• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I just think back to that June Nintendo Direct where they were just casually talking about games and stuff, then suddenly, "Hey guys by the way Namco-Bandai is co-developing Smash 4 no big deal or anything," out of nowhere.

I'd like to think that could happen tomorrow. It can. Right? RIGHT?

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
No, not by any indications or statements thus far.

Super Edit: To add fuel to my totally silly fire, the JP ND has been announced for tomorrow as well, and features 3DS news as well as information on Wii U titles that have already been announced. And Smash Wii U has technically been announced. GET HYPED because you totally know it's gonna happen. And if it doesn't I will flip all of my tables.

But nothing will probably happen, so I'm going to put all my tables upside down tonight so that when I flip them tomorrow, they'll be rightside up.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
While this isn't news, I think I should post this just to show that Nintendo hasn't forgotten about Smash. It's kinda cool they're mentioning it when going over all the financial reports they were releasing though.

yani

Smash Lord
While this isn't news, I think I should post this just to show that Nintendo hasn't forgotten about Smash. It's kinda cool they're mentioning it when going over all the financial reports they were releasing though.
"Brand new title" & "Monolith Soft Inc." = HYPE

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That reminds me. Does anyone remember that Nintendo had licensed a trademark called Amaterasu?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I noticed that Smash 3DS wasn't listed under Japan's 3DS list. Must've been an oversight.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Curiosity

I notice that many people in this thread link to GoNintendo or other independent Nintendo news sites which seem to publish a lot of menial content. Is there a particular reason why?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I notice that many people in this thread link to GoNintendo or other independent Nintendo news sites which seem to publish a lot of menial content. Is there a particular reason why?
I use GoNintendo a ton as that site collects a ton of Nintendo related info from a huge number of websites/sources and puts them all on one website for fast and convenient information. Plus GoNintendo has never been biased, have been completely reliable and accurate on pretty much everything posted, and I don't have to wait long for them to update.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mostly because it's faster than waiting for some of the larger sites to update hours later. Either way people are desperate for any little mention (as a lot of it I wouldn't call it news) of Smash 4 and it helps pass the time (since some people have been at this since Brawl came out).

If you're having a problem with people posting stuff like this right now, you better buckle down for when we get some legit news in the coming weeks/months. Looking back though, it's rather amazing how quickly news spreads these days. lol

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
No Smash news from Nintendo Direct Japan or North America? =(
Aww, well, I'm patient.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I use GoNintendo a ton as that site collects a ton of Nintendo related info from a huge number of websites/sources and puts them all on one website for fast and convenient information. Plus GoNintendo has never been biased, have been completely reliable and accurate on pretty much everything posted, and I don't have to wait long for them to update.
Smaller sites do have to collect info from everywhere (which isn't a bad or odd thing considering many important news outlets share and collect content) but reporting on 3rd party hardware seen at Walmart and price drops for things no one cares about as much seems like content for the sake of more content.

No bias is always great; specially considering how IGN and Gamespot have Microsoft and Sony bias respectively. Not to mention they also publish some pedestrian content (though not as much as smaller sites) from time to time.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Smaller sites do have to collect info from everywhere (which isn't a bad or odd thing considering many important news outlets share and collect content) but reporting on 3rd party hardware seen at Walmart and price drops for things no one cares about as much seems like content for the sake of more content.

No bias is always great; specially considering how IGN and Gamespot have Microsoft and Sony bias respectively. Not to mention they also publish some pedestrian content (though not as much as smaller sites) from time to time.
You're acting like that's the only thing GoNintendo reports. Yes, we do get that kind of stuff that but it doesn't appear anywhere near as much as any other topic on the site (and I can see some people seeing price drops useful).

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I like how the My Little Pony fighter has almost twice as many votes as PlayStation Allstars, lmao. Sadly PS is a sponsor so AllStars will definitely make it into the actual tourney lineup whether people are hype about it or not.

Voted Brawl, Melee, Ponies and Korea vs. Mexico (KoF13) btw.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can you blame them? Fighting is Magic's been looking really good so far, especially for a fan game. xD

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Not really since you can't form a team. It's more like Marvel or Darkstalkers to me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Or the awesome, very different characters. And boobs, it won't have boobs.

Since all characters would basically have the same body shape and they can't do anything as creepy or bizarre as Darkstalkers

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That would mainly apply to the Mane 6. You've got the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Big Macintosh, Spike, Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Shining Armor, etc.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, I don't watch pony shows. I had to google those things

The only kid cartoon for me that's on these days is TMNT

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, as a technicality, they're only adding season one characters, apparently, so Cadance and Shining are no-gos.

:lol:

D

Deleted member

Why are we talking about ponies in Smash discussion.....?

I know bronies like to put ponies in everything, but this is ridiculous.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Woo, page 100! Please no Spidey for smash, worst well known superhero besides Aquaman.
What began as a social discussion thread for SSB4 escalated into a pony and spiderman argument which has decimated the fighting game community. . . (TA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom