• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

voorhese

Smash Master
well, like i said i played bawrl instead of melee...but not cuz the thumb hurting, but cuz my brother plays it, idk i think i might be pretty good at it >_< i wanna play jay's puff next time im down there

Jayford

Smash Lord
well, like i said i played bawrl instead of melee...but not cuz the thumb hurting, but cuz my brother plays it, idk i think i might be pretty good at it >_< i wanna play jay's puff next time im down there
If you use Diddy it will be **** lol.

GGs everyone. Goose I'll get you next time!!!!!!

Also, I can't find my controller lmao. It's black, has a mewtwo stickier on the front and some dirty medical tape on the back. It might be in Skyler's car. If anyone finds it let me know. If not then I can't play Fox / Falco anymore :(

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I enjoyed that stuff a lot, especially the after dinner smash, I feel like that helped me improve more than the tourney.

Also, you guys make me want to play blaz blue. Skylar, can I borrow that sometime? and I think I'm officially a ps3 pad player, jay, you can have your stick back.

Shoutouts:
1: Brainfactor (Goosefactor): I swear the funniest thing this weekend has been your face after having a sip of skylars drink
2: LuBu (Jayford): Good stuff man, I guess it did rain.
3: iamthemicrowave: Wrecking me as always... Happy birthday this week!
4: DeeZ NutZ: gg in pools, your avatar makes me sick to my stomach.
5: Caw! Caw! Caw! (Bees): Whaaaa! and we never got that challenge match.
5: 'Fro (by forfeit): I liked it when you called purdue a "rigorous-*** college."
7: Midwest Border Patrol: Friendlies were fun, thanks for coming.
7: CNN: Brinstar. Looks like I need to learn my counter picks
9: Rintintin: Sorry you got a gay pool. Thankks for driving me to my car. Good thing I brought my ps3 controller.
9: Faithkeeper: man you suck. Keep up that practice though, you'll get better.
11: zephyrmace: You using falcon now? I like your falcon though, your knee oos scares me.

kirkq

Smash Ace
2: LuBu (Jayford) ($10.00)
Voting to replace the power rankings with a committee of knowledgeable Purdue players, and no I don't mean the tournament organizers.

Also if the current system is to remain in place, for the third time I'd like my name removed.

EDIT: Also I should not have been removed from 1st place by this clause. (Arguably I shouldn't even be ranked.)

e. To make the results of a challenge official, both involved players as well as at least one credible witness must PM the results of the match to the Smashboards account PurdueSmash.
EDIT2: Please issue criteria for what makes an SSBO regional or non-regional.

2) The PPR will be used to assign pool positions more accurately during non-regional SSBO events and will also be used to seed brackets outright if time does not permit pool play.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Speaking of...I am interested as to why you(Anthony) chose to go with your challenge system as supposed to a more traditional panel system.
In a nutshell, we opted to go with the more novel challenge system as a means of providing some sort of incentive for consistent improvement and to have a more objective means of assessing player skill than the panel system. As well, the system is deliberately designed such that a player will hit certain "brick walls," so to speak (represented by opposing players in the rankings, of course); in this manner, our players will have a more focused idea of what match-ups are troubling them and what they need to work on to improve still further. This system is designed to reward efforts at becoming a stronger player. In discussing this challenge system, KSO and myself rather quickly discarded the notion of the panel system as it did not fulfill our objective of providing some sort of active competitive incentive for the community as a whole.

Jayford

Smash Lord
I killed Goose this weekend with rollout twice LOL. That move is so ****, no one knows.

Jason: Your hoddie wasn't in my car =/
Skyler: Let me know if you find my controller lol. Also, I'm assuming you have my Wii >.> My roommate and his girlfriend were already asking about it lmao.

_kSo_

Smash Master

'Fro

Smash Lord
I now declare myself the 3rd best Fox at Purdue. Anyone who witnessed my epic full hop n-air off the stage to shine will concur. In fact, Cunning Kitsune could only let his jaw drop in amazement at the sight. Get at me.

Also, Project M is rather interesting. I think Sonic gained a LOT from the move to Melee mechanics and physics, particularly against slower characters. Being able to punish things from clear across the stage is too amazing. For a closed alpha version, it has a lot of potential.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
ggs everyone

Goosefactor - you ownd me in WF. ggs at anthonys, i <3 our fox dittos.

Jayford - LOL that set was so frickin close, def one of the closet 5 games sets ive ever had. I can see you have put alot of work into your camping game. I will step up my camping for the next time we play.

DeeZ NutZ - your sheik is improving, now please stop johning when i play sheik against you. you arent the only one who gets to use her gayness

Brett - you have improved substantially. work on that dtilt -> grab approach.

'Fro (by forfeit) - your forfeiting makes me sad :(, but I understand that you had prior obligations. I think that you can improve in the fox sheik matchup substantially if you step up your edgeguarding.

Midwest Border Patrol - Dude, so awesome that you came out here, and by yourself at that. You have really improved alot since we played over the summer. You have the basic sheik style, and i was very impressed by your edgeguards! Hopefully you can meet up with the Big C, he is pretty good at this game.

CNN - learn to float cancel and play peach properly!

Rintintin - ggs at anthonys. you started playing alot better after just a few games, and i was very impressed by the stuff you were doing. keep it up!

Faithkeeper - you were messing up way too many easy things, practice that tech more until it becomes second nature. try and slow down when you play and be less frantic.

zephyrmace - josh your falcon is just silly, stop tech chasing me with nairs XD. i wanna go to miami sometime

also, a shoutout to Anthony for that high gravity training yesterday. fox dittos with you are tooo fun! we need to play more. i wish you would start entering our tournaments, myself and the rest of the crew could really use the experience, not to mention the hype and OOR attendance it would bring. playing you in tournament matches would be awesome and very rewarding.

_kSo_

Smash Master
also, a shoutout to Anthony for that high gravity training yesterday. fox dittos with you are tooo fun! we need to play more. i wish you would start entering our tournaments, myself and the rest of the crew could really use the experience, not to mention the hype and OOR attendance it would bring. playing you in tournament matches would be awesome and very rewarding.
I think everyone in our crew (myself included, however that's irrelevant to this statement) has improved drastically and having anthony enter the tournaments (especially since you have 3 TO's now) would indeed be a great experience for some of the up and coming players.

I'm sure if you played an off character, anthony, you wouldn't win every time haha :-D

ORLY

Smash Master
I'll try to bring a couple cars to this upcoming one, fellas. See y'all in a couple weeks!

Also: did Jason not enter this one?

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Faithkeeper - you were messing up way too many easy things, practice that tech more until it becomes second nature. try and slow down when you play and be less frantic.
Yeah, I picked up a controller for the first time since monday when I played you, that's why I would go over to a platform and just practice shuffling on it, I was trying to warm up. I knew I wouldn't beat you, and I had to warm up vs somebody.... last time I tried to warm up before pools I got yelled at. but no johns on my part, I very much agree with everything you said. I'd be interested to see what jay would have to say about our friendlies the other day, I was all warmed up at that point and playing pretty well.

[joonz]
btw, if I don't get out of work til 2:30, what am I supposed to do? just play pools without warming up? That sucks for me pretty hard, not being able to shuffle is a pretty big handicap.

[/joonz]

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
I lol'd when my friend saw this on his friend's wall:

Te Acuerdas De Tu Primera Ves? Cuando Decías: "Me Duelee, Pero, No Me Lo Sakes!!!" "Muevelo, Pero, Suavee Sudabas & Sangrabas

For those who don't know spanish it says "Do you remember your first time? When you said 'It hurts, but don't pull it out!! Move it but softly' You were sweating and bleeding" XDD (Mind out of the gutter now. It was about removing a kid's first tooth) any who. GG's everyone. Project M was fun as fudge. And no corey I still prefer ganon but I haven't played him in a while so i went with a faster version. lol

BunBun

Smash Master
I lol'd when my friend saw this on his friend's wall:

Te Acuerdas De Tu Primera Ves? Cuando Decías: "Me Duelee, Pero, No Me Lo Sakes!!!" "Muevelo, Pero, Suavee Sudabas & Sangrabas

For those who don't know spanish it says "Do you remember your first time? When you said 'It hurts, but don't pull it out!! Move it but softly' You were sweating and bleeding" XDD (Mind out of the gutter now. It was about removing a kid's first tooth) any who. GG's everyone. Project M was fun as fudge. And no corey I still prefer ganon but I haven't played him in a while so i went with a faster version. lol
That's awesome.
Josh I miss you.
And Allain.

zephyrmace

Smash Journeyman
That's awesome.
Josh I miss you.
And Allain.
awws *kissy face* I miss Allain too. He was a good teacher. Everytime he sees me he starts speaking to me in Spanish. This semester blows so much. You know NUCL 510? No one wanted to teach it so they forced it on Choi. We should have had 10 lectures so far but 4 were cancelled, 3 we watched movies, and 1 was orientation bull ****. -_- we're so screwed

Top Bottom