• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I didnt even watch this past the 20 second mark, but Im sure its about the same the whole way through:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrVWyj-XcbQ
Ya, well I watched this to the 5:58 mark, and let me assure you, it is the same the whole way through.

0:15
Did that just happen?

0:19-0:21
I'm sorry, but any man who atteds a FLAVORWAVE INFOMERCIAL especially where the attendence consists almost entirely of women (and rightfully so) just has to be gay.

1:13-1:19
Darla's voice has got to go.

1:58-2:02
Highlight of the vid (his little shimmy adds so much)

2:08-2:10
"My taste buds is going wild!" Ya, he's black alright.

3:11-3:15
"That's because the flavorwave seals in the flavor." WTF does this even mean?

4:21-4:25
Me too, Darla. Me too....

Thanks for the gem, Iggy.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I cannot believe i used to spend my saturday REALLY EARLY mornings watching these before cartoons when i was a kid. But they were so convincing.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
So yesterday after arguing with Jay, I realized that he only likes 4 characters in this game: CFalcon, JigglyPuff, Ganondorf, and Yoshi.

To him, everyone else is far too boring to play / not fun lol.

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
So yesterday after arguing with Jay, I realized that he only likes 4 characters in this game: CFalcon, JigglyPuff, Ganondorf, and Yoshi.

WHAT?!?!?!?! sheik is BY FAR the most exciting/fun character to play :laugh: f'ing jay

Lavos

Smash Journeyman

Of course, Carl would leave off my entire "Semi Interesting" list.

Semi Interesting:
Sheik
Pikachu
DK
ICs
G&W
Dr. Mario

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol, of course you don't like Mewtwo. He's a psychic type and there for counters Ghost, am I right?

goosefactor

Smash Lord
closing thoughts: how do you reply to multiple quotes in one post? i would like to know
Sorry George, I'm still having trouble figuring that one out. But don't worry, I'll hopefully be able to crack the code soon. And when I do, I'll be sure to fill you in.

As for interesting/fun characters to play, I reallly only enjoy Marth and Falcon. I used to have fun with Luigi, Ness, and Peach, but anymore. It's mainly just those two. Fox would be fun to me, but the aggravation of not being able to do anything right with him overpowers any fun I would otherwise have.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Sorry George, I'm still having trouble figuring that one out. But don't worry, I'll hopefully be able to crack the code soon. And when I do, I'll be sure to fill you in.

As for interesting/fun characters to play, I reallly only enjoy Marth and Falcon. I used to have fun with Luigi, Ness, and Peach, but anymore. It's mainly just those two. Fox would be fun to me, but the aggravation of not being able to do anything right with him overpowers any fun I would otherwise have.
Dude, just do what I did in teams with Fox! Spam u-smash, b-air, u-air, and n-air! Also, f-air to d-air to u-smash to n-air is the best combo ever!

As far as fun, I do get a kick out of playing Samus (ignores the boos). Missiling someone inside the magnifying glass is too much! Also, 0-54% death combos on Rainbow Cruise. Must be fighting a non-teching opponent to apply.

Sir_Kibble

Smash Cadet
Hey, I can have zero to death combos, too 'Fro!

0% - Death Combo(Kibble Version):
(1) Grab.
(2) Down Throw.
(3) Accidentally hit down b.
(4) Wait while opponent runs off the stage out of sheer embarassment - having just tech rolled into a standing Yoshi bomb.

(Thanks, Anthony!)

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace

0% - Death Combo(Kibble Version):
(1) Grab.
(2) Down Throw.
(3) Accidentally hit down b.
(4) Wait while opponent runs off the stage out of sheer embarassment - having just tech rolled into a standing Yoshi bomb.

(Thanks, Anthony!)
I am so good at this game and at everything that I do.

'Fro

Smash Lord
I quit Smash
For what? Soul Calibur? Pokémon? Melty Blood?

Speaking of, Andrew, You need to teach me advanced stuff with Tono next time we play. I kinda wanna switch it up from that ridiculous jump kick all day.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
For breakdancing and academics.

I seriously play this game too much.
just play less, nigga.
learn to control your time usage.

more like, learn to concentrate in study, which Anthony is really good at.

I get disttracted (not sure of spelling) a lot, but i still am able to manage what i have to do in time.

before you complain about its difficulty, you just have to do it.

easy level math is... RIDICULOUSLY EASY... but if you don't do it, you fail that shiit.

For me, CS was ridiculously difficult.
I don't understand anything in the class, nor could i do hw by myself.
but guess what

I got A in that class.
I SERIOUSLY DO NOT KNOW HOW, but I DID.
It is called, a MIRACLE.

you can do it son.
learn to manage your time wisely, and do things important before something that is less important, or something that you can do it later.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol Soap, eventually... eventually... :p I'll let you know.

And Maus, even you took huge breaks off of smash for academics. You stopped going to SSBOs, barely went to Tark, and eventually got insanely rusty (recalling your 2nd semester here) to get those grades.

BunBun

Smash Master
Dude, just do what I did in teams with Fox! Spam u-smash, b-air, u-air, and n-air! Also, f-air to d-air to u-smash to n-air is the best combo ever!

As far as fun, I do get a kick out of playing Samus (ignores the boos). Missiling someone inside the magnifying glass is too much! Also, 0-54% death combos on Rainbow Cruise. Must be fighting a non-teching opponent to apply.
I figured out what it was. Once I missed the first tech, I pressed R again and was screwed for 40 MORE frames, so....yeah, Charge shot.

Speaking of, Andrew, You need to teach me advanced stuff with Tono next time we play. I kinda wanna switch it up from that ridiculous jump kick all day.
Tohno, and sure. I know a few BnB's with him. Nanaya's more my Shiki forte, though.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
I have a rather novel way of doing things when it comes to studying, but I do believe that it is quite effective. Basically, I intersperse periods of work and study with periods of random non-work and non-study. Sometimes that involves just practicing tech for like 5-10 minutes. Sometimes that involves just laying in bed and doing absolutely nothing for a bit. The basic idea is that your productivity and urge to continue working will diminish with time if you just keep trying to grind away at something for hours on end without anything at all to break the monotony; however, if you can manage to break that monotony in a controlled fashion (key words), you can increase both your productivity and your will to continue doing whatever it was you were doing.

So yeah, that's my secret. heh

'Fro

Smash Lord
I have a rather novel way of doing things when it comes to studying, but I do believe that it is quite effective. Basically, I intersperse periods of work and study with periods of random non-work and non-study. Sometimes that involves just practicing tech for like 5-10 minutes. Sometimes that involves just laying in bed and doing absolutely nothing for a bit. The basic idea is that your productivity and urge to continue working will diminish with time if you just keep trying to grind away at something for hours on end without anything at all to break the monotony; however, if you can manage to break that monotony in a controlled fashion (key words), you can increase both your productivity and your will to continue doing whatever it was you were doing.

Used to be my secret, too, when I actually destroyed my classes. I've just been getting bogged down by my frustration too much, and resorting to my myriad of distractions to make me forget the ***-kicking I've received in class, particularly this semester. As it is right now, I'm 14 problems into a 53 problem set for my math exam tomorrow (which Andrew should be having as well).

I would insert a random "I hate school" here, but honestly, it's all on me.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
And Maus, even you took huge breaks off of smash for academics. You stopped going to SSBOs, barely went to Tark, and eventually got insanely rusty (recalling your 2nd semester here) to get those grades.
man, i had 18 credit hours. In fact, it was 24 hours a week.
can you imagine that nonsense?
it was like, verballiy punching me in the face.

i had to sustain my grade above 3.0 GPA.
I am not smart, i had to try so hard that i could sustain above 3.0 GPA.
I gave up 95% of my leisure time for studying and made 3.21 GPA.
that wasn't so worth it, but i just did what i had to do.

However, i really wanted to throw away those works (hw, projects, group work, etc), and play.. ANYTHING.
Mostly smash, but i really wanted to get away from them.

But i just could not, because i had to get some good grade. THAT IS HOW THE ASIAN WORK =P

the other reason, i didn't go to Tark much,
was that i know, i get distracted in my room, by my computer which was sitting right in front of my face and control my brain to make to get on Youtube.

I knew and know, I will spend some time in something else,
and one way of saving my leisure time was to reduce my playing time, basicaly means,, almost no smash.

All of you guys were saying that i was just making excuses of nonsenses,
BUT, money issue was ACTUALLY one of the reasons why i stopped going to SSBOs.

and ummm,
i still made 3.2 GPA.

Different school of course... but pretty much the same result came out.
EVENTHOUGH I WAS STILL PLAYING SMASH (+ Gears of War 2 >_> ), just less, way less than in my 1st sem in Purdue, but more than in my 2nd sem in Purdue...

PS.

I fail as a Korean. Sorry guys.
I got B in Math.... ;_;

How the fawk....

'Fro

Smash Lord
I fail as a Korean. Sorry guys.
I got B in Math.... ;_;

How the fawk....
I thought it was the Chinese stereotype to be good at math? I've actually met a good number of Koreans that drink better than they study! :laugh:

P.S. Obviously no offense intended to Koreans, seeing as a lot of my friends are Korean.

soap

Smash Hero
if you can manage to break that monotony in a controlled fashion (key words), you can increase both your productivity and your will to continue doing whatever it was you were doing.

i fail at the control part, i do HW a few hours before it is due. definitely not the best method if it turns out to be really hard and i end up getting stuck

mecatomato

Smash Lord
I thought it was the Chinese stereotype to be good at math? I've actually met a good number of Koreans that drink better than they study! :laugh:

P.S. Obviously no offense intended to Koreans, seeing as a lot of my friends are Korean.
Koreans are rankers in all the bad stuffs.

1st in adolescence smoking rate in the world.
We beat Chinese people in this crap.
(not to be mean to Chinese people or anything, but if you go to China, you will just see)

1st in personal water usage.
wow.

Education System sucks balls.
Price is rising ridiculously high.

ETC

I hate many Koreans' personalities.
like, responses to certain situations etc.

There are just too many stupid things in Korea.
THEY FUCKING BETTER CHANGE THOSE STUFFS IN NEAR FUTURE.

And Outside Korea,
whenever people see koreans, they simply judge,
Koreans smoke and drink a lot, play Star Craft, always hang out with koreans only and have stupid korean accent.

I just hate those stuffs.
Because, i obviously do not fall under any of those.
i do play SC, but not as into it much as other koreans.

Mr H

Smash Ace
Snoww Dayyyyyy!!!!
dont have to take my last final for awhile
im sorry that im a 10 y/o,

Sir_Kibble

Smash Cadet
Snoww Dayyyyyy!!!!
If a snow day stalled my last exam today I think I would have had to kill something. Thankfully, this is Purdue Engineering. If you can't figure out how to pass an impromptu ice skating challenge on your way to class you can't be expected to succeed.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
(Thanks, Anthony!)
LOLOLOL

With this and that egg combo I heard about at last week's tourney, it's: Yoshi-2, Ckit-0.

Listen to the guy. He knows what he's talking about.
I quit Smash
Ya dude, just play the game less. In all honesty, I only play the game when I'm down there with you guys. It's sad because I used to practice a lot, but now with school and taking whole weekends to come down, I just don't have the time. And when you do play, it will make the game more fun since you don't play it as much. At least that's how it is for me.

Snoww Dayyyyyy!!!!
OMG, F'n Rodney and his F'n high school antics. I bet the roads aren't even that bad. The school board probably just realizes how pointless high school is and just decided not to waste your guys' time.
Thankfully, this is Purdue Engineering. If you can't figure out how to pass an impromptu ice skating challenge on your way to class you can't be expected to succeed.
LOLOLOL

Top Bottom