• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

goosefactor

Smash Lord

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxA9jHvfWPc

Side tourney material imo : D. It doesn't look half bad.
horrible post imo

this made me lawl, its a facebook group

**** College I wanna be a Panda.

"I just saw some pandas on animal planet just laying around and eating bamboo and thats a hell of a lot better than college. Screw this **** I'm gonna be a panda."

XD1337

Smash Apprentice
Have u guys reserved the room, or should I... Hopefully i can be there this weekend, at least for singles.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
I just got fucked up by a Mexican that doesn't know the difference between a mens and womens bathroom in Spanish, and a small underaged white brat whose voice still cracks.

The only thing that could have been more embarassing would be a voorhese + Ray chun wombo combo
**** every post you have just keeps on getting worse

_kSo_

Smash Master
yea, everyone at NJIT is a noob and no one has a CRT tv :( all this HD hype is stupid...

So onto my question...does anyone know if there is a way to play on a computer monitor or something where there isn't lag? I'm pretty sure there's a way with a TV tuner card, but I heard it lags like hell :(

or, skylar do you still have that portable gamecube screen? if you somehow can get it to me, i can somehow give you moneyz for it :) it would be cheaper than buying a **** TV lol

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
yea, everyone at NJIT is a noob and no one has a CRT tv :( all this HD hype is stupid...

So onto my question...does anyone know if there is a way to play on a computer monitor or something where there isn't lag? I'm pretty sure there's a way with a TV tuner card, but I heard it lags like hell :(

or, skylar do you still have that portable gamecube screen? if you somehow can get it to me, i can somehow give you moneyz for it :) it would be cheaper than buying a **** TV lol
Can't you get a vga cable?

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
If not there, then craigslist
Craigslist is good stuff. I got my gently used, $600-800 guitar (different stores/sites, different prices) for $250 with that..

Also, Purdue peeps, anyone have any info on the Behavioral Neuroscience major? The academic counselor mentioned Purdue science is hard and stuff, but I can't see it being too bad, I don't have to take hardcore science, I might not even have to take 300 level classes if I don't want to.

Is college MUCH harder than high school any way? About how much homework do you do a day?

Jayford

Smash Lord
Craigslist is good stuff. I got my gently used, $600-800 guitar (different stores/sites, different prices) for $250 with that..

Also, Purdue peeps, anyone have any info on the Behavioral Neuroscience major? The academic counselor mentioned Purdue science is hard and stuff, but I can't see it being too bad, I don't have to take hardcore science, I might not even have to take 300 level classes if I don't want to.

Is college MUCH harder than high school any way? About how much homework do you do a day?
I think college is easier then high school, but that is probably because I didn't put really any effort into high school. I had like a 3.3 in high school. In college I started of with like a 3.0 because I was bad at math, but now I average a 3.7-3.8 GPA per semester. Also, the course work is much more interesting so I tend to put more effort into it. No major is going to be simple, but I am pretty sure you could handle the Behavioral Neuroscience. Gathering from your posts and the times I met you, you seem definitely capable of pursing such a major. Time per a day spent on HW varies quite a bit for me. Mostly because CIT likes to pile everything on you at the end. So some days I spend like an hour or 2 on hw and other days I'll spend like 10 hours working on a project lol. I don't see that being the case for a Behavioral Neuroscience major because I am assuming that you don't have programing projects that can take along time to do. It will most likely be spread out evenly. But I am rambling, you'll be fine if you do Behavioral Neuroscience. If not you can always change majors.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Everything said.
Thanks a lot for the reply. Two hours wouldn't be too bad in the least. I'm really looking forward to learning more about the things I care about. I'm also told college gets more into theoretical stuff, I really dislike the "random details from the chapters you just read" quizzes you get in high school. Thanks again.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Check the goodwill stores in your area. There's almost always a CRT tv for like 10 bucks.
If not there, then craigslist
oh yea goodwill LOL. forgot about that amazing store where all college kids get their furniture and appliances. DUH.

Also, I checked on craigslist, but there are very few places in NEWARK that I'm willing to visit a random person's house LOL

But yea, thanks for the tips. I'll check out the options

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
Both little screens are in Memphis, sadly. I'm not 100 percent either works, to boot.
They were insidiously expensive last I saw of them ... so buying your own would be silly.
See if Andrew will sell you one of his random little crt's or something.

Also, the Brawl hybrid looks interesting. If it turns out like they're hyping I'll play.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Both little screens are in Memphis, sadly. I'm not 100 percent either works, to boot.
They were insidiously expensive last I saw of them ... so buying your own would be silly.

Also, the Brawl hybrid looks interesting. If it turns out like they're hyping I'll play.
ah i see. Well that's ok. Thanks anyway!

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for never coming anymore, I'm busy with band, and robotics taking up every Saturday... I should be able to come back sometime between March and April/May...

OFF NOTE: looks like i'll be attending Purdue next year (West Lafayette Campus of course). I signed up for Earhart, so... hopefully one of you guys will be close enough so i can practice more and get better at this ridiculous game.

BunBun

Smash Master

The shipping would be more than the cost of a tv at goodwill xD

Hiroshi that's awesome!

Rin10-10

Smash Ace
I was a Sax man myself. Never did see the need for all those different ombishures.

Silly Brass players ...

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I just got fucked up by a Mexican that doesn't know the difference between a mens and womens bathroom in Spanish
Rofl, I guess this makes us even.

from what i understand its the exact same mechanics as melee with brawl graphics, doesn't seem that exciting to me
IF it ends up being just like Melee (although I doubt it will), I actually think it would be pretty awesome.

all u foonz better come to ssbo!! i know carl and brain aren't going, and i think kirkq is a lost cause haha...
Wait, why's Brain not coming? I didn't hear anything from that tob saying that he wasn't going to show up. Brain, explain yourself! You better at least be hanging out during the weekend.

Also, ya, Faith, from what I can gather, you should be just fine in that major.

Top Bottom