• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
I quit Smash
No johns, man.

Seriously, just do what I do and turn smash into school. DI = Vector addition. Stage bans and counterpicks = game theory. Tier list = philosophy. I could go on. Just yesterday, I was thinking about how deciding what aspects of my game to practice should satisfy MUx/Px = MUy/Py = MUz/Pz (where x, y, and z signify tech skill, spacing, and mindgames).

And try out kitsune's study strat of punctuating studying with smash/do nothing/internet breaks. I do that, too and I make pretty good grades.

Sir_Kibble

Smash Cadet
And try out kitsune's study strat of punctuating studying with smash/do nothing/internet breaks. I do that, too and I make pretty good grades.
I just cut out the studying all together. I find it helps my stress level.

EDIT: I just realized how insane the above comment makes you, DEX. Congrats.

EDIT II: THIS THREAD IS NOW MORE THAN 200 PAGES LONG. WHY GOD, WHY!?

'Fro

Smash Lord
Or just be me and don't practice >_<
I don't really practice that much, either. Then again, I play Samus.

As of now, I'm set to be at my exam in 50 minutes, and I still haven't finished all the problems. Crap!:( (Got 3 left)

On a side note, I've been contemplating going huge aggro on my hair (A.K.A getting rid of the 'fro for a while).

_kSo_

Smash Master
OOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm done with finals as of yesterday. I'm done with work as of 10 minutes ago.

Going back to jersey tomorrow. gg noobs

voorhese

Smash Master
On a side note, I've been contemplating going huge aggro on my hair (A.K.A getting rid of the 'fro for a while).
hmmm i wonder what u would look like with no fro...... and besides u cant do that anyways, bcuz u r my way to find places....- "look for my fro"

'Fro

Smash Lord
hmmm i wonder what u would look like with no fro...... and besides u cant do that anyways, bcuz u r my way to find places....- "look for my fro"
....Let's get this straight: I am NOT your 'Fro.

@Maus: I know, but as compared to say, Fox, she isn't that heavy on the technical side. SWD and extender are the only things that I think are hard to do with Samus, and those aren't essential to her gameplan. Perhaps the hardest thing that is essential with her is wavedash out of sheild (which I'm still working on).

BIG C

Smash Master
@Maus: I know, but as compared to say, Fox, she isn't that heavy on the technical side. SWD and extender are the only things that I think are hard to do with Samus, and those aren't essential to her gameplan. Perhaps the hardest thing that is essential with her is wavedash out of sheild (which I'm still working on).
SWD is essential to my samus' gameplan. YAYUHZ!!!!

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Fox is not a technical character. =P

at this point, the Joke is finished

anyway,
SWD is hard until you learn the perfect timiing,, i cannot really pull out either.

But before those,
maybe your style is very calm, you might have even thought of other skills..

Double/Triple Missles,
Full hop / Short hop fast fall Missles,
platform cancelled missle (at the right timing)
Double/Triple Missiles with Two Bombs,
usage of grapple beam
controlling the distance of Wavedash (hardest with Luigi, but with samus, it is pretty hard and important too)

ETC...

DracoFox

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrJ47f-uIJU&feature=related Cause it's Captain Falcon related.

Fro,
Screw the SWD. Wave dashing is important, but you play at your own level. We can give you tips on what to do, but you can do whatever you want. Just don't hit on me. Seriously though, your play style with Samus is pretty legit, and quite frankly annoying as hell. But that's what makes it fun and the challenge for us.

Hell, maybe we can get some Samus work in on ya over this break. You have me cell, just give me a call. You are welcome to crash at my place as well if you want.

Man, i am so ***ing tired!!! (yes, i used stars)

'Fro

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrJ47f-uIJU&feature=related Cause it's Captain Falcon related.

Fro,
Screw the SWD. Wave dashing is important, but you play at your own level. We can give you tips on what to do, but you can do whatever you want. Just don't hit on me. Seriously though, your play style with Samus is pretty legit, and quite frankly annoying as hell. But that's what makes it fun and the challenge for us.

Hell, maybe we can get some Samus work in on ya over this break. You have me cell, just give me a call. You are welcome to crash at my place as well if you want.

Man, i am so ***ing tired!!! (yes, i used stars)
The only thing as far as getting over to your place is transportation. I don't know how many rides I can bum off Saurabh, because he lives deeper into the west side on Salisbury. I'll figure out something.

Also, any Tales of Symphonia fans in the house? I just placed a mail-order for the original, and was wondering if anyone wanted to play that. Presea FTW!

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Also, any Tales of Symphonia fans in the house? I just placed a mail-order for the original, and was wondering if anyone wanted to play that. Presea FTW!
LOL, ya man, don't beat the game before Christmas break is over. I'll help you take down that little pansy Mithos when I come down, but it's gotta be with my Sheena. Her seals are too good. Too bad it's nearly impossible to meet the coniditions for her summons... >_>

'Fro

Smash Lord
LOL, ya man, don't beat the game before Christmas break is over. I'll help you take down that little pansy Mithos when I come down, but it's gotta be with my Sheena. Her seals are too good. Too bad it's nearly impossible to meet the coniditions for her summons... >_>
Yeah, I was usually stuck with Sheena vs, the summon bosses when I played through with some other people. It sucked, because I was used to playing either Lloyd or Presea. Both are quite superior to Sheena, IMO. Presea takes forever to hit, but she does in 3 hits what Sheena does in 10.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was usually stuck with Sheena vs, the summon bosses when I played through with some other people. It sucked, because I was used to playing either Lloyd or Presea. Both are quite superior to Sheena, IMO. Presea takes forever to hit, but she does in 3 hits what Sheena does in 10.
Hmm, point taken. But she's hot, that's gotta count for something, right?

DracoFox

Smash Ace
The only thing as far as getting over to your place is transportation. I don't know how many rides I can bum off Saurabh, because he lives deeper into the west side on Salisbury. I'll figure out something.

City bus? There is one that get's pretty **** close to my place. 18th Street bus. Get dropped off at 14th and Central. Also, i guess I could get into helping out with ToS. Though I much prefer Tales of Destiny. And I'm 100% sure that my roommate would play ToS with you. -_-; Just have to tell him that he needs to keep his mouth shut and not spoil the game for you if you haven't beaten it yet.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
.........Goose, you make me really sad. Here I was thinking of you as an innocent type, and you turn out to be worse than Zelos.
LOL, hey, I could be worse. I could take a page outta his book and call her very...voluptuous.

**EDIT**

WWWWTTTTTFFFFF

Why do I always seem to post at the same minute as someone else!?!? lol
F'n KSO, the last post was made like 10 hours ago. What are the freakin' odds?!

_kSo_

Smash Master
LOL, hey, I could be worse. I could take a page outta his book and call her very...voluptuous.

**EDIT**

WWWWTTTTTFFFFF

Why do I always seem to post at the same minute as someone else!?!? lol
F'n KSO, the last post was made like 10 hours ago. What are the freakin' odds?!
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww get owned son

plus mine was first this time, but yours was last time...

probably controller port priority LOL

voorhese

Smash Master
hey guys, i got a old player who picked up smash again, and his sheik scares me, he has like zero tech skill, and can take my ganon and sometimes my fox to the last stock, does anyone know of any good sheik threads, or tutorials, so i can give them to him, im going to look also, (im not that lazy), but if anyone knows any off the top of their head it would be nice if u posted it for me... thx

BIG C

Smash Master
hey guys, i got a old player who picked up smash again, and his sheik scares me, he has like zero tech skill, and can take my ganon and sometimes my fox to the last stock, does anyone know of any good sheik threads, or tutorials, so i can give them to him, im going to look also, (im not that lazy), but if anyone knows any off the top of their head it would be nice if u posted it for me... thx
there's this section called character forums or w/e for both brawl and melee.

limitz

Smash Rookie
there's this section called character forums or w/e for both brawl and melee.
hey thanks, this is the sheik player, dylan said that, but ive been practicing combos, so i wasnt paying much attention

Sir_Kibble

Smash Cadet
hey thanks, this is the sheik player, dylan said that, but ive been practicing combos, so i wasnt paying much attention
That's probably beter anyway. If yer already coming close to beating voorhese, then you need practice more than you need new information. Plus you have to deal with forum idiots in some of the character forums. O_o. It's not always pretty.

_kSo_

Smash Master
The Ultimate Ganon Topic (questions guides matchups and whatever)

gg

took me 4 seconds

l2swf

When I get back from Vegas, it will be time for some SC, sirs. No johns.
I'm going to be in mexico till the 28th :ohwell:

Also, at FC3

Anthony looks like a noob LOLLL gg

:p

Top Bottom