• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The main thing I'm dreading about the SSB4 release is having to buy a WiiU... I hear it's not doing too well.
As long as Super Smash Bros isn't cancelled the systems performance shouldn't matter too much unless you are concerned about third party titles. Otherwise if you are just in it for the Nintendo games, than they're coming. Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Wake HD, The Wonderful 101; they'll all be here by the end of the year, and into the start we'll have Mario Kart. I don't know about you, but those are enough games to last me for awhile, especially when I'll have class work on top of my job. Plus there's Earthbound.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
For those that care, Sakurai's Developer Direct is now available without the translator.

http://youtu.be/Sc5BISnOVPM

This is nice because it allows me to hear some of the music and sound effects for the stages. So far here's what I managed to pick out.

Super Smash Bros. Melee - Menu 1 [arranged differently in the video]
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Realm Overworld
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - Gerudo Valley
Nintendogs + Cats - [sounds like an arrangement of the Title Theme. Not that familiar with series]
Super Mario 3D Land - Main Theme

Animal Crossing - Main Theme
Wii Fit - Yoga
Megaman 2 - Dr. Wily's Castle [there also sounds to be an arranged version]
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Ballad of the Goddess
Animal Crossing: City Folk - City (Day)

There is also some music that plays when Mario and Bowser go at it in the ring stage, but it sounds like an original composition of some kind. There is more to be added to this list.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I just noticed something interesting. The boxing ring stage doesn't have any music playing in the background at the end of the video. All you hear is crowd noise like cheering, shouting and whistling; like a real sporting arena. Perhaps this is a new "Environmental Noise" type track? Kind of funny how Sakurai is intentionally keeping this stage a mystery.

Also cannot figure out the song that appears in the Wii Fit stage for the life of me. Sounds like it comes from Wii Party, but so far no dice. Got rid of my copy of Wii Fit Plus so there is no way for me to check to see if it is a minigame track.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Man, those matches at the end of the trailer demonstrating the new characters are so tempting... I want it so badly.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Have a feeling a lot of Wii Fit Trainer's music is going to come from the Wii Fit, Party and Play series. I think we'll see Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort music saved for a WuHu Island stage should Mii turn out to be playable. Don't be surprised if elements of Pilotwings: Resort make their way into that stage.

D

Deleted member

Since the topic of Mewtwo came up, I had an idea. I know I jokingly refer to Mewtwo's new form as "Mewbuu" because it reminds me a lot of Kid Buu, but what if Sakurai does in fact take a page from DBZ and makes him an equally powerful but more wild fighter? Granted, we have no idea what Mewtwo is like in his new form -- the Mewtwo anime special will probably explain that soon -- but it might be a way to change Mewtwo around to make him a little more viable? Just throwing ideas out there.
At this rate, a more powerful Mewtwo would definitely work out, so I'm game if it means Mewtwo is viable.
Yeah... Like I said, low level interns or employees on their personal time. Expecting Miyamoto to be browsing this thread is a little off to say the least. And we should all be thankful he and other executives do not.
With all the drama surrounding the Smash community, I guarantee you that if they were looking that they would stop considering what fans want full-stop. I doubt they would want to read the one millionth Fire Emblem flame war that goes on the Internet.
Things will pick up; they always do. With any Nintendo console/handheld the first 8-10 months absolutely suck but then the dam breaks shortly before the system's first birthday.
The Wii kinda broke that trend. The first year and a half went great, then late 2008 wasn't all that great, then things were good for 2009 and 2010 and then the quality dropped off the face of the Earth after then.
As long as Super Smash Bros isn't cancelled the systems performance shouldn't matter too much unless you are concerned about third party titles. Otherwise if you are just in it for the Nintendo games, than they're coming. Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Wake HD, The Wonderful 101; they'll all be here by the end of the year, and into the start we'll have Mario Kart. I don't know about you, but those are enough games to last me for awhile, especially when I'll have class work on top of my job. Plus there's Earthbound.
I think we should all be concerned about third-party support. Sure Nintendo is always known for their quality first-party titles, but when it comes to consoles, they haven't been the greatest when it comes to third-parties. The Nintendo 64 had awful third-party support, the Gamecube had poor third-party support and the Wii was okay if you would separate the garbage from the good, but nothing great either. The Wii-U is once again looking to be a generally Nintendo game platform and that is a big concern they need to address. Which explains all the partnerships that has been going on lately (I'm expecting Nintendo and Capcom to collaborate on a fighting game eventually). If they miss the boat this time, I'm not sure if they'll ever get another chance.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
They have made some good choices for songs so far. I'm hoping they'll make an arrangement of the main theme for Luigi's Mansion 2. That is, if they have a fitting stage to play it on.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
X will also be coming out the year Smash does.

X.
People are more than happy giving Nintendo guff about not following up with newer IPs or developing new ones and when we finally get (what appears to be) a follow up to Xenoblade, a recent IP, it almost goes unnoticed. Nonsensical much?

EDIT: Keep X on your radars people.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
No, I mean her debut trailer.

Though that music is making me sleepy. Goodnight, everypony.
Sounds like a heavily arranged version of the options theme music. Best guess is that might be her victory theme.

Won't lie though, although the Wii series really doesn't lend itself to natural combat music the Wii Party theme would be amazing to battle to.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Goodnight, everypony.

People are more than happy giving Nintendo guff about not following up with newer IPs or developing new ones and when we finally get (what appears to be) a follow up to Xenoblade, a recent IP, it almost goes unnoticed. Nonsensical much?
Nintendo makes a surprising amount of new stuff over the years, but they all get ignored and yet people wonder when Nintendo will make new IPs. It happens ALL THE TIME.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You do know that at this stage of development, the game is basically just brawl in HD with slightly faster gravity, right? :p
If that's what you want, you could just download brawl+ xD

They still look good. That's the point. :chuckle:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

EDIT: Keep X on your radars people.
Xenoblade?

Looks more like the next Xenogears to me. ¦D

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
What does this have to do with Smash? On topic peeps!

On Topic: Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch is confirmed.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
There is also some music that plays when Mario and Bowser go at it in the ring stage, but it sounds like an original composition of some kind. There is more to be added to this list.
That's actually just the music from the trailer.

Either way...

I'm starting to worry that they won't remix any themes. Aside from Wily's Fortress, we haven't heard anything remixed. It's all the original music.

BentoBox

Smash Master

This is why I wish Nintendo would just take the Sega route and focus on software. None of these offerings interest me to the point of buying a WiiU. None of these games will provide an experience vastly different than what we've had in previous generations. And yet, this is all that will supposedly keep the console afloat. I grew up with Nintendo mostly because of their multiplayer game offerings (Smash, Goldeneye, PD, MK, DKR, Bomberman64, etc); games with insane replay value that I would play with friends for months on end. Now the trend has gone online when it comes to multiplayer (Xbox Live was reason alone to buy a 360) and it feels like maybe I'm alone in failing to relive childhood memories with Nintendo. It's been 3 generations, Nintendo is still suffering from a lack of third party support (Ubisoft and EA just announced that they won't be working on exclusives until console sales pick up), and I'm supposed to still be excited for Mario Kart? For SNES Donkey Kong in HD? For a WW remake? And after what happened with Brawl, ugh. Anyways, I have one year to think it over... Also, X did look pretty cool. It's kind of strange that we were only given a trailer with no info whatsoever about the game. Is it a JRPG MMO?

But yeah, probably wrong thread to talk about this. Haven't browsed these boards in years.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ya know, I think Mega Man's going to be my main in this upcoming smash unless someone better comes out, because so far I like how he looks fighting.

I got to try him out first though to see how he feels, of course

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
For those that care, Sakurai's Developer Direct is now available without the translator.

http://youtu.be/Sc5BISnOVPM

This is nice because it allows me to hear some of the music and sound effects for the stages. So far here's what I managed to pick out.

Super Smash Bros. Melee - Menu 1 [arranged differently in the video]
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - Realm Overworld
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - Gerudo Valley
Nintendogs + Cats - [sounds like an arrangement of the Title Theme. Not that familiar with series]
Super Mario 3D Land - Main Theme

Animal Crossing - Main Theme
Wii Fit - Yoga
Megaman 2 - Dr. Wily's Castle [there also sounds to be an arranged version]
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Ballad of the Goddess
Animal Crossing: City Folk - City (Day)

That Nintendogs theme is the Bath Time Theme from the original Nintendogs.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom