• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Down Special: Boo Hide

King Boo will cover his face with his hands which turns him slightly translucent. This move won’t do any damage but grants King Boo a few frames of intangibility. This allows any attacks to pass right through King Boo thus granting him the ability to bypass any damage. Doing this consecutively causes the time of effect to be drastically shortened. Using it too much will cause the move to fail thus leaving King Boo open to attack.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Side Special: Reflectoplasmic Slap
King Boo momentarily turns invisibile-you can still see his outline, but he remains invulnerable for a few frames as he slaps a hand forward, with purplish energy coming out of it (this is around when the invisibility wears out). The hitbox is small, and it doesn't do much damage-but it does reflect projectiles along with having the aforementioned vulnerability frames Also, hitting an opponent with this move will cause them to turn around and be stunned for a bit, perfectly setting up for King Boo's damage multiplier. Hitting them with this move again right after will cause them to launch into an angle that's perfect for techchases.

Side Smash: Bowser Suit Strike

A Bowser costume, like the one from the original Luigi's Mansion, comes out of the ground and starts charging up an attack, as King Boo quickly teleports into it. The suit punches forward (resembling Bowser's main attack from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story). This does a ton of damage and knockback, and if you land the sweetspot in a 1v1 fight, the camera will zoom in for dramatic effect like with Kazuya's Side Smash. The head of the Bowser suit will pop off at the end of the attack, and the expression on King Boo's face as this happens will be determined by whether or not the attack was successful. (And yes, the head will pop off at a random angle and will deal a minimal amount of damage and knockback to those hit by it-but other than for funny clips it's basically useless).

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Up Smash: King's Call:

King Boo creates a portal under himself while channeling his crown's power. He then let's out a loud shriek as countless Boos fly out of the portal, dealing multiple hits of damage and reaching rather far upwards. Based on the scene in Luigi's Mansion where the Boos are released.

Final Smash: Good Night...
King Boo summons a portal to the mansion from the first Luigi's Mansion game, much like how Sora generates a keyhole for his Final Smash. Anybody caught will be dropped right into the dark hallways of the mansion and subjected to a haunted house show of pain from ghosts from across the three Luigi's Mansion games. King Boo then appears after the caught opponents are reduced to mere shaking and traps them in a portrait, letting out a screech-like evil laugh as he does so. KO's opponents above 100%, and can influence one of his victory animations.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Here is a link to a fan moveset I made

Now I don't expect the whole moveset to be used of course lol but the leadership team has already seen it so I just want to show you what I envisioned and I hope some fitting moves are taken from it for moves that nobody submitted for.

King Boo has a lot of potential from his various boss fights in the Luigi's Mansion series. He also appeared in Super Mario 64 DS wherw he turnes invisible as his main gimmick. I'm really passionate about this character and I absolutely adored Luigi's Mansion 3. So much so, I'm a bit sad we can't add a stage or spirits hahaha.

Heads up though, the King Boo from Sunshine is not actually the King Boo we know and love. Even though the King states in Luigi's Mansion that Mario has caused trouble for him in the past and he is literally called King Boo and wears a crown, his name King Boo is only in the English localization. In Japan, his name is merely Big Boo.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Here is a link to a fan moveset I made

Now I don't expect the whole moveset to be used of course lol but the leadership team has already seen it so I just want to show you what I envisioned and I hope some fitting moves are taken from it for moves that nobody submitted for.

King Boo has a lot of potential from his various boss fights in the Luigi's Mansion series. He also appeared in Super Mario 64 DS wherw he turnes invisible as his main gimmick. I'm really passionate about this character and I absolutely adored Luigi's Mansion 3. So much so, I'm a bit sad we can't add a stage or spirits hahaha.

Heads up though, the King Boo from Sunshine is not actually the King Boo we know and love. Even though the King states in Luigi's Mansion that Mario has caused trouble for him in the past and he is literally called King Boo and wears a crown, his name King Boo is only in the English localization. In Japan, his name is merely Big Boo.
I don’t think anyone was really gonna submit a Fruit Slot Machine Down B so I think the distinction is not relevant at the moment (unless I’m gonna submit that very Down B for kicks)

EDIT: I think King Boo should be able to steal items like the Boo Item in Mario Kart. Maybe as a side-effect of the Down B Venus posted?

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I don’t think anyone was really gonna submit a Fruit Slot Machine Down B so I think the distinction is not relevant at the moment (unless I’m gonna submit that very Down B for kicks)

EDIT: I think King Boo should be able to steal items like the Boo Item in Mario Kart. Maybe as a side-effect of the Down B Venus posted?
Well, you never know who's gonna submit the next zany contrarian idea.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
King Boo Grab: King Boo summons a Boo that charges forward a bit to grab a fighter.

King Boo Pummel: King Boo licks the opponent with his tongue as the Boo holds the fighter for King Boo to lick.

King Boo Forward Throw: The Boo tosses the fighter at King Boo who creates a painting that traps the opponent. (The painting would have the fighter's official Smash render) King Boo then slams it forward, causing it to break and send the opponent flying.

King Boo Back Throw: King Boo uses his tongue to bring the opponent into his mouth and then turn around, where he spits out the opponent.

King Boo Up Throw: King Boo summons two other Boos that carry the opponent into the air and then drop them to the ground.

King Boo Down Throw: The Boo disappears in a cartoonty cloud of smoke. King Boo then goes under the ground with the fighter, where you can hear King Boo cackling as the fighter's damage racks up, and then goes back up, sending the opponent flying.

There is a rare chance that Peepas appear instead of Boos.

(I just love these little guys.)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will continue King Boo moveset submissions but we will be moving into miscellaneous content. This includes the following:
  • Entrance Animation (1)
  • Taunts (4)
  • Idle Poses (2)
  • Victory Poses (3)
  • Boxing Ring Title (1)
  • Kirby Hat (1)
  • Palutena’s Guidance (1)
  • Snake Codec (1)
  • Classic Mode Route (1)

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Kirby Hat: Kirby will gain his crown and also his eyes expression.

Taunt #1: King Boo will make a silly face similar to these ones.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Victory Animation:
The camera is focused on a background as 8 portraits of Toads appear. King Boo himself then floats into view of the camera and let's out a cackling laugh. If at least 1 fighter was killed by a Final Smash, any of the portraits will be replaced by that number of fighters. Loosely based on the Game Over animation from Luigi's Mansion 3.

Palutena's Guidance:

:ultpit:: Ohh boy...something strange is going on in the neighborhood...

Viridi: That one's a little risky even for us. But yeah, you have King Boo to thank for that.

:ultpalutena:: King Boo, the ruler of all the Boos. You could say he's to Luigi what Bowser is to Mario. He has attempted to best Luigi at three separate occasions, and though he failed each time he always seems to come back.

Viridi: How you can manage to hurt ethereal beings in this game is beyond me, but you know what, I'm not gonna question it. Just know that you better watch your back.

:ultpit:: You mean, like I always do?

:ultpalutena:: In this case it's more important: King Boo can hit you harder if he strikes you from behind. Aside from that, you should be careful of his crown. With it he can summon lightning bolts and create portals to summon his servants to fight alongside him.

Viridi: Oh, and because he's floating, low-hitting attacks won't work on him.

:ultpit:: Well, at least I've got alternatives. My hitboxes are probably big enough to hit him regardless.

:ultpalutena:: You...may wanna leave that kind of talk to the professionals, Pit.

Viridi: Well, if King Boo gets too much for you...I guess I know who I'm gonna call.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here is my King Boo Final Smash submission:

Frightening Portrait
Based partially on how he traps Mario and the gang in a portrait in LM3, King Boo pulls up an empty portrait which acts similar to Mega Man’s FS where it sucks in opponents nearby. Once it finishes, it will transport the player to a Mansion-type setting where King Boo will cackle. He then takes an empty portrait and slams it down onto the opponent. While the attack can technically capture up to 7 characters, it will only capture 5 total with the remaining trapped just getting minimal damage. This is rendered by the first characters who get sucked in. The reason why this mentioned is because when the portrait is pulled back up, the players who were hit get stuck in the portrait. This causes them to be visible in the portrait would could lead to some fun compilation videos of every Infinite character getting trapped. They could even get unique poses and such. After that, King Boo will cackle while next to the portrait with lightning flashing. They are then transports players back to the stage and will launch them.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
So since we're going to be at a slower point in the game now, feel like now isn't a bad time to try and introduce some fun banter to the thread. I made a tiermaker for the Smash Infinite base roster based on how hype each addition is.

A few images are cut off(Anna, Jill, Leon, Iori I believe). Sorry about that, not sure how to fix it. Took the images straight from the wiki.

Feel free to post results, I'll post mine in a minute

Paraster

Smash Lord
my-image (2).png
Dave was not interesting at all to me, and there were SO MANY better submissions for his position. Otherwise it was pretty good overall.

Last edited by a moderator:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
1638074072433.png

everyone else falls somewhere in between

i like the ones in the eh category but they seem kinda bland (crash, ms. pac-man) or were the product of a prompt i didn't have much interest in (dave) in comparison to the rest

cashregister9

Smash Hero
my-image.png

I renamed 2 tiers 1 to avoid any potential infractions and the other was just because It read better to my brain.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey guys….the tier list maker is a form of censor bypass and can lead to infractions. I spoilered it but you can go in and edit that out if you have a tier list that doesn’t include ****. Sorry, thems the rules. I want avoid having you guys get in trouble for a censor bypass.

Here’s mine from my personal standpoint, would look different based on my reception in regards to the community which would be mostly positive with a few exceptions
my-image.png

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So we will be continuing to add King Boo content but from now we will progress to submitting alternate colors for King Boo. The ghastly king will have two alternate costumes with the default being his Luigi’s Mansion 3 appearance…

And his Spin-Off appearances…

The Leadership team had a discussion regarding the manner of alts that King Boo will have an we want to go with the direction that his crown is the major color change for the character while his whitish body has a more lighter color to it.

We won’t be shooting for alts like this shown below…

Instead, we intend for King Boo to have King Boo’s alternate colors have a more lighter, translucent hue to reflect his ghastly origins.

When submitting an alt, please provide…
  • The source
  • An image of the source
  • Color Slot
  • How the alternate costume looks with special attention to the crown.

Both alternate costumes have six Alt colors a piece. We would like people to look to the Luigi Mansion ghosts and enemies for inspiration rather than general Mario enemies from the main series.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Polterpup (Red)

His crown turns the same color as Polterpup’s collar, with gold details like the ring on the collar.
EDIT: Because of the overlap with the red alt of Commander_Alph and the simplicity of the collar color I propose this alt is for the “Mario Kart” version of King Boo 38753F61-631E-49F8-827E-B14EDF1CD38B.png

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
King Boo Alt

Luigi's Mansion (GC)
(Red)

Based on his first-ever appearance where his crown gem is red, that's about it.

Greenie
(Green)

This is for his spin-off appearance where his crown is made silver like the pot that is over their head and gained a faint green coloring.​

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
King Boo Alt:
1638119583780.png

Gold Ghost:
The first ghost you encounter in Luigi's Mansion 1. His crown gains a deep gold hue while the gem inside his crown is a bright yellow to reflect the Gold Ghost's eyes. His body has a very faint yellow twinge to it.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ah I forgot, PLEASE IDENTIFY WHAT ALT COSTUME THE RECOLOR IS FOR

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
My tier maker. Apologies for the filter evading, I did not think of that while making it. Will spoiler mine so I don't get infractions
ssb-infinite-base-roster-1374610-1638068476.png

EDIT: No idea how Crash ended up in my don't care section. He should be in the top catagory

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom