• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Sakurai must RECOVER from this travesty being losing all his Playstation data.

I already knew he had a PS3, though. He tweets pictures of PS3 games along with his cat on Twitter.

Kawaii.~

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Seeing how Sakurai is an adventurous designer and stuff It'd be odd for him to not have non Nintendo systems seing how many great games don't go on Nintendo consoles.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
^^Just like what happened to the old old thread going into the old thread, the vets slowly leave and new people come in to take over discussion. I call it the Circle of Life Derp. lol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They need to take the violence out of Smash. Violence is the result of humans, and humans are terrible. We need to go back to our peaceful nature roots and live in peace and harmony.

They should replace it with sex, because sex is natural. Yet is more scorn in our society than violence

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
BOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNG!

All that nonsense about "peace" and "harmony" is a bunch of washed up drivel to keep little Johnny asleep at night. A real person should be a complete jerk wad to everyone and everything, because being all soft gets you no where. NO WHERE, YA UNDERSTAND SONNY BOY?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Nothing for the moment, but everyone should know it's currently in development.

Will be checking Nintendo for updates.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Just wait for news. The last piece of info we've gotten from Sakurai himself is that Namco Bandai is working with Sakurai's studio (Sora Ltd) to make the upcoming Smash games. I can't recall anything official and veritable that's been said after that in regards to next gen Smash games.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sooo...has there been any news of Smash 4 in the last few weeks? O_o
Other than retro characters and Namco Bandai, nothing really. Probably best to check back around the next Nintendo Direct.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Guess what guys=??? Long Posts are back BEACHES!!!

There's no news like no news!!!... which is where we've been stuck since August! :chuckle:

Also, I'm gonna throw this out there... if we don't something in November, we're not getting anything until March. Sorry "I need visual evidence" folks. :ohwell:
Hello everyone, wow, I see Super Smash Bros 4 Wii got it's own board, about damn time!!

Nice to see it's ever so growing..:D
Too bad, I'm on a semi-break! (WORK! SCHOOL! HOMEWORK!) :glare:
New feature in smash bros confirmed! :grin: (that or this is Sakurai's approach to remembering Brawl's gameplay) :troll:
You're a DC comic book, you should be ashamed of yourself.
If he was 52, it would be okay. At least he's not Countdown *shudder*.
...I get all of these reference. Wow. :embarrass:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, while waiting in lines are sad, at least the WiiU is light years more powerful than the Wii. I can't say that for people who waited in line for other consoles that are just mere generational technological upgrades (or in the case of the Wii, the same console with just new technology). The people who wait in line for the Xbox "spin around twice" and PlayStation 4 will probably be even more sad! :laugh:
Just have the option to turn Stage Hazards on/off.
Then that way both sides are happy.
Easy and efficient fix is easy and efficient. I don't get why this wasn't done in Brawl, considering it had a gazillion stage hazards and that story mode that failed at every level.

Also, let's not make moving stages so fast, and hazards so broken. It's freaking stupid. I want to fight ON the stage, not fight AGAINST the stage. That has been my stage theory since the beginning. Also, can we get some better layouts and more original ideas=??? Seriously, Mushroomy Kingdom and Rumble Falls were just a crappy Rainbow Ride (which kicks all kinds of butt by the way!), Norfair was a copy of Brinstar, which was a copy of Zebes (although Brinstar was pretty great), and Port Town Aero Dive was the worst copy of Mute City (which is EPIC!) imaginable.

Oh, and better spacing and design of the stages. Much more of the Brawl stages (compared to Melee and Smash 64) were awkward. Still, each game has had some pretty bad stages. Yoshi's Island 64, Mushroom Kingdom, Brinstar Depths, Green Greens (take out the bombs and the gaps between the two sides and it's a perfect stage), Venom, Big Blue, Infinite Glacier, Flat Zone, Mushroomy Kingdom, Mario Bros., Rumble Falls, 75M (probably the worst spaced smash bros. stage ever), the Bridge of Eldin, some of Pokémon Stadium 2's transformation (the electric and wind transformation literally prevents you from fighting; the ground one is epic IMO though), Flat Zone 2, Skyworld ('s breakable platforms), Wario Ware's quick transformations, Distant Planet's design, PictoChat's fast spawning parts, Electroplankton's... EVERYTHING!, etc.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
While I don't think there will be any Smash information, I will say that there are buzzings around the internet that a Nintendo Direct or some other announcement(s) will be made Thursday.

Probably just a regular ol' Nintendo Direct, though.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
http://wiiudaily.com/2012/10/first-person-is-waiting-in-line-for-wii-u/

DEDICATION

Too bad the critics at IGN and other gaming sites will get it a good week or too before the shops. I'm not going to be the one to tell the poor fanboy (seriously, Triforce isn't his nickname, he made it his real middle name) though, it would ruin the hype.:cool:
Triforce Johnson is in the gaming business so he knows that while he may not be the first to actually own a WiiU he'll be the first to officially buy his own WiiU. That's quite the feat for any bonafide die hard fan (this type of act goes beyond fanboy in my book) and to repeat it for another consecutive Nintendo console launch would earn this guy his place as the king of waiting for Nintendo consoles.

EDIT: Btw, it's spelled two. :laugh:

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
If the rumors are true about new characters not being the biggest priority in the game
then I think good new Stages in SSB4 should be a priority.

No more one stage per franchise like with what we saw with Brawl. They need to go back to giving 2 to each franchise, maybe even 3. And Mario/Zelda can have more being the most popular.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
No more one stage per franchise like with what we saw with Brawl. They need to go back to giving 2 to each franchise, maybe even 3. And Mario/Zelda can have more being the most popular.
Zelda, Pokemon, DK, Kirby, Earthbound, F-Zero, Mario, Metroid and anything that isn't a minor rep did get more than one stage (I think), lol.

EDIT: Besides, the biggest priority should be some form of balance among the cast.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Zelda, Pokemon, DK, Kirby, Earthbound, F-Zero, Mario, Metroid and anything that isn't a minor rep did get more than one stage (I think), lol.

EDIT: Besides, the biggest priority should be some form of balance among the cast.
dk, kirby, earthbound, fzero only got one new original stage, and their others were melee stages. I'd like for them to get at least 2 all new stages.

But yeah, balancing is the biggist priority for me as well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Seeing how Sakurai is an adventurous designer and stuff It'd be odd for him to not have non Nintendo systems seing how many great games don't go on Nintendo consoles.
Exactly.

Due to Nintendo's semi-poor choices.(not going CD for the n64, however, I thought it was better to have cartridges, but...) Then my favorite one is the extremely poor ram(etc.) in the GameCube and Wii. Seriously, that was just bad.

The GCN was harder to program due to smaller discs. Oh, and for the Wii, they told no third parties about the Wii Motion Plus. Nice. Or not allowing Mortal Kombat: Annihilation to go online because it must be "Mario Kart" first. Which is what made the game arguably worse than the PS2/Xbox versions.

Related, Brawl probably would've been faster if they went two discs instead of one. It's got severe slowdown, oh, and it probably could've had more space. :/

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Related, Brawl probably would've been faster if they went two discs instead of one. It's got severe slowdown, oh, and it probably could've had more space. :/
How do you make a multiplayer oriented game have two discs? Put all of the Subpar Emissary on one disc?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Brawl does have some serious slowdown during a typical wi-fi match, manly due to it being garbage to begin with.

Offline matches don't have those problems.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Offline matches aren't a problem at all except tripping.

Bit many don't really care about tripping since it grew into many many people, except when you trip and you get punished badly after that.

That ****.

Argh.

Sword_kirby777

Smash Cadet
I think that tripping due to bananas, and certain moves, like certain character's D-Tilts (Lucas, Ness, Meta Knight, etc.) is okay, but tripping by chance was annoying.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
well MK was groundbreaking back when it came out. but yeah now every game is just the same over and over. like so many other games i can think of... im talking about COD

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Even in the 90's it wasn't very good.
I'm talking more about its appearance and its love of Xtreme Letterz. Seriously, the only things missing are for someone to have Leon Kennedy's hair.

But yeah, MK9 bored the hell out of me after two days. I sold it a month later.

So back on to stage design. What kind of ideas do you have in mind that haven't been explored, at least much, yet. Greens Greens was always an interesting design so long as you could take out the blocks and bombs.

I could see Phendrana Drifts as a walkoff stage with thin ice portions and two platforms rising up and down at a consistent pace. You could do spikes on the opponent on the thin ice portions and send them to their death.

@3B
Mortal Kombat was really only groundbreaking in regards to how gory it was and that the game has a block button, a feature that very few fighters have (but that's not a good or bad thing).

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@3B The Giant- MK9, MK vs DC and Armageddon are all almost completely different

It's problems stem from most of the games having shallow gameplay more than anything

... Did I hear Phendrana Drifts as a stage being mentioned?

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Just let people know that they just announced Nintendo Direct tmw, but I don't think we will get anything smash from the ND.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom