• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Battle Opera - West Lafayette, IN, USA

goosefactor

Smash Lord
My Peach sucks. I almost know how to wavedash with her. Gay floating. Also, I'm still implementing like -415754 float cancels into my game. Stupid *****

Dex, good job with all this. We appreciate it, dude.

mecatomato

Smash Lord
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332
Thanks Maus. I agree, I do need to work on these things. Especially being Marth, I gotta punish spacies much more severely than I do for being off the edge. See, another reason for you to come back to Purdue- to help me with my game!
heh, counter is so gay. you should realize it and use it.
and... ask anthony. he is better player. + i don't even play marth =P

not to be mean or anything, but going back just because of a game would be a very stupid decision to execute.
but, for myself, yes i will consider that, though i cannot guarantee that i will go back to purdue.

Thank you, dong-seng!

Well, I do plan on changing a couple of things in my play-style. I went to the Samus boards to get help with a couple of things, particulalrly the Jiggs match-up. I'll try out that first. If not, guess I'll just try some other character for that.
you're welcome, hyung. =)

samus vs jiggs is jiggs favored.
and err..

you have good usage of Utilt.
i am working on my utilt. =P

anyway, but sometimes, for edge guarding, rather than Utilt,
you have other options of...
1. Edgehog
2. bomb
3. Fsmash
4. Dsmash
5. Ftilt
6. missiles
7. Nair,Bair or Dair off the stage

against marth, you have shield push, too.

i guess it was Draco's Marth vs you, i think,
you were using utilts but let him came back.

when marth is trying to sweetspot, go for shield push (hold diagonal direction of outside of stage and down so that you can fast fall after gets pushed)

when marth seems like sweetspotting but position is too high,
drop a bomb on the edge, so that you are forcing marth to use upB unsweetspotted.

after a unsweetspotted upB, you can easily punish him by Fsmash or Dsmash or Charge Shot if it is charged.

i love Nair off the stage. but sometimes it costs a life.... (bad memory against SleepyK)

---------------------------------------

Both of you,
Goose and Fro.

LEARN TO EDGEHOG.

DracoFox

Smash Ace
I'll work on shout outs later. This whole picture thing with the thread is getting really ********. Please stop it.

Thanks again for the recording set up and getting the vids up, Dex. I should have my set up next time to help out. I just need something better than WMM.

TJTeeJay

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. I see you all are enjoying yourselves.. I mean as I see it there are only 2 types of days. Days with tournaments and days without. I guess we each have our own ways of spending those days off (i.e. starting facepalm bonanzas)

ANYWAY, it was fun playing with all you guys on Saturday I learned a lot. I'm sorry to say I can't make it to the next tourney, so if any of you guys want to meet during the week/weekend to play before the next tournament let me know.

PS. Thanks, Goose - it was fun playing with you. And yeah I check back here every so often. Also, you said your brother is around campus? What's his name?

ShineDEX

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to play you (or anyone else here) in friendlies sometime this weekend. I'm not particularly good, but hopefully, I'm at least at the point where you won't get worse by playing me. I'm free most of this weekend, so definitely let me know if you make plans.

Sir_Kibble

Smash Cadet
All these people trying to get friendlies going ...
It makes me wonder if there's a smash-fest somewhere this weekend?

Because there really should be.

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Also, you said your brother is around campus? What's his name?
Heh, it's my cousin that's around campus. His name's Bryan, aka A.C. Burito. You remember, don't you? He's the crapy Sheik, Falco, and Falcon player that was at the tournament the other day. :p .... But then again, he beat me in teams, so I guess that says even more about me.:(

All these people trying to get friendlies going ...
I know....why do I have to live so far away, **** it!

TJTeeJay

Smash Rookie
Oh ha I didn't know he was your cousin. That makes sense though. Anyway, Dex/Anubis/Burrito let me know when you guys have time and where you're at and and if you have a cube. Ummm my AIM is dhyzc just message me some time. Word.

Sir_Kibble

Smash Cadet
Alright, but you better have a huge TV to show the dance. It's not nearly as annoying without the visual.

BunBun

Smash Master
Speaking of visual, I need you to take me back to Best Buy to return this recording setup. I'm going to get the same thing Dex has (thanks, by the way)

_kSo_

Smash Master
I'm sick as hell and it is only 10pm but I've been trying to go to sleep but the guys next door are having some sort of gathering and are being really loud, but I don't really wanna impose...

stupid stupid stupid cold....I hate being sick, it's so frustrating. I literally can't do anything right now...

Sir_Kibble

Smash Cadet
Speaking of visual, I need you to take me back to Best Buy to return this recording setup. I'm going to get the same thing Dex has (thanks, by the way)
Fix your car. <3

stupid stupid stupid cold....I hate being sick, it's so frustrating. I literally can't do anything right now...
I hear that. Couldn't go to the tournament Saturday, and slept straight through Sunday because of a **** bug. Bein' sick sucks.

goosefactor

Smash Lord

I hear ya. I remember having the misfortune of getting sick from Andrew during the Maus Edition when I spent the night in his room. He is so inconsiderate....

Seriously though, hope you feel better.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Get well, soon, Alan. It seems to be spreading around. My roommate's GF is sick, too.

Also, Andrew, your sig's awesome.

bnny

Smash Rookie
I'm sick as hell .
Here's my five minutes of being the irritating girlfriend:
shame on everybody who kept him up late last weekend! He needed sleep and instead he got...smash. Make sure that this Friday/Saturday he goes to bed at a decent hour. Alan really can't take care of himself very well, he is easily swayed by what he wants to do instead of what he should be doing.

Okay I'm done now. I'll be up again in the middle of January. Yay. Will I see many of you then?

PurdueSmash

Smash Apprentice
New Banner

I kinda just threw together some crap.

but i did take out the brawl stuffs in the ssbo banner. check out the front page.

as you all know i've been really sick, so with nothing really to do at home whilst being sick, I decided to do it today lol

so yea just go check it out.

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
Here's my five minutes of being the irritating girlfriend:
shame on everybody who kept him up late last weekend! He needed sleep and instead he got...smash. Make sure that this Friday/Saturday he goes to bed at a decent hour. Alan really can't take care of himself very well, he is easily swayed by what he wants to do instead of what he should be doing.

Okay I'm done now. I'll be up again in the middle of January. Yay. Will I see many of you then?
Joonzzzzz?

_kSo_

Smash Master
So an idea I have for the next SSBO trailer is going to be a video split into different sections: each will be featuring a different player. So essentially, it will be everyone's combo video, but shorter and compiled into one large one. It will be a better way of organizing it, as well as a better way to feature the player.

So far I think we should have kitsune last in the video, you know, kuz he destroys all of us, and it would be a good way to go out. I think carl/kirk should be first, so that we can start out strong. We will only be featuring those of you who are consistent SSBO attenders and are active members of the purdue crew.

So far this is who I think should be in the new trailer (with a featured section):

carl
kirk
cunningkitsune
dracofox
goosefactor
'fro
kSo
Mr H
iamthemicrowave
AC_burrito

and i guess bunbun :)

we should record a lot of matches so that I can work on this over winter break. Dex - it would help me a lot if you could get me those matches that you recorded at the last tournament (thanks for doing that, btw).

ac_burito

Smash Journeyman
So an idea I have for the next SSBO trailer is going to be a video split into different sections: each will be featuring a different player. So essentially, it will be everyone's combo video, but shorter and compiled into one large one. It will be a better way of organizing it, as well as a better way to feature the player.
i like it, sounds solid and im sure it will be great once it gets finished

Top Bottom