• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Oh. Okay I knew about that.

I was reading the posts like he had some kind of illness and everyone was wishing him best wishes for recovery.

bobadz

Smash Ace
People are concerned that this stress will affect his health. His arm seems to have gotten better, but he shouldn't overwork himself.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hope he takes a nice long break from the video game world. He deserves it. The man has given us great game after great game. It's time he rewards himself with a vacation.

D

Deleted member

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/347589248561590272

There are few developers people would give this much encouragement to. #youcandoitsakurai
Sent him a tweet.

Honestly, there's not a developer I respect more in video game community than Sakurai himself. He truly does have the pulse of the fan base, yet doesn't bend down to their every will. The fact that he balances this well really does show that he possess an unique quality that few in the video game industry have.

I really do feel sorry for Sakurai here. He's sacrificing so much for us to make a fantastic game and yet some people don't appreciate the work going into it. Smash 4 will hopefully be the title that unite the community and help rebuild the sharp division that split the fan base into so many groups. Personally, I think Sakurai should go out with a bang in regards to Smash with this title, then work on whatever he wants from then on (or as JustABill said, take a long vacation).

`dazrin

Smash Champion
-doublepost-

..oops. i guess i didn't double post, but someone posted the image at the same time i did xD

Well anyway, im so glad he revealed this exciting new image full of brand spanking new information for everyone to get hype and speculate over!!!!!!!

lol /sarcasm

:p

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
He must have a tiny head. Though props to him for finding such a creative use with such a terrible malformation.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Sure Pac Man screams Namco more than anyone else, but the thought of him beeing in the game gives me a headache.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd actually rather see someone like Nightmare, Lloyd Irving, or even a Digimon over a Tekken character or Pac-Man himself. But that may just be me.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
On the whole "roster stress" thing, I can't see why Sakurai needs to think that hardly about it.

People had always received his choices well and the ones hating them have always been outnumbered by majority of people praising the characters. Not to mention they're done well.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So another picture of villager? I'll wait for some more Pscho Villager memes made with this one.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Also it's kind of ironic seeing you say that, since you had like, AT LEAST three heart attacks from Wii Fit Trainer.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
HEY HEY HORSETAIL IS STRONGER THAN HE LOOKS. DON'T YOU REMEMBER THAT TIME SNAKE AND OTACON HUGGED AND STUFF AND SOMEONE WAS LIKE "IS HE GOING TO BE OKAY" AND SNAKE SAID WHAT I JUST DID.

I think what I'm trying to say is give me a hug Horsetail.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Music list
I may have not asked you for that, but thanks for the music list.

For those who don't know (possibly includes you, Star), I've made a thread listing all confirmed aspects of the game. I haven't recognized all songs, so I asked people in that thread to find out what the songs were.

By the way, the Melee Menu 1 theme for Battlefield is the same remix from Brawl that also played on Battlefield.

All stage music seems to be taken directly from the source games.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On the whole "roster stress" thing, I can't see why Sakurai needs to think that hardly about it.

People had always received his choices well and the ones hating them have always been outnumbered by majority of people praising the characters. Not to mention they're done well.
It largely has to do with:

1. he's working with literally billions of dollars worth of intellectual property, some of which are the most recognized in the world. It's like if you suddenly were made into the marketing director for every major fast food chain in the United States and your job was to put them ALL in a good light.

2. he's become one of the most respected and recognized developers in the entire video game industry and, because he doesn't make games that often, just one bad game could completely jeopardize that. Keep in mind that he's also only in his early 40's and that his career could easily have another 25-30 years to go.

3. Smash Bros may not be Nintendo's best selling franchise but they have stated many times over that they consider it to be one of their most important.

4. Pleasing fans of one franchise in one country is hard enough, Sakurai is trying to please fans of more than a dozen franchises from all around the world.

5. Many people are already considering this game to the WiiU's first system seller and many are banking the success of the console on the success of this game.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Also it's kind of ironic seeing you say that, since you had like, AT LEAST three heart attacks from Wii Fit Trainer.

I KNOW

I KNOW

I admit it. And I have to also admit, I'VE WARMED UP TO HER NOW.

Like, after actually giving it a shot to see her in action, I have to admit that she's actually much better than I thought her to be. I remember even uttering something like "I'm going to main her".

No really, her being so much of a new flavour around the All-Stars is very refreshing. So much that I'm not much going to worry, hell, care about who am I hoping to see in SSB4.
I'm just waiting to try her out and kick butt as a fitness woman. Like, maybe I wouldn't care too much of not getting characters I'm hoping to see if it means more new flavour like Miss Fit.

Not that I'm going to rule 'em out who I'm hoping for, but it makes me relieved that I can now look more positively forward to this game and not have the hopes/expectations/blahblah as my emotional burden on my mind.

Horsetail I'm sorry COME BACK.
I... uh...

HEY HEY HORSETAIL IS STRONGER THAN HE LOOKS. DON'T YOU REMEMBER THAT TIME SNAKE AND OTACON HUGGED AND STUFF AND SOMEONE WAS LIKE "IS HE GOING TO BE OKAY" AND SNAKE SAID WHAT I JUST DID.

I think what I'm trying to say is give me a hug Horsetail.

Okay-okay don't go emotional on me now *Warm hugs*

Don't worry there I'm just stating and hella there admitting all stupid stuff I've done before. Yeah, I can be a dumb person at times. (-´^`-);

It largely has to do with:

1. he's working with literally billions of dollars worth of intellectual property, some of which are the most recognized in the world. It's like if you suddenly were made into the marketing director for every major fast food chain in the United States and your job was to put them ALL in a good light.

2. he's become one of the most respected and recognized developers in the entire video game industry and, because he doesn't make games that often, just one bad game could completely jeopardize that. Keep in mind that he's also only in his early 40's and that his career could easily have another 25-30 years to go.

3. Smash Bros may not be Nintendo's best selling franchise but they have stated many times over that they consider it to be one of their most important.

4. Pleasing fans of one franchise in one country is hard enough, Sakurai is trying to please fans of more than a dozen franchises from all around the world.

5. Many people are already considering this game to the WiiU's first system seller and many are banking the success of the console on the success of this game.

Huuuuum... pretty true there actually, a lot of.

Now made me think, doesn't this make the roster, let's say, harder to work on then...

On the other thought, I think this means some obscure/C-List/japan-only(ish) franchises is no-go considering all the above... (Even if FE and Mother jumped through the hoop, but it was because their overall popularity in Japan and outside in Mother's case.)

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Sakurai is juggling the hopes and affections of literally the entire Nintendo fanbase every time he selects a roster. The man has the weight of the world on his shoulders. I can't even imagine how he does it knowing that no matter what, he will disappoint so many of his fans, and there's nothing he can do about it.

The business ramifications are also immense. To give you a quick example, putting Pit in Brawl was able to bring Kid Icarus back from the dead and establish it as a successful modern Nintendo franchise. Melee did a lot to help Fire Emblem get popular in the West. Sakurai needs to weigh not only fan concerns but also business concerns.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Aaaaaaaand the boards are online. Wonder what happened there. o_O

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The entire afternoon down from 2 PM to now. >_>

In other news, Sakurai confirms again that the roster will be the same in both versions in this new article, where he details differences between versions.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Bought New Super Luigi U today and played through a bit, its actually pretty fun and frustrating challenging if you are trying to get all the coins (at least for me coming back to it). Mostly bought it to just support Nintendo making DLC but it is neat.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Okay, so #YouCanDoItSakurai is officially my favorite hashtag thingy in all 4 years I've been on Twitter.
It's really nice seeing all those people just being grateful, instead of just asking for specific dumass characters like in every possible corner of the internet, from YouTube to Miiverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom