• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
Very likely. It turns out I'm here until the 27th (heading out on the 28th) and returning after New Year. Draco, I'm gonna be staying at Saurabh's, so he MIGHT show up based on how his distance learning courses pan out.
so is the 20th a go? or are we skipping?

DracoFox

Smash Ace
Very likely. It turns out I'm here until the 27th (heading out on the 28th) and returning after New Year. Draco, I'm gonna be staying at Saurabh's, so he MIGHT show up based on how his distance learning courses pan out.
Works for me. Doubt I'll have a job anytime soon, unless someone gives me a call.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
I wanna hang out with all of you guys this weekend. :(

*EDIT*

F'n KSO. This happens way too often to me.

_kSo_

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iJ7GUwy_so

I just watched this video again and read through the comments and I lol'd

I wanna hang out with all of you guys this weekend. :(

*EDIT*

F'n KSO. This happens way too often to me.
Come down on Friday, I don't leave till Saturday afternoon. Also, I get out of work at 3:30pm on Friday so if you can come early that'd be cool. But I dunno what the plans are for the rest of the weekend so maybe we can figure something out with the other guys

'Fro

Smash Lord

Come down on Friday, I don't leave till Saturday afternoon. Also, I get out of work at 3:30pm on Friday so if you can come early that'd be cool. But I dunno what the plans are for the rest of the weekend so maybe we can figure something out with the other guys
Notable issues in the comments:

1. "6th best on the East Coast and best in the Midwest" , "Cocky" were repeated profusely.

2. Everybody but Carl was calling you "koso".

@ the Goose man:
As long as you're up for the usual shenanigans (i.e. being up really late) I can hang out. I do have stuff earlier on (Final and a get-together on Friday, Spanish final on Saturday) but I can still chill.

BunBun

Smash Master
Notable issues in the comments:

1. "6th best on the East Coast and best in the Midwest" , "Cocky" were repeated profusely.

2. Everybody but Carl was calling you "koso".

@ the Goose man:
As long as you're up for the usual shenanigans (i.e. being up really late) I can hang out. I do have stuff earlier on (Final and a get-together on Friday, Spanish final on Saturday) but I can still chill.
Fro, you need to use more SWD backwards through enemies to charge shot. It ***** =P

All the SSB64 stuff was funny. Didn't you place 3rd in a SSB64 tournament held here?

Sir_Kibble

Smash Cadet
Fro, you need to use more SWD backwards through enemies to charge shot. It ***** =P
If Fro learns to do that reliably, I quit life. I mean, I have enough trouble hitting him when he hardly moves. SWD's would just blow my freakin' mind.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Who does that poor victim remind me of? :laugh:
You too, huh? At least I'm not the only one. Carl seems to get around....

Hmmm, I wouldn't be able to get there until my usual midnight time, and I had stuff going on on Sat. I wasn't really suggesting going down there or anything, I was just commenting on one of the very few drawbacks to Christmas Break. But hey, you, me, Maus and Ckit (and whoever else) WILL BE PLAYING SC over the break, so not all is lost.

**EDIT**

Oh, and perhaps if we're lucky, I can get Clockwork to join us too. :p

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
hmm i will own all you in any video game ever bring it on!!!

EDIT: Also my music tastes are the best in the world..

Top 10 Bands of all time according to George(no specific order):
1. Tool
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Pink Floyd
4. The Beatles
5. Bob Marley
6. The Beach Boys
7. Radiohead
8. Nine Inch Nails
9. Phish
10. Jimi Hendrix

YEAHYUHHZ

ownd ownd ownd ownd ownd...can i get a side of ownd with that ownd?

BIG C

Smash Master
hmm I Will Own All You In Any Video Game Ever Bring It On!!!

Edit: Also My Music Tastes Are The Best In The World..

Top 10 Bands Of All Time According To George(no Specific Order):
1. Tool
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Pink Floyd
4. The Beatles
5. Bob Marley
6. The Beach Boys
7. Radiohead
8. Nine Inch Nails
9. Phish
10. Jimi Hendrix

Yeahyuhhz

Ownd Ownd Ownd Ownd Ownd...can I Get A Side Of Ownd With That Ownd?
BORN TO MACK!!!c

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
you guys should play a good game online like anything not RTS
LOL, command & conquer anyone?? the original owns ****ing ion cannon is the bomb!!!

edit: also no MMORPGS, massive waste of time

bunbun, cs is good and i was good in high school, 1.6 only, source sucks large ones

No one has any thoughts about the music I listed? come on people

closing thoughts: how do you reply to multiple quotes in one post? i would like to know

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I hate fighting games its like hey lets spam buttons a lot and spam some more and oops game over.

BIG C

Smash Master
haha at least you get to use like combinations of buttons instead of highlight click highlight click. and you have control over A character you just aren't some deity spawning troops to fight for you.

and i like other games than fighters, i enjoy RPG's and action/adventure games. it's just having control over a character is my biggest pet peeve for RTS games I hate just being this hand in the sky. the playing methos takes a huge backseat compared to the character control.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
You can't really argue number of buttons pressed, in high level play, you'll be pressing waaaay more keys on a keyboard then there even are buttons on most controllers.

Past that, the method and control go hand in hand at high level play as well, you need both equally to succeed. Though at low levels, I can understand how you'll struggle with control of your macro and micro at the same time.

BIG C

Smash Master
starcraft ghost woulda been the **** is all im sayin iggy.

like i never say it's hands down a terrible game like it's a fact i just personally hate the genre. mostly because I would rather just be one soldier in the army and go fux **** up instead of hand in the sky man.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I know what you mean, just saying some of the johns you listed are just noob johns, and that's what bothered me.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
i enjoy RPG's and action/adventure games.
Nuff said. RPG's rock.

And ya, to be honest, RTS's, or really any other PC game in general, aren't really my style either. I was just introduced to SC way back in high school and it just kinda stuck. There's just something about the game that makes me want to keep going back to it. But RPG's are where it's at.

Concerning action/adventure games, one of my favorite games that is totally overlooked is an older PS game called Alundra. It's a lot like Zelda: A Link to the Past, yet is longer and harder (that's what she said. ya guys, I caught myself this time). But seriously, Big C, if you liked the SNES Zelda, and you're not put off by somewhat of outdated graphics, I totally recommend Alundra to ya. But don't bother with the sequel though because it's total ****.

BIG C

Smash Master
Nuff said. RPG's rock.

And ya, to be honest, RTS's, or really any other PC game in general, aren't really my style either. I was just introduced to SC way back in high school and it just kinda stuck. There's just something about the game that makes me want to keep going back to it. But RPG's are where it's at.

Concerning action/adventure games, one of my favorite games that is totally overlooked is an older PS game called Alundra. It's a lot like Zelda: A Link to the Past, yet is longer and harder (that's what she said. ya guys, I caught myself this time). But seriously, Big C, if you liked the SNES Zelda, and you're not put off by somewhat of outdated graphics, I totally recommend Alundra to ya. But don't bother with the sequel though because it's total ****.
my brother totally rocked alundra out but i don't know if i have it anymore.

O_o

If that were ten characters long, it'd be all I'd say.
hit space like 6-7 times and add a period and you will be good to go

Top Bottom