• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
is there any prediction for when this game will come out? im waiting patiently but idk how long i can stay patient :(

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
is there any prediction for when this game will come out? im waiting patiently but idk how long i can stay patient :(
I wouldn't get your hopes up for a release before 2014 at least.

I'm guessing there's a very good chance we'll see a trailer at E3 2013 though, if not before.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
2014 would be good since that would be a good way to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Super Smash Bros.
True. Though I was kinda hoping they'd do an "HD remix/remake" of Melee(or the original) to celebrate the fanchises anniversary.

(Night)

Smash Rookie
Just so I understand....It IS in fact confirmed that there are to be 2 games, one for the 3DS and one for the WiiU correct? Or was I misinformed?

(newb user :p)

:phone:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Just so I understand....It IS in fact confirmed that there are to be 2 games, one for the 3DS and one for the WiiU correct? Or was I misinformed?

(newb user :p)

Yes, there will be two versions of the game. Whether those versions will be identical, similar, or completely different is still up in the air though.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Speaking of the 3DS version, I'm actually REALLY pumped to see it. I'm not at all worried about the visuals, considering how good some of the more polished efforts look on the system so far.

Plus it's Smash Bros. on the go, which is pretty awesome. You can meet up with three friends and just have a match anywhere.

D

Deleted member

Clones are not bad if they make sense.
That being said, some characters could easily be made more different.

Luigi:
-Give him his Poltergust somewhere.

Luigi makes sense being similar to Mario, and he's already different enough.

Ganondorf:
-Fix him completely. There should be no more Captain Ganon. Keep moves that suit a non-Falconized Ganon like Flame Choke, F-Tilt, F-Air, etc.

Toon Link:
-Either change his Specials to suit Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks, or leave him be.
-Leave normals alone.

As an alternate take on Link, being a Link clone makes sense. However, he could easily be changed as well to suit the "Toon" style.

Falco:
-Give him dual Blasters. Seriously, it was badass in SSE.
-Replace Fire Bird with Booster Pack.
-Replace Falco Phantasm with Homing Launcher.
-Replace Landmaster with Sky Claw.

Wolf:
-Replace Landmaster. Doesn't matter with what, but a Fireburst Pod would be epic.

Wolf's other moves are different enough.

Lucas:
-Retool his Specials and Final Smash to use different PSI powers not yet used.

Lucas is different enough from Ness, but his Specials are more similar to Ness' than Wolf's are to Fox.

Roy (if he returns):
-Change moveset to suit his fighting style from FE6. He shouldn't be a Marth clone at this point.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
@Golden's Clone Changes

I completely agree with all of those, except I'd like a couple of Wolf's Specials to be different. I don't think he should have a Reflector, and his Side Special should be changed. Right now his Specials are just too similar to Fox/Falco's to me.

But yeah, no Landmaster.

(Night)

Smash Rookie
I hope they have most if the fan faborites, I mean for characters. They DO listen to their mail right?

(Night)

Smash Rookie
I really wouldn't care if the 3ds version was just a port of Brawl....I just want a portable smash bros XD.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I really wouldn't care if the 3ds version was just a port of Brawl....I just want a portable smash bros XD.
I'd prefer a port of Melee. Or maybe a "3D Remix" of Melee or 64. But that's just me.

Anyway, off topic, but is the Smashboards clock messed up for anyone else? Right now, all the listed times are about two hours ahead of what my local time is.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it would be fun to include the tanooki tail into luigi's moveset.

(Night)

Smash Rookie
I'd prefer a port of Melee. Or maybe a "3D Remix" of Melee or 64. But that's just me.

Anyway, off topic, but is the Smashboards clock messed up for anyone else? Right now, all the listed times are about two hours ahead of what my local time is.
Sorry, should have specified. I meant ANY Smash bros. melee would be a good choice too.

I just WANT IT, yaknow?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Long time no see, all.

Edit: I agree, psycho. Tanooki tail for Luigi would be pretty interesting to see. Maybe as a (B)^?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just realized why I keep getting the spelling of Tanuki weird
Because in the Mario series, the item is known as the Tanooki suit, while IRL the think is called a Tanuki

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Long time no see, all.

Edit: I agree, psycho. Tanooki tail for Luigi would be pretty interesting to see. Maybe as a (B)^?
Only if Mario has it too, because the tail isn't unique to Luigi. By the way it's Kitsune Luigi when Luigi wears the suit and Fox Luigi when he just wears the tail like in NSMB2. Likewise it's Tanooki Mario for Mario when he wears the suit and Racoon Mario with just the tail. ;)

Anyway, I think they should move Luigi's B down (spin) to A down and have the poltergust as his B down like Mario has the Fludd. :)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Anyway, I think they should move Luigi's B down (spin) to A down and have the poltergust as his B down like Mario has the Fludd. :)
No, it shouldn't. FLUDD was a terrible idea, and the Poltergust would be as well. Neither Mario or Luigi need any changes to their Melee movesets, aside from changes to the individual properties of the moves for balance/accounting for engine changes.

But this isn't the Mario or Luigi threads, so this duscussion should be taken there.

(Night)

Smash Rookie
They will probably have the vacuum in some way for luigi, just because of the new game. Or it could be an item, or a FS, or maybe they won't have it, just as a trophy....

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
They will probably have the vacuum in some way for luigi, just because of the new game. Or it could be an item, or a FS, or maybe they won't have it, just as a trophy....

Well, I wouldn't mind Luigi with the vacuum cleaner as a throw that works like link's hookshot. In the air, he blows you away, maybe? I'll work on the idea.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Lol all these are pretty banal and predictable things, except the last one.
Master Hand as a playable character wouldn't make any sense, I don't understand how someone who played Smash Bros. can think about this. I'm not against an original character for Smash at all (I even opened a topic about that), if it's just one and is playable. Tabuu could work maybe, obviously nerfed from his boss sitution, becoming smaller and actually possible to knock-out.
Or maybe "the Guy Behind the Hands".

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've played as Master Hand in Melee (Action Replay, not the Master Hand glitch) and he wasn't all that great. There's kind of a delay on the commands, you couldn't move him around (aka always stays in one are), he cant' die in percentage battles, and he was pretty unstable (freezes). Plus he was boring to play as.

But I do agree with the other 6 ideas.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You do realize that if he was made to be playable, they'd fix all that stuff, right?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah, I know.

But in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, I found playing Galactus was boring as well for a couple of the same reasons (can't move around, delay of commands). So I don't have high hopes for a GOOD playable Master Hand if he turns out playable.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, Master Hand as a boss can definitely move around so that's just something the programmers need to make doable for sure. I can already tell without playing UMvC3 that the feature was more of an afterthought than anything.

They just need to make it where you can control the hands where you have a reasonable amount of freedom. You could also make it where the hands' attacks are selectable on the touchscreen.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I think that would actually be really cool, Kuma. I dunno, it would really just serve to make the game more crazy, but I think a "Master Hand" mode for the player with the GamePad would be neat.

Actually, I think a mode where Master Hand controls the spawning of items and Crazy Hand controls stage hazards would be neat (since they embody Creativity and Destruction, respectively). It'd be kinda crazy, but I think it'd be fun. Master Hand would be the helper and Crazy Hand would be the griever. There would most definitely need to be a special, designated mode for it, though.

It'd be more of a party mode, though. Not much for serious matches.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was implying it to be a separate mode. And I like how you approached the hands for controlling the random stage elements. This would make a lot of people happy. People can go nuts with this feature to make everyone as mad as possible while it remains separate from the main gameplay as a complement and for those that aren't interested in that kind of thing.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A Master Hand or Crazy Hand playable mode would be freaking awesome.

...just keep the two out of the standard multiplayer. That'd be weird to play as them in that (without hacks or glitches).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom