• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
KumaOso's idea is more likeable and actually pretty interesting. Yeah, a god-like Master Hand mode, that could work. Master Hand as a playable character, unless by making him a completely different character from the previous Smash Bros., couldn't. Simple as that. It's not a matter of moveset or dimension, it simply wouldn't make sense. At this point I'd rather have Tabuu which is much more interesting.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I don't see Master hand or Crazy hand being playable characters working since they would have to very drastically change him into a character with a normal moveset.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lol all these are pretty banal and predictable things, except the last one.
Master Hand as a playable character wouldn't make any sense, I don't understand how someone who played Smash Bros. can think about this. I'm not against an original character for Smash at all (I even opened a topic about that), if it's just one and is playable. Tabuu could work maybe, obviously nerfed from his boss sitution, becoming smaller and actually possible to knock-out.
Or maybe "the Guy Behind the Hands".
In the first SSB, he has the ability to float around, and all his moves are "activate and wait for it to happen". He wouldn't work outside of a mode due to having HP differences.

But he is very easy to play and works fine.

In Melee, as mentioned earlier, he's far worse. You can't make him move anywhere, and need to use the D-Pad directions and Buttons to make him move, which is instead of regular "movement", he just does a mapped "Move"(as in an attack).

In the first game, to clarify, he has the same controls as every other character, except he doesn't have a move for every possible combination.(like might not have Smash Down A, for instance) He also has a Forward B, which is the first time it was used, not Melee(fun trivia, yeah). He only works correctly in Final Stage(named Final Destination in the second and third game).

I don't believe anybody has played as him in Brawl yet, so the movelist is unknown.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
In the first SSB, he has the ability to float around, and all his moves are "activate and wait for it to happen". He wouldn't work outside of a mode due to having HP differences.

But he is very easy to play and works fine.

In Melee, as mentioned earlier, he's far worse. You can't make him move anywhere, and need to use the D-Pad directions and Buttons to make him move, which is instead of regular "movement", he just does a mapped "Move"(as in an attack).

In the first game, to clarify, he has the same controls as every other character, except he doesn't have a move for every possible combination.(like might not have Smash Down A, for instance) He also has a Forward B, which is the first time it was used, not Melee(fun trivia, yeah). He only works correctly in Final Stage(named Final Destination in the second and third game).

I don't believe anybody has played as him in Brawl yet, so the movelist is unknown.
It's harder to play as Master Hand in Brawl due to he (and Crazy Hand) is programmed into the game as a boss rather than a fighter like he was in 64 and Melee. There is a GeckoOS code to CONTROL (not play) bosses, but it only works on Boss Battle Mode and the controls and restrictions are very similar to Melee Master Hand.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's harder to play as Master Hand in Brawl due to he (and Crazy Hand) is programmed into the game as a boss rather than a fighter like he was in 64 and Melee. There is a GeckoOS code to CONTROL (not play) bosses, but it only works on Boss Battle Mode and the controls and restrictions are very similar to Melee Master Hand.
Ah. Yeah, I think after it was learned they could be played, and all, Sakurai changed it around.

To be fair, Brawl was the only one with a boss mode. I'd like a Boss Mode for multiplayer, though. That'd be fun.

Regardless, makes sense.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Playing as Master/Crazy Hand would be a cool addition but I doubt I'd spend much time playing that so like whatever.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think they would allow a playable master hand....

:phone:
At one time they clearly did. They gave the first version a moveset just like the rest. Clearly, he was at one time planned to be playable. However, he glitches in any stage but Final Stage(A.K.A. Final Destination in the sequels), so making him playable wasn't an option. Most likely a boss mode.

And I wouldn't want him playable outside of maybe Story Mode during a particular part(where there is no adventuring itself) and/or a Boss Mode where one player can control him(probably with the Tablet)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
At one time they clearly did. They gave the first version a moveset just like the rest. Clearly, he was at one time planned to be playable. However, he glitches in any stage but Final Stage(A.K.A. Final Destination in the sequels), so making him playable wasn't an option. Most likely a boss mode.

And I wouldn't want him playable outside of maybe Story Mode during a particular part(where there is no adventuring itself) and/or a Boss Mode where one player can control him(probably with the Tablet)
He was probably controllable for debug purposes. Anyway, If there wer a Master Hand mode, I'd want it to be seperate from the regular VS. mode.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He was probably controllable for debug purposes. Anyway, If there wer a Master Hand mode, I'd want it to be seperate from the regular VS. mode.
I didn't say controllable. I said he had the same controls as the regular characters. Except a few missing buttons.(including Taunt) It means that at one time, they thought of having him playable. But as noted, he was too glitchy to work. And the Polygons were more or less the Debug Mode guys instead. As they're the original beta characters. Falcon was the first literal guy made.

And I'd prefer a Boss VS where you can play as any of them. Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Tabuu, etc. Depending who returns, but then again, the others could be bonus playable characters not from the latest Adventure Mode.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I didn't say controllable. I said he had the same controls as the regular characters. Except a few missing buttons.(including Taunt) It means that at one time, they thought of having him playable. But as noted, he was too glitchy to work. And the Polygons were more or less the Debug Mode guys instead. As they're the original beta characters. Falcon was the first literal guy made.
I'm aware of how Master Hand controlled in SSB for. I seriously doubt MH was EVER considered to be playable, sonsidering he breaks basically all the traditional rules of an SSB match.

You seem to have misunderstood what I meant - he was likely made playable at some point during development so that they could debug his moves.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm aware of how Master Hand controlled in SSB for. I seriously doubt MH was EVER considered to be playable, sonsidering he breaks basically all the traditional rules of an SSB match.
Nah, he'd work fine except during some specific modes and one glitchy move. And the HP problems, but otherwise, he wouldn't have been an issue for the most part. Not even in Multiplayer if made it default to Final Stage, and of course, only one can be played at once.

You seem to have misunderstood what I meant - he was likely made playable at some point during development so that they could debug his moves.
Maybe. I know what you meant, but my theory is that they scrapped his playability choice when they couldn't make it work. As well as putting in coding to make it freeze if he or the other bosses/unplayables are played outside of specific modes/by the human player.(hard to explain)

He doesn't cause any issues in Melee outside of the Victory Screen, notably. So they most likely never intended him to be playable in Melee. Brawl, well, duh, yeah. Never meant to be playable.(no possible moveset this time)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Nah, he'd work fine except during some specific modes and one glitchy move. And the HP problems, but otherwise, he wouldn't have been an issue for the most part. Not even in Multiplayer if made it default to Final Stage, and of course, only one can be played at once.
I'm not talking about whether or not he was glitchy. He doesn't get knocked back, he has an HP bar instead of a damage meter, and he isn't KO'd by being knocked off the stage.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm not talking about whether or not he was glitchy. He doesn't get knocked back, he has an HP bar instead of a damage meter, and he isn't KO'd by being knocked off the stage.
That wouldn't mean he was unplayable(in multiplayer). Outside of the glitching, he'd be fine. Banned for anything competitive, and probably have no way to be used in single player either. However, the way his moves work is based upon the other characters, so he couldn't have worked as a standalone character.(although Target Test could still work, Board the Platforms wouldn't. In Race to the Finish he moves around like a normal character, notably.)

Of course his programming clashes with the regular ones, I wasn't saying otherwise. He still could've been playable for fun only regardless.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
They could have a primid that uses Master Hand and Crazy Hand to attack.

:upsidedown:

12 hours to go until the next generation of home consoles begins! :joyful:

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Wii U, it is almost mine.

Anybody else fortunate enough to secure a launch day console?

I'm fortunate enough that I have this entire coming week off due to Thanksgiving break, so I'll be spending plenty of time with my new babeh.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm waiting a while before I get one. I've got Tekken and real life things to do before I go and get one.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
If MH is ever considered to make the playable roster in future smash games then they first need to shrink his size down a bit. The boss version can still keep his normal size. Second, he would have ratio health like everyone else. His move set would be really easy to make as a normal playable character.

Or we could forget wanting MH as a playable character and want Tabuu as one instead.

-_skinny_-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3668-9841-7290
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE HAVE TRAVIS TOUCHDOWN!!!
Now with that off my chest i can say that the wii u seems like a rip-off to me because you pretty much buy 2 consoles. Whatever they do they should make sure that the 3DS version is just as good as the console version for those who are not financially able to fork out like 500 dollars

yani

Smash Lord
"Yoshi's Land Wii U" seems oddly specific for a mock-up...
Exactly. They're saying it's a mock up to cover up. I'm guessing Metroid is Retro's title. A new Donkey Kong is very likely considering how DKCR did. MGS finally coming back to Nintendo also makes sense after Snake's been in Smash and we haven't seen any MGS Wii titles.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Exactly. They're saying it's a mock up to cover up. I'm guessing Metroid is Retro's title. A new Donkey Kong is very likely considering how DKCR did. MGS finally coming back to Nintendo also makes sense after Snake's been in Smash and we haven't seen any MGS Wii titles.
Not so sure about the Metorid thing, didn't Retro say that what they were working on wans't Metroid or donkey Kong? Eh, I could be talking out of my arse though, so who knows.

So, will the MGS be a new game, a port of an existing one, or a "Twin Snakes"-eqsue reimagining of an existing game?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not so sure about the Metorid thing, didn't Retro say that what they were working on wans't Metroid or donkey Kong? Eh, I could be talking out of my arse though, so who knows.

So, will the MGS be a new game, a port of an existing one, or a "Twin Snakes"-eqsue reimagining of an existing game?
AFAIK, the only thing that Retro's said is that they were working on something everyone wanted them to do, they haven't actually confirmed or deconfirmed anything. Though in 2011 they said they weren't working on DKCR2 ATM. And Miyamoto confirmed they weren't working on Zelda. Plus with his recent comments about F-Zero, I doubt they're working on that either. My guess is either Starfox or Metroid.

And I'm guessing the MGS game could very well just be a port of Revengeance, considering Platinum and Nintendo seem to be good friends now. :p

Although it does say Metal Gear Solid instead of Metal Gear Rising, though the title might just be a place holder for any Metal Gear game... Revengeance just seems most likely to me.

yani

Smash Lord
I only recall two statements from Retro.. one saying something in reference to a barrel roll and the other was "a project everyone wants us to do" but I don't remember if they were fake or not. Other than that all we know is that it isn't Zelda (like N3ON said).

My guess for MGS would be a collection of the main games, but who knows.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I only recall two statements from Retro.. one saying something in reference to a barrel roll and the other was "a project everyone wants us to do" but I don't remember if they were fake or not. Other than that all we know is that it isn't Zelda (like N3ON said).
I could be wrong, but I think the barrel roll reference, while now attributed to Retro directly, was really only said in an article about Retro by the UK magazine ONM (Official Nintendo Magazine). The second statement is legitimate though IIRC.

Official Nintendo Magazine said:
While some suggest this new project is likely to be a return to the Metroid franchise, we’d love to see another Nintendo hero get the retro stamp of excellence. After all, having rolled out the barrels for Donkey Kong, perhaps it’s time Retro pulled off a barrel roll of a different kind.
I'm guessing this was just wishful thinking instead of them actually knowing anything, as the article was a while ago, but who knows. :ohwell:

If barrel rolling was actually stated by Retro themselves somewhere else, then forget all of this, but I think this was the original source.

yani

Smash Lord
If barrel rolling was actually stated by Retro themselves somewhere else, then forget all of this, but I think this was the original source.
Ah okay I didn't know a magazine said it I had always thought Retro said it..so yeah it's probably their wishful thinking. I think "a project everyone wants us to do" was associated with the Paul Gale rumor that was fake. But Paul is decent with his stuff, so maybe it's true. Lots of people post that they want a new Metroid on their Facebook page anyway, so the quote fits if it really is Metroid :samus:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
the paul gale rumor wasn't actually fake, it was an idea being tossed around that didn't come to fruition.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's this "Paul Gale Rumor" thing?

I decided to look online and all I found was Rocksteady thinking of a 1987 ninja turtles game. That would be pretty awesome...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Been watching some Brawl matches on my Wii U GamePad via YouTube and looks great. I can seen all characters and objects clearly on the screen so I don't see any problems if you can play Sm4sh on the GamePad. I wonder if we could see 5 player multiplayer on Smash U too (4 using regular controllers, 1 on GamePad)? That could be cool.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i got a mode in mind... Game Pad user gets to be Master Hand+Crazy Hand.
each hand has their own cool down period for their moves and if both hands have moves that are completely cooled down, you can perform combination moves, if you wanted. Triggers and Shoulder buttons change the special move when held and the DPad+Face Buttons act as Crazy/Master Hand's move pool. joysticks to move them during attacks. hands remain stationary during cooldown periods. to keep the upper "hand", it's a good idea to make some mixups with the moves like alternating hand moves and such.

maximum of 2 combatants vs Master+Crazy hand. Hand's HP is adjustable up to 999HP just as player's can have up to 5 stock each.

i got this idea from back when i was playing Animal Crossing Sweet Days at E3 and you can control the two guards with the two joysticks... dunno why i waited until now to openly display this idea.

EXPANSION: when the trigger and/or button is pressed, the screen will show you what move will occur by displaying on screen a digital version of the DPad and the face buttons with their names changing as a combination of buttons/triggers are pressed also showing the cooldown for the respective moves...

mentioned what? this idea? well ****.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
LOL, i haven't been following anything at all... i feel kind of clairvoyant and dumb at the same time.

EDIT: just went to check the last few pages... I FEEL LIKE I'VE MISSED OUT!!! goumene

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
One thought I have about the game pad is maybe it could be a neat mode where there would be a "game master" on the gamepad while the other four people could be playing traditionally. Like, the GM could line up what items will pop up next, activate stage hazards, etc.

I mean, it wouldn't be for anything competitive, obviously. But it'd be fun for parties or something.

Ultimate kaos

Smash Cadet
Do you think they will add any levels higher than 9? I know they didn't do it in any of the games but just think... I still can't take my mind off how many trophies they will cram into this game XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom