknowledgement within the one game it appeared in. It doesn’t have a central role within the game which was one of the requirements of the submission guidelines.
3. This appears to be an offshoot collection of the Microsoft games and entertainment programs which, again, goes against the submission guidelines.

You are free to resubmit a more appropriate character if you would like to but, sadly, we can’t in good faith allow Clippy. No matter how meme worthy it is.

For the rest of the thread, we will be concluding submissions this evening and then doing a discussion round until tomorrow concerning the submissions.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Wishing Stars NPC Results:
Forms response chart. Question title: Please vote for a character to appear as the NPC guide and crafting station for Wishing Stars. Voting for the 2 column will grant it 2 points, 1 1 point, and so on. You may vote for your own submission. Please make a selection in all three columns.. Number of responses: .
Gaine Shiho GolisoPower GolisoPower 6
Scrimblo Bimblo, The Lovable Scrunko Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 6
Dusty Paraster Paraster 10
The Brave Hero cashregister9 cashregister9 5
Dusty is our Wishing Stars NPC! Thank you to everyone who submitted! Its considerably harder to come up with OC content so we truly appreciate the submissions. Now the original submissions didn't include a visual reference, so we welcome any drawings of what this NPC may look like. For context here is the given appearance in the original submission:

Dusty's silhouette gives the appearance of a short (about same height as Kirby), almost chibi-like humanoid figure clad in a poofy gown. Her "hair" sticks out in several large spikes, resembling the shape of a stereotypical cartoon star. However, the entirety of her body--including what looks like clothes--has a cosmic texture. Think Cosmic Mario from Super Mario Galaxy, except with a color scheme that's brighter and more varied, resembling a nebula. The only exception is Dusty's face, where white spots outlined in black act as eyes and a mouth.

Sonic Alts:
Just a reminder that these are all recolors and not alts, with the exception of the 2G shoes, and the Shadow Skin for the 2G shoes. Only one alt was submitted for the recolor of the hi speed shoes, being Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 's Biolizard. While it is important to Sonic Adventure 2, the biolizard has little connection to sonic himself, being a villian, probably best suited for a reference with one of eggmans alts. ddditionally Sonic already has an orange alt in the form of Tails. Instead of the Biolizard, we opted to go with a shadow alt as his shoes are the most similar to the soap shoes of all of sonic's friends. Shadow is also a prominent character in the sonic adventure games which the soap shoes come from. Tails, Espio, and the Werehog were added to fill out the remaining slots left unfilled, as they are either important recurring characters, in the case of tails, provide unique colors, in the case of Espio, or are a form sonic once took, in the form of the werehog. A Yellow Super Sonic skin was contemplated, but it may make his final smash less climatic, so the werehog was chosen in favor of a super sonic recolor.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Reposting from a previous job
Ahri(League of Legends)

Why MOBA?
The MOBA genre is still a pretty popular genre. Especially in China and South Korea, two super big video game markets.

Why League of Legends?
Because it's still one of the most popular games in the world! According to Twitch, LoL is the 3rd most popular game being watched at the time of writing. It's also one of the biggest e-sports in the world, if not the biggest. Not to mention, Tencent owns Riot Games and was a major contributor in getting the Switch into China.

Why Ahri specifically?
Ahri is one of 155 (yeah, there's that many) champions in LoL. While it might seem like a daunting task to pick one, The Ruined King game helps cut this roster down to 7. They are the 6 playable champions (Ahri, Braum, Illaoi, Miss Fortune, Pyke, and Yasuo) along with the Ruined King himself (Veigo). Of these 7, only Ahri and Yasuo are considered top tier in terms of popularity and are the only ones that would easily work in Smash. However, Yasuo can already be created as a Mii Swordfighter, and it's actually a pretty close fit to his LoL gameplay. Ahri's playstyle and design would be much more unique. Mage-like playstyles aren't really a thing in smash (I think it's just Lucas, Ness, Zelda and Palutena).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
God damn it.

OK, OK, here's my backup choice

Bubsy

Bubsy is the titular protagonist, if anti-hero, of the infamous yet iconic Bubsy series. A snarky, egotistical bobcat who tries to save the world and succeeds in spite of idiocy and narcissism. He loves yarn and attention, much like real (domestic) cats. Bubsy appeared in the 90s to mass hype - followed by mass dissapointment, and after a few games (including an infamously overambitious 3D outing) disappeared and became somewhat of a gaming legend - until 2017 when he returned with 2 new games to mass confusion... and then disappeared again.

In Smash he'd likely be a slippery glass cannon akin to Jigglypuff or Luigi, light and hard to control but truly powerful. His iconic ability is gliding, but he also has a NERF Ballzooka, could throw atoms, and can scratch into a big ball of violence. We could even create original cat-based moves. His tendency to snark could allow us to create funny(?) jokes for each fighter or stage and inject more humour into the game.

Reactions to Bubsy would be all over the place - he doesn't have the most positive reputation, but he certainly has a fanbase and is memorable. The shock of someone like Bubsy getting in would be memorable forever even if controversial for both fans and non-fans alike. Bubsy is also a series known for consistently good music (with one game even having a soundtrack composed by Steven Universe alumni!), so even non-fans would find a song that makes him worthwhile

Bubsy is currently owned by Billionsoft in Hong Kong and therefore technically not Western, however he was created by and for the now-defunct American company Accolade, all his adventures have been developed somewhere in the West and are infused with American culture

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Job 147
Rash - Battletoads

dcrf902-c0b77e74-2904-4d5f-9d44-24c26a968462.png

Battlewho?
There once were toads that began as human computer technicians and game testers, our primary protagonist here initially being named Dave Shar. After they began having suspicions that their boss was up to no good, they decided to investigate the office at night and discovered that one of the games they had been testing had been tampered with and were sucked into the game world. There they meet Professor T. Bird who became their teacher and trained them to fight the evil Dark Queen who they have to defeat to rescue their kidnapped partners.

What do they froggies do?
The Battletoads have a lot of stuff up their sleeves. They got the ability to transform their bodies into a variety of different objects such as growing ram horns to headbutt, turning their fist into a giant hammer, and even transforming their entire bodies into a wrecking ball. In addition to this, they can also pilot vehicles such as speeder bikes, jet packs, and hover crafts. This dude has also been playable in Killer Instinct so there's no shortage of moves to pull from.

There's also his companions, Zitz and Pimple. These could appear in Rash's Final Smash or one could fulfill the role of an Echo. Or they could be alts, who knows.

Ok yeah but why?
OK, Let me present you some ironclad points:
  • Important to Nintendo history, they're part of Rare's big iconic library and go all the way back to the NES​
  • frogs​
  • They're quite cartoony, and after the barrage of Zelda and Anime, I think they serve as a nice breath of fresh air​
  • swag!​
Any notable people that would react crazily?
Max would probably go crazy, that dude loves Killer Instinct. That's all I can think of tbh.

and that's it really, enjoy this gif
Battletoads.gif

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job 147
Rash - Battletoads

View attachment 326112
Battlewho?
There once were toads that began as human computer technicians and game testers, our primary protagonist here initially being named Dave Shar. After they began having suspicions that their boss was up to no good, they decided to investigate the office at night and discovered that one of the games they had been testing had been tampered with and were sucked into the game world. There they meet Professor T. Bird who became their teacher and trained them to fight the evil Dark Queen who they have to defeat to rescue their kidnapped partners.

The Battletoads have a lot of stuff up their sleeves. They got the ability to transform their bodies into a variety of different objects such as growing ram horns to headbutt, turning their fist into a giant hammer, and even transforming their entire bodies into a wrecking ball. In addition to this, they can also pilot vehicles such as speeder bikes, jet packs, and hover crafts. This dude has also been playable in Killer Instinct so there's no shortage of moves to pull from.

There's also his companions, Zitz and Pimple. These could appear in Rash's Final Smash or one could fulfill the role of an Echo. Or they could be alts, who knows.

Ok yeah but why?
  • Important to Nintendo history, they're part of Rare's big iconic library and go all the way back to the NES​
  • frogs​
  • They're quite cartoony, and after the barrage of Zelda and Anime, I think they serve as a nice breath of fresh air​
  • swag!​
Max would probably go crazy, that dude loves Killer Instinct. That's all I cant think of tbh.

If the other toads are alts they should share a splash screen and have the tagline be "Yes, we have Battletoads"

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Wishing Stars NPC Results:
Gaine Shiho GolisoPower GolisoPower 6
Scrimblo Bimblo, The Lovable Scrunko Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 6
Dusty Paraster Paraster 10
The Brave Hero cashregister9 cashregister9 5
Dusty is our Wishing Stars NPC! Thank you to everyone who submitted! Its considerably harder to come up with OC content so we truly appreciate the submissions. Now the original submissions didn't include a visual reference, so we welcome any drawings of what this NPC may look like. For context here is the given appearance in the original submission:

Dusty's silhouette gives the appearance of a short (about same height as Kirby), almost chibi-like humanoid figure clad in a poofy gown. Her "hair" sticks out in several large spikes, resembling the shape of a stereotypical cartoon star. However, the entirety of her body--including what looks like clothes--has a cosmic texture. Think Cosmic Mario from Super Mario Galaxy, except with a color scheme that's brighter and more varied, resembling a nebula. The only exception is Dusty's face, where white spots outlined in black act as eyes and a mouth.

Sonic Alts:
Just a reminder that these are all recolors and not alts, with the exception of the 2G shoes, and the Shadow Skin for the 2G shoes. Only one alt was submitted for the recolor of the hi speed shoes, being Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 's Biolizard. While it is important to Sonic Adventure 2, the biolizard has little connection to sonic himself, being a villian, probably best suited for a reference with one of eggmans alts. ddditionally Sonic already has an orange alt in the form of Tails. Instead of the Biolizard, we opted to go with a shadow alt as his shoes are the most similar to the soap shoes of all of sonic's friends. Shadow is also a prominent character in the sonic adventure games which the soap shoes come from. Tails, Espio, and the Werehog were added to fill out the remaining slots left unfilled, as they are either important recurring characters, in the case of tails, provide unique colors, in the case of Espio, or are a form sonic once took, in the form of the werehog. A Yellow Super Sonic skin was contemplated, but it may make his final smash less climatic, so the werehog was chosen in favor of a super sonic recolor.
The main reason I submitted Biolizard to begin with is because I thought Shadow had already been submitted and I couldn't think of anything else for the soap shoes alt. So I'm okay with Shadow taking its place even if I don't agree with a lot of the reasoning given.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I don't have any Western character I'm really gunning for who has a chance but I feel Shovel Knight's status in the indie scene warrants at least a submission, and this is coming from someone who doesn't really care for the "deserving" arguments. I'm busy at the moment, though, so someone remind me to do the Shovel Knight writeup later.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Western Submission: Sims

Hi! I’m here to submit the amazing character know as The Sim! They are from the hit game known as The Sims which was originally a spin-off of the Sim City series before becoming an entity of its own. The Sims have garnered a massive following for its ability to create families, houses, and entire communities. It’s not a stretch to say that Sims has largely deviated from its original source to become an entire massive franchise of its own. The Sims was initially created by Maxis and Will Wright but eventually developed by Electronic Arts including other Sims related games and merchandise. This would make the Sims an EA rep as well as a simulator rep.

In terms of playstyle, the character would be heavily gimmick oriented with the ability to build structures, purchasing items, and even selling them. Unlike Steve, the Sim wouldn’t be tied down to a resource gimmick. While it would make sense for the Sim to to restricted to money resources, we have that for Stylist so perhaps it’s best to forgo that route. Villager can collect things, Stylist can spent money, Steve can make blocks, and the Sim can build a whole ****ing house including chimneys, a swimming pool, and even fridges, ovens, water slide, and beds. Each has its own unique property in battle.

There is tons of amazing content to include with the Sim including Simville which could even reflect the Sim City origins of an ever expanding community. The series lends itself even music and spirits as well as potential items and assist trophies (imagine summoning the UFO from Sim City).

As for reactions, I’m a fan of MaxDude myself as I feel he is a reliable voice in the FGC and his reaction videos aren’t forced or for clout. They seem genuine and sincere so I’ll be going that route…

“Wait…what…Sakurai just added the ****ing Sims in Smash Bros? Is … is what what I just saw? Sims in my Smash Bros? No man, Hayabusa? Nope! Sora? Nope! Doomslayer? Nope! Sims from ****ing Sims! Sakurai just added them up in this *****! I mean…I get it …but…..ugggghhhh….now we will get things like….:Sephiroth vs Sims….”

Attachments

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
SharkLord SharkLord , have you submitted a character yet? I do think Shovel Knight certainly deserves a place here regardless. Would you like to add him in as your own submission?

Submissions will be ending soon. Once finished, I will compile them and we will have a discussion period to discuss them, garner support, and how they would fit in with the twitter announcement reveal.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
I don't have much time, but I'm submitting Shovel Knight. They're from Shovel Knight and could have a cool moveset. (I’m actually going somewhere in a bit, so I can’t do a write up right now. Hope this is ok, and I hope you’re fine with me stealing your submission, PeridotGX PeridotGX )
CD8AD556-5502-47F9-8FD2-41138C76AFDB.png

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
SUBMISSIONS ARE OVER

I have compiled all of the submissions and will display them here. Please view the quoted posts to verify each submission and make sure to read through them. Again, these submissions are for characters that are given an unique Twitter reveal announcement by Sakurai.

Job 147

The Recruit (Fortnite)

Infamy is still famous, and A Fortnite character is definitely infamous among smash circles

The Recruits are the Default skins in Fortnite, Fortnite took the whole world by storm in 2018 and as such created a phenomenon of Battle Royale games, The Defaults are the most seen skins and most other skins are derived from these characters.

A Fortnite character could bring some unique playstyles that enhance the concepts brought up with characters like Steve and Joker. The Recruit would be able to use many different firearms and abilities and can also build structures that give them a competitive advantage. The Recruit would be heavier but not slow and has a good jump, their move set could revolve around item management and pure survival.

If the Recruit got in, The reaction would be so varied all around, Some people would absolutely love the inclusion, while others think of it as the second coming of Satan. It would definitely provide some of the most interesting reaction videos. But what is smash without a little controversy?

(there have been different recruits not to mention the hundreds of other skins so these 8 are not the only ones, The picture just conveys the character better, I'm not saying these should be the alts, Although Jonesy and Ramirez would be the first 2 costumes due to their status in the games)
Friggin' called it. And I know just the candidate.

Job 147:

Now before I begin...a short history lesson from yours truly.

ahem...

"In the first age...in the first battle...when the shadows first lengthened...one stood.

Burned by the embers of Armageddon, his soul blistered by the fires of Hell and tainted beyond ascension, he chose the path of perpetual torment.

In his ravenous hatred, he found no peace; and with boiling blood, he scoured the Umbral Plains, seeking vengeance against the Dark Lords who had wronged him.

He wore the crown of the Night Sentinels...and those who tasted the bite of his sword named him...

THE DOOM SLAYER."
View attachment 326063
The man, the legend. The Doom Slayer is the protagonist of the long-running FPS franchise Doom, which bolstered the genre to legendary levels long before Xbox hit the scene across the globe (Let alone its own influential FPS Halo). The franchise has an entire following dedicated to modding, fan works, and just plain ol' demon-murder. Nintendo and Doom have had a history dating back to Doom for SNES, then solidified with Doom 64, before becoming stronger than ever thanks to pretty much the entire Doom library being added to the Nintendo Switch. Support for him being in Smash only SKYROCKETED when the Impossible Port that is Doom 2016 for Switch happened, and with such strong support since then, Doom Slayer not being in Smash Bros is a damn travesty. I feel Smash Infinite should most certainly remedy that.

The fan reactions online would GLORY KILL Twitter servers across the globe, though not to the extent of Steve and Banjo. As for the internet celebrities, on the Western side of things, Vargskelethor Joel would have the biggest reaction to it since Sans' Mii Costume reveal, with him almost passing out onstream from laughter, to boot. Meanwhile, in Japan, Inugami Korone would be squeaking in absolute joy over the big man himself getting into Smash, with "DOOG" flooding the chat from the raw hype. These are but two of many global reactions of raw, unadulterated joy over the fact that the Doom Slayer joins the battle.
Sans' attacks could be piercing and the longer you go into the attack the more karma you get

Yeah it's not like you can have any competiti-
View attachment 326065
View attachment 326066
Freddy Fazbear jumpscares into battle

Who is Freddy Fazbear
Freddy Fazbear is the mascot of the titular Five Nights at Freddy's (or FNAF for short). Freddy's series alongside Resident Evil is considered one of the most popular horror franchises on the world, spawning various games including an rpg, vr, and augmented reality mobile game. And once the FNAF classic games were realsed on switch a new generation of players can experience his complex lore that would bring Kingdom Hearts to shame.

Why should he be here
As stated his franchise is considered a very iconic force in the horror genra, considering we also have a horror protagonist in Clair and Chris, we should have a horror antagonist in the fold as well. But since Freddy also has the benefit of being a pizzeria mascot he could also show players that you dont need gore to be scarry, but dread and tense fear as well.

How would he play
Being a heavy animatronic, Freddy would be an extremely heavy and slow player, even more so than ganondorf, he would use a variety of diversionary tactics like teleporting and messing with opponents vision to be able to get the jump on his opponents while also using his band mate equipment as more practical weapons, of course since his main attack is the jumpscare he could also give opponents a sort of panic meter that inpares them in some way or another.

Reactions

Matpat: Finnally after 5 years my FNAF timeline is complete, (sees anoucment), oh man, well I guess Kirby is no longer the scariest fighter in smash.
View attachment 326073 Character that is from a Western IP

The Knight (Hollow Knight)

Created by Australia's Team Cherry, here comes the Knight, the cutest and deadliest vessel of darkness you've ever seen! They can slice and dice through enemies with their nail before plunging them into the void, but why should they be given a chance to do that?

Popularity: Literally yesterday (it's a quarter past midnight in my time zone), the game's sequel was trending on Twitter because people expected to see it at Indie World and were disappointed it wasn't. That says it all right there.

Gameplay: The Knight would be a short and quick swordfighter with access to various magic attacks themed around spirits and/or darkness (and we need more darkness fighters). Their moveset would focus on darting in and out with well-timed attacks, and they would have a unique mechanic--Soul. By landing attacks, they fill a gauge that is used to fuel their magic attacks (either as a necessity to use them or just to power them up into their void versions).

Reception: Hollow Knight is, again, very popular, so the reaction would be largely positive. Jokes about their similarities to Kirby (adorable gender-neutral godslayers) would multiply, accompanied by jokes about how this is somehow happening before Silksong's release. Indie enthusiasts in particular would be ecstatic at the one-two punch of Reimu and the Knight. There would be complaints about "another swordfighter," but approximately 80% of them would be ironic.
Crazy Dave: It's About Time!

What is Plants Vs. Zombies?
View attachment 326069
Plants Vs. Zombies is a series of tower defense games where you defend your house, and brains, against an onslaught of hungry zombies commanded by the nefarious Dr. Zomboss. The first game in the series, Plants Vs. Zombies, was released for PC and Mac on May 5, 2009, after being promoted by the viral Zombies on your Lawn music video. The game launched with great success, selling over 1.5 million copies in the first year alone, this being before it received ports to iOS, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Android, PlayStation Vita, and most importantly, the Nintendo DS which is what qualifies the series for this prompt. The game even received Download Game of the Year, and Strategy Game of the year at the Golden Joysticks, prompting an updated game of the year release on July 11, 2010.

The game itself contains a 50 level adventure mode, spanning 5 different locations of the player's house, such as the front yard, pool, and roof. Upon repeat playthroughs the difficulty is ramped up as Crazy Dave locks 3 random plants into the player's selection of up to 9 plants. Outside of the adventure mode, there are 25 unique mini games, featuring mechanics entirely unseen in the main campaign such as plant zombie hybrids, portals, bejeweled like gameplay and more. Furthermore there is a puzzle mode, featuring a selection of Vasebreaker levels, in which plants and zombies are randomly hidden within breakable vases, and I, Zombie levels, in which the roles are reversed and you deploy zombies to fight your way through a set of predetermined plants. If that wasn't enough, for the most skilled botanists, there is survival mode in which you have to survive 5 days of increasingly challenging zombies in each of the 5 main stages. For the true sadists, Endless modes are available for I, Zombie, Vasebreaker, and Survival.

and for those who want to give the zombies a break there is even a gardening side mode, The Zen Garden, in which you can collect every plant for your viewing pleasure.

Whether it was the wacky character designs of the plants and zombies, such as the Imitater, Squash, Dolphin Rider Zombie and Yeti Zombie, the incredible OST by Laura Shigihara, or ability to appeal to both casual and hardcore gamers alike, Plants Vs. Zombies was a success. In fact it was so successful it became Popcap's fastest selling game, attracting the attention of EA who acquired them in 2012. While EA can often make poor game decisions, they started the series off well with a time traveling sequel, Plants Vs. Zombies 2: Its about time, and a surprisingly successful third person shooter spin off series, Plants. Vs Zombies Garden Warfare, which now has more installments than the main series. (and the most recent of which made its way to the switch).

Why Include Plants Vs. Zombies in Smash?
Plants Vs. Zombies isnt a name too heavily thrown around in the smash speculation scene, but I feel the series has a lot of things going for it, especially for this prompt. While I do think the series' merits are worth diving into, almost every potential new third party series brings a lot to the table, so I'll keep it somewhat brief, relative to the rest of this post anyway.

Tower Defense
Simply put, Plants Vs. Zombies brings an unrepped genre of gameplay to smash. The Tower Defense genre isn't particularly action oriented, which at face value may seem like a negative when translating the character to smash, but I view it as a positive, as it brings the potential for a fighter with a unique gameplay style and one that forces us to put our creative minds to the test.

It also represents an entire genre of games which really can't be seen as a negative. Being a Tower Defense also lends itself to some really neat ideas for bosses, items, and assists, as they would all presumably replicate some element of the tower defense gameplay.

EA
Now this may be a tough sell given EA's practices in the past, I do believe EA's acquisition of Popcap, and therefore the Plants Vs. Zombies IP is a positive for the series. When thinking of Western gaming companies, big ones that come to mind for me are Activision, Sony, Ubisoft, EA, and Microsoft. Comparatively EA is in quite a unique position in terms of Smash. Activision and Microsoft already have fighters in the from of Crash, and Banjo/Steve respectively, and Ubisoft and Sony are more or less out of the running due to having their mascot mii'd (Rayman), or not having Nintendo appearances in the case of Sony. So essentially Plants Vs. Zombies is in a position to bring a new major western company to smash, which not many other series can say about themselves.

While Western Indie fighters would bring new companies to smash as well, I think some of the appeal of an indie fighter has worn off after Reimu's inclusion, and its hard to claim that EA hasn't had a bigger impact on the video game industry as a whole than most indie companies. While I definitely agree that EA's business practices are generally abhorrent, we've generally agreed to put ethics aside for most inclusions, such as with Crash bringing Activision with him, the twitter deal shudders, and the potential returning of the accused predatory fighter pass system.

Modern but not too Modern
All of our third party inclusions in Infinite; Crash, Jill, Leon, Reimu, and Eggman date back to the pre 2000s. This stays true for most of Ultimate's roster as well, with Bayonetta, Steve, Joker, and the Luminary being the only post 2000s third parties. Of course this is understandable, as third parties often require legacy to get in, with the supposed exception of "shill" picks as the speculation scene likes to call them. Crazy Dave fits in this window nicely, coming right before Steve and Bayonetta to where his series carries a decade of legacy with it, but is also recognizable to soon to be adults that grew up on ipod touches playing plants vs zombies. Essentially the Plants Vs. Zombies series is one which can age up the smash roster without seeming like a pick to cash in on the latest craze.

We also can't ignore the fact that Steve was one of, if not the most hype-inducing reveals possibly in all of smash history, and Crazy Dave hails from around that same era, and appeals to around the same age range. The kids who grew up on Minecraft and Plants Vs. Zombies are now consumers and just as much apart of the gaming community as those who grew up on Final Fantasy 7 and Ocarina of Time, and our picks should reflect that.

Piranha Plant vs Zombie
We already are able to reference the series so closely, with the Piranha Plant and the Zombie skin for Steve both being in Ultimate, so why not go all the way and make plants vs zombies in smash a reality?

How Would Crazy Dave Work in Smash?
I've alluded to Crazy Dave's uniqueness as our potential first Tower Defense rep, but how would he work in execution? Like how Steve, Bayonetta, and Kazuya all feel like they're ripped out of their home game, ideally Crazy Dave would follow that pattern. The most essential part of the Plants Vs. Zombies gameplay is the accumulation of sun, which is required to plant plants, so naturally I'd expect Crazy Dave to have a sun meter of his own which he would use to bring out various plants in his moves.

While I won't be coming up with his full moveset here, examples include planting a potted peashooter acting as a turret for 100 sun, an explosive potato mine for 25 sun, or a sunflower for 50 sun which would increase the speed at which you generate sun.

Another aspect of the Plants Vs. Zombies gameplay is your limited selection of seed packets at the beginning of each level. you only have 9 slots to defeat every zombie, so its up to you to decide when to bring a specific plant based on the preview of zombies you see before each level. To simulate this, Crazy Dave could have a cycle move, in which you cycle between seed packets, allowing for different responses to different stages of a smash battle. You can cycle to your squash for an off stage spike, but if your opponent recovers you'll have to cycle back to the more neutral friendly starfruit for example. Playing Crazy Dave would be a constant game of managing your sun and active plant to guarantee you not only have the right move for the occasion, but also enough sun to use it.

However, for variety's sake its probably best we avoid another Barista situation where every move features another character, or in this case plant performing the move for them. Luckily, Crazy Dave has an arsenal of twiddydinkies, trinkets he sells out of the back of his car, at his disposal to both defend your house, and KO his opponents. Potential Attacks include Garden Rakes, Lawn Mowers, Fertilizer, Bug Spray, Watering Cans, a Phonograph, a Wheel Barrow, and Mallets. Stinky the Snail could even cameo, and we can't forget the trusty frying pan he's donned with. He can even borrow some attacks from the zombies if need be such as an explosive jack in the box, pole vault, pogo stick, or balloon. While I think the 48 plants and his twiddydinkies give him more than enough potential to need to dip into the zombie's arsenal, its there if we need it.

This is all without mentioning stuff we could pull from Plants Vs Zombies 2, and Garden Warfare. theres plenty of stuff to pull from those games as well, but I think a cohesive moveset can be crafted from just the first game, possibly with some of the more iconic plants from the sequel being in his moveset such as the bonk choy and snapdragon.

Surrounding Content
Its currently very late while typing this but I do have a few potential ideas for surrounding Plants Vs. Zombies content if Dave gets in

Stage
Player's House - cycles between Day, Night, Pool, Fog, and Roof
Neighborville - the setting of the garden Warfare games
any of the time eras in Plants Vs Zombies 2

Item
Garden Rake - acting similarly to the remote bomb
Seed Packet - Pokeball but with plant species
Wall Nut - Bowl a Wall Nut down your favorite smash stage

Assist
Football Zombie - charges into the opponent
Bungee Zombie - acts similar to boss galaga item
Flag Zombie - summons basic, Cone, and Bucket Zombies until he is defeated

Music
The entire PvZ OST as its only like 20 songs. Throw in a couple PvZ 2 and Garden Warfare tracks and we're set

Boss
Dr Zomboss - I submitted this earlier but if we include Crazy Dave, Dr Zomboss on the roof while Braniac Maniac plays has got to be one of our bosses

Spirits
Practically every Plant and Zombie could have a spirit so there is no issue there

Reveal Trailer
It would be such a missed opportunity to not have Dave rescue Jill and Leon from a horde of zombies. Piranha Plant also could have some funny interactions, as could Ivysaur and Villager with his watering can move.

Final Arguments:
1. Vote Dave I'm tired
2.View attachment 326078

Thank you for reading if you made it this far! I'm not sure how popular Plants Vs. Zombies is these days, especially within the context of smash, but its a series thats dear to my heart, and one that I think would be very cool to see in smash. If Crazy Dave does win this prompt you can expect me to submit a spirit for practically every PvZ 1 plant and zombie mark my words.​
Job #147: The Impostor is Among Smash!

Ten astronauts, two of them possessed by a parasitic alien lifeform. None of them know it yet but once they find the first body, and with nobody else on the ship, they know only one thing…

THERE IS AN IMPOSTOR AMONG US

What is Among Us?

Among Us is a multiplayer party game developed by InnerSloth LLC. It consists of up to fifteen players with up to three of them being saboteurs trying to sabotage the game.

There are two primary roles in vanilla Among Us, the crewmate and the impostor. The crewmate's goal is to complete all their tasks aboard the ship. They are the good guys that everyone wants to convince other players that they are who they say they are. They win when they complete all their tasks or discover the identities of the impostors.

The impostors are in direct opposition to the crew. They want to prevent the crewmates from leaving their ship or station and kill everybody on board. They can sabotage the ship's oxygen systems, lights, cameras, communications and doors. The impostors win upon killing all the players or performing a successful oxygen/reactor sabotage.

When a dead body is discovered, anyone (even the impostors) can report the body and instantly call an emergency meeting where the players are prompted to discuss everyone's whereabouts and most importantly, who the impostor is. Everyone can vote on who the impostor is or to skip and the most voted for player will be ejected from the ship.

Why the Impostor over the Crewmate?

The Impostor is merely the Crewmate in build and capabilities but with more. It is also the more popular role of the two so it would make sense to make the character be based on the antagonistic role of the game.

Why the Impostor at all?

So Among Us actually released back in 2018 despite its popularity surging primarily in 2020. Call it a stroke of luck but when people were desperate to cope with the pandemic, a fun yet simple multiplayer game was there for everybody to enjoy at a cheap price on Steam and free on mobile.

It would be another indie rep for Smash and one that has made a large impact on pop culture. I mean, you won't be able to look at a red trash can again without thinking 'hey, that looks like the Among Ys crewmates!'

What would their moveset even be?

Well obviously, they'd be slashing, shooting and punching their way out of tough situations but they could also use the visuals of tasks for some of their normal attacks too.

I think the most important aspect however is making one of their special attacks relate to either sabotaging or summoning another crewmate on board. There are lots of fun ways you can have a fighter like the Impostor maintain stage control in remote ways using sabotages.

What would the spirits be? There are literally only two characters.

Similar to Wii Fit Trainer's and Mr. Game & Watch's spirits which are different poses, the spirits for Among Us could be the different tasks that the crewmates must perform. Additionally, there is already a Crewmates & Impostors spirit I submitted a long time ago which mimics the gameplay loop of Among Us.

What about music? There's hardly any music!

That is a very valid point. There wouldn't be much music but think of characters like Ice Climbers whose game also has a limited OST. Besides, the Among Us music selection can also pull from other InnerSloth games such as Henry Stickmin.

Here are a few remixes and songs I found that could be used for Among Us x Super Smash Bros. Infinite:

Among Us - Main Theme

Among Us Medley

The Airship

What would the stage be?

Obviously one of the maps from Among Us… or even a travelling stage that includes all of them! Imagine fighting your opponents with tons of other crewmates on the stage when suddenly, one of them stabs you from behind!

Final thoughts and reactions

i'mma be real, people would be absolutely pissed if this happened but I feel there's always more positivity to go around that will drown out the negative reception. Then the competitive Impostor community will start to form and seriously look at the character for their gameplay.

Btw if you are reading this, u r sus.
Job 147:

Booker/Elizabeth
Bioshock

Alright, so with a lot of the normal explanation stuff done due to my past write up lets go over the important points here

Unique Features of Booker/Elizabeth:
1. Changing weapons and vigors - Given the number of guns and vigors/plasmids in Bioshock, there would absolutely be some sort of mechanic that goes towards changing them. One possibility is a weapon wheel where players can select the gun and another where you can select a vigor. While pretty complicated it's also possible to work the vigors into the moveset more naturally while the guns get a switching or wheel mechanic.

2. Elizabeth's powers - Elizabeth doesn't fight too much in Bioshock, but her not being present for Booker would make no sense. I'm thinking she would mostly stand in the background much like Pokemon Trainer. However, she would make some jumps to the foreground to do parts of the moveset. In Bioshock Infinite she has a few roles in combat and she will do those here as well. The first and most basic ones are that she'll throw Booker items such as money, ammo, salts, and health. This can either be a part of the moveset or happen as it does in Bioshock's gameplay, which is throwing items when Booker is in need of them.

Elizabeth also has the power to open tears and summon items or people, as she does in the game. This would likely be part of the moveset, as randomly spawning help seems pretty OP.

Overall, between the weapon wheel(s?) and Elizabeth's assistances would absolutely make this character and Ultimate DLC type character, which is something I think a few people missed on in the prompt.

Fanbase Reaction:
I think that the speculation scene would be turned on it's head, and much like what happened after Joker's reveal, people would be scrambling to try and be the first to throw out a name that fits along the lines of Booker and Elizabeth. Characters from dormant but rumored to be returning franchises would start popping up more often. Series that originated off Nintendo but were later ported over long after the games started would likely become more popular in the spec scene too. Characters from 2k series like Borderlands would start getting tossed around for DLC. Overall I think it would just open up some new life in the spec scene and make people think about some different names. Other western series who aren't really brought up start getting called sleeper picks as well.

Then just in general, we'd have a lot of stunned reaction videos. Bioshock in Smash isn't something I've seen really anyone other than myself talk about, so there would be a lot of people out there who didn't even consider the possibility. I imagine the opening parts of the trailer would would have some sort of reference to Rapture and Columbia before going into the main deal, so the reaction would be split between a "wait, what?", "..... Is this Bioshock? There's no ****ing way." or a just very confused in general reaction.

Smasher Reactions:
So I don't watch a ton of Smash youtubers, but I can tell you what will probably come across my Youtube feed after watching the reveal trailer 500 times there. It would be the following video titles:

Booker/Elizabeth BROKEN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! - Any competitive Smash player pretty much

Speculation Scene Post Booker/Elizabeth - Papagenos, who somehow found someone who put them in a leak. The leak has a lot of random other **** in it that makes no sense and Papa ends it with saying "yeah, this one's probably fake but feel like I need to cover it because it somehow got this right".

Can Booker/Elizabeth do(insert a random and arbitrary but fun task here) - Whoever uploads these

My Uncle is a Janitor For Nintendo and Told Me About Booker and Elizabeth - The title of some random 4Chan post. This person also claims to know the entire moveset, base roster as a whole, and exact details of the conversations between 2k and Sakurai.
Well, since I got the go-ahead:

Western Third Party: Hat Kid
View attachment 326095

Hat Kid is the main protagonist of the critically-acclaimed indie game A Hat in Time. A young alien, she finds herself traveling a bizarre planet with wacky characters in order to find her missing Time Pieces, which fuel her Spaceship and will allow her to return home. Hat Kid's primary weapon is her Umbrella, which she can swing around at her enemies. However, her real gimmick is the various hats she can wear. This includes the Sprint Hat to increase her speed, and the Time Hat (I don't remember if this is the actual name or not) to slow down time. Hat Kid was a relatively popular Smash request back when the game first came out, though it has since died down quite a bit. Despite this, I think she'd fit Smash like a glove, given her vast moveset potential.
I don't have much time, but I'm submitting Frisk. They're from Undertale and could have a cool moveset.
JOB 147:
The Beheaded (Dead Cells)

You awake in a cell on a desolate prison island, roamed by monsters who are out for your every cell. All you have is a measly weapon and shield. Get going. There’s only one way out of here: through The King. If you fall, try again. Your only allies are the shopkeepers in and between areas. Good luck.
Dead Cells is a 2018 rougevania by indie developer MotionTwin where your main goal is to overcome all of the enemies in your way, unlock permanent upgrades, and find the best weapon loadouts. Steal your enemies’ cells and use them to nab things that will last from The Collector-even if you die, they will still be in your possession or able to be found on the long, long road ahead. You must use your cells and combat skills wisely in order to inch closer towards The King, bit by bit, until you can finally…actually, I’m not sure. Haven’t beaten it yet. No spoilers please.
The Beheaded himself doesn’t have a ton of personality-as he’s mainly speaking for the player-but he can be a smartass at times. And he’s got a cool design, being beheaded and all. However, the real stars of the show are the weapons. You’ve got sword, bows and shields of all kinds, with different effects that you can combine for serious offensive or defensive potential. There’s also traps you can set, powers you can use, there’s even a weapon where you just kick the enemy into a wall and it’s hilarious. The weapons define everything about dead cells, and if you haven’t played the game, they are highly worth a wiki visit. They would surely make for a very interesting smash fighter.
And of course, Dead Cells has amazing music. Ranging from atmospheric chills to boss-fight rock ballads to whimsical break room music, Dead Cells just has really good tunes.
Dead Cells is hardly the most popular candidate for an indie series to get in smash-hell, on SB the support thread is limited to just myself and SharkLord SharkLord .But it is a very popular indie title which has been spotlighted by Nintendo on a few occasions, and is regarded as one of the best rougelikes ever made. The Beheaded would make for a fun and unique smash character with lots of moveset potential and be a pretty underrated pick.

Thank you for reading all of this! Now that you have, forget everything I just said and just please vote for Crazy Dave

Why MOBA?
The MOBA genre is still a pretty popular genre. Especially in China and South Korea, two super big video game markets.

Why League of Legends?
Because it's still one of the most popular games in the world! According to Twitch, LoL is the 3rd most popular game being watched at the time of writing. It's also one of the biggest e-sports in the world, if not the biggest. Not to mention, Tencent owns Riot Games and was a major contributor in getting the Switch into China.

Why Ahri specifically?
Ahri is one of 155 (yeah, there's that many) champions in LoL. While it might seem like a daunting task to pick one, The Ruined King game helps cut this roster down to 7. They are the 6 playable champions (Ahri, Braum, Illaoi, Miss Fortune, Pyke, and Yasuo) along with the Ruined King himself (Veigo). Of these 7, only Ahri and Yasuo are considered top tier in terms of popularity and are the only ones that would easily work in Smash. However, Yasuo can already be created as a Mii Swordfighter, and it's actually a pretty close fit to his LoL gameplay. Ahri's playstyle and design would be much more unique. Mage-like playstyles aren't really a thing in smash (I think it's just Lucas, Ness, Zelda and Palutena).
God damn it.

OK, OK, here's my backup choice

Bubsy

Bubsy is the titular protagonist, if anti-hero, of the infamous yet iconic Bubsy series. A snarky, egotistical bobcat who tries to save the world and succeeds in spite of idiocy and narcissism. He loves yarn and attention, much like real (domestic) cats. Bubsy appeared in the 90s to mass hype - followed by mass dissapointment, and after a few games (including an infamously overambitious 3D outing) disappeared and became somewhat of a gaming legend - until 2017 when he returned with 2 new games to mass confusion... and then disappeared again.

In Smash he'd likely be a slippery glass cannon akin to Jigglypuff or Luigi, light and hard to control but truly powerful. His iconic ability is gliding, but he also has a NERF Ballzooka, could throw atoms, and can scratch into a big ball of violence. We could even create original cat-based moves. His tendency to snark could allow us to create funny(?) jokes for each fighter or stage and inject more humour into the game.

Reactions to Bubsy would be all over the place - he doesn't have the most positive reputation, but he certainly has a fanbase and is memorable. The shock of someone like Bubsy getting in would be memorable forever even if controversial for both fans and non-fans alike. Bubsy is also a series known for consistently good music (with one game even having a soundtrack composed by Steven Universe alumni!), so even non-fans would find a song that makes him worthwhile

Bubsy is currently owned by Billionsoft in Hong Kong and therefore technically not Western, however he was created by and for the now-defunct American company Accolade, all his adventures have been developed somewhere in the West and are infused with American culture
Job 147
Rash - Battletoads

View attachment 326112
Battlewho?

Ok yeah but why?
  • frogs​
  • swag!​
Max would probably go crazy, that dude loves Killer Instinct. That's all I cant think of tbh.

I don't have any Western character I'm really gunning for who has a chance but I feel Shovel Knight's status in the indie scene warrants at least a submission, and this is coming from someone who doesn't really care for the "deserving" arguments. I'm busy at the moment, though, so someone remind me to do the Shovel Knight writeup later.
Western Submission: Sims

Hi! I’m here to submit the amazing character know as The Sim! They are from the hit game known as The Sims which was originally a spin-off of the Sim City series before becoming an entity of its own. The Sims have garnered a massive following for its ability to create families, houses, and entire communities. It’s not a stretch to say that Sims has largely deviated from its original source to become an entire massive franchise of its own. The Sims was initially created by Maxis and Will Wright but eventually developed by Electronic Arts including other Sims related games and merchandise. This would make the Sims an EA rep as well as a simulator rep.

In terms of playstyle, the character would be heavily gimmick oriented with the ability to build structures, purchasing items, and even selling them. Unlike Steve, the Sim wouldn’t be tied down to a resource gimmick. While it would make sense for the Sim to to restricted to money resources, we have that for Stylist so perhaps it’s best to forgo that route. Villager can collect things, Stylist can spent money, Steve can make blocks, and the Sim can build a whole ****ing house including chimneys, a swimming pool, and even fridges, ovens, water slide, and beds. Each has its own unique property in battle.

There is tons of amazing content to include with the Sim including Simville which could even reflect the Sim City origins of an ever expanding community. The series lends itself even music and spirits as well as potential items and assist trophies (imagine summoning the UFO from Sim City).

As for reactions, I’m a fan of MaxDude myself as I feel he is a reliable voice in the FGC and his reaction videos aren’t forced or for clout. They seem genuine and sincere so I’ll be going that route…

“Wait…what…Sakurai just added the ing Sims in Smash Bros? Is … is what what I just saw? Sims in my Smash Bros? No man, Hayabusa? Nope! Sora? Nope! Doomslayer? Nope! Sims from ****ing Sims! Sakurai just added them up in this *! I mean…I get it …but…..ugggghhhh….now we will get things like….:Sephiroth vs Sims….”
  1. Jonesy from Fortnite
  2. Doomslayer from Doom
  3. Freddy Fazbear from Five Nights at Freddy`s
  4. The Knight from Hollow Knight
  5. Crazy Dave from Plants vs Zombies
  6. Imposter from Among Us
  7. Frisk from Undertale
  8. Booker de Witt and Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite
  9. Hat Kid from A Hat in Time
  10. Ahri from League of Legends
  11. The Behdeaded from Dead Cells
  12. Rash from Battletoads
  13. Bubsy from Bubsy
  14. Shovel Knight from Shovel Knight
  15. The Sim from The Sims
Again, this is a discussion period. Not a voting period. That will start tomorrow in the early afternoon or so.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I don't have much time, but I'm submitting Shovel Knight. They're from Shovel Knight and could have a cool moveset. (I’m actually going somewhere in a bit, so I can’t do a write up right now. Hope this is ok, and I hope you’re fine with me stealing your submission, PeridotGX PeridotGX )
View attachment 326150
Submissions are already over but I included Sharklord’s psuedo-submission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom