• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
My selection would be:
  • Lloyd: Solid start, it isn't that liked in the occidental fanbase (ANIME SWORDIE REEEEEEEEEEEEE) but still being a high requested character.
  • Ratchet: Kinda the Steve of the pass, so having has the second char like the former would work.
  • Lara: Two westerns at the same time would be weird, but since most likely she would be released at the moment when SE still had her it wouldn't be that weird.
  • Sol: The fighting game chars have a weird tradition of appear near the end of the base game/passes,and Sol can mantain that tradition.
  • Geno: The guy is popular and would have the same effect has Sora.
Geno and Ratchet can swap tho.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah but ending and starting with those characters was a bad decision lol. If we have the chance to end with a bang here we should
It’s just there’s some charm and value in changing things up a bit. I kind of like the idea of plugging an extremely popular character in the middle.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
For me personally
1. Sol
I feel like this is the character that fits the most here since we can't have western (Ratchet and Lara), and we already had a Namco character ending fp1 (Lloyd), so only Geno or Sol are left, Geno fits better as the final fighter, so only Sol is left, besides that, he is a masively requested character so this will kick-out the fighter pass perfectly.
2. Lara
I think having a more normal addition here would be the best option considering whats coming after her, besides that, Kiryu and Master Chief would be deconfirmed here making the inclussion of Geno and Ratchet a way to heal the pain of those two masive deconfirmations.
3. Geno
I feel giving the middle spot a big reveal (Think of Ult. and Banjo), is always a good idea, besides that, we need to break the internet before getting into a less crazy addition with Lloyd, not only that but, Slenderman and Duke Nukem will be like the cherry on top to blow everyones minds, but still having two whole characters left.
4. Lloyd
He is probably the most underwhelming character to me, that's why he is here, it was the slot left lol, fr now, he would be a good cooldown after Geno and before Ratchet
5. Ratchet & Clank
It's really necesary to explain why this character would make the whole Videogame community **** their pants after screaming for hours (Pretty graphic).

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Geno and Ratchet (ending with a literal "BANG!", so do not underestimate the power of PlayStation, folks. 😉) are definitely going to be middle and final characters of this season respectively now when thinking about all those previous posts.

And besides, speaking of the former, Slenderman going all "Sans" (stealing Geno's spotlight in a same exact slot) would be funny as heck.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Honestly, I think plugging Geno in early to amp excitement up to be far more appealing. Especially considering what the character brings with it. I think ending on a bang but starting back up with season 3 will be forgettable if that makes sense.

Here’s my ideal concept:

1. Sol (An exciting addition that brings tons of gimmicks along with him. Would be a preview of what you expect since Season 2 has a lot of gimmicky, unique characters. It sets the tone.)
2. Geno (Amps things up crazily. Especially considering the FF Mii costume have been missing along with Geno so speculation would be off the roof. Then mix in our Mii costumes in this wave…I can see this not only being a high point but helping sell the season pass.
3. Lara (keep going strong with Lara as a huge selling point. This would continue being up the excitement from Geno but having Master Chief as a Mii Costume would probably dwarf just about everything we have done. But also creates tons of salt.)
4. Lloyd (This would be our midrange let off where the impact MC brought as a Mii costume and subsequent reveals of Geno and Lara. This probably would be exciting for fans. I feel that this addition would bring further speculation and hope to previous Mii costumes not test featured.
5. Ratchet (I might be undervaluing the character but I’m not sure to what extent people would be hyped for Ratchet. Kratos for sure. Or perhaps another Sony. But maybe I just don’t know Ratchet that well. That being said, I do feel Ratchet is a great way to end things as it sets up “what will season 3 have?!?”

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1656128993619.png

Xue Hua Piao Piao Mike Wazowski, Shrek, and Master Chief
Class:
Legend
Type: Attack Neutral
Ability: Superscope Equipped

Stage: Great Bay
Song: Xue Hua Piao Paio
Opponents: :ultkirby: (green), :ultdk: (green), :ultsamus: (green) (OR) If you have the Master Chief Mii Costume, then :ultgunner: (Master Chief)
Rules:
Opponents taunts often
Donkey Kong comes equipped with Super Scope
Donkey Kong and Samus/Mii Gunner constantly rub up against each other

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submit a DLC Stage for the Second Stage Pass

So previously, we included DLC stages. Season 1 had Mappy, a Portal stage (forgot the name lol),a nd Winter Olympics. Season 2 included Sanderson's House from Chii Robo.

This time, we will be submitting a new stage from a series that didn't get one in Smash Infinite launch.

The franchises are as follows:

Starfox
Earthbound
F-Zero
Game & Watch
Ice Climbers
Pikmin
Kid Icarus
Metal Gear Solid
Wii Fit
Duck Hunt
Bayonetta
Final Fantasy
Persona
Dragon Quest
Banjo-Kazooie
ARMS
Minecraft
Tekken
Kingdom Hearts

I didn't include Fatal Fury as we have Transconctinetal Railroad. In addition, while it's not exactly fair for some of the Retro series, we need stages that actual have a basis. Creating a stage from an entirely new location created by you is not acceptable. I do have something in mind for that kater but, for now, we won't be doing that.

Submit a Game to do a Spirit Event From

We will be including a Spirit Event that focuses on a game that has appeared on the Wii U or Switch. This game/franchise can't be in the game in any way, shape, or form. It must be an entirely new series. In addition, the series can't be indie. It needs to be created by a notable studio.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
We require more representation of Final Fantasy outside FF7, so here is my take:

The Airship
The airship is an iconic vehicle of the FF franchise, it appeared in almost all games in a way or other, sometimes with the appearence of a wooden boat with helicopters, other times with more mechanical looks, here we will use the first appearence of the airship (the image comes from FF3 tho).
This will be a simple stage, you will fight in the main deck of the ship bein able to fall of one of the two extremes, behind use we will see the minimap of Final Fantasy 1. When the stage is used in Battlefield/Omega mode the stage will be more or less the same, just that the airship will be replaced with a "compressed" version of the same in the typical form of a floating stage.
Resubmiting the airship. Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom (since you said it would be better ping you when the submission is quoted).
Game Spirit Event: Tales of The Demon Blade (Muramasa the Demon Blade)
It was discuted before doing a event with this game and I want to give it a shot once again, I think this and a Mii Costume is the more the game can get in so I take the opportunity. There is a fair amount of characters to pull like the protags Momohime and Kisuke, the helpers kitsunes Kongiku and Yuzuruha (certainly this two should probably hace some sort of censor tho), other notable NPCs like Yagyu, Torahime, some demon, the playable characters from the DLCs and Muramasa himself.
You can also see Venus' previous submission about the game since I think he does a better explanation.
View attachment 349490

Muramasa the Demon Blade

While this game only saw limited releases outside of Japan, the game was well received with high marks across the board. Eventually, the game saw a release on PSVita. This could be a good way to get the series revigorated again or to encourage an enhanced port on the newest Nintendo console. In terms of Spirits we could add, here are several ideas:

We can decide which spirits we would want to include as we have no shortage if Kongiku and Yuruzha are questionable.

I feel the content in Muramasa lends itself well to having Spirits and Spirit Battles thanks to the content available and just how colorful the characters are. A few of the Spirit Battles would be quite interesting to see be materialized.
Btw I would be really happy if someone else submit Odin Sphere.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Spirit Event:
1656132375970.png

Dead by Daylight is one of the most popular games out there, with a wide variety of Survivors, Killers, and the like to perfectly represent as Spirits. There have been several Dead by Daylight submissions on this thread in the past, with one being the Trapper himself as a miniboss.

Stage:
1656132556545.png

Baramos's Castle (Dragon Quest)
The lair of the first antagonist of Dragon Quest 3, Baramos's Castle is a sinister lair for the beast.
1656132819842.png

The stage itself is slightly simple, somewhat replicating the layout of the castle from a front view. It's a walk-off with three platforms: two smaller ones, and one longer one. Eventually, a familiar face will show itself:
1656132916758.png

Occasionally, Baramos will float from the background and begin to cast spells on the stage: he can breathe fire on one of the platforms to set it on fire with Inferno, cause dizziness with Fuddle, create large explosions with Kaboom, deals insane knockback with Bazoom, or throw a large fireball with Kafrizzle. After 10 seconds of magical mayhem, he returns to his throne in the background behind the castle.

Last edited:
Spirit event submission:
Call of Duty Ghosts (Call of Duty)
1656149054571.png
Call of Duty: Ghosts is a 2013 First-person shooter game made by Infinity Ward and published by Activision.
Ghosts received generally mixed reviews from critics, with most praising its multiplayer gameplay and introduction of the new game mode Extinction, but criticizing it for its single-player campaign, rehashing of familiar concepts, and general lack of innovation.

Also Call of Duty series is one of most popular FPS games that brought an impact upon gaming culture and it would be cool if we represent it as form of spirits. Heck, we could possibly add other character outside the Ghosts game.
Ghosts is one of games that appeared on Nintendo console and it's really popular, so we should include it somehow in the game.

I'll post the stage later...

D

Deleted member

Twilight_Town.jpg

oRmkh6Iv9D9RufLYKMdgSUmKcYh_rSVi6wYVuqHP3Ac.jpg

Twlight Town
An iconic location from Kingdom Hearts. Players would fight on roof tops in front of the tower. It would be a simple stage with teo to three larger paltforms and a couple of smaller ones. Think kind of like the SSF2 version. Various KH characters, including Roxas and his freinds and the members of Organisation 13, cameo on the clock tower. This allows us to add more KH bangers. I would have liked to add a character like Riku but I don't think the chances of that are too high.

Fortnite
A massivly popular game. I know some may want it tl get a character, but I personaly think this would be a good way to rep it. We wouldn't include the likes of Darth Vader, Spider-Man or Master Chief obviously but the various original characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
Sooo I did a little space of my time to do a submission (probably because certain person wanted me to do it), but I like the idea so here it is:
Odin Sphere is a game made by Vanillaware with a lot of inspiration from the nordic mythos. Probably like other spirit events similar like the ones of Octopath Traveler the spirits would come in duos (Gwendolyn and Oswald, Velvet and Cornelius, Mercedes and Alice, Ingway and Griselda, Melvin and the Fairy Queen and some single spirits like Odin, Onyx, Odette or Belial).

Apart of the fact that my cousin telled me to do it, Odin Sphere is a really good game and the art is GORGEOUS. Really beautiful and since spirits are pngs having pngs of them would be really neat.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I think I'll just resubmit my Crush Crush Spirit Event:

I... can't think of much for this, mostly because I haven't been keeping up with which franchises have been repped so far. As such, I'm just gonna go with something I personally enjoy:

Spirit Event: Spirit Board - CRUSHED! (Crush Crush)
View attachment 349512
Crush Crush is a free-to-play idle dating sim that was ported to Switch earlier this year. As is typical of the genre, you play as a faceless protagonist who goes around and starts dating every female they see... even a literal bear. As for who would be added, there's not only the lovely ladies seen above, but also a whole bunch more, which you can find here:

D

Deleted member

Spirit event submission:
View attachment 355395
Call of Duty: Ghosts is a 2013 First-person shooter game made by Infinity Ward and published by Activision.
Ghosts received generally mixed reviews from critics, with most praising its multiplayer gameplay and introduction of the new game mode Extinction, but criticizing it for its single-player campaign, rehashing of familiar concepts, and general lack of innovation.

Also Call of Duty series is one of most popular FPS games that brought an impact upon gaming culture and it would be cool if we represent it as form of spirits. Heck, we could possibly add other character outside the Ghosts game.
Ghosts is one of games that appeared on Nintendo console and it's really popular, so we should include it somehow in the game.

May I suggest doing a general COD event instead? Gives us a lot more to work with.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
SO I FORGOT TO POST THIS. WE WILL BE VOTING FOR WHICH ORDER WE THINK IS BEST

Beyond being my second gaming series after Mass Effect, having an Ark spirit event would be great as we could include various dinosaurs and beasts from the game. There’s a lot to choose from:
Mind you this is two years old. There’s been a number of new creatures added since this. Heck, four new ones was just included last week (Andrewsarchus, Fenrir, Desmondus, and Fjordhawk).

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Also, it’s worth noting that the inclusion of this stage may impact a future character inclusion. This was undermine the reason why we included this stage so that’s something to think of. I.e including a Star Fox stage as a dlc stage and then including another Star Fox stage within a Fighter bundle in Season 3 would not be good.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will be submitting...

Aeropolis
This is a stunning track from F-Zero GX/GX and a location I find different compared to the other locations of F-Zero in Smash. This brillately light location would be similar to stages like Mute City and Port Town Aero Dive where it follows the track and will perodically set players down with vaious layouts.

Here are the locations:

00:44 - a circular platform that surrounds a tower.

00:51 - three floating platforms as racers racing up and then down the vertical track. One stage hazard that occurs during this is the car hits players.

01:04 - The next segment is on top of the sphere that is located on the track. There is a large sphere in the middle followed by floating on either side.

1:27 - A bridge that spans two locations while speeders race underneath or...perhaps...will go over the bridge and hit the players.

Resubmiting the airship. Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom (since you said it would be better ping you when the submission is quoted).
Game Spirit Event: Tales of The Demon Blade (Muramasa the Demon Blade)
It was discuted before doing a event with this game and I want to give it a shot once again, I think this and a Mii Costume is the more the game can get in so I take the opportunity. There is a fair amount of characters to pull like the protags Momohime and Kisuke, the helpers kitsunes Kongiku and Yuzuruha (certainly this two should probably hace some sort of censor tho), other notable NPCs like Yagyu, Torahime, some demon, the playable characters from the DLCs and Muramasa himself.
You can also see Venus' previous submission about the game since I think he does a better explanation.

Btw I would be really happy if someone else submit Odin Sphere.
Spirit Event:
View attachment 355388
Dead by Daylight is one of the most popular games out there, with a wide variety of Survivors, Killers, and the like to perfectly represent as Spirits. There have been several Dead by Daylight submissions on this thread in the past, with one being the Trapper himself as a miniboss.

Stage:
View attachment 355389
Baramos's Castle (Dragon Quest)
The lair of the first antagonist of Dragon Quest 3, Baramos's Castle is a sinister lair for the beast.
View attachment 355390
The stage itself is slightly simple, somewhat replicating the layout of the castle from a front view. It's a walk-off with three platforms: two smaller ones, and one longer one. Eventually, a familiar face will show itself:
View attachment 355391
Occasionally, Baramos will float from the background and begin to cast spells on the stage: he can breathe fire on one of the platforms to set it on fire with Inferno, cause dizziness with Fuddle, create large explosions with Kaboom, deals insane knockback with Bazoom, or throw a large fireball with Kafrizzle. After 10 seconds of magical mayhem, he returns to his throne in the background behind the castle.
Spirit Event: Mass Effect
View attachment 355397
Mass Effect was on the Wii U somehow, besides that, EA already has a character here and Mass Effect has a good amount of characters to do spirits.
Spirit event submission:
View attachment 355395

View attachment 355398
View attachment 355399
Twlight Town
An iconic location from Kingdom Hearts. Players would fight on roof tops in front of the tower. It would be a simple stage with teo to three larger paltforms and a couple of smaller ones. Think kind of like the SSF2 version. Various KH characters, including Roxas and his freinds and the members of Organisation 13, cameo on the clock tower. This allows us to add more KH bangers. I would have liked to add a character like Riku but I don't think the chances of that are too high.

Fortnite
A massivly popular game. I know some may want it tl get a character, but I personaly think this would be a good way to rep it. We wouldn't include the likes of Darth Vader, Spider-Man or Master Chief obviously but the various original characters.
Lumine Hall
The stage would look exactly like the Brawl mod linked, but the layout would instead be that of Project M's version of Green Hill Zone. It would not come with public domain classical music, sorry.
Sooo I did a little space of my time to do a submission (probably because certain person wanted me to do it), but I like the idea so here it is:
Odin Sphere is a game made by Vanillaware with a lot of inspiration from the nordic mythos. Probably like other spirit events similar like the ones of Octopath Traveler the spirits would come in duos (Gwendolyn and Oswald, Velvet and Cornelius, Mercedes and Alice, Ingway and Griselda, Melvin and the Fairy Queen and some single spirits like Odin, Onyx, Odette or Belial).

Apart of the fact that my cousin telled me to do it, Odin Sphere is a really good game and the art is GORGEOUS. Really beautiful and since spirits are pngs having pngs of them would be really neat.
I think I'll just resubmit my Crush Crush Spirit Event:
SO I FORGOT TO POST THIS. WE WILL BE VOTING FOR WHICH ORDER WE THINK IS BEST

Beyond being my second gaming series after Mass Effect, having an Ark spirit event would be great as we could include various dinosaurs and beasts from the game. There’s a lot to choose from:
Mind you this is two years old. There’s been a number of new creatures added since this. Heck, four new ones was just included last week (Andrewsarchus, Fenrir, Desmondus, and Fjordhawk).
Here are out stage submissions! Thank you to everyone who submitted content!

• Airship (Final Fantasy)
  • Baramos's Castle (Dragon Quest)
  • Twlight Town (kingdom Hearts)
  • Lumine Hall (Earthbound)
  • Aeropolis (F-Zero)

Here are our Spirit Event submissions!

• Muramasa Demon Blade
  • Dead by Daylight
  • Mass Effect
  • Call of Duty
  • Fortnite
  • Odin Sphere
  • Ark: Survival Evolved
PLEASE VOTE HERE!!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
DLC Music Bundle: Capcom World Fair

We will be submitting music for the DLC Bundle #3 which focuses on Capcom music! To make things interesting, music from Street Fighter, Mega Man, Resident Evil, and Ace Attorney are not eligible. With that being said, music that gets submitted will mean that series will be disqualified from being submitted as a potential character in Season 3. You can view which new tracks we added here under the MUSIC section . You can submit up to 3 tracks.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Neat that this is coming just at the moment when I reconnected with Capcom, I honestly feel that even has a huge Fighitng Game fan we don't require another rep since Iori and Sol are already solid newcomers (apart that the most obvious options like Siegfried/Nightmare/Scorpion are out of the board) so I included music of Darkstalkers. Either way here is my music:

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I will be submitting...

Aeropolis
This is a stunning track from F-Zero GX/GX and a location I find different compared to the other locations of F-Zero in Smash. This brillately light location would be similar to stages like Mute City and Port Town Aero Dive where it follows the track and will perodically set players down with vaious layouts.

Here are the locations:

00:51 - three floating platforms as racers racing up and then down the vertical track. One stage hazard that occurs during this is the car hits players.

01:04 - The next segment is on top of the sphere that is located on the track. There is a large sphere in the middle followed by floating on either side.

1:27 - A bridge that spans two locations while speeders race underneath or...perhaps...will go over the bridge and hit the players.

• Aeropolis (F-Zero)

• Muramasa Demon Blade
  • Dead by Daylight
  • Mass Effect
  • Call of Duty
  • Fortnite
  • Odin Sphere
  • Ark: Survival Evolved
PLEASE VOTE HERE!!
You forgot my Crush Crush submission.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I will be submitting...

Aeropolis

Here are the locations:

• Aeropolis (F-Zero)

• Muramasa Demon Blade
  • Dead by Daylight
  • Mass Effect
  • Call of Duty
  • Fortnite
  • Odin Sphere