• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

ORLY

Smash Master
You guys are having an SSBO on the 4th?

EDIT: Nevermind I guess I read that wrong. Carry on!

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Jay, remind me again, how exactly do you have Project Melee? Is it like a burned disc or something? Are you able to make copies of it? I ask because I know that a friend of mine would really like to play it. He enjoys the Smash series, but we never really play together because he was never able to tackle the technical side of Melee, and well, Brawl is Brawl. So I think this game would be a perfect compromise.

As for the side tourney thing, it's whatever. IF you guys were to do it, I think it should be limited to singles only because it would take too long otherwise.

Alright now, if I do end up coming down this weekend, Ultimate MUST be played. Oh, and I think bowling is in order. I can go for a few good lafs. I, of course, will be sitting out for both of these activities. :p

'Fro

Smash Lord
As for the side tourney thing, it's whatever. IF you guys were to do it, I think it should be limited to singles only because it would take too long otherwise.

*Matt being a geezer so as to siphon his game-stress to other people* :p
Well, that gives me Matt's position. If people here are adamant about having a Project Melee tourney, please supply your voice to this before the weekend so plans can be made accordingly.

Also, u Matt. And what's this IF you come nonsense?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
the chances of magikarp dying to entry hazards, weather, priority moves, switching in on a sub or not being crippled by burn paralyze or poison is like 99% in the OU metagame. i didnt even mention about rain dance needing to be setup or the baton pass being blocked by taunt roar or whirlwind. I dont think you could show me a gen 4 OU team that doesnt have at least one of these elements on it. >_> to quote myself earlier
You're not good at pokemon.

And guys, definitely give Project Melee a go. The developers need feedback, it's not like it's finished right now.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Jay, remind me again, how exactly do you have Project Melee? Is it like a burned disc or something? Are you able to make copies of it? I ask because I know that a friend of mine would really like to play it. He enjoys the Smash series, but we never really play together because he was never able to tackle the technical side of Melee, and well, Brawl is Brawl. So I think this game would be a perfect compromise.

Alright now, if I do end up coming down this weekend, Ultimate MUST be played. Oh, and I think bowling is in order. I can go for a few good lafs. I, of course, will be sitting out for both of these activities. :p
You needed a modded wii and an SD card. It's really easy to do tho.

Well, that gives me Matt's position. If people here are adamant about having a Project Melee tourney, please supply your voice to this before the weekend so plans can be made accordingly.

We should do it guys :D. We could just do a straight to single elim bracket or something.

You're not good at pokemon.

And guys, definitely give Project Melee a go. The developers need feedback, it's not like it's finished right now.
This too :D.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord

I would like to see this happen and I will definitely be bringing my wii to the tourney (you also need a copy of brawl). We would probably need another wii, which means anthony or fro would have to mod theirs. I could definitely help as the process only takes about 10-15 minutes (with a wireless internet connection), but if you don't want to mod your wii I also understand.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Anymore, this is going to depend on housing, other peoples' plans, and well, other factors. I've come to realize that it's no longer just a given like it used to be.

You needed a modded wii and an SD card. It's really easy to do tho.
I would like to see this happen and I will definitely be bringing my wii to the tourney (you also need a copy of brawl). We would probably need another wii, which means anthony or fro would have to mod theirs. I could definitely help as the process only takes about 10-15 minutes (with a wireless internet connection), but if you don't want to mod your wii I also understand.
An SD card? So if I just find one of those guys and it gets modded (and I have Brawl, of course), I'll be able to play whenever?

Regardless, you guys can have your way with my Wii. Apart from Zelda, I don't give a rat's *** what happens to that gay thing.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
An SD card? So if I just find one of those guys and it gets modded (and I have Brawl, of course), I'll be able to play whenever?

Regardless, you guys can have your way with my Wii. Apart from Zelda, I don't give a rat's *** what happens to that gay thing.
I'd be happy to stick my floppy into your wii's disc drive.

(but yea you need a SD card also)

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I'd be happy to stick my floppy into your wii's disc drive.

(but yea you need a SD card also)
Well, I already said it was a gay thing, so the joke's on you cuz you'd be doing it a favor.

Hmm, is there like a specific kind that I need to get? Is it something I can get at like Target or somethin'? //noobhat

Also, my LochNess better be good in this thing. I played the game once before for a bit, but I don't really remember it.

'Fro

Smash Lord
So, judging by the response so far, it seems like people are up for the Project Melee tournament. I'll ask you guys again on the day and with enough response we'll run it. Just be sure to bring enough set-ups for it, please.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I have heard good things about project M...hopefully someone records at this next tourney you guys have kuz I wanna watch haha

^_^

shanus

Smash Hero
I have some matches recorded :D. I can upload a few and I'll record the tournament lol.
Please don't post them. I know your using an outdated leak of Project M, so please don't post clips since they are significantly outdated. Feel free to post new clips using the official demo which we will be releasing in early Feb.

shanus

Smash Hero
Thanks jayford. Let me know how the tourney goes, get excited for the new demo too, we have a ton of awesome updates.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Thanks John. I am sorry I can't make it, but I really appreciate all the hard work you have done for the community. You are an awesome guy and an amazing TO. The fact that you had the balls to DQ m2k and jman is one of my favorite memories haha :)

Good luck!!!

Top Bottom