• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Maybe this is because it is 7:30 in the morning, but I found this joke funny and mind blowing

Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because Dec 25 = Oct 31.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Maybe this is because it is 7:30 in the morning, but I found this joke funny and mind blowing

Why do programmers confuse Halloween and Christmas? Because Dec 25 = Oct 31.
i love cs jokes. why did the programmer die in the shower? he read the shampoo. lather rinse repeat. XD. theres lots of more funny ones on the interwebs

this way is probably faster and allows you to pick me up too

*not reposting giant image
craig you very very bad man. very funny bad man.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Ah, thank you, Craig. Yes, let's see here...I'm sure I just take I-65 Sou--whaaaaaa??? Hmmm, well if you say so. I'll swing by and pick you up tomorrow after bowling. And who knows, if we're lucky perhaps we will arrive there before Thanksgiving.

Mention the trip to your doped up sister. Oh, and you're little bro too. I'm sure he'll be a bundle of joy to have during the car ride down there.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
Yo FRO sorry I didn't get back to your text, I was way too exhausted from this week to go to a tournament for most of my day

voorhese

Smash Master
hey anthony M2K just got some hype from the commentator over using light shield to not get shine grabbed

also i had not played for like 2-3 weeks and then i finally did last night, and when i did i found out both my triggers are broken =(

they both not really stick, but the shield stays up sometimes. any way u guys know how to fix this?

it was pretty frustrating, about half the time i wavedashed or L canceled then tried to move i would roll instead of dashing.

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
also i had not played for like 2-3 weeks and then i finally did last night, and when i did i found out both my triggers are broken =(

they both not really stick, but the shield stays up sometimes. any way u guys know how to fix this?
yes, but it's complicated.

1. Look at back of controller
2. Notice the screws
3. Grip screwdriver
4. Stab the screw heads and turn counter-clockwise while applying pressure
5. Put all loose screws in garbage can
6. Grip the back panel and pull it away from front
7. Grip circuit board and gently lift away from front
8. Fix the problem
9. Re-insert circuit board
10. Replace back panel over the circuit board
11. Apply super glue around edges
12. Get in car
13. Drive to Gamestop
14. Purchase new controller
15. Drive back

FIXED

BIG C

Smash Master
alternate plan go online to a website called play-asia or anywhere you can find a tri-wing screwdriver. use the tri wing screwdriver to take out the screws and clean your triggers. or just fiddle with them til they work properly again.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
my old controller had the exact same problem. but my solution was to buy another controller since i only had 1 anyway lol

also, whos staying on campus over break? i might be down to play this game again

WarHippy

Smash Journeyman
FREE FOOD!

Hi everyone, this is an official invite for anyone still on campus / in town looking for a full-fledged Thanksgiving day feast. We normally serve 12-14 people, but for whatever reason there are only going to be 6 in attendance. So, there won't be an infinite number of "who the hell are these people" moments. It'll just be me, my mom/dad, my brother w/ wife, and one other relative.

I'm about 2 miles off campus and can give rides if that would be an issue. Enjoy the Break!

voorhese

Smash Master
that sounds awesome, very nice of you to offer! I am not on campus for thanksgiving, but i still felt obligated to say that's nice of you =)

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

Jason and I will be going to Smashing Grounds this Saturday, heading out from my house in Indy. If anyone wants us to pick them up on the way I would be happy to. Cities we could stop in include but are not limited to Lafayette, Monticello, St. John, Chesterton, and Valpo!? Let me know if you wanna go.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
BARBER SHOP!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also, I just read the Hunger Games and in it there are these mutated wasps called Tracker Jackers. Made me hungry.

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
Venue Change for SSBO LXIII and Other Announcements

For those who are not yet aware, SSBO's will be held at 'Fro and I's apartment until further notice; this is our means of balancing the current low level of average attendance with tournament logistics, mostly having to do with hauling TV's and the like. For obvious reasons, we will not post the address online; if you don't know where we are, just PM 'Fro or myself and we will provide you with our address and directions. As well, we will be moving to a tri-weekly schedule (once every three weeks) starting next semester to give people a better chance at saving up for entry fees and to avoid over-saturating the crew, which seems to have been a pervasive problem recently. Furthermore, we are looking into a possible venue for a regional-sized tournament, JAB 3, to be held next semester. If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with one of the TO's and we'll be happy to assist you.

- Anthony

Jayford

Smash Lord
So I'll be around Friday night. Probably not Saturday because I have a gay 20 page paper to do lmao. Also, I'll be more active next semester, I promise :p. Also, let me know the next tourney you guys travel to. I am pretty serious about going to the next one. I gotta body everyone again ;).

EDIT: Small chance I'll be there Saturday. It depends how much work I get done Thursday.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
i think i only came to the first ssbo this semester…but i plan on going to the last one!
think i'm gonna play dk or somethin

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Following up with last week's attendance discussion, I'm giving a heads up that I'm just gonna stay up here this weekend.

:phone:

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Work johns here. I wanted to enter for a change, but I have to work Saturday. Though I am highly interested in getting ****ing wasted for a change. I could use the relaxation. (o.o )

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Lame. I'm going to try to make this. And chill with you guys. I can't wait. Any Friday night joonz?
Oh, the joonz will be coming full force, Corey, that I can guarantee.

Also, with regard to the PLR rankings, remember that this is the last SSBO that will be counted in these rankings for the semester and, as such, this is the last chance for anyone hoping to nab a bit of the collected moneys. With that said, I hope to commence the weekend with massive laffs tomorrow, as usual. Hope to see you all here!

Also, as well, I believe that I have found the one sentence that handily summarizes our weekend (and probably day-to-day) lives. http://imgur.com/r/pics/3zq5K

goosefactor

Smash Lord
How the heck are you supposed to sit around and do nothing if you don't drive down here :confused:?
....heh

Also, Scottson, win me some Magic tournies!

Also, as well, I believe that I have found the one sentence that handily summarizes our weekend (and probably day-to-day) lives. http://imgur.com/r/pics/3zq5K
Hahaha. I also like to complain about how unreasonably tired I am after eating an unreasonable amount of food (which in all fairness ins't too often since it's fairly difficult to fill up on seasoned air).

Lastly, this: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6346991.html?tag=newsticker;headline;1

Don't think anyone really cares though, :ohwell:

voorhese

Smash Master
If i make it back to lafayette before the tourney, which i doubt. Its ok though, your not gonna be missing much i havent played in like 4-5 weeks and my controller is broken, this voorhese is all washed up.

voorhese

Smash Master
>_< could always just show up and look for someone to team with, or play friendlies. theres an odd number of people all the time

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
SSBO LXIII Results

Doubles Results (5 teams)
1: We'll **** You Up, DJ (Lanceinthepants + iamthemicrowave) ($35.00)
2: Fros and Hoes ('Fro + WarHippy) ($10.00)

3: Dinner of the Destructive Sailors (Jayford + Weapon X)
4: I'm Bringing Santa Claus to California (Little England + DeeZ NutZ)
5: Scoundrels of Incredible the West (timerbomb + Faithkeeper)

Singles Results (9 players)
1: Little England ($25.00)
2: 'Fro ($10.00)
3: Lanceinthepants ($5.00)

4: iamthemicrowave
5: timerbomb
5: Tak
7: Jayford
7: Weapon X
9: DeeZ NutZ

Top Bottom